Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: NBA, NHL, NFL,MLB....name your most MISEARABLE nightmare attending one LIVE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 NBA, NHL, NFL,MLB....name your most MISEARABLE nightmare attending one LIVE 
    Remember, it can ONLY be from ONE of the major four sports listed in the title............NBA, NHL, NFL, or MLB.

GO!

Think mine may come from some ridiculous TB BUCS game I attended.............still thinking.

Surprisingly, never been thrown out of a PROFESSIONAL sporting event involving these leagues.

have 2

#1 Went to Detroit to see the Red Sox paly the Tigers in the early 90's old stadium. During a rain delay just outside the stadium JIM RICE winged a ball at me and my buddies not once but twice.

#2 During an DIAMOND BACK CUB game in the bleachers at wrigley, we decided to play the beer an ining game with rules. Begin the beer at the beginning of an inning and have it finished by the end no exceptions or your OUT of the stadium. My one buddy wore a D-BACK jersey got in a fight and 2 of my buddies were held in the BRINK and are now banned from wigley.

Dallas over Buffalo in hockey. The bullshit foot in the crease call still bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by 5teamparlay View Post
    have 2

#1 Went to Detroit to see the Red Sox paly the Tigers in the early 90's old stadium. During a rain delay just outside the stadium JIM RICE winged a ball at me and my buddies not once but twice.

#2 During an DIAMOND BACK CUB game in the bleachers at wrigley, we decided to play the beer an ining game with rules. Begin the beer at the beginning of an inning and have it finished by the end no exceptions or your OUT of the stadium. My one buddy wore a D-BACK jersey got in a fight and 2 of my buddies were held in the BRINK and are now banned from wigley.

Banned from WRIGLEY..........

RX Junior
    Forget what year exactly. Was on a 3 day bus trip with the Hartford Insurance Group for a Red Sox-Yankees series at Fenway. Three days of great baseball and drunken debauchery. Part of the trip package included lunch with Wade Boggs in one of Fenways party rooms. We had franks and beans with Wade, and I got him to autograph my ticket. My roomate for the trip and I leave the room, and when we are walking up one of those long uphill walkways to the level that our seats are on, this douchbag lights up a joint. Of course security is waiting for us when we get to the top and when I hear "Gentleman, you cannot smoke marijuana at Fenway Park, I know we are gone. I tell him I did not smoke the joint but I was wasting my time. Fine. They lead us to the exit and tell me I either give up my ticket or get arrested. We ended up in the Cask and Flagon waiting for the damn bus ride home.....I did not forgive my friend until he bought the first two rounds...

Quote Originally Posted by camy View Post
    Forget what year exactly. Was on a 3 day bus trip with the Hartford Insurance Group for a Red Sox-Yankees series at Fenway. Three days of great baseball and drunken debauchery. Part of the trip package included lunch with Wade Boggs in one of Fenways party rooms. We had franks and beans with Wade, and I got him to autograph my ticket. My roomate for the trip and I leave the room, and when we are walking up one of those long uphill walkways to the level that our seats are on, this douchbag lights up a joint. Of course security is waiting for us when we get to the top and when I hear "Gentleman, you cannot smoke marijuana at Fenway Park, I know we are gone. I tell him I did not smoke the joint but I was wasting my time. Fine. They lead us to the exit and tell me I either give up my ticket or get arrested. We ended up in the Cask and Flagon waiting for the damn bus ride home.....I did not forgive my friend until he bought the first two rounds...

I could probably name 50 individual games from the old Sports Arena as a Clippers season ticket holder. The place was in the ghetto and there was a lot of bad basketball being played by my Clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Clip Joint View Post
    I could probably name 50 individual games from the old Sports Arena as a Clippers season ticket holder. The place was in the ghetto and there was a lot of bad basketball being played by my Clips.
    My FIRST EVER NBA game was seeing the CLIPS play in LA when they had Manning...........bad area there in LA where they played.

I scalped a ticket from what I PERCIEVED to be a homeless person.

The old Metropolitan Stadium in Bloomington, MN for a Vikings game. I don't remember the exact year or month but the whole game felt like below 0 the whole time. Plus, I had to stand the whole time. Good thing I had my grandpa's big old winter coat on top of my regular winter coat.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumleap View Post
    The old Metropolitan Stadium in Bloomington, MN for a Vikings game. I don't remember the exact year or month but the whole game felt like below 0 the whole time. Plus, I had to stand the whole time. Good thing I had my grandpa's big old winter coat on top of my regular winter coat.
    I have a TON of memories from that old stadium..........TONS!

Witnessed my first ever MLB game there.

Went to probably 50+ MLB games there over the course of 9-12 years.

Do you remember the great/semifamous catch FRED LYNN made over the wall in centerfield on the NBC GAME OF THE WEEK on a SATURDAY.......late 70's?

Was at that game along with Rx poster Hawkeye171 and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    My FIRST EVER NBA game was seeing the CLIPS play in LA when they had Manning...........bad area there in LA where they played.

I scalped a ticket from what I PERCIEVED to be a homeless person.
    More money spent:

Being robbed walking to you car after game: -120
    Season tickets: +100

I have a TON of memories from that old stadium..........TONS!

Witnessed my first ever MLB game there.

Went to probably 50+ MLB games there over the course of 9-12 years.

Do you remember the great/semifamous catch FRED LYNN made over the wall in centerfield on the NBC GAME OF THE WEEK on a SATURDAY.......late 70's?

Was at that game along with Rx poster Hawkeye171 and friends.
    Nope didn't see that one.

Did you ever get those steak sandwiches they sold there during Twins games? I'll never forget those.

In College my buddy was a big Skins fan, and I am of course a huge Eagles fan. I decided to bring him down for fall break to Philly to get wasted and chase chicks. I bought 12th row 50yard line tickets for the Eagles/Skins that weekend and surprized him. 140$ each. A lot of $$ even now.

Well first of all you can barely see the field with the teams standing on the side lines and the camera platform at midfield. Second to get a beer was almost impossible in the seats. The guy came by twice all game. Also the Skins won and my wonderboy Randall looked like crap and could not read the defense. 1998 I think. Big waste of Money. I get row 30 to 40 now. and get drunk before I walk in. As for the Skins they won more than thier share back then. I ate crow all season for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumleap View Post
    Nope didn't see that one.

Did you ever get those steak sandwiches they sold there during Twins games? I'll never forget those.

No, but remember getting drunk on SCHMIDT beer as a teenager.......

every game I ever attended in that shithole people call Fenway

No, but remember getting drunk on SCHMIDT beer as a teenager.......
    Oh God, me too. How about Buckhorn beer or Grain Belt? Of course you remember Hamms.

HAMMS THE BEER REFRESHING!!!! HAMMS THE BEER REFRESHING!!!! HAMMMS!!!!!

That shit was bad! Also on the shit list-Old Mud, Milw Beast, and Red\White\Blue.

I'm sure a few others will come to mind.

I'll be in the Bar..With my head on the Bar ProPokerPlayer's Avatar
    This is a story a fella down here tells...

His 1st Saints game ever was Dempseys 63yd FG game....he was about 8 yrs old and went with his grandmother to the game...something else happened that day for the 1st time....he heard the "F" word...As they were walking out the stadium he heard a guy say "Man i cant believe it Dempsey kicked a fucking 63yd FG!" . he's thinking about it the whole way home ...they get home he runs up in the house and his mom and dad say well how was the game???...He says "aawwww it was great Dempsey kicked a FUCKING 63yd Field Goal !!!!"

RX Chronic Masturbator MinnesotaEconMajor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aceduecetrey View Post
    every game I ever attended in that shithole people call Fenway
    It could be worse (ever heard of the Metrodome)? :nopityA:

Quote Originally Posted by TTinCO View Post
    HAMMS THE BEER REFRESHING!!!! HAMMS THE BEER REFRESHING!!!! HAMMMS!!!!!

That shit was bad! Also on the shit list-Old Mud, Milw Beast, and Red\White\Blue.

I'm sure a few others will come to mind.

HAMMS is possibly the ONLY beer in AMERICA that I cannot drink...........just pathetic........

BLUE OX SHIT/PISS or something from the land of sky blue waters.

Banned
    Went to my first opening day without any adult supervision...the Orioles played the White Sox, we got to the park 3 hours early, game time temperature was 32 degrees.... on the way home we had to take two busses, on the first bus my friend and I were crammed into the back standing up and were the only whites on the bus, got kicked and smacked around pretty good.....funny thing was it didn't deter me as I went to about 45 games that yr.

I saw some crazy people and other incidents on the bus rides after that but never had anyting else happen to me...live and learn! Or never walk to the back of a crowded bus, we just didn't know any better.

taking the bus back and forth to that park was always an adventure....the worst part was waiting for a transfer (the #28) in downtown balto at 11:30, sometimes we'd have to wait an hour and we'd see some pretty scary stuff.

looking back I can't believe I did that or was allowed to at that young age of 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
    Went to my first opening day without any adult supervision...the Orioles played the White Sox, we got to the park 3 hours early, game time temperature was 32 degrees.... on the way home we had to take two busses, on the first bus my friend and I were crammed into the back standing up and were the only whites on the bus, got kicked and smacked around pretty good.....funny thing was it didn't deter me as I went to about 45 games that yr.

taking the bus back and forth to that park was always an adventure....the worst part was waiting for a transfer (the #28) in downtown balto at 11:30, sometimes we'd have to wait an hour and we'd see some pretty scary stuff.

looking back I can't believe I did that or was allowed to at that young age of 15.
    WOW, what a city slicker!

Banned
    WOW, what a city slicker!
    I lived in the county, problem was we had to venture way into the city , basically to the other side of it to get to old Memorial Stadium....it was literally a journey just to get to the damn game, and back home!

Easily and hour and a half to get to the game and then back home...it was like a job going to an orioles game .