Forum: Classic Threads From The Past - Visit here for a great "blast from the past" and view some terrific, informative and interesting "Classic Threads" posted by thousands of savvy sportsbettors over the years here at The Rx.com.....

Thread: can u really make a LIving SPORTS GAMBLING ?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Quote Originally Posted by cd329 View Post
    Also if you had a huge bankroll like 500k, there are way better ways to use that money to make more money, then risking betting on some outcome of a sporting event.
    Care to point me in the direction of one of these "way better ways"?

I started betting sports three years ago for about $100/game, and after losing for 6 months, began to take it seriously (more seriously than anything i've ever done). If I told you what my unit size is now, you wouldn't believe me (don't ask, you really wouldn't believe me). Certainly I've run above expectation, including an extraordinary CBB season last year, but I promise this can be an extremely +EV venture. Having said that, many don't know what it takes, or seem incapable of balancing their emotions/workload required to build a bankroll.

In 6 months I'll be moving to Vegas, and buying a house (paid for with sports betting winnings). I'll take advantage of the early line posts at the major books for as long as my action is welcomed.

Be careful making blanket statements about the unbeatability of sports gambling. It's very true that NEARLY everyone will lose (keeping books in business), but there are huge market inefficiencies that can be exploited.

Everything's Legal in the USofA...Just don't get caught mamatried's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by timotinbowen View Post
    Care to point me in the direction of one of these "way better ways"?

I started betting sports three years ago for about $100/game, and after losing for 6 months, began to take it seriously (more seriously than anything i've ever done). If I told you what my unit size is now, you wouldn't believe me (don't ask, you really wouldn't believe me). Certainly I've run above expectation, including an extraordinary CBB season last year, but I promise this can be an extremely +EV venture. Having said that, many don't know what it takes, or seem incapable of balancing their emotions/workload required to build a bankroll.

In 6 months I'll be moving to Vegas, and buying a house (paid for with sports betting winnings). I'll take advantage of the early line posts at the major books for as long as my action is welcomed.

Be careful making blanket statements about the unbeatability of sports gambling. It's very true that NEARLY everyone will lose (keeping books in business), but there are huge market inefficiencies that can be exploited.

VERY TRUE. I've given notice to my employer, and will be quitting my job on 12/31 to pursue sports gambling as a full time vocation (with some poker on the side). And I have a 4 1/2 year old son to support.

Moving to Vegas to do this fulltime is completely worthless unless you have the hook up from credit people out here. Betting early and often is way easier online not to mention how much you can accomplish going this route (betting from home).

IT IS WHAT IT IS.............
    Iceman............

Is 100% correct. So many people think by moving to vegas its going to change the way they bet and they will have the upper hand. FALSE.

Been here 40 years. Books dont look out for your best intrest.

If you are thinking of really retiring and soley looking to play action the rest of your life. Suggestion move to south-east Asia EX: PHILLIPPINES or Thailand and open up accounts with Pinnacle and Bet365 and you will be much better off and your cost of living will be much less and there are more women there then you will even know what to do ????

In other words your quality of Life will be Very Nice Indeed.

Stay away from Vegas you will go broke FAST............

Stein

Quote Originally Posted by mrstein View Post
    iceman............

Is 100% correct. So many people think by moving to vegas its going to change the way they bet and they will have the upper hand. False.

If you are thinking of really retiring and soley looking to play action the rest of your life. Suggestion move to south-east asia ex: Phillippines or thailand and open up accounts with pinnacle and bet365 and you will be much better off and your cost of living will be much less and there are more women there then you will even know what to do ????

In other words your quality of life will be very nice indeed.

Stay away from vegas you will go broke fast............

Stein

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstein View Post
    Iceman............

Is 100% correct. So many people think by moving to vegas its going to change the way they bet and they will have the upper hand. FALSE.

If you are thinking of really retiring and soley looking to play action the rest of your life. Suggestion move to south-east Asia EX: PHILLIPPINES or Thailand and open up accounts with Pinnacle and Bet365 and you will be much better off and your cost of living will be much less and there are more women there then you will even know what to do ????

In other words your quality of Life will be Very Nice Indeed.

Stay away from Vegas you will go broke FAST............

Stein
    I could see moving to Vegas as you have access to some of the big competitions........and if you do any other advantage gambling or want to take advantage of promotions (7X points days etc).......moving to Vegas would be worth it to you.

I know one thing it would be stressful as hell

RX Junior
    for me personally scalping and middling

looking back at this post...and fast forward 3 years...much harder to make a living on sports-betting because of the hassle of getting money in and out of the offshore books.

Curious to see how posters like Sean 1 are still doing and if all the current offshore money obstacles have changed the way they think about this topic?

Any current comments added to this discussion would be appreciated. Also, which books besides Pinny do not close down or limit the accounts of consistent takers of money out of the books would be most appreciated.

RX Junior
    In my opinion you can make a living this way, but only if you have enough stamina to handle the pressure. And it's not only stamina that you need, but also patience, persistence, intelligence and above all composure. I think it's the last quality that most gamblers lack - they take gambling to heart and can't handle failure.

RX Member
    [QUOTE=bobsimmons;7200572]Here is the question to be answered. Please assume his system works as I am more concerned about whether Pinnacle would pay out monthly $1,000:

Question to be answered:
    ASSUMING HIS SYSTEM WORKS, WOULD PINNACLE LIKELY PAY HIM MONTH AFTER MONTH AND YEAR AFTER YEAR IF HE IS ONLY PULLING $1,000 PER MONTH OUT OF THAT SPORTS BOOK?

Has anyone on this forum, who has been using sports betting as a way of making a living, had good experience with Pinnacle paying you monthly year after year after year?

I have a friend that I am concerned about.....

He wants to go and live in Ecuador where you can survive easily on $795 per month as a single person and he wants to place $25,000 USD value of Norwegian Kroner into Pinnacle Sports and use his proven system to generate $1,000 USD value per month which will allow him to live free of the control of the evil empire to the north that he wants to escape from.

I would hate for him to get down there and have Pinnacle limit his bets. He must not be invested in a sports book that limits or cancels his betting privileges.

ASSUMING HIS SYSTEM WORKS, WOULD PINNACLE LIKELY PAY HIM MONTH AFTER MONTH AND YEAR AFTER YEAR IF HE IS ONLY PULLING $1,000 PER MONTH OUT OF THAT SPORTS BOOK?

Thanks, Bob (
    bob franko here from GM Body shop...are u Bucko Bob ?

possible, have multiple/multiple books - 1000 usd isn't that much especially if its spread around.

Quote Originally Posted by kimchee7270 View Post
    THis Question has Been asked only a MILLION times in a month...BUT Seriously ....CAN WE REALLY MAKE A SUSTAINED LIVING Sports Betting ????

been involved with gambling for the past 5 years ....CAN U REALLY BEAT THE MAN Consistently even with the Vig ???

What Are Some of The PRInciples to Go By When wagering ?

Is IT a myth or a fact To play Dogs over Favs ?....To JUst PLay One or Two Games a Day ? ....TO NEVER cHase ? ...

I found people go up n down throughout the years ....n most everyone is 50 %.....so how does one beat the MAN? ....And IF One Does, Would he even SHare his info ?
    YOU have answers in your post there is proven fact over 100 years to limit plays per day NEVER EVER USE ANY CHASE SYSTEM or Chase your losses.

stay with a fixed % of your bank roll and maybe increase that % when you feel hot n lucky.

The ones you found are same as you just regular punters.

GO to Vegas for a month ask where sharps n wiseguys are they will show you how to beat the man every year

also depends on who u know about sharing thier info but this is all pout in print now no big secret any one can do it but learning how to truly handicap each sport is key. If you cannot do the time which might be 2 hours daily finding your spots then just stop betting on sports and go play the lotterry where you only need to win once!

great thread!

RX Junior
    Um, you already know that you will not always win, and bookies do not like winners, but once you bet with conscience and skills it may help you earn sth

RX Junior
    Biff Tannen from Back to the Future movie did it LOL. Remember this magazine?
    amanac2200126.jpg

RX Senior
    After a while I think they would just ban you or lower your limits to the point you can't make a living. Truth is Vegas is mostly a scam. Unless you win big money by pure luck like in slots they are legally allowed to kick you out just for winning and you don't have to be cheating. They can kick you out for counting cards evne though it is not illegal. Think of it, you are not allowed to use you brain to play cards. So, unless you bet big playing sports or counting cards in the short term and get out, you will eventually be kicked out and banned

entertaining read