Bookie Buster Friday Service Plays, SDS Spreadsheets

Search

Tokens
For the first time since the beginning of the baseball season, I did not have the time to update the Service Plays Spreadsheet and the Service Fades Spreadsheet. I was feeling a bit under the weather last night and went to bed early.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I am hoping to have a chance to update the sheets at lunch time today, and if that fails then I will have it ready by about the same time that Bookie Buster begins posting the service plays on his NBA Forum thread.
<o:p></o:p>
Sorry for the delay…..but the spreadsheets will be here for everyone later this afternoon.

Tokens
Early Play:

One early play for today:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Cubs OVER 7.5 –120
Lets see if I can get back on the winning track with an early winner this afternoon before we tackle the evening games.

Tokens
the under is -120 at the greek for those of you looking around so over at EVEN as well.

Tokens
Updated Spreadsheets

Here are the links to the most recently updated Service PLAY Spreadsheet and the Service FADE Spreadsheet:

Last edited:

Tokens
the under is -120 at the greek for those of you looking around so over at EVEN as well.

Nice numbers 5Team. Wish I had access to more books like that. I am pretty much restricted to BetJam and my local guy. Afraid to spread my wings further with all the government operation shut down crap going on.

Tokens
sds23,

Where do you get your stats for the 1st 5 innings of baseball?

If you are asking what stats I look at and where I look at them when I decide to play the first 5 innings.....well, I will admit that I don't even look at 5 inning type stats.

(That should inspire some confidence, huh? LOL).

Truth be told, I cap the game like I normally do and I tend to play the first five innings of a game if I feel there is a significant picthing advantage. I won't bore you with the details of my capping methods, but I will certainly get into those details if you want to know more.

Tokens
FYI:

I will be able to repost Bookie Buster's service plays today.....I am home now from work (still sick as a dog).

So $4Nothing, VicVegas and anyone else that has helped out in the past and is there to help out in today or in the future....I am able to get it done for us today.

Tokens
Service Plays from BB:

Friday’s Service Plays from Bookie Buster:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Michael Cannon Money Train

10 Dime –

A’s (With Haren and Fossum as listed pitchers)

Lay the juice with the A’s tonight in Tampa Bay for the win.

Dan Haren starts for Oakland and he’s going to be too much for the Devil Rays. Haren is 3-2 on the year with a 1.60 ERA. His three wins have come in his last three starts, during which he’s walked only one batter and given up just three earned runs in 21 1-3 innings.
Casey Fossum will toe the rubber for Tampa Bay and he’s struggled this year, going 2-2 with an 8.58 ERA. He was clobbered by Oakland in his last start on April 28, giving up nine earned runs and nine hits in five innings of a 12-5 loss. Fossum is 1-2 with a 10.42 ERA in three games against Oakland, giving up 30 hits and 22 earned runs in 19 innings.

Take the A’s and lay the juice as they grab the road win.

BLUE JAYS (With Ohka and McCarthy as listed pitchers)

Take Toronto for the road win tonight over Texas.

The Blue Jays should be able to get their raps in against Brandon McCarthy of the Rangers. The right-hander is just 1-4 on the year with an astonishing 9.90 ERA in six games. McCarthy has a WHIP of 2.1, allowing 32 hits and walking 10 batters in just 20 innings. He hasn’t had any command at all and not surprisingly he’s been getting shelled every time he steps on the mound.
Tomo Ohka will start for Toronto and he’s had good success against the Rangers in his career. The right-hander is 3-0 with a 2.05 ERA in four career games against Texas.

Take the Blue Jays as a cheap chalk for the road win.

Marc Lawrence

Bonus Play: New York (N) Mets vs Arizona Diamondbacks

Arizona w/Johnson over NY Mets Diamondbacks send Randy Johnson up against the Mets in Game Two of their series tonight with the big left hander dressing up in the rare role of a home dog. With the Big Unit rounding back into form, look for the Mets to finally taste defeat against a serious southpaw here tonight. Make plans now to join Marc for his NBA FAN APPRECIATION winner on Friday night's playoff card. It's backed by a terrific 100% perfect winning angle inside the game. Get it now - you'll be glad you did!

Charlie

Cincinnati-125 (20*)
Cleveland+105 (20*)
Boston-115 (10*)
Florida-125 (10*) Bonus Play

SCOTT SPREITZER SCOTT'S MLB FRIDAY NIGHT ROAD WARRIOR!

(971) OAK Athletics vs (972) TAM Devil Rays

Take (971) OAK Athletics

I'm laying the price with Oakland on Friday night, my 5* Hammer. This is a huge pitching mismatch in favor of the A's. Dan Haren is off to a strong start while Casey Fossum is really struggling. After scoring just one run in Haren's first two starts, (Oakland losses), the A's finally started giving the hurler some support. They've now won four straight Haren starts. The righty has shut-down everyone he's faced thus far. He's allowed just seven eanred runs and 39 base runners in 39 1/3 IP. That adds up to a fantastic 1.60 ERA & 0.99 WHIP. In three road starts, Haren owns an even better 0.90 ERA, and a .205 team batting average against. Haren has absolutely shut- down the D'Rays throughout his career. The bad side of the matchup is Casey Fossum. The southpaw has allowed 27 ER and 38 hits in just 28 1/3 IP. He just got tagged for nine ER in five IP against Oakland in his last start. With the way his season has gone, a pen that ranks dead last in the majors, and an offense that has started to slow down, we don't expect any quick revenge for the lefty. The Oakland A's are our MLB Matchup Mismatch. Thanks! GL! Scott.

SCOTT SPREITZER SCOTT'S FRIDAY NIGHT MLB GRAND SLAM!

(957) LA Dodgers vs (958) ATL Braves

Take (958) ATL Braves

I'm laying the price with the Braves on Friday. Atlanta has been clobbering right-handed starters so far this season. They're 6-1 at home in this situation and 12-3 overall against righties, averaging 5.80 runs per game. That's not good news for Brett Tomko. The Dodger righty has been little more than a batting practice pitcher against ATL. In his career, Tomko has appeared against the Braves on nine occasions, (six starts). He's been belted for 33 earned runs and 64 base runners in 43 2/3 IP. That adds up to a 6.80 ERA and a 1.47 WHIP. In fact, Atlanta holds a .274 team batting average against Tomko. This season, on paper, Tomko looks decent with a 3.75 ERA in five appearances, (four starts). But what's alarming is his 1.54 WHIP. It also adds fuel to the fire when you consider four of his five outings have come against teams that rank 22nd or worse in team hitting. The Braves are the best hitting squad Tomko has faced this season and I believe he'll pay dearly. John Smoltz counters for the Braves. The veteran righty has last six innings or more in all six starts in 2007. He owns a 2.56 ERA & 1.36 WHIP at home this season, and in 45 appearances against the Dodgers, Smoltz has a solid 2.90 ERA & 1.26 WHIP. With the way ATL has roughed up righties this season, we don't see much of a challenge from L.A. tonight. I'm laying the price with Atlanta on Friday. Thanks! GL! Scott.

A's at Devil Rays

Prediction: A's

I'm laying the price with Oakland on Friday night. This is a huge pitching mismatch in favor of the A's. Oakland's Dan Haren is off to a strong start while Tampa Bay's Casey Fossum is really struggling. After scoring just one run in Haren's first two starts, (Oakland losses), the A's finally started giving the hurler some support. They've now won four straight Haren starts. The righty has shut-down everyone he's faced thus far. He's allowed just seven earned runs and 39 base runners in 39 1/3 innings pitched. That adds up to a fantastic 1.60 ERA and 0.99 WHIP. In three road starts, Haren owns an even better 0.90 ERA and a stellar .205 team batting average against. Haren has absolutely shutdown the D-Rays throughout his career. The bad side of the matchup is Fossum. The southpaw has allowed 27 earned runs and 38 hits in just 28 1/3 innings pitched. He just got tagged for nine earned runs in five innings pitched against Oakland in his last start. With a 'pen that ranks dead last in the majors and an offense that has begun to slow down, we don't expect any quick revenge for the lefty. The Oakland A's get the nod on Friday

Ben Burns

National League Big Total Alert

Under Giants/Phillies

Ben Burns

Personal Favorite
Cincinnati Reds

Jim Feist

My free pick of the day is the game between (969) CLE Indians and (970) BAL Orioles.
Take "(969) CLE Indians".
Paul Byrd is not overpowering, but he's a crafty veteran who throws strikes. He's also off to a great start, with a 2-1 mark and a 3.50 ERA. Cleveland is on a roll, winning 9 of 11 games, which included taking 2 of 3 from this Baltimore team. Oriole lefty Erik Bedard brings a 6.09 ERA into this one, but opened as the favorite. The Indians have the better defense and offense and are a very live road dog. Play the Indians!

Dave Cokin

My free pick of the day is the game between (965) PHI Phillies and (966) SF Giants.
Take the Phillies!

“Jamie Moyer is off to a great start for Philly, and the ultimate crafty southpaw goes after another win tonight vs. the Giants. The Phillies are now getting some serious production from the top of their batting order and Matt Morris has been far more fortunate than good thus far. I like the Phillies to knock Morris around with Moyer taking care of the rest, resulting in a win for the visitors."

Fade King

3* TEXAS - 105

THE REST ARE ALL 2* 'S

SD + 115
COLORADO + 120
ARIZONA + 115
TAMPA + 135
KC + 155

Cremaster

Survivor Pick Record: 10-1-2
Friday pick: Boston Red Sox

Also note that several survivor pick members on the main leader board have the Toronto Blue Jays tonight

Cappers Access

Phillies Giants 105 Giants

Benjamin Lee Eckstein

Angels

Larry Ness' 15* NL Total of the Week (22-5 with 15* GOW plays in MLB '07!)

My 15* play is on SD/Fla Over at 7:05 ET.
Dontrelle Willis finished April 5-1 in seven starts with the Marlins winning six of the seven games. His career mark in April is now an amazing, 14-2. However, it wasn't like he was reminiscent of Sandy Koufax this spring. His ERA sits at 5.35, including 7.50 in his last three starts, with an opponents batting average of.338! Willis has benefited from the Marlins scoring 44 runs in his 37 innings of work. On the other hand, San Diego's Greg Maddux has gotten little support, as the Padres have scored just 12 runs in his 30.1 innings of work. Opponents have hit just .248 against Maddux and he owns an NL-leading mark of 1.19 per nine innings. However, the Padres ought to get Maddux some support here vs Willis, especially considering they are 3-1 vs lefties on the road in 2007, averaging 6.8 runs per game. Also note that Maddux had a 5.20 road ERA in 18 starts last year and while his ERA in home starts this year is 2.95, he's allowed 13 hits and seven ERs (12 innings) in two road starts this year, for an ERA of 5.25. Expect both teams to score here and for this game to 'fly' over the total.
NL Total of the Week 15* on SD/Fla Over

Brandon Lang

10 DIME
Marlins - Specify Pitchers - Maddux vs Willis

5 DIME
Mets - Specify Pitchers - Maine vs Johnson
Reds - Specify Pitchers -Hirsh vs Belisle
Orioles - Specify Pitchers - Byrd vs Bedard

Free Pick - Astros

Drew Gordon

100,000? NY Mets
100,000? Phillies

NY Mets- As one strong road team (Mets 10-3 away) clashes with one strong home team (D-Backs 9-6 home), what separates these two clubs? The answer: Pitching, plain and simple.

The surging John Maine takes the hill tonight for the Mets, and that means trouble for Arizona. Maine has been amazing, going 4-0 posting a miniscule 1.35 ERA this season! But that's not the best part, as Maine has been even better on the road, going 3-0 with a 0.86 ERA so far this year! There's no question in my mind that he's one of the hottest pitchers in the Majors right now and facing an Arizona offense that's batting .213 against righties over their last 10 games will do little to slow him down.

The same cannot be said about the D-Backs Randy Johnson, who's 0-1 with a 6.55 ERA this season. The veteran southpaw was better in his last start, however he's nowhere near the level Maine is pitching at right now. Facing a Mets offense that has eaten lefties for dinner, batting .348 against them this season, there's little reason to expect Johnson to be the one to cool them off.

Bottom line, how can you not like the red-hot Maine in this spot for this price? Not only have the Mets won 11 straight in Arizona, but he's been downright dominant this season, and you know his offense is going to open up on Johnson... Any way you look at it, the Diamondbacks are in trouble tonight.

Take the NY Mets behind Maine over the Diamondbacks in this MLB match up.

Phillies- Yesterday I gave you the Giants in this spot, because I believed Matt Cain was their only chance to stop a red-hot Phillies offense, but I was wrong, as they lost 9-7 last night. This time around, with the Jamie Moyer on the hill, there's little hope for this Giants team in this one.

Moyer is another pitcher who's been red-hot over the month of April, going 3-1 with a impressive 2.65 ERA. The Phillies southpaw dominated the Marlins in his last start, pitching 7 1/3 shutout innings, while allowing only 2 hits! Granted, the Giants have hit better against lefties this season, however Moyer has been solid against them in the past, going 4-4 with an equally impressive 2.60 ERA in 9 career starts against the Giants.

Opposing Moyer is the Gianst Matt Morris, who has had an overall successful month of April, despite struggling through his last start of the month at Arizona, where he allowed 5 runs on 12 hits over 7 innings of work... Not exactly the way you want to come into tonight's game against one of the hottest batting orders in the Majors right now. Phillies are batting .276 on the season against righties, and while Morris is good, he's not good enough to slow down this offense completely.

Bottom line, while two solid pitchers face-off tonight in this one, Moyer has the advantage of a dangerous offense, that will give him plenty of run support. Between Moyer's impressive performances in April and the Phillies powerhouse offense, you've got to like Philadelphia in this one, plain and simple.

Take the Phillies behind Moyer over the Giants in this MLB match up.

VEGAS SPORTS PIC

Atlanta (Smoltz) - 1.5 (+140*) over Los Angeles Dodgers (Tomko)

Dodgers have scored two runs or less in four of last five games. Tomko is 0-3 life at Atlanta with a 9.15 ERA. Atlanta is 9-1 last ten Smoltz starts, eight of the nine wins coming by at least two runs.

Big Al's American League Total of the Week.

At 8:10 pm our American League Total of the Week is on the Boston Red Sox and the Minnesota Twins 'under' the total.

This should be an interesting pitching matchup. Two righthanders, the Red Sox' Tim Wakefield and the Twins' Carlos Silva will see who can win this game while throwing the ball under 80 Mph. These are two of the softest throwers in baseball, but given their records and pitching statistics, other pitchers may want to take note. Both of these control pitchers have excellent numbers and their teams have so far benefited as a result. It is pretty much a guarantee that they will make their starts every 5 games without missing anything due to fatigue or injury, and that is something that a lot of pitchers these days can't claim. Another amazing statistic is that, while everyone thinks of Boston as having a huge lineup that scores a lot of runs, this seems to only be true at home, as the under is an incredible 27-8-1 in Boston's last 36 road games. And in very similar fashion, while people tend to think of the Metrodome as a hitters park (i.e., the "homerdome"), when the Twins play at home, runs have been scarce. The under is 28-11-4 in Minnesota's last 43 games at home. Add to these somewhat surprising numbers the fact that both of these bullpens have been lights out lately, and you have the makings of a low scoring affair that won't hardly register on the radar guns. Take the 'under'. As always, good luck...Al McMordie.

Tokens
Service Plays from BB:

Friday’s Service Plays from Bookie Buster:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Rocketman Sports
“$1000 ...... in your bank MLB”
Split out yesterday going 1-1 so we are now 20-12 with $817 in THE BANK . Today lets take a total on the BRAVES - OVER 8.5 L 10 games played 9-1 over the number .
So we risk 110 to win 100 all plays $100 on a dimeline .

Rocketman Sports

FREE MLB PLAY FRIDAY (100-71 59% run with freebies)

Pittsburgh @ Milwaukee 8:05 PM EST
Play On: 1* Milwaukee -160 (Maholm/Vargas) Listed
Friday Comps

Sebastian-OVER Yankees
The DOC-Over Red Sox
Computer Boys-Milwaukee
Winner Line-Phillies
OTM-Anaheim
Feiner-Mets

Gold Key Games

3 Units (Bonus Play): LA Angels - ESCOBAR -140

Silver Key (Bonus Play): Seattle Baek +1.5 runs -115

Ben Burns (complete card):

Personal Favorite: Cincinnati Reds
National League Big Total Alert: Under Giants/Phillies
American League Best Bet: Baltimore Orioles

Maverick

Oakland
Braves
Balt

Winning Points

7* Cinn
6*NYM
5* S.D
4* Wash

Rob Mahon

5 dime Philly
5 dime Det
5 dime Padres

Wise Owl Syndicate

Orioles
Padres
Dodgers Runline +1 1/2
Astros
Blue Jays
Yankees Over 10.5
White Sox Runline + 1 1/2

Small Investment Parlay Tigers Moneyline And Twins Runline +1 1/2

Proffit Plays

LAA
Det
Hou

Panhandle Sports

Milwaukee -155
Baltimore -118
Detroit =159

Computer Plays

Tampa Bay +123

Malinsky

3 Det -155
5 Mets -121

Tokens
More from BB:

ATS Consultants Financial <o:p></o:p>
3-Tampa Bay
3-Toronto

Tony Onio <o:p></o:p>

500♦Athletics
200♦Astros

Wunderdog Freebie

Game: Oakland at Tampa Bay (7:10 PM Eastern)

Pick: Oakland -127

Dan Haren has pitched six great games and over the last two years has fared well against Tampa Bay. He has thrown 29 innings yielding just 24 hits and 1 walk, with an ERA in the high 2's. Casey Fossum has never done well against Oakland. He is 1-2 with a 10.42 ERA, and he has given up six earned runs or more in five starts. His ERA is an enormous 8.68. His ERA over the last 2+ years has averaged over 5, and with no bullpen backing him up, and facing the hottest and most consistent pitcher in the AL this season, we get a lot of value on the A's.

Tokens
Anything on Tom Stryker? Apparently he's 17-0 in baseball this year so far

17~0? Hmmmm...

I do see Stryker's plays from time to time in Bookie Buster's thread. He was a part of the original group of services that I began tracking at the very beginning of the season. And to tell you the truth, he did not do very well at all.

I should be noted however, that sometimes it is hard to differentiate between the "free" or "comp" plays and the "paid" or "premium" plays that Bookie Buster is able to collect. Bookie does a great job informing us when it is a "free" or "paid" play, but sometimes it is still hard to always know for sure.

As far as Stryker being 17~0....I would be shocked if that was the case. The only way that would be possible is if he is 17~0 on some specific category of plays. In addition to services having different categories of plays, I honestly think they give out different groups of plays in different packages and therefore they have a of leeway when reporting their records (and of course they only tell you about the specific category of plays that has the best W~L record).

Keep an eye out, as you will indeed see some Stryker plays on these threads. But take a look at them to determine if they are "free" or "paid" plays.

BOL tonight Tha1

Tokens
My Plays:

OK ~ I took one in the shorts last night, going 1~4 on what was my first losing night in bases. Rather than being gun shy, I’m charging back out to the mound with a big card. Let’s get back what we lost yesterday!
My Plays for Friday 5~4~7:
Cubs OVER 7.5..……..…WINNER
OAK (5 Innings) –134
OAK –133
DET (5 Innings) –162
DET –160
CLE OVER 9.5 –115
MIL OVER 9 –120
Mets –123
SEA +1.5 –130
SEA OVER 10.5 –120
MIN +1.5 –160
Season Record…….…30~19*
*season record includes the Cubs OVER win from today

BOL to ALL tonight

Raising 4 girls!
Tokens
Thanks for your efforts again, SDS (and BB). Get well soon! I am on some of the picks the touts are on.

I feel like I have been lost without the daily consistency of having picks available for me, but I'm getting the hang of just doing some research & making my own picks lately... and the best thing is... it's for free. :)

Take care,

* CalvinTy

Tokens
More from BB:

ATS Lock Club <o:p></o:p>
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->4 O's -120
4 D-Backs +115
4 Over 10.5 Yanks/M's

Larry Ness' Weekly Wipeout Winner (5-0 this week in MLB!)

My Weekly Wipeout Winner is on the Cin Reds at 7:10 ET.
Matt Belisle, primarily a relief pitcher before this season, opened 2007 with two excellent starts, allowing just two ERs in 12 innings. He was then roughed up in his next two outings, allowing 16 hits and nine ERs in 10.1 innings. In his last outing, Belisle took a perfect game into the 6th, ending with his first career CG, an 8-1 win over Pittsburgh. He'll make just his 12th career start tonight against the Rockies but the matchups look good for him. The Reds have won five straight over Colorado and have won NINE straight at home (last losing back on 5/18/04). Colorado will counter with Jason Hirsh, who has done a nice job this year, never allowing more than six hits in any of his five starts (2-2, 3.41), with opponents batting just .231 against him. The big problem for the Rockies is that they are a poor road team. The previous three seasons they have gone 89-154 (.366) away from Coors and have opened 5-10 in 2007. Also, the team has not hit righties very well this year, averaging just barely over four runs per game. This sets up as an easy Cincy win. Weekly Wipeout Winner on the Cin Reds

Trev Rogers

Mets -120
Phillies vs. Giants Under 8.5
Orioles -119
Rockies +118

MTI Sports

4* LA Dodgers (Confirmed by BB)

All Star Sports. (Comp Play)

Angels

Strike Point Sports

2* Fla
3* Detroit

Sebastian <o:p></o:p>

10*- Philly under
10*- Cinn
10*- Balt
10*- Mil

Stan Sharp - Triple Dime Play

Milwaukee -150 #960 8:05pm EST

Russ Culver

Pirates +153
Astros +120
Mets -121
Mariners +170
Devil Rays +121

C-Stars Sports <o:p></o:p>

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->1000 Units Afternoon Delight Top Play Friday! Chicago Cubs Over Washington

100 Units Atlanta/San Diego Under 8.5 When ANY MLB Team played as a -140 to -160 Home Favorite - Playing on Friday - With 1 day off - Vs. Right handed pitchers - Coming off a 1 run win - Coming off a series win Atlanta 3-13 O/U in this spot.

50 Units Boston -110 Over Minnesota
50 Units NY Yankees -185 Over Seattle
25 Units Arizona +110 Over NY Mets

California Sports

5* Cleve over
3* Minn

Accu Picks

NL game of month
NY METS 5*

Sean Hess

MLB GOW
NY METS 4*

California Sports

5* Total Cle/Bal over

Raising 4 girls!
Tokens
Thanks for another pick for me to get on (as I see another pick by Ness)... I did consider CIN but laid back on it. Guess I'll throw something on that game starting in 20 minutes after all. Thanks again!

* CalvinTy

Tokens
Thanks for your efforts again, SDS (and BB). Get well soon! I am on some of the picks the touts are on.

I feel like I have been lost without the daily consistency of having picks available for me, but I'm getting the hang of just doing some research & making my own picks lately... and the best thing is... it's for free. :)

Take care,

* CalvinTy

Thanks for stopping in Calvin. Lots of chicken-noodle soups and some W's in bases tonight will hopefully have me feeling better.

I am a newbie to bases, so I know what you mean about trying to get the hang of capping bases. Hope you are finding a lot of success.

BOL tonight Calvin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byen17188
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com