20* Detroit Pistons
----------------------
15* AL Total of the Week
Det/Cle Over

Hondo
Detroit Tigers

Vegas Experts
Los Angeles Dodgers at Washington Nationals

Dodgers not only won the first two games here but Washington is yet to score. Dodgers are 11-4 this year vs. LHPs and 71-36 against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons. WASHINGTON is 0-9 against the money line in home games vs. a very good bullpen whose WHIP is 1.250 or better over the last 2 seasons.

Play on: Los Angeles

Mike Rose

Los Angeles Dodgers -1.5 (120)
Thu May 31 '07 7:05p
The Nats returned home feeling great about themselves after taking 5 of 7 from both the Reds and Cardinals on their 7-game road trip, and things looked to be on the up and up. That is until the Dodgers paid the nations capital a visit and gave the Nats a beating for the ages the last couple nights. The tally from the first two games of this series is quite simple....Dodgers 15 Nats zippo, zilch, nathan, nada!!! That's right, the dodgers pitching staff and defense haven't allowed the Nats one run thus far, and runs look to be few and far between again tonight with lefty Mark Hendrickson toeing the rubber. Washington is flat out putrid when it comes to hitting lefty pitching. They own a woeful batting average of .245 and an anemic slugging percentage of .348. Not the greatest of numbers at all, and I don't foresee them just blowing up against Hendrickson regardless of the fact that he hasn't been the sharpest his L/3 starts. I'm not a fan of relievers jumping up to the starters role, and Micah Bowie by no means will strike any fear into the hearts of the Dodger batters. His only two starts this season saw him up against a struggling Cards team at the time, and the soft hitting Orioles. This Dodger club is a completely different breed than what he's faced thus far, and I foresee an early exit this evening as the Dodgers role big here to cover the run line.

Florida Marlins (138)
Thu May 31 '07 8:05p
How can we not back the fighting fish in this spot. They enter this ballgame hot hot hot, and are coming off their first ever 3-game sweep at Wrigley Field as the "friendly confines" really lived up to its name for the South Florida natives the L/3 nights. Now they have to jump on a bus and head north to take on the slumping Brewers who are coming off one of their toughest losses of the season. They looked to have Wednesday's game against the Braves well in hand late in the game, but the bullpen imploded and turned a 2-1 Brewer lead into a 9-3 defeat after allowing eight runs in the last two innings of the contest. The Marlins are yet to win a road start for Wes Obermueller, but Miller Park could be considered his home away from home as he used to be a pitcher on the brewers pitching staff for a couple of years. He's familiar with the atmosphere and surroundings, and I believe he'll put forth his best road effort of the year because of that. Claudio Vargas has gotten off to a nice start this year, but I don't trust him whatsoever. He's way overdue to get blown up one of these days, and the Marlins are just the team to take it to him out of nowhere. He's been hit hard his last three starts, and this looks to be as good a time as any to fade him once again. After pulling to just one game under .500 last night, the Marlins will come out very eager looking to even up their record at 27 a piece. Look for them to barrage Vargas early, and continue to do so against the Brewers pen that simply imploded yesterday afternoon

Michael Cannon Goes 3-0 Wednesday, Has 40 Dimer on Spurs Tonight
Michael Cannon
Money Train

40 Dime
CAVALIERS

5 Dime
PADRES
METS

Thursday's Plays..

40 Dime –

CAVALIERS
Take the points with the Cavs tonight in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals against the Pistons.
One thing to keep in mind when looking at this line is Cleveland could have very well swept Detroit and been at home getting ready for the NBA Finals.
That’s how lucky the Pistons are to be playing this game tonight. They haven’t done anything in this series so far that would make me feel comfortable laying this number.
Cleveland, on the other hand, has answered the bell after falling behind 2-0 in the series and their confidence seems to be growing with each game. They have received an unexpected boost from rookie Daniel Gibson, who has played an increased role because of the injury to Larry Hughes.
What’s more, he’s gained the confidence of LeBron James which has given the Cavs superstar another option on the offensive end. I told you in my write up before Game 4 that the injury to Hughes may wind up being a blessing in disguise for the Cavs because Hughes was struggling from the floor.
Now James can pass off to an open Gibson with the confidence that the rookie will either bury the shot or wind up making the right play.
One thing I’ve noticed in this series is the growing frustration of the Pistons, especially Rasheed Wallace. The Pistons forward was called for a critical technical foul late in Game 4 and it’s a direct reflection on coach Flip Saunders’ inability to keep Wallace calm in the face of adversity. When Larry Brown was coach Wallace never lost his cool no matter what the circumstances were.
I just don’t believe Saunders has the full respect of his team and we’re seeing the results of that in this series. Poor shot selections by the usually reliable Chauncey Billups and a fatigued Tayshaun Prince are two other factors directly attributable to Saunders.
With all that being said, I still think the Pistons are going to come out on top tonight, but I don’t think they’re going to be able to cover the number.
The last six meetings between these two have been decided by a total of 25 points, with the Cavs covering the spread in all six. Cleveland is on a 12-3 ATS roll against Detroit going back to last year’s seven-game playoff series.
Including the playoffs, Detroit is just 17-28-3 ATS, including 0-3 ATS against the Cavs and 2-4-1 ATS in this postseason.
The Cavs are 13-6 ATS in their last 19 games, including five consecutive spread covers. They are also on ATS runs of 20-5 as an underdog, 18-3 as a road dog and 20-6-1 on the road overall.
Take the points with Cleveland as they keep this game close until the end and stay within the number.

5 Dime –

PADRES (With Maddux and Chacon as listed pitchers)
Take the Padres again tonight in PNC Park for the win over the Pirates.
This pitching matchup heavily favors the Padres, yet we’re not being asked to lay that much juice. Greg Maddux should be able to duplicate what Chris Young was able to do last night against an inept Bucco offense.
Shawn Chacon will get the nod for the Pirates and he’s still trying to build up his pitch count as he makes just his second start of the season after pitching out of the bullpen to start the year. He was only able to go 3 2-3 innings in his first start on Saturday, walking five.
If his command is off again tonight the Buccos don’t stand a chance.
Maddux won’t have to do anything special to keep the Pirates in check tonight, so lay the juice and take San Diego for the road win.

METS (With Hernandez as listed pitcher)
Lay the juice with the Mets tonight at home over the Giants.
Orlando Hernandez gets the start for New York tonight and he’s been on fire recently. El Duque is 1-0 with a microscopic 0.45 ERA over his last three starts.
His mound opponent, Matt Cain, is just 2-4 on the year despite posting a fine 3.23 ERA. Cain has been the victim of poor run support and he probably won’t receive much help from his offense tonight against Hernandez.
The lack of run support has started to wear on Cain recently, as evidenced by his 1-3 record and 5.28 ERA over his last five starts. His WHIP is also an unacceptable 1.69 over that span.
Lay the juice with the Mets as they grab the home win behind Hernandez.

Bonus Play: INDIANS

Marc Lawrence
Texas Rangers vs Seattle Mariners

Seattle w/Baek over Texas w/Padilla Mariners Cha Seung Baek has very quietly won 11 of his last 14 team starts and is in solid current KW form (2 walks, 20 strikeouts last four starts). Meanwhile, Texas' Vicente Padilla is just 2-9 in his 11 team starts this season. Look for the Rangers to dip to 1-6 on Thursdays, their worst day of the week, here tonight.

Dave Cokin
Take "(907) FLA Marlins"

I won't waste much space trying to extol the virtues of Florida right Wes Obermueller. Fact is, he's a fringe big league pitcher and that's it. But this is Obermueller's first shot to face his former employers as he takes the mound for the Marlins at Milwaukee. More importantly, the Florida bats are hot, Brewers starter Claudio Vargas has cooled considerably and there's a good sized underdog price tag here that's worth grabbing, so I'll go with the Marlins at the price."

Jim Feist
Take "(903) SDG Padres"

You need good control when pitching in a hitter's park like Pittsburgh. Greg Maddux has it (and always has) with 8 walks in 60 innings this season. His opponent, retread starter Shawn Chacon, has walked 20 in 37 innings, a terrible ratio. San Diego is tops in baseball with the best bullpen ERA, while Pittsburgh is 20th. Excellent value with the visitors, who have the better team, bullpen and starter. Play the Padres!

comp play

MTI Sports
Game: Chicago White Sox at Toronto Blue Jays May 31 2007 7:05PM
Prediction: Toronto Blue Jays
Reason: The Blue Jays are 20-3 as a home favorite after allowing 6+ runs loss and the league as a whole 46-102 as a dog when they blew a lead and lost in each of their last three games. The Sox qualify for this play-against system. Take the Jays

Alex Smart

Game: San Diego Padres at Pittsburgh Pirates
May 31 2007 7:05PM

Prediction: San Diego Padres

Reason: The San Diego Padres will send 21 year major league veteran Greg Maddux( 337-206 3.08 ERA lifetime) to the hill to face the Pittsburgh Pirates this evening. Maddux is off a good outing, winning against Milwaukee last time out. The right hander has allowed 3 or less ERs in 6 of his L/8 starts, and if and when the old guy falters, he will be backed with what is in my opinion the best bull pen in baseball as is evident by a .233 ERA. His pitching opponent from the Bucks Shawn Chacon, remains one of baseballs most hittable throwers, having allowed 767 career hits in just 777 innings of work for a bloated 5.03 ERA. Bottom line: I know the Pirates have been playing some fairly good baseball of late winning, 4 of their L/6 overall, but I see them beginning to revert to their previous sub .500 form after being shut out in 2 of their L/3 games. With that said lets ride the momentum of a Padres team that has won 11 of their L/15 overall.

Play on San Diego

MIKE WYNN

Seattle w/Baek -150 Over Padilla

Jimmy The Moose

Game: San Francisco Giants at New York Mets
May 31 2007 7:10PM

Prediction: New York Mets

Reason: Cain 2-4 takes the mound for the Giants tonight. San Francisco is 2-8 in his 10 starts this season. Giants won last night and are now 1-4 in their last 5 games. Mets counter with Hernandez tonight. The Mets are 4-2 in games he's started. Over his last 3 starts Hernandez is 1-0 with an ERA of 0.45 and NY has won all 3 games. The Giants are 4-9 in their last 13 vists to Shea.

Play on the Mets

Marc Lawrence

Game: Texas Rangers at Seattle Mariners
May 31 2007 10:05PM

Prediction: Seattle Mariners

Reason: Seattle w/Baek over Texas w/Padilla:
Mariners Cha Seung Baek has very quietly won 11 of his last 14 team starts and is in solid current KW form (2 walks, 20 strikeouts last four starts). Meanwhile, Texas' Vicente Padilla is just 2-9 in his 11 team starts this season. Look for the Rangers to dip to 1-6 on Thursdays, their worst day of the week, here tonight.

Bryan Leonard

Tigers at Indians

Detroit played at Tampa Bay and now heads to Cleveland. Starter Justin Verlander has never liked playing this Indians lineup, with a 4.85 career ERA against them. Verlander plays at home in a great pitcher's park, but Jacobs Field is anything but. And the Cleveland offense is one of the best in baseball. Starter C.C. Sabathia is an ace and having a monster season, at 7-1 with a 3.54 ERA. Big C.C. has a sizzling 73-13 K/BB ratio. The Tribe fans will be pumped with another first place battle on the line. Detroit's banged up bullpen is second worst in the AL (only Tampa Bay is worse).

PLAY THE INDIANS

JIM FIEST

(903) SDG Padres
(904) PIT Pirates

Take "(903) SDG Padres"

You need good control when pitching in a hitter's park like Pittsburgh. Greg Maddux has it (and always has) with 8 walks in 60 innings this season. His opponent, retread starter Shawn Chacon, has walked 20 in 37 innings, a terrible ratio. San Diego is tops in baseball with the best bullpen ERA, while Pittsburgh is 20th. Excellent value with the visitors, who have the better team, bullpen and starter. Play the Padres

RAZOR SHARP

LA DODGERS/WASHINGTON OVER total of 9

VEGAS EXPERTS

Los Angeles Dodgers at Washington Nationals
Thursday, May 31st, 7:10 PM EDT

Dodgers not only won the first two games here but Washington is yet to score. Dodgers are 11-4 this year vs. LHPs and 71-36 against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons. WASHINGTON is 0-9 against the money line in home games vs. a very good bullpen whose WHIP is 1.250 or better over the last 2 seasons.

Play on: Los Angeles

Totals 4 U

Texas/seattle Over 9

Paul Leiner
Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sport: MLB
Game: San Francisco/New York
Prediction: 5* Mets -140

BIG AL MCMORDIE

Baltimore Orioles (Burres) +190 over Anaheim Angels (Escobar

MATT RIVERS

For Thursday take the White Sox in Toronto.

Roy Halladay is obviously one of, if not thee, best pitchers in all of baseball but coming off of the DL like this I'll take my chances on the White Sox. Chicago has certainly not overachieved this season unlike a few years ago when they won the World Series but this team still has a huge upside and a potential to score a bunch of runs at the drop of a hat. Thome, Konerko, Dye and the Sox should hold their own today against the Toronto righthander in this spot.
Meanwhile Toronto is a club that is also talented but playing below themselves. They do boast righthanded pop which can cause problems for Mark Buehrle but the southpaw is still a quality hurler that has a Cy Young award to himself as well.
Halladay would not shock me to spin a gem in this first start back because he is a bona fide superstar but he also may be on a pitch count and or not be too sharp as he has not faced big league hitters in a few months now.
There is just nothing to lose here on Ozzie Guillen's Sox. They have the ability to beat anybody at anytime and especially a guy that is still possibly a little banged up.

TRACE ADAMS
Cincinnati-Houston OVER

SCOTT DELANEY
3? ANGELS RUN LINE

Big Al play for hoops tonight 3* Pistons

Larry Ness

Las Vegas Insider-MLB (ov 62% previous two years / 3-1 since Mid-May!)

My Las Vegas Insider is on the Sea Mariners at 10:05 ET. May has not been a very good month for the Rangers. In fact, one more loss will make it the worst May in their history. The Rangers open a four-game series tonight against the Mariners at Safeco. After losing 15 of 25 games in April, the Rangers have matched the 1990 and 2001 teams for the worst May in club history by going 9-19. Overall, they are 19-34 (2nd-worst record in MLB) and a ML-worst 8-19 on the road! Vicente Padilla (2-7, 5.77 ERA) will try to get Texas into the win column, something he hasn't done often this season. Padilla is 0-4 with a 7.59 ERA in four road starts and the Rangers have lost nine of his 11 starts in '07. Padilla also has never fared well against the Mariners. That trend continued on April 14 when he gave up six runs and six hits in six innings of an 8-3 loss at Safeco Field. Padilla is 1-4 with a 5.79 ERA in seven career games against Seattle. The Mariners return home after a 6-4 road trip. While Texas is averaging 3.4 runs in eight games since scoring 14 in back-to-back contests May 20-21, Seattle owns the 2nd-best team batting average in MLB (.279) and averaged 8.14 RPG over the final seven games of its trip. Cha Seung Baek is on the mound for Seattle. He gave up one unearned run and five hits over seven innings last Saturday in a 9-1 victory at Kansas City, throwing 74 of his 98 pitches for strikes. Since struggling to a 4.65 ERA in his first three starts, Baek has allowed 10 total runs over 28.2 innings in his past four outings, for a 3.14 ERA. Baek is 3-0 with a 2.08 ERA in four career starts versus the Rangers.

Las Vegas Insider
Seattle Mariners

Larry Ness

20* Eastern Conference Finals GOY (Game 5: Cavs/Pistons)

My 20* play is on the Det Pistons at 8:15 ET. The Pistons missed their chance of making this a quick series, by losing BOTH games in Cleveland. Detroit had chances in both games but now find themselves in a 'war,' tied at 2-all (like last year). In last year's semis, the Cavs won in Detroit in Game 5 but the Pistons rebounded to take Games 6 and 7. I expect the Pistons to "take no prisoners" in this game. Detroit has yet to play a good game, as the Cavs have 'covered' all four games of this series. Detroit's great backcourt has yet to rise to the challenge, but I'm 'betting' they do tonight. Billups is averaging a 'quiet' 15.5 PPG in the series and made just 10-of-30 FG attempts in the two games in Cleveland. Hamilton, a career 20.5 PPG scorer in the postseason, has averaged just 13.0 PPG (16-of-43 shooting) the last three games, after a 24-point effort in Game 1. As for the Cavs, LeBron came up big in Cleveland, averaging 28.5-8.0-10.0, after averaging just 14.5 PPG on 12-of-34 shooting for the two games in Detroit. Remember, the Cavs scored exactly 76 points in EACH of the first two games, shooting 38.5% from the floor, including just 7-of-29 (24.1%) from the three-point arc. Also, don't expect another 21-point game from Daniel Gibson. The rookie from Texas entered Game 4 averaging 4.5 PPG in his first 13 playoff games but scored 21 points in Game 4, while making 12-of-12 free throws. Note he had attempted just NINE free throws in the first 13 games of this year's postseason. This game will be ALL Detroit!

Eastern Finals GOY
20* Detroit Pistons

Larry Ness

15* AL Total of the Week (7-1 with MLB totals in '07 / 44-11 with 15* GOW plays!)

My 15* play is on Det/Cle Over at 7:05 ET. I played this same matchup 'over' last Saturday and it just snuck over the 8 1/2 with a 6-3 final. The total figures to be just about the same in this one and I'll go over once again. While we have two excellent pitchers in this game, Verlander (5-1, 2.71 ERA in 10 starts) for the Tigers and Sabathia (7-1, 3.54 ERA in 11 starts) for the Indians, too many factors point to a higher scoring game than the 'number' indicates. The Tigers were last year's best road team, going 49-32 (plus-$1,700) and are once again playing well away from Comerica, at 15-11. Even more importantly, they average 5.27 RPG on the road. The Indians have been MLB's best road team in 2007, going 17-4, while averaging 6.03 RPG. Delving deeper, the Tigers, after going 35-20 against left-handed starters last year (averaging just under five RPG), are 9-3 (plus-$610) when facing a lefty this year, averaging 5.92 RPG. Meanwhile, the Indians are 'killing' right-handed starters in 2007, going 24-12 (plus-$1,065), while averaging 6.03 RPG.

AL Total of the Week
Detroit/Cleveland Over

Cincinnati Reds -125 (action)

We have to go against the Astros here today. Houston has now lost 10 straight games and 12 of its last 13. No team in baseball is struggling more. Houston can thank its bats for this terrible losing streak. It doesn't matter who they send to the mound, the offense won't support them. The Reds have won 3 in a row and 2 straight over Houston. They'll out hit the Astros again today. Take the Reds.

Mike Rose

Los Angeles Dodgers -1.5 (120)
Thu May 31 '07 7:05p
The Nats returned home feeling great about themselves after taking 5 of 7 from both the Reds and Cardinals on their 7-game road trip, and things looked to be on the up and up. That is until the Dodgers paid the nations capital a visit and gave the Nats a beating for the ages the last couple nights. The tally from the first two games of this series is quite simple....Dodgers 15 Nats zippo, zilch, nathan, nada!!! That's right, the dodgers pitching staff and defense haven't allowed the Nats one run thus far, and runs look to be few and far between again tonight with lefty Mark Hendrickson toeing the rubber. Washington is flat out putrid when it comes to hitting lefty pitching. They own a woeful batting average of .245 and an anemic slugging percentage of .348. Not the greatest of numbers at all, and I don't foresee them just blowing up against Hendrickson regardless of the fact that he hasn't been the sharpest his L/3 starts. I'm not a fan of relievers jumping up to the starters role, and Micah Bowie by no means will strike any fear into the hearts of the Dodger batters. His only two starts this season saw him up against a struggling Cards team at the time, and the soft hitting Orioles. This Dodger club is a completely different breed than what he's faced thus far, and I foresee an early exit this evening as the Dodgers role big here to cover the run line.

Florida Marlins (138)
Thu May 31 '07 8:05p
How can we not back the fighting fish in this spot. They enter this ballgame hot hot hot, and are coming off their first ever 3-game sweep at Wrigley Field as the "friendly confines" really lived up to its name for the South Florida natives the L/3 nights. Now they have to jump on a bus and head north to take on the slumping Brewers who are coming off one of their toughest losses of the season. They looked to have Wednesday's game against the Braves well in hand late in the game, but the bullpen imploded and turned a 2-1 Brewer lead into a 9-3 defeat after allowing eight runs in the last two innings of the contest. The Marlins are yet to win a road start for Wes Obermueller, but Miller Park could be considered his home away from home as he used to be a pitcher on the brewers pitching staff for a couple of years. He's familiar with the atmosphere and surroundings, and I believe he'll put forth his best road effort of the year because of that. Claudio Vargas has gotten off to a nice start this year, but I don't trust him whatsoever. He's way overdue to get blown up one of these days, and the Marlins are just the team to take it to him out of nowhere. He's been hit hard his last three starts, and this looks to be as good a time as any to fade him once again. After pulling to just one game under .500 last night, the Marlins will come out very eager looking to even up their

MATT F@RGO

MLB Los Angeles vs. Washington

Take Los Angeles Dodgers

Washington seems to be falling into a similar spot that the Royals are in. After a great run, it looks as though it’s over and a big downfall could be here as we speak. The Nationals were shut out for the second consecutive day by the Dodgers as the offense, which was hitting good, is now struggling. Los Angeles has won three straight and six of its last seven games to push its record to three games over .500 on the road. The Dodgers have won five straight in this series and get the sweep on Thursday. Mark Hendrickson looked to have revived his career this season with a very strong start but his last three outings have been anything but spectacular. After allowing three runs or less in his first four outings, he has given up four or more in his last three but he can come out of that funk by facing an offense that is down. Washington is hitting only .208 against left-handed pitching over its last 10 games and is hitting just .233 on the season at home against southpaws. Washington counters with Micah Bowie who has looked decent in both of his starts but he has not been able to log a lot of innings since they were his first big league starts since 1999 when he was with the Cubs. He brings in a career 6.27 ERA and 1.70 WHIP so we see what we are dealing with here. The Dodgers are hitting .275 against lefties on the season and also over their last 10 games. They are 11-4 against left-handed starters including a 4-1 record on the road. The Nationals are hitting only .237 on the year which is worst in the National League while their 191 runs scored are second worst. These struggles of the offense, especially of late, put the Dodgers into a solid situation. Play against National League home teams with a team batting average of .245 or worse on the season, with an on base percentage of .260 or worse over their last three games. This situation is 35-20 against the moneyline (63.6 percent) over the last five seasons.

Play Los Angeles Dodgers 1 Unit

GOLD KEY GAMES:
3 Units (Bonus Play): Pittsburgh Pirates +1.5 -145
2 Units (Bonus Play): Cleveland Cavaliers +6
Silver Key (Bonus Play): LA Angels -185
Gold Key (Paid Play): UNDER 172.5 Pistons / Cavs
The Cavaliers under Head Coach Mike Brown came through late to win Game Three at Home, and then again to take Game Four at Home. Their Offense has been sporadic all Series, but their Defense has played well throughout. The Cavs will need to win one on the Road if they are to take the Eastern Conference Finals. Trends favoring the Under involving Cavs games include 19-4 Under Against The Spread in this Series, 41-17 Under ATS in Division Play, and 78-46 Under ATS versus winning teams.
The Pistons under Head Coach Flip Saunders failed late in Game Three, and then again in Game Four. They need only to protect their Home Court to prevail in this Series. The Pistons have been lame on Offense lately, but they continue to play strong Defense. Trends favoring the Under in Pistons events include 17-6 Under ATS when tied in a Playoff Series, 20-7 Under ATS in the Conference Finals, and 91-61 Under ATS versus winning teams.
The Totals line overnited at 172.5. We'll go with the Under here tonight in a Gold Key Play.

Dave M@linsky (Bonus Play) (he's on the Tribe along with everyone else)

REASON FOR PICK: 3* CLEVELAND over DETROIT

After reaching a peak in the marketplace this morning we are now seeing this line settle back down again, and that means time to hit the "play" button. For while it is easy to imagine money showing up for Detroit in a payback setting after being swept by the Indians last weekend, especially with Justin Verlander on the mound, the truth is that Jim Leyland’s hands are tied in a major way for this one. His team is simply over-matched.

Being over-matched by the Tribe would be nothing new, of course – they were out-scored by eight runs in that humbling 0-3 collar at Comerica Park last weekend. But now things only go from bad to worse. With both members of the starting left side of the infield expected to sit out, Brandon Inge because of a broken toe and Carlos Guillen with a strained left groin, Leyland is down to Omar Infante and Neifi Perez, which is particularly bad news against C. C. Sabathia. Those two have combined to go 6-33 lifetime against him, with nine strikeouts, and Perez in particular is not hitting much of anyone right now. But the problems are not limited to the lineup.

What has been one of the best bullpens in the Major’s the last two seasons is wafer thin tonight. Joel Zumaya and Fernando Rodney are on the DL; Jason Grilli has been sidelined since taking a line drive on the knee against Cleveland last Saturday and is questionable at best; and key set-up men Zach Miner (45 pitches last night) and Wilfredo Ledezma (42 pitches on Wednesday) are both in need of a night off. Not having Ledezma is a particular issue against all of the left-handers in the Indian lineup. And as for Verlander, as electric as his stuff can be this is a quick second look for a team that just faced him on Saturday, working him to 105 pitches over six innings. After facing Curt Schilling, Josh Beckett and Daisuke Matsuzaka the last three nights, dealing with his stuff has been made much easier.

Cleveland is 10-1 when Sabathia takes the mound this season, with the wins coming by an average of 3.4 runs, and it has been a perfect 6-0 at home. Behind their ace lefty the Indians do not have a single bad fatigue rating in the bullpen. It all adds up to an easy win at a price that does not properly incorporate the Detroit issues for this game

Thursday's Comps

Sebastian-Mets
Marc Young-UNDER Baltimore
Computer Boys-Colorado
OTM-Texas
Winner Line-Seattle
Kevin Kennedy-Anaheim
Feiner-OVER Reds

All these Touts have clev(nba) as there top play,
bobby maxwell 400 unit
b.lang 15 dime
chris jordan 500 unit
karl garrett 40 dime
drew gordon 200,000

rob house
has 1,000,000 trifecta with det (nba),
san fran,
cincy

Drew Gordon

200,000* Cavaliers
100,000* NY Mets
100,000* Astros

Brandon Lang

15 DIME
Cleveland Cavs

5 DIME
Orioles
White Sox

Rob House

1,000,000? San Francisco Giants W/ Cain

1,000,000? Cincinnati Reds W/ Arroyo

1,000,000? Detroit Pistons

Cal Sports=
5*AL GOM INDIANS

WILL COVER
4*DODGERS
3*Cavs Over

Rocketman

FREE MLB PLAY THURSDAY (111-77 59% run with freebies)

Baltimore @ LA Angels 10:05 PM EST

Play On: 1* LA Angels -1 1/2 -105

Baltimore is 15-35 last 3 years when the total is 8 to 8 1/2. Baltimore is 5-14 last 3 years after shutting out their opponent. Baltimore is 68-127 last 3 years when playing against a team with a winning record. Baltimore is scoring only 4.5 rpg overall, 4.3 rpg on the road and 4.1 rpg against Right Handed Starters this year. Baltimore bullpen has a whopping 5.53 ERA on the road this year. Angels are batting .304 at home this year as a team. Angels bullpen has a 3.55 ERA at home this year. Escobar is 6-2 with a 2.64 ERA overall this year, 4-1 with a 1.76 ERA at home and 2-1 with a 3.64 ERA his last 3 starts. LA Angels are 7-2 at home against Baltimore last 3 years. Escobar is 11-3 with a 3.63 ERA overall vs Baltimore since 1997. We'll recommend a small play on the LA Angels on the runline tonight! Thanks and good luck, Rocky

FPBE Free Picks

Marc Lawrence - SEA -147
Matty O'Shea - STL/COL over 9.5
Ben Burns - NYM -136
Larry Ness - NYM -136
Bryan Leonard - CLV -145 (MLB)
Rocky Atkinson - LAA -1.5, -105
Jeff Bonds - CLV +5.5 (NBA)

SCOTT SPREITZER

4* San Diego

TRIPLE CROWN SPORTS
3* Baltimore/LAA under 8.5

Bobby Maxwell

400-Unit NBA Playoff Pushover - CAVALIERS

100-Unit AL Rivalry Release - TIGERS

Karl Garrett

40 DIMER - CLEVELAND CAVALIERS....
20 DIMER - CAVS-PISTONS OVER....
10 DIMER - SAN DIEGO W

Bob Balfe
YTD = 64-54

NBA
Detroit - 5.5

MLB
Totonto -150
---------------------------------
Proffit Plays
Triple Plays = 94-87

MLB
LA Dodgers
Seattle
LAA

Daily Best Bets
YTD = 28-31

NBA
Cleveland +5.5
----------------------------------
Professional Plays
YTD = 31-13
Plays rated 1-5 Units

MLB
2 units on LA Dodgers -138
1.5 Unit on Cleveland -145
----------------------------------------

Hank Best-

10.5* Cleveland Indians RL

Tokens
Here are the links to the most recently updated Service Play Spreadsheet and Service Fade Spreadsheet:

Last edited:
Tokens
BIG AL'S PAID PLAY

At 8:15 pm, our selection is on the Detroit Pistons minus the points over Cleveland, as we will take the Pistons, who have now failed to cover 5 straight games. But .757 (or worse) teams off 4 or more ATS losses are a super 26-3 ATS since 1990 vs. foes with a win percentage from .500 to .675, including 14-1 ATS at home and a perfect 8-0 ATS at home off back to back losses. Take Detroit in Game 5. Good luck, as always...Al McMordie.

Tokens
THE VEGAS BEARD

2**
Tigers
Astros
Toro over 8 1/2

JB

very slight lean(1* on northcoast hotline) on under 172 pistons/cavs

The Gold Sheet Late Nba Phone Pick <HR style="COLOR: #a8a8a8" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->1 UNIT CLEVELAND CAV'S +5.5 VS DETROIT PISTONS

cappersaccess
(Thur) NBA Pistons Cavs 5- Cavs
(Thur) MLB Indians Tigers 130 Indians

Lenny Stevens
10 Cavs

Barry Holthouse <HR style="COLOR: #a8a8a8" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Pistons

trev rogers-
marlins over

Culver baseball Thursday (5/31/07) <HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Nationals +130
Pirates +126
Giants +125
Marlins +152
Reds -116
Orioles +200

John Kelly <HR style="COLOR: #a8a8a8" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Tor/Chi under 8-1/2

California Sports

5* Cleveland Indians w Sabathia

Dr.B

Thursday NBA Analysis
Cleveland (+5 ½) at DETROIT

Cleveland has covered the pointspread in all 4 games of this series and the Cavaliers are now 24-10 ATS this season in road games with rest (17-4 ATS recently), including 14-2 ATS as a dog of 3 points or more. Detroit, meanwhile, is only 10-22-3 ATS this season hosting a rested team, including 4-16-1 ATS if favored by 5 points or more. Detroit, however, does apply to a solid 49-25-3 ATS playoff bounce-back situation. My ratings favor Detroit by 5 points after factoring in that they're the team coming off a loss. With the team trends favoring Cleveland and the general trend favoring Detroit, this game is too tough to pick.

I have no opinion at the current line, but I'd lean with Cleveland if the line goes up to +6 points or more.

<!-- / message -->

<!-- / message -->

Tokens
Bookie Buster NBA Projections 5/31

Playoffs Record:

Sides: 31-35

Totals: 35-33

ML: 44-27

Cleveland 85 at Detroit 88

Tokens
My Plays for Thur. 5~31~7:

CLE OVER 8.5 -115
TOR -145
SD -138
PIT +1.5 -140
LAA (5-Innings) -205
LAA -220
Mets -136
STL +1.5 -140
TEX OVER 9 -115

Season Record: 114~74~3

(Note: I am trying to "middle" the SD/PIT game)

Tokens
Ethan Law Confirmed
MLB Total

916 CLE / 915 DET Over 8.5
Analysis: DET: RHP Justin Verlander (5-1, 2.71 ERA) vs. CLE: LHP C.C. Sabathia (7-1, 3.54 ERA) The Tigers limped out of Detroit last weekend after they were swept by the Indians. A tough series-opening loss to Tampa Bay handed Detroit its fourth straight defeat, but it also proved to be the catalyst, for the next night the Tigers reeled out 22 hits en route to a commanding victory. And now, after just missing victory during the rubber match game on Wednesday, they're headed to Cleveland, back to face all that ailed them just one week ago. Indeed, these teams will face each other a whopping seven times in just 10 days a familiarity that borders on the ridiculous for both offenses. Last week, both these pitchers went head to head in a game won by Cleveland 6-3 sailing OVER the posted 8.5 total in a venue that traditionally favors the pitchers. Tonight, Verlander and Sabathia again go head-to-head just five days after all the hitters saw their stuff for the first time this season. Detroit and Cleveland rank #5 and #6 in the Majors in Home Runs and On-Base percentage, Slugging Percentage., and #1 and #7 in Majors in Team Batting Average. The Tigers' .301 Team BA against left-handed pitching is #2 in the Majors and Cleveland's .279 Team batting average against right-handed pitching is #3 in MLB. Want more? Cleveland is averaging 7.2 runs per game in home night contests against left-handed pitching, while, Detroit is as impressive against left-handers in away night setting averaging 6.5 runs per game. Thats 13.7 runs per game in the dark. You guys know what to do. Verdict: Detroit 6, Cleveland 5 PLAY 1* UNIT ON INDIANS/TIGERS OVER 8.5

John Ryan

Game: San Francisco Giants at New York Mets
May 31 2007 7:10PM

Prediction: San Francisco Giants

Reason: Ai Simulator 3* graded play on San Franicso ? We had SF yesterday in an upset role and they cashed for us quite nicely. Stands to reason the AiS would grade them again in this series finale. SF not hitting all that well, but their bullpen has been quite strong. The bullpen has posted a 3.15 ERA over their past 7 games. As I mentioned yesterday, the Mets bats have been quiet and they are hitting just 247 and scoring 4.0 RPG over the past 7 games. Supporting this graded play is a system that has gone 71-51 since 1997. Play on all underdogs with a money line of +125 to +175 starting a pitcher who walked 4+ hitters each of his last 2 outings, after a game where the bullpen gave up no runs. SF starter Cain has pitched very well this year with a 3.23 ERA and a 2.84 ERA over his last 3 starts. He has issued 4 free passes in each of his last two starts, but I am not worried at all about his control given the aforementioned system. SAN FRANCISCO is 15-9 (+9.1 Units) against the money line vs. a good bullpen whose WHIP is 1.350 or better this season. SAN FRANCISCO is 7-0 (+8.3 Units) against the money line after batting .225 or worse over a 5 game span this season

Larry Ness | MLB Money Line
free pick906 NYM (-135) vs 905 SFG
Analysis: The Mets had their four-game winning streak end with a 3-0 loss to San Francisco last night. New York, tied with Atlanta for third in the NL with 255 runs this year, was shut out for the first time since losing 12-0 to the Braves on Sept 26 of last season. Hernandez (2-1, 2.13 ERA) has been one of New York's steadiest pitchers, leading the starting staff in ERA but he has received little run support lately. The Mets haven't scored a run for Hernandez in his last two starts, including his return from the disabled list Friday night. The veteran right-hander, who missed nearly a month with right shoulder bursitis, allowed two hits in six shutout innings but didn't factor in the Mets' 6-2 win over Florida. New York has scored two runs or less in four of Hernandez's six starts in 2007. He has allowed just one earned run in his past 20 innings, while striking out 19. The Giants will give the ball to Matt Cain (2-4, 3.23 ERA), who knows a little something about lack of support as well. Despite a 3.23 ERA in 2007, San Francisco is just 2-8 this season when Cain starts. I'm sticking with El Duque and the Mets.

Carlo Campanella

Game: Texas Rangers at Seattle Mariners May 31 2007 10:05PM

Prediction: Seattle Mariners

Reason: Seattle sends CHA SEUNG BAEK to the mound in Kansas City on Saturday. We told you that he'd turn things around against Kansas City in his last start- which he did- during a 9-1 victory! Before that, Seattle had lost his last two trips to the mound, but those losses came against very tough Cleveland and LA Angels squads. Expect him to keep that winning form as he faces a Texas squad that he's dominated lately. In fact, he's watched his team win 3 STRAIGHT games in which he started against the Rangers, while holding them to a combined 6 Earned Runs in 18 Innings Pitched.

7* Play On Seattle

Frank Rosenthal

NBA
512 PISTONS-5.5 SB
OVER 171 SB+

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL
901 DODGERS-140 SB
UNDER 9 SB
907 FISH UNDER 9 SB
912 ROCKIES-160 SB
918 SEATTLE-155 SB+

WILD BILL

Over 9 Dodgers-Nats (1 unit)
Padres -125 (1 unit)
Mets -135 (5 units)
Over 9 Florida-Milwaukee (1 unit)
Milwaukee -155 (1 unit)
Under 9 Indians-Tigers (1 unit)
Tigers +145 (3 units)
White Sox +145 (1 unit)
Rangers +140 (1 unit)
Baltimore +185 (1 unit)

LENNY DEL GENIO

MLB Texas vs. Seattle

Take Seattle Mariners

Play on the Mariners at 10:05 ET. The Rangers own MLB's second-worst overall record (19-34) and its worst road mark (8-19). It's hard to see things getting any better with Vicente Padilla on the mound tonight in Seattle, as the Rangers open a four-game series with the Mariners. Padilla is 2-7 with a 5.77 ERA in 2007, as the Rangers have lost NINE of his 11 starts this season. He's 1-4 with a 5.79 ERA in seven career games against Seattle and Texas limps into this series having averaged only 3.4 runs in their last eight games, losing seven times. On the other hand, Seattle owns the 2nd-best team batting average in MLB (.279) and averaged 8.14 rpg over the final seven games of a road trip in which it went a respectable 6-4. Cha Seung Baek gets the start for Seattle and he's allowed only 10 earned runs over 28 2/3 innings in his past four outings (3.14 ERA). Take the Mariners.

<!-- / message -->
<!-- / message -->
<!-- / message -->

<!-- / message -->

Tokens
charlie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nba. cleveland @ detroit over 172 (500*)

nba. cleveland+5' (30*)

mlb. la dodgers-135 (20*)

mlb. houston+115 (20*)

mlb. texas+130 (10*)

mlb. detroit+120 (10*) Bonus Play

Tokens
kodiak:

-2.35 units ytd for baseball
det +125

-1372.45 units for baskets this year, -447 units last year (max 10u plays).
125 DETROIT -3 1st 1/2
125 DETROIT -5.5
125 DETROIT over 172

Tokens
RAYMOND

thur

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dodgers
seattle

parlay card

May 31 5:47pm 8 Team Parlay - Pending 50.00 to win 3958.72

1. Baseball - Los Angeles Dodgers - moneyline (-147)
for the entire game held on May 31 at 6:05pm [pending]
M Hendrickson -L must start and M Bowie -L must start for action

2. Baseball - San Diego Padres - moneyline (-140)
G Maddux -R must start and S Chacon -R must start for action

3. Baseball - Cincinnati Reds/Houston Astros - total Over 8½ (-125)
for the entire game held on May 31 at 7:05pm [pending]
B Arroyo -R must start and W Williams -R must start for action

4. Baseball - Toronto Blue Jays - moneyline (-142)
M Buehrle -L must start and R Halladay -R must start for action

5. Baseball - Cleveland Indians - moneyline (-147)
J Verlander -R must start and C Sabathia -L must start for action

6. Baseball - Detroit Tigers/Cleveland Indians - total Over 8½ (-125)
J Verlander -R must start and C Sabathia -L must start for action

7. Baseball - Seattle Mariners - moneyline (-175)
for the entire game held on May 31 at 9:05pm [pending]
V Padilla -R must start and C Baek -R must start for action

8. Basketball - Detroit Pistons - spread -5½ (-110)
for the entire game held on May 31 at 7:00pm [pending]

Tokens
Ats Lock Club

4 Pistons
3 Indians
3 Dodgers

Tokens
Results so far for Thur. 5~31~7:

CLE OV 8.5.....WINNER
TOR..............WINNER
SD................WINNER
PIT +1.5.........LOSER
Mets.............WINNER
STL +1.5........WINNER
TEX OV9........WINNER
LAA (5-Inn)....pending
LAA...............pending

I will update season record after the completion of the LAA game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billcunninghamhomeloans
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com