Forum: Classic Threads From The Past - Visit here for a great "blast from the past" and view some terrific, informative and interesting "Classic Threads" posted by thousands of savvy sportsbettors over the years here at The Rx.com.....

Thread: "Special Live" Selections! .. Sun .. 6-10-07

Quote Originally Posted by TheRightSide View Post
    he is down over 20g's from 5-7-07

please take some time off and figure out a better way of playing the ponies.

No this does not please me to see somebody lose like this. If this is real money I am clueless how you can come back from this.

TheRightSide,

Recouping the cash can be done, but it would take money-management run to perfection and to only be on a couple (three max) tracks in which you (the person) knows inside & out, front to back and side to side. Not saying it's an easy road (it's not) but if one chips a little away daily, it could happen. Again, I appreciate you not ripping a new one during the last few evening selections.

Quote Originally Posted by PacMan_2006 View Post

TheRightSide,

Recouping the cash can be done, but it would take money-management run to perfection and to only be on a couple (three max) tracks in which you (the person) knows inside & out, front to back and side to side. Not saying it's an easy road (it's not) but if one chips a little away daily, it could happen. Again, I appreciate you not ripping a new one during the last few evening selections.

Have you seen anything from US to think that he can manage his money. Maybe some people but I just don't see it from him. He chased with 500-600 exactas. That is not what I would call money management.

Many people that stayed out of his threads came in here today to say how foolish this was yet no not US he is special he can do it. Well we all saw how he "did" it.

please take some time off and figure out a better way of playing the ponies.

No this does not please me to see somebody lose like this.
    agree, and it might help to lose the attitude and bravado shown at the beginning of this thread. There is always something new you can learn in horse racing, if you think you know it all, you will lose it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Selector! View Post
    I know this may come as a shock to most, However I am going to show my versitility and show how to make good money moves whenever you need it.
    I have posted how much I am wagering per play only because It would not make any sense or make much profits wagering small amounts. This is a short priced but high consistancy play. This is why you need to wager a larger amount to make it a rewarding profit maker!

I am ready to take this study and put my numbers to work here today!

Let's reap the profits we came to take!

Best of Luck to everyone today no matter how you get it!

you mean this post

I am locked and Loaded & ready to roll!

I will be posting my Updates with the wagers I am persoanlly making today!

So that will be $400.00 per play I post!
    (You may wager what you feels is comfortable for you if you wish to or not ..)

I will post the actual payoff then multiply it by 200 times & show the Profit!

This is for those who feel you can't make Profits playing Chalks, Today is the day to see it done!

Let's do this! ...

or this post also.

I guess your gunna have to stay tuned and you too will then be a BELIEVER!

this is also a good one

No Problemo Mazel ... Let's just wait till the end of the day! You all are counting me out over 1 race!

Now that's the most rediculous thing I have ever heard in my 30 + years of racing!

yeah these post are pretty bad.

Pac see this is where he turns people the wrong way. No reason at all for all these I am better than all kinda of post.

Have you seen anything from US to think that he can manage his money. Maybe some people but I just don't see it from him. He chased with 500-600 exactas. That is not what I would call money management.

Many people that stayed out of his threads came in here today to say how foolish this was yet no not US he is special he can do it. Well we all saw how he "did" it.
    Sad to say, no haven't seen the ability to manage the money (shall one say) wiser. What I was saying, it can be accomplished but takes time - taking a little back daily. Set limits, not only on losing but winning as well. The latter may seem strange to some but here's why. If you go to the track/otb/on-line thinking you have every race to wager upon, you will get burnt in the long run. If you will play but a half dozen and have others `capped you might be ok but if you go and hit your first few races, take the money and LEAVE while it's still with you. The "magic" number I use when not cashing is 3 races in a row - if I miss them all, that track is done for the day; even if it's races 1 thru 3, I'm done there. On the other end of the scale, I set it at $10,000 but will put half elsewhere - if on-line will send it to the bank following the race, if in person will put it in a locker or ask management to hold it for me for a couple hours and when leaving for the day/night will ask for a security guard to cart me to my vehicle. I have never been turned down for either request and generally give the manager and driver $20-$50 depending upon how they treat myself.

$500 and $600 exacta's are very costly and even if he hit a few of them, his exotic tally would still have been in the red. To me, it would have been better to play triples for a lower amount using a key or key (w/p). Again, everyone wagers how they feel is best for them.

Looking forward to seeing some harness listings from you this coming week.

yeah these post are pretty bad.

Pac see this is where he turns people the wrong way. No reason at all for all these I am better than all kinda of post.
    TheRightSide,

To be fair, and you should realize it's what I try to do, people did jump on him when the first few did not cash. Perhaps at that point he began to feel the pressure that he built up of "having to win/be perfect".

I have a granddaughter who thinks that if she doesn't get all A's her parents won't love her because she's not perfect. As a parent/soon to be one/or know someone who is one you know this is not the case but in the child's mind it's true. Maybe US feels the same way, I don't know but will agree with you he's been a bit more feisty the last few days/nights when things have not gone as planned (and then he gets an ear full from folks - not saying right or wrong).

Everyone can learn from everyone about this sport. I too have been involved in this sport for a number of decades but was shown something new (might have forgotten about it) last week from a person who had only been working with horses for a month.

This thread can serve as a good reminder on many a topics when wagering. Hopefully, the "newbies" will read it all and learn from the mistakes made (it also can apply to those who've been around a while).

Well I do feel bad for him. But damn he brings a lot of shit on himself. I have visited other horse racing forums and he acted the same way there. As far as I can tell he lost his ass the same way at those other sites as he has done here. Someone elso found the other sites he was at. I can't take credit for that. But I did go through some threads and he was a documented loser at those sites also.

I am just just sure that he is a capable of winning anything on a consistant bases. Infact I am sure that this tote sytem is a for sure loser. Did you see I copied and post from another site that he himself posted. He states that he doesn't even know what type of race it is. He doesn't know the distance, surface, jockey, trainer, equipment on or off or how long the horse has been off.

Now this is just a stupid way of doing things. But hey that's just me.

Well I do feel bad for him. But damn he brings a lot of shit on himself. I have visited other horse racing forums and he acted the same way there. As far as I can tell he lost his ass the same way at those other sites as he has done here. Someone elso found the other sites he was at. I can't take credit for that. But I did go through some threads and he was a documented loser at those sites also.
    he has posted at trackchampion fwiw

Professional Player Ultimate Selector!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kidslick View Post
    he has posted at trackchampion fwiw

So What! I know guys who post at 3 sites each day simultaneously!

Do you or anyone else see a problem with that?

I at times like a change of scenery and people!

This stuff just kills me ... It's like you think I am the only one doing this or something.

Since you guys are such great detectives I would like you to find someone for me can you do that too?

why should you let this stuff bother you.

only thing that should bother you is your skills at money management

which needs improvement..

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by mazeltrick View Post
    stretch runner- you are assuming the conclusion first- that someone can actually make a profit every day. that, of course, is extremely difficult. so, let's make sure we understand just how difficult the premise in your argument- if people could grind out profits day in and day out betting exclusively favorites, you'd have smart people quitting their day jobs all over the world. i'm not sure how much one has to bet to grind 200-300 per day i profits (it is a lot more impressive if you're a $2 bettor instead of a $10k bettor), but if you're betting significant amounts of money to make 200-300 then you are quite vulnerable to a bad streak that would bankrupt even the heartiest bankroll.

to say you don't care about ROI in this context belies an astounding ignorance. i would gladly book this type action all day long.....

if US (or anyone around for that matter) can do this, i'm the holy roman emperor.
    well, fortunately for me, i can keep my priestly vestments in the attic for another day. i must say this exercise in futility was amusing to watch in hindsight, even though we all knew how this tragedy would end.

Quote Originally Posted by mazeltrick View Post
    taking a 4/5 firster breaking from the rail- genius. hey, US, i wish you luck, but this "special favorite" menu you're serving today is about the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen in over 20 years of handicapping horses. bon chance.
    there are some great quotes in this thread........

I feel at this point Rod Serling walks onto the black and white screen and says........

The ego of man is an amazing thing......when in distress it sees the friends as enemies, and enemies as friends. No matter how much it wagers, the spiral continues.......until it must ultimately (pun intended) admit it is defeated, and instead of becoming humble.......it chastises those who took the time and effort to help see the folly of its ways.........

The Twilight Zone

do-do-do-do.......and a roll on the bongo drums.

A bump for G-Money and the new horse forum guys.

LOL This is a classic.

: )

RX Member
    Wow, looking back at this thread I can't believe I supported him. It's pretty bad that he was chasing towards the end with a $2,000 trifecta that's just nuts.

I've seen his blog and he only will post big winning days and when he losses big you don't see it posted at the end. I see him posting $240 trifectas on some days for nearly every race. He's still losing his ass. I wonder how much money he's lost in his lifetime to horse racing?

Quote Originally Posted by pumpuup View Post
    Wow, looking back at this thread I can't believe I supported him. It's pretty bad that he was chasing towards the end with a $2,000 trifecta that's just nuts.

I've seen his blog and he only will post big winning days and when he losses big you don't see it posted at the end. I see him posting $240 trifectas on some days for nearly every race. He's still losing his ass. I wonder how much money he's lost in his lifetime to horse racing?

You are welcome. I tried and I tried and I tried yet you still followed this loser. I have been around the ponies for 25 years. You cannot win like this. There is no "system" to beat the ponies.

DOES THIS MAKE THIS CLASSIC THREAD?

I'm DONE! Stick a Fork in me!

Terrible day!

I'm gunna put my tail between my legs & go curl up & lick my wounds!

This is one of my worst days in recent memory!

Oh Well I will probably take Wed Off!

Till then See ya in the Winner's Circle! (If I can find it)

As always, Thank You for your Views & Comments!
    Have a Great Nite!

Respectfully – Professionally,
    Ultimate Selector!

Save A Tree, Eat A Beaver Pimpy McPimp's Avatar
    Ultimate Selector here......

Crazy shit, man, lol.