Bodog account hacked, wiped out, they say I owe them MORE

Search

Tokens
I came back from vacation to find my Bodog account was wiped out while I was gone. Someone apparently stole my login info (during the crossover from WWTS or Bowman's, perhaps?), and lost my whole account playing poker, fraudulently deposited with a credit card, then lost that money, too.

I called them, and they said something looked fishy--that computer that lost my money logged into 5 other accounts that day, all people I had never heard of.

Well, they just got back to me:

Thank you for your patience while we investigated the unauthorized
activity claim within your bodog account. Our investigation has been
completed, and we have found no malicious activity in your account. We
have concluded no forms of chip dumping, nor fraudulent activity on the
computer used within your account.

As you have stated the credit card used was not your own, we have voided
the associated transaction(s). As per our Player Agreement, specifically
article 14a which states:

"A Player accepts all responsibility for any wager placed from Player's
confidential account whether placed by Player or not, provided the
correct Account Number and Password are received by Bodog. Specifically,
the Player accepts all responsibility for any transactions placed on
their Account by anyone else that received the confidential login
information from the Player, whether voluntarily or otherwise."

Due to the voiding of purchases, this has left your account in the
negative balance of $225 which we ask you kindly repurchase at your
convenience
. Please understand, these funds were lost to legitimate
players on the poker tables, and out of respect to all players we cannot
offer refunds or deductions based on any losses incurred in your bodog
account.

So, because they seem to be too stupid to isolate the source of the fraudulent activity, they are deeming me liable for not only all the losses, but for all the additional purchases made by credit card to the account. So by notifying them of the activity they are charging me MORE.

Unfortunately I can't just never play there again and ignore them because I have a lot of MLB futures on that account. (At least the hackers couldn't screw that up.)

Anyway, don't play at Bodog, change your password if you still have money there, and if you have any ideas please let me know.

Tokens
dont think there is much to do. they didnt close your account yet right?

2009 RX Death Pool Champion
Tokens
i have read a ton of these types of the threads in here in the last 12 months.has one book ever been wrong? the others just seemed to have disappeared never to let us know what the outcome was.which to me says they were trying to scam

Tokens
Well my account is closed "for my protection" so they can change my password for me and I can then give them more money.

I've been a customer there for a long time. You can see my plane tickets if you want to see that I was out of the country (and the computer that accessed my account was apparently from the USA). Would I really commit credit card fraud to try to make $200? And if I did, wouldn't I do it on an account without any pending bets so if they closed my account or did something like this I could just ignore them? Doubt me if you want, but this is just them trying to make me pay for their mistake or inability to isolate the culprit.

MrJ

Tokens
I called them, and they said something looked fishy--that computer that lost my money logged into 5 other accounts that day

And they honestly expect you to pay? If what you're saying is what happened then tell them to do their job.

Tokens
was not doubting you my question is/was has a book ever been wrong?and you can look back at other scam threads and they all just ended without any more being said.

and as far as you trying to cheat them out of 200.no i don't think anyone would do that for just 200.00 . but you actually lost a lot more than that,because they cleaned out what you had in there to start with too right?

Tokens
What happend to this post about BODOG - the whole thing smells of agenda.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post3872963 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead id=currentPost style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fdde82 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #fdde82 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #fdde82 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #fdde82 1px solid">02-28-2007, 11:49 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fdde82 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #fdde82 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #fdde82 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #fdde82 1px solid" align=right> #2 <INPUT id=plist_3872963 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; PADDING-TOP: 0px" type=checkbox value=0 name=plist[3872963] inlineModID="inlineMod"> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fdde82 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #fdde82 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #fdde82 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #fdde82 0px solid" width=175>knicknut<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3872963", true); </SCRIPT>
RX Junior

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_3872963 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fdde82 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif

<HR style="COLOR: #fdde82" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->NO. Suffering at one place is not worth it just to consolidate your poker and sports.

Bodog is worthless now that they have no bottomless deposit bonus. Terrible juice, late lines, not many lines (no totals/ML for most CBB).

Further, they've had trouble paying and recently lied to me about a payout--I requested a check by courier, didn't receive it for a week, asked them, they said they sent it by USPS since they don't do courier after I requested it (when my address doesn't get USPS). Now, 2 weeks after that, they told me they're now doing it via WU, so they were actually lying to me the whole time about sending it out via USPS.

Also, on a superbowl prop they tried to freeroll me by putting up bad terms, then declaring my bet no action when it actually won. (Got it fixed by wil, but still sleazy.)

Use PokerStars for poker, matchbook for sports.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tokens
knicknut, i would like to speak with you sometime.....same thing happened to me about a year and a half ago on bodog....

we need to talk

someone lost a few g's on my account within 5 min of poker then deposited more and lost in 2 hands....lets talk please

The Rx. does not allow posters to use private email addresses in threads in any of our moderated Forums..

Anyone wanting to contact another poster by email please contact me at wilheim@therx.com

Include your own exact user name and the exact user name of the poster you want to contact.

I will forward messages but not give out email addresses of posters who have not previously OKd' it by email or in a thread.

Thank you, wilhiem..

Last edited by a moderator:

Tokens
<table class="tborder" id="post3872963" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" id="currentPost" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(253, 222, 130); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;">02-28-2007, 11:49 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></td><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(253, 222, 130); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #2 <input id="plist_3872963" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: middle;" value="0" name="plist[3872963]" inlinemodid="inlineMod" type="checkbox"> </td></tr><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(253, 222, 130); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175">knicknut<script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3872963", true); </script>
RX Junior

</td><td class="alt1" id="td_post_3872963" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(253, 222, 130);"><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif

<hr style="color: rgb(253, 222, 130);" size="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->NO. Suffering at one place is not worth it just to consolidate your poker and sports.

Bodog is worthless now that they have no bottomless deposit bonus. Terrible juice, late lines, not many lines (no totals/ML for most CBB).

Further, they've had trouble paying and recently lied to me about a payout--I requested a check by courier, didn't receive it for a week, asked them, they said they sent it by USPS since they don't do courier after I requested it (when my address doesn't get USPS). Now, 2 weeks after that, they told me they're now doing it via WU, so they were actually lying to me the whole time about sending it out via USPS.

Also, on a superbowl prop they tried to freeroll me by putting up bad terms, then declaring my bet no action when it actually won. (Got it fixed by wil, but still sleazy.)

</td></tr></tbody></table>

i guess he still plays there. heheheheheheeeeeee must not have been to pissed off.

Tokens
<TABLE class=tborder id=post3872963 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead id=currentPost style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fdde82 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #fdde82 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #fdde82 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #fdde82 1px solid">02-28-2007, 11:49 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fdde82 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #fdde82 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #fdde82 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #fdde82 1px solid" align=right> #2 <INPUT id=plist_3872963 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; PADDING-TOP: 0px" type=checkbox value=0 name=plist[3872963] inlineModID="inlineMod"> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fdde82 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #fdde82 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #fdde82 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #fdde82 0px solid" width=175>knicknut<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3872963", true); </SCRIPT>
RX Junior

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_3872963 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fdde82 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif

<HR style="COLOR: #fdde82" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->NO. Suffering at one place is not worth it just to consolidate your poker and sports.

Waiting for a response to this one...:aktion033

Tokens
Haven't made a wager there since March, when I placed bets on some soft baseball props.

I didn't have a huge balance there, just enough to jump on their soft props. Not negligible, though.

Just because I don't like the place doesn't mean I won't keep a little money there for their notoriously soft entertainment, stock, and long term sports props.

Tokens
I keep a (relatively) small balance there to jump on their notoriously soft entertainment, stock, and long term sports props. Certainly not a negligible amount, though.

I haven't place a wager there since March, when I placed about 10 MLB season-long props (which have obviously not settled).

You really think I would make this up? Wil, you're welcome to check on this with Bodog yourself, I'll give you my account number.

Tokens
Sorry but I cannot help you, you bash Bodog brutally and still play there despite that, now you say you only had a small balance there but someone stold your account number and password and somhow ran up a $225 debt on your account.

There is little I can do to get any books secruity department to bend their rules because the person involved happens to post at the Rx.. Everywhere in the industry players are responsible for their own account number and password.

Most of the lost/stolen account numbers and password disputes end up with the player responsible taking responsibility for his own carelessness. Add that to your obvious dislike of BODOG and the entire issue is fishy imo.

wilheim

Tokens
I dislike what they've done lately with not paying people. That one post I made was right after they had pulled a bait and switch on me and they had tried to screw me on a prop (which you saved me). I got paid and everything was OK. I haven't mentioned them outside that post and the prop issue, IIRC--I'd hardly call that "bashing brutally."

I understand if you can't do anything--I wasn't asking you to. The only thing I would have wanted from someone like you would have been some encouragement for them to give the issue a full look and do as much as possible to identify the culprits. I wasn't expecting any rules to be bended. I find it hard to believe that they tell me something's fishy and that the computer that logged into my account logged into 5 other people's accounts, read me the names (none of which sounded familiar to me, nor did they sound related to each other), and after all that fall back on a "we didn't find anything conclusive, you have no balance and owe us more money."

I have full firewalls, my passwords are protected in an encrypted file on my computer. I've been far from careless. A friend speculates that someone got a copy of account lists or something when Bodog absorbed WWTS and Bowman's, as people reported similar things at CRIS when they absorbed some sites.

Just wanted to tell my story, hopefully get some advice with the situation (and them still wanting money from me), and to help warn the public from getting in the same trouble.

Tokens
I highly recommend you ask all books to disable poker upon opening your account. If they won't don't play there. It is too easy for an employee or someone from another book where you might have used a similar password to steal your money.

Sean

Tokens
wil, can't you just look into it?

Another site is going to look into it, so for now we'll see where that goes. I would like to hear if others have had similar situations and how they were resolved (if they were resolved at all), as well as advice on how to handle my account if the current ruling sticks, since right now I have a negative balance but some pending props that will settle in September.

sean1 said:
I highly recommend you ask all books to disable poker upon opening your account. If they won't don't play there. It is too easy for an employee or someone from another book where you might have used a similar password to steal your money.

That's good advice (along with making all your passwords different). These aren't secure networks like banks and things--who knows what kind of people have access to your account information.

Tokens
Knicknut

Ok then send me your account number which is something you never did during the extra point mixup that was fixed the very next morning when BODOG upper management was able to review the situation. In fact you used the word fishy yourself at the time during a middle of the night discussion about NFL 2 point conversion rules:

<TABLE class=tborder id=post3776128 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fdde82 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #fdde82 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #fdde82 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #fdde82 1px solid">02-05-2007, 12:56 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fdde82 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #fdde82 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #fdde82 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #fdde82 1px solid" align=right>#25 <INPUT id=plist_3776128 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 5px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; PADDING-TOP: 0px" type=checkbox value=0 name=plist[3776128] inlineModID="inlineMod"> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fdde82 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #fdde82 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #fdde82 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #fdde82 0px solid" width=175>knicknut<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3776128", true); </SCRIPT>
RX Junior

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_3776128 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #fdde82 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif

<HR style="COLOR: #fdde82" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->They're quoting NFL.com and refuse to pay again.

Something's fishy here. I don't know if going to Wil or something is worth it, since they seem pretty resolute.

UGH! I don't mind betting wrong and losing, but escaping on a technicality and stealing my money is bull...
<!-- / message -->

I will contact them and post what happened here but I need your account number, which despite the five emails I have from you regarding the NFL 2 point conversion dispute does not contain the account number. I know BODOG pretty well and they are hesitant to give out much information about player disputes that are still under investigation but whatever I can find out including IP information regarding where the poker was played that emptied your account and then added more funds by credit card and charged it back. Generally that information can help but seeing as you were on vacation someone at that destination may have got hold of a laptop if you brought one or hacked an internet cafe PC if you used one. Anything is possible.

Bottom line though is this is the third time this year you have had serious issues with BODOG and used this forum to as you say warn people. Yet you continue to use them.

The first one I have a record of was an over reaction to something that was corrected the very next morning when management showed up. The NFL two point conversion prop that was originally late at night graded no action but changed the very next day so that all players were paid, not just yourself.

The second was an accusation of lieing because you live where there is no US Mail and you ended up getting paid by Western Union instead of a courier, so natrually according to you BODOG lied to you.

The so called freeroll super bowl prop bet I have no record of (and I keep all my dispute records). There are no posts here at the Rx. about that dispute either.

Now this one where someone all of a sudden lost your small balance playing poker with a hacked account number and password and charged an additional $225 to your account with their own charged back credit card. So obviously the person using your account deposited more money into it by their own credit card and then charged it back leaving you with a deficit balance.

Remember rules clearly state:

correct Account Number and Password are received by Bodog. Specifically, the Player accepts all responsibility for any transactions placed on their Account by anyone else that received the confidential login information from the Player, whether voluntarily or otherwise."

Send the account number to wilheim@therx.com

back-up

persona29492950@yahoo.com

and I will report back with what I find out.

wilheim

Call me crazy but there seems to be a pattern here.

Last edited:

Tokens
(1) Generally that information can help but seeing as you were on vacation someone at that destination may have got hold of a laptop if you brought one or hacked an internet cafe PC if you used one. Anything is possible.

(2) The first one I have a record of was an over reaction to something that was corrected the very next morning when management showed up. The NFL two point conversion prop that was originally late at night graded no action but changed the very next day so that all players were paid, not just yourself.

(3) The second was an accusation of lieing because you live where there is no US Mail and you ended up getting paid by Western Union instead of a courier, so natrually according to you BODOG lied to you.

(4) The so called freeroll super bowl prop bet I have no record of (and I keep all my dispute records). There are no posts here at the Rx. about that dispute either.

(5) Now this one where someone all of a sudden lost your small balance playing poker with a hacked account number and password and charged an additional $225 to your account with their own charged back credit card. So obviously the person using your account deposited more money into it by their own credit card and then charged it back leaving you with a deficit balance.

Remember rules clearly state:

correct Account Number and Password are received by Bodog. Specifically, the Player accepts all responsibility for any transactions placed on their Account by anyone else that received the confidential login information from the Player, whether voluntarily or otherwise."

Just to address your comments:

(1) I didn't log into my account or bring any account information, laptop, etc. with my on my trip. The Bodog rep said I've only logged onto my account from 4 PCs, which would be my two computers at home, my one at school, and this new one that logged in 2 weeks ago.

(2) That was the super bowl prop bet. I was under the impression you had confronted them and got them to reconsider the issue, not that management fixed it before you even asked them. I appreciated you looking into that and was not sure how it got fixed, I was just happy it was and thought you were a big part in making that happen. Sorry if I misunderstood something there, that's just how I thought things went down.

(3) Bodog told me they mailed it already via USPS mail when I had requested a check via FedEx. I told them I couldn't receive USPS at my address, and they said "well we already sent it, we can resend it to a different address if it gets kicked back to us." Then a week later they told me they just did Western Union with that same withdrawal from 2 weeks before, which was a result of their changing capabilities for all customers, not just for me I think. So if that timeline was true, they hadn't sent my check at all when they told me they had. I can forward those e-mails if necessary, but I don't think that's an issue.

(4) That's the same issue as (2). I think someone mentioned that they might be freerolling by putting up potentially wrong terms (or a bad line given the terms) so they could cancel if they lost money. Anyway, that's the same issue as (2) and not a separate event.

(5) I understand if they can't catch or isolate the person who did this (although they did log into 5 accounts from a single computer) I might be liable under their T&C. However, I don't think that someone charged back the credit card. They said "As you have stated the credit card used was not your own, we have voided the associated transaction(s)." So maybe they've charged that money back, but the fact that they added funds with a credit card that didn't match the name on the account? That becomes my fault, not the cardholder's fault or their fault for not checking first?

Another site's advocate is looking into this for me, so we'll see where that goes before I have multiple people sending things to them, but I will send you my account number anyway if you'd like.

Tokens
Knicknut

My problem is this -- before you start calling anyone (even a sportsbook) a liar or a thief you should do a little more homework. I remember the night of the 2 Point Conversion policy dispute which was graded by the strict letter of the law method by a middle mangement employee late at night after the game ended. From there it became a 3 or 4 page thread until the next day around noon or 1PM I announced that BODOG management had looked into the situation and decided that despite the ruling still being in a grey area regarding the missed extra point and subsequent tackle of the holder of a botched extra point kick was actually a two point conversion attempt and that they would pay everyone who bet the prop "no sucessful 2 point conversion". Had the botched extra point simply been kicked like 99% of the other NFL exrta points you would have had no action. Threre really was no actual inteded to get two points on purpose play but that is water over the damm.

My point is to say they were stealing your money at 1AM in the morning with no mediation process available until the sun came up is irresponsible.

The USPS is an extremely rare case of a person who cannot recieve mail and most likely what you were told by front line CSD people was what he/she really believed they could do for you at the time. There was certainly no metting of the heads of all departments to discuss how they could take advantage of your mail problem. Bottom line you got paid and I am certain no one lied to you on purpose. You should know better by now from looking at your posts you deal with a lot of books that it is easy for a answer the phone low level CSD clerk to be wrong when a very unusual situation arises. I mean who in the US anymore can't recieve a letter at their residence?

Bodog has been an advertiser here for many years and have a huge investment in this site, my job is to make sure they contunue to get the serivce they paid for so I have to play devil's advocate when players make claims like some of the ones you have. Every thing save for this latest fiasco could have been solved with an simple email.

There are some forum posters (not all here) that do have a special dislike for BODOG and many have made up stories to discredit the book out of some sort of desire to get revenge or just plain meaness, so when a poster has three or four problems in 5 months it definitely rings a bell.

I talk to BODOG management very often and believe me they are not out to steal $225 from you, I assume someone used your account with a credit card to add additional funds - lost them and then charged back the losses leaving you with the bill. You say it was not you but someone out of the blue getting hold of your lightly funded BODOG account number and password then fine I believe you and will give you the benefit of the doubt. I know that BODOG has one of the best in house secruity departments in the business and if anyone can find out who actually made the bets they can.

For eveyone else interested in this thread and BODOG's relationship with The Rx.com I want you to know that it is not going anywhere and of all the books that have banners here they are as accomodating and accessable as any when it comes to player disputes. They always respond immediately to inquires from The Rx.com about problems Rxers may have at their site.

The recent slowness in withdrawals is well docuented at BODOG, who are well aware of the current situation and it's nonfeasibility long term. Especially with football getting closer, so I look for that problem to be resolved this summer and quite frankly personally will be very pleased when it is. However in the meantime players are being paid even if it does take 20 to 30 days on occassion, thankfully those days are almost over as the batch of withdrawals that had to be reprocessed is almost finished and paid off.

In conclusion, The Rx.com allows posters to voice their disputes and problems they incur at our advertiser books but we ask that they do so with a little bit of courtesy and proper wording. The days of I got fxxed by this book or that book in 4PT letters without any solid proof are over here at The Rx.com. In place of that we have a workble system where all players can get prompt help, be heard by the posting body, and even allow sportsboks to learn from situations that come up on these forums where they are definitely in the wrong or even partially in the wrong. I know books can improve their operating model by listening to posters ideas if they are put to them in a credible and viable post that does not include profanity and needless and unproven accusations of thievery and lieing.

Thank you, wilehim

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bodyhealthtechofficia
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com