Tigers @ Nationals
Maroth vs Chico
Pick: Tigers -150

Marlins @ W. Sox
Johnson vs Contreras
Pick: W. Sox -135

Charlie Sports

charlie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mlb. boston @ atlanta under 8' runs & cincinnati @ oakland under 8' runs (500*)

mlb. milwaukee-130 (30*)

mlb. philadelphia-125 (20*)

mlb. white sox-120 (20*)

mlb. minnesota+145 (10*)

mlb. atlanta+125 (10*) Bonus Play

Vegas Experts
Kansas City Royals at St. Louis Cardinals
Monday, June 18th, 8:10 P.M. EDT

Clubs have gone over in 9-of-11 meetings including last three in St. Louis. KANSAS CITY is 10-1 OVER as a road underdog of +150 to +175 over the last 2 seasons and 25-12 OVER after having won 4 or 5 of their last 6 games over the last 2 seasons. ST LOUIS is 10-3 OVER in June games this season and 8-1 OVER in an inter-league game this season.

Play on: Over

Mighty ! Quinn
Florida Marlins

Michael Cannon
Money Train

15 Dime
Giants

10 Dime
Marlins

Dave Cokin
(911) FLA Marlins
(912) CHI White Sox

Take "(911) FLA Marlins"
The Marlins get a key component to their pitching staff back here as Josh Johnson comes off the DL to make his '07 debut. Johnson had a tremendous rookie campaign and if he's right, he could quickly ascend right back to the top of the Florida rotation. He'll undoubtedly be on a short leash and a short pitch count tonight, but even fresh off the injured list he rates the call over struggling Jose Contreras, who just can't see to get going for the White Sox. In their present form, it's tough for me to see the White Sox as chalk here, particularly with how poorly Contreras has pitched. It doesn't hurt that the Marlins have been pretty good on the road. I'm on Florida in this spot

Jim Feist
(913) KC Royals
(914) STL Cardinals

Take "Over"

There should be plenty of offense on tap Monday as these two Intrastate rivals face off in St Louis. The Kansas City Royals start lefty Odalis Perez who is 3-7 on the season with a 6.19 era. Perez has lost his last two games and has allowed nine earned runs in his last 8 1/3 innings. Adam Wainwright starts for the Cardinals. Wainwright is 5-5 on the season with a 4.66 era. Sit back and enjoy the fireworks this Monday as both clubs should get their share of hits and runs. Take the OVER!!!

Monday Horse Racing Spot Picks

SPOT PLAYS

For Monday
TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE
Calder Race Course (2nd) Seattle Thunder, 5-1
(9th) Honorway, 6-1
Colonial Downs (2nd) Magic Maker, 4-1
(7th) Canary Moon, 7-2
Delaware Park (5th) Allen's Dream, 6-1
(6th) Italian Dollars, 6-1
Finger Lakes (1st) Gem's Honor, 4-1
(4th) Allison's Princess, 4-1
Fort Erie (5th) Parisian's Pride, 4-1
(7th) Haliburtonhighland, 3-1
Great Lakes Downs (5th) Tiz the Loot, 4-1
(8th) Holy Quail, 3-1
Indiana Downs (1st) Witches Fury, 10-1
(8th) Last Dream, 9-2
Mountaineer (2nd) Windsor Dickens, 4-1
(7th) Proud of Pyrite, 8-1
Philadelphia Park (7th) Those Shoes, 9-2
(8th) Divisa, 4-1
Prairie Meadows (4th) Sharon's Riches, 9-2
(6th) Banker's Mistress, 7-2
Suffolk Downs (2nd) Classic Acre, 6-1
(4th) Cozy Dreams, 6-1
Thistledown (2nd) Halo's Flyer, 6-1
(7th) Albrannon, 7-2

TRACKMASTER RACE OF THE DAY

Today's Free Race: Delaware for Monday June 18, 2007
Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts at Delaware

Delaware - Race #2 - Post: 1:12pm

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

Choice Plays:

#1 JEROBOAM (ML=4/1)
#6 HEAD GAMES (ML=8/1)

JEROBOAM - I think this gelding is very ready right now. I like the fact that Pickett brings him back to a race so quickly. Have to like the early speed on this one. No one else may even be close. HEAD GAMES - This colt was overlooked in the betting when he made his debut May 29th. Look for another big effort today. Rider hops up atop after getting to know the race horse by riding in the last race. That's always a helpful angle. This colt is in exceptional physical condition right now. Ran first in the last race and comes back quickly.

Vulnerable Contenders: #3 CALL ANDY (ML=2/1), #4 UNO WAY CALLE (ML=3/1), #7 JIM'S IRISH EYES (ML=6/1)

CALL ANDY - You should normally wager against probable favorites that haven't raced or show no activity in the morning over the last few weeks. UNO WAY CALLE - Probably hasn't had enough racing experience to beat the 'grizzled' veterans today. This entrant didn't do much for me last time out of the box finishing second. Can't expect any betterment in today's race. JIM'S IRISH EYES - The Brain always warns me to stay away from thoroughbreds in sprint races that haven't finished in the money in sprint races recently.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:

Put your money on #1 JEROBOAM on the nose if you can get odds of 6/5 or more

EXACTA WAGERS:

Box [1,6]

Calder

Analysis:: by Ron Nicoletti
12:50PM
Race 1 -
7 POUNDCAKE looks like the one to pound in the opener when he stretches out to a mile and a sixteenth after finishing second behind repeat winner Keystone Point at a mile & 70 yards. Eduardo Nunez rides. 2 ACUITY is hoping to find a little more after rallying late to finish third behind Poundcake last out. 1 BELIEVE I CAN FLY is back where he belongs after failing to get involved when facing considerably tougher in the 12-furlong New York New York here on Belmont Day.

7-2-1

Race 2 -
10 RUBICON, a lightly raced versatile 4-year-old son of Dynaformer, who was a good third on a sealed sloppy track in his career debut, and an even better second in his turf debut last out, figures as the one to beat on either surface. Trainer Bill White has Belmont's leading jock Eibar Coa named to ride. 2 SEATTLE THUNDER, 1 for 2 in the money on the turf, returns to the lawn after finishing second & third, respectively, in a pair of maiden special weight events on the main track. 4 TOMOCHICHI, a half to Kinsman Stable stars Concerto & Wondertross, should offer more on either surface after finishing a troubled second vs. similar in his local debut on a sealed track listed as 'good'. 3 MR. RACHIN is stepping up, and turning back, after yielding late to get beat a half-length vs. $40K maidens at 9 furlongs.

10-2-4-3

Race 3 -
5 FUZZIEO, now in the Giuseppe Iadisernia barn, drops to the $25K level after stalking the pace and fading to finish fourth in her $50K career debut at Gulfstream. 3 BO'S DREAM CATCHER returns to the selling ranks after following a pair of second place finishes when racing for a claiming tag with a chase-and-fade performance vs. special weight competition at 5 furlongs on a sealed sloppy track. 1 SOUTHERN WARNING drops in for a quarter after disputing the pace and fading when facing maiden special weight competition in her 6 1/2-furlong career debut.

5-3-1

Race 4 -
9 STASHED AWAY, 3 for 6 in the money on the Calder turf (6-0-2-1), makes her first start since facing entry-level allowance competition here since last Oct. Trainer Tim Ritvo has the daughter of Lord Avie training forwardly for her first race in about 8 months. 7 SISTER NAN is returning to the turf after responding to a drop in competition with a $32K maiden victory, and a second place finish vs. this level of competition in a pair at a mile on the main track. 10 SUDDEN DESIRE will try "two-lifetime" competition after disputing the pace and retreating vs. multiple winners in a $16K optional claimer. 8 BRILLIANT LOVER is an obvious choice to earn a check if the race stays on the turf because she rallied to finish third in consecutive grass races at this level and distance.

9-7-10-8

Race 5 -
3 FORTUNATE TRAIL is turning back to five-eighths of a mile after posting back-to-back starter allowance victories at 5 1/2 furlongs, and defeating $16K optional claimers at 6 1/2 furlongs. Trainer Kirk Ziadie has apprentice David Cardoso trying to make it four in a row for the son of Fortunate Prospect. 7 BOW OUT, a good second behind Fortunate Trail on May 19, returns to the main track after disputing quick early fractions and tiring vs. a salty group of turf veterans in the $50K Heckofaralph. 1 HANA HIGHWAY is cutting back to 5 panels after stalking the pace and fading to finish third vs. $12.5K claimers at three-quarters of a mile.

3-7-1

Race 6 -
1 BULLARIUM is turning back to 6 furlongs after stalking the pace 4-wide and finishing fourth vs. $16K maidens at a mile. 2 SIBERIAN KING is a son of Double Honor who couldn't have scripted an easier spot to start his racing career. Trainer George Mikhalides adds Lasix and jockey Ray Fuentes to the mix. 4 EL REVELDE makes his first start since posting the best last-race speed figure (37) when finishing third vs. $10K maidens at Tampa on Apr. 22. Trainer Ruben Flores has Daniel Coa named to ride.

1-2-4

Race 7 -
2 SONG SONG BLUE will try conditioned claimers after drawing off in the stretch drive to defeat $25K "two-lifetime" claimers at the distance. Trainer Luis Olivares tabs Eibar Coa to ride. 5 D. J. BEST was given some time to recharge his batteries after dueling for the lead and fading to finish fourth vs. 10 rivals in a $16K optional claimer at the distance on Apr. 28. Trainer Ed Plesa Jr. has Roimes Chirinos atop the son of Yes It's True. 1 KELLYS RX is stretching out an additional furlong after recovering from a slow start to get beat 1-1/4 lengths vs. 4 rivals in a 5-furlong $16K optional claimer moved to a sealed sloppy track.

2-5-1

Race 8 -
3 DROP SHOT moved to the Giuseppe Iadisernia barn via the claim after a monster 10 3/4-length score vs. this caliber of competition in which he posted his lifetime best speed figure (99). The colt turns back to 6 furlongs hoping he doesn't bounce after the huge effort last out. 10 SIR SILVER FOX is stretching out to three-quarters (6-1-2-0) after saving ground and drawing away to defeat $25K conditioned claimers at 5 1/2 furlongs by almost 7 lengths. 8 ISLAND SKY, a reclaim by trainer Bill White, turns back after proving no match for Drop Shot at a mile last out. Trainer White has Eibar Coa named to handle the homecoming. 2 TRUE GENIUS, a 9-time winner at the distance, stretches out after holding on to beat 4 rivals, as the odds-on choice, at 5 furlongs on a sealed sloppy track.

3-10-8-2

Race 9 -
5 QUAKER WAY moved to the Angel Medina barn via the claim, and turns back to 7 furlongs, after following her promising career debut at a mile and a sixteenth with a chase-and-tire fourth place showing vs. this caliber of competition at a mile. 3 METROPOLITAN MOON is turning back to a sprint distance after setting the pace and fading late in a pair of route races vs. similar quality. Trainer Tim Ritvo has Rosemary Homeister Jr. atop the speedy daughter of Migrating Moon. 2 RELIC TRILOGY is stretching out to 7 panels after finishing fourth, at a life-changing 81-1, vs. $12.5K maidens at three-quarters of a mile.

BEST BET: RACE 2 - RUBICON

LONG SHOT: RACE 8 - TRUE GENIUS

5-3-2

Rocco Spacamuro

50* White Sox -130

Ben Burns

Jun 18 2007 7:05PM
Game: Philadelphia Phillies at Cleveland Indians

Prediction: Philadelphia Phillies

Reason: Philadelphia's southpaw is in much better current form in this evening's battle of left-handed starters. Hamels is an impressive 9-2 with a 3.47 ERA for the season. That includes a 2-0 mark with a 2.62 ERA and a 0.958 WHIP in his last three starts. On the other hand, Lee is 1-2 with an ugly 7.05 ERA and 1.826 WHIP in his last three starts. For the season, he is just 3-4 with a poor 6.22 ERA and 1.579 WHIP. The Phillies, who were beaten by Detroit yesterday, have really "bounced back" well after being defeated this season. In fact, they're a profitable 21-11 (+9.8) when coming off a loss in their previous game.

Consider a play on PHILADELPHIA

HONDO

June 18, 2007 -- Due to lackluster efforts by the Giants and Mariners, Hondo took two trips down the drain yesterday and saw his earnings plummet to a slim 115 hamiltons.

Tonight, he's cool with Cole - 10 units on Hamels to shut down the Native Americans.

IC: June 18th (517/841)

4-1 yesterday and 4 of 6 good days.

Just 1 mlb play today for me which is below

Sticking with the new system here. I will have a writeup each day whenever a new baseball series presents itself and have a comment on each game. I firmly believe if you keep up with streaks and series every 3-4 days, new trends and solid bets present itself that you do not even realize existed below. Because of that, I am going to keep a harp on all new series that are to come.

For every new series in baseball, I will have a write-up which is every 3-4 days to attempt to stay up with these teams and cash in more bets. On Friday, I will go through each wnba team and give you an update on them. One of the moderators, will put together the last 2 sets of research in a seperate thread and keep an updated roll of research so that you can keep up with a team's progress. It will have what a team's upcoming games are, current win streaks, losing streaks and overs/unders trends in the hopes that it will help you win more bets as we head into the weekend. I will do the same for the wnba on Friday. Both cliffnotes will be stuck on one thread.

For college basketball, my favorite part of the season, this fall, just on Saturday, I will do a write-up on every college ball game, yes, everyone, as I used to do on ****rs. We want to provide useful reading content to help you win more bets. That is the bottom line here and if I'm able to do a solid write-up on ever college basketball game/college football game as I can do that in advance, than I think , it will be very useful to the average bettor on our site . Content. Content. Content. Useful Content, Useful Content, Useful Content. While others sites are full of nonsense, it is so important to provide valid content to help others win more bets. I will include all power rankings and I will also do this for college football as well. Needless to say, that if I do college basketball and college football, I will not be able to do this for the nfl, although I follow it very closely as well. However, we will make arrangements so that the nfl is well discussed and will obtain newsletters to be posted here so that folks do not have to pay for it.

Some series notes to be aware of:

Astros vs. Angels

Houston comes off series sweep of Seattle. Angels continue to dominate as they take 2 of 3 from the Dodgers after having swept them from the first half of the season. Angels are still one of the hottest teams in baseball. I probably won't touch anything in this series as the Astros are playing with some confidence. Maybe looking at some overs near the end.

Cincy vs. Oakland

I might be looking into some overs here as Cincy's bullpen is horrible and the A's themselves could reach some of these totals. Blanton and Lohse can give their fair share of hits up, but I think they are both on the bounce-back. Eventually, I'll look for a good spot for the A's run-line here.

Arizona vs. Tampa Bay

Arizona is a team of streaks it seems. They got swept by the Yanks. They in turn swept the Orioles of the AL East. Their last 3 games have gone over with the o's as well. Tampa Bay nearly got swept by the Pads and Rockies only to salvage 1 game in each series. The last 7 of 8 have one over. I think looking into overs this entire series could be worth a shot here as well.

Cards vs. Royals

Cards actually took 2/3 from the A's and have played in a lot of overs lately as well. Their pitching is bad, but their hitting is picking up the slack finally. KC now has won 3 straight series. They beat the Cards, Phillies and Marlins in 2/3 games for each series. I think this series is likely to be filled with overs as well.

Florida vs. White Sox

2 struggling teams. Florida has lost 6 of 8. Whitesox are one of the most pathetic team in baseball and they need to be careful or they will end up the worst team in baseball soon enough. The loss of Erstad has been brutal on this team.

Mets vs. Twins

Mets have lost 12 of 14 games. Last 6 of 8 have gone over showing lack of pitching and quality starts. Twins have actually won 5 of 7. I will stay far away from this series.

Phillies vs. Indians

Phillies have won 4/6 and the last 4/5 have gone over showing lack of pitching and bullpen, but also the hitting is coming around. Cleveland interchanging w/l and their offense is struggling, but I think they pick it up against the phillies and u start seeing some overs.

Detroit vs. Washington

This seems to be a clear victory for Detroit, but Wash is hot right now. They have won 6 of their last 9 including 3 straight series as well, similar to the Royals. I think there will be better spots here for the Tigers than game 1 with Maroth. Once again, overs are not a bad idea here, but I might stay away from it as the Nats love 1 run ballgames and these lines force run-line action.

Atlanta vs. Boston

Braves took 2/3 from Cleveland and playing 4/5 unders of late. After losing 2/3 to Colorado, Boston swept the Giants and found some offense in the process.

San Fran vs. Milwaukee

Giants lost 4 in a row and 7 of 9 as they are struggling. They continue to be an under team with a lack of offense as they are 30-38 on the under. Brewers have won 4 in a row, including taking big series wins over the Tigers and Twins.

WNBA Thoughts

When it's the only game on tap, you stay far away as typically the lines are tight. I was set on Detroit for this game but with the sparks getting spanked on the road, they are due for a better game. The line is rising despite the fact I think this game goes under, but who knows the sparks could respond very well from an embarassing loss at Minny. Staying far away from this game.

Royals/Cards Over 9.5

This is where keeping up with these teams actually helps out. It's a pain at times, but I'll tell you want, it makes you feel better about putting money on something that you feel like you have studied as much as you can so you can roll with it. The Cards pitching is bad as noted above and their hitting has gotten better. The Royals have been playing well and have won 3 straight series. They have done this through good hitting and decent pitching at times, but mainly due to their hitting. These teams love running up the score on each other it seems. St. Louis has been on an over trend for a while. The Cards have put up 25 runs over the past 2 days against the best pitching staff in starting ERA's in all of baseball which was under 3 in the A's. This team put up 25 runs on them. The Cards have played to the over 7-0-2. In other words, they have not played the under in 9 games now. I don't think 9.5 is too much here considering the Cards have scored more than that by themselves over the last 2 games. The over is 9-2-2 for teh Cards in the last 13 interleague games against righties, it is 21-5-1 in the royals last 27 road games vs. a righty and 4-1-2 against a pitcher with a WHIP greater than 1.30. The over is 22-5-3 in the Cards last 28 and over is 8-2 in the last 10 interleague home games. I wish I would have started tracking these teams earlier as I could have gotten on the over train much earlier but oh well. The Pirates also are on an over trend for you to check out as well of late. That's what I've got gents, good luck on whatever you're playing.
ic

Cappers Access

Milwuakee Brewers (MLB)
Detroit Tigers (MLB)

INSIDER SPORTS

Matchup: Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels

Selection: Houston/Los Angeles Under 7.5 (-110)

Explanation: We expect a low-scoring game as the Houston Astros face-off against the Los Angeles Angels in Monday's MLB contest.

The Houston Astros will use starting pitcher Chris Sampson. Chris Sampson has pitched well this season (3.29 ERA), as well as continues to improve (2.91 ERA in his last 3 starts). With that said, we see the Los Angeles Angels struggling to score runs tonight.

As for the Los Angeles Angels, they will use starting pitcher John Lackey. Right-handed pitcher John Lackey has pitched great this season. In fact, John Lackey has a solid 2.53 ERA on the season. The Houston Astros have struggled to hit right-handed pitchers on the road this season (poor .247 batting average), and you can expect the Houston Astros to once again struggle to get hits and score runs.

The Under is 7-1 in the Houston Astros last 8 interleague road games, and we expect to see another low-scoring game tonight.

Take the Houston Astros/Los Angeles Angels Under 7½

WINNINGWAY SPORTS

Selection: Cincinnati/Oakland Under 8 (-110)

Reason: Put us down on the Cincinnati Reds/Oakland Athletics Under 8 for our Free MLB Selection on Monday. Today we expect a low-scoring game as the Cincinnati Reds do battle with the Oakland Athletics. One reason why we see very few runs being scored is because both these teams will send to the mound solid pitchers. This says it all... [Reds Starting Pitcher (Kyle Lohse): 3.38 ERA in his last 3 starts] and [Athletics Starting Pitcher (Joe Blanton): 1.54 ERA in his last 3 starts]. The Under is 7-3 in Reds last 10 road games, while the Under is 10-4-1 in Athletics last 15 home games. To say the least, we will see very little scoring tonight. Take the Cincinnati Reds/Oakland Athletics Under 8

Straley Group

Monday Selections

After looking over some stats and pondering among the group members we have decided to take the 3 road teams
with strong pitchers on Monday.

1000 on Detroit
500 on Phillies
1000 on Boston

Big Al McMordie
Bonus Play: Tampa Bay Devil Rays vs Arizona Diamondbacks
At 9:40 pm, our complimentary selection is on the Arizona Diamondbacks over Tampa Bay. The D-Backs will hand the ball to Livan Hernandez, and he's been terrific this season at home, going 3-0 in six starts with a 2.66 ERA. And Arizona has also gone 25-8 this year as a favorite. Hernandez' mound opponent tonight will be Edwin Jackson, who has been dreadful, like usual. For the season, Jackson is 0-8 in 12 starts, and he has an ERA over 8 runs per game. Take Arizona. Good luck, as always...Al McMordie. $100,000 World Series of Sports Handicapping Champ Al McMordie SWEPT THE BOARD on Sunday, going 3-0, including his Totals Winner on the 'under' in the KC/Florida game. Al's won 8 of 9 here, and has CASHED 72 PERCENT of his Totals plays here for the ENTIRE SEASON! Don't miss Big Al's #1 Totals Winner for Monday. It's a SUPER PLAY!

Lenny Speed
5 Units Detroit
5 Units Phillies
5 Units KC

Bobby Maxwell

Off to Cleveland with a Bonus Play today on the Phillies as they take on the Indians in an interleague showdown. No problem laying the chalk in this one as this looks like a no-doubt selection.
We're going to lay the chalk with the Phillies in this one as Cole Hamels is quickly becoming one of the best pitchers in the National League.
Hamels (9-2, 3.47 ERA) is 2-0 in his last three starts and has gone 4-1 on the road ths season with a 3.91 ERA. Philadelphia has won eight of his last nine starts and last time he took the hill he gave up three runs on 10 hits in seven innings against the Mets in a 6-3 victory.
The Phillies have won three of his last four road outings and has allowed three earned runs or less in seven of his last eight starts. Mix that all in with the fact the Phillies are playing well having won seven of their last 11 overall and going 7-2 in their last nine road contests
Cliff Lee (3-4, 6.22) starts for Cleveland and he has not been good of late, posting a 7.04 ERA in his last three starts and the Indians have lost four of his last five outings.
These teams haven't met in five years and you know most of the Indians haven't seen Hamels so look for him to dominate today in Cleveland. Play the Phillies and Hamels.

3? PHILADELPHIA

RAZOR SHARP

HOUSTON/LA ANGELS OVER the total of 7½

Sports Gambling Hotline

The Braves did take 2 of 3 this weekend off the Indians, but Sunday's loss means Atlanta has dropped 10 of their last 15 games.
Atlanta is up against it tonight, as Curt Schilling and Boston invade Turner Field for the opener of this three-game set.
Boston took 2 of 3 off Atlanta at Fenway Park last month, and they are 7-2 overall versus the Braves since the 2005 season. Schilling did not pitch in the May set, but he did work a solid 6 innings of 2-run ball last July at Turner Field in a no-decision last July.
Schilling's last road start was his brilliant 1-hitter at Oakland, and 4 of the righty's 6 wins this season have come on the highway.
Chuck James will counter, and the southpaw has allowed 8 runs over his last 11 innings of work for an 0-2 ledger.
James is just 1-3 at home this season, soon to be 1-4.
Boston is 21-12 on the road this year, and we like them tonight to open with a win.

4? BOSTON

PLATINUM PLAYS

MLB: Tampa Bay Rays & Arizona D-Backs Over 10½ Runs

CHARLIES SPORTS

mlb free pick. boston (schilling) @ atlanta+125 (james)

curt schilling has helped lead the bosox to the best record in the majors, but he is coming off one of his worst starts since he came to the team. schilling looks to bounce back against one of his favorite opponents when he takes the mound in today's series opener against the atlanta braves. the first-place bosox lead the yankeesin the al east, and are 10-4 in contests started by schilling this season, but the braves will get the win as a +125 dog

Karl Garrett

Tonight a rare RUN LINE play, as I think Arizona is going to stomp all over Edwin Jackson and the Devil Rays. I am not real sure how Jackson continues to start in this rotation, as he is now 0-8 for the year with an over 8 ERA. His last start didn't last even one inning, as he was rocked for 5 runs on 5 hits.
Arizona is fresh off a weekend sweep of Baltimore, and they have to be happy to be back home after playing at Boston, at the Yankees, and at Baltimore the last 9 games.
The Rays have lost 4 of their last 5 games, and are just 13-18 on the road this year. This looks like big trouble tonight for Tampa Bay, as Livan Hernandez is a perfect 3-0 at home with a 2.66 ERA.
Look for the Diamondbacks to rout the Rays tonight at home.

RUN LINE play on 'Zona.

5* ARIZONA -1 1/2 RUNS

Bryan Leonard

Giants at Brewers (902)

San Fransico is a long way from home and this is their fourth straight road game. It's been a lousy trip, getting swept in Boston by a combined score of 20-7. This is an aging club, one with weak defense in the outfield which doesn't help the pitchers. They are 14-21 on the road. Starter Noah Lowery has been off his game with a 4.74 ERA his last 3 starts and a career 10.84 ERA against the Brewers. They've never seen the Milwaukee starter here, as manager Ned Yost gives right-hander Yovani Gallardo his first big-league assignment Monday against the Giants. Milwaukee is 21-11 at home.

PLAY THE BREWERS

MATT RIVERS

For Monday take the White Sox at home.

Chicago is terrible right now there is absolutely no denying that. Even their own manager in Ozzie Guillen has said his team is a joke as these champs from a few years ago seemingly can't do anything right anymore.
But, with the above said, this price is just flat out too cheap and that is coming from a guy who absolutely loves Josh Johnson as the kid was filthy in his rookie season. Johnson has a great arm and will help the fish be a contender for years' to come but the righthander is also making his first start of the season tonight and is in as home run happy of a ballpark as there is in the game and that includes Coors Field. This is just not an easy situation for Johnson who at the very best should go only five innings to begin with.
Jose Contreras is a professional who definitely can get hit at times but also has some nasty stuff himself in some outings. The Cuban, at home, should be very formidable here against what is a young and talented Marlins'club but still overall fairly mediocre. Florida's offense has potential with the great Miguel Cabrera and a few others like Josh WIllingham and Hanley Ramirez that are very talented but let's not exactly deem Jim Thome, Paul Konerko and Jermaine Dye as washed up just yet, despite the recent slumps.
The White Sox are awful but they are also too talented to not win some ballgames in the near future and should wreak a little havoc against Johnson in this his first start. The price is cheap enough to give it ago on the "Good Guys".

JEFF BENTON

For Monday, we’ll try going against the Angels again, simply because the take-back money with the underdog Astros is simply too enticing to pass up, especially with underrated Chris Sampson on the hill for Houston.
Yes, the Angels are playing well. They just completed a 6-3 interleague road trip, winning four of the final five games. They’re also 37-17 in their last 54 overall, they have a fantastic 24-9 home record, and they have ace John Lackey going tonight.
But, for starters, this is a huge letdown spot for L.A., having just slaughtered the hated Dodgers the last two days. Also, Houston is coming off a three-game sweep of the Mariners in which it outscored Seattle 24-8! Matter of fact, since an ugly 10-game losing skid, the Astros have tallied five runs or more in 11 of 18 games, turning the trick in the last five games in a row.
Sure, they’re facing Lackey tonight, and he’s going to be an All-Star. But he’s hardly been perfect; in fact, in his last two starts, Lackey has allowed a total of nine runs (although only five were earned), including six runs (four earned) in an 8-5 loss to the Twins in his last home game. The hard-throwing righthander also clearly is suffering from a lack of arm strength, given the fact he hasn’t struck out more than four hitters in six consecutive starts.
Now, the Astros’ Sampson hasn’t struck out many batters all year, but that’s not his game. He’s a true pitcher, and a darn good one, as he’s held each of his last nine opponents to three runs or fewer, going 2-0 with a 2.91 ERA in his last three starts.
Finally, this is by far the biggest plus-price on the Astros in any of Sampson’s 13 starts, so the value definitely lies with Houston here.

(based on a 1 to a 10 * Rating)

2* HOUSTON ASTROS

Nevada Sharpshooter

Monday
Giants +115 Over Brewers

Ben Burns

Jun 18 2007 7:05PM
Game: Philadelphia Phillies at Cleveland Indians

Reason: Philadelphia's southpaw is in much better current form in this evening's battle of left-handed starters. Hamels is an impressive 9-2 with a 3.47 ERA for the season. That includes a 2-0 mark with a 2.62 ERA and a 0.958 WHIP in his last three starts. On the other hand, Lee is 1-2 with an ugly 7.05 ERA and 1.826 WHIP in his last three starts. For the season, he is just 3-4 with a poor 6.22 ERA and 1.579 WHIP. The Phillies, who were beaten by Detroit yesterday, have really "bounced back" well after being defeated this season. In fact, they're a profitable 21-11 (+9.8) when coming off a loss in their previous game.

Consider a play on PHILADELPHIA

Jimmy The Moose

Jun 18 2007 7:10PM
Game: Minnesota Twins at New York Mets

Prediction: Minnesota Twins

Reason: The Twins are 6-4 in their last 10 but are playing a lot better than the 2-9 Mets have over their last 11 games. Both pitchers are struggling but again Silva 4-7, hasn't been as bad as Joh Maine has been for the Mets recently. The Mets have lost 5 of Maine's last 6 starts and 4 of the losses have come at Shea. The Twins are 7-2 in their last 9 interleague road games. Minnesota is also a money making 21-6 in their last 27 interleague games overall.

Play on the Twins +.

LENNY DEL GENIO

MLB Cincinnati vs. Oakland

Take Oakland Athletics

Play on the Oak A's at 10:05 ET. The Reds swept the A's in four games in 1990 to win their last World Series title. However, they have dropped the only six meetings between the two teams since, losing three-game sets in 2002 and 2004. In the 2004 series, the Reds gave up 40 runs and 51 hits, the most runs the A's have scored in a three-game series and the most the Reds had allowed in a series since 1950 against the Boston Braves. Oakland's had the AL's best ERA all season but the team's staff got hammered Saturday and Sunday by the Cards, losing 15-6 and 10-6. Expect Joe Blanton to "stop the bleeding tonight," as he's been strong in his last three starts, going 2-1 and allowing four runs in 23 1-3 innings, including a 1-0 three-hitter against Minnesota on June 2. Blanton has never faced the Reds but despite just a 2-2 mark in six starts at home this year, owns a 1.91 ERA! Don't forget, he'll be facing a Cincy team with the NL's worst record (27-43) and one that is dead-last in MLB's 'moneyline' standings at minus-$1,717. Cincinnati will counter with Kyle Lohse (3-8, 4.30), who has posted a 2.37 ERA in alternating wins and losses in his last four outings after dropping six straight starts. However, Lohse has had a tough time on the road this season, going 2-5 with a 5.21 ERA in eight starts. Take the A's

Tom Freese Blue Line Club

Monday June 18.
Boston at Atlanta (7:05pm)

Boston starter Curt Schilling is in excellent KW form with a better than 5 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio in his last 3 starts. Schilling is 11-3 in his June team starts the last 3+ years. Schilling is 2-0 with a 1.80 ERA his last two starts in Atlanta. The Braves starter Chuck James has won just once in his last 6 starts and Atlanta is just 5-10 their last 15 games overall.

Play On Boston - (Schilling vs. James)

VEGAS EXPERTS

Kansas City Royals at St. Louis Cardinals
Monday, June 18th, 8:10 P.M. EDT

Clubs have gone over in 9-of-11 meetings including last three in St. Louis. KANSAS CITY is 10-1 OVER as a road underdog of +150 to +175 over the last 2 seasons and 25-12 OVER after having won 4 or 5 of their last 6 games over the last 2 seasons. ST LOUIS is 10-3 OVER in June games this season and 8-1 OVER in an inter-league game this season.

Play on: Over

Prime Sports Picks (9-4-0 / +270)
MLB - Oakland (-160)

Donald Tran
Monday, June 18, 2007

Sport: MLB
Matchup: Detroit at Washington
Prediction: Over 9.5 Runs (Maroth vs. Chico)

Capper Consensus (10-4-0 / +515)
MLB - St Louis Over (9.5) (+100)

Jennifer Barry
Monday, June 18 2007

Sport: National League
Matchup: San Francisco at Milwaukee

Prediction: SF Giants W/ Lowry +115

Chad Jordan

Monday, June 17 2007

Match up: Kansas City at St. Louis
Prediction: Over 9.5 Runs (Perez vs. Wainwright)

Paul Leiner
Monday, June 18, 2007

Game: Philadelphia/Cleveland
Prediction: 3* Indians +110

Brandon Lovell

Monday, June 18, 2007

Game: Phillies vs Indians

4* Under 9

totals 4 u

top play
laa under

reg play
sf over
det under
clev under
tb under

comp play
cincy under

Chuck Franklin

Boston (-135) at ATLANTA

This match-up puts the Red Sox, who have the best record in baseball, against a Braves team that has lost 10 of its last 15 games. Pitching for the Red Sox is veteran ace Curt Schilling, who has led his team to victories in 10 of the 14 games he started this season. He also has a good road record, at 4-1 this season. The Red Sox are 8-1 in his last nine starts as a road favorite of this much. One final reason to side with Boston in this match-up is that their record in interleague play is incredible. They are 13-3 in their last 16 IL road games.

Taking the mound for the Braves is Chuck James, who is just average at 5-6 and an ERA of 4.16 for the season. He is coming off a bad start against the Twins last week, giving up three homers and nine hits in less than five innings. James is looking to put that rough start out of his memory, but this contest with the powerful Red Sox is likely to leave him disappointed again. Atlanta is not competing well in interleague play, especially at home. They are 0-6 in their last six IL games in Atlanta vs. a winning team. Take the BoSox to add another win to their record today

Drew Gordon

Florida (+120) at CHI. WHITE SOX

147-123-4 over my L274 Freebies, incl. 21-10 over my L31 MLB Bonus Play releases!

Did oddsmakers confuse last year's White Sox team with this years? If Vegas wants to overestimate a team that's lost 17 of its last 21 games, struggling mightily at the plate, and starting a pitcher coming off one of his worst performances of the season... That's fine by me, as we grab the cash on the underdog Marlins tonight.

Granted, he's fresh off the DL and will be rusty, but let's not forget, Josh Johnson is arguablly the best pitcher in a Marlins uniform (other than Willis). He was 12-7 with a 3.10 ERA in 31 games (24 starts) last year, including 2-0 with a lockdown 2.77 ERA in 4 interleague starts!

He'll be opposed by the struggling Jose Contreras, who's 0-2 with a 5.29 ERA over his last 3 starts (all White Sox losses)... How the mighty have fallen! Guys, he allowed a whopping 7 runs (5 earned) over just 3 1/3 innings to the Phillies in his last start! Marlins offense may not be as strong as the Phillies, but its a hell of a lot better than the White Sox, that much is certain.

Bottom line, last year the White Sox behind Contreras would be a damn good bet, but this season, the opposite couldn't be more true. Florida takes advantage of a slumping Contreras, while Johnson gets back in the saddle against a terrible White Sox offense in this one.

Take Florida behind Johnson over the Chicago White Sox in this interleague match up

Cappers Watchdog (8-4-1 / +370)
MLB - Detroit Over (9.5) (-105)

============================
JIMMY BOYD / LOCKSMITH

MLB

1 Unit on NY Mets -155 (Listing Silva and Maine)

After getting embarrassed by the Yankees for the second time this season, we can expect the Mets to right some wrongs tonight at home against the Twins. Maine has been consistently good for the Mets all season while Silva has been less than impressive for the Twins. When Maine has gone down, it's been due to a lack of run support because not too many pitchers in baseball are touching his 3.05 ERA. The Mets kick it in gear tonight and take care of business at home

Tokens
Wagerline:
Arena Football-

Out of the top 50 Arena Football cappers, 39 have picks on the Chicago/Colorado game.

31 cappers, including those ranked #1,#3,#4, and #5, have picked Chicago -1.5, or -2.

WNBA-

Out of the top 50 cappers for the WNBA, 20 have made picks on the Detroit/Los Angeles game.

15 cappers, including those ranked #1,#2,#4, and #6, have picked Detroit -2

Mighty ! Quinn

Florida Marlins

Benjamin Lee Eckstein

St. Louis Cardinals

DARK HORSE

Washington +140 over Detroit

HUDDLE UP

Florida Johnson +105

#1 Sports

Tampa Bay Devil Rays + 170

EZ Winners

175-165
+71.0 units

1 STAR: (902) MILWAUKEE (-$133) over San Francisco
(Listing Gallardo only)
(Risking $133 to win $100)

1 STAR: (908) CLEVELAND (+$106) over Philadelphia
(Listing Lee only)
(Risking $100 to win $106)

1 STAR: UNDER 8 (-$110) Houston @ LA Angels
(Listing Sampson and Lackey)
(Risking $110 to win $100)

Tom Freese MLB 10 Star Pitching Mismatch Winner Monday:

Game: Philadelphia Phillies at Cleveland Indians Jun 18 2007 7:05PM

Reason: Philadelphia starter Cole Hamels is in awesome KW form with a 9-1 strikeout to walk ratio in his last 3 starts. Hamels has allowed 4 or less runs in 11 of his 14 starts. The Phillies are 8-1 in the last 9 starts made by Hamels this year. Cleveland starter Cliff Lee is off a phony win in his last start where he allowed twice as many baserunnners as innings pitched. The Indians have lost 4 of the last 5 starts made by Lee. 10* Play On Philadelphia - (Hamels vs. Lee)

Nelly's Sportsline

Florida (Johnson) + over Chicago (Contreras)
The White Sox have five fewer wins than Florida and have lost five of the last six games yet will be favored Monday night. Josh Johnson had a great 2006 season, with a 3.10 ERA and the Marlins were very patient with his return from the DL, so he will be ready to go today. Contreras has a 5.86 ERA at home this season the Sox are not hitting well enough to make up any kind of deficit.

Look for the Marlins to steal this match-up Monday night.

Scott Rickenbach's Players Advantage

1* (regular play) Colorado Crush (+3 -120) vs Chicago @ 10:00 ET

My best recommendation on playing this game is to buy the half point to a +3 if you can. Of course these lines do move quickly but as of Monday morning there were books posting this line at +2.5 for Colorado and allowing you to buy the half point to +3 -120. That is what I did and I suggest you do the same if you are able to. Now let's take a look at why the Crush should win this game outright over the Rush!
Even though Chicago won the earlier meeting between these teams that game really came down to turnovers. While the Rush protected the ball all game long the Crush lost the ball twice, once on a fumble and once on an interception. That was the key difference in the game as Colorado actually outgained Chicago that night. Tonight's game favors the Crush in a big way in our opinion. They get this game at home and they also have the added benefit of coming off of a bye week. This means the Crush have had plenty of time to bounce back from an ugly Monday night loss two weeks ago at Utah. Keep in mind that the Crush did outgain the Blaze by nearly two full AFL fields in that game but they were done in by turnovers.

Colorado's secondary normally does a fantastic job of forcing turnovers so these recent results we're speaking of are definitely the exception rather than the rule for the Crush. In fact, their secondary will be a key tonight as we look for Colorado DB Rashad Floyd to do a much better job on Chicago WR Bobby Sippio than what the Crush secondary did in the first match-up. Note that the Crush have a star receiver of their own that can also be used to create match-up problems. WR Damian Harrell is a tough match-up for any secondary! The Crush have not lost at home since the opening weekend of the season and that was a 2 point home loss. In other words, there is great value with getting a few points with Colorado on their home turf tonight.

Colorado will be fully prepared to bounce back in the Monday night spotlight as they have had two weeks of preparation time to prepare for this game. Of course, like most teams, when they are sloppy the Crush struggle. That is the key tonight as Colorado will be ready to execute an efficient game plan while protecting the ball and also forcing the Rush to turn the ball over. The extra preparation time plus the strong home field edge can not be overemphasized here.

The Rush could have clinched the Central Division with a win in this game coupled with a Kansas City loss but the Brigade did squeak by Nashville on Saturday. As for Colorado, they are playing for a better seed and a home playoff game plus they have revenge motivating them here. Although the Rush won by 23 points last week that only serves to give us line value here. The Rush were playing a weak Rampage team and yet Grand Rapids had 22 first downs to just 13 for Chicago. While the Rush are a solid team they are in the wrong place at the wrong time this week and the Crush will take advantage as they perform at their highest level in front of a national TV audience.

Play Colorado plus the points as regular selection.

R&R Totals

Over-Under Monday
Detroit @ Washington 7:05 PM EST

Play On: OVER THE TOTAL (Maroth/Chico) Listed Pitchers

Pure Lock

FLORIDA @ CHICAGO WHITE SOX 8:10 PM EST

PLAY ON: FLORIDA (JOHNSON/CONTRERAS) LISTED

BIG SHOW Handicapping

Cincinnati Reds ~vs~ Oakland Athletics

Oakland Athletics -178

Chris Copeland

Jun 18, 2007 7:05 PM EDT
Detroit Tigers vs. Washington Nationals (MLB)

Play: Washington Nationals

LT Profits

Minnesota Twins (145)
Mon Jun 18 '07 7:10p

Take Twins +145 to stun Mets & Maine

This is a tough spot for the New York Mets, coming back without a day off after losing two out of three to the rival Yankees, and with the American League again ruling in interleague play, the Minnesota Twins are a nice value dog here.

Besides, the Twins have been at their best in interleague play, as they are now 21-6 in their last 27 such contests. They have not faced the Mets since 2004, when they swept a three-game series from the New Yorkers in Minnesota. Twins starter Carlos Silva now has three Quality Starts in his last four outings, and he is coming off of a Complete Game shutout of the Atlanta Braves, also out of the National League East. He has never faced the Mets before, which is usually to the pitcher’s advantage.

Mets starter John Maine was the NL Pitcher of the Month for April, but he has been just average for the most part since then. In fact, the Mets as a team are just 1-5 in his last six starts, and he was not impressive in his last start while allowing four earned runs and seven hits, needing 108 pitches to last just 5.1 innings. Remember that Maine did very little when he was in the American League before finding some success with the Mets, and he lasted only 3.2 innings in his only career start vs. the Twins, allowing four earned runs on seven hits with three walks added in.

Finally, the Mets bullpen has just fallen apart after being so good last season and early this year, and they have now dropped out of the top 10 in the Major Leagues in pen ERA. Meanwhile the Twins rank sixth in the majors at 3.51, and they have one of the best closers in the game in Joe Nathan.

MLB Free Pick: Twins +145

PICKS BY GINA

Cincinnati Reds (27-43) at Oakland Athletics (37-31)
(R) Kyle Lohse (3-8) vs. (R) Joe Blanton (6-4)

Cincinnati’s right-hander Kyle Lohse (3-8, 4.30), gave up four runs over seven innings in a 6-3 defeat to the Angels last Wednesday. Lohse is 2-5 with a 5.21 ERA in eight starts on the road. He is 1-2 with a 4.98 ERA in six career starts against the Athletics.

Oakland's right-hander Joe Blanton (6-4, 3.62 ERA) allowed three runs over seven innings, in a 7-3 win against the Astros in his last start on Wednesday. Blanton is 2-2 with a 1.91 ERA in six starts at home. He has never faced the Reds.

The Reds are rock bottom in the National League, just 27-43 thus far this season. Cincinnati has dropped four of their last 5 games, four of its last 5 on the road, while the A’s have won eleven of their last 15 games and six of its last nine at home.

Go with the A’s to grab their seventh straight win over the struggling Reds. Cincinnati has lost eight of Lohse's last 10 starts.

Oakland Athletics - 175

COMPUTER PICKS

BEST BET
10:05 p.m. Houston at LA Angels Los Angeles Angels - 200 * * *

7:05 p.m. Boston at Atlanta Boston Red Sox - 135
7:05 p.m. Detroit at Washington Detroit Tigers - 150

Rocky Atkinson

ARI -1.5 (+105) vs TAM

Play On: 1* Arizona -1 1/2 +105 (Jackson/Hernandez) Listed

Arizona is 6-1 when playing on Monday this year. Tampa Bay has lost 4 of their last 5 games overall while Arizona has won 3 in a row. Tampa Bay bullpen is very poor with a 5.75 ERA overall and a 6.95 ERA on the road this year. Jackson is 0-8 with a 8.20 ERA overall this year, 0-3 with a 6.07 ERA on the road and 0-2 with a 13.04 ERA his last 3 starts. Hernandez is 3-0 with a 2.66 ERA at home this year. We'll recommend a small play on Arizona tonight! Thanks and good luck, Rocky

Greg Shaker

STL / 913 KAN Over 9.5

Analysis: There are a couple of things happening with the St Louis Cardinals lately. They are heating up the offense for one with a zillion runs scored over recent games including 25 verses the very good Oakland throwing staff over the last two. They are striking the ball at a very large rate over the past 10 as well with a team batting overage over the .300 mark during this timeframe and specifically verses Southpaws at .327. The other thing that is happening is that they are not getting good work from the second line throwers with the Pen allowing close to 8.5 runs per 9 innings in the last 10 played. That is probaby a good combination tonight as they face a lefty that has been less than stellar away from KC and one that they already tagged for 6 runs on 10 hits in 3 innings of work just a few days ago. The Cardinals also had great success verses Odalis last year and have done the same whenever they face the lefty. St Louis has scored 42 runs in 37.2 innings of work by Perez and the easy math puts us in a great situation tonight if history continues to hold true. The Royals are also having similar success with their offensive prowess, also batting over .300 last 10. They did not do so well verses Wainwright in the previous game this year but they have had the chance to look at him. That should prove to be at their advantage with that look being so recent. These two teams will play tonight with pretty good favorable weather conditions. When these fellas play each other we usually see some fireworks and the fact is, they have played OVER this posted total the last 6 of 7, and the last 11 of 13. With both squads being involved in very high scoring contests recently, we should expect both Pens to be somewhat weary as well. Betting Totals is all about probability and most all probables point to OVER tonight.

Las Vegas Money Moves

Cleveland Indians
Arizona Diamondbacks

Philadelphia Wiseguys

Florida Marlins

<!-- / message -->
<!-- / message -->

<!-- / message -->
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
Series info from Raymond

BEGINNING MONDAY JUNE 18

San Francisco at Milwaukee (3) 18th, 19th, 20th

We’ve backed away from the Brewers over the past several weeks after using them a lot in April. But they’ve got a solid record against lefthanders, particularly here at Miller Park (10-3, +$610), and they might be available at a decent price when the visiting Giants start one of their southpaws. PREFERRED: Brewers vs. lefthanders.

Boston at Atlanta (3) 18th, 19th, 20th

AS we noted earlier, the Red Sox are a tremendous value against the NL, and they did take 2 out of 3 from this team at Fenway Park last month. Boston is 17-6 (+$1290) on the road vs. righthanders, while the Braves are overall losers here at Turner Field (-$440). In addition, the Atlanta starting rotation has not looked very sharp in recent days (6.07 ERA last 11). PREFERRED: Red Sox in all games.

Detroit at Washington (3) 18th, 19th, 20th

The Nationals have posted a fat profit against lefthanders this year (+$820 overall, with 5.3 runs per game at night) and the Detroit southpaws have been struggling. Nate Robertson has landed on the DL, but Mike Maroth should be available, and despite leading his team to wins in 8 of his 11 starts, his ERA is far from impressive (5.29). PREFERRED: Nationals vs. Maroth.

Philadelphia at Cleveland (3) 18th, 19th, 20th

Impossible to go against the Indians here at Jacobs Field (21-7, +$1105 so far in 2007), but the Phillies are tough on righthanders (+$745 with 5.6 runs per game) so caution is advised. Jeremy Sowers has been sent down, C.C. Sabathia is not expected to start, and we’re not interested in Cliff Lee (6.31 ERA). PREFERRED: None.

Minnesota at N.Y. Mets (3) 18th, 19th, 20th

The Twins don’t inspire much confidence, so even though the Mets have had problems here at Shea Stadium we’re not interested. NY has solid run production vs. lefthanders (5.4 per game) and they might be available at a decent price when hard luck ace Johan Santana (-$835) is on the hill. PREFERRED: Mets vs. J. Santana.

Florida at Chicago W. Sox (3) 18th, 19th, 20th

The White Sox can’t score runs and they’ve been a losing proposition here at U.S. Cellular this season

(-$505). The Marlins have been an excellent value on in road night games (14-9, +$900) and the first two contests in this series are scheduled to take place in the evening. PREFERRED: Marlins in night games.

Kansas City at St. Louis (3) 18th, 19th, 20th

The Royals are a very good proposition in road games against righthanders (+$590) and they’ll catch some decent underdog prices here at Busch Stadium. Gil Meche continues to put together quality starts (3.17 ERA in 14 tries) and the Cardinals are bad bet in home games (only 14-16, -$690 so far). PREFERRED: Meche.

Tampa Bay at Arizona (3) 18th, 19th, 20th

The D’Backs are big moneymakers against righthanders this year (29-18, +$1025) but they’ve not fared well vs. lefties here at Chase Field (-$385 so far). The Devil Rays, on the other hand, have lost money vs. righties (-$300) but they are in the black vs. southpaws (+$350 with 5.1 runs per game). PREFERRED: Diamondbacks when righty meets righty/Devil Rays when lefty meets lefty.

Cincinnati at Oakland (3) 18th, 19th, 20th

If the Reds could win a ballgame once in a while (25-39, -$1630 in 2007) we’d be interested in them as underdogs in this series. Prices will be very high, and the Reds’ all-righty rotation might fare well vs. an A’s team that has struggled vs. righties at home (-$460 with only 2.6 runs per game). But we’ll pass for now. PREFERRED: None.

Houston at L.A. Angels (3) 18th, 19th, 20th

The Astros have been a major disappointment this year (-$1345) and they’ll be hard pressed to make much headway against the red-hot Angels, who currently hold a 19-5 (+$1110) record vs. righthanders in this ballpark. None of the starters in the Houston rotation give us much cause for concern. PREFERRED: Angels vs. righthanders.

BEGINNING TUESDAY JUNE 19

L.A. Dodgers at Toronto (3) 19th, 20th, 21st

These teams battled it out in LA last week, with Toronto taking 2 out of 3 (+$140). The Blue Jays have excellent numbers against lefthanders here at Rogers Centre (9-2, +$735) but they are awful in home games vs. righthanders (9-14, -$805). Similarly, the Dodgers are 8-2 (+$600) on the road against lefties, but only 9-14 (-$505) on the road against righties. We’ll play this series accordingly. PREFERRED: Righthanders vs. lefthanders.

Chicago Cubs at Texas (3) 19th, 20th, 21st

The Cubs have performed very well against righthanders away from the confines of Wrigley Field (13-10, +$410) and get a chance to close the gap in the NL Central by fattening up on the hapless Rangers, a team with a 5.47 team ERA, and money losses of -$1365 already this year. PREFERRED: Cubs vs. righthanders.

N.Y. Yankees at Colorado (3) 19th, 20th, 21st

The Yankees are beginning to click on all cylinders (8-2, +$640 with 7.4 runs per game last 10 days) and it’s hard to bet against a team like this when they are on a roll. They’ll no doubt be favored throughout, but might be worth taking a shot when Andy Pettitte (3.18 ERA in 13 starts) takes his turn. The home town Rockies are only 6-11 (-$590) vs. lefthanders this season, averaging a measly 3.7 runs per game in those contests. PREFERRED: Pettitte.

Baltimore at San Diego (3) 19th, 20th, 21st

The Orioles are in the red outside of Camden Yards (-$545) and they’ll have a tough time at Petco Park taking on the premier pitching staff in MLB (SD 3.00 ERA). The Padres are toughest against lefthanders in this ballpark (6-1, +$485) and the Baltimore southpaws are adequate at best. PREFERRED: Padres vs. lefthanders.

Pittsburgh at Seattle (3) 19th, 20th, 21st

The Mariners have emerged as bona fide playoff contenders (8-2, +$590 last 10 days) and that 12-3 (+$1205) record vs. lefthanders means they’ll be a solid proposition vs. a mediocre NL club with three southpaws in the starting rotation. We’ll lay the high prices in this one. PREFERRED: Mariners vs. lefthanders.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Tokens
FPBE Free Picks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matty O'Shea - DET -152
Ben Burns - PHI -125
Greg Shaker - KC/STL over 9.5
Bryan Leonard - MIL -135
Rocky Atkinson - AZ -1.5, +105
Larry Ness - DET/WAS over 9.5

Trev Rogers

Marlins vs. White Sox Over 9

Tokens
larry ness

Larry Ness

Las Vegas Insider
My Las Vegas Insider is on the Mil Brewers at 8:05 ET. The Brewers opened 24-10 this season but have since struggled. Justin Verlander no-hit them last Tuesday but that game has seemingly given the team a spark. Milwaukee fell behind Minnesota 9-2 on Sunday but rallied to tie the game, before losing in the bottom of the ninth. However, that makes them 4-1 since being no-hit, while averaging a robust 6.8 RPG. They return home tonight, where they are an NL-best 22-12. Chris Capuano has been placed on the DL and the team's top pitching prospect, Yovani Gallardo, was called up from Triple-A Nashville and will be making his first major league start. Gallardo, a 21-year-old right-hander, was 8-3 with a 2.90 ERA in 13 starts for Nashville. In 77.2 innings, he was leading all of minor league baseball with 110 strikeouts. He'll face a San Francisco team that's lost four straight and is just 6-16 since May 25. Against right-handed starters TY, the Giants are 20-28 (minus-$925), averaging just 4.1 RPG. SF will go with lefty Noah Lowry, who is looking to win back-to-back starts for the first time since his four-start win streak April 19-May 5. He's 2-3 with a 4.00 ERA in seven starts since that run (team is 3-4). Lowry is 1-4 with a 4.21 ERA in six road starts TY (team is 2-4), which is consistent with his 5.21 ERA in 33 road starts from 2004-06 (Giants are 15-18). Lowry will face a Milwaukee team that's 10-3 (plus-$610) vs lefties at Miller park this year, including an 8-2 mark (averaging 5.6 RPG) in night games! Las Vegas Insider on the Mil Brewers.

Tokens
Billy Coleman

3* Red Sox

WNBA - 4* Detroit -2x

Arena - 3* Colorado +1x

Confirmed

Will Cover: 3* Bosox

Monday Comps.

Sebastian-Arizona
Winner Line-Angels
Carolina Sports-OVER Oakland
OTM-OVER Oakland
Computer Boys-Arizona
Feiner-Philadelphia
All Star Sports-Milwaukee

Tokens
Well bookiecookie has been doing well but lloyd823679 post his plays and he has not posted today we will have to see if he will post today.

Tony ohio has had some good days as well and root been ok.

BB

Tokens
Frank Rosenthal

MONDAY, JUNE 18, 2007

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL
902 BREWERS-130 SB
903 BOSOX-140 SB
909 TWINS+150 SB
912 CWS-130 SB
OVER 9 SB+

MR. A

Monday June 18th, 2007, 7:05 PM EST.

Boston's (R) Curt Schilling

Boston Red Sox (44-24) at Atlanta Braves (37-33)
(R) Curt Schilling (6-3) vs. (L) Chuck James (5-6) )

Boston sends Curt Schilling (6-3, 3.80 ERA) to the hill tonight. The right-hander allowed six runs and nine hits over five innings in a 12-2 loss to Colorado last Wednesday. Schilling is 10-3 with a 2.47 ERA in 18 starts against Atlanta since 1998. The Red Sox are 4-1 in Schilling's last 5 starts on the road.
Atlanta counters with Chuck James (5-6, 4.16). The left-hander allowed six runs and nine over 4 1/3 innings in a 6-0 loss to Minnesota on Wednesday. James is 1-3 with a 3.08 ERA. at home. He has never faced Boston.
Boston has been successful in interleague play. The Red Sox are 40-12 in their last 52 interleague games, 13-3 in their last 16 on the road. Meanwhile, the Braves have lost five of their last 7 interleague games.

Take the Red Sox. Boston has won six of the last 7 meetings versus Atlanta and four of the last five at Turner Field. Plus, the Red Sox are 4-1 in Schilling’s last 5 road starts and 6-1 in his last 7 interleague starts.

Tokens
Bobby Bo
Monday, June 18, 2007

Sport:MLB
Game: KC vs St louis
Prediction: Over 9.5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frank Patron
Date:Monday, June 18, 2007

Game: Oakland @ Cinn.
Prediction: Oakland-160
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Jacobs
Monday, June 18, 2007
Game: Whitesox vs Marlins
Prediction: 4* UNDER

Nelly's Sportsline

Florida (Johnson) + over Chicago (Contreras)
The White Sox have five fewer wins than Florida and have lost five of the last six games yet will be favored Monday night. Josh Johnson had a great 2006 season, with a 3.10 ERA and the Marlins were very patient with his return from the DL, so he will be ready to go today. Contreras has a 5.86 ERA at home this season the Sox are not hitting well enough to make up any kind of deficit.

Look for the Marlins to steal this match-up Monday night.
========================================
Steve Merril
MILWAUKEE -135 (Gallardo) – 8:05 pm ET #902

The Giants are ice cold and were swept at Boston this past weekend and have now lost nine of their past twelve games. Meanwhile, it appears the Brewers are getting back on track and have won four of their past five games.

Look for this current form to continue tonight as highly touted Milwaukee rookie Yovani Gallardo will make his Major League debut. Gallardo was fantastic at AAA Nashville this season with a 2.90 ERA and a 1.043 WHIP (walks + hits per innings pitched) in thirteen starts with a powerful 110-28 strikeout/walk ratio. Gallardo has a solid fastball in the low 90’s and also mixes things up well with a strong curveball and changeup that should keep the Giants guessing tonight.

Milwaukee should also have plenty of offensive success against left-handed San Francisco starter Nick Lowry as the Brewers have been much stronger at home this season versus southpaws. Milwaukee is averaging 5.8 runs per nine innings and batting .310 at home versus LHP, compared to just 4.9 runs and .257 versus RHP.

Tokens
Culver baseball Monday (6/18/07)

Nationals +134
Twins +158
Marlins +121
Royals +152
Devil Rays +163
Reds +170
Astros +195

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayzalfatima1993
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com