Wednesday Service PLAYS 6/20

Search
Tokens
Larry Ness
15* IL Underdog GOW
Colorado Rockies
Larry Ness' 15* IL Underdog GOW (59-16 TY!)
Guaranteed Pick: Larry Ness

Game: New York Yankees at Colorado Rockies Jun 20 2007 9:05PM
Prediction: Colorado Rockies
Reason: Andy Pettitte has pitched well for the Yankees this year with a 2.93 ERA in 14 starts but the team is just 7-7 (minus-$353) in those starts. Tonight, Pettitte will try to win two straight starts for the first time this year. He won for the first time since May 23 in his last outing, allowing one run and four hits in eight innings to defeat Arizona 7-1 last Thursday. The Yankees have been winning lately, despite Tuesday's 3-1 loss to Colorado. New York was a season-high eight games below .500 on May 29 but has since gone 14-4. However, Colorado is playing even better. The Rockies, who have won a club record-tying five straight series, were nine games below .500 on May 21 but improved to 18-7 since then with Tuesday's victory. Jeff Francis opened the year with two excellent starts (2.84 ERA as the team won both) but then lost four straight games (7.99 ERA). However, he's gone 5-1 with a 1.93 ERA in his last eight starts (team is 6-2), allowing two ERs or less, SEVEN times. Meanwhile, Pettitte was roughed up in his only visit to Denver on June 19, 2002, in his first stint with New York. He allowed eight runs and eight hits (including two home runs) while walking three and failing to record a strikeout in 3.1 innings. Neither team has fared well against lefties this year but the Yankees check in at a DREADFUL 1-7 (minus-$860) against left-handers in road games. Once again, the Yankees are overpriced and I'll ride the red-hot Francis. IL Underdog GOW 15* Col Rockies.

confirmed

Stu Feiner
1000 DIME Diamond Best Bet ....CLEVELAND INDIANS (Run Line -1.5)

500 DIME Diamond No Brainer....OVER Pirates-Mariners

200 DIME Diamond No Brainer....LAA ANGELS (Run Line -1.5)

Chris Jordan
400? YANKEES
100? PADRES RUN LINE

Drew Gordon

1. 200,000? Red Sox

2. 100,000? Royals

3. 100,000? Rockies

The Wunderdog
Game: Tampa Bay at Arizona (3:40 PM Eastern)
Pick: Tampa Bay -106

The D-Rays pen let another get away last night. One of the reasons Shields has had success for Tampa Bay is because he pitches deep into games and limits the exposure of the Rays middle relief. Shields has completed seven innings in 10 of his last 11 starts and has pitched an average of just shy of eight innings in those 11 starts. It is the difference between him and Kazmir, both quality starters. But the fact he pitches deep into games is why he is 6-1 because the D-Rays can swing the bats. Micah Owings has pitched better on the road than at home, where the D-Backs are just 2-4 in games he has appeared in. The odds-makers are speaking loud here as the D-Rays are an ever so slight favorite on the road vs. a decent team, and we agree.

Trev Rogers
D'Backs -105
D-Rays/D'Backs Under 9
Dodgers/B.Jays Under 8
Twins/Mets Over 8.5
Braves +117

Larry Ness
Daytime Delight:
Milwaukee Brewers

Vegas Experts
Minnesota Twins at New York Mets

Santana threw a shutout last night but before that the Twins used up their pen in allowing 33 runs in four games. Starter Baker has an 11.47 ERA his last three as he prepares to work vs. a Mets' lineup capable of scoring runs in bunches. The METS pen has struggled in June and the team is 18-8 OVER after having lost 5 or 6 of their last 7 games over the last 2 seasons while starter PEREZ is 13-3 OVER at home when the total is 7 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)

Play on: Over

Michael Cannon
Money Train

30 Dime
A’s -1 ½ Run Line

5 Dime
Royals
Cubs

Mighty ! Quinn
Kansas City Royals

Dave Cokin
(919) KC Royals
(920) STL Cardinals

Take "(919) KC Royals"

Gil Meche has thus far provided a nice return on the big investment the Royals made in him. His W/L record isn't indicative of how well he's pitched, and Meche is in very solid form coming into this game. Todd Wellemeyer has proven it's sometimes better to be lucky than good. The Cardinals have won all four of his starts to date. But the fact is that Wellemeyer has been terrible in this stretch, allowing just under two baserunners per inning and walking way too many hitters. Eeventually, that stuff has to catch up and I think it might just happen tonight. I'm taking Meche and the Royals in this one.

Michael Cannon Goes 3-0 on Paid Picks, Interleague Game of Year on Oakland

Michael Cannon Money Train
Wednesday's Plays:

30 Dime –

A’s -1 ½ RUN LINE (With Belisle and Haren as listed pitchers)
Take the A’s on the run line today over the Reds.
This is a great spot to cash in on the A’s as they will send one of their best pitchers to the mound in Dan Haren. Their loss last night was the wake up call they needed and I expect them to bounce back in full force today.
Haren is 4-0 with a 1.47 ERA over his last five starts. He’s been consistently great all season long, going 8-2 with a 1.64 ERA in 15 games. I can’t see the Reds getting to him today, or holding the A’s offense down for that matter.
That’s because the Reds will send Matt Belisle to the hill and he’s been knocked around over his last three starts, going 0-1 with a 7.64 ERA. Belisle isn’t half the pitcher Haren is, and he’ll have to pitch out of his mind to even keep the Reds in this game.
There’s no way the Reds win this series on the road, not a chance.
There’s no way they’re going to stay close in this game, either.
With that, take the A’s on the run line as they cruise to an easy win.

5 Dime –

ROYALS (With Meche and Wellemeyer as listed pitchers)
Take the Royals for the road win over the Cardinals.
Gil Meche will start for Kansas City and he’s been a victim of poor run support.
I see that changing tonight, however.
St. Louis will start Todd Wellemeyer and his numbers are less than flattering this year. The right-hander is 2-1 with a 7.03 ERA in 39 2-3 innings this year. He’s allowed 54 hits and 23 walks over that span for an astronomical 1.84 WHIP. Over his last three games, Wellemeyer is 0-2 with an 11.12 ERA.
Meche has been consistent all season long, but doesn’t have the record to show for it. He’s 4-6 on the year but sports a 3.00 ERA in 15 games. He pitched a gem his last time out, going eight innings and allowing only one earned run on six hits in the Royals 6-2 win over the Marlins on Friday.
Kansas City should be able to plate enough runs for Meche tonight off Wellemeyer, so take the Royals for the road win.

CUBS (With Marquis and Loe as listed pitchers)
Take the Cubs again for the road win over the Rangers.
I hit the Cubbies as a 20 Dime winner last night and I’m coming right back with them again tonight.
The Rangers are a complete mess right now and Cubs starter Jason Marquis has a chance to right the ship against them.
After a stellar start to the season, Marquis has hit the wall and hasn’t posted a win since May 9. He has received little to no run support lately, and when he’s gotten support the bullpen has blown the lead.
That shouldn’t happen tonight against Kameron Loe. The right-hander pitched a gem his last time out against the Pirates, but that was more of a case of the bind squirrel finding the nut.
Loe is 2-6 on the year with a 6.56 ERA in 16 games this year. Even with the gem he tossed in his last start, Loe is still just 1-3 with a 7.07 ERA over his last five starts.
Take the Cubs as they grab the road win again over the Rangers.

Bonus Play: PIRATES

The top 2 WNBA cappers agree on Los Angeles -2 and Detroit -1.5.
#1 BADGUY 83-42-2
#2 wgocts 77-40-3

will-thug
member since 4/5/2007
Survivor Pick Record: 21-20-0
(WNBA record = 10-2 and he has won 7 WNBA games in a row))
Wed = WNBA Detroit

!ALERT!

There is a service making its way around all of the forums posting guarantees and other boiler room bullshit. They suck! I watched them go 1-3 last night after guaranteeing a 4-0 night. The sad part of the story is the fact that people followed them and are now bitching on the forum. People, 10% of the services in this business are good and legit. The remaining 90% need to be faded!

The capper/service is called Moneymaker. I have seen them posted as $maker also.

Here is their Wednesday card. !Beware! They went 1-3 last night.

SF @ 2:05 pm
KC @ 8:10 pm
TB @ 3:40 pm
TOR @ 7:05 pm

EZ Winners
179-168 +73.05 units

1 SF +127
1 Houston +165

Ness Day Del - Milw ML

Trev Rogers-

1. D-backs -105

2. D-Rays vs. D-backs Under 9

3. Dodgers vs. B-Jays Under 8

4. Twins vs. Mets Over 8.5

5. Braves +117

Billy Coleman

4* over pitts
4* Under Houston
3* Yankees
3* Under baltimore

4* in the WNBA on the Under in the LA/Houston game..

Ness Larry Ness' Wipeout Wednesday Total (14-2 88% TY!)
Guaranteed Pick: Larry Ness

Game: Pittsburgh Pirates at Seattle Mariners Jun 20 2007 10:05PM
Prediction: over
Reason: I went 'over' in this game last night and came up a run short but that will not deter me from coming right back with another 'over play' here. In fact, the matchups are slightly better, this time around. Maholm is not nearly the pitcher Gorzelanny is and then of course, we all know about Jeff Weaver. Please don't tell me he's "looked better" since returning from the DL (right shoulder tendinitis). How could he look worse? In his first six starts, he allowed 50 hits and 35 ERs in only 22 innings, for an ERA of 14.32. Yes he's after shown some improvement since being activated June 9, yielding four earned runs over 10 innings in two outings while not recording a decision, but come on? He's now allowed 62 hits in 32 innings with a 10.97 ERA on the year (eight starts). As for Maholm of Pittsburgh, he's 3-9 with a 5.00 ERA in 14 starts this year. That includes a 5.51 road ERA in six starts (5-1 to the Over!), not much better than the 6.25 road ERA he posted in 15 starts last year. Seattle's bats have been somewhat quiet as of late but the team is still 13-6 (plus-$965), while averaging 5.1 RPG this year vs lefties. Wipeout Wednesday Total on Pit/Sea Over.

confirmed

Professional Plays
YTD = 38-22
Plays rated 1-5 Units

3 units on Toronto -1.5 (+125)
----------------------------------------
Bob Balfe

YTD = 72-62

MLB
Philadelphia +180
Panhandle Sports Insider
YTD = 61-27

MLB
San Francisco +130
Pittsburgh +113

Russ Culver Part I +14.02u ytd bases

Marlins +122
Reds +230

TRIPLE CROWN SPORTS

Pitt./Seatle over

FPBE Free Picks

Jeff Bonds - SF/MIL over 8.5
Matty O'Shea - SD -145
Ben Burns - LAA -180
Greg Shaker - DET/WAS over 9.5
Bryan Leonard - FLA +118
Tony George - KC/STL under 9.5
Larry Ness - SD -145

Scott Spreitzer's 25* Wednesday Night IL Blowout! -- 4-1, 80%!

I'm laying the price with the Cubs on Wednesday. We have another chance to play against Kameron Loe. The Rangers are just 3-10 in his last 13 starts overall, and they've lost four straight home starts by the righty. Loe is coming off a solid outing, but has followed his few decent starts with a clunker each time. Before his last start, Loe had made just three quality starts. He followed those games with a team-loss each time, allowing 16 ER & 31 BR in just 17 2/3 IP. That's an 8.14 ERA & 1.75 WHIP! In 10 home appearances this season (7 starts) Loe has been lit up for a 7.07 ERA and a .313 BAA. I expect Loe to struggle again today. The Cubs are 10-6 in June and they're a healthy 5-2 in IL action this season. Meanwhile, the Rangers are now 10-23 against teams with a losing record, they're 18-32 (-12.4 units) against right-handed starters, and they're 0-10 on Wednesdays. Cubbie righty Jason Marquis owns a solid 2.95 ERA & 1.29 WHIP in seven road starts this season and should have little trouble tonight. We'll back the Cubs, our 25* release on Wednesday.

Wed. Comps

Sebastian-Cubs
Winner Line-Seattle
OTM-Yankees
Computer Boys-White Sox
Feiner-OVER Tigers
Kevin Carr-Over orioles

Chris Jordan
2-0 Sweep tonight ...

400? YANKEES (LIST Pettitte and Francis) - Forget the Run Line on this one, I am laying the juice. The Yankees are playing incredible baseball right now, and the last time we saw them struggle offensively - last Friday with Clemens aboard versus the Mets - they turned it on at the plate and put an 11-spot on their cross-town rival.

I'll side with Andy Pettitte, who no doubt remember his only visit to Denver. The crafty southpaw is 2-0 with a 2.29 ERA in three career starts against Colorado, but was tagged pretty good in Denver in 2002, in his first stint with New York. Pettitte allowed eight runs and eight hits - including a pair of dongs - while walking three and failing to record a strikeout in 3-2/3 innings. But get this, the Bombers took care of him with a 20-10 win over the Rockies.

Remember, this is a team that was a season-high eight games below .500 on May 29, but has since gone 14-4 and trails first-place Boston by nine games in the AL East. New York is 5-2 all-time against the Rockies, and tonight we'll see a duplicate performance as it showed us after getting stymied by the Mets. Easy win by the Yanks here.

100? PADRES RUN LINE (LIST Germano and Guthrie) - The Orioles have lost nine straight, their organization is in disarray, and just like yesterday with the Padres as my top play, we'll lay the run and a half with Justin Germano toeing the rubber for us.

The right-hander is 5-0 in seven starts since being promoted from Triple-A Portland on May 8 to replace then-injured Clay Hensley. Now he gets to face a team that lost for the 14th time in 16 games and for the first time under interim manager Dave Trembley last night, 12-6.

I know Jeremy Guthrie has been solid for Baltimore this season, but San Diego has scored 23 runs in its last two games after scoring one in each of its previous two contests. Factor that with the fact the Padres lead the majors in overall ERA (2.97) and at home (2.46), that gives us a blowout win here as well.

Tokens
Totals 4 U

Top Plays
TB UNDER 9
Atl OVER 10
LAA UNDER 9
Reg Plays
SF OVER 8-
LAD UNDER 8-
KC UNDER 9-
SD OVER 7

young guns
4* under philadelphia
3* over baltimore

SportsBettingSolutions

Milwaukee
Detroit-1.5
Houston over
Colorado

Tokens
Alex Anthony:
> MLB EARLY
> 7.7 UNITS TO WIN 7 UNITS---MARLINS/WHITE SOX UNDER 9.5 RUNS
> LATE GAMES------9.55 UNITS TO WIN 5 UNITS---METS-191
> 8.85 UNITS TO WIN 5 UNITS---TIGERS-177
> 8.5 UNITS TO WIN 5 UNITS---BLUE JAYS-170
>
> johnny vegas:
> 3 units---blue jays------3 units---yankees------3 units---angels
>
> Mark johnson:
> 2 units--mets
>
> Mike holliday:
> 5 units--blue jays
>
> jwill:
> 7 UNITS--- Milwaukee Brewers -130
> 4 UNITS--- Detroit Tigers -170
> 3 UNITS--- LA Angels -171, Cincinnati Reds +228

Tokens
IC: June 20th (521/849)
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Another card of 7 plays. 4-3 yesterday. 5 of 8 good days.
Lynx +8.5 (Diamond)

Great line here for Minny as I have them at a 40% of winning game this outright much like the Sky from the other night. Sure Minny has 3 wins but 2 of those wins have come on back to back wins over the Sun in overtime and the Sparks. Keep in mind this young team was 0-7 at one point only to start playing very well of late as the young crew of Harding, Augustus and Ohlde are meshing very well. Take a look at their last game, each starter had between 11 to 16 points in a well balanced and solid attack. Minny is on a good trend upwards covering their 4 of 5 as this team is exactly like the Sky with respect to being undervalued here. San Antonio is being a bit overvalued at home here I think as they have lost 3 of their last 5 and 2 of their last 3. Give this team some credit, they did beat New York at home, but that was with a relatively short line opening as the line got hammered upwards. Lynx are 4-0 against teams with a straight up winnin record.

Mercury/Mystics Under 164.5

This line is going up after the open of 162.5 and I think it is moving in the wrong direction. It takes a lot for 2 teams to put up over a 160 points, let it be 162.5 points. The last time, these 2 teams met, the total was 155 for Washington. I think the same score happens for this game except it is in reverse as Phoenix gets some revenge. However, both teams will have to shoot at a ridiculous pace for this game to go over and Washington typically struggles on the road scoring 69 and 66 in their last 2 games. Phoenix has played the under 3 out of 4 games and they are not an over-ridden team as many think as they are 6-6 on the year as oddsmakers have averaged out their overs/unders. The uner is 4-1 for the Mystics after a straight up loss and the under is 4-0 for the Mercury following a ATS win while Silver Stars are 2-5-1 ATS as a favorite. In short, getting 8.5 points with a team that can win outright is something definitely worth looking into and a standard play.

A's Run-Line -106

Liked this play yesterday and like it more coming off an A's Loss. The A's are 11-4 when Haren is on the mound and he has a 8-2 record with a 1.64 ERA. Frankly, I think he and Lackey are 2 of the primary front runners for this year's cy young. Belisle is 5-5 with a 4.95 ERA. Baseball is all about matchups and situations come into play and the A's don't lose often and when they do lose, taking them on a bounce-back is a solid idea. Belisle can get hit hard after a great beginning as he has given up 10 hits in 4 of his last 7 starts and in at least 5 of those starts he has given up 4 runs or more and considering he averages somewhere around 5 2/3 innings, this is not too impressive. Haren on the contrary has given up 2 runs or less in each of his last 7 starts, goes at least 7 innings in those starts and has given up 8 earned runs in those 7 starts.

Mets Run-Line +110

It seems that these 2 teams don't plan on playin close games. First the Mets destroyed the Twins, the Twins were embarassed and destroyed the Mets 9-0 and hopefully it is the Mets turn to re-destroy them tomorrow. Perez takes the mound and he is 4-2 with a 3 ERA. What worries me is that the Mets have been less than invincible lately, but Scott Baker is not striking the fear of God into anybody as in his last 3 starts, he has given up 17 earned runs and 25 hits. Perez is not lights out, but the Twins can make any pitcher seem like an all star such as their shockin loss to Speigner of the Nationals when Santana was on the mound. What else is new with this unpredictable team similar to the Astros of the National League. Mets off the rebound, embarassing loss, Perez on the mound and Baker a liability for the Twins. Seems like a good spot here for the Muts. Mets are 5-1 in their last home games and are 6-1 with Bell behind home plate.

Padres -145

Germano on the mound. I've ridden him a ton of times this season as you are aware and he is 5-0 on the year with a 2.36ERA. Problem is that Guthrie has bene just as good with a 2-1 and a 1.71 ERA. The difference? Germano plays for a major league team and Guthrie plays for the O's who are struggling terribly. Baltimore has lost 9 in a row and 14 of their last 16 as changing managers is not going to help. This team is much like the Tigers over, something that can be played every day with over a 60% of success, standard play or run-line. This game could be decided by 1 run though so for that reason, I'm going to lay the juice. Orioles have lost their last 8 interleague games, 0-6 against righties of interleague play and 2-9 against pitchers with a WHIP of less than 1.15. Padres have won 4 of 5 and are 5-1 in Germano's last 6 starts. I can't tell you how the Orioles will lose this game as Guthrie has pitched great and given up 13 hits but the O's have managed to mess up all of those performances with little to no hitting and they lost all 3 games. Somehow, someway, the O's lose this game as it seems this team is cursed this season.

Pirates +113

Jeff Waever is on the mound. I think this might be the 15th time I have faded Weaver over the last few years and to get him at this fade price is nice. How often do you see a 0-6 pitcher with a 10.97 ERA favored with a 0-2 record 18.48 home ERA. People continue to think each time that Weaver is going to get better and have a magic makeover. why? The Mariners are 1-7 when he is on the mound. He has been getting progressively worse every year. Only reason why he is still pitching is b/c Scoscia used to be his coach with the Angels and is showing some loyalty here. Weaver is pitching better of late, but he goes no more than 6 innings on a good outing, and even against the Cubs he gave up 10 hits. I think a good young team like the Pirates will enjoy themselves against him. No, Malhom is not amazing and this game is likely to go over, but I will take him and the Pirates against Weaver any day. Mariners have lost their last 5, Pirates are 4-1 in their last 5.

Detroit/Washington Over 9.5

Another day, another Tiger over. This team all by themselves reaches the overs and they do it quickly. It seems that they can just explode like they did for 5 runs the other day or even 6 runs the day before. This team is scoring 6.16 runs per game. This is the greatest offense in baseball right now and the best offense that I have seen in my lifetime. They put up runs and overs with the best of them and this is the classic ideal of following a trend. Another 9.5 run total, another over to be taken. This team is 39-23 when it comes to overs this year. I gave you a ridiculous stat on their over totals yesterday. They have put up 25 runs against Nationals pitching over the last 2 days and given up 9 runs. The Nats were embarassed yesterday and I think they get back on track against Bonderman as even though he is winning, he has been less than perfect giving up 10 runs and 17 hits in his last 2 starts. Bacsik is likely to be in for a long day if he had a tough time against the Blue Jays and Twins lineup giving up 18 hits and 6 earned runs in just over 9 innings. Over is 8-0 when Bonderman is a favorite, over is 7-1-1 when Tigers face a lefty, over is 7-0 against a team with a losing record and over is 5-1 in the Nats last 6 games and an over umpire is behind the plate as well.

That's what I got today folks, good luck today.
ic
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
Indiancowboy

Ryan

Platinum Plays
YOUR COMPLIMENTARY PICK for WEDNESDAY
MLB: Los Angeles Dodgers & Toronto Blue Jays Under 8½ Runs

Razor Sharp
YOUR FREE WINNER FOR WEDNESDAY:
KANSAS CITY/ST LOUIS UNDER the total of 9½

Totals4U
WEDNESDAY'S FREE WINNER:
MINNESOTA/N.Y. METS UNDER 8 1/2

#1 Sports
WEDNESDAY'S FREE WINNER:
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES + 220

H.D.'s ActionLine
Bonus Play
Detroit -175 over Washington

Buds Wiser Picks
YOUR COMPLIMENTARY WINNER FOR WEDNESDAY:
TORONTO

Winning Way Sports
John's Free MLB Selection for Wednesday!
Selection: New York Mets -1.5 Runs (+105)
Reason: Put us down on the New York Mets -1.5 Runs for our Free MLB Selection on Wednesday. Today the Minnesota Twins will be on the road as they take on the New York Mets. We will side with the Mets -1.5 Runs! The Twins will send to the mound Scott Baker. Scott Baker has not been able to find his spots this season which is shown by his 7.33 ERA. In addition, Scott Baker has a 11.48 ERA in his last 3 starts. This powerful Mets offense should be able to score many easy runs tonight. While the Mets are scoring many easy runs, we see the Twins struggling to score. That's because the Mets will send to the mound Oliver Perez. Oliver Perez has pitched very well this season (2.93 ERA), and this Twins offense will struggle to get hits and runs tonight. To say the least, the Mets have a huge advantage on the mound tonight! Take the New York Mets -1.5 Runs!

Insiders Sports Group
Tony Mathew's Free MLB Selection for June 20, 2007.
Matchup: Florida Marlins vs. Chicago White Sox
Selection: Florida/Chicago Under 9 (-110)
Explanation: We expect a low-scoring game as the Florida Marlins face-off against the Chicago White Sox in Wednesday's MLB contest.
The Florida Marlins will use starting pitcher Sergio Mitre. Right-handed Sergio Mitre has pitched solid this season (2.29 ERA), and we see Sergio Mitre pitching another solid game as this Chicago White Sox team struggles hitting right-handed pitchers (.241 team batting average).
As for the Chicago White Sox, they will use starting pitcher Jon Garland. Right-handed pitcher Jon Garland been pitching well as of late (2.53 ERA in his last 3 starts). The Florida Marlins have struggled this season when trying to hit balls from right-handed pitchers (.255 team batting average), and we expect them to struggle once again today.
The Under is a perfect 3-0 in Sergio Mitre's last 3 starts, while the Under is also a perfect 3-0 in Jon Garland's last 3 starts.
Take the Florida Marlins/Chicago White Sox Under 9!

MadduxSports
Today's Free Pick is NY Yankees -157

Gator's 70% Situations
MLB (Wednesday): Play Against MLB underdogs with a money line of +100 or higher with a team that averages <=0.9 HR's per game versus a starting pitcher who gives up 0.5 or less HR's per start, with a (NL) pitcher whose WHIP is 1.250 to 1.350 on the year.
(67-19 last 5 seasons.) (77.9%) PLAY: New York Yankees -145

Larry Ness Daytime Delight is on Milwaukee

Benjamin Lee Eckstein (Mr. Chalk): Mets

Mighty Quinn: Royals

Mike Wynn
Bonus Play:
LA Angels w/Santana -175 Over Houston

The Scout
Bonus Play:
Wednesday MLB;
St. Louis Pk over Kansas City

Huddle Up Sports
Wednesday Free Winner
Florida Mitre +110

Arthur Ralph Sports
free winners 151 - 106 run
Wed Bost red Sox

Bonus Play: 4* D'Rays -105

Boston Blackie comp
Tampa Bay

Brian Gabrielle
New York Liberty vs Connecticut Sun
This is not the Sun of last year-not by a long shot. Connecticut is 4-6 and on a 4 game losing streak. The Sun have not scored more than 74 points in their last 4 played. New York is 11th in the league in offense and 4th in defense. Connecticut is 4th in offense and 11th in defense. The Liberty started the season off 5-0 and have fallen to 1-4

Wednesday, June 20th, 10:05 P.M. EST EST
Maholm has a 5.51 road ERA. That looks great compared to Jeff Weaver's 18.48 ERA at home! PITTSBURGH is 14-4 OVER on the road when the total is 8.5 to 10 this season. SEATTLE is 26-18 OVER in night games this season.
Good Luck. - Robert Ross

Global Handicapping
comp
Florida Marlins/Chicago White Sox Under 9

BRAD DIAMOND SPORTS
Play on: Cleveland (Sabathia) over Philadelphia
The Indians roll into Jacobs field this evening the first place entry in the AL Central carrying a one game lead over the hard charging Tigers. The Phillies, before the Detroit series at home was in solid position to over take the Mets in the east, but they dropped two of three. Technically, as a chalk in this price range Cleveland is a solid 18-6 of late, while carrying C. C. Sabathia on the hill a red hot 9-1 L10 home starts. With RHP Lieber the Phillies are 0-4 vs. .500+ teams. As road dog in this price range Philadelphia is a horrid 2-19. So, emotionally and technically the Indians are the ascending team at this time.

Jun 20 2007 10:05PM
Prediction: under
Reason: Justin Germano the Padres starting hurler continues to be a stable cog in the Padres rotation, as is evident by a 5-0 record and a stingy 2.36 ERA in 7 starts allowing just 11 ERs in 42 innings of work. Germano is backed with what I consider to be MLBs top bullpen and having garnered a tight 2.11 ERA this season . The Orioles starting thrower (Jeremy Guthrie) has been equally efficient recording a 2.57 ERA in 15 outings , including a minuscule 1.71 ERA in 9 starts. Guthrie has gone at least 7 innings in 7 straight starts and has not allowed more than 3 ERs in an outing during his 2007 campaign. Note: The Padres are hitting just .227 at home this year. Baltimore is hitting just barely above the Mendoza line on the road this season, with a .255 BA. With two top notch pitchers on the hill tonight, and two inconsistent batting orders facing them, this contest has a high potential to go under the set total. Final notes & Key Trends: The Padres have gone under in 16 of the L/21 home games with a total of between 7 and 7.5. Play Under

Jimmy The Moose comp
Game: Baltimore Orioles at San Diego Padres
Jun 20 2007 10:05PM
Prediction: San Diego Padres
Reason: Orioles really struggling having lost 9 of their last 10 and 14 of their last 16 overall. Baltimore is also 1-10 in their last 11 interleague games. Guthrie has pitched well for the Orioles but they have still found ways to lose his last 3 starts and they are now 3-6 in games he's started. The Padres are 7-2 in their next game following a win. Germano takes the mound tonight and he's 5-0 on the season with a 2.36 ERA. The Padres are 20-12 at home this season and won't have any trouble taking this one. Play on the Padres

The White Sox continue to stumble and fumble, losing 10 of 13. Florida starter Sergio Mitre is one of the more unheralded pitchers in the game, but he's been impressive with a 2.29 ERA in 63 innings. After missing a start with some injury concerns, they've given him the green light to air it out. No more caution with him, which means he's 100%. Chicago is 1-4 in John Garland's last 5 starts as the offense can't seem to get going.
PLAY THE MARLINS

VEGAS EXPERTS Tip Of The Day
Minnesota Twins at New York Mets
Wednesday, June 20th, 7:10 P.M. EDT
Santana threw a shutout last night but before that the Twins used up their pen in allowing 33 runs in four games. Starter Baker has an 11.47 ERA his last three as he prepares to work vs. a Mets' lineup capable of scoring runs in bunches. The METS pen has struggled in June and the team is 18-8 OVER after having lost 5 or 6 of their last 7 games over the last 2 seasons while starter PEREZ is 13-3 OVER at home when the total is 7 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)

Bobby Maxwell comp
We're going with the home-team, plus-money Rangers in this one and while most people will think we're crazy for going with Kameron Loe (2-6, 6.56 ERA).
But Loe is coming off a great outing in Pittsburgh on Friday when he blanked the Pirates for eight innings, giving up just five hits in a 6-0 Texas victory.
This is more of a play against the Cubs and Jason Marquis (5-3, 3.14 ERA). Marquis has given up 17 runs in his last four outings, covering just 17 1/3 innings. He gave up four runs on two hits in 5 1/3 innings against the Mariners in his last outing Friday.
Texas has won three of its last five games and just got nipped in Tuedays 5-4 loss to the Cubs.
The Rangers will get the job done tonight and don't be surprised when Loe shuts down the Cubs' offense. He did it in his last outing and has the confidence that he'll do it again tonight.
Play Texas.
3* TEXAS

Jun 20, 2007 7:05 PM EDT
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Toronto Blue Jays (MLB)
Play: Los Angeles Dodgers
Tonight, let's take the Dodgers to take care of Toronto for the second consecutive night. LA posted a 10-1 win last night and is looking very explosive on offense. Hong-Chih Kuo gets the nod for LA and had been very economical since being back in a starter's role. He has posted a 1-1 record in three starts, allowed 4 ER's in 17+ innings pitched and struck out 15 batters.
Even though the Dodgers are going against Roy Halladay, the Bluejay's bats are nowhere to be seen and the bullpen has been shaky recently. If LA can get Roy's pitch count up early, they should be able to pounce on the pen en route to the victory.
Play on LA Dodgers

MATT RIVERS
For Wednesday take the Orioles in PETCO.
Jeremy Guthrie may not be considered a stud just yet but this kid is very very very good and despite the abysmal play of late the Orioles will start to win some games
Baltimore just fired Sam Perlozzo after the rough last few weeks and may not have a shot to come back in the division but Miguel Tejada, Melvin Mora, Brian Roberts and the O's are not a dismal club and with Guthrie I can see them winning this game.
Justin Germano is also a very good story this season as the guy has been lights out at times and the Padres have a very good overall record but San Diego still does not scare me one bit with the bats as there's Adrian Gonzalez and a bunch of punch and judy hitters. The Pads are a well balanced team overall but not a dominant club by any means and can easily lose here against the more powerful American League squad.
Guthrie is going to be very good like he usually is and in the end I do expect Baltimore to win this game making this price a steal and a half.

Haren has allowed less than three earned runs in all 15 of his starts this season. He comes in off a stunning performance against his former team - the Cardinals - in which he struck out eight batters and left the game with a 1.64 ERA to go with his 8-2 record.
I honestly don't know how the Reds are going to hit this kid and a deceptive delivery that brings a live fastball across the zone, while adding that nasty cutter and wicked curve that has a tight bite to it.
The run support will be there, as Belisle will struggle the same way he did in his last outing, against Texas, which tagged him for seven earned runs on nine hits.
Play the home team and its ace in this matinee, and do it on the Run Line.
5* OAKLAND -1'

It seems these 2 teams have their bats going for this series as pitching has uncharacteristically taken a back seat in this seat considering that these 2 teams were once known and are still know for great arms.
Nevertheless, 33 have been scored in just 2 games in this series and with Santana and Rodriguez on the mound, why is not conceivable that these offenses will continue to score runs.
Rodriguez is 4-6 with a 4.19 ERA and Santana is 5-7 with a 5.04 ERA. The over is 10-2 when the 'Stros are dogged by this margin and the over is 9-1-1 when the Angels play a team with a losing record in interleague play.
3* Angels/Astros Over

WEDNESDAY'S SELECTION

I'm on a 238-181-13 free selection run, including recent rolls of 57-32-1 and 72-39-4, despite the Rockies and Yankees failing to get over the posted price Tuesday evening at Coors.

For your Wednesday freebie, I'm looking for the Tigers and Nationals to sail over at RFK. There have been runs aplenty in the first two games of this series and tonight will be no different. Especially with these hot Tiger bats being involved.Detroit has topped the total in five of its last six and has scored 46 runs in its last five games. The past two nights have seen the Tigers plate 24 runs as baseball's best offensive team is really clicking right now. The Tigers pound lefty starters (.354 their last 10) and they'll score early and often on the Nats' Mike Bacsik. e has a 7.90 ERA and 2.41 WHIP in his last three starts, all of which have not surprisingly gone over the total. He has dropped four straight starts and gave up six earned in 4 1/3 innings in his most recent home start. He'll be opposed by Jeremy Bonderman, who has a 5.78 ERA in his last three starts.Each of Bonderman's last eight starts have sailed over. The Tigers have a sub-par pen (5.22 ERA) and the Nats have gone over in six of their last eight. Expect plenty of runs early in this one tonight as this game easily gets over the total.

5 DIME OVER Tigers-Nationals

CHRIS JORDAN COMP

Bonus Play FOR WEDNESDAY is the Devil Rays

Have to roll with the home chalk in this one, as the Friars slap another loss on the O's.

4? SAN DIEGO

<!-- / message -->
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
Karl Garrett
30 DIMER - ST. LOUIS WITH WELLEMEYER....10 DIMERS - ATLANTA WITH CARLYLE, & PITTSBURGH WITH MAHOLM

30 DIMER - ST. LOUIS CARDS WITH WELLEMEYER

The Royals have certainly played the Cardinals tooth-and-nail this season, but tonight I will back the Cards at pretty much a pick'em spot, as I think Wellemeyer is going to outduel Meche at Busch.

KC is just 14-19 away from home, and while Meche has been pitching his butt off for his new team, I can see him taking the hard-luck loss tonight.

The stats may not favor the Cardinals in this spot, so I can't sit here and spout a lot of numbers to back St. Louis, but what I can tell you is after winning 5-1 last night, I can see another similar result tonight.

I am going with the Cardinals to take this one.

10 DIMER - ATLANTA BRAVES WITH CARLYLE

Rubber-game for the Sox and Braves, and after getting shutdown once again by Josh Beckett, I have to believe the Braves will be able to hit Julian Tavarez this evening.

Tavarez has a season ERA right near 5, so go with the Braves bats to bust out of it tonight after being held scoreless last night.

The Braves have won Buddy Carlyle's last 3 starts, and Carlyle is coming off a nice 6 inning, 2 run no-decision against the Indians.

I say go with Atlanta to take the series tonight.

10 DIMER - PITTSBURGH PIRATES WITH MAHOLM

I got sucked into backing the Mariners last night, but not tonight!

Seattle's season-high losing streak is now at 6, and they have the wrong guy on the mound tonight to break the funk, as Jeff Weaver is winless at 0-6 and has an ERA near 11!

Paul Maholm looked right as rain his last start, working 7 innings of 1 run ball beating the White Sox on the 15th.

Pittsburgh has won their last pair, and 5 of their last 7. I like the Bucs to hand the Mariners loss #7 in a row tonight

Tokens
Chris Jordan
2-0 Sweep tonight ...

400♦ YANKEES (LIST Pettitte and Francis) - Forget the Run Line on this one, I am laying the juice. The Yankees are playing incredible baseball right now, and the last time we saw them struggle offensively - last Friday with Clemens aboard versus the Mets - they turned it on at the plate and put an 11-spot on their cross-town rival.

I'll side with Andy Pettitte, who no doubt remember his only visit to Denver. The crafty southpaw is 2-0 with a 2.29 ERA in three career starts against Colorado, but was tagged pretty good in Denver in 2002, in his first stint with New York. Pettitte allowed eight runs and eight hits - including a pair of dongs - while walking three and failing to record a strikeout in 3-2/3 innings. But get this, the Bombers took care of him with a 20-10 win over the Rockies.

Remember, this is a team that was a season-high eight games below .500 on May 29, but has since gone 14-4 and trails first-place Boston by nine games in the AL East. New York is 5-2 all-time against the Rockies, and tonight we'll see a duplicate performance as it showed us after getting stymied by the Mets. Easy win by the Yanks here.

100♦ PADRES RUN LINE (LIST Germano and Guthrie) - The Orioles have lost nine straight, their organization is in disarray, and just like yesterday with the Padres as my top play, we'll lay the run and a half with Justin Germano toeing the rubber for us.

The right-hander is 5-0 in seven starts since being promoted from Triple-A Portland on May 8 to replace then-injured Clay Hensley. Now he gets to face a team that lost for the 14th time in 16 games and for the first time under interim manager Dave Trembley last night, 12-6.

I know Jeremy Guthrie has been solid for Baltimore this season, but San Diego has scored 23 runs in its last two games after scoring one in each of its previous two contests. Factor that with the fact the Padres lead the majors in overall ERA (2.97) and at home (2.46), that gives us a blowout win here as well.

Drew Gordon:
1. 200,000♦ Red Sox

2. 100,000♦ Royals

3. 100,000♦ Rockies

The Wunderdog:
Game: Tampa Bay at Arizona (3:40 PM Eastern)
Pick: Tampa Bay -106

The D-Rays pen let another get away last night. One of the reasons Shields has had success for Tampa Bay is because he pitches deep into games and limits the exposure of the Rays middle relief. Shields has completed seven innings in 10 of his last 11 starts and has pitched an average of just shy of eight innings in those 11 starts. It is the difference between him and Kazmir, both quality starters. But the fact he pitches deep into games is why he is 6-1 because the D-Rays can swing the bats. Micah Owings has pitched better on the road than at home, where the D-Backs are just 2-4 in games he has appeared in. The odds-makers are speaking loud here as the D-Rays are an ever so slight favorite on the road vs. a decent team, and we agree.

Tokens
Wednesday 6/20 Hot-Cold-Totals-Umpire Report.. (From another site)

This is some great info.

MLB
Write-up

Wednesday, June 20

AL owns 101-90 lead for season so far in interleague tilts, after a huge 11-3 night for National League teams Tuesday.

Hot Pitchers
-- Milwaukee won ten of twelve Vargas starts this season.
-- Mitre is 0-0, 2.74 in his last four starts.
-- Oakland won last six Haren starts, scoring 37 runs.
-- Detroit won last seven Bonderman starts, scoring 72 runs.
-- Arizona won five of Owings' last six starts. Tampa Bay is 8-3 with Shields if they score four or more runs.
-- Sabathia has a 1.71 RA in his last three starts.
-- Kuo is 1-0, 1.38 in his last two starts. Toronto won nine of 12 Halladay starts this season, five of seven at home.
-- Perez is 4-2, 2.55 in last seven Perez starts.
-- Cardinals are 4-0 in Wellemeyer starts, scoring 36 runs. Meche has 2.86 RA in last four starts, but Royals lost three of them.
-- Braves won last three Carlyle starts (1-0, 3.72). Red Sox are 5-1 in last six Tavarez starts.
-- Francis is 4-1, 1.87 in his last five starts.
-- Germano is 5-0, 2.75 in his last six starts. Guthrie is 2-0, 2.01 in his last eight outings.
-- ESantana is 2-0, 2.25 in his last three home starts.

Cold Pitchers
-- Giants were outscored 16-2 in losing Zito's last two starts.
-- White Sox lost four of Garland's last five starts.
-- Reds lost seven of last nine Belisle starts.
-- Bacsik is 0-4, 7.78 in his last four starts.
-- Phillies lost seven of last nine Lieber starts.
-- Baker is 0-2, 11.48 in his last three starts.
-- Marquis is 0-2, 8.83 in his last four starts. Loe is 0-3, 10.07 in his last four home starts.
-- Bronx lost five of last seven Pettitte road starts.
-- Rodriguez is 2-3, 5.86 in his last five starts.
-- Maholm is 1-5, 5.64 in his last seven starts. Seattle lost seven of eight Weaver starts this season.

Totals
-- Four of last five Milwaukee games went over the total.
-- Under is 4-0-1 in last five Mitre starts.
-- Four of last six Cincinnati games went over the total.
-- Last five Arizona games went over the total.
-- Over is 10-2-2 in last fourteen Detroit road games.
-- Over is 9-3-1 in Phillies' last thirteen road games.
-- Four of last five Toronto games went over the total.
-- Seven of last ten Met home games stayed under total.
-- Under is 5-1-1 in last seven Atlanta games.
-- Over is 7-2-1 in Cardinals' last ten games.
-- Eight of last eleven Texas games went over the total.
-- Five of last six games at Coors Field went over the total.
-- Under is 14-8 in Padres' last twenty-two home games.
-- Six of last seven Houston games went over the total.
-- Over is 7-2-1 in last ten Pittsburgh road games.

Hot Teams
-- Brewers won six of their last seven games.
-- Red Sox won four of their last five games.
-- Detroit won eight of its last ten road games.
-- Cleveland is 21-7 in their last 28 home games. Phillies are 8-3 in their last eleven road games.
-- Toronto is 13-7 in its last twenty home games.
-- Cubs are 5-3 in second game of series, if they won opener.
-- Royals won six of last nine games, scoring 70 runs. Cardinals won three of their last four games.
-- Colorado won five of last six games, scoring 48 runs. Bronx won eleven of its last thirteen games.
-- Tampa Bay won six of its last ten road games, but closer Reyes threw ton of pitches last night, probably isn't available for this day game. Arizona won four of its last five games.
-- San Diego won five of last six games, allowing fourteen runs.
-- Angels won fourteen of their last twenty games.

Cold Teams
-- Giants lost last six games, are 8-20 in last 28 road games.
-- Dodgers are 6-8 in their last fourteen road games.
-- Braves lost nine of last thirteen home games.
-- Nationals lost ten of last fourteen home games.
-- Mets lost twelve of their last fifteen games Twins are 2-5 in their last seven road games.
-- Marlins lost seven of their last ten games. White Sox lost six of their last eight home games.
-- Rangers are 8-17 in their last twenty-five games.
-- Orioles lost their last nine games, now have interim manager.
-- Cincinnati lost fifteen of its last twenty-two away games. A's lost three of their last four games.
-- Astros lost thirteen of their last seventeen road games.
-- Seattle lost six games in a row, scoring total of 17 runs. Pirates are 1-4 in second game of road series, if they won the opener.

Umpires
-- SF-Mil-- Six of last seven Cousins games stayed under.
-- Fla-Chi-- Campos is rookie umpire. I have no info on him.
-- Cin-A's-- Six of last nine Timmons games went over the total.
-- TB-Az-- Underdog is 15-4 in last nineteen Foster games.
-- Det-Wsh-- Under is 8-4-1 in last thirteen Everitt games.
-- Phil-Clev-- Over is 10-4-1 in West games this season.
-- LA-Tor-- Over is 6-2-1 in last nine Cooper games.
-- Min-NY-- Under is 4-1-1 in last six Bell games.
-- Bos-Atl-- Over is 11-2 in last thirteen Davidson games.
-- KC-StL-- Favorite won last five Kulpa games.
-- Chi-Tex-- Under is 8-4 in last dozen Montague games, with a favorite winning seven of his last eight games.
-- NY-Colo-- Underdog is 2-1 in TWelke games this season.
-- Blt-SD-- Six of last eight Wegner games went over the total.
-- Hst-LA-- Underdog is 6-3 in last nine Hernandez games.
-- Pitt-Sea-- Over is 5-1 in last six Cuzzi games; favorites are 10-1 in his last eleven contests behind the dish.

MLB
MLB Betting Notes

Wednesday, June 20

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday’s MLB betting notes

Weaving his way out of trouble?

Surely things can only get better for Seattle Mariners starter Jeff Weaver. He is winless in eight starts this season and now has an 0-6 record with a 10.97 ERA.

There have been signs of progress for the veteran righty in recent weeks; he has given up less than three earned runs in his last two starts. That’s after surrendering six earned runs in each of the three previous starts.

In his last outing, against the Chicago Cubs on Thursday, he left the game in the sixth inning with a one-run lead, but the Mariners were unable to hold onto it.

Weaver takes the mound again today against the Pittsburgh Pirates. Seattle are -120 favorites with the total set at 9½.

Usually under

When the Colorado Rockies face the hot-hitting New York Yankees tonight, the under is not an obvious bet. But with Jeff Francis taking the mound for the Rocks, it’s worth a look.

Francis has a seriously lopsided over/under record of 2-10 this season, with his last eight starts finishing under the oddsmaker’s totals.

Don’t let his 6-5 win-loss record fool you, Francis has been pitching well this season and has surrendered fewer than two earned runs in seven of his last eight starts.

The Yankees will counter with Andy Pettitte (4-4, 2.93 ERA) for tonight’s game at Coors Field. Bookies are offering odds of -105 for this game to finish under a total of 9½ runs.

You gotta know when to hold em’

The Detroit Tigers are holding Kenny Rogers’ first start of the season back until Friday after strong speculation that he might be going on today against the Washington Nationals.

The 42-year-old left-hander has been on the disabled list all season after surgery in March to remove a blood clot from his left shoulder and to repair arteries.

Tigers manager Jim Leyland toyed with starting Rogers against Washington, but decided to keep right-hander Jeremy Bonderman on his normal rotation.

"You don't want to get Bondo off his day because he's been doing well, so Kenny is going to pitch Friday," Leyland said.

Bonderman is 7-0 with a 3.92 ERA this season and the Tigers are –173 favorites to beat the Nats on the back of his start.

Looper injury gives Thompson a start

The St. Louis Cardinals have placed starter Braden Looper on the 15-day disabled list with a strained shoulder, leading to a pitching change for today’s game against the Kansas City Royals.

Brad Thompson (4-2, 2.58 ERA), who has also been used in the bullpen as a relief pitcher this season, will take the mound to make his eighth start of the year.

Thompson’s last start came against the Royals last week and he allowed eight runs on 10 hits in 4 1/3 innings, with four walks and two hit batters.

The right-hander also threw two innings of relief on Saturday in a 15-6 win at Oakland. The Cardinals are –106 favorites to beat Kansas, with the total set at 9½. Gil Meche (4-6, 3.00) goes to the mound for the Royals.

Baseball Today - June 20

SCOREBOARD

Wednesday, June 20

Detroit at Washington (7:05 p.m. EDT). Jeremy Bonderman looks to improve to 8-0 for the Tigers.

STARS Tuesday

-Johan Santana, Twins, pitched a complete-game, four-hitter and Minnesota routed the New York Mets 9-0.

-Chris Young, Diamondbacks, hit a game-ending homer in the 10th inning to help Arizona rally past Tampa Bay 10-8.

-Josh Beckett, Red Sox, threw six scoreless innings and hit an RBI double in Boston's 4-0 win over Atlanta.

-Dan Uggla, Marlins, hit a go-ahead home run in the ninth inning to lift Florida over the Chicago White Sox 7-5.

-Ryan Howard, Phillies, drove in four runs to help Philadelphia defeat Cleveland 9-6.

CAPITOL PUNISHMENT

Detroit pounded out 17 hits in a 15-1 rout of Washington on Tuesday. Sean Casey continued his dominance of the Washington/Montreal franchise, going 2-for-5 with a walk, driving in a season-high four runs and hitting his first home run of the season. The 15 runs and 17 hits were the most allowed by the Nationals this season. The Tigers have scored at least 10 runs six times in 17 June games.

SWEET HOMECOMING

Russell Martin homered in his first major league game in his native Canada to help the Los Angeles Dodgers beat Toronto 10-1 on Tuesday. Martin, who was born in Toronto but grew up in Chelsea, Quebec, hit a solo home run, his eighth of the season, to left in the sixth inning off reliever Lee Gronkiewicz.

SPARKLING SHEETS

Ben Sheets pitched his 13th career complete game in Milwaukee's 6-2 victory over San Francisco on Tuesday. Sheets (8-3), who walked one and gave up six hits, has allowed three runs or less in 12 straight starts. The right-hander struck out four and threw 81 of his 118 pitches for strikes

SHORT NOTICE

First-year starter Brad Thompson worked seven strong innings a day ahead of schedule and three days after a two-inning relief stint, leading the pitching-starved St. Louis Cardinals to a 5-1 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Tuesday. Thompson started in place of Kip Wells, who was told three hours before the game that he was being sent to the bullpen.

SNAPPED

Juan Encarnacion had his 18-game hitting streak snapped in St. Louis' 5-1 win over Kansas City on Tuesday. ... Arizona topped Tampa Bay 10-8 in 10 innings to earn their first win in eight tries against their 1998 expansion partners. ... Ty Wigginton extended his career-best hit streak to 13 games for Tampa Bay in the loss.

SPEAKING

''I think he's trying to hide right now. Believe me, tomorrow it's going to happen. ... Hopefully by game time he'll be bald.'' - Minnesota ace Johan Santana, on Twins broadcaster and former big league pitcher Bert Blyleven declaring before the game that he'd shave his own head if Santana threw a shutout on Tuesday. Santana pitched a complete-game shutout to lead the Twins past the New York Mets 9-0.

SEASONS June 20

1912 - The New York Giants outslugged the Boston Braves 21-12 with the teams scoring 17 runs in the ninth inning. The Giants scored seven runs to take a 21-2 lead and the Braves scored 10 runs.

1951 - Cleveland Indian Bobby Avila hit three home runs, a double and single in a 14-8 victory over the Red Sox at Fenway Park.

1980 - Freddie Patek, one of baseball's smallest players at 5-foot-5, hit three home runs and a double to lead the California Angels in a 20-2 rout of the Boston Red Sox in Fenway Park.

1982 - Pete Rose became the fifth major leaguer to appear in 3,000 games and extended a personal consecutive-game streak to 523 in a 3-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates at Three Rivers Stadium.

1992 - Kelly Saunders became the second woman to serve as a public address announcer at a major league game when she filled in for Rex Barney in Baltimore.

1994 - The Detroit Tigers' string of 25 straight games hitting a home run ended in a 7-1 loss to Cleveland. The streak matched the major league mark set by the 1941 New York Yankees.

1998 - Sammy Sosa hit two home runs for the second straight day to set a major league record with 16 homers in June as the Chicago Cubs beat Philadelphia 9-4.

2001 - Barry Bonds broke two major league records with his 38th homer, including one set by Babe Ruth in 1928, as the Giants beat San Diego 8-3. Bonds hit a two-run shot in the eighth inning to break out of a tie with Reggie Jackson (1969) and Mark McGwire (1998) for the most homers before the All-Star break. And he became the quickest to 38, doing it in his team's 71st game. Ruth hit 38 in 88 games in 1928.

2004 - Ken Griffey Jr. hit the 500th home run of his career, off Matt Morris, to help the Cincinnati Reds beat the St. Louis Cardinals 6-0.

2006 - Jason Jennings and two relievers combined on a one-hitter as Colorado beat Oakland 6-0. It was the first one-hitter in team history and the third time there has been one hit or less at Coors Field.

Today's birthday's:
Kevin Gregg 29; Bobby Seay 29; Rob Mackowiak 31; Paul Bako 35; Juan Castro 35.

MLB
Streaking Pitchers

Wednesday, June 20

HOT

Jeremy Bonderman (Detroit Tigers) - Bonderman has been lights out for the Detroit Tigers since starting the season with five straight NDs. The right-hander is 7-0 with a solid 3.92 ERA and 1.18 WHIP and is 3-0 with a 3.60 ERA and 1.15 WHIP outside Comerica Park. The veteran hurler can become the first Tigers starter to record eight straight victories since 1999 with a win over the inconsistent Nationals. Oddsmakers list Detroit as a -173-road favorite against Washington.

C.C. Sabathia (Cleveland Indians) - Cleveland ace Sabathia takes the mound tonight against the Philadelphia Phillies in hopes of keeping the Indians in first place in the AL Central. The towering left-hander is 9-2 with a 3.19 ERA and 1.16 WHIP and has posted shutouts in two of his last three starts. Sabathia is 6-1 with an intimidating 2.92 ERA and 1.18 WHIP at home this season and Cleveland is 9-1 in Sabathia's last 10 starts at Jacobs Field. Oddsmakers list the Indians as -201 road favorites against the Phillies.

Danny Haren (Oakland Athletics) - It can't get much better for Oakland's Haren. The surprising right-hander is 9-2 with a 1.64 ERA (lowest in the majors) and a 0.88 WHIP. He can match a career best by winning his ninth consecutive start against the Cincinnati Reds tonight at McAfee Coliseum. Haren is 5-0 with a 1.89 ERA and 0.93 WHIP in Oakland this season and the Athletics are 5-1 in Haren's last six home starts against a team with a losing record. Oddsmakers list the Athletics as -235 favorites against the slumping Reds.

Justin Germano (San Diego Padres) - The San Diego Padres lead MLB with a 2.97 ERA and rookie starter Justin Germano is a fundamental part of their success. The right-hander is an impressive 5-0 with a 2.36 ERA and 0.93 WHIP and is 2-0 with a 3.50 ERA and 1.00 WHIP at Petco Park. The rookie hurler has pitched three shutouts this season and has allowed over four ERs just twice in seven starts. Oddsmakers list the Padres as -137 home favorites against the Baltimore Orioles.

COLD

Kameron Loe (Texas Rangers) - Texas replacement starter Loe makes his second start for the Rangers tonight after being called up from the minors on Thursday. The right-hander is 2-6 with a 6.56 ERA and a 1.60 WHIP and is 1-4 with a lofty 7.07 ERA and 1.55 WHIP at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. The Rangers are 1-11 in Loe's last 12 starts as a home underdog and are 1-6 in his last seven starts overall. Oddsmakers list Texas as a +110-home underdog against the Chicago Cubs.

Jeff Weaver (Seattle Mariners) - It's been a difficult first season in Seattle for Weaver. The veteran pitcher is 0-6 with a colossal 10.97 ERA and 2.19 WHIP and is 0-2 with a ridiculous 18.47 ERA and 3.00 WHIP at Safeco Field. The right-hander has allowed 62 hits in 32 innings while giving up a .413 opponents' batting averag. The Mariners are 1-7 in Weaver's last eight starts and oddsmakers list the Mariners as -122 home favorites against the Chicago White Sox.

Houston at LA Angels
The Astros' offense continues to be productive as Houston has averaged 5.5 runs in the month of June while scoring 37 runs in its last four games, including 19 in the first two against the pitching-rich Angels. Last night Houston came back from deficits of 3-0 and 5-3 to beat the Halos 9-5 one night after losing a close one (10-9) in a slugfest. The Angels will go with starter Ervin Santana, who has been tough at home (4-1, 2.41 ERA in six starts this season). But the way the Astros are swinging the bats, they still look like a good underdog pick (+180) in this one according to Dunkel, which has Houston favored straight up by 1/2 a run. Dunkel Pick: Houston (+180). Here are all of today's games.

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20

Game 901-902: San Francisco at Milwaukee
Dunkel Ratings: San Francisco (Zito) 14.372; Milwaukee (Vargas) 17.051
Dunkel Line: Milwaukee by 2 1/2; 9
Vegas Line: Milwaukee (-140); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Milwaukee (-140); Over

Game 903-904: Florida at Chicago White Sox
Dunkel Ratings: Florida (Mitre) 15.289; White Sox (Garland) 14.522
Dunkel Line: Florida by 1; 10 1/2
Vegas Line: Chicago White Sox (-135); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Florida (+135); Over

Game 905-906: Cincinnati at Oakland
Dunkel Ratings: Cincinnati (Belisle) 14.884; Oakland (Haren) 16.449
Dunkel Line: Oakland by 1 1/2; 10
Vegas Line: Oakland (-250); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Oakland (-250); Over

Game 907-908: Tampa Bay at Arizona
Dunkel Ratings: Tampa Bay (Shields) 15.249; Arizona (Owings) 16.214
Dunkel Line: Arizona by 1; 11
Vegas Line: Tampa Bay (-110); 9
Dunkel Pick: Arizona (+110); Over

Game 909-910: Detroit at Washington
Dunkel Ratings: Detroit (Bonderman) 17.544; Washington (Bacsik) 15.590
Dunkel Line: Detroit by 2; 11
Vegas Line: Detroit (-175); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Detroit (-175); Over

Game 911-912: Philadelphia at Cleveland
Dunkel Ratings: Philadelphia (Lieber) 15.910; Cleveland (Sabathia) 17.039
Dunkel Line: Cleveland by 1; 10 1/2
Vegas Line: Cleveland (-240); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Cleveland (-240); Over

Game 913-914: LA Dodgers at Toronto
Dunkel Ratings: LA Dodgers (Kuo) 16.224; Toronto (Halladay) 16.604
Dunkel Line: Toronto by 1/2; 8
Vegas Line: Toronto (-175); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Toronto (-175); Under

Game 915-916: Minnesota at NY Mets
Dunkel Ratings: Minnesota (Baker) 16.174; NY Mets (Perez) 15.193
Dunkel Line: Minnesota by 1; 8
Vegas Line: NY Mets (-230); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Minnesota (+230); Under

Game 917-918: Boston at Atlanta
Dunkel Ratings: Boston (Tavarez) 16.448; Atlanta (Carlyle) 15.439
Dunkel Line: Boston by 1; 9
Vegas Line: Boston (-115); 10
Dunkel Pick: Boston (-115); Under

Game 919-920: Kansas City at St. Louis
Dunkel Ratings: Kansas City (Meche) 16.144; St. Louis (Wellemeyer) 15.892
Dunkel Line: Kansas City by 1/2; 8
Vegas Line: No Line
Dunkel Pick: N/A

Game 921-922: Chicago Cubs at Texas
Dunkel Ratings: Cubs (Marquis) 15.804; Texas (Loe) 15.957
Dunkel Line: Texas by 1/2; 11
Vegas Line: Chicago Cubs (-135); 10 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Texas (+135); Over

Game 923-924: NY Yankees at Colorado
Dunkel Ratings: NY Yankees (Pettitte) 17.439; Colorado (Francis) 18.134
Dunkel Line: Colorado by 1; 10
Vegas Line: NY Yankees (-145); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Colorado (+145); Over

Game 925-926: Baltimore at San Diego
Dunkel Ratings: Baltimore (Guthrie) 14.088; San Diego (Germano) 17.707
Dunkel Line: San Diego by 3 1/2; 9 1/2
Vegas Line: San Diego (-150); 7
Dunkel Pick: San Diego (-150); Over

Game 927-928: Houston at LA Angels
Dunkel Ratings: Houston (Rodriguez) 17.482; LA Angels (Santana) 16.855
Dunkel Line: Houston by 1/2; 10 1/2
Vegas Line: LA Angels (-180); 9
Dunkel Pick: Houston (+180); Over

Game 929-930: Pittsburgh at Seattle
Dunkel Ratings: Pittsburgh (Maholm) 15.115; Seattle (Weaver) 14.416
Dunkel Line: Pittsburgh by 1; 10
Vegas Line: Seattle (-125); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Pittsburgh (+125); Over

MLB
Tips and Trends

Wednesday, June 20

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

San Francisco Giants at Milwaukee Brewers (2:05 PM ET)
San Francisco's Barry Zito was brilliant in his only career start against Milwaukee, allowing just one run and two hits over eight strong innings. EDGE: GIANTS
Zito has lost consecutive games for the third time this season, allowing nine earned runs and 14 hits in his last 9 1/3 innings. EDGE: BREWERS
Brewers right-hander Claudio Vargas is a perfect 3-0 with a 3.82 ERA in seven home appearances this season. Milwaukee has won his last six starts at Miller Park. BIG EDGE: BREWERS
Vargas is 3-2 with a 5.51 ERA in 11 career games (eight starts) against San Francisco. He's allowed 56 hits and 25 walks in 49 career innings against them. EDGE: OVER
The Brewers are 10-2 in Vargas' last 12 starts.

Florida Marlins at Chicago White Sox (2:05 PM ET)
Florida starter Sergio Mitre had a forgettable start against Chicago, allowing seven runs and seven hits in just 4 2/3 innings while walking four and striking out just two. EDGE: WHITE SOX & OVER
Mitre struggled in his last road start against Kansas City, but is still a solid 2-1 with a 2.97 ERA away from Dolphin Stadium this season. EDGE: MARLINS
White Sox right-hander Jon Garland is an even 3-3 with a 3.36 ERA in eight home starts this season. He's allowed just two earned runs in his last 15 1/3 innings at Comiskey Park. SLIGHT EDGE: WHITE SOX & UNDER
Garland has posted an impressive 2.53 ERA in June, which is 1.5 runs below his ERA of April and May. EDGE: UNDER
The White Sox are 2-8 in Garland's last 10 starts as a favorite.

Philadelphia Phillies at Cleveland Indians (7:05 PM ET)
Phillies starter Jon Lieber is a perfect 2-0 with a 2.75 ERA in three career starts against the Indians. EDGE: PHILLIES
Lieber has allowed a double-digit hit total in three of his last four games, with the Phillies losing all three games. EDGE: INDIANS
Cleveland's C.C. Sabathia is 6-1 with a 2.92 ERA in nine home starts this season. He picked up his only blemish at Jacobs Field last time out, as the Braves picked up a 5-4 victory. EDGE: INDIANS
Sabathia has some incredible numbers this month thru three starts, allowing just four earned runs in 26 1/3 innings - while issuing just two walks and fanning 21. EDGE: INDIANS & UNDER
The UNDER is 10-4 in Lieber's last 14 starts as a road underdog.

Los Angeles Dodgers at Toronto Blue Jays (7:07 PM ET)
Los Angeles starter Hong-Chih Kuo picked up his first victory of the season last time out, as the Dodgers defeated the New York Mets 4-1 at Dodger Stadium. He's allowed just two earned runs in his last two starts. EDGE: DODGERS
The Dodgers have lost all three road games with Kuo on the hill, being outscored 18-7 in the process. EDGE: BLUE JAYS
Toronto's Roy Halladay is a perfect 2-0 with a 1.69 ERA in two career starts against Los Angeles. He's allowed just nine hits and no home runs in 16 innings against them. EDGE: BLUE JAYS
The Blue Jays have scored 32 runs in Halladay's last four starts, with Toronto picking up a victory in each game. EDGE: OVER
The Blue Jays are 9-2 in their last 11 interleague games as a favorite.

Minnesota Twins at New York Mets (7:10 PM ET)
Minnesota's Scott Baker has allowed at least five earned runs in his last three starts. The right-hander has also allowed at least one home run in each of his five starts. EDGE: OVER
Bakers is 0-2 with a 9.58 ERA in two career starts in June. He's allowed 11 runs and 15 hits in just 10 1/3 innings. EDGE: METS & OVER
Mets left-hander Oliver Perez was brilliant in picking up a loss in his only career start against the Twins. Perez allowed just one earned run and five hits over 7 2/3 innings, but the Twins scored three unearned runs to give him the defeat. SLIGHT EDGE: METS
Perez is a solid 4-2 with a 3.00 ERA in seven home starts this season. Opposing hitters are batting just .178 against him at Shea Stadium. EDGE: METS & UNDER
The Twins are 7-0 in their last seven interleague games versus a left-handed starter.

New York Yankees at Colorado Rockies (9:05 PM ET)
Yankees left-hander Andy Pettitte is a perfect 2-0 with a 2.29 ERA in three career starts against the Rockies, but he's allowed eight runs (five earned) in just 3 2/3 innings at Coors Field. SLIGHT EDGE: YANKEES
Pettitte has a sparkling 2.75 ERA on the road through nine appearances, but has a disappointing 1-3 record. EDGE: UNDER
Colorado's Jeff Francis enters tonight's contest off the biggest victory of his career, as the Rockies picked up a 7-1 victory over the Red Sox at Fenway Park. The left-hander threw five shutout innings in the win. EDGE: ROCKIES
Francis is an incredible 21-11 at Coors Field in his career and has a respectable 4.43 ERA. EDGE: ROCKIES
The Rockies are 6-0 in Francis' last six starts as a home underdog.

Baltimore Orioles at San Diego Padres (10:05 PM ET)
Baltimore's Jeremy Guthrie is 2-0 with a 2.87 ERA in nine road appearances this season. He's allowed two earned runs or less in all four starts away from Camden Yards this season. EDGE: ORIOLES & UNDER
The Orioles have lost three straight games with Guthrie on the hill, mainly because the offense has supplied him with just six runs over that span. EDGE: UNDER
Padres right-hander Justin Germano is a perfect 2-0 with a 3.50 ERA in three home starts this season. He was knocked around in his last start at Petco Park, picking up a no-decision, after allowing five runs and eight hits over five innings. SLIGHT EDGE: PADRES
The Padres have won five out of Germano's seven starts this season. Germano has allowed no earned runs in three of those outings. EDGE: PADRES & UNDER
The UNDER is 4-0 in Guthrie's last four starts overall.

Houston Astros at Los Angeles Angels (10:05 PM ET)
Astros starter Wandy Rodriguez is a dismal 1-4 with a 6.42 ERA in six road outings this season. He allowed three long balls in his last road start against the White Sox, which ended up being a 6-3 loss. EDGE: ANGELS
Rodriguez is an even 6-6 in 14 career starts in June, but carries in a 5.92 ERA. EDGE: OVER
Few starters in Major League Baseball enjoy pitching at home more than the Angels' Ervin Santana. He's a solid 4-1 with a 2.41 ERA in six starts this season at Angels Stadium. EDGE: ANGELS
Despite carrying a 3-5 record in eight night starts this season, Santana's 4.20 ERA is two runs lower than his 6.23 ERA during the day. EDGE: UNDER
The UNDER is 8-0 in Santana's last eight games as a favorite.

MLB
Long Sheet

Wednesday, June 20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAN FRANCISCO (30 - 40) at MILWAUKEE (40 - 31) - 2:05 PM
BARRY ZITO (L) vs. CLAUDIO VARGAS (R)
Top Trends for this game.
SAN FRANCISCO is 106-125 (-25.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 47-70 (-17.6 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 106-125 (-25.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
SAN FRANCISCO is 20-30 (-11.1 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
MILWAUKEE is 72-45 (+16.3 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 43-23 (+14.7 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 2 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 28-12 (+14.3 Units) against the money line in home games in day games over the last 2 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 72-45 (+16.3 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
MILWAUKEE is 40-19 (+16.7 Units) against the money line in home games against left-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
VARGAS is 10-2 (+8.8 Units) against the money line in all games this season. (Team's Record)
VARGAS is 9-2 (+8.5 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
VARGAS is 37-26 (+18.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
VARGAS is 22-10 (+15.0 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
MILWAUKEE is 52-64 (-20.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

Head-to-Head Series History
MILWAUKEE is 2-0 (+2.0 Units) against SAN FRANCISCO this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

BARRY ZITO vs. MILWAUKEE since 1997
ZITO is 1-0 when starting against MILWAUKEE with an ERA of 1.13 and a WHIP of 0.375.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

CLAUDIO VARGAS vs. SAN FRANCISCO since 1997
VARGAS is 3-2 when starting against SAN FRANCISCO with an ERA of 5.05 and a WHIP of 1.554.
His team's record is 4-4 (+1.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 7-0. (+7.0 units)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLORIDA (34 - 38) at CHI WHITE SOX (29 - 38) - 2:05 PM
SERGIO MITRE (R) vs. JON GARLAND (R)
CHI WHITE SOX are 169-107 (+43.5 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 3 seasons.
GARLAND is 20-7 (+13.8 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
FLORIDA is 26-17 (+16.1 Units) against the money line in June games over the last 2 seasons.
FLORIDA is 111-84 (+31.9 Units) against the money line in an inter-league game since 1997.
CHI WHITE SOX are 29-38 (-9.8 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
CHI WHITE SOX are 50-57 (-21.0 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
CHI WHITE SOX are 5-13 (-9.7 Units) against the money line in June games this season.
GARLAND is 1-7 (-7.7 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season. (Team's Record)
GARLAND is 1-7 (-9.2 Units) against the money line at home when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

FLORIDA is 1-1 (+0.0 Units) against CHI WHITE SOX this season
2 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.0 Units)

SERGIO MITRE vs. CHI WHITE SOX since 1997
MITRE is 0-1 when starting against CHI WHITE SOX with an ERA of 13.49 and a WHIP of 2.355.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.0 units)

JON GARLAND vs. FLORIDA since 1997
GARLAND is 0-0 when starting against FLORIDA with an ERA of 4.05 and a WHIP of 1.199.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

CINCINNATI (28 - 44) at OAKLAND (38 - 32) - 3:35 PM
MATT BELISLE (R) vs. DAN HAREN (R)
CINCINNATI is 28-44 (-16.6 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
CINCINNATI is 28-44 (-16.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
OAKLAND is 134-105 (+21.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 30-14 (+17.7 Units) against the money line in June games over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 112-78 (+32.2 Units) against the money line in an inter-league game since 1997.
OAKLAND is 56-34 (+21.9 Units) against the money line in day games over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 124-95 (+20.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
OAKLAND is 21-10 (+11.0 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
HAREN is 13-2 (+11.5 Units) against the money line in June games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
CINCINNATI is 399-446 (+59.2 Units) against the money line in road games since 1997.
CINCINNATI is 300-335 (+44.7 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters since 1997.
CINCINNATI is 199-200 (+47.6 Units) against the money line in road games after a win since 1997.
OAKLAND is 9-15 (-13.4 Units) against the money line in home games when playing against a team with a losing record this season.

CINCINNATI is 1-1 (+0.7 Units) against OAKLAND this season
2 of 2 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+2.0 Units)

MATT BELISLE vs. OAKLAND since 1997
No recent starts.

DAN HAREN vs. CINCINNATI since 1997
HAREN is 0-1 when starting against CINCINNATI with an ERA of 9.52 and a WHIP of 1.587.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.5 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.1 units)

TAMPA BAY (31 - 38) at ARIZONA (41 - 31) - 3:40 PM
JAMES SHIELDS (R) vs. MICAH OWINGS (R)
TAMPA BAY is 34-81 (-29.3 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
TAMPA BAY is 26-66 (-27.5 Units) against the money line in road games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
TAMPA BAY is 22-60 (-26.8 Units) against the money line in road games against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
ARIZONA is 41-31 (+9.9 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
ARIZONA is 41-31 (+9.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
ARIZONA is 30-21 (+8.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
ARIZONA is 26-14 (+12.3 Units) against the money line after a win this season.
ARIZONA is 23-13 (+9.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.
ARIZONA is 415-364 (-64.3 Units) against the money line in home games since 1997.
ARIZONA is 6-18 (-14.5 Units) against the money line in home games in June games over the last 2 seasons.
ARIZONA is 34-43 (-23.9 Units) against the money line in home games in an inter-league game since 1997.

TAMPA BAY is 1-1 (+0.5 Units) against ARIZONA this season
2 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.0 Units)

JAMES SHIELDS vs. ARIZONA since 1997
SHIELDS is 1-0 when starting against ARIZONA with an ERA of 2.57 and a WHIP of 1.000.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.0 units)

MICAH OWINGS vs. TAMPA BAY since 1997
No recent starts.

DETROIT (41 - 29) at WASHINGTON (30 - 41) - 7:05 PM
JEREMY BONDERMAN (R) vs. MIKE BACSIK (L)
WASHINGTON is 21-20 (+12.2 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season.
WASHINGTON is 39-31 (+18.6 Units) against the money line in June games over the last 3 seasons.
WASHINGTON is 58-33 (+27.8 Units) against the money line in home games in an inter-league game since 1997.
DETROIT is 145-101 (+25.5 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 83-45 (+26.5 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 76-51 (+26.6 Units) against the money line in road games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 38-18 (+21.0 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 31-13 (+16.3 Units) against the money line in June games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 132-87 (+26.6 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 96-62 (+23.1 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 49-26 (+17.4 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 89-55 (+22.5 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
DETROIT is 20-7 (+11.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record this season.

DETROIT is 2-0 (+2.0 Units) against WASHINGTON this season

JEREMY BONDERMAN vs. WASHINGTON since 1997
No recent starts.

MIKE BACSIK vs. DETROIT since 1997
BACSIK is 1-0 when starting against DETROIT with an ERA of 0.00 and a WHIP of 0.571.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.5 units) in these starts. The OVER is 0-1. (-1.0 units)

PHILADELPHIA (37 - 34) at CLEVELAND (41 - 29) - 7:05 PM
JON LIEBER (R) vs. C.C. SABATHIA (L)
LIEBER is 15-23 (-13.4 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
LIEBER is 15-23 (-13.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
PHILADELPHIA is 55-43 (+19.9 Units) against the money line in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons.
CLEVELAND is 17-27 (-17.3 Units) against the money line in June games over the last 2 seasons.
CLEVELAND is 77-84 (-19.6 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
CLEVELAND is 39-42 (-18.8 Units) against the money line in home games after a loss over the last 3 seasons.

PHILADELPHIA is 1-1 (+0.4 Units) against CLEVELAND this season

JON LIEBER vs. CLEVELAND since 1997
LIEBER is 2-0 when starting against CLEVELAND with an ERA of 2.75 and a WHIP of 1.475.
His team's record is 2-1 (+1.6 units) in these starts. The OVER is 2-1. (+1.0 units)

C.C. SABATHIA vs. PHILADELPHIA since 1997
SABATHIA is 0-1 when starting against PHILADELPHIA with an ERA of 4.05 and a WHIP of 1.649.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.4 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

LA DODGERS (40 - 30) at TORONTO (33 - 36) - 7:05 PM
HONG-CHIH KUO (L) vs. ROY HALLADAY (R)
LA DODGERS are 13-30 (-20.6 Units) against the money line in an inter-league game over the last 3 seasons.
TORONTO is 65-45 (+16.3 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 2 seasons.
HALLADAY is 46-17 (+17.4 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
HALLADAY is 23-4 (+17.4 Units) against the money line when the total is 8 to 8.5 over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
HALLADAY is 31-7 (+19.9 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
HALLADAY is 81-38 (+25.7 Units) against the money line in games played on artificial turf since 1997. (Team's Record)
HALLADAY is 26-8 (+13.0 Units) against the money line after a loss over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
LA DODGERS are 32-20 (+9.6 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
LA DODGERS are 77-40 (+28.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

TORONTO is 2-2 (+0.4 Units) against LA DODGERS this season
2 of 4 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+0.1 Units)

HONG-CHIH KUO vs. TORONTO since 1997
No recent starts.

ROY HALLADAY vs. LA DODGERS since 1997
HALLADAY is 2-0 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 1.69 and a WHIP of 0.875.
His team's record is 2-0 (+2.3 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-1. (-0.2 units)

MINNESOTA (35 - 34) at NY METS (38 - 31) - 7:10 PM
SCOTT BAKER (R) vs. OLIVER PEREZ (L)
NY METS are 141-100 (+17.2 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
NY METS are 139-99 (+16.2 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
NY METS are 105-68 (+22.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
MINNESOTA is 24-8 (+12.9 Units) against the money line in an inter-league game over the last 2 seasons.
NY METS are 4-13 (-10.7 Units) against the money line in June games this season.

NY METS is 1-1 (+0.0 Units) against MINNESOTA this season
2 of 2 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+2.1 Units)

SCOTT BAKER vs. NY METS since 1997
No recent starts.

OLIVER PEREZ vs. MINNESOTA since 1997
PEREZ is 0-1 when starting against MINNESOTA with an ERA of 1.17 and a WHIP of 0.782.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.2 units)

BOSTON (45 - 25) at ATLANTA (38 - 34) - 7:35 PM
JULIAN TAVAREZ (R) vs. BUDDY CARLYLE (R)
BOSTON is 14-20 (-12.5 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 45-25 (+13.0 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
BOSTON is 25-7 (+15.3 Units) against the money line in an inter-league game over the last 2 seasons.
BOSTON is 34-15 (+16.2 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
TAVAREZ is 12-6 (+9.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
TAVAREZ is 8-2 (+9.6 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 10 to 10.5 since 1997. (Team's Record)
ATLANTA is 117-117 (-19.3 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
ATLANTA is 59-58 (-17.5 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
ATLANTA is 14-32 (-23.5 Units) against the money line in June games over the last 2 seasons.
ATLANTA is 41-46 (-26.4 Units) against the money line in home games in an inter-league game since 1997.
ATLANTA is 59-58 (-17.5 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
ATLANTA is 79-82 (-20.6 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.

BOSTON is 3-2 (+0.7 Units) against ATLANTA this season
3 of 5 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

JULIAN TAVAREZ vs. ATLANTA since 1997
TAVAREZ is 1-2 when starting against ATLANTA with an ERA of 6.60 and a WHIP of 1.933.
His team's record is 1-2 (-0.1 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 2-1. (+1.0 units)

BUDDY CARLYLE vs. BOSTON since 1997
No recent starts.

KANSAS CITY (29 - 43) at ST LOUIS (31 - 37) - 8:10 PM
GIL MECHE (R) vs. TODD WELLEMEYER (R)
KANSAS CITY is 10-28 (-14.1 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season.
MECHE is 27-40 (-20.9 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997. (Team's Record)
KANSAS CITY is 23-22 (+12.3 Units) against the money line in June games over the last 2 seasons.
KANSAS CITY is 30-31 (+19.6 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 3 seasons.
KANSAS CITY is 19-13 (+13.7 Units) against the money line in an inter-league game over the last 2 seasons.
KANSAS CITY is 71-96 (+22.2 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
KANSAS CITY is 72-92 (+28.0 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
ST LOUIS is 125-120 (-20.0 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
ST LOUIS is 125-120 (-20.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
ST LOUIS is 72-89 (-34.6 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons.
ST LOUIS is 114-112 (-36.1 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 3 seasons.

KANSAS CITY is 3-2 (+1.5 Units) against ST LOUIS this season
3 of 4 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+2.0 Units)

GIL MECHE vs. ST LOUIS since 1997
No recent starts.

TODD WELLEMEYER vs. KANSAS CITY since 1997
No recent starts.

CHICAGO CUBS (32 - 37) at TEXAS (26 - 44) - 8:35 PM
JASON MARQUIS (R) vs. KAMERON LOE (R)
CHICAGO CUBS are 32-37 (-15.1 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
CHICAGO CUBS are 32-37 (-15.1 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
CHICAGO CUBS are 598-663 (-135.1 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters since 1997.
CHICAGO CUBS are 39-58 (-22.1 Units) against the money line after a win over the last 2 seasons.
CHICAGO CUBS are 43-60 (-23.6 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.
MARQUIS is 74-80 (-32.3 Units) against the money line in all games since 1997. (Team's Record)
MARQUIS is 39-54 (-35.3 Units) against the money line in night games since 1997. (Team's Record)
MARQUIS is 17-26 (-18.4 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
TEXAS is 26-44 (-14.9 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
TEXAS is 5-21 (-15.5 Units) against the money line as a home underdog of +100 to +125 over the last 2 seasons.
TEXAS is 53-61 (-19.8 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons.
TEXAS is 0-10 (-11.0 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday this season.
TEXAS is 24-42 (-15.0 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
TEXAS is 39-46 (-17.1 Units) against the money line in home games against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
TEXAS is 43-56 (-24.1 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record over the last 2 seasons.

CHICAGO CUBS is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against TEXAS this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

JASON MARQUIS vs. TEXAS since 1997
MARQUIS is 1-0 when starting against TEXAS with an ERA of 2.57 and a WHIP of 1.429.
His team's record is 1-0 (+1.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-0. (+1.0 units)

KAMERON LOE vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
No recent starts.

NY YANKEES (35 - 33) at COLORADO (36 - 34) - 9:05 PM
ANDY PETTITTE (L) vs. JEFF FRANCIS (L)
NY YANKEES are 35-33 (-14.5 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
NY YANKEES are 12-15 (-9.2 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season.
NY YANKEES are 16-24 (-13.7 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
NY YANKEES are 1-7 (-8.7 Units) against the money line in road games against left-handed starters this season.
COLORADO is 19-11 (+10.4 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season.
COLORADO is 25-17 (+11.9 Units) against the money line in June games over the last 2 seasons.
COLORADO is 19-9 (+14.2 Units) against the money line in an inter-league game over the last 2 seasons.
FRANCIS is 28-18 (+10.7 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
FRANCIS is 28-18 (+10.7 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
NY YANKEES are 26-8 (+12.9 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 2 seasons.

COLORADO is 1-0 (+1.6 Units) against NY YANKEES this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+1.0 Units)

ANDY PETTITTE vs. COLORADO since 1997
PETTITTE is 2-0 when starting against COLORADO with an ERA of 2.29 and a WHIP of 1.068.
His team's record is 3-0 (+3.0 units) in these starts. The OVER is 1-2. (-1.0 units)

JEFF FRANCIS vs. NY YANKEES since 1997
No recent starts.

BALTIMORE (29 - 41) at SAN DIEGO (41 - 28) - 10:05 PM
JEREMY GUTHRIE (R) vs. JUSTIN GERMANO (R)
BALTIMORE is 29-41 (-14.8 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
BALTIMORE is 2-14 (-16.5 Units) against the money line in June games this season.
BALTIMORE is 3-10 (-12.1 Units) against the money line in an inter-league game this season.
BALTIMORE is 18-30 (-13.3 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters this season.
BALTIMORE is 11-29 (-20.8 Units) against the money line after a loss this season.
BALTIMORE is 105-200 (-94.6 Units) against the money line after 3 or more consecutive losses since 1997.
BALTIMORE is 43-85 (-32.8 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons.
SAN DIEGO is 130-105 (+12.9 Units) against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons.
SAN DIEGO is 24-12 (+11.9 Units) against the money line when playing on Wednesday over the last 2 seasons.
SAN DIEGO is 128-104 (+11.9 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.

SAN DIEGO is 1-0 (+1.0 Units) against BALTIMORE this season
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL this season . (Over=+1.0 Units)

JEREMY GUTHRIE vs. SAN DIEGO since 1997
No recent starts.

JUSTIN GERMANO vs. BALTIMORE since 1997
No recent starts.

HOUSTON (31 - 40) at LA ANGELS (45 - 27) - 10:05 PM
WANDY RODRIGUEZ (L) vs. ERVIN SANTANA (R)
HOUSTON is 31-40 (-12.4 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
HOUSTON is 265-258 (-56.2 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 since 1997.
HOUSTON is 31-40 (-12.4 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
HOUSTON is 82-94 (-22.7 Units) against the money line against right-handed starters over the last 2 seasons.
LA ANGELS are 45-27 (+11.3 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
LA ANGELS are 25-13 (+10.5 Units) against the money line when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season.
LA ANGELS are 45-27 (+11.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field this season.
LA ANGELS are 31-15 (+12.0 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
SANTANA is 18-5 (+12.1 Units) against the money line in home games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
SANTANA is 18-5 (+12.1 Units) against the money line in home games in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)
SANTANA is 21-6 (+14.0 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record)
LA ANGELS are 72-74 (-46.7 Units) against the money line as a home favorite of -150 to -175 since 1997.

HOUSTON is 1-1 (+0.5 Units) against LA ANGELS this season

WANDY RODRIGUEZ vs. LA ANGELS since 1997
No recent starts.

ERVIN SANTANA vs. HOUSTON since 1997
No recent starts.

PITTSBURGH (31 - 39) at SEATTLE (35 - 32) - 10:05 PM
PAUL MAHOLM (L) vs. JEFF WEAVER (R)
PITTSBURGH is 13-34 (-16.0 Units) against the money line on the road when the total is 9 to 9.5 over the last 2 seasons.
SEATTLE is 35-32 (+5.3 Units) against the money line in all games this season.
SEATTLE is 108-107 (+5.3 Units) against the money line in games played on a grass field over the last 2 seasons.
SEATTLE is 26-21 (+6.7 Units) against the money line in night games this season.
SEATTLE is 13-6 (+9.3 Units) against the money line against left-handed starters this season.
WEAVER is 13-24 (-14.7 Units) against the money line at home with a money line of -100 to -125 since 1997. (Team's Record)
WEAVER is 56-65 (-25.7 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a losing record since 1997. (Team's Record)

PITTSBURGH is 1-0 (+1.2 Units) against SEATTLE this season

PAUL MAHOLM vs. SEATTLE since 1997
No recent starts.

JEFF WEAVER vs. PITTSBURGH since 1997
WEAVER is 4-2 when starting against PITTSBURGH with an ERA of 2.30 and a WHIP of 1.170.
His team's record is 5-2 (+2.1 units) in these starts. The OVER is 4-3. (+0.9 units)

Tokens
Any root today? I know you said your buddy may not be able to email you or not.

Tokens
Series info from Raymond

series info
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1d1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->BEGINNING FRIDAY JUNE 22

Philadelphia at St. Louis (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Phillies’ have heated up (6-4, +$125), moving close to the Mets in the NL East race, and they are poised for a big weekend at Busch Stadium. The Cardinals continue to flounder well below .500, and they’ve been big money-burners in this ballpark (-$710). The Phillies have cleaned up against righthanders this year (27-17, +$745 with 5.6 runs per game) and the St. Louis rotation is currently devoid of southpaws. We expect to be using the visitor throughout the weekend, and we’ll only back off if the home team finds a lefty to send to the mound. BEST BET: Phillies vs. righthanders.

Chicago Cubs at Chicago W. Sox (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

Inter-league play has not been going well for the beleaguered White Sox (only 3-9, -$610 so far). They’ve got the weakest hitting team in the majors (.231 team BA, averaging just 3.8 runs per game) so their prospects vs. their hometown rival are not promising, given the outstanding work by Cub starters in recent days (2.73 ERA last 10). The Cubs have excellent numbers vs. righthanders in road games (+$410 with 5.5 runs per game), and the White Sox starters they are likely to face this weekend have not looked very sharp in recent outings. BEST BET: Cubs vs. righthanders.

Minnesota at Florida (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Marlins have kept reasonably close to .500 and thanks to the N.Y. Mets’ recent woes, they aren’t in too bad shape as the first half of the season begins to wind down. The anticipated return of Josh Johnson to the rotation could be just what they need to put together a decent surge in the second half. But they have lost money here at Dolphin Stadium (-$565) so caution is advised. The Twins are within striking distance in the competitive AL Central, but they are still way down for the year (-$625) and none of their starters other than Santana has looked particularly sharp. BEST BET: None.

Cleveland at Washington (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Tribe has given back a substantial chunk of the profits they amassed in April & May, as they suffer through their worst downward spiral of the season (5-6, -$380 in their last 11 games). The Nationals, to everyone’s surprise, have emerged as the mot profitable team in the NL (+$1195), cashing in huge tickets over the past couple of weeks. They’ve done their best work at RFK vs. lefties (4.6 runs per game) and there is certainly no shortage of southpaws in the Indians’ rotation. BEST BET: Nationals vs. lefthanders.

Colorado at Toronto (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Rockies have moved over the .500 level and have proved to be a formidable opponent in these inter-league contests (7-5, +$375). They are poised for a big weekend at Rogers Centre vs. a Toronto team that could be overpriced in these contests. The Blue Jays have had a terrible time with righthanders this year (only 20-27, -$960 so far) and with Jeff Francis unlikely to take a turn, they’ll have their hands full with the Colorado starters. The Rockies, on the other hand, have dominated righthanders this year (+$1255), and the Toronto rotation is currently without a lefthander. Grab those prices on the road team. BEST BET: Rockies when righty meets righty.

L.A. Dodgers at Tampa Bay (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Devil Rays have a decent offense (.263 team BA) but James Shields won’t be on the mound this weekend, and he’s the only reason that this team’s league high team ERA (5.67) isn’t higher. Scott Kazmir is a capable hurler, but the Dodgers do their best work against lefthanders (14-5, +$760 with 5.2 runs per game) so the road team will be hard to pass up when he takes his turn. We’ll look for other spots where we can use this visitor, but LA’s road numbers vs. righthanders are not encouraging (-$505 with 3.6 runs per game) so caution is advised. BEST BET: Dodgers vs. Kazmir.

Oakland at N.Y. Mets (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Mets are lead in the NL East is rapidly evaporating (2-8, -$585 last 10 days with only 3.7 runs per game and a fat 7.05 ERA among starters), so they are hosting the Athletics at the worst possible time. Oakland has the best pitching staff in MLB right now (3.30 team ERA) and they’ve been solid on the road all year (18-14, +$600). The Mets have lost a bundle here at Shea Stadium (-$695) and when you consider that they’ll still be favored or at worst pick ‘em in these games, the visitor is pretty difficult to pass up. A good chance for Oakland to take 2 out of 3. BEST BET: Athletics in all games.

Detroit at Atlanta (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Tigers stumbled a bit towards the end of May, but they’ve gotten themselves back on track (6-4, +$125 last 10 days with 6.7 runs per game), and appear poised to topple the Indians from the top slot in the AL Central. They’ve done well against some tough inter-league opponents (8-4, +$325), and they’ve been a terrific value in road games thus far (21-15, +$680 with 6.0 runs per game). The Braves are losing money at Turner Field, and their numbers vs. lefthanders this year are just awful (14-18, -$600 with 3.8 runs per game). We’ll stick with the Detroit southpaws this weekend. BEST BET: Lefthanders vs. the Braves.

Kansas City at Milwaukee (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Royals still have lots of weaknesses, but they’ve turned a nice profit in road games vs. righthanders (+$590) and could be a decent underdog value here at Miller Park. And with Chris Capuano now on the DL, they won’t be taking on any lefties unless the Brewers bring one up. Lay off anytime KC sends a southpaw to the mound (Brewers +$610 at home vs. lefties), otherwise the visitor looks like the way to go. BEST BET: Royals when righty meets righty.

Houston at Texas (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

They’ve got a pair of bad baseball teams in Texas in 2007 (Rangers only 26-43, -$1225 . . . Astros 30-39, -$1325) so it’s hard to get a decent read on this. Statistically, Houston looks like they should be doing much better (.255 team BA, 4.36 ERA, roughly average for the NL this year), but the Rangers are a complete disaster (.255 BA, 5.50 ERA, 2nd worst in the AL in both departments). If we see a price we like we’ll consider taking a shot with the visitor, but we prefer to wait until game day before we jump in. BEST BET: None.

Baltimore at Arizona (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Orioles were in 2nd place in the AL East not long ago, but they’ve fallen to the back of the pack (29-40, -$1345) and they’ll have a tough time here at Chase Field taking on a formidable Arizona squad. The home team is 18--9 (+$775) against righthanders in this ballpark and can improve those numbers, but watch out for Jeremy Guthrie (1.71 ERA in nine starts) if he happens to get a start. BEST BET: Diamondbacks vs. all righthanders except Guthrie.

Boston at San Diego (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Red Sox have posted very strong numbers vs. righties on the road this season (17-6, +$1290) so it will be interesting to see how they fare against the best pitching staff in baseball (SD 2.92) one that boasts some of the finest righthanders in MLB today. The Padres have lost money vs. righthanders here at Petco Park in night games (-$340 with 3.5 runs per game), so we’ll grab the short prices on the Bosox here. BEST BET: Red Sox when righty meets righty.

Cincinnati at Seattle (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Mariners have emerged as serious contenders in the competitive AL West, but their pitching has struggled in recent days (6.08 ERA among starters last 10) so caution is advised. We’d consider taking them if the Reds send a southpaw to the hill (Seattle 13-5, +$1095 vs. lefties this year), but that might not happen. The Reds have the worst record in the NL right now (27-43, -$1875) and there is nothing to recommend them here at Safeco. BEST BET: None.

Pittsburgh at L.A. Angels (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Pirates may not be in the same class as the first place Angels, but there might have been some opportunities to use them as underdogs if Maholm and Gorzelanny were going to be available (Angels -$120 vs. lefties at home with 4.4 runs per game vs. southpaws overall). But it appears likely that they’ll both miss this series, and given LA’s stellar performance vs. righthanders in this ballpark (19-5, +$1110), it’s worth it to take the home team in that situation at any price. BEST BET: Angels vs. righthanders.

N.Y. Yankees at San Francisco (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Yankees are the hottest team in baseball right now (9-1, +$730 last 10 days with 7.4 runs per game and a 3.87 ERA among starters), and while their overall numbers are still pretty bad, they are a lot better than they were. The Giants have dropped into last place in the NL West, and they’ve lost money vs. righthanders here at ATT PARk (-$545). We’ll take a shot with Chien-Ming Wang and Mike Mussina, who have both looked very sharp in their most recent outings (1.72 & 1.98 ERA’s respectively) and who are slated to take turns in this series. BEST BET: Wang/Mussina.

Tokens
Mike Jacobs
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Sport: MLB
Game: Marlins vs WhiteSox
Prediction: 5* UNDER
======================================== =============
Paul Leiner
Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Game: Chicago/Florida
Prediction: 5* White Sox -130
======================================== ===============
Frank Patron

Date:Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Game: MInn @ Mets

Prediction: Mets-200
======================================== ==============
Bobby Bo

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sport:MLB
Game: Minnesota vs NYM
Prediction: Over 8.5

Chad Jordan
Wednesday, June 20 2007

Match up: Boston at Atlanta
Prediction: Boston Red Sox -120 W/ Tavarez
======================================== ============
Donald Tran
Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Matchup: Detroit at Washington
Prediction: Over 9.5 Runs (Bonderman vs. Bacsik)
======================================== ===============

Jennifer Barry
Wednesday, June 20 2007

Sport: Interleague
Matchup: Cincinnati at Oakland

Prediction: Oakland As -1.5 Run Line -120 W/ Haren

Tokens
Consensus Service Plays 06.19.07 (RESULTS)

Consensus Service Plays 06.19.07 (RESULTS)

<HR style="COLOR: #fdde82" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
QUICK CHECK: Cappers Service Plays Shows A Consensus On following :

TWINS -142 (W) +1.0 un
BOSTON -123 (W) +1.0 un
MARINERS -130 (L) -1.30 un

LAD -117 (W) +1.0 un
CUBS -113 (W) +1.0 un

BOL...

RESULTS: 4-1 (+2.70 UNITS)

Consensus service plays overall record:
(55-37) 60% (+8.65 units)

Tokens
series info

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1d1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->BEGINNING FRIDAY JUNE 22

Philadelphia at St. Louis (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Phillies’ have heated up (6-4, +$125), moving close to the Mets in the NL East race, and they are poised for a big weekend at Busch Stadium. The Cardinals continue to flounder well below .500, and they’ve been big money-burners in this ballpark (-$710). The Phillies have cleaned up against righthanders this year (27-17, +$745 with 5.6 runs per game) and the St. Louis rotation is currently devoid of southpaws. We expect to be using the visitor throughout the weekend, and we’ll only back off if the home team finds a lefty to send to the mound. BEST BET: Phillies vs. righthanders.

Chicago Cubs at Chicago W. Sox (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

Inter-league play has not been going well for the beleaguered White Sox (only 3-9, -$610 so far). They’ve got the weakest hitting team in the majors (.231 team BA, averaging just 3.8 runs per game) so their prospects vs. their hometown rival are not promising, given the outstanding work by Cub starters in recent days (2.73 ERA last 10). The Cubs have excellent numbers vs. righthanders in road games (+$410 with 5.5 runs per game), and the White Sox starters they are likely to face this weekend have not looked very sharp in recent outings. BEST BET: Cubs vs. righthanders.

Minnesota at Florida (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Marlins have kept reasonably close to .500 and thanks to the N.Y. Mets’ recent woes, they aren’t in too bad shape as the first half of the season begins to wind down. The anticipated return of Josh Johnson to the rotation could be just what they need to put together a decent surge in the second half. But they have lost money here at Dolphin Stadium (-$565) so caution is advised. The Twins are within striking distance in the competitive AL Central, but they are still way down for the year (-$625) and none of their starters other than Santana has looked particularly sharp. BEST BET: None.

Cleveland at Washington (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Tribe has given back a substantial chunk of the profits they amassed in April & May, as they suffer through their worst downward spiral of the season (5-6, -$380 in their last 11 games). The Nationals, to everyone’s surprise, have emerged as the mot profitable team in the NL (+$1195), cashing in huge tickets over the past couple of weeks. They’ve done their best work at RFK vs. lefties (4.6 runs per game) and there is certainly no shortage of southpaws in the Indians’ rotation. BEST BET: Nationals vs. lefthanders.

Colorado at Toronto (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Rockies have moved over the .500 level and have proved to be a formidable opponent in these inter-league contests (7-5, +$375). They are poised for a big weekend at Rogers Centre vs. a Toronto team that could be overpriced in these contests. The Blue Jays have had a terrible time with righthanders this year (only 20-27, -$960 so far) and with Jeff Francis unlikely to take a turn, they’ll have their hands full with the Colorado starters. The Rockies, on the other hand, have dominated righthanders this year (+$1255), and the Toronto rotation is currently without a lefthander. Grab those prices on the road team. BEST BET: Rockies when righty meets righty.

L.A. Dodgers at Tampa Bay (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Devil Rays have a decent offense (.263 team BA) but James Shields won’t be on the mound this weekend, and he’s the only reason that this team’s league high team ERA (5.67) isn’t higher. Scott Kazmir is a capable hurler, but the Dodgers do their best work against lefthanders (14-5, +$760 with 5.2 runs per game) so the road team will be hard to pass up when he takes his turn. We’ll look for other spots where we can use this visitor, but LA’s road numbers vs. righthanders are not encouraging (-$505 with 3.6 runs per game) so caution is advised. BEST BET: Dodgers vs. Kazmir.

Oakland at N.Y. Mets (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Mets are lead in the NL East is rapidly evaporating (2-8, -$585 last 10 days with only 3.7 runs per game and a fat 7.05 ERA among starters), so they are hosting the Athletics at the worst possible time. Oakland has the best pitching staff in MLB right now (3.30 team ERA) and they’ve been solid on the road all year (18-14, +$600). The Mets have lost a bundle here at Shea Stadium (-$695) and when you consider that they’ll still be favored or at worst pick ‘em in these games, the visitor is pretty difficult to pass up. A good chance for Oakland to take 2 out of 3. BEST BET: Athletics in all games.

Detroit at Atlanta (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Tigers stumbled a bit towards the end of May, but they’ve gotten themselves back on track (6-4, +$125 last 10 days with 6.7 runs per game), and appear poised to topple the Indians from the top slot in the AL Central. They’ve done well against some tough inter-league opponents (8-4, +$325), and they’ve been a terrific value in road games thus far (21-15, +$680 with 6.0 runs per game). The Braves are losing money at Turner Field, and their numbers vs. lefthanders this year are just awful (14-18, -$600 with 3.8 runs per game). We’ll stick with the Detroit southpaws this weekend. BEST BET: Lefthanders vs. the Braves.

Kansas City at Milwaukee (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Royals still have lots of weaknesses, but they’ve turned a nice profit in road games vs. righthanders (+$590) and could be a decent underdog value here at Miller Park. And with Chris Capuano now on the DL, they won’t be taking on any lefties unless the Brewers bring one up. Lay off anytime KC sends a southpaw to the mound (Brewers +$610 at home vs. lefties), otherwise the visitor looks like the way to go. BEST BET: Royals when righty meets righty.

Houston at Texas (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

They’ve got a pair of bad baseball teams in Texas in 2007 (Rangers only 26-43, -$1225 . . . Astros 30-39, -$1325) so it’s hard to get a decent read on this. Statistically, Houston looks like they should be doing much better (.255 team BA, 4.36 ERA, roughly average for the NL this year), but the Rangers are a complete disaster (.255 BA, 5.50 ERA, 2nd worst in the AL in both departments). If we see a price we like we’ll consider taking a shot with the visitor, but we prefer to wait until game day before we jump in. BEST BET: None.

Baltimore at Arizona (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Orioles were in 2nd place in the AL East not long ago, but they’ve fallen to the back of the pack (29-40, -$1345) and they’ll have a tough time here at Chase Field taking on a formidable Arizona squad. The home team is 18--9 (+$775) against righthanders in this ballpark and can improve those numbers, but watch out for Jeremy Guthrie (1.71 ERA in nine starts) if he happens to get a start. BEST BET: Diamondbacks vs. all righthanders except Guthrie.

Boston at San Diego (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Red Sox have posted very strong numbers vs. righties on the road this season (17-6, +$1290) so it will be interesting to see how they fare against the best pitching staff in baseball (SD 2.92) one that boasts some of the finest righthanders in MLB today. The Padres have lost money vs. righthanders here at Petco Park in night games (-$340 with 3.5 runs per game), so we’ll grab the short prices on the Bosox here. BEST BET: Red Sox when righty meets righty.

Cincinnati at Seattle (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Mariners have emerged as serious contenders in the competitive AL West, but their pitching has struggled in recent days (6.08 ERA among starters last 10) so caution is advised. We’d consider taking them if the Reds send a southpaw to the hill (Seattle 13-5, +$1095 vs. lefties this year), but that might not happen. The Reds have the worst record in the NL right now (27-43, -$1875) and there is nothing to recommend them here at Safeco. BEST BET: None.

Pittsburgh at L.A. Angels (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Pirates may not be in the same class as the first place Angels, but there might have been some opportunities to use them as underdogs if Maholm and Gorzelanny were going to be available (Angels -$120 vs. lefties at home with 4.4 runs per game vs. southpaws overall). But it appears likely that they’ll both miss this series, and given LA’s stellar performance vs. righthanders in this ballpark (19-5, +$1110), it’s worth it to take the home team in that situation at any price. BEST BET: Angels vs. righthanders.

N.Y. Yankees at San Francisco (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Yankees are the hottest team in baseball right now (9-1, +$730 last 10 days with 7.4 runs per game and a 3.87 ERA among starters), and while their overall numbers are still pretty bad, they are a lot better than they were. The Giants have dropped into last place in the NL West, and they’ve lost money vs. righthanders here at ATT PARk (-$545). We’ll take a shot with Chien-Ming Wang and Mike Mussina, who have both looked very sharp in their most recent outings (1.72 & 1.98 ERA’s respectively) and who are slated to take turns in this series. BEST BET: Wang/Mussina.

Great Work...there is a site called MYCAPPER.com and they have a handicapping crew they refer to as MASTERBETS and they've been on a roll it seems and I have used them in the past and they did well...just wondering if anyone gets those plays to post because it gets expensive...good luck PP

Tokens
THE PICKS PRODIGY,

I will ask around.

zuman,

Great Job and finally a winning day for the consensus.

Tokens
Thanks B B, Go Figure... After All That Beating Still Showing 60% W/l Record & (+8.65 Units).

Waiting On Some More Service Plays B4 Giving It Another Shot. Sent U Email For U To Review.

Tokens
Tony Onio

Game 1
New York (35-33) at Colorado (36-34)

It’s all about the Yankees today with the staff ace Andy Pettite on the mound. For those who haven’t been paying attention it appears that they have righted the ship and Pettite has been solid all season. Being a ground ball pitcher the thin air at Coors field should not have a huge effect on him. On the other hand the Yankee offense seems to be rejuvenated and I don’t see any reason they will have trouble scoring runs at Coors field today.

Francis is pitching well but he hasn‘t had to face many lineups near the caliber of the New York Yankees. The National League West is not exactly a ferocious offensive league. Most of his starts have been against division opponents and that I believe is a good reason he’s been able to keep the ERA down. Francis pitched well against Boston his last time out but I have a feeling he gets a real taste of what it’s like to pitch to a real offensive threat today.

The Yankees are 13-4 since the start of June due to another offensive explosion from A-Rod and a much more stable rotation. If the Yankees can take the early lead this one could be over before the Rockies take get their first at bats. Expect a higher scoring game today with the Yankees getting the better of it.

1000♦YANKEES

Game 2
Los Angeles Dodgers (40-30) vs. Toronto Blue Jays (33-36)

Today the Dodgers take on the Blue Jays in Toronto. Yesterday it was all about the Dodgers with Penny on the hill but I’m swinging in a the other direction today. Halladay is 3-0 in his last four starts since coming off the disabled list including one win against the Dodgers in LA. Besides a stumble against Tampa Bay he seems to be back to his old self. Of Halladay’s 12 starts this season he has only had three game in which he has given up more than three earned runs two of which happened right before he landed on the DL. So you need to throw out the numbers, this is a Cy Young winner we’re talking about against Kuo who only has eight Major League starts to his credit.

Even though the Dodgers put up 10 yesterday I wouldn’t be overly concerned with their offense as it tends to disappear. Toronto seems to be scoring more frequently of late. In the month of June they have scored 7 or more runs 6 times while the Dodgers have only twice.

This is an important stretch for the Jays and if they are to have any shot at contending for a Wild Card this is not a game they can afford to lose. Offensively both teams are fairly evenly matched with a slight edge to Toronto being the home team. This game is all about pitching and for my money I’ll go with the Cy Young winner.

500♦TORONTO

Tokens
Consensus Service Plays 06.20.07

Consensus Service Plays 06.20.07

QUICK CHECK: Cappers Service Plays Shows A Consensus On following :

YANKEES
BLUEJAYS
ROYALS

TIGERS OV 9.5
PIRATES OV 9.5

BOL...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steelreign
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com