Phillies @ Cardinals
Eaton vs Wainwright
Pick: Cardinals -110 (Game of the Year)

Red Sox @ Padres
Wakefield vs Young
Pick: Red Sox +110

Marc Lawrence
Philadelphia/Eaton over St. Louis

Phillies right hander Adam Eaton takes on the Cardinals in Game Two of this series knowing he has cased in three of his last four road starts in June. With Eaton in solid current form, and Philadelphia 9-3 away in Game Two of a series this season, look for the Redbirds to take it on the chin once again today.

Vegas Experts
Chicago Cubs at Chicago White Sox

White Sox continue to be plagued by poor relief pitching and lack of timely hitting. They have lost 23 of their last 32 games, 8 of their last 11 and 12-of-16 in inter-league play. Javier Vazquez has recorded just one win in five home starts this season. Supporting angle says to Play Against - Any team (CHI WHITE SOX) - bad AL offensive team (<=4.5 runs/game) against a good NL starting pitcher (ERA<=3.70), cold hitting team - batting .250 or worse over their last 20 games. (53-16 since 1997, 76.8%).

Play on: Chicago Cubs

Dave Cokin
(969) LA Dodgers
(970) TAM Devil Rays

Take "(970) TAM Devil Rays"

Scott Kazmir still hasn't registered a win at home this season, but the D-Rays have managed to go 4-4 in his eight starts at home. I see Kazmir breaking through and getting that elusive victory here as he battles fellow lefty Randy Wolf and the Dodgers. It looks to me as though Wolf may be wearing down a bit, as his strikeout numbers are beginning to dive. That's a sign of possible fatigue and the Tampa Bay bats are good enough to take advantage. After cashing the Friday Bonus Play on the Dodgers, I'll try to beat the hand that just fed me by playing the D-Rays here

Jim Feist
957) HOU Astros
(958) TEX Rangers

Take "Over"

Two pitchers that have seen better days are matched up today as the Astros and Rangers renew their Intrastate IL Rivalry. Roy Oswalt goes for the Astros and while he does sport a 7-4 record, his era is a bit high at 3.51. On the road the numbers drop dramatically as his record is just 2-3 and the era an inflated 5.92. Jamey Wright starts for the Rangers and Wright has been all wrong in his first two starts. Wright started back in April and lasted just 2 2/3 innings while allowoing five hits and five earned runs to Tampa Bay. His next start, last week on June 16th, wasn't much more productive; five innings, nine hits and four earned runs. The bad news for Wright is that his next loss will make 100 on his career versus just 67 wins. We aren't thrilled with either pitcher here so we'll look for lots of hits and runs and the game to go OVER the total on Saturday.

IC: June 23rd (526/859)

Have a lot of writing to proof this evening as if you check the site later this evening, I will have it published.

5 plays on the card today. Had to sleep on it and I still like all of them - lol.

Detroit Tigers -159

I couldn't wait for this game as I think Verlander is far better than Davies and the Tigers offense is in a whole another league than anyone else's offense right now. The Tigers are 10-4 when Verlander is on the mound and he was a stud last year and he continues to be a solid pitcher yet again this year. Verlander is 8-2 with a 2.90 ERA and 4-1 wih a 2.76 ERA on the road. Imagine the disarray that the Braves are in right now? The hitting is not getting it done as they got smoked by the Red Sox, Andruw Jones is hitting less than .200 of late and the Braves fans are getting very sick of him, very fast. This is similar to Pat Burrell and the Phillies - lol. The Tigers hit fast balls very well and Davies throws just that and if the Braves can tee off Smoltz, they can certainly have their way with Davies in my mind. Verlander has had 1 bad quality start out of the past 7 and I expect him to do his usual 7 innings and 2 earned runs while Davies gets rocked for 4-5 runs in 5 innings. Davies is 3-6 with a 5.65 ERA on the season. Tigers have won thier last 4 road games and the Braves are 1-9 in their last 10 games against a team at home with a winning record. I hate taking the run-line here as I had this pegged at -150 last night, and I had it in the cutoff, but I have it at -159 today, and -160 is my limit. Frankly, I do think the Tigers cover the run-line at +100, but I don't mind laying it up to -160 to making sure that there isn't some late inning heroics by the Braves with the shady Tigers bullpen, but I certainly won't lay off playing this game either.

Cleveland/wash over 10

Paul Byrd gives up a ton of hits. I mean he gives up a ton of hits. You know how much I love overs typically with the Indians and I think the Nats get their bats going today against Byrd. The Nats have been playing very good baseball of late winning series upon series and they took it to Carmona recently which just shows that this team can ball. Byrd has given up 31 hits and 16 earned runs in his last 3 starts while Chico has pitched well this year, he did get rocked for 17 hits against the AL teams of the Orioles and Tigers. Indians can't be too thrilled of how the series against the Nats are going and I think they rock Chico for 5-6 runs and I think the Nats enjoy batting against Byrd as 10 is not a bad price to take here and I think game will be a final of 7-5 of sorts. The over is 5-2 in Byrd's last 7 road starts and the over is 8-0-1 when the Nats face a pitcher with WHIP of greater than 1.30 and the over is 5-0 when Diaz's is behind home plate for Cleveland ball games. Cleveland put up 1 run on the board yesterday and I expect them to do a little bit better today while the Nats hold their own.

Cincy/Seattle Over 9.5

Seattle took it up the chin bad yesterday and in embarassing fashion by the Reds. Having a team score 16 runs off of you and then you scoring 1 run in return is not the ideal notion of fun for many ball players. Kyle Lohse takes the mound and he has given up 9 earned runs in his last 2 games in interleague action while Washburn has not been himself of late as he has given up 27 earned runs in his last 7 starts and considering he only averages 5 innings a ballgame and he is giving 4 runs during that stint, that is not efficient. I think the Mariners will bounce-back nicely against Lohse and put a ton of runs across the plate and I think the Reds will do the same on Washburn as the Reds are hitting better of late as well. Take out the 3 unders played by the Reds at Oakland and this team had been playing overs at a good rate. The over is 4-1-1 in Washburn's last 6 interleague starts, the over is 5-1 when the Reds face a pitcher with WHIP greater than 1.3 as well as the over is 5-1 in the Reds last 6 games with the total of 9-10.5.

Phililes/Cards Under 10

I like this under a good deal with Eaton and Wainright. Both of these offenses are suspect, in particular the Cardinals and Eaton has pitched very well for the Phillies. Their ERA's of 5.3 and 4.7 help aid the total in being 10, but their ERA's have come down of late which helps in this under. Eaton has given up 5 earned runs in his last 3 starts and that was against the Mets, Tigers and White Sox. In his last 6 starts, Wain has given up 4 runs or less and typically has solid bounce-back performances after giving up 4 runs. For example, he gave up 8 runs to the Dodgers on 5/15 only to give up 2 runs tot the Pirates on the 22nd. He gave up 4 runs to the Reds earlier this season and then came back to give 0 earned runs to the Royals. Then on a home and home with the Royals he gave up 4 runs, and now I expect him to have a solid start based on that start. Sandwiched in between those starts were solid starts of 2 earned runs for 6-7 innings. The under is 4-0 in the Phillies last 4 in the NL Central and the under is 5-1 when Wainright pitches with a total of 9-10.5 set and this is an awfully high total for a Cardinals ballgame with these 2 pitchers, so I will take the under. I have this score at 5-3.

Wash/Chicago Over 152

I was so angry when I saw this line. From here on out out I will put these analysis up early in the morning because covers.com is flat out lying when it comes to the opening lines they are stating. The true opening line of this game last night when I saw this was 151 and then I wake up to see them claiming that the opening line was something different. Either way, the line is shifting far too much over the night. The basic premise of this play is that Washington now wants to be the poor man's Phoenix Mercury and run, run and run. If the Houston Comets can put up 95 on this team, I can bank on the fact that the Chicago Sky who just had a tough defensive matchup against the Monarchs can put up 80+ on this team as well. The Mystics are no sham either as they put up 106 on Phoenix, the highest regular scoring game in the WNBA and 85 on the Coments. I have both of these teams getting into the 80's for this game. The over is 5-1 in the Mystics last 6 road games and the over is 4-1 when the Sky are playing on 3 or more days rest.

*Done

totals 4 u
Top Play
LAD UNDER 9
Reg Plays
Phil UNDER 10
Wash UNDER 10
Det UNDER 9-
Cincy UNDER 9-

THE SPORTS ADVISORS

INTERLEAGUE

Detroit (43-29) at Atlanta (38-36)

ATS ADVANTAGE: DETROIT
Justin Verlander (8-2, 2.90 ERA) shoots for his fourth straight victory when he takes the ball for the surging Tigers in the middle game of their series at slumping Atlanta. The Braves will counter with Kyle Davies (3-6, 5.65).
Detroit dealt the Braves their third consecutive shutout loss, and in doing so ran its current winning streak to five in a row. Jim Leyland’s squad is now 6-1 on its current road trip, scoring a total of 59 runs in the process.
The Braves have been blanked in three straight games and have gone 29 consecutive innings without scoring a run. Atlanta is just 6-13 in its last 19, scoring three runs or less in 12 of those contests. Bobby Cox’s team is also just 4-11 in its last 15 home games.
Including Friday’s result, the Tigers are 12-4 in interleague play, while the Braves are 4-9.
Verlander followed up his first career no-hitter with Sunday’s 7-4 win at Philadelphia, giving up three runs on seven hits in six innings. The Tigers are 7-2 in Verlander’s last nine appearances, and the righthander has yielded two runs of fewer in seven of those contests.
Davies has surrendered exactly five earned runs and exactly six hits in each of his last three starts, failing to last more than 5 1/3 innings in any of those games. Atlanta lost all three and is just 2-5 in Davies’ last seven starts.
Verlander is 4-1 with a 2.76 ERA on the road, while Davies is just 1-2 with a 6.00 ERA in six starts at home. On the bright side for Davies, the Braves won all three of his no-decisions at home.
The over is 4-1-1 in Verlander’s last six starts and 9-4 when Davies starts.
Overall, Atlanta is on a 6-2-1 "under" run, and the under is 6-1 in the seven meetings between these squads going back to 2002. On the flip side, the Tigers are 6-3 "over" in their last nine, including 4-1 "over" in the last five. The over is also 10-2-2 in Detroit’s last 14 road games and 21-6-2 in their last 29 games played on grass.

Oakland (39-33) at N.Y. Mets (39-32)
ATS ADVANTAGE: OVER

Orlando Hernandez (2-4, 3.62) looks to bounce back from back-to-back ugly outings when he leads the Mets against Joe Kennedy (3-10, 3.62) and the A’s in the middle game of this interleague tussle at Shea Stadium.
New York pounded out a 9-1 victory last night, but is still mired in its worst slump of the season, going 5-14 since the start of June, including 3-7 at home. The Mets, who started the month with a 34-18 record, have seen their lead in the N.L. East shrink to two games over the Phillies.
Including last night’s setback, the A’s are 13-6 in their last 19, including 5-2 on the road.
Hernandez is coming off consecutive road losses to the Dodgers (5-3) and Yankees (8-2), giving up nearly as many earned runs in those two games (10) as he did in his first eight starts (11). In Sunday’s loss in the Bronx, El Duque yielded six runs on seven hits (two home runs) while pitching a season-low 4 2/3 innings. After his last two starts, the veteran righthander’s ERA has risen from 1.94 to 3.08.
Going back to his days in the American League, El Duque has made eight starts against the A’s, going 5-0 with a 2.68 ERA. However, he hasn’t faced Oakland since 2002.
Kennedy has pitched well all season, giving up three earned runs or fewer in 11 of his 13 starts, but Oakland is just 3-10 in those outings, including 1-5 in his last six. On Sunday against St. Louis, Kennedy yielded four runs (three earned) on seven hits in just five innings, getting a no-decision as the A’s fell 10-6 at home.
The A’s are 1-5 when Kennedy makes a road start, with the southpaw going 1-3 with a 4.54 ERA. Meanwhile, Hernandez is 1-1 with a 2.88 ERA in four home starts, giving up just two earned runs in his last three home outings spanning 20 innings (0.90 ERA).
The over has hit in each of the last two starts for Hernandez and Kennedy.
Last night’s game barely nudged over the total, and the over is now 7-2 in Oakland’s last nine on the road, all in interleague action, while the Mets are also 9-3 "over" in their last 12 overall.

The consensus among the top 2 Arena cappers is Tampa Bay.

The consensus among the top 2 WNBA cappers is Detroit.

geothegreek
member since 10/18/2006
Survivor Pick Record: 83-79-5 (WNBA = 8-3)
Sat = WNBA Washington
---This capper lost his first 3 WNBA pick and then won 8 in a row---

kingjames3
member since 10/24/2006
Survivor Pick Record: 95-84-5 (Arena = 8-2)
Sat = Arena Tampa Bay
---This capper is 80% on Arena picks.

Freebies

Ray Quick MLB = -20.70 units
KC for 5 units

BullMarket Sports MLB = -28.10 units
Tampa Bay for 5 units

Untouchable Dime Players MLB = +4.80 units (free overall service)
CWS for 1 unit

BIG AL'S EARLY AFTERNOON MLB WINNER @ 1 PM
Al McMordie's Hot Streak here crashed to a halt, as he suffered an 0-3 ticket, which dropped his run to 10-6. But the best 'cappers always bounce back, and Al will definitely do that, as he's targeting an EARLY game that has S-L-A-U-G-H-T-E-R written all over it. Get your day off to a F-A-S-T start, and jump on this Winner right now.

St. Louis Cardinals
Price: $15.00

Tokens
Big Al McMordie
Bonus Play: Baltimore Orioles vs Arizona Diamondbacks
At 9:40pm our complimentary selection is on the Baltimore Orioles and the Arizona Diamondbacks 'under' the total. The Orioles have seen a lot of changes over the past week. First, in an effort to get something going for this once-proud franchise, the front office fired manager Sam Perlozzo. A replacement has not yet been chosen although Joe Girardi has already turned down the job. Next the Orioles have hired long-time baseball executive Andy MacPhail to basically run the O's operation and MacPhail is desperately trying to find somebody who will take the top job in the dugout. The next change was anything but uplifting. Baltimore's best player Miguel Tejada was placed on the DL and his consecutive games streak will end at 1,152, the fifth longest in Major League history. The O's hapless offense, already without catcher Ramon Hernandez, who is the DL again, can ill-afford to be without Tejada's bat. And since this is a game at a National League park, the Orioles will have another disadvantage in having to bring their pitchers to the plate. The only good news for Baltimore is that their young starters have been performing very well, including tonight's 26 year old lefty Brian Burres, who has had several very good outings in a row. D-Backs veteran Livan Hernandez has had back-to-back poor starts but he is still an innings eater and facing a weak lineup like Baltimore after the likes of Tampa Bay and the Yankees should be just what he needs to get back on track. Take the 'under' . As always, good luck...Al McMordie. Al McMordie's Hot Streak here crashed to a halt, as he suffered an 0-3 ticket, which dropped his run to 10-6. But the best 'cappers always bounce back, and Al will definitely do that, as he's targeting an EARLY game that has S-L-A-U-G-H-T-E-R written all over it. Get your day off to a F-A-S-T start, and jump on this Winner right now.

Jeff Alexander
Bonus Play: Philadelphia Phillies vs Saint Louis Cardinals
Philadelphia +103 (listing Eaton and Wainwright) Eaton is 15-4 against the money line when pitching against a marginal losing team (Win Pct. 46% to 49%) since 1997. He is 29-15 against the money line in day games since 1997 and 32-17 against the money line in all games over the last 2 seasons so the old boy is still getting it done. The Phillies are 6-1 against St. Louis in all games played in St. Louis over the last 3 seasons. As you can see by yesterday's 6-0 victory, Busch treats them very well. Take the Phillies.

Dave Price
Bonus Play: Cleveland Indians vs Washington Nationals
1 Unit on Cleveland -153 (listing Byrd and Chico) After going down to Washington yesterday, we can expect the Tribe to bounce back here today behind Byrd. The 6-3 Byrd gives the Tribe the big edge over the lefty Chico who is just 3-5 this season. Not to mention, the Indians have crushed lefties going 13-8 against southpaw starters this season. We'll take the Indians Saturday

Cappersaccess
(Sat) MLB W. Sox Cubs 110 W. Sox
(Sat) MLB Tigers Braves 140 Braves

maddux sports
Today's Free Pick is Arizona -138

Drew Gordon

So why am I so convinced the Cubs will win back-to-back games in this series? Simple, his name is Rich Hill, one of the better lefties in the National League, regardless of his recent semi-slide. He's 1-1 with a 4.58 ERA over his last 3 starts, but he's been better than those numbers indicate. His loss to the Padres in his last start was one of his most disappointing (some say he was tipping pitches) and Hill will be fired up to redeem himself this afternoon.
Besides the fact Javier Vazquez has been nothing more than average all season, going 0-2 with a 6.00 ERA over his last 3 starts (all White Sox losses), the White Sox are still failing to support their pitchers... More of the same this afternoon, as the White Sox are batting just .221 on the season against lefties!
Bottom line, the Cubs add to the White Sox misery with another decided victory over their cross-town rivals in this one. Hill bounces back strong against the pathetic White Sox offense, while Vazquez will be tested by the Cubs, specifically Derek Lee, who's 15 for 41 with 3 dingers against Vazquez!
Take the Chicago Cubs behind Hill over the Chicago White Sox in this interleague rivalry showdown.

3? CHI. CUBS

John Ryan

Game: Los Angeles Dodgers at Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Jun 23 2007 7:10PM

Prediction: Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Reason: Ai Simulator 3* graded play on Tampa Bay - Kazmir is one of th ebest young guns in MLB and LAD starter Wolf has been really struggling over his last several starts. TB bullpen is a real mess, but Kazmir has gone 6+ innings in 5 of his last 6 starts. Kazmir does bring his ?A? game to the ball park when facing a strong team. KAZMIR is 20-13 (+16.2 Units) against the money line when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 3 seasons. (Team's Record) TAMPA BAY is 7-1 (+7.6 Units) against the money line in home games after having lost 4 or 5 of their last 6 games this season. LA DODGERS are 14-31 (-20.3 Units) against the money line in an inter-league game over the last 3 seasons

TONY ONIO
1000?COLORADO
500?TIGERS
500?HOUSTON

Tokens
Brandon Lang - courtesy of omniclone

20 Dime

Tigers -1.5 runs

10 Dime

Cubs

5 Dimes

Phillies
Marlins
KC
Orioles
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
totals 4 u
Top Play
LAD UNDER 9
Reg Plays
Phil UNDER 10
Wash UNDER 10
Det UNDER 9-
Cincy UNDER 9-

Tokens
Scott Spreitzer's 28-5, 85% TKO Game of the Year! (Day Game) Won KO GOY!
My TKO GOY is a play on the Tigers with Verlander over Davies. No need to go into details with these two starters if you've been even remotely following the MLB season. Justin Verlander is smoking-hot and Kyle Davies is not! Besides their overall numbers, the two also follow suit in day action. Verlander owns strong daytime numbers while his counterpart has been downright awful under the sun. I expect those numbers to continue today. The Tigers have crushed righties in afternoon action for 6.00 RPG in 10 tries. Meanwhile, the Braves are scoring just 3.3 RPG in day starts against visiting right-handers. Atlanta is just 29-46 in their last 65 June outings. The Tigers enter this one a perfect 4-0 in away action in this price range. They're 9-1 against right-handers with Verlander on the hill, 9-3 as chalk with the young righty, and 4-1 in his five day starts. Add in ATL's 0-2 mark against the AL Central when Davies starts and we have a combined, 28-5, 85% situation. We'll lay it with the Tigers, our TKO GOY on Saturday.

Larry Ness' Weekend Wipeout Winner-Day (11-3 with Wipeout Winners since May 6!)
My Weekend Wipeout Winner is on the Det Tigers at 3:55 ET. Can things get any worse for the Braves? Detroit won Friday's opening game of its three-games series with Atlanta 5-0, sending the Braves to their third consecutive shutout loss. The Braves, who have not scored in 28 innings, had not suffered three consecutive shutouts since 1988. They haven't been shut out in four straight games since May 8-12, 1985. Detroit starter Kenny Rogers made his first start of the season after a blood clot was removed from his pitching shoulder in the spring and allowed only two hits in six innings. Things WON'T get any easier for the Braves on Saturday when they face Verlander (8-2, 2.90 ERA), who has won all six of his career interleague starts while posting a 2.11 ERA. In three starts against the NL this season, he owns a 1.96 ERA. There's been no "sophomore jinx" for Verlander, as he's allowed three ERs or less in 13 of his 14 starts this year (team is 10-4). He'll be pitching for team that leads the majors with a team BA of .295 and averages a ML-high 6.2 RPG. The Tigers will face Atlanta righty Kyle Davies, who has lost three straight with an 8.36 ERA. Davies was brutal last year with an 8.39 ERA in 14 starts and after 13 starts this year, has a 5.65 ERA, despite some good efforts earlier this season. The Tigers were a ML-best 49-32 on the road last year and are well on their way to matching (or topping) that mark this year, as they enter this game 25-15 (plus-$1,087) away from Comerica Park. Weekend Wipeout Winner on the Det Tigers.

Good Luck...Larry

Larry Ness' 15* IL Bailout GOW (now 61-16 with 15* GOW plays since Opening Day!)
My 15* play is on the SD Padres at 10:05 ET. San Diego loaded the bases on walks with no outs in the first inning of Friday's series opener against Boston starter Daisuke Matsuzaka but managed to plate only one run in the inning. Matsuzaka and four relievers held the Padres scoreless the rest of the way, out-pitching Greg Maddux as Boston held on for a 2-1 win. The Red Sox have allowed just one run over their three-game winning streak and will enter this game 24-13 (plus-$1,136) on the road, including 20-6 (plus-$1,590) when facing right-handers away from Fenway. That's the bad news for the Padres. However, there is more than a little good news. The right-hander the Red Sox will have to beat tonight is the 6-10 Chris Young. Young proved to be nearly unbeatable on the road the last couple of years. The Dodgers snapped Young's streak of 25 consecutive road starts without a loss back on April 15. Young was 9-0 with 16 no-decisions on the road dating to June 25, 2005, at Houston when he was with Texas. This year however, he has been nearly perfect here at Petco Park. In six home starts, he's allowed a miniscule 26 hits and just five ERs in 41 innings. That's an ERA of 1.10 ERA! Also note that the Padres won't be up against Matsuzaka. Rather, they'll face Tom Wakefield. Wakefield started the year strong, posting a 1.58 ERA over his first seven starts. However, his ERA is 7.78 over his last seven starts, so there's no reason NOT to think that the Padre bats will have little trouble. Young won't need too many runs. IL Bailout GOW 15* SD Padres.

Good Luck...Larry

Tokens
Gator Report for Saturday

MLB (Saturday): Play Over MLB (NL) teams when the total is 8.5 to 10 with a team batting average of .255 or worse on the year facing an opponent with a starting pitcher whose WHIP is <= 0.800 over his last 3 starts.
(48-19 since 1997.) (71.6%) PLAY: NYY / San Francisco OVER 8.5 (-115)

Tokens
Series info from Raymond

series info

BEGINNING FRIDAY JUNE 22

Philadelphia at St. Louis (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Phillies’ have heated up (6-4, +$125), moving close to the Mets in the NL East race, and they are poised for a big weekend at Busch Stadium. The Cardinals continue to flounder well below .500, and they’ve been big money-burners in this ballpark (-$710). The Phillies have cleaned up against righthanders this year (27-17, +$745 with 5.6 runs per game) and the St. Louis rotation is currently devoid of southpaws. We expect to be using the visitor throughout the weekend, and we’ll only back off if the home team finds a lefty to send to the mound. BEST BET: Phillies vs. righthanders.

Chicago Cubs at Chicago W. Sox (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

Inter-league play has not been going well for the beleaguered White Sox (only 3-9, -$610 so far). They’ve got the weakest hitting team in the majors (.231 team BA, averaging just 3.8 runs per game) so their prospects vs. their hometown rival are not promising, given the outstanding work by Cub starters in recent days (2.73 ERA last 10). The Cubs have excellent numbers vs. righthanders in road games (+$410 with 5.5 runs per game), and the White Sox starters they are likely to face this weekend have not looked very sharp in recent outings. BEST BET: Cubs vs. righthanders.

Minnesota at Florida (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Marlins have kept reasonably close to .500 and thanks to the N.Y. Mets’ recent woes, they aren’t in too bad shape as the first half of the season begins to wind down. The anticipated return of Josh Johnson to the rotation could be just what they need to put together a decent surge in the second half. But they have lost money here at Dolphin Stadium (-$565) so caution is advised. The Twins are within striking distance in the competitive AL Central, but they are still way down for the year (-$625) and none of their starters other than Santana has looked particularly sharp. BEST BET: None.

Cleveland at Washington (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Tribe has given back a substantial chunk of the profits they amassed in April & May, as they suffer through their worst downward spiral of the season (5-6, -$380 in their last 11 games). The Nationals, to everyone’s surprise, have emerged as the mot profitable team in the NL (+$1195), cashing in huge tickets over the past couple of weeks. They’ve done their best work at RFK vs. lefties (4.6 runs per game) and there is certainly no shortage of southpaws in the Indians’ rotation. BEST BET: Nationals vs. lefthanders.

Colorado at Toronto (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Rockies have moved over the .500 level and have proved to be a formidable opponent in these inter-league contests (7-5, +$375). They are poised for a big weekend at Rogers Centre vs. a Toronto team that could be overpriced in these contests. The Blue Jays have had a terrible time with righthanders this year (only 20-27, -$960 so far) and with Jeff Francis unlikely to take a turn, they’ll have their hands full with the Colorado starters. The Rockies, on the other hand, have dominated righthanders this year (+$1255), and the Toronto rotation is currently without a lefthander. Grab those prices on the road team. BEST BET: Rockies when righty meets righty.

L.A. Dodgers at Tampa Bay (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Devil Rays have a decent offense (.263 team BA) but James Shields won’t be on the mound this weekend, and he’s the only reason that this team’s league high team ERA (5.67) isn’t higher. Scott Kazmir is a capable hurler, but the Dodgers do their best work against lefthanders (14-5, +$760 with 5.2 runs per game) so the road team will be hard to pass up when he takes his turn. We’ll look for other spots where we can use this visitor, but LA’s road numbers vs. righthanders are not encouraging (-$505 with 3.6 runs per game) so caution is advised. BEST BET: Dodgers vs. Kazmir.

Oakland at N.Y. Mets (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Mets are lead in the NL East is rapidly evaporating (2-8, -$585 last 10 days with only 3.7 runs per game and a fat 7.05 ERA among starters), so they are hosting the Athletics at the worst possible time. Oakland has the best pitching staff in MLB right now (3.30 team ERA) and they’ve been solid on the road all year (18-14, +$600). The Mets have lost a bundle here at Shea Stadium (-$695) and when you consider that they’ll still be favored or at worst pick ‘em in these games, the visitor is pretty difficult to pass up. A good chance for Oakland to take 2 out of 3. BEST BET: Athletics in all games.

Detroit at Atlanta (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Tigers stumbled a bit towards the end of May, but they’ve gotten themselves back on track (6-4, +$125 last 10 days with 6.7 runs per game), and appear poised to topple the Indians from the top slot in the AL Central. They’ve done well against some tough inter-league opponents (8-4, +$325), and they’ve been a terrific value in road games thus far (21-15, +$680 with 6.0 runs per game). The Braves are losing money at Turner Field, and their numbers vs. lefthanders this year are just awful (14-18, -$600 with 3.8 runs per game). We’ll stick with the Detroit southpaws this weekend. BEST BET: Lefthanders vs. the Braves.

Kansas City at Milwaukee (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Royals still have lots of weaknesses, but they’ve turned a nice profit in road games vs. righthanders (+$590) and could be a decent underdog value here at Miller Park. And with Chris Capuano now on the DL, they won’t be taking on any lefties unless the Brewers bring one up. Lay off anytime KC sends a southpaw to the mound (Brewers +$610 at home vs. lefties), otherwise the visitor looks like the way to go. BEST BET: Royals when righty meets righty.

Houston at Texas (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

They’ve got a pair of bad baseball teams in Texas in 2007 (Rangers only 26-43, -$1225 . . . Astros 30-39, -$1325) so it’s hard to get a decent read on this. Statistically, Houston looks like they should be doing much better (.255 team BA, 4.36 ERA, roughly average for the NL this year), but the Rangers are a complete disaster (.255 BA, 5.50 ERA, 2nd worst in the AL in both departments). If we see a price we like we’ll consider taking a shot with the visitor, but we prefer to wait until game day before we jump in. BEST BET: None.

Baltimore at Arizona (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Orioles were in 2nd place in the AL East not long ago, but they’ve fallen to the back of the pack (29-40, -$1345) and they’ll have a tough time here at Chase Field taking on a formidable Arizona squad. The home team is 18--9 (+$775) against righthanders in this ballpark and can improve those numbers, but watch out for Jeremy Guthrie (1.71 ERA in nine starts) if he happens to get a start. BEST BET: Diamondbacks vs. all righthanders except Guthrie.

Boston at San Diego (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Red Sox have posted very strong numbers vs. righties on the road this season (17-6, +$1290) so it will be interesting to see how they fare against the best pitching staff in baseball (SD 2.92) one that boasts some of the finest righthanders in MLB today. The Padres have lost money vs. righthanders here at Petco Park in night games (-$340 with 3.5 runs per game), so we’ll grab the short prices on the Bosox here. BEST BET: Red Sox when righty meets righty.

Cincinnati at Seattle (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Mariners have emerged as serious contenders in the competitive AL West, but their pitching has struggled in recent days (6.08 ERA among starters last 10) so caution is advised. We’d consider taking them if the Reds send a southpaw to the hill (Seattle 13-5, +$1095 vs. lefties this year), but that might not happen. The Reds have the worst record in the NL right now (27-43, -$1875) and there is nothing to recommend them here at Safeco. BEST BET: None.

Pittsburgh at L.A. Angels (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Pirates may not be in the same class as the first place Angels, but there might have been some opportunities to use them as underdogs if Maholm and Gorzelanny were going to be available (Angels -$120 vs. lefties at home with 4.4 runs per game vs. southpaws overall). But it appears likely that they’ll both miss this series, and given LA’s stellar performance vs. righthanders in this ballpark (19-5, +$1110), it’s worth it to take the home team in that situation at any price. BEST BET: Angels vs. righthanders.

N.Y. Yankees at San Francisco (3) 22nd, 23rd, 24th

The Yankees are the hottest team in baseball right now (9-1, +$730 last 10 days with 7.4 runs per game and a 3.87 ERA among starters), and while their overall numbers are still pretty bad, they are a lot better than they were. The Giants have dropped into last place in the NL West, and they’ve lost money vs. righthanders here at ATT PARk (-$545). We’ll take a shot with Chien-Ming Wang and Mike Mussina, who have both looked very sharp in their most recent outings (1.72 & 1.98 ERA’s respectively) and who are slated to take turns in this series. BEST BET: Wang/Mussina.

Tokens
Rob Veno Freebie: Cubs
After four consecutive quality starts, Cubs southpaw Rich Hill had a clunker his last time out and I'll look for a strong rebound from him here. He gains an immediate advantage against this opponent since the White Sox are Major League Baseball's worst hitting team versus left handers with a .221 average. Hill himself has been tough on offenses this season allowing just a .274 on base average while posting a stellar 1.04 WHIP. His only downfall thus far has been the 15 home runs he's allowed but Chicago has not exhibited overwhelming power cranking out 66 round trippers which is places them in a tie for 16th among all teams. Look for Hill to control southside Chicago's lineup and with the emergence of Carlos Marmol, he now has a couple of competent late innings bullpen pieces to help garner a victory. For the ChiSox, it figures to be Javier Vazquez on the hill and he's had a tough time at home this season going 1-3 with a 4.60 ERA. The Cubs lineup now has 3B Aramis Ramirez back for this contest and they can also add Mark DeRosa into their offensive mix since this game is in an AL park. Only 3 of Vazquez's last 10 starts have been quality and with the Cubs combination of speed and power, expect them to get their 4-5 runs off him as well. The Sox miserable bullpen which ranks 30th in ERA can also assist the visitors on the scoreboard so look for a nice win for "Sweet" Lou's team. Recommendation: Chicago Cubs

Trev Rogers
A's/Mets Under 8.5

Yankees/Giants Under 8.5

D'Backs -135

Handicapper World
Phillies @ Cardinals
Eaton vs Wainwright
Pick: Cardinals -110 (Game of the Year)

Red Sox @ Padres
Wakefield vs Young
Pick: Red Sox +110

Tokens
Michael Cannon Money Train
Saturday's Plays:

20 Dime - DODGERS (With Wolf as listed pitcher)
10 Dime - TWINS (With Silva and Johnson as listed pitchers)
5 Dime - PIRATES (With Snell as listed pitcher)

Tokens
EZ Winners

These are Saturday's plays.....

1 STAR PARLAY: (957) HOUSTON (-$158) & (959) NY YANKEES (-$168)
(Listing Oswalt and Wang)
(Risking $200 to win $320)

1 STAR: (966) ATLANTA (+$145) over Detroit
(Action)
(Risking $100 to win $145)

1 STAR: (973) PITTSBURGH (+$182) over LA Angels
(Listing Snell only)
(Risking $100 to win $182)

YESTERDAY'S RECAP - We were 2-1 on Friday. A $100 player won $561. A big night for us thanks to a 5 STAR winner on the Astros @ Rangers over!
OVER 11 Houston @ Texas (-$110) WON +$500
BALTIMORE (+$161) WON +$161
SAN DIEGO (+$108) LOST -$100

Scott Spreitzer's 28-5, 85% TKO Game of the Year! (Day Game) Won KO GOY!
My TKO GOY is a play on the Tigers with Verlander over Davies. No need to go into details with these two starters if you've been even remotely following the MLB season. Justin Verlander is smoking-hot and Kyle Davies is not! Besides their overall numbers, the two also follow suit in day action. Verlander owns strong daytime numbers while his counterpart has been downright awful under the sun. I expect those numbers to continue today. The Tigers have crushed righties in afternoon action for 6.00 RPG in 10 tries. Meanwhile, the Braves are scoring just 3.3 RPG in day starts against visiting right-handers. Atlanta is just 29-46 in their last 65 June outings. The Tigers enter this one a perfect 4-0 in away action in this price range. They're 9-1 against right-handers with Verlander on the hill, 9-3 as chalk with the young righty, and 4-1 in his five day starts. Add in ATL's 0-2 mark against the AL Central when Davies starts and we have a combined, 28-5, 85% situation. We'll lay it with the Tigers, our TKO GOY on Saturday.
<!-- / message -->
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
Mike Jacobs
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Sport: MLB
Game: Cubs vs Whitesox
Prediction: 4* OVER 9

Paul Leiner
Saturday, June 23, 2007

Game: Chicago/Chicago
Prediction: 5* White Sox -110

Bobby Bo

Saturday June 23, 2007

Sport:MLB
Game: Cubs vs White Sox
Prediction: 1* White Sox +105

Tokens
Chad Jordan
Saturday, June 23 2007

Match up: Cleveland at Washington
Prediction: Over 10 Runs (Byrd vs. Chico)

Donald Tran
Saturday, June 23, 2007

Matchup: Boston at San Diego
Prediction: Boston Red Sox +110 W/ Wakefield

Jennifer Barry
Saturday, June 23 2007

Matchup: Baltimore at Arizona

Prediction: Batimore Orioles +120 W/ Burres

Tokens
FYI - just trying to help out our main man... BOOKIE BUSTER....

Tokens
Alex anthonys plays for saturday:

arena football to win 10 units---columbus-2

mlb
to win 4 units on all
indians
mets
brewers

Tokens
BB-

no problem.. just trying to help... your buddy back in town yet... the one with roots plays?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byen17188
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com