Thursday Service Plays 6/28/07

Search

Tokens
Anyone? Need to know who to fade tonight!

Thanks to those who post them daily.

Tokens
IndianCowboy (IC):

Record: pending Monarchs game and tigers game from yesterday, so is a possible winning tuesday after both results are in.

Total Plays: (3 today and 1 from yesterday )

I think sometimes we talk about wagers, but we fail to discuss the thought process that goes into making plays. In fact, I think this is just as important as any topic. We all go through the thought process of making plays. I want to give you insight into mine yesterday. I post the Cubs Run-Line and Padres Under in particular along with a bunch of other plays including the yanks under, oak town, chi sox to just name a few yesterday and note them as great plays, yet, I still ride with 3 plays instead of 5. Granted, my winning day still depends on the tigers run-line and if the monarchs win from tuesday. It shows that when you do 3 plays, there are plenty of variables. However, capping to me is an art. Never forget that, capping is an art. It takes a feel sometimes and it takes tweaking, learning and adjusting and I've been capping since 16 for 7 years and I still continue to tweak and tha tis why our hall of fame systems are so important to contribute for following seasons. This is why I think research and notes are an art to as it leads to the picks. Just thought I would note that. I say that to say that I the limits to the number of my plays will be from 1-5 in which 3 will be the goal, but not afraid to make 5 at the max. This is what I will roll with.

WNBA Play:

Storm/Comets Under 158.5 (Diamond)

Seattle has beaten the Comets twice this season the total going to 155 and 151. I assume that the total is higher given Seattle's recent home scoring and that the underdog and the over principle. However, when games occur in Houston, they go under. I was on the under when San Antonio visited Houston, and I'm on the under again here. The line opened up at 158.5 and is down to 158 in about half the places. I am writing this at 9:30pm eastern, I want you to visit covers tomorrow and you will find it interesting that the opening that they give could be different. Just watch this over the next fwe days. It completely misleads the public. I think Seattle wins this game as well, but Houston has been great at home and they have covered their last 4 straight and when they cover ballgames, it goes under. Houston has played under in 5 of 7 games and the only 2 games they have gone over was b/c of Washington and Phoenix, 2 run and gun teams as Washington is the poor man's Phoenix Mercury. I think it's a good spot to take the under as Seattle will not score 94 as they did with Chicago who does not play great defense as Houston does and Houston will run a more half-court offense. I think the line is inflated here a bit. I have this game at 75-72 or about 149, about 9 points over what the total should be. The under is 4-0-1 in Storm last 5 games as a road favorite of 0.5-4.5 and the under is 8-2 in Comets last 10 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.

MLB Research:

Detroit vs. Texas - Nothing has changed, same write-up and play as yesterday.

Pittsburgh vs. Florida - Pirates are on top right now 5-4 in the 8th and it looks like they could pick up game 2 of this series. Duke gave up 2 runs to Florida his last time out and pitched well against the Angels, but I think he got a bit lucky at the end result as the Angels get a lot of hits, but sometimes don't score as many runs, see yesterday's game against KC. Last time these 2 teams played it was 4-3 and Florida. No lean for me but I suggest that if the Pirates hold on for the win, it might be worth a shot at Florida to avoid the sweep. But, no lean here.

Cincy vs. Philadelphia

The game from yesterday went well over and finally the offense has come in this series as was thought. Belisle has lost his last 4 straight but did pitch well against oakland in his last start prior to the last 3 going over. Eaton is unpredictable as he got rocked by the Cardinals but pitched decent against the tigers. Lean on over but no play.

Cards vs. Mets

Wainwright is a decent pitcher and faces El Duke. In much the same respect, this is the same game as yesterday with respect to a solid met pitcher facing an average cards pitcher and hence a 2:1 favorite. Hernandez has given up 4 games of 0 earned runs in his last 7 starts. However, it is all or nothing with el duke, and the cards are a feisy team. I don't hav ea good feeling about this game. No lean, laying off.

Rockies vs. Astros

Rockies start a series with the Astros. Rockies have been swept in back to back series. 5 of 6 of those games went over. Houston comes off getting swept by the Astros. One of these teams will finally pick up a win today. Cook has given up 12 earned runs and 19 hits in his last 2 starts but both were to A.L. teams, but then again, he gave up 5 er to the astros his last time out. Oswalt has been questionable of late, but is 5-1 with a 2.20 era at home. I'll make excuses for his previous starts as 3 were a.l. teams and one start was at coors. I think the Astros are due for a win here with their ace, the run-line seems good, just a lean right now though.

Yankees vs. Orioles

Do the Yanks get swept in this series? The way it is going, quite possibly. The Yanks have lost 7 of their last 8 if the O's hang on to win which it looks like they will tonight but when Wang typically pitches, he gives them a good boost. He is 5-1 in his last 7 starts while losing to San Fran was a bit of a surprise. Cabrera is 5-1-1 with overs of late and he is no stranger to the yanks and in general cabrera gives up 4 runs every 6 innings. But Cabrera had a better ERA against the Yanks than Wang did with the Orioles last year. I don't like any total or side here. No lean.

White Sox vs. Devil rays

Looks like the White Sox are going to hang on against the Devil rays (up 5-3 right now in the top 9th). White Sox have lost 4 in a row when Javier is on the mound and are 1-6 when he is on the mound over the last 7, but that's not his fault as they simply are horrible over the last 30 games or so. Vasquez pitched a gem in his last outing against the cubs but the pale hoses still lost. But, they have won 3 in a row (granted they hold on tonight). Drays hope to avoid the 4 game sweep though and they have won the last 4 kaz has pitched and the last time these 2 teams hooked up, the drays won 11-5. Drays to avoid the sweep and past history, lean on the drays.

Blue Jays vs. Twins

This series is such a toss up. They change leads all the time, twins have pitching but no offense and the opposite is true for the blue jays. Burnett has pitched well but the jays have lost 4 in a row when he has started. Silva beat toronto earlier this season and looks like he has turned the corner, but I honestly do not see value here as the line indicates what this game is - a tossup for the most part.

MLB Plays:

Texas vs. Detroit Run-Line +101 (From Yesterday)

You know that Kenny Rogers is my favorite pitcher. I am a Braves fan, but I have been a fan of Rogers since the camera man incident. Since that point, he conducted himself well and he is such a competitor. I'm a competitor and love to compete, but this cat, holy shiznit, is probably the best competitor and old school dirty players I've ever come across. I actually was rooting for him against Smoltz just b/c I like Rogers and he has made me a lot of money and given me a lot of wins over the years. Tigers have lost 2 straight. Very frustrated team over the last 2 games against the Rangers and who better to stop that bleeding than the old gambler right? Rogers went 6 innings vs. the Braves and gave up 0 earned runs. I will always follow this guy blindly as he has not let me down he was 8-1 for me last year and that was only b/c the Tigers couldn't score that one game. Millwood gave up 7 runs to the Tigers eariler this year and yes, that means nothing if you followed Kameron Loe vs. the Tigers, but Loe was pitching well coming into that game. Millwood has still given up 42 hits in his last 5 starts which makes him vulnerable. The price is cheap b/c Rogers makes his 2nd start, the Rangers have won 2 in a row and this his first start in the A.L.

Dbacks - 136

I hope the Dbacks lost tonight to place more value on this game as they will avoid the sweep. Game hasn't been played yet as I write this. Wolf has lost his last 3 of 4 and has given up at least 4 runs in 4 of his last 5 starts. Heck, even San Diego reeled off 5 runs against him and we know how bad they can't score. The Dbacks have won 5 straight ballgames in which Johnson has pitched. Amazing he leaves new york for the NL and he's cy young quality again of late giving up 5 earned runs in his last 5 starts. Arizona also scored 6 runs on Wolf the last time out as well this year while Johnson hasn't faced them this year. Also, Wolf has over a 9 ERA in his last 3 starts and Johnson has a 1.5 ERA in his last 3 starts. I think the run-line is a solid price at +150 or better frankly, but why lay that when you can get -136 as a standard price. This will be a play. Dodgers are 1-8 in their last 9 as road dogs, the dbacks are 6-0 as favorites by this margin at home, 8-2 as home favs, 5-0 in johnson's last 5 and 5-1 in johnson's last 5 with Demuth behind the plate.

A's +113

Another game that goes over involving the Indians. I won't take a total here as to me it is either the A's or no play. Blanton has given up 5 earned runs in his last 5 starts similar to Randy Johnson and Blanton actually goes deeper into games such as 8 innings on average over his last 5 where as Johnson usually goes 6. Byrd gives up a lot of hits such as 65 in his last 7 starts - that's over 9 a game on average. Blanton even defeated Sabathia his last time out against the Indians in a 8-2 win. I think the A's are back after their offensive explosion recently. After not scoring at all in the Mets series, they put up 5 the other day and 11 runs yesterday and byrd as we know is no ace and blanton has pitched well of late. A's are 23-11 in Blanton's last 34 starts with the total set at 9.0-10.5 which means when the game is set to a high scoring game, Blanton pitches well holding the opposing team in what is expected to be a slugfest and the A's typically win. This could be a wild one, but the Indians are 1-5 with Gorman behind the plate and what the heck, I'll get the tums ready but the numbers here point to some clear advantages for the a's.

Summary of all the leans (significant on spreadsheet, but didn't pull the trigger) but no plays if you don't have time to read the research - for you RichieG -

Drays
Astros Run-Line
Over reds/phillies

Not bad finished all research in less than 40 minutes.

Director
Tokens
INSIDERS SPORTS GROUP

Tony Mathews

Matchup: Oakland Athletics vs. Cleveland Indians

Selection: Oakland Athletics (+105)

Explanation: We will side with the Oakland Athletics as they face-off against the Cleveland Indians in Thursday's MLB contest.

The Oakland Athletics will use starting pitcher Joe Blanton. Joe Blanton has pitched well this season (3.19 ERA). In addition, Joe Blanton has a very solid 1.57 ERA in his last 3 starts. It's safe to say that the Cleveland Indians will struggle to score today.

On the other hand, the Cleveland Indians will use starting pitcher Paul Byrd. Paul Byrd has struggled for most of the season which is shown by his (4.74 ERA), as well as has had big pitching problems as of late (8.62 ERA in his last 3 starts). With that said, we see the Oakland Athletics scoring many runs today.

To say the least, there is a lot of value with the Oakland Athletics!

Take the Oakland Athletics

-------------------------------------------------------------
Paul Leiner

50* Stl/NyM over 8.5
5* NY Yankees

5* Indians -120 Comp
------------------------------------------------------------------

<!-- / message -->

RX R.O.Y.
Tokens
Paul Leiner
Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sport: MLB
Game: Cleveland/Oakland
Prediction: 5* Indians -120

EZ Winners

1 STAR: (901) PITTSBURGH (+$144) over Florida
(Listing Duke only)
(Risking $100 to win $144)

1 STAR: (911) OAKLAND (+$106) over Cleveland
(Listing Blanton only)
(Risking $100 to win $106)

1 STAR: (913) TEXAS (+$180) over Detroit
(Action)
(Risking $100 to win $180)

1 STAR: (903) LA DODGERS (+$127) over Arizona
(Listing Wolf only)
(Risking $100 to win $127)

1 STAR: (919) CHICAGO (+$120) over Tampa Bay
(Action)
(Risking $100 to win $120)

1 STAR: OVER 9.5 (-$110) Texas @ Detroit
(Action)
(Risking $110 to win $100)

1 STAR: OVER 8.5 (+$100) Colorado @ Houston
(Action)
(Risking $100 to win $100)

charlie

mlb. white sox @ tampa bay under 8' runs (500*)

mlb. phillies+150 (30*)

mlb. florida-150 (20*)

mlb. cleveland-115 (20*)

mlb. st. louis @ mets under 8' runs (10*)

mlb. minnesota+110 (10*) Bonus Play

Brandon Lang:

5 Dime:
Oakland
Tigers -1.5 runs
D-Backs
Cards/Mets under
Yankees -1.5 runs

Larry Ness' Las Vegas Insider-MLB (53-22 last 31 days / 12-5 with Insiders!)
My Las Vegas Insider is on the Az D'backs at 6:40 ET. The Diamondbacks beat Los Angeles last night 2-0. It was just their second win in eight meetings this year and the first in five tries at home. In a late afternoon start at Chase Field, Randy Johnson will make his first start since June 10. The Big Unit was on the DL with a herniated disc and while he's expected to be limited to 85 pitches, he's been pitching with discomfort for the last few seasons and says he'll be fine. Johnson got a late start to the '07 season, not making his first start until April 24. He was not sharp in that one (five IP / six ERs) but he's been super since. Over his last eight starts, he's got a 2.77 ERA with a strikeout-to-walk ratio of 63-7. In his last five outings, he's 4-0 (team is 5-0) with a 1.52 ERA and a 42-4 ratio. LA may be 14-6 (plus-$660) vs lefties this year but Johnson is no ORDINARY left-hander. As for the Dodgers, Randy Wolf gets the start and this lefty hasn't been sharp in ANY of his starts this month. In his previous five June starts, Wolf has allowed 41 hits and 20 ERs in 27.2 innings for an ERA of 6.51. Expect the Big Unit to give Arizona six-to-seven strong innings, something Wolf hasn't been able to do for LA since late May. Las Vegas Insider on the Az D'backs.

Good Luck...Larry

Larry Ness' Weekly Wipeout Winner (12-3 80% w/Wipeout Winners since May 6!)
My Weekly Wipeout Winner is on the TB Devil Rays at 7:10 ET. The White Sox came into this series having lost 22 of 27 and had just been swept in a three-game set with the Cubs over the weekend. The White Sox managed just two runs and 16 hits during that series, after which GM Williams said roster changes were imminent. They have since won three straight, including 5-3 on Wednesday. The White Sox rallied for two runs in the seventh and three in the eighth to secure its first series win this month. Chicago will try to complete its first series sweep of the season tonight. The Devil Rays have lost six of eight and once again find themselves (at 33-43) at the bottom of the AL East. All that said, the White will be counting on Javier Vazquez to get them the win. Vazquez was 13-19 LY and at minus-$1,360 against the moneyline, he finished dead-last among 329 pitchers in that category for the season! He pitched well to start '07 with the White Sox winning his first four starts but the team has lost NINE of his last 10 outings. Lefty Scott Kazmir goes for Tampa and I will point out up front that he has not won in his last 13 home starts and is 0-2 with a 3.83 ERA in nine outings at Tropicana Field in 2007. He has not won there since throwing a two-hit shutout against Boston last July 3. However, it's TEAM wins that count in this game, not a pitcher's W/L record. Note this. The D'Rays went 61-101 (minus-$1,872) in 2006 but were 13-11 (plus-$444) in Kazmir's starts. So far in 2007, the team is 33-43 (minus-$468) but 10-6 (plus-$439) in Kazmir's starts. Doing the math, Tampa is 71-127 (.359) and minus-$3223 in games NOT started by Kazmir but 23-17 (.575) and plus-$883 in games he does start! Kazmir is 2-0 with a 3.21 ERA in two career starts against the White Sox, a team that's just 6-13 (minus-$855) against lefties this year, averaging 3.7 RPG. Weekly Wipeout Winner on TB Devil Rays.

Good Luck...Larry

Panhandle Sports Insider
YTD: 61-31

Oakland +110
Toronto -120

Trev Rogers:
Yankees vs. Orioles Over 9

Stan Sharp - Double Dime

Phillies -152

FPBE Free Picks

<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Marc Lawrence - CIN +145
Marco D'Angelo - MIN -104
Matty O'Shea - PHI -155
Ben Burns - PHI -155
Bryan Leonard - TB -130
Larry Ness - COL/HOU over 8.5

Wunderdog Comp Pick<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Game: Texas at Detroit (1:00 PM Eastern)
Pick: Texas +177

Texas is as hot as a team gets and sometimes it isn't how good you are, but how good you’re playing. Texas has now won 9 of 12, and in those 12 games the offense has been sizzling. They have produced 6+ runs in 10 of those games. They are basically just out-hitting everyone. Kevin Millwood is a much better pitcher than he has shown. Millwood has an ERA of over 7, but he has shown signs of regaining the form you would expect from a 10 million dollar a year pitcher. Millwood has had three consecutive starts allowing less runs than his previous start. He has gone from 7 to 5 to 4 to 3. Kenny Rogers gave up just two hits in his return to the rotation, and no runs in six innings. That was against a Braves lineup that had not scored but a run in five games. So although we give him credit, it is not a good measuring stick. It's often the ! case that pitchers making a return have a lot of adrenalin so the second time out is not as good. He will have a difficult time duplicating that performance against the red-hot Rangers. Rogers gave up 27 hits in 17 innings against this Rangers’ club last year. Texas for the sweep.

Billy Coleman

4* Cincinnatii
3* under Minny
3* under Arizona

Tony Mathews

20* Los Angeles Dodgers +125 Wolf vs Johnson
Oakland Athletics (+105)

ETHAN LAW
PLAY 1* UNIT ON TAMPA BAY -$130
CWS: RHP Javier Vazquez (3-5, 4.15 ERA) vs. TB: LHP Scott Kazmir (5-3, 4.13
ERA)

Frank Rosenthal

901 Pirates+115 Sb
903 Dodgers+125 Sb
908 Nym-170 Sb
917 Nyy-170 Sb
919 Cws+120 Sb
Under 8.5 Sb

BLACK WIDOW

(6* Widow Wiseguy South Paw Game of the Year) Arizona D'Backs

1* Tigers/Rangers Over 9.5

4* MAJOR on Twins

Brandon Lovell

10* MLB Tigers - Rangers UNDER 9.5

10* MLB Toronto -110

10* MLB Oakland +100

Sebastian Sports (12-6-1 / +494)
MLB - New York-N Over (8.5) (-115)

Russ Culver +18.62u ytd bases

Pirates +145
Cardinals +167
Rockies +153
Rangers +183
Blue Jays -112
Orioles +161

This is Dave Cokin
. My free pick of the day is the game between (919) CHI White Sox and (920) TAM Devil Rays. Take "(919) CHI White Sox". Dave's BEST BET on the entire Thursday board is one one of the day games on the Thursday baseball slate. Start your day off with this big winner, available now for just $10 at 1-888-389-7223!..."The White Sox dormant offense has come to life against a generous Devil Rays staff and the Pale Hose now have a chance to complete a rare four game road sweep. Javier Vazquez was very sharp last time out and his tendency is to string together good starts. Scott Kazmir has not shown the ability to dominate this season, and his record is much better on the road this year. I'm taking the price with the White Sox for my best Thursday play."

This is Jim Feist. My free pick of the day is the game between (959) STL Cardinals and (960) CIN Reds. Take "Over". Cincy is a hitter's park: The Reds average 4.2 runs on the road, but 5.1 at home! That's why the team is 22-12 over the total at home. The scoreboard should be busy with a pair of weak hurlers on the hill. St. Louis starter Kip Wells (6.45 ERA) has been awful at 3-11, while Bronson Arroyo is 2-9 with a 5.14 ERA. And these bullpens have been weak all season, so look for a shootout. Play the Cardinals/Reds over the total!

Players of America
3* marlins - doc's
3* tigers-1.5
3* twins

will cover
3* arizona

Director
Tokens
Larry Ness' Las Vegas Insider-MLB (53-22 last 31 days / 12-5 with Insiders!)
My Las Vegas Insider is on the Az D'backs at 6:40 ET. The Diamondbacks beat Los Angeles last night 2-0. It was just their second win in eight meetings this year and the first in five tries at home. In a late afternoon start at Chase Field, Randy Johnson will make his first start since June 10. The Big Unit was on the DL with a herniated disc and while he's expected to be limited to 85 pitches, he's been pitching with discomfort for the last few seasons and says he'll be fine. Johnson got a late start to the '07 season, not making his first start until April 24. He was not sharp in that one (five IP / six ERs) but he's been super since. Over his last eight starts, he's got a 2.77 ERA with a strikeout-to-walk ratio of 63-7. In his last five outings, he's 4-0 (team is 5-0) with a 1.52 ERA and a 42-4 ratio. LA may be 14-6 (plus-$660) vs lefties this year but Johnson is no ORDINARY left-hander. As for the Dodgers, Randy Wolf gets the start and this lefty hasn't been sharp in ANY of his starts this month. In his previous five June starts, Wolf has allowed 41 hits and 20 ERs in 27.2 innings for an ERA of 6.51. Expect the Big Unit to give Arizona six-to-seven strong innings, something Wolf hasn't been able to do for LA since late May. Las Vegas Insider on the Az D'backs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Larry Ness' Weekly Wipeout Winner (12-3 80% w/Wipeout Winners since May 6!)
My Weekly Wipeout Winner is on the TB Devil Rays at 7:10 ET. The White Sox came into this series having lost 22 of 27 and had just been swept in a three-game set with the Cubs over the weekend. The White Sox managed just two runs and 16 hits during that series, after which GM Williams said roster changes were imminent. They have since won three straight, including 5-3 on Wednesday. The White Sox rallied for two runs in the seventh and three in the eighth to secure its first series win this month. Chicago will try to complete its first series sweep of the season tonight. The Devil Rays have lost six of eight and once again find themselves (at 33-43) at the bottom of the AL East. All that said, the White will be counting on Javier Vazquez to get them the win. Vazquez was 13-19 LY and at minus-$1,360 against the moneyline, he finished dead-last among 329 pitchers in that category for the season! He pitched well to start '07 with the White Sox winning his first four starts but the team has lost NINE of his last 10 outings. Lefty Scott Kazmir goes for Tampa and I will point out up front that he has not won in his last 13 home starts and is 0-2 with a 3.83 ERA in nine outings at Tropicana Field in 2007. He has not won there since throwing a two-hit shutout against Boston last July 3. However, it's TEAM wins that count in this game, not a pitcher's W/L record. Note this. The D'Rays went 61-101 (minus-$1,872) in 2006 but were 13-11 (plus-$444) in Kazmir's starts. So far in 2007, the team is 33-43 (minus-$468) but 10-6 (plus-$439) in Kazmir's starts. Doing the math, Tampa is 71-127 (.359) and minus-$3223 in games NOT started by Kazmir but 23-17 (.575) and plus-$883 in games he does start! Kazmir is 2-0 with a 3.21 ERA in two career starts against the White Sox, a team that's just 6-13 (minus-$855) against lefties this year, averaging 3.7 RPG. Weekly Wipeout Winner on TB Devil Rays

<!-- / message -->

RX R.O.Y.
Tokens
CAPPERSACCESS
(Thur) MLB Blue Jays Twins 115 Twins
(Thur) MLB Yankees Orioles 175 Yankees

Hondo
10 units Rangers

Mighty ! Quinn
A's
Blue Jays

Vegas Experts

Chicago White Sox at Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Thursday, June 28th, 7:05 P.M. EDT

White Sox have actually gone under seven in a row. Two good starters match up here in Vazquez and Kazmir. The CHI WHITE SOX are 63-37 UNDER as an underdog of +100 to +150 over the last 3 seasons and 41-26 UNDER in road games in night games over the last 2 seasons. VAZQUEZ is 10-1 UNDER in road games against AL East opponents since 1997. (Team's Record)

Play on: Under

Michael Cannon

Toronto at MINNESOTA (+105)

Take the Twins this afternoon for the home win over the Blue Jays.
Toronto will start the oft-injured A.J. Burnett and although I love this guy's stuff, I just can't back him on the road today.
Burnett was 1-3 with a 4.01 ERA in his last five starts before his stint on the DL and I don't see him coming out sharp today.
Minnesota will counter with Carlos Silva and he's pitched well recently. The right-hander is 2-1 with a 2.05 ERA over his last three starts.
I like the Twins to bounce back from their loss last night and to grab the win for us at home as a small dog.
Take Minnesota for the win.

3♦ MINNESOTA

Drew Gordon

Toronto at MINNESOTA (+105)

As good as AJ Burnett can be, right now he's one big question mark. While on the other hand, you've got the Twins Carlos Silva, who's shown flashes of brilliance throughout June, going 2-3 with a 3.55 ERA in 5 starts this month.
These two pitchers faced off once before this season, with Silva and the Twins walking away victorious in a 4-2 May 27th win. In that contest Silva was impressive, allowing 2 runs on 6 hits over 7 1/3 innings. Burnett wasn't much worse, but his offense struggled once again against right-handed pitching... Blue Jays are averaging just .248 against them.
With Toronto winning yesterday behind Josh Towers, look for the Twins offense to come out swinging in this one. Twins are batting a healthy .273 against rigthies this season, and while beating Burnett won't be easy, Blue Jays have lost each of the last 4 games he's started! More of the same today, as the Twins protect their house this Thursday!
Take Minnesota behind Silva over Toronto in early MLB action.

3♦ MINNESOTA

Bobby Maxwell

L.A. Dodgers (+120) at ARIZONA

Los Angeles and Arizona have split the last two games and both have southpaws on the hill tonight.
Arizona got great pitching from Brandon Webb on Wednesday night and blanked the Dodgers 2-0 in this National League West showdown. Today look for Los Angeles to bounce back behind Randy Wolf and the offense will get to Randy Johnson as he pitches in his first game since coming off the DL.
The Dodgers have won six of the eight matchups between these two this season and Wolf (8-6, 4.32 ERA) will find his form after struggling in his last four outings. Wolf gave up four runs on 10 hits in 6 2/3 innings last time out Saturday in Tampa Bay and in his lone start against the Diamondbacks this season he got hit hard for six runs on 10 hits in 5 2/3 innings.
Wolf's teams have won five of the last six times he's faced the D'Backs.
Johnson hasn't pitched since June 10 and was hot before going on the DL. But remember how long it took for him to find his form when he came off the DL to start the season? It might take him a few starts to get comfortable again.
He hasn't faced Los Angeles since 2004 and lost two of three that season to the Dodgers.
With both pitchers being lefties, the Dodgers are hitting .272 against southpaws this season while the Diamondbacks are hitting just .234 against them.
Let's go with the Dodgers to get to Johnson and win this one.

2♦ L.A. DODGERS

Dave Cokin

(919) CHI White Sox
(920) TAM Devil Rays

Take "(919) CHI White Sox"

The White Sox dormant offense has come to life against a generous Devil Rays staff and the Pale Hose now have a chance to complete a rare four game road sweep. Javier Vazquez was very sharp last time out and his tendency is to string together good starts. Scott Kazmir has not shown the ability to dominate this season, and his record is much better on the road this year. I'm taking the price with the White Sox for my best Thursday play.

Jim Feist

(913) TEX Rangers
(914) DET Tigers

Take "Over"

Folks think of Detroit as a pitcher's park, but the oddsmakers haven't adjusted to the fact that the Tigers have a dominating offense that is crushing the ball, tops in the AL. The Tigers are 23-7 over the total at home! They face a terrible Texas defense and starter Kevin Millwood (7.31 ERA) who has had a miserable season, with opponents hitting .331 off him. He appears to have gotten old fast. Look for another over in Detroit as they batter the Texas staff. Play the Rangers/Tigers over the total!

Tokens
ChicagoHOTSIDES Baseball. Year To Date: 175-104, 62.7%. PLUS 81.03 net units

1 Unit Oakland -101
1 Unit NY Mets/St Louis UNDER 8.5 -103

Tokens
Culver baseball Thursday (6/28/07)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pirates +145
Cardinals +167
Rockies +153
Rangers +183
Blue Jays -112
Orioles +161

Tokens
Dunkel Index

Today's MLB Picks

Pittsburgh at Florida

A rough start to the Pirates' road trip (losers in five of six) is finishing well as Pittsburgh has taken two straight from the Marlins. Florida has now been outscored 28-12 during a four-game skid. Marlins' starter Scott Olsen has lost five of his last seven after going 3-1 in April. Pittsburgh looks like a good road underdog (+180) in this one according to Dunkel, which has the Pirates favored straight up by 1. Dunkel Pick: Pittsburgh (+180). Here are all of today's games.
<TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=4 width=537><TBODY><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>THURSDAY, JUNE 28
Time Posted: 7:00 a.m. EST
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 901-902: Pittsburgh at Florida
Dunkel Ratings: Pittsburgh (Duke) 15.124; Florida (Olsen) 14.387
Dunkel Line: Pittsburgh by 1; 8 1/2
Vegas Line: Florida (-180); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Pittsburgh (+180); Under</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 903-904: LA Dodgers at Arizona
Dunkel Ratings: LA Dodgers (Wolf) 16.928; Arizona (Johnson) 16.288
Dunkel Line: LA Dodgers by 1/2; 8
Vegas Line: Arizona (-140); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: LA Dodgers (+140); Under</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 905-906: Cincinnati at Philadelphia
Dunkel Ratings: Cincinnati (Belisle) 14.934; Philadelphia (Eaton) 16.548
Dunkel Line: Philadelphia by 1 1/2; 12
Vegas Line: Philadelphia (-165); 11
Dunkel Pick: Philadelphia (-165); Over</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 907-908: St. Louis at NY Mets
Dunkel Ratings: St. Louis (Wainwright) 16.300; NY Mets (Hernandez) 15.095
Dunkel Line: St. Louis by 1; 7
Vegas Line: NY Mets (-200); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: St. Louis (+200); Under</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 909-910: Colorado at Houston
Dunkel Ratings: Colorado (Cook) 14.028; Houston (Oswalt) 15.371
Dunkel Line: Houston by 1 1/2; 9 1/2
Vegas Line: Houston (-185); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Houston (-185); Over</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 911-912: Oakland at Cleveland
Dunkel Ratings: Oakland (Blanton) 14.275; Cleveland (Byrd) 15.764
Dunkel Line: Cleveland by 1 1/2; 11
Vegas Line: Oakland (-115); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Cleveland (+115); Over</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 913-914: Texas at Detroit
Dunkel Ratings: Texas (Millwood) 18.443; Detroit (Rogers) 17.835
Dunkel Line: Texas by 1/2; 10 1/2
Vegas Line: Detroit (-215); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Texas (+215); Over</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 915-916: Toronto at Minnesota
Dunkel Ratings: Toronto (Burnett) 15.983; Minnesota (Silva) 16.847
Dunkel Line: Minnesota by 1; 10
Vegas Line: Toronto (-125); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Minnesota (+125); Over</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 917-918: NY Yankees at Baltimore
Dunkel Ratings: NY Yankees (Wang) 15.252; Baltimore (Cabrera) 16.236
Dunkel Line: Baltimore by 1; 7 1/2
Vegas Line: NY Yankees (-185); 9
Dunkel Pick: Baltimore (+185); Under</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 919-920: Chicago White Sox at Tampa Bay
Dunkel Ratings: White Sox (Vazquez) 13.823; Tampa Bay (Kazmir) 16.042
Dunkel Line: Tampa Bay by 2 1/2; 9
Vegas Line: Tampa Bay (-150); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Tampa Bay (-150); Over</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tokens
Paul Leiner

50* Stl/NyM over 8.5
5* NY Yankees

5* Indians -120 Comp
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
Thursday June 28, 2007
Eddie McKinney
Fast Eddie Sports

MLB

10* $200 TOP Plays -

Minnesota Twins + 110
<!-- / message -->

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgtlmkt.lyncotek
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com