Carlyle vs Wiilis
Pick: Marlins -125

W. Sox @ Royals
Garland vs Thomson
Pick: W. Sox -110

Vegas Experts
Chicago White Sox at Kansas City Royals
Sunday, July 1st, 2:10 P.M. EDT

Garland is in good form, Thomson pitched well in his first start with K.C. last time out. White Sox show nine unders and a push their last 10 games, Kansas City shows 6 unders, a push and an over its last eight. The WHITE SOX are 43-26 UNDER on the road when the money line is +125 to -125 over the last 2 seasons. KANSAS CITY is 25-14 UNDER when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season and 33-21 UNDER against right-handed starters this season.

Play on: Under

Michael Cannon
Money Train

15 Dime:
White Sox

5 Dime:
Cardinals
Mets
Mariners

Karl Garrett
Milwaukee at CUBS (pick)

Today I like Chicago to win the key rubber game against Milwaukee. I know Jason Marquis hasn't won in quite some time, but his counterpart David Bush has been the Cubs whipping boy of late. Bush is 1-4 for his career against Chicago, and in 2 starts against them this year Bush has allowed 10 runs in 12 innings of work.
Marquis has looked a lot sharper his last couple of starts, and the Cubs are fresh off a huge 7-game winning streak. Keep in mind Milwaukee is still below .500 on the road this year at 17-20, and I just don't see them winning this game.
The Windy City can feel some summer excitement, and I say ride the Cubs at the Friendly Confines this afternoon.

2? CUBS

Bobby Maxwell
Colorado (+125) at HOUSTON

The Rockies ended their road losing streak Saturday by shutting out these Astros 5-0. The win snapped an eight-game losing streak on the highway and when today's game is over they'll have a two-game winning streak.
Colorado has Rodrigo Lopez (4-1, 4.09 ERA) on the mound today against the Astros' Wandy Rodriguez (4-7, 4.57).
Lopez has won two of his last three outings and and Rockies are 7-2 when he has started this season. Yes, he did get hammered in his last outing in Chicago, but that was a rarity this season as his first eight starts with Colorado saw him allow three earned runs or less in each of the eight.
The Rockies had won six straight starts before dropping Tuesday's game against the Cubs. Lopez has only seen the Astros once in his career back in 2005 as a member of the Orioles and he held Houston to one run on four hits in eight innings of a 5-1 victory.
Rodriguez has lost his last two outings, including Tuesday at Milwaukee when
he gave up six runs on seven hits in five innings of an 11-5 loss. He's seen the Rockies once this year and allowed one run on five hits in five innings the first time out in a 4-1 win.
Let's go with the Rockies in this one as Rodriguez hasn't done much lately while Lopez has delivered quality starts all season.

3? COLORADO

Sports Gambling Hotline
NY Mets at PHILADELPHIA (+130)

The Phillies were in a prime stalking spot coming into this weekend with New York, but it has quickly turned ugly, as the Mets swept Friday's doubleheader and then took yesterday's affair 8-3.
Still, we expect the Phils to avoid the sweep before heading out of town to Houston to start the week. Philadelphia will go with Kyle Kendrick who has won his last pair of starts after a no-decision in his major league debut earlier this month.
Oliver Perez was to try and nail down the 4-game sweep, but Perez has been scratched, and Willie Randolph will turn to the winless Mike Pelfrey instead.
Pelfrey is making his first start since the middle of May, and he is 0-5 with an ERA over 6 for the year.
We just don't think New York can make it a 4-for-4 sweep on Philly's turf this Sunday afternoon.

Play on the Phils.

3? PHILADELPHIA

Dave Cokin
Take "(965) SDG Padres"

Chad Billingsley was doing some dynamic work out of the bullpen for the Dodgers, winning four games and putting up some great strikeout numbers. But it's been a much different story for Billingsley since his return to the rotation and he's fade material right now. Billingsley is throwing way too many pitches early and seems to be trying to nibble instead of coming with pure heat and it's not working well at all. Justin Germano has been a big surprise for the Padres and I expect the offense to get a boost with Milton Bradley having come on board in a trade with the A's. I'm on the Padres to win this series finale

Jim Feist
Take "(963) ARI D'backs"

Diamondbacks in a dogfight with the Padres and Dodgers for top honor in the NL West. Micah Owings has been a pleasant surprise this year for the D'Backs. Owings is 5-2 with a 3.80 era and on the road, Arizona has won all four of his starts. Time Lincecum finally broke out of the dulldrums with a win over the Padres last Monday, 4-3. The win was the first for the Giants in Lincecum's last six starts. D'backs just playing better ball right now than the last place Giants and with a good young righthander in Owings on the mound, we'll lay the short price with the visitors in this one.

Professional Plays
YTD = 40-22
Plays rated 1-5

MLB
4 units on Chicago Cubs -111
----------------------------------------
charlie

sunday july 1, 2007

mlb. texas @ boston over 11 runs (500*)

mlb. oakland @ yankees under 8' runs (30*)

mlb. florida-125 (20*)

mlb. st.louis-110 (20*)

mlb. cleveland-140 (10*)

mlb. cubs-140 (10*) Bonus Play

lines and picks
MLB Pick: LA Dodgers -112

sports capping
MLB: Minnesota Twins +155

Steve Janus

MLB : San Francisco Giants -127

Vegas Experts
Chicago White Sox at Kansas City Royals
Sunday, July 1st, 2:10 P.M. EDT

Garland is in good form, Thomson pitched well in his first start with K.C. last time out. White Sox show nine unders and a push their last 10 games, Kansas City shows 6 unders, a push and an over its last eight. The WHITE SOX are 43-26 UNDER on the road when the money line is +125 to -125 over the last 2 seasons. KANSAS CITY is 25-14 UNDER when the total is 9 to 9.5 this season and 33-21 UNDER against right-handed starters this season.

Play on: Under

Karl Garrett

Milwaukee at CUBS (pick)

Today I like Chicago to win the key rubber game against Milwaukee. I know Jason Marquis hasn't won in quite some time, but his counterpart David Bush has been the Cubs whipping boy of late. Bush is 1-4 for his career against Chicago, and in 2 starts against them this year Bush has allowed 10 runs in 12 innings of work.
Marquis has looked a lot sharper his last couple of starts, and the Cubs are fresh off a huge 7-game winning streak. Keep in mind Milwaukee is still below .500 on the road this year at 17-20, and I just don't see them winning this game.
The Windy City can feel some summer excitement, and I say ride the Cubs at the Friendly Confines this afternoon.

2? CUBS

Bobby Maxwell

Colorado (+125) at HOUSTON

The Rockies ended their road losing streak Saturday by shutting out these Astros 5-0. The win snapped an eight-game losing streak on the highway and when today's game is over they'll have a two-game winning streak.
Colorado has Rodrigo Lopez (4-1, 4.09 ERA) on the mound today against the Astros' Wandy Rodriguez (4-7, 4.57).
Lopez has won two of his last three outings and and Rockies are 7-2 when he has started this season. Yes, he did get hammered in his last outing in Chicago, but that was a rarity this season as his first eight starts with Colorado saw him allow three earned runs or less in each of the eight.
The Rockies had won six straight starts before dropping Tuesday's game against the Cubs. Lopez has only seen the Astros once in his career back in 2005 as a member of the Orioles and he held Houston to one run on four hits in eight innings of a 5-1 victory.
Rodriguez has lost his last two outings, including Tuesday at Milwaukee when
he gave up six runs on seven hits in five innings of an 11-5 loss. He's seen the Rockies once this year and allowed one run on five hits in five innings the first time out in a 4-1 win.
Let's go with the Rockies in this one as Rodriguez hasn't done much lately while Lopez has delivered quality starts all season.

3? COLORADO

cappersaccess
(Sun) MLB Marlins Braves 125 Marlins
(Sun) MLB Yankees A's 130 Yankees
(Sun) MLB Tigers Twins 9- Over

Rocco Spacamuro
50*Yankees

Lou Diamondz
100 Units Braves

Gator's MLB 70% Situational Report:

MLB (Sunday): Play Against MLB (NL) underdogs with a money line of +100 to +150 with a team that has a batting average <=.255 facing a starting pitcher with an ERA =4.20 to 5.20, with a bullpen that converts on 75%+ of their save opportunities.
(37-11 last 5 seasons.) (77.1%)

PLAY: San Francisco -120

JEFF BENTON

For Sunday, we'll once again back the Orioles as a home dog vs. the Halos.
One of the reasons to like Baltimore here is that something’s not right with Angels ace John Lackey. After a sensational start to the season when he went 9-3 with a 2.37 ERA, Lackey is 1-2 with a 4.91 ERA in his last four starts (14 earned runs in 25 2/3 innings). And three of those four came against some pretty weak competition (Royals, Astros and Reds, with the one quality foe being the Brewers).
Now, unlike Lackey, Baltimore starter Jeremy Guthrie hasn’t struggled at all. The rookie has given up two earned runs or fewer while pitching into the seventh inning in each of his last five starts, with the O’s going 4-1. Now, the one loss did come against the Angels in California, but it was hardly Guthrie’s fault, as he gave up two runs (one earned) on three hits with no walks in eight innings. (Baltimore’s bullpen cost the O’s that night in a 4-3 loss.)
Since that game against Anaheim, Guthrie has posted a 1.69 ERA in three starts, and Baltimore won all three games, including a 3-2 win over the Yankees on Tuesday.
Guthrie also has been sensational at home (2.34 ERA) and in the daytime (2.01 ERA).
Now, it’s possible that Baltimore’s shaky bully kills Guthrie again today like it did in Anaheim. But at this price, with the O’s at home, and with Lackey and the Angels both struggling – L.A. has lost four of its last five – I’ll take my chances with the Birds here.

(based on a 1 to a 10 ? Rating)

2? BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Big Al McMordie

Milwaukee Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs (MLB)
Jul 1, 2007 2:20 PM EDT

Play: Money Line:Chicago Cubs

The Cubbies' 7-game win streak was snapped by Ben Sheets and the Brewers yesterday, but look for Chicago to start a new streak today against its Central Division rival. Milwaukee is under water away from Miller Park (17-20) and righty Dave Bush has struggled on the road with a 6.27 ERA and a 1.60 WHIP this year, and his team is 12-31 in his last 43 road starts. Jason Marquis has a 3.49 ERA and a 1.16 WHIP at Wrigley this year.

Take Chicago. Good luck, as always...Al McMordie.

THE SPORTS ADVISORS
ats ny mets
NATIONAL LEAGUE

N.Y. Mets (46-33) at Philadelphia (41-40)
The Mets will try to complete a rare four-game sweep of the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park when they send Oliver Perez (7-6, 3.14 ERA) to the mound against rookie Kyle Kendrick (2-0, 5.00).
After sweeping a doubleheader on Friday by scores of 6-5 and 5-1, the Mets came back on Saturday and pounded out an 8-3 victory. New York has followed up a 3-13 slump by winning four in a row and eight of its last nine, allowing three runs or fewer in seven of the eight wins.
Philadelphia’s pitching staff continues to struggle, giving up five runs or more in five straight games and 11 of 15. The team is 6-9 during this stretch, including 3-6 at home.
New York leads the season series 6-4. The road team is 8-2, winning the last seven in a row.
The only game the Mets have lost in their last nine outings was Perez’s most recent start on Tuesday, when he surrendered two runs on five hits in 6 1/3 innings against the Cardinals, failing to earn a decision in a 5-3 home setback. New York is just 1-4 in Perez’s last five starts after going 7-3 in his first 10.
Perez, who has given up three earned runs or fewer in 12 of his 15 starts, is 3-3 on the road despite a strong 2.84 ERA. He’s also 1-2 with a 5.06 ERA in six career starts against the Phillies, including a 5-2 home loss on April 11 when the southpaw lasted just 2 2/3 innings, giving up three runs on one hit and seven walks.
The Phillies have prevailed in each of Kendrick’s first three big-league starts, averaging a whopping 9.3 runs per game. The righthander has lasted exactly six innings in all three outings, including Tuesday’s start against the Reds, when he allowed a season-high four runs on six hits (two home runs) in an 11-4 victory.
The over has been the play in each of Kendrick’s three starts, including both games at home. However, the under is 6-2 in Perez’s last eight starts and 4-1
AMERICAN LEAGUE
ats oak and under

Oakland (41-39) at N.Y. Yankees (37-40)
Dan Haren (9-2, 1.91) tries once again for his 10th victory of the season when he takes the ball for the A’s in the finale of this three-game series at Yankee Stadium. New York is set to go with Andy Pettitte (4-5, 3.24).
The Yankees edged Oakland 2-1 on Friday, but the A’s got revenge on Saturday, cruising to a 7-0 win as Chad Gaudin and Rich Harden combined on a one-hitter. Oakland remains just 2-7 on its current nine-game road trip and is also just 2-7 in its last nine as an underdog.
The Yankees continue to slide, going 2-8 in their last 10, not including Thursday’s suspended game at Baltimore. On the bright side, Joe Torre’s team is 9-2 in its last 11 at home.
The A’s lead the season series 3-2, and they’re 7-2 in the last nine meetings, including 5-1 in the Bronx
Haren gave up three runs on eight hits in 6 2/3 innings in Tuesday’s start at Cleveland and was poised to notch win No. 10. However, the A’s bullpen allowed five runs in the ninth inning and lost 8-5, snapping a seven-game winning streak in games that Haren had started.
Haren is 3-0 with a 3.11 ERA in six career starts against the Yankees, with Oakland winning the last five in a row, including a 5-4 extra-innings victory at home on April 13.
Pettitte scattered eight hits and five walks over seven innings, but only gave up two runs in Tuesday’s start at Baltimore. Still, it wasn’t enough, as the Yankees fell 3-2 in 10 innings, dropping to 7-9 in Pettitte’s 16 starts. After posting a 2.16 ERA in six outings in May, Pettitte had a 4.76 ERA in five starts in June.
New York is 0-5 in Pettitte’s last five starts against the A’s, including a 5-4 loss at Oakland on April 15. In that one, the southpaw gave up just two runs (one earned) on six hits in seven innings. For his career, Pettitte is 8-4 with a 3.06 ERA against Oakland.
Haren is 3-2 with a 1.68 ERA in eight starts on the road, w

HONDO

July 1, 2007 -- Hondo, who collected with the Yankees Friday night to reduce the debt to 45 chesbros, had his little heart set on bouncing back into the black last night with the Dodgers.

Today, the price is right for Guthrie - 10 units on the Birds over the Angels in the battle of frequent flyers.

Priceless picks

MLB

Cleveland -141 (listing Lee)

Tampa Bay is just 3-33 against the money line in road games in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons and 14-40 against the money line as a road underdog of +125 to +175 over the last 2 seasons. Cleveland has won 5 of its last 6 while the Rays have lost 6 in a row. We'll take the red hot Indians at home today.

marc lawernce

San Diego Padres at Los Angeles Dodgers
Sunday, July 1st, 4:10 P.M. EST EST

Padres close their weekend set with the Dodgers in Los Angeles behind Justin Germano, who has been much better on the road (1.80 ERA) than at home (3.75 ERA) this season. With Germano in solid current form, look for San Diego to pick up the win here today.
Good Luck. -

Play on: San Diego

ben burns
10-2 the last 12 times they hosted Colorado and 18-4 the last 22 series meetings here. I expect them to continue that dominance by bouncing back and closing out this series with a victory.
In seven home starts, Rodriguez has gone 3-2 (Astros are 5-2) with a stellar 2.47 ERA and 1.030 WHIP. In his last start here he held Seattle, a team which normally pounds left-handers, to just six hits and one run through 7 2/3 innings, striking out seven while walking none. Today, he'll face a Colorado team which averages a mere 3.9 runs per game vs. left-handed starters. Rodriguez already beat the Rockies at Colorado earlier this month, allowing just five hits and one run. That brought the Astros to 3-1 in his four starts against Colorado. Look for Rodriguez to continue to pitch well at home as the Rockies fall to 6-15 their last 21 vs. left-handed starters. *First Half GOY HOU ASTROS

Tokens
Brandon Lang SUNDAY

15 Dime

White Sox

5 Dime

Orioles

Bonus Play: Tigers -1.5 Runs
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
IC: July 1st
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Sunday's Play (explained below) - up by 10am below on this page.

Leans from yesterday:
Rockies (w)
Arizona/San Fran Under (w)
Dodgers (l)
Orioles (w)
Tampabay/Cleveland over (w)
Royals (l)
Braves (w)
Mets (w)

Figures, considering the plays that I actually went with yesterday. I think it's high time that I returned back to my 1 a day philosophy that worked so well for me for the past year. Heck, it worked for 7 months straight at better than a 60% clip, so I think I figured since I do so much research, I can cash in on more units and that just isn't the case as I'm neither enjoying it nor is it as successful as the 1 play a day philosohpy.

WNBA Notes:

Fever vs. Mystics

Basically a pick-em here as the 10-4 fever face the 5-10 wizards. But much has changed since the start of the year as the mystics have been able to pull off wins that the fever have not. Mystics have won 4 of 5 including winning at chicago, connecticut and beating detroit at home. They faced the fever earlier this year and lost by 5 and 4 in tight ballgames. 143 and 136 were the reuslts of those 2 games so the total has gone down slightly since its opening. I think the Mystics win this game with revenge, but then again, this could be a let down from the shock game. Indiana had played 3 of 4 unders but washington has played 5 of 6 overs which explains why the line is so high.

Silver Stars vs. Shock

Detroit historically has great numbers against san antonio straight up. In fact, I don't think they've ever lost to them since 2002 since the opening of both of these squads. However, that doesn't mean much for the spread here. San Antonio has played in 4 straight unders while detroit had played in 4-0-1 in overs. A small lean on the under here as the silver stars games have been steadily going under plus and detroit is still without ford.

Lynx vs. Monarchs

Sacremento just has not blown anyone out of late. Because this is a defensive team for the most part, they have played a lot of tight ballgames and of course, they can never beat the sparks in the regular season but do beat them in the playoffs year after year. Minny has won 4/5 including a big outright win on the orad at san antonio and beating seattle at home in which both games went under. Minny scored 77 on a san antonio team known for its defensive which is a bit suprising. Sacremento laid up 74 on this team on the road earlier this season. Chicago and detroit both had success against this team in shooting at home and Minny is known to give up its fair share of points as well. I also think Minny has a solid shot at winning outight here plus the points as well. Keep in mind that Sacremento has been playing without 2 of their top players of late. A lean on the over here as Minny will want to run and gun.

Liberty vs. Storm

Liberty are in the thick of the playoff race and come off a big win in L.A. They also had a great shooting performance in that game as well. The line has been jacked up with respect to the total as it has been rising all morning and is up more than 3 points at many places since its opening. The total and this game all depends on how new york shoots as this is an all or nothing type of team but to lay 6 points at home with the storm off a loss to the comets is a nice proposition. Small leans on the storm and the over here, but once again, this all depends on how new york shoots.

Sky vs. Sparks

L.A. is coming off a tough loss to the liberty at home while Sacremento has come off a big on the road. A short lay here, but I have learned never to touch a l.a. sparks game as this team is just too unpredictable and you would be surprised at the crazy happenings with respect to line movements and totals in l.a. The only time this team is worth playing is when they are on the road to decide to ride or fade them, mainly bet against them on the road with the under. However, at home, staying clear is probably paramount. The lean here is on the sky, but I wouldn't be at all suprised to see this team win. Chicago is putting up a ton of points of late and the last 4 of 5 have gone over as Chicago should get its fair share of points as the sparks should do well in points as well, so a lean on the over.

MLB Notes

Oakland vs. NY

A's won again the yanks yesterday and the yanks have now lost 5 of their last 6 as they continue to struggle. Lucky for them boston has been struggling as well. Haren still has a 1.91 ERA and the a's have won 6 of his last 7. He faced igawa in his last start at oakland and ended up winning 5-4, but not covering the run-line. Pettitte has been the tough luck loser on a lot of games that he has pithed well and when he faced harden earlier this year, he lost 4-5. For a 3.30 ERA in the american league, he has just 4 wins which goes to show you how much the yankees have struggled this year. Tough game here, but a lean on the a's and haren.

Braves vs. Marlins

Atlanta nearly collapsed its lead yesterday but give them some credit, they have won 5 in a row as they look to sweep back to back series in the nats and marlins. Florida has now lost 6 in a row and played in 4 straight overs. Carlyle did pitch against Florida earlier this year and gave up 1 earned run and 1 hit on 7 innings and Wilils pitched against the Braves earlier this year as well having won both of his outings but giving up 8 hits each time and 8 earned runs. A small lean on the over given how well the braves are playing and the Marlins are attempting to avoid the sweep here. 11-4 and 8-7 were the 2 scores for Willis when he faced the braves earlier this year.

Tampa bay vs. Cleveland

Tampa bay has lost 6 in a row and 5 of their last 6 have gone under till' the game yesterday when they faced sabathia. Cleveland has won 5 of their last 6. Sheilds has gotten hit hard in his last 3 starts for 16 runs although did give up just 2 to the indians earlier this season as the game was a push at 10. Lee has given up 7 earned runs in his last 3 starts and the indians have won all 3. A lean on the over 9.5 here.

Cards vs. Reds

Cards have played in 6 straight unders and counting as this team seems to be the under version of the AL Tigers. They have alternated wins and losses for the most part and play a Reds team that has also done the same as the last 2 have gone under. Maroth pitched well for his new team last time out while Bailey is on the bounce-back after getting rocked by the Phillies. An awful lot of runs to be scored for St. Louis here at 10.5, a lean on the under.

Angels vs. Orioles

Angels have lost 5 of their last 6 despite Figgins and Cabrera hitting over for the month of june. Baltimore continues to show signs of improvement under their interim coach winning 6 of 9. Lackey did beat cabrera in his last start 3-2 and guthrie picked up a ND in his last start against the angels going down 3-4, but he has pitched phenomenal this year including a 1.74 ERA on the season. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the orioles win today just as he outpitched pettitte and the yankees at home.

Nationals vs. Pirates

Washington has now lost 5 in a row. Pittsburgh consequently has won its last 4 of 5. Bacsik has now lost 5 in a row and his last 6 when he is on the mound. Malholm has pitched well giving up 7 earned runs in his last 3 starts. Lean on the Pirates here.

Rangers vs. Red Sox

Give credit to texas for coming back to beat boston yesterday 5-4 as Tejada was more than a 2:1 dog in some places yesterday. Boston has lost 4 of its last 5 and the last 3 have gone under as they have only scored 7 runs in the last 3 games. Awfully high line here considering that Loe has given up 5 earned runs in his last 3 starts but his last 2 starts against boston the scores have been 8-4 and 5-6. However, that doesn't mean anything as he faced the Tigers and he shut them down well after giving up a ton of runs before to them. However, both of Tavarez's games against Boston have gone over as he has given up roughly 8 runs on nearly 10 innings. However, since then he has given up 11 runs in his last 5 starts. Lean on the under.

Mets vs. Phillies

Mets have now won 8 of their last 9 as both the mets and the braves have gotten hot around the same time. Philadelphia is a game above .500 and have lost 3 in a row now and are on the verge of getting swept at home. Pelfrey hasn't started since may 12th and has lost 5 starts in a row coming in while Kendrick has helped his team each time he started but has a 5 plus era.

White Sox vs. Royals

White sox have now won 5 of their last 6. Kansas City has won 5 of thier last 6 as well and the white sox have gone under 8-0-1 in the last 9. Garland has pitched well in his last 2 starts but the white sox couldn't hit the broad side of a barn then so the chances of winning were slim to none for him. Garland cosequently has picked up just 5 wins on the year. Thompson defeated Lackey has close to a 3:1 dog as the royals won outright so I wouldn't be surprised from a strong showing from him today as well nor will I be suprised if he gets rocked in his sophomore start in a let-down. No lean here as it seems every game in this series is a tossup.

Rockies vs. Astros

Rockies have lost 8 of 9 before finally winning with Francis on the mound yesterday. 5 of their last 6 had gone over till' yesterday's game went under. Houston did win 2 in a row just a couple of days ago, but more often than not, they have lost over the past month. Lopez is a solid pitcher and comes off getting rocked by the Cubs but had pitched great prior to that. Rodriguez is on a bounce-back from the brewers as well but he has had success with the Rockies by giving up just 1 run in 5 innings of work last time. A small lean on the rockies as the dog for value as I think this game is a tossup and I probably trust the rockies lineup a bit more than the Astros lineup.

Blue Jays vs. Mariners

Bluejays have lost 3 in a row while Seattle has won 7 in a row as they have already locked in their 4th series win in a row. Marcum has given up 5 earned runs in his last 3 starts but weaver has won back to back starts in gems against the pirates and red sox. Hard to fade a pitcher who has a 3-0 2.26 ERA in Marcum and hard to go against a scrappy mariners team who has done well of late not to mention will look to avoid the sweep.

Brewers vs. Cubs

Milwaukee has won 4 of 5 and their last 2 ballgames have gone over which figures since both these offenses seems like they can hit on anybody. The Cubs had won 7 or 8 in a row before getting drilled by sheets and company yesterday. I actually don't have a line here or a total, although I lean towards the over. Bush has been pitching well giving up 5 runs in his last 3 starts but has gotten hit hard by the cubs for 10 runs in his last 2 starts this year. Marquis held the cubs to just 1 earned run in his last start although his era is over 5 in his last 3 starts. The last time these 2 met, the total was set at 9, so I assume something close to that this time as well. A small lean on the over.

Twins vs. Tigers

Twins are making a run here as they just seem to like playing detroit as they have 3 in a row and 4 of their last 5. When the twins win, games typically go over as no one particularly expects them to put up offense hence the padres look a like of the national league relying on pitching, some hitting and on defense. Detroit has dropped 4 of 5 and Sheffield served his suspension yesterday for arguing calls and this doesn't help their cause in chasing down the indians. Baker has helped the twins win back to back starts in beating the mets and blue jays. Against detroit last season, he gave up 9 earned runs. After winning 18 in a row, bonderman finally lost a game to the rangers but in all 4 games he pitched against the twins last year, he lost.

Dbacks vs. Giants

Zona and the Giants play another under as Lowry picks up the win. San Fran has played in 5 straight unders. Lincecum and owings pitched well in their last time outs and 5/6 owings starts have gone over, but when he starts, the dbacks have been typically doing well of late. Once again, another small lean on the under here.

Padres vs. Dodgers

Pads have won 4 in a row and have taken 2 from the Dodgers and Germano is on the mound and he has pitched well for them but has the pads have lost his last 2 starts. Billingsley and the dodgers have won both of his starts despite him having a 8 plus era as the offense has come through for him. Lean on the Pads here but the question is will they get enough offense off of bilingsley although germano only gave up 3 hits his last time out and 11 hits in his last 3 starts.

Plays that are over 58% significance for the card today:
Dbacks/Giants Under
Brewers/Cubs Over
Rockies
Rangers/Red Sox Under
Pirates
Cards/Reds
Tampa bay/Cleveland over

Storm
Lyns/Monarchs Over
Sky

Sunday's Play: Will be uploaded on the banner by the admin once some work in the backend gets done.

Cards/Reds Under 10.5

I haven't seen a 10.5 total in a Cards game in a while. The Cards as noted in the research have played in 6 straight unders as there offense have scored 1,1,0,5,4,1. I have this game pegged at 5-3. Maroth made his first start for the Cards and did very well against the Mets and that is when the Mets were playing well as well. He is likely to pitch well against the Philies here as well in his 2nd start. Hence, the phillies should be held for the most part in check. The Cards offense is not the greatest as you know and Homer Bailey is no flat out stud, but he does have talent and he was absolutely rocked in his last start which is why I like him today. He had very little control and didn't make it out of the 2nd inning, but he also follows up very well after a bad start. He gave up 5 hits and 2 runs to Cleveland, then gets rocked by the angels by 5 runs, and then gives up 2 hits and 1 run to the a's, and now is attemping to bounce-back after the phillies game. Reds have been able to score just 7 runs in the last 2 runs off of Wainrwight and thompson. Under is 6-0 for the Cards as of late and 5-1 in Reds last 6 games vs. a starter with a WHIP less than 1.15.

That's what I got, good luck fellas,
ic
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
Indiancowboy

Dunkel Index:
Today's MLB Picks

Oakland at NY Yankees

Yesterday the Yankee bats were shut down (7-0) on a combined one-hitter by Chad Gaudin and Rich Harden. The shutout ran New York's scoreless streak to 16 straight innings. Today the Bronx Bombers have to face Oakland's Dan Haren (9-2, 1.91), who leads the A.L. in ERA and opponents' batting average (.194) while running his streak to 15 straight starts without a loss. The A's look like a good underdog pick (+135) in this one according to Dunkel, which has Oakland favored straight up by 1 1/2. Dunkel Pick: Oakland (+135). Here are all of today's games.
<TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=4 width=537><TBODY><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>SUNDAY, JULY 1
Time Posted: 8:00 a.m. EST
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 951-952: Atlanta at Florida
Dunkel Ratings: Atlanta (Carlyle) 15.191; Florida (Willis) 14.242
Dunkel Line: Atlanta by 1; 10 1/2
Vegas Line: Florida (-130); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Atlanta (+130); Over</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 953-954: St. Louis at Cincinnati
Dunkel Ratings: St. Louis (Maroth) 16.707; Cincinnati (Bailey) 14.172
Dunkel Line: St. Louis by 2 1/2; 8 1/2
Vegas Line: St. Louis (-110); 10 1/2
Dunkel Pick: St. Louis (-110); Under</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 955-956: Washington at Pittsburgh
Dunkel Ratings: Washington (Bacsik) 14.369; Pittsburgh (Maholm) 15.645
Dunkel Line: Pittsburgh by 1 1/2; 9
Vegas Line: Pittsburgh (-170); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Pittsburgh (-170); Over</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 957-958: NY Mets at Philadelphia
Dunkel Ratings: NY Mets (Perez) 17.183; Philadelphia (Kendrick) 15.162
Dunkel Line: NY Mets by 2; 9 1/2
Vegas Line: NY Mets (-140); 10 1/2
Dunkel Pick: NY Mets (-140); Under</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 959-960: Colorado at Houston
Dunkel Ratings: Colorado (Lopez) 15.631; Houston (Rodriguez) 15.441
Dunkel Line: Colorado by 1/2; 10 1/2
Vegas Line: Houston (-140); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Colorado (+140); Over</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 961-962: Milwaukee at Chicago Cubs
Dunkel Ratings: Milwaukee (Bush) 17.540; Cubs (Marquis) 15.629
Dunkel Line: Milwaukee by 2; 12
Vegas Line: Milwaukee (-110); No Run Line
Dunkel Pick: Milwaukee (-110); N/A</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 963-964: Arizona at San Francisco
Dunkel Ratings: Arizona (Owings) 17.163; San Francisco (Lincecum) 14.473
Dunkel Line: Arizona by 2 1/2; 7 1/2
Vegas Line: San Francisco (-120); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Arizona (+120); Under</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 965-966: San Diego at LA Dodgers
Dunkel Ratings: San Diego (Germano) 18.035; LA Dodgers (Billingsley) 15.513
Dunkel Line: San Diego by 2 1/2; 7
Vegas Line: San Diego (-115); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: San Diego (-115); Under</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 967-968: Tampa Bay at Cleveland
Dunkel Ratings: Tampa Bay (Shields) 13.953; Cleveland (Lee) 16.976
Dunkel Line: Cleveland by 3; 11
Vegas Line: Cleveland (-160); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Cleveland (-160); Over</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 969-970: Oakland at NY Yankees
Dunkel Ratings: Oakland (Haren) 15.929; NY Yankees (Pettitte) 14.364
Dunkel Line: Oakland by 1 1/2; 9
Vegas Line: NY Yankees (-135); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Oakland (+135); Over</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 971-972: Minnesota at Detroit
Dunkel Ratings: Minnesota (Baker) 18.103; Detroit (Bonderman) 17.366
Dunkel Line: Minnesota by 1; 11 1/2
Vegas Line: Detroit (-175); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Minnesota (+175); Over</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 973-974: LA Angels at Baltimore
Dunkel Ratings: LA Angels (Lackey) 15.902; Baltimore (Guthrie) 17.464
Dunkel Line: Baltimore by 1 1/2; 9 1/2
Vegas Line: LA Angels (-150); 8 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Baltimore (+150); Over</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 975-976: Texas at Boston
Dunkel Ratings: Texas (Loe) 17.642; Boston (Tavarez) 16.735
Dunkel Line: Texas by 1; 8 1/2
Vegas Line: Boston (-200); 11
Dunkel Pick: Texas (+200); Under</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 977-978: Chicago White Sox at Kansas City
Dunkel Ratings: White Sox (Garland) 16.220; Kansas City (Thomson) 17.175
Dunkel Line: Kansas City by 1; 8
Vegas Line: Chicago White Sox (-110); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Kansas City (+110); Under</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" width=521 height=17>Game 979-980: Toronto at Seattle
Dunkel Ratings: Toronto (Marcum) 16.369; Seattle (Weaver) 17.349
Dunkel Line: Seattle by 1; 10
Vegas Line: Toronto (-110); 9 1/2
Dunkel Pick: Seattle (+110); Over</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- / sig --><!-- edit note -->

Tokens
Sunday Horse Racing Spot Picks

SPOT PLAYS

For Sunday
TRACK (RACE) HORSE, MORNING LINE
Arlington Park (6th) Joust, 5-1
(7th) Stivaletto, 5-1
Belmont Park (2nd) Flying Falcon, 6-1
(4th) One in a Romp, 3-1
Calder Race Course (3rd) Packer, 8-1
(8th) C. C. Glider, 4-1
Canterbury Park (6th) Olga S, 8-1
(8th) Minnesota Slew, 3-1
Charles Town (4th) Pineapple Pete, 3-1
(10th) Aqua Pierra, 3-1
Churchill Downs (1st) Spanish Coin, 3-1
(2nd) Looks the Part, 4-1
Colonial Downs (2nd) Meadowren Sky, 3-1
(3rd) Buckeye Wonder, 8-1
Delaware Park (4th) Master of Dance, 7-2
(8th) All Night Labor, 8-1
Emerald Downs (6th) D Devil, 5-1
(10th) Always a Rose, 3-1
Finger Lakes (4th) Lovacious, 7-2
(8th) Embrace Life, 3-1
Fort Erie (7th) Shanata, 7-2
(8th) True Reality, 4-1
Hastings Park (4th) Sigfreto, 9-2
(5th) Sauce Girl, 6-1
Hollywood Park (7th) Hemet Thought, 6-1
(8th) Organ Pipe, 8-1
Lone Star Park (3rd) Go to Plan B, 9-2
(5th) Oscar Wildcat, 10-1
Louisiana Downs (6th) Sweet Buddha, 5-1
(8th) Dragum, 5-1
Monmouth Park (4th) Live Music, 9-2
(9th) My Dynomite, 3-1
Mountaineer (2nd) Social Dinner, 7-2
(7th) Angel's Melodee, 10-1
Northlands (2nd) Lesstalkmorerock, 8-1
(8th) Kadence, 5-1
Philadelphia Park (7th) Rhythmn Master, 3-1
(8th) Loquacious Lover, 3-1
River Downs (2nd) Gold Rush Casey, 7-2
(8th) Looney, 5-1
Suffolk Downs (1st) Aliquot, 3-1
(7th) Condo Lady, 6-1
Thistledown (7th) Damascus Dancer, 9-2
(11th) Johnduffswood, 6-1
Woodbine (7th) Well Whoopdeedoo, 3-1
(8th) Naked Nues, 6-1
<!-- / message -->

TRACK BANDIT PREVIEWS
BEVERLY HILLS H. (G2), 3RD-HOL, $150,000, 3YO/UP, F/M, 1 1/4MT, 2:20 P.M. PDT, 7-1

PP HORSE TRAINER JOCKEY WT
1 CITRONNADE FRANKEL ROBERT J FLORES D R 122
2 MEMORETTE CURRIN WILLIAM BAZE T C 114
3 MABADI SHULMAN SANFORD GRYDER A T 115
4 NAKABA (BRZ) LOBO PAULO H BLANC B 115
5 ANDREA (NZ) STEIN ROGER M NAKATANI C S 113
6 NAUGHTY RAFAELA (BRZ) FRANKEL ROBERT J SOLIS A 117

The mega-talented CITRONNADE (Lemon Drop Kid) will lead a field of six postward in the $150,000 Beverly Hills H. (G2) over the Hollywood turf course on Sunday. The Bobby Frankel charge is unbeaten in three starts this year, all of which were graded contests, including the Gamely Breeders' Cup S. (G1) most recently over this lawn. Arguably the premier turf distaffer on the West Coast, Citronnade is equipped with an abundance of early foot and has yet to be headed in 2007, a trend that we feel will continue in this event. The certain odds-on choice will be guided, likely all the way to the winner's circle, by David Flores.

Our choice for the place is NAUGHTY RAFAELA (Brz) (Royal Academy), who will likely complete an all-Frankel exacta. The five-year-old mare owns a Group 1 tally in her native Brazil and seems to be finally reaching her top form since coming to the United States, which includes a strong one-length score in the Santa Barbara H. (G2) last try. The bay will receive five pounds from the favorite and should get first run on the deep closers turning for home, but anything more than a runner-up performance would be a major upset in our minds. Alex Solis will ride.

MABADI (Sahm) was a closing second in the Santa Barbara and followed that up with a comprehensive victory in the Yerba Buena S. most recently. The dark bay still has a way to go to match strides with the top one, but any improvement could find the Sanford Shulman charge challenging for the place under Aaron Gryder.

Group 2 heroine NAKABA (Brz) (Know Heights [Ire]) gamely cleared her allowance condition against softer last out and will need a lifetime best to challenge late in here. Conditioned by Paulo Lobo, the bay mare could appreciate the added ground in here but we're not certain if she's good enough to contend for a top two finish in the latter stages. We wouldn't consider the lass a complete throw-out due to the underwhelming status of her competition outside of our top choice. Brice Blanc has the riding assignment.

Defending champion MEMORETTE (Memo [Chi]) has morphed into a one-run closer as of late, and her style could be a huge detriment to her in this affair. The Bill Currin trainee lacks the tactical speed she possessed earlier in her career and could be left with too much to do in the late stages here. If the California-bred fires her best, she could compete for a placing beneath Tyler Baze.

ANDREA (NZ) (Danasinga [Aus]) needed a late burst to beat first-level allowance foes in her U.S. debut last out and seems misplaced in this one. The six-year-old has never fared well with this type and we don't expect her to do so in this fray. Roger Stein trains, while Corey Nakatani will ride.
TRACK BANDIT SELECTIONS: 1st-CITRONNADE
2nd-NAUGHTY RAFAELA (Brz)
3rd-MABADI

Mike Superstein's Hollywood Park Analysis for Sunday, July 1

RACE ONE

TASHA'S MIRACLE ran great right out of the box, rallying four wide to lose a photo finish. Experience is often a key factor in these juvenile maiden events, so 'MIRACLE would appear to have a big advantage for trainer John Sadler. Sadler does have an insurance policy, as he also saddles fast-working first time starter MYSTIC GEISHA. 'GEISHA is bred to win early and has the services of red-hot apprentice Joe Talamo. THANKFULLY rounds out the contention, but finished more than three lengths back of TASHA'S MIRACLE last time out.

RACE TWO

BERTRAND AT MR A'S faced better competition in the Bay Area, ships south and drops for Jerry Hollendorfer, and gets the services of Corey Nakatani. This shorter trip should work to his advantage. GRECIAN SPUR dropped to this level and was a close second at this distance. He's sitting on another big effort. DENNYBUCK perked up a bit last time out and may finally be getting his bearings for Bill Spawr.

RACE THREE

A winner of seven races, including five stakes, from only 10 starts, CITRONNADE has come a long way in a short period of time. Since joining the Frankel barn, she's been untouchable, culminating with a monster win in the recent Gamely Handicap. She should be all alone on the front and win as the rider pleases at a short price. Handicapping the rest of the field, the other Frankel entrant, NAUGHTY RAFAELA, took down the Grade 2 Santa Barbara handicap in her last start and is her stablemate's likely exacta partner. MABADI finished right behind 'RAFAELA in the Santa Barbara, then won the Yerba Buena at Golden Gate most recently.

RACE FOUR

In a wide-open beginning to the Pick Six, RUNAWAY WINNER rates a slight edge. She just handled a similar group June 8 and has the tactical speed to take advantage of a bulky field. WARREN'S SUMMER will appreciate the class drop after facing much better company. Victor Espinoza takes over and 'SUMMER looks like a live item. TORIKINS was four lengths behind RUNAWAY WINNER and follows her to the next level down.

RACE FIVE

DOUBLE TROUBLE showed speed in the Wilshire Handicap, but rated nicely in her next start to win vs. allowance company. She takes the next logical step for Frankel and should speed through her conditions back to stakes. SWEET BELLE went head-and-head for the lead before giving way grudgingly. She'll get a comfortable trip just behind the early leaders. KRIS' SIS was given a brief respite by Julio Canani and came back with at strong score at this trip.

RACE SIX

RING OF FRIENDSHIP has been in the money 14 of 20 starts while competing on the tough southern California circuit. Several of his opponents today have been competing at lesser race tracks. Mike Mitchell has become somewhat of a specialist with aged turf runners. WESTERLY MAGIC has been rallying from the back of the pack in the Bay Area. He's reunited here with Alex Solis, who was aboard for a third place finish the last time 'MAGIC raced in the southland. BLUE TORPEDO flattened out in his last, but that was understandable as the winner ran the last quarter in 22 4/5.

RACE SEVEN

The seventh race is impossible to decipher. We'll just take our shot and pray for some luck. VORACIOUS threw a wing ding at the gate against much better, showed brief speed, then stopped to a walk. On his best day, he's probably the fastest horse, but the giant drop is a major concern. JOHN HENNESSY tried hard against the comebacking Aggressive, running that one to a length loss. His gate speed always gives him a chance. CLAN CHIEF isn't very reliable, but fits at this level when he's in the mood to run. He was only a half-length behind 'HENNESSY last time.

RACE EIGHT

T'AINT WAR SIR spurted clear late to break his maiden sprinting June 10 after more than 10 months on the sidelines. What makes his victory even more impressive is that he has a much better turf than dirt pedigree. His sire, War Chant, won the Breeders' Cup Turf and his dam is by prolific grass stallion Sir Ivor. ORGAN PIPE was second twice at this level in his last two starts. He likes to race up close, so traffic won't be a problem. DAYTONA was the beaten favorite in his American debut, but acts like he'll enjoy the added distance.

RACE NINE

APPEALING SWEETS was well-regarded early in her career, but is still a maiden at age five. She ran an improved race when dropped in for a tag and moves down even more today in the hopes of finally breaking her maiden. RECKONING DAY has no speed sprinting or routing but has enough of a stretch kick to be a factor here. She was claimed by Doug O'Neill last time out. A P BULLETIN was the early leader on the Golden Gate Fields turf before calling it a day. The cut back in distance along with the class drop make her an interesting possibility.

Best Bet-CITRONNADE (3)
<!-- / message -->
<!-- sig -->__________________

BELMONT

By Dave Litfin

BEST BET: Lear's Princess (7th race)

First Race
1. Optimist Girl 2. Fort Carillon 3. Broken Treaty
OPTIMIST GIRL has run at distances ranging from a mile to 1 1/2 miles in seven starts this year, and has not been out of the 70s on Beyers; that hasn't been good enough to overtake allowance company or $50K claimers, but it makes her a viable stretch threat at this level. FORT CARILLON chased the pace three wide, weakened late, but was still less than two lengths behind the choice at the finish of their June 6 meeting; better post this time. BROKEN TREATY returned from an extended absence at Monmouth Park to handle cheaper at even money; field's only three-time winner on turf.

Second Race
1. Lunar Rendezvous 2. Chunk of Love 3. Mutakaway
LUNAR RENDEZVOUS came up short in first start off the claim, but was in against starter handicap rivals for purse of $50K, and takes a considerable class drop; best Beyer showing was delivered off a turnback to six furlongs. CHUNK OF LOVE found best stride belatedly when against the grain of an inside speed bias in return from freshening; consistent mare has history of running well in second race of form cycle, cuts back to preferred distance. MUTAKAWAY was unable to muster needed late kick in three previous starts at the meet, but those were all on turf, beginning with new top figure; dropped back approaching midstretch, made up two lengths through final furlong of latest, which is an unusual-looking running line.

Third Race
1. Abraaj 2. Rumspringa 3. Noonmark
ABRAAJ was under fierce pace pressure from the opening bell, fought gamely to the wire in two starts on this track spaced three weeks apart; been given 5 1/2 weeks to freshen up at Saratoga, where heh he trained well. RUMSPRINGA raced into the teeth of an inside speed bias rallying for second behind 3-10 shot Rondo (stakes bound) last out; freshening and relocation have done wonders, in the exacta 50% of the time. NOONMARK was running Beyers in the high 90s on a regular basis as a 2-year-old and through the first half of 2006, before something went awry in the Amsterdam and Jerome; first time he's been in an allowance race since first start at 3.

Fourth Race
1. Lottie Zip 2. Talented Treasure 3. One in a Romp
LOTTIE ZIP was bet to 2-1 for both starts as a late-season 2-year-old, and was in contention through deep stretch each time; has since changed hands, has trained well for trainer who wins at 38% with long layoffs. TALENTED TREASURE stumbled at the start, rallied very wide to be a clear third in an eventful debut; threat with routine improvement. ONE IN A ROMP has turned in three consistent efforts on three different surfaces since returning from a layoff; made up seven lengths in middle move first time on this track.

Fifth Race
1. Tuckahoe Road 2. Dixie Rainbow 3. A. P. Test
TUCKAHOE ROAD rallied three wide into the stretch, gained a short lead a furlong from home and was bounced arounddn between rivals late in first turf try; finishing kick may be a bit stronger turning back to a long sprint, especially if she gets a clean run through the lane. DIXIE RAINBOW angled out and finished well to miss the place by a half-length in debut behind even-money Enchantal (see 7th race), who came back to run second in an overnight stake; should be closer to the pace stretching out from a shorter sprint. A. P. TEST is a half-sister to multiple Grade 1 turf winner Riskaverse, and has displayed consistent speed in the mornings.

Sixth Race
1. Dubit 2. My Mammy 3. Glacken's Gal
DUBIT was edged by Sky Mom (an allowance repeater with a 94 Beyer) first time out on Polytrack, then earned maiden win after battling back tenaciously in deep stretch of sprint at Churchill Downs; likely to face early pressure from MY MAMMY. The latter, a half-sister to Blue Grass winner Bandini, was bet to 4-5 for unveiling in the slop at Delaware Park, and widened her lead at every call; could be any kind. GLACKEN'S GAL shook off several early challengers to win debut convincinglyl flattered when the second finisher returned to win earlier this week.

Seventh Race
1. Lear's Princess 2. Enchantal 3. Unspoken Word
LEAR'S PRINCESS won a nose decision in debut on Polytrack when his rider, as well as the rider of the second-place horse, both misjudged the wire; lagged far back early stages of allowance on this course May 24, but rapidly gained four wide and finished strongly to win impressively. ENCHANTAL comes up to this very nicely, after pairing up new top Beyers in turf sprints in return from layoff; versatile running style, raced gamely at 1 1/16 miles lone attempt last summer. UNSPOKEN WORD raced in two very tough spots here in May, when she had tough trips against three next-out stakes winners, most notably Makderah, who took last weekend's Grade 2 New York as much the best; should settle more readily with blinkers removed.

Eighth Race
1. Ready's Image 2. Lantana Mob 3. Fort Drum
READY'S IMAGE had two races in a fairly short span of time in the spring, winning debut at the expense of two next-out graduates, and then racing evenly in sloppy Kentucky BC; returns newly blinkered, has experience edge on last-out maiden winners. LANTANA MOB chased One Hot Wish's record clocking in bow, resurfaced nearly two months later to demolish 10 rivals at 7-5 at Churchill; trainer/jockey combination 9 for 17 at Belmont. FORT DRUM took money for debut, was bounced around between horses at the break, drove clear to beat a next-out winner; New York-bred tries open company - something that's generally less of a factor at this early stage.

Ninth Race
1. Hold That Thought 2. Panicking Petunia 3. Don't Mind Me
HOLD THAT THOUGHT finished evenly when turned back to a sprint in second start of the year, an effort that looks better after the winner, Iron Goddess, returned to wire a $65K overnight stake earlier this week; first time she's had two races under the same conditions back to back. PANICKING PETUNIA was dismissed at 23-1 first time out, but uncorked a wide move to win as much the best on this course; one of a handful of contenders in competitive nightcap. DON'T MIND ME and AHVEE'S DESTINY were separated by just a bit more than a length when second and fourth in May 16 dash, and figure close if able to hold form 6 1/2 weeks later.
<!-- / message -->

TRACKMASTER RACE OF THE DAY

Today's Free Race: Lone Star for Sunday July 01, 2007

Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts at Lone Star

Lone Star - Race #9 - Post: 5:19pm

Rating: 4

Choice Plays:

#1 WICKERSHAM (ML=5/2)

WICKERSHAM - In this race here, this thoroughbred has clearly shown signs that she likes the grass. Her Equibase speed figures are the highest in the field for this distance/surface. I seem to always make money betting Torrez horses on the grass. That barn has a dominant win percent for this distance/surface. Ranked at the top of the list in earnings per start. Another indication that this horse has class.

Vulnerable Contenders: #3 WACOS CUTIE (ML=2/1), #5 SPRING JABAR (ML=9/2), #2 RIMROC GOLD (ML=6/1)

WACOS CUTIE - You should normally wager against chalks that haven't raced or show no activity in the morning over the last 3 weeks. SPRING JABAR - Tough to go with this racer at 7 1/2 furlongs after showing no early speed at 1 mile. I'd like to see better recent showings with oddsmaker's morning line of 9/2. Doubtful that the speed rating she recorded on Jun 16th will hold up in this race. RIMROC GOLD - Generally I need a sprinter to have some success lately in sprint affairs in order to wager on her. Finished fourth in her most recent race with a pedestrian fig. When I look at today's class figure, it would take an improved performance to score after that in this field.

GUEST COMMENTARY: The Turf Man - WICKERSHAM - Don't overlook this noble animal in your wagering. She owns the best average class figure against these ponies in this contest.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
Go with #1 WICKERSHAM on top if we're getting at least 1/1 odds

EXACTA WAGERS:
1 with [7,10]
<!-- / message -->

Holly 8th
<HR style="COLOR: #d1dae1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hope all has been well here at ATB ! Here's the 8th from Hollywood courtesy of Dermer's Racing Digest

RACE 8
6 Frank the Barber - No one really stands out as a best bet today so let's just use the 8th race as the best bet since there appears to be some decent value. The 1 doesn't appear to be any better than the rest so we'll take a pass at 7-2. Frank the Barber is coming off a solid maiden victory and he's run well in all 4 of his career tries on the grass. 3 wide trip in the start prior to his last and he seems to have as good a shot as anyone here at 12-1.
4 Tap It Light - Turf form is solid and he should move up changing back to his preferred surface today. Too close to a quick early pace in his last and he overcame a slow early pace to get the job done in that race on Feb 7.
2 T'aint War Sir - Bred to love the grass and I imagine they have high hopes for this three year old colt. Inside post and relative lack of speed here both help and my main concern is McAnally's horses usually regress second time off the shelf (especially after a big effort). The clockers though have liked what they've seen and this trainer does win about 17% with first turf.
9 Shem - Solid effort in his last try while meeting this par against stakes competition. Stuck behind a slow early pace in his last in what basically turned into a useful 4 furlong workout. Ran well with our 2nd choice 3 starts back and we should get some value at 10-1.
<!-- / message -->

<!-- / message -->​
<!-- controls -->​

Tokens
Anybody have Players of America? Someone posted 2 of their plays yesterday, won money. Today they have a 5* play and three 3* unit plays. Should be a good day for them. ANYBODY?

Tokens
Larry Ness' Las Vegas Insider (14-6 or 70% winners since May 21!)
My Las Vegas Insider is on the StL Cards at 1:15 ET. Mike Maroth struggled for the Tigers before they got good and last year (with the team headed to the World Series), he was lost to a season-ending injury. This year, with Detroit again contending, he was traded to the Cardinals. However, that may be a blessing in disguise, especially if one were to go by his Cardinal debut last Monday. At Shea Stadium against the Mets, he pitched 7.1 innings, allowing just two hits and one ER (Mets won 2-1 in 11 innings). He is 1-0 with a 2.79 ERA in three starts against NL teams this year and is 5-0 in nine road starts this year (teams are 7-2). He gets to go against the Reds here, a team with the NL's worst overall record (31-50) and its worst home record as well (15-24). Cincy is 11-19 vs left-handed starters this season, including a sad 3-10 (minus-$805) mark in home games! The Reds will counter with highly-touted rookie Homer Bailey (2-1, 6.41). Bailey tries to bounce back from the worst start of his brief career. Bailey won two of his first three major league starts but was knocked around his last time out for six runs, six hits and three walks in just 1 2-3 innings of an 11-4 loss to Philadelphia on Tuesday. It was the first time he pitched less than five innings, and his ERA jumped from 4.00 to 6.41. The Cards have struggled scoring runs this year but I look for them to get to Bailey and for Maroth to shut down the Reds. Las Vegas Insider on the StL Cards.

Good Luck...Larry

Larry Ness' Sunday Slam-Early (95-43 in MLB since May 30!)
My Sunday Slam is on the Fla Marlins at 1:05 ET. The Braves lost last Sunday night at home to the Tigers 5-0. That left them with a five-game losing streak in which they were outscored 27-1. The Braves then went to Washington and swept the Nationals in a three-game series and this weekend in Florida, have won the first two games of this series with the Marlins. Congrats to the Braves but ENOUGH already! Let's note that the Braves' only previous three-game sweep in Florida came May 2-4, 1995. Dontrelle Willis starts for the Marlins and the Marlins have won each of the last five times he's started against Atlanta (2-0 this year). Willis went 0-4 with a 4.82 ERA in five June starts and has not won since a 9-4 win on May 29 against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field. However, his June ERA was more than half a run lower than his mark in April, when he went 5-1 in six starts. The Marlins are 10-7 in Willis' starts this year, as his 6.73 runs of support ranks second in the NL in '07. Meanwhile, the Braves will counter with rookie Buddy Carlyle. Carlyle doesn't have much of a resume. He made 11 appearances (seven starts) for the Padres in '99 and '00 and then 10 relief appearances for the Dodgers in '05, before joining the Braves this year. In those 21 appearances, his ERA was 7.41. This year, he's made seven appearances (six starts), going six innings or less three times while allowing four ERs or more three times. His ERA is 5.14. Considering how well the Marlins hit with Willis on the mound plus his recent success against the Braves, I see this game being all Florida. Sunday Slam on the Fla Marlins.

Good Luck...Larry

Larry Ness' 15* Rivalry Game of the Week (65-18 TY with 15* GOW plays!)
My 15* play is on the LA Dodgers at 4:10 ET. The Padres look to sweep the Dodgers on Sunday afternoon when the teams close out a three-game series at Dodger Stadium. On Saturday, San Diego won for the 10th time in its last 14 road games in Los Angeles, beating the Dodgers 3-1 in 12 innings. The Padres, who won 7-6 on Friday, have won five straight over the Dodgers this season and lead the season series 7-4. San Diego is trying to match a season high with a fifth straight victory and notch its fifth sweep of Los Angeles in the last two years and second this season. San Diego swept three series last year between the clubs, including two at Dodger Stadium. All that said, I'm taking the men in blue. The Padres will send Justin Germano (5-1, 2.67 ERA) to the mound in the finale. The 24-year-old right-hander won his first five decisions before going 0-1 with a 3.75 ERA in his last two starts. This is just a feeling but I'm looking for this young pitcher to "come back to earth." Chad Billingsley (4-0, 4.01) will make his third start this season for the Dodgers, who moved him from the bullpen to the starting rotation to replace Jason Schmidt, who underwent season-ending shoulder surgery. The 22-year-old right-hander has not received a decision in either start, although the Dodgers won both games. He allowed five runs and four hits in four innings on Tuesday against the Arizona Diamondbacks in a 6-5, 10-inning win. Last year, he made 16 starts for LA and the team went 9-7, as he posted a solid 3.44 ERA. Handicapping is often about "the gut" and mine says LA gets this win. Rivalry Game of the Week 15* LA Dodgers.

Good Luck...Larry

Tom Stryker's 7-Star MLB Game of the Year
#962 CHICAGO CUBS with Marquis (-109) over Milwaukee at 2:20 PM EST
Before heading into the All-Star break, Chicago must travel to Washington and Pittsburgh. That makes this "final home game" against Milwaukee extremely important for the Cubs. At 39-40 on the season and 7 1/2 games back in the NL Central, the Cubbies need this victory like blood.

Fading Milwaukee's David Bush won't be a problem for this writer. On the road, Bush has been average-at-best. In seven games on foreign soil, the right-hander from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania has been rocked for 26 earned runs and 50 hits in 37.1 frames. That adds up to a lofty 6.27 ERA and a WHIP of 1.608!

The Cubs have already proven that they can beat Bush too. In two starts against Chicago this season, No. 31 has been drilled for 10 earned runs and 15 hits in just 12 innings of work. The Cubbies won both of those battles by margins of 7-2 and 9-3.

Chicago's Jason Marquis is having a great season and he's pitched extremely well in the friendly confines of Wrigley Field. In eight starts in the Windy City, Marquis owns a 3-2 record (the Cubs are 6-2 overall in those performances) and has been nicked for only 19 earned runs and 41 hits in 49 innings. That adds up to a spectacular 3.49 ERA and a WHIP of 1.163!

The Cubs are playing great baseball right now and manager Lou Pinella will make sure his troops get the job done here. Take Chicago with Marquis. Thank you and best of luck, Tom Stryker.

Tokens
Sunday Comps
<HR style="COLOR: #a8a8a8" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Sebastian-Oakland
Computer Boys-Tigers
Winner Line-San Francisco
OTM-OVER Tigers
USA-UNDER Mets
Feiner(the unfit parent)-Dodgers

Tokens
Guaranteed Pick: John Ryan

Game: Oakland Athletics at New York Yankees Jul 1 2007 1:05PM
Prediction: Oakland Athletics
Reason: Ai Simulator 3* graded play on Oakland - Before I get to the game detail let's take a look at a very impressive system that supports a play on Oakland and has produced a 37-13 record and has made 29.6 units since 1997. The average play has been a dog of +115.2. Play against home teams with a money line of -100 to -150 with an on base percentage of .300 or worse over their last 10 games, in July games. I lost a 5* play on the NYY yesterday, a huge disappointment not just with the loss, but how anemic and unengaged the NYY played. Just 1 hit and now they are batting a woeful 239 and scoring 2.6 RPG. Normally we would talk about A-Rod in a slump if he hit just 2 HR in his last 7 games, but this entire NYY team has just 2 HR and 15 EB in their past 7 games. Yankees bullpen becoming to unravel with a 4.16 ERA and 1.57 WHIP, giving 12 BB and recording just 10 Ks in 21.7 innings of work. Up to his last start Haren had gone 7 or more innings in 9 straight starts. He posted 6.7, yielded 3 ER in his last start at Cleveland. He has pitched 6 or more innings in 16 of his 17 starts this season and I see no reason why he should not get 6+ today. He sports a 1.91 ERA and a 0.943 WHIP on the season ranking him 1st and 2nd respective in the AL. Jeter and Cano are the only ones that have had good success against Haren batting 353 (6 for 17) and 375 (6 for 16) against Haren in their careers. Pettitte, on the other hand, has been hammered by the A's allowing a 326 BA in their respective careers. Shannon Stewart leads the way with a 431 BA (25 for 58). HAREN is 3-0 when starting against NY YANKEES with an ERA of 3.11 and a WHIP of 1.274. OAKLAND is 20-5 (+15.2 Units) against the money line well rested bullpen threw <= 2 innings in each of the last 3 games over the last 3 seasons. NY YANKEES are 6-13 (-11.9 Units) against the money line after scoring 2 runs or less this season. Take the A's.

Game: Los Angeles Angels at Baltimore Orioles Jul 1 2007 1:35PM
Prediction: Baltimore Orioles
Reason: Ai Simulator 3* graded play on Baltimore - Supporting this graded play is a system that has gone 44-19 and has made 33.4 units since 2001. Play against all favorites with a money line of -110 or higher that are excellent fielding teams averaging <=0.5 errors/game on the season and is now facing an opponent with a hot starting pitcher sporting a WHIP <= 1.100 over his last 10 games. Anaheim starter Lackey just might be getting tired as evidenced by his last 2 starts. In those starts he allowed 9 ER and 15 hits in just 12.7 innings of work. Baltimore starter Guthrie has been quite good and has allowed a 2.29 ERA and 1.042 WHIP in his last 3 starts. He held the NYY to just 2 ER in his last start. GUTHRIE is 0-0 when starting against LA ANGELS with an ERA of 1.13 and a WHIP of 0.375. Guthrie faced Anaheim on June 3rd and went 8 innings allowed 1 ER and just 3 hits. Look for the same today. LA ANGELS are 14-18 (-12.9 Units) against the money line vs. AL teams scoring 4.7 or less runs/game on the season this season. BALTIMORE is 22-8 (+14.0 Units) against the money line in home games vs. teams whose hitters draw 3 walks or less/game over the last 2 seasons. Take the Orioles
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
Dave M@linsky - (Bonus Play)
<HR style="COLOR: #a8a8a8" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->PICK: Texas Rangers Offered at: 162 Sportsbook
REASON FOR PICK: 4* TEXAS over BOSTON

We have stepped in a couple of times with the Rangers in recent weeks, the last being the failure to cash at a big underdog price at Detroit on Thursday, but the bottom line remains the same in a recurring theme – they may well be the most under-rated team in the Major’s right now, with an offense that is nearing its proper level after a slow start, and a bullpen that has gone from being one of the weakest in the game in recent seasons to one of the best right now. Now we get another chance to play at a bargain price, and it does not take long to create the proper perspective. Let’s take a look at how two teams performed in the month of June that just ended -

Team A:13-14, 4.1 runs per game

Team B: 14-12, 5.9 runs per game

The fact that we are doing the tease probably tips you to the answer already – the Rangers are the team that have played better baseball over the last month, with the offensive comparison not even close. And having held their own against the Tigers and Red Sox on the road this week, we have no problem stepping in this afternoon.

We get a great deal of value from Kameron Loe, largely because the betting markets are viewing a much different pitcher than we are. His 4-6/6.02 is not going to excite anyone, but what we see is a ground-ball pitcher that has finally worked enough innings to find his rhythm, and get the ball down in the strike zone where he wants it. His recent 3-0/2.08 run has been sparkling, but there are peripherals that mean even more to us than the base numbers – in those three wins it has been an outstanding ratio of 42 ground ball outs vs. only 10 in the air, and his strikeouts (12) have also exceeded that fly ball count. It has not been a case of weak competition, either – his last two starts came against hot Cub and Tiger offenses, and of the 127 pitchers that have worked at least 60 innings so far this season, his difficulty of opposing batters is #4. Behind him there are no major fatigue issues in the bullpen, with the sharp late-game tandem of Akinori Otsuka (2.56, 10 holds) and Eric Gagne (1.17, nine saves) needing only a combined 24 pitches to get through the 8th and 9th innings last night.

The Rangers have already seen Julian Tavarez twice this season, and have had no problems making good contact – he lasted only a combined 9.2 innings in those games, allowing eight runs on 12 hits and a walk. Tavarez was also KO’d early in his last outing at Seattle, with 87 pitches only getting him through 4.1 innings, and hardly merits this price tag, especially as a guy that pitches to contact deals with the absence of Coco Crisp defensively, and possibly Julio Lugo as well (his disastrous 0-31 offensive slump, and base-running blunder in the 8th last night, makes it hard for Terry Francona to put him on the field) .

Larry Ness - (Bonus Play) <HR style="COLOR: #a8a8a8" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Today's Pick: Nationals/Pirates OVER

Washington ranks last in the majors with 298 runs, while Pittsburgh is fifth-worst with 330. However, the Pirates have outscored the Nationals 10-4 in this series and took control Saturday with a six-run second inning. Of course we get a reasonably low total with these two anemic offenses but I see this as a good spot to go 'over.' I don't think the Nationals will have a tough time getting their offense going against Paul Maholm (4-10, 4.80 ERA), even though he is coming off one of his best outings of the season. Maholm allowed two runs in 7.2 innings in Tuesday's 3-2 win in Florida to help the Pirates shake a five-game losing streak. However, his ERA is 4.80 in 15 starts this season, very similar to the 4.81 ERA he posted last year in 30 starts. Washington will counter with Mike Bacsik (1-5, 5.08), who lost his fifth straight decision on Tuesday, allowing five runs (all on three homers) in six innings of a 6-2 defeat in Atlanta. He has not won since May 24 in Cincinnati, and the Nationals have lost in each of his last six starts. Take this game to go over.

Ness Sunday Slam <HR style="COLOR: #a8a8a8" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Guaranteed Pick: Larry Ness

Game: Atlanta Braves at Florida Marlins Jul 1 2007 1:05PM
Prediction: Florida Marlins
Reason: The Braves lost last Sunday night at home to the Tigers 5-0. That left them with a five-game losing streak in which they were outscored 27-1. The Braves then went to Washington and swept the Nationals in a three-game series and this weekend in Florida, have won the first two games of this series with the Marlins. Congrats to the Braves but ENOUGH already! Let's note that the Braves' only previous three-game sweep in Florida came May 2-4, 1995. Dontrelle Willis starts for the Marlins and the Marlins have won each of the last five times he's started against Atlanta (2-0 this year). Willis went 0-4 with a 4.82 ERA in five June starts and has not won since a 9-4 win on May 29 against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field. However, his June ERA was more than half a run lower than his mark in April, when he went 5-1 in six starts. The Marlins are 10-7 in Willis' starts this year, as his 6.73 runs of support ranks second in the NL in '07. Meanwhile, the Braves will counter with rookie Buddy Carlyle. Carlyle doesn't have much of a resume. He made 11 appearances (seven starts) for the Padres in '99 and '00 and then 10 relief appearances for the Dodgers in '05, before joining the Braves this year. In those 21 appearances, his ERA was 7.41. This year, he's made seven appearances (six starts), going six innings or less three times while allowing four ERs or more three times. His ERA is 5.14. Considering how well the Marlins hit with Willis on the mound plus his recent success against the Braves, I see this game being all Florida. Sunday Slam on the Fla Marlins

Moose 1st half GOY <HR style="COLOR: #a8a8a8" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Guaranteed Pick: Jimmy The Moose

Game: Tampa Bay Devil Rays at Cleveland Indians Jul 1 2007 1:05PM
Prediction: Cleveland Indians
Reason: TB is 17-55 in their last 72 road games. The D'Rays have lost 9 of their last 11 games. Tampa is 3-12 in Shields last 15 road starts. His last 5 road starts vs. a team with a winning record all ended with a Tampa loss. The Indians are 21-6 in their last 27 home games vs. teams with losing records. Cleveland is a money making 36-16 in their last 52 home games vs. right handed starters. The Indians have won Lee's last 3 starts. In Lee's last 8 home starts against a team with a losing record the Indians are 7-1. The Indians are a money making 24-10 in Lee's last 34 starts vs. a team with a losing record. Tampa is 18-39 in the last 57 meetings between the clubs and the D'Rays have lost their last 7 visits to Cleveland. The Indians beat up on poor teams at home and you can expect the same today. Play on the Indians

Freese 10 Total <HR style="COLOR: #a8a8a8" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Guaranteed Pick: Tom Freese

Game: Los Angeles Angels at Baltimore Orioles Jul 1 2007 1:35PM
Prediction: under
Reason: We like a low scoring game here as Baltimore starter Jeremy Guthrie has been sensational this year allowing 3 or less runs in all 11 of his starts. Guthrie has allowed 10 runs total in his last 6 starts. The Orioles are 7-3-1 Under behind Guthrie this year. The Angels John Lackey has allowed 6 runs total in his last 3 road starts. Lackey has dominated the Orioles of late allowing 5 runs total in his last 3 starts against them in 22 innings of work. 10* MLB 'Total' of the Week Play On 'Under' (Guthrie vs. Lackey)

Tokens
Bookie Cookie

Today's Picks

Plays are rated from 1* to 10* with 10* being the strongest.

3* Florida -125 (Willis v Carlyle)

3* NY Mets +105 (Pelfrey v Kendrick)

3* San Francisco -120 (Linecum v Owings)

5* San Diego +105 (Germano v Billingsley)

5* Cleveland -135 (Lee v Shields)

Tokens
Bookie Cookie

Today's Picks

Plays are rated from 1* to 10* with 10* being the strongest.

3* Florida -125 (Willis v Carlyle)

3* NY Mets +105 (Pelfrey v Kendrick)

3* San Francisco -120 (Linecum v Owings)

5* San Diego +105 (Germano v Billingsley)

5* Cleveland -135 (Lee v Shields)

thanks

Tokens
Any paid plays from Big Al? He's Been on Fire it seems!

Big Al McMordie

Milwaukee Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs (MLB)
Jul 1, 2007 2:20 PM EDT

Play: Money Line:Chicago Cubs

The Cubbies' 7-game win streak was snapped by Ben Sheets and the Brewers yesterday, but look for Chicago to start a new streak today against its Central Division rival. Milwaukee is under water away from Miller Park (17-20) and righty Dave Bush has struggled on the road with a 6.27 ERA and a 1.60 WHIP this year, and his team is 12-31 in his last 43 road starts. Jason Marquis has a 3.49 ERA and a 1.16 WHIP at Wrigley this year.

Take Chicago. Good luck, as always...Al McMordie

Tokens
Anybody have Players of America? Someone posted 2 of their plays yesterday, won money. Today they have a 5* play and three 3* unit plays. Should be a good day for them. ANYBODY?

Be VERY careful with these!

Players of America

5* LA Angels
3* NY Yankees
3* DET Tigers
1* DET Tigers -1.5
1* TOR Blue Jays<!-- / message -->

Tokens
Tony Onio

500♦TORONTO

200♦ARIZONA

Paid Plays... guys my month expires on tuesday and someday this week ill be moving so i might be gone for a week or so. Bol to all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbplayer
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com