Service Plays Aug 3-Friday

Search

"Mann up!"
Tokens
Ethan Law has a nice dog.

Ethan Law | MLB Money Line
<DT>919 KAN (+235) vs 920 NYY <DT> <DT>Analysis: </DT>KC: LHP Odalis Perez (6-9, 5.73 ERA) vs. NYY: RHP Chien-Ming Wang (12-5, 3.61 ERA) <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Series Preview:
The Yankees made short work of the lowly Royals when they squared off at Kaufman Stadium last week (3-1, +$145), but believe it or not, I think redemption is possible this weekend. The tragic events of yesterdays postponement allowed the Royals to have an open date before opening tonight. The immediate effect of the postponement was a significant shuffle in the Kansas City pitching rotation as manager Buddy Bell moved Thursdays scheduled starter Odalis Perez into Friday's slot against the Yankees in New York (I will tell you why thats important in a minute). The day off should really help the Royals regroup which also allows their bodies to hydrate and rest. I live about 15 minutes from Yankee stadium and I got to tell youits absolutely miserable out here with humid hot days and nights. The Yankees had to play a very long game on Thursdaya game that saw several Yankees tire of heat exhaustion most notable Jorge Posada. So we have the fresher team. As promised Im going to address why the pitching change is significant. With Odalis Perez pitching Friday, that means that newly acquired left-hander Kyle Davies will pitch Saturday afternoon, allowing the Royals to send two left-handers to start the series. So what you ask? Well with the Royals opened this game with a +$235 price on them (as the Yankees are bound to be wildly overpriced throughout this series), and they are clearly in a situation where New York has struggled (i.e. against left-handed pitching) where their offense comes into tonight averaging a full 1.1 runs lower against southpaws. Indeed, the Yankees have lost a boat load against left-handed pitching this season, 12-17 -$1,335, while the visiting Royals have posted a fat profit as a visitor this season (+$1340). <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Friday Night: As you could probably tell from reading the above, I am going to play on the Royals tonight. They are sending left-hander Odalis Perez (Yankees 12-17 -$1,335 against left-handers this season). Although Perezs ERA numbers are a bit frightening, especially against this Yankee line-up, it should be noted that he has been slightly better on the road (5.27 ERA) than at home (6.14). He pitched respectably against the Yankees in the last series, giving up four runs in six innings. Perez has also won money in away/night games this season +$385 and he has averaged a significant 2 less base runners per nine innings pitched in tonights situation. Meanwhile, his counterpart, Chien-Ming Wang comes into this contest with a rather high 5.84 ERA in four career starts against <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kansas City</st1:place></st1:City>. He considered by many to be one of the best pitchers in the league but Kansas City hitters have done well against the Wangster as both Emil Brown and Joey Gathright each have gone 4-for-9 (.444) against him. <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Kansas City</st1:place></st1:City> is also in their most profitable situation role against a right-handed pitcher (night/away setting) where they have filled their backers pockets to the tune of +$775! I will not be surprised to see a very lackluster performance from a very tired Yankees team that played a 4 hours game and needed 7.1 innings from their already over worked bullpen, and a very strong performance from a well rested Royals club. The price on this game is ridiculous so we have no other choice but to back the underdog tonight.

Verdict: <st1:City w:st="on">Kansas City</st1:City> 6, <st1:State w:st="on">New York</st1:State> 3
PLAY 1* UNIT ON <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">KANSAS CITY</st1:place></st1:City> +$235

Ben Burns | MLB Money Line
924 TAM (-130) vs 923 BAL
<DL><DD>Analysis: The Rays have struggled against the Orioles this season but I expect them to start this series off with a victory. Shields has cooled off since his superb start. However, he is still 4-2 with a solid 3.93 ERA at home, holding opposing hitters to a .244 batting average. Carbrera, on the other hand, is just 2-6 on the road. He's also 7-11 with a 5.08 ERA for the season including a 4-9 mark with an awful 5.32 ERA in 18 starts underneath the lights. The Orioles have lost back to back road games while the Rays have won three of their last four at home. Consider a play on TAMPA BAY
</DD></DL>

Tokens
Big Al

Full Service Clients

3* Under Braves
3* Brewers

EZ Winners

3 STAR PARLAY: (918) TORONTO (-$205) & (920) NY YANKEES (-$265)
(Listing Halliday/Millwood and Wang/Perez)
(Risking $300 to win $315)

Kevin Millwood has bad numbers against the Blue Jays and Odallis Perez has bad numbers against the Yankees. Both the Jays and Yanks have their aces on the mound. The Royals are 3-24 in their last 27 games in New York. The Blue Jays are 23-5 in Roy Halladay's last 28 home starts against a team with a losing record. This one is not rocket science, lets hope it doesn't blow up!

2 STAR: (902) CHICAGO (-$142) over NY Mets
(Listing Zambrano and Hernandez)
(Risking $284 to win $200)

I have to ride the hot team and the hot pitcher here. The Cubs have made their run to challenge the Brewers for the division and Carlos Zambrano has been a big reason why. Zambrano is 3-0 with an ERA of only 0.96 in his last three starts. The Mets are also only 3-9 in their last twelve games in Chicago. I like the Cubs here!

2 STAR: (906) FLORIDA (+$100) over Houston
(Listing Willis only)
(Risking $200 to win $200)

The Astros got the win for us last night, despite giving up double figure runs for the fourth straight game. The played a 14 inning 5 hour marathon last night before heading down to Florida for tonight's contest. I think there is plenty of value with Florida at even money, even against Roy Oswalt. In his last start against the Padres, San Diego let him off the hook in the first inning and then he settled down and pitched a great game. Even if he pitches well, I don't see the Astros offense doing much against Willis in this game. I like the Fish here!

2 STAR: (914) SAN DIEGO (-$126) over San Francisco
(Listing Maddux and Cain)
(Risking $252 to win $200)

The Padres' Greg Maddux has had great success against the Giants this season (2-0 0.69 ERA) and in his career (28-14 2.87 ERA). The Giants starter Matt Cain has been terrible this season. Cain is 3-12 with a 4.02 ERA and in his last three starts he is 0=2 with a 7.63 ERA. San Francisco is only 6-20 in their last 26 games as an underdog of +150 or less and only 3-7 in the last ten meetings with San Diego. Padres get it done!

Michael Cannon

20 Dime

PADRES
(With Maddux as listed pitcher)

Take the Padres tonight for the home win over the Giants.
We’re getting San Diego at a great price tonight, considering Greg Maddux is scheduled to start and they’re playing at home.
Maddux may only be 7-8 on the year, but he’s had great success in his two starts against the Giants this year. The right-hander has won both of those outings while allowing just one earned run in 13 innings for a 0.69 ERA.
The Giants will send Matt Cain to the hill and it’s ridiculous the lack of run support he’s received this year. He’s just 3-12 on the year despite a 4.02 ERA. Cain has faced the Padres three times this year and he’s 0-2 with a 2.61 ERA.
Take the Padres as they grab the home win.

5 Dime

ASTROS
(With Oswalt as listed pitcher)

Take the Astros for the road win over the Marlins tonight.
Roy Oswalt will get the start for Houston and he’s dominated the Marlins in his career. The right-hander is 4-2 with a miniscule 1.92 ERA in eight games, including a win in his only start against them this year.
The Marlins will counter with Dontrelle Willis and the left-hander has struggled this season. The D-Train is just 7-10 with a 4.95 ERA in 23 starts and is 0-2 with a 5.94 ERA over his last three games.
Florida continues to play inconsistent baseball this year and I don’t see them getting through against Oswalt tonight.
Take the Astros for the road win.

ORIOLES
(With Cabrera as listed pitcher)

Take the Orioles as a small road dog for the win over the Devil Rays.
Baltimore has won seven-straight games against Tampa Bay and are 38-15 against them since July 15, 2004.
Daniel Cabrera will start for the O’s and he’s 5-0 with a 3.11 ERA and a .206 opponents’ batting average in nine career starts against the Devil Rays.
Tampa will counter with James Shields and the right-hander has fallen on some tough times since starting the season 6-0. He’s just 2-6 with a 7.09 ERA over his last nine starts.
Take the Orioles as they grab the road win.

Tokens
HONDO

August 3, 2007 -- That's it; Guthrie is out of the stable. Hondo came up empty again with the Oriole portsider yesterday, flop ping in Fenway to increase the debt to 505 weavers.

Tonight, Hondo has lost an accountant but gained an advisor, a Harvard-educated one at that. Post intern Jonathan Lehman, who as a history major might seem better versed in matters past than future, nevertheless is predicting a Padre victory tonight. Ten units.

MIGHTY QUINN

Mighty missed with the Cardinals yesterday.

Today it's the Orioles. The surplus is 735 sirignanos.

Ace-Ace / Allan Eastman -8.96u ytd bases (1u/play)

Toronto -1' -100
Atlanta u 8' -110

RX Local
Tokens
Sp Connection Game Of The Year...CFL

Well Boys Its Official The Last 18 Days On Cfl Have Been Horrible For Sp And I Mean Shit But This Week I'm Laying My Entire Bankroll On The Line With One Game -

Sp Connection Game Of The Year

Hamilton +6 - They Will Probably Get The Money Straight Up!!!

If This Was Not So Big I Would Have Edmonton As My Play Of The Week - I Like Them Alot --

And I Think That Montreal Will Lay The Boots To Toronto

But Boys Hamilton Is My Game Of The Year And Underdog Of The Year - I Have Them Winning Their First Game Of The Year

RX Local
Tokens
Scott Spreitzer's CFL Eastern Conf. GOW! *5-0, 100% Last 3 Weeks!

I'm taking the points with the Tiger-Cats on Friday night. Last night we predicted the B.C. Lions would take their first loss of the season, tonight we feel Hamilton will win their first game. Winnipeg beat Hamilton, 36-18 last weekend. But the Ticats actually owned an 18-17 lead with just 10-minutes to go in the fourth quarter. One of the interesting points of the contest was Winnipeg throwing deep for a TD with just over a minute left in the game while holding an 11-point lead. That particular play fired up the Tiger-Cat coaching staff and players alike. Besides, this team already knows they can play with the Blue Bombers, toe-to-toe! Ticat QB Jason Maas had little trouble dissecting the Winnipeg secondary, throwing for 300 yards. It was the third straight week that Hamilton took an opponent to the wire. Tonight, they'll be rewarded with a win. Hamilton is our Eastern Conference Game of the Week.

"Mann up!"
Tokens
Marc Lawrence | MLB Money Line
<DT>930 SEA (+100) vs 929 BOS <DD> </DD>Analysis: Play On: Seattle w/Ramirez over Boston
Note: Mariners host the Red Sox where they have defeated Boston in 13 of the last 18 games in this series. Especially interesting is Horacio Ramirez's home road dichotomy this season, where his home ERA (2.63) shines against his road ERA (13.73). WIth Seattle a perfect 6-0 at home behind Ramirez this season, look for the M's to continue their winning ways in this sereis here tonight.

RX Local
Tokens
Sebastian

20* Seattle
20* Cinn/Pitt Under
10* Detroit
10* Colorado
10* Baltimore
7* Phillies

RX Local
Tokens
Scott Spreitzer's MLB 20* Tailor-Made Beatdown!
I'm playing the Mariners on Friday night. The Bosox make the long cross-country journey to the Emerald City to begin a nine-game road trip. That's not great news for Boston. After all, they've lost eight straight in Seattle to the Mariners. Tonight, they face perfection. Horacio Ramirez is 6-0 in six home starts this season where he owns a 2.63 ERA & 1.30 WHIP. The southpaw is in another nice situation because the front-running Sox are actually below .500 in road night games against lefties. Meanwhile, I expect Ramirez to get plenty of support. The Mariners are 9-1 and average 5.7 RPG in home night games against southpaws. Lefty Jon Lester makes his third start. He, like his team, doesn't seem to care for SAFECO. Lester was bombed for five earned runs in just five innings in his only start in Seattle last season. Look for more of the same tonight. The number gives us solid value and we'll back the Mariners as our Tailor-Made Beatdown GOW.

Low

Tokens
Frank Rosenthal

FRIDAY, AUGUST 03, 2007

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL
902 CUBS-145 SB
906 FISH+105 SB
UNDER 9 SB+
913 GIANTS+115 SB
915 DBACKS OVER 8 SB+
917 RANGERS UNDER 8.5 SB
921 CWS+130 SB
925 TRIBE UNDER 7.5 SB+
927 ANGELS OVER 9 SB
929 BOSOX-110 SB
GOOD LUCK!

Tokens
Brandon Lang

FRIDAY

15 DIME

Mariners - Specify Pitchers - Lester vs Ramirez

5 DIME

Orioles - Specify Pitchers - Cabrera vs Shields

Padres - Specify Pitchers - Cain vs Maddux

free pick - Pirates - (For analysis see daily video)

Tokens
Ben Burns

UNDER pirates/reds

Game: Cincinnati Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates Game Time: 8/3/2007 7:05:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on the Pirates and Reds to finish UNDER the total. Both starters have excelled against today's opponent and I expect a well-pitched affair this evening. Belisle has gone 2-0 with a 1.20 ERA against the Pirates this season (2-0 with a 0.86 ERA in three career starts!) while Snell has gone 1-1 with a 1.93 ERA in two games vs. the Reds. Both those games finished well below the total, each finishing with only four combined runs. Snell has been strong at home all season going 6-3 with a 2.84 ERA in 10 starts at PNC Park. The last five of those starts have all produced nine combined runs or less with the UNDER going 3-1-1. The UNDER is also 9-6-2 the last 17 times that the Reds traveled to Pittsburgh. Look for those numbers to improve this evening as both starters get back on track with quality efforts and the final combined score stays below the total.
UNDER braves/rockies

Game: Colorado Rockies vs. Atlanta Braves Game Time: 8/3/2007 7:35:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on the Braves and Rockies to finish UNDER the total. The Braves produced a ton of hits (22) and runs (11) yesterday. However, this is an entirely new day and I expect them to have trouble scoring this evening. Francis has been solid all season (11-5, 4.12 ERA). He limited the Dodgers to two runs through 7 1/3 innings last time out to win his sixth straight decision. He has pitched better away from Coors Field, going 6-2 with a 3.66 ERA for the season. Not surprisingly, the UNDER is 5-2-2 his last nine road starts. The Rockies should also have some trouble scoring runs. Smoltz has been terrific all season (10-5, 2.84 ERA) and he's been downright dominant lately, going 1-0 with a 1.71 ERA his last three starts. The UNDER is 2-0 his last two starts and 12-7-1 his last 20. A closer look shows that its been the games here in Atlanta which have primarily been the low-scoring ones, as we find the UNDER at 8-2 in Smoltz's last 10 home starts. Look for more of the same this evening as this well-pitched affair stays beneath the number and the UNDER improves to 4-0 the last four times that Smoltz faced the Rockies.
TIGERS

Game: Chicago White Sox vs. Detroit Tigers Game Time: 8/3/2007 7:05:00 PM Prediction: Detroit Tigers Reason: I'm laying the price with DETROIT. It was a tough road trip for the Tigers and they went just 3-8. They're back home now though, where they have won six of their last eight and where they are 5-1 their last six against left-handed starters. I've got a lot of respect for Buehrle. However, he'll be facing a Tiger lineup which pounds southpaws (13-7 L20) and he has lost his last three starts against Detroit while posting an ugly 7.36 ERA. Unlike their hosts, the White Sox don't like facing a left-hander. Indeed, they're 0-4 their last four games against southpaw starters, 2-8 their last 10 and 5-14 their last 19. Miller is 3-1 in four home starts this season, most recently defeating Boston by a score of 9-2. Look for him to deliver a quality effort as the Tigers return to their winning ways and resume their dominance against left-handed starters.
UNDER marlins/astros

Game: Houston Astros vs. Florida Marlins Game Time: 8/3/2007 7:05:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on the Astros and Marlins to finish UNDER the number. After yesterday's marathon game, I expect the Astros bats to struggle against a pitcher which has always given them trouble. Willis, who got back on track with a big game (1 run in 7 innings) vs. SF in his last start, is 3-1 with a 2.36 ERA in six career starts vs. Houston, averaging seven complete innings per. Coincidentally, three of those six games came vs. Roy Oswalt. The UNDER was 3-0 in those three games with final scores of 2-1, 1-0 and 5-1. Including those results, Oswalt has seen five of his last six (4-0 L4) starts vs. the Marlins fall below the total and he has a stellar 1.92 ERA against them for his career. The UNDER is 10-6 the last 16 games in this series (5-2 L7 in Florida) overall and I'm expecting another low-scoring affair this evening.
BREWERS

Game: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Milwaukee Brewers Game Time: 8/3/2007 8:05:00 PM Prediction: Milwaukee Brewers Reason: I'm laying the price with MILWAUKEE. Despite a rare loss yesterday, the Brewers remain an outstanding 37-19 at home for the season. Philadelphia, on the other hand, remains a mediocre 500 on the road. I expect the Brewers to have a significant advantage on the mound this evening. Kendrick has been a pleasant surprise for the Phillies. However, while he's been solid at Philadelphia, he's been poor on the road. Indeed, in three road starts he has an awful 5.71 ERA, allowing opposing hitters a high .297 batting average. On the other hand, Gallardo who has much nastier "stuff," is 2-0 with a 1.50 ERA at home allowing opposing hitters a mere .167 batting average. While he allowed four earned runs at St. Louis in his last start, a closer look shows that Gallardo actually didn't allow a hit until the fifth inning. Additionally, that was the first time (in six starts) that he had allowed more than three earned runs all season. The Brewers won Gallardo's most recent home start by a score of 10-1. Look for him to outpitch Kendrick this evening as the Brewers "get back on track" and improve to 6-0 the last six times they were a host in this series. *Personal Favorites
<table style="table-layout: fixed;" border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" class="smalltext" width="100%">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Tokens
Trev Rogers

77-55-1 last 67 days
116-76-3 last 195 selections

Phi/Mil under 9

Boston -108

Florida +101

Tokens
Alex Smart

Pay Premium Pick

MLB - 7:35 ET
Colorado Rockies at Atalnta Braves

ATLANTA BRAVES
Atlantas offense has exploded of late scoring 11 plus runs in 4 straight games. The Rockies even with their ace Steve Francis on the hill are really going to have their hands full in this spot against a red hot Braves team.With the Braves sending veteran all star John Smoltz to the hill they look like a great bet in this spot. Key Trend: The Braves are 14-0 L/14 when Smoltz takes to the mound against a winning team with a .510 to .540 win percentage like Colorado. Play on the Braves

Tokens
Jim Barnes
YTD = 42- 30

MLB
Colorado +140
Chicaho Wsox +120
Pittsburgh under 9
Houston Over 8.5
Milwaukee Over 9
San Diego Under 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go789click
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com