Service plays 8/9/07

Search

Tokens
Michael Cannon Money Train

20 Dime

COWBOYS
Take the Cowboys minus the points tonight over the Colts.
There’s going to be a discrepancy in the playing time between the Cowboys first-team unit and the Colts.
Indianapolis obviously won’t need to play their starters for more than 10-15 plays tonight. They are set at all positions on offense and coming off their Super Bowl season I think you’ll see a team that won’t really start getting into gear until probably the 3rd preseason game.
The Cowboys on the other hand are breaking in a new head coach in Wade Phillips and will play their starters for at least the first quarter. There is going to be a different philosophy on defense, where Phillips and new defensive coordinator Brian Stewart will install a more attacking, disruptive scheme than the one used by Bill Parcells.
The Cowboys need to play their starters more right off the bat in order to learn the new coach’s schemes.
I liken this game to the Hall of Fame Game on Sunday between the Steelers and the Saints. You saw a new coach, Mike Tomlin, who wanted his Steelers to start off on the right foot and I believe you’re going to see the same thing tonight with Dallas.
The Colts might be the victims of the dreaded Super Bowl hangover, so I see a definite edge with the Cowboys tonight.
Indianapolis carries a 2-6 ATS record in its past eight preseason games into tonight.
Take Dallas minus the points as they grab the win and cover.

5 Dime

BENGALS

Take Cincinnati plus the points over Detroit.
For all the pressure the Lions’ front office has to win this season, I don’t think you’ll see it reflected on the field tonight.
Detroit will only play their starters about 10-12 snaps and they don’t have much depth to carry over from there.
Cincinnati probably won’t play their starters much more, but they definitely enter this preseason with something to prove after a disappointing 8-8 finish last year.
The Bengals have better depth than the Lions and head coach Marvin Lewis will definitely want to impress in this first game after all of the off the field negatives his team drew in the offseason.
Cincinnati has won and covered five in a row in the preseason and I see them extending that streak tonight.
Take the points with the Bengals as they stay within the number and most likely win the game outright.

Larry Ness

Las Vegas Insider-NFLX (12-5 LY with NFLX sides / 3-1 with LV Insiders!)-Thursday
My Las Vegas Insider is on the Det Lions at 7:30 ET. Kitna predicted 10 wins for the Lions in '07, a pretty heady claim considering the Lions' last winning season was in 2000 (9-7) and its last 10-win season came way back in '95 (10-6). The Lions have averaged a mere four wins per season since '00, going a combined 24-72! A for the Bengals, they followed their 11-5 season of '05 with a disappointing 8-8 mark in 2006. The Bengals stood at 8-5 after Week 14 but then lost at Indy 34-16, at Denver 24-23 (botched snap on extra-point try with 41 seconds left) when a win would have clinched a playoff berth and then lost at home to the hated Steelers 23-17 in OT in Week 17. If you can believe it, things only got worse in the off-season, as of-the-field troubles continue to plague this franchise. There are changes on the OL with LG Eric Steinbach gone (huge loss), as well as center Rich Braham from 2006. LT Levi Jones is rehabbing from off-season knee surgery and 12-year RT Willie Anderson has not been practicing. QB rotations are HUGE in the preseason and Detroit gets the big edge in this matchup. Kitna won't see much time but OC Martz is raving about NFL Europa star J.T. O'Sullivan. The last time he made such a fuss out of a nobody was Marc Bulger, so pay attention. Dan Orlovsky is still the favorite to be the No. 2 QB but there's competition and that's a good sign. Remember, the WRs are Roy Williams, Furrey (98 catches LY) and first-round pick Calvin Johnson. Also with RB Kevin Jones hurt, Tatum Bell, T. J. Duckett and Brian Calhoun will all look to prove something. The Lions won their Week 1 game last year over the Broncos and then lost their final three preseason games. HC Ron Marinelli knows he has a team that can compete in the weak NFC North and with his next two preseason games on the road at Cleveland and Indy, he'll want to get the Lions off to a winning start, here. As for the Bengals, they followed their 11-5 season in '05 by going 4-0 in LY's preseason. That approach didn't work, as the team fell apart down the stretch. So who knows what's going on there?

Las Vegas Insider
Detroit Lions

BEN BURNS

Thursday Night "ROAST"

LIONS

Game: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Detroit Lions Game Time: 8/9/2007 7:30:00 PM Prediction: Detroit Lions Reason: I'm playing on DETROIT. Both these teams could use a positive preseason campaign. The Bengals have had another "troubled" offseason and could use some "good PR" for the team. However, the Bengals are just 1-3 SU/ATS in their preseason opener the past four seasons (0-2 SU/ATS on the road) and I don't expect them to be particularly hungry for their road opener against a non-conference opponent. The Lions, on the other hand, would love to give the home fans something to get excited about, after seemingly endless years of losing. I jotted down the following quote from Coach Marinelli after the Lions beat the Broncos in last year's preseason opener: "I love to win. If we're playing marbles, I'm going to get you." Marinelli hasn't had the opportunity for much winning with Detroit and I expect him to seize the opportunity to pick up a victory vs. the Lions' somewhat disinterested guests.

Mike Rose

Indianapolis Colts @ Dallas Cowboys
Under 34.5

Thu Aug 9 '07 8:00p

The reigning champs get to play under the lights Thursday night in the first FOX televised NFL game of the season. This certainly would be a primetime match-up if it were the regular season, but I think I’d rather sit back and watch some ESPN coverage of the ’07 World Series of Poker. That being said, this one’s going to be a snoozer. The Colts first team offense will get their 10-15 plays at most, and then the back-ups will mop-up for the duration of the game. The final score has always been the least of HC Tony Dungy’s concerns when it comes to pre-season football, and I expect that notion to hold true here once again. The last thing he needs is to see his roster get decimated by any more injuries than he’s already having to deal with. Big “D” will have a much different look this season with the “Big Tuna” out and Wade Phillips in. Dallas performed very well under HC Parcells in the pre-season, but that doesn’t mean the team will play the same way under the new guys regime. In fact, word is that Dallas plans on doing a bunch of blitzing in this contest and throughout the pre-season. The Cowboys were a read-and-react defensive scheme under former HC Bill Parcells, but Phillips and new DC Brian Stewart bring in more of an attacking, disruptive philosophy. They also want defensive players to take third-down conversions personally, so expect the Cowboys to be mentally prepared on defense regardless of what string’s in and what quarter it’s in. If you’re heading into this one expecting to see fireworks, you’re going to be disappointed. There won’t be any long bombs to T.O. from Romo, or slant routes turned into 70 yard TDs by Harrison. Hit the ‘Under’ now before you lose any more value.

Tokens
Big Al McMordie

NL East Total of the Month
Under Florida Marlins/Philadelphia Phillies

Were it not for Brewers third baseman Ryan Braun, Phillies rookie righthanded starter Kyle Kendrick might have had a shot at the NL Rookie of the Year award, if he is to keep pitching the way he has been. He didn't get his first start until mid June, but he has done very little wrong and now the 22 year old finds himself in the middle of a pennant race with a pretty decent team around him. The bad news for the Phillies is that the reason Kendrick got this opportunity has been due to several key injuries which may in the end be their downfall. Not only are several pitchers sidelined, but so are two of their biggest offensive sparkplugs, OF Shane Victorino (calf) and 2b Chase Utley (hand). So far the Phils are dominating this series against the Marlins, a team which is really struggling. Once they get Victorino and Utley back look for the offensive punch to come back but for now, they will probably have to play smart and hope their pitching can hold up. Phily is 7-3 in the ten games which Kendrick has started, the last four of which have all gone nine total runs or less. Kendrick is undefeated at home (4-0), so the Phils have to like their chances, but run support will continue to be an issue. Take the 'under'.

BIG AL

THURSDAY NIGHT NFL PRESEASON CRUSHER

Off a BIG WINNER on the Steelers, Al McMordie has another great situational play for you on Thursday's NFL Preseason card. It falls into one of Big Al's BEST PRESEASON SYSTEMS, and this game has all the makings of a B-L-O-W-O-U-T! Get down on the RIGHT SIDE of this game right now, and make a huge score on Thursday!

Detroit Lions

Tokens
Ben Burns

Getaway Game of the Week

TIGERS

Game: Tampa Bay Devil Rays vs. Detroit Tigers Game Time: 8/9/2007 1:05:00 PM Prediction: Detroit Tigers Reason: I'm laying the price with DETROIT. Despite yesterday's victory, the Devil Rays remain a poor 15-32 when playing on grass this season. They're also an ugly 30-49 against right-handed starters, managing only 4.6 runs per game. Conversely, the Tigers are an excellent 22-11 (+10.4) when facing a left-handed starter, hitting an extremely healthy .308 while averaging a whopping 6.1 runs per game. Bonderman has admittedly struggled lately. However, he is still 5-2 with a solid 3.71 ERA (1.250 WHIP) at home for the season. That's a significant step up from Kazmir's 4.65 ERA and 1.565 WHIP on the road. Bonderman has also had much more success against today's opponent. Indeed, Bonderman is 4-1 with a miniscule 1.88 ERA and 0.837 WHIP in six starts vs. Tampa Bay, most recently winning by a score of 14-2. On the other hand, Kazmir is 1-3 (team is 1-4) in five starts vs. the Tigers, recording a poor 5.47 ERA and 1.540 WHIP. I like Kazmir and won with him in his last start. However, he's in tough this afternoon. Look for the Tigers to continue their "southpaw dominance" as they bounce back and close out the series with a victory.

Getaway Day Game of the Week
Detroit Tigers

Personal Favorite

ORIOLES

Game: Seattle Mariners vs. Baltimore Orioles Game Time: 8/9/2007 7:05:00 PM Prediction: Baltimore Orioles Reason: I'm laying the short price with BALTIMORE. The Orioles should be extremely hungry this evening as they'll be looking to avoid the series sweep. They also should have the pitching matchup squarely in their favor. Cabrera has been excellent lately. In his last start he allowed only four hits and one run through seven complete innings. That 3-1 win brought him to 2-1 with a stellar 2.25 ERA and 1.110 WHIP his last three starts. On the other hand, Ramirez lasted only four innings in his last start, allowing a whopping 10 hits. He's gives him a horrid 9.20 ERA and 2.249 WHIP his last three starts. Amazingly, those stats are actually better than Ramirez's stats on the road. In five road starts, Ramirez is 0-3 (team is 0-5) with an atrocious 13.72 ERA and 2.704 WHIP! Ramirez will face a Baltimore team that has hit a healthy .285 vs. left-handers and which is a perfect 4-0 the last four times it faced a southpaw here at home, two of those victories coming against the Yankees. Additionally, we find Cabrera at a perfect 5-0 against the Mariners for his career, allowing only four hits (6 Ks, 1 walk) through seven innings of a 5-2 win the last time that he faced them here in Baltimore. Look for him to outpitch Ramirez as the motivated home team avoids the sweep.

Personal Favorite
Baltimore Orioles

BLUE CHIP Total

UNDER Pirates/ DiamondBacks

Game: Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Game Time: 8/9/2007 9:40:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on the Pirates and Diamondbacks to finish UNDER the total. Snell has had some problems lately. However, he still has a solid 3.91 ERA and 1.297 WHIP for the season and he's seen the UNDER go 12-8-2 in his 22 starts, including a 7-4 mark on the road. Its also worth noting that Snell has pitched very well in two starts vs. the Diamondbacks, recording a 2.84 ERA and 1.184 WHIP. Snell will face an Arizona lineup which has hit only .242 vs. right-handed starters, averaging less than four (3.9) runs per game. Snell will be opposed by red hot Doug Davis. Davis won his last game by a score of 1-0, tossing eight shutout innings while allowing only three hits. That gives him a 2.49 ERA and 0.877 WHIP his last three starts, all of which stayed below the total. For the season, Davis now has seen the UNDER go a profitable 16-7 in his 23 starts. He'll face a weak Pittsburgh offense which averages only four runs per game on the road with a .242 average. The Pirates have seen the UNDER go 9-5-2 their last 16 games vs. left-handed starters and 19-11-5 for the season. I expect those numbers to improve this evening as the final combined score falls below the generous number.

Blue Chip Total

UNDER Pitt/Ariz

<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->​

<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->

Tokens
EZ Winners

3 STAR: (901) ATLANTA (-$113) over NY Mets
(Listing Hudson and Maine)
(Risking $339 to win $300)

2 STAR: (903) LA DODGERS (-$115) over CINCINNATI
(Listing Tomko and Dumatrait)
(Risking $230 to win $200)

2 STAR: (914) ARIZONA (-$129) over Pittsburgh
(Listing Davis and Snell)
(Risking $258 to win $200)

1 STAR: (905) WASHINGTON (+$113) over San Francisco
(Listing Hanrahan and Misch)
(Risking $100 to win $113)

1 STAR: (910) ST. LOUIS (+$138) over San Diego
(Action)
(Risking $100 to win $138)

1 STAR: (918) KANSAS CITY (+$126) over Minnesota
(Listing Garza and Davies)
(Risking $100 to win $126)

Tokens
Wunderdog

Game: Cincinnati at Detroit (Thursday 8/09 7:30 PM Eastern)

2 units Cincinnati +3

The Bengals are off a very dissapointing 2006 campaign. After winning 11 games and getting to the playoffs in 2005, they were snake-bit with Carson Palmer going down in the opening round vs. the Steelers. They had a shot at going deep into the playoffs and it all came to a crashing and sudden halt. Last season they took a big step backwards winning just 8 games and missing the playoffs. Carson Palmer wasn't nearly as good as he was in 2005. It shook their confidence a bit. 2005 was their first playoff appearance in 15 years and here they are potentially slipping back into mediocrity? As a result of this "fear," we think this team wants to get off on the right foot this year. Marvin Lewis has shown a desire to win in the preseason as this team went 4-0 last season and the Bengals are 67% overall in the preseason since his arrival. During camp he said, "With a fast start, there is not as much pressure." Last year in the preseason Cincinnati scored an unheard of 32.7 points per game. Meanwhile, Rod Marinelli went 1-3 last season (his first) with the Lions scoring 13 points per game. Read Marinelli's quotes and you get a clue as to what he uses the preseason for (working on issues, not winning): "The thing I want to accomplish as we get into camp is that it’s not just the 'what'. I’m also very interested in 'how'; the 'how' you do things. Your stance, your steps, your keys, your eyes, your vision; how to run a route, how to take a ball, all those things. The 'what' is key, but the 'how' is more important to me." Folks, he is saying that right now, the results (winning or losing) are less important than working on the fundamentals. Think about the mindsets of these two teams and ask yourself who is more motivated to start out 2007 on a winning note: Detroit who notched a big gratifying win over Dallas in their final game last season, with a coach who has shown he isn't about winning in the preason. Or the Bengals who lost to Pittsburgh in their finale to keep them out of the playoffs after starting the season with high hopes - a team with a coach who has won five straight preseason games. We like the underdog here.

Tokens
Big Al McMordie [ MLB ]
BIG AL's MLB DIVISION TOTAL OF THE MONTH; 16-6 RUN

Date: Thursday, August 09, 2007
$35.00 Guaranteed: Al McMordie CASHED his AL West Game of the Month last night on the Oakland A's over Texas, and that moved Big Al's STREAK to a Sweet 16-6 his last 22. Now, Al's UNLOADING on a Super Totals Play. IT'S BIG AL's DIVISION TOTAL OF THE MONTH. Go get it.
Guaranteed Pick $35.00

PHILLIES UNDER

Tokens
Larry Ness

Daytime Delight-Early start (14 of 18 winning weeks TY!)

My Daytime Delight is on the Atl Braves at 12:10 ET.

The Braves won their opener against the Mets at Shea 7-3 but lost last night 4-3. It was a tough loss, as they blew a 3-1 lead and then failed to score after loading the bases with no outs in the ninth! The good news is they have their hottest pitcher on the mound this afternoon, in Tim Hudson. In Hudson's eight starts (since June 25), he's 6-0 with a 2.01 ERA (team is 8-0), allowing a total of just three ERs in his six wins. What's more, the Braves are 10-2 in games Hudson has started following a loss. He is 6-2 with a 3.29 ERA in nine career starts against the Mets and threw eight scoreless innings in his only outing against them this season, a 7-3 win at Shea on April 20. John Maine (12-6, 3.27) of the Mets will be making his first career start against the Braves. While Maine's been consistent on both the road (3.28 ERA in 11 starts) and here at Shea (3.26 ERA in 11 starts), the Mets are 8-3 in his road starts but just 6-5 in his starts at Shea Stadium. Looking a little deeper into some situational stats, show that the Mets have lost money at home this year (minus-$500), while the Braves are 20-13 (plus-$725) vs right-handed starters on the road, averaging an impressive 6.0 RPG!

Daytime Delight
Atlanta Braves

Tokens
Corporate Sports

Detroit Lions

PicksMaker

5* Detroit Lions

FAO Sports

Take the Colts Aug. 9, 2007 at 8:00 PM EST.

The Colts are 5-1 ATS in their first preseason.
The Colts are a 4 to 4.5 point underdog, and should hold Dallas wiht in that number.
In first games of the preseason, the Colts have out scored their opponents by 19 PTS total in the 6 games since 2001.

Jimmy The Moose

Game: Cincinnati Bengals at Detroit Lions
Aug 9 2007 7:30PM

Prediction: Detroit Lions

Reason: The Bengals are a very solid team but being that this is the first pre-season game don't expect to see too much of Palmer, TJ and the Johnsons. Cincy will go through the motions, get a little feel and then the starters will rest. The Detroit Lions are a team used to losing but expect them to put up a fight in the pre-season and change that attitude. Kitna has already come out and said that this team can win 10 games and maybe he's included the pre-season schedule in that prediction. The Lions will have a good offense and expect their second and third units to compete hard. With Jones hurting look for Bell and Duckett to really show that they can play. A lot of jobs up for grabs on D and look for a big game from the unit. At home in a game that doesn't mean anything to a Super Bowl contender means I'll take the mighty Detroit Lions

HarryPicks

Detroit Lions -2 over Cincinnati Bengals

Dallas Cowboys -4 over Indianapolis Colts

Tokens
Benjamin Lee Eckstein

Mr Chalk is 3-0 this week.

Today Ben lee likes the Diamondbacks -$140

Mighty Quinn

2-1 on the week.

Today Mighty Q likes the Braves Pk

HONDO

Today, he expects Old Man Hudson to keep it rolling against the Metamucils out at the lame-duck dump -

10 units on Los Bravos.

Tokens
BRANDON LANG

THURSDAY
15 DIME
Phillies -1 1/2 runs - Specify Pitchers - Mitre vs Kendrick

10 DIME
Nationals - Specify Pitchers - Hanrahan vs Misch

5 DIME
D'Rays - Specify Pitchers - Kazmir vs Bonderman
Twins - Specify Pitchers - Garza vs Davies
Orioles - Specify Pitchers - Ramirez vs Cabrera
W/Sox - Specify Pitchers - Laffey vs Buehrle

5 DIME
Detroit Lions

Tokens
Paul Leiner

5* NFL Cowboys -4.5

<table style="table-layout: fixed;" border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" class="smalltext" width="100%">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Tokens
service plays

has anyone herd from sebastion today. hit 200 star play yesterday?

Tokens
I am with you BLACKSAM2 were is Sebastians plays for today.
His plays have been money.
gl.

Tokens
Michael Cannon Money Train
Thursday's Plays:

5 Dimes -

BRAVES (With Hudson as listed pitcher)
I had the Braves last night and they let me down, but I’m coming right back with them today over the Mets.
Tim Hudson will start for Atlanta and he’s back to his early season, dominating form. The right-hander is 6-0 with two no-decisions in his last eight starts. Hudson has also been the Braves stopper this year. He has made 12 starts following an Atlanta loss this year and the Braves are 10-2 in those games. He has not allowed a run in his last 14 innings.
He has also had success against the Mets in his career, going 6-2 with a 3.29 ERA in nine games.
The Mets will start John Maine and he’s coming off a poor outing against the Cubs. The right-hander was pounded for six earned runs and four hits in 2 2-3 innings of a 6-2 road loss to the Cubs.
Take the Braves as they grab the road win today.

ORIOLES (With Ramirez and Cabrera as listed pitchers)
Take the Orioles for the home win over the Mariners.
Baltimore will start Daniel Cabrera and he’s settled into a nice groove recently. The right-hander is 2-1 with a 2.25 ERA in his last three games. He’s also a perfect 5-0 in his career against Seattle with a 3.61 ERA in seven games.
The Mariners will counter with Horacio Ramirez and he’s been struggling lately. The left-hander is 1-1 with a 9.20 ERA over his last three starts. Despite a 6-3 record on the year, he still carries a high 6.68 ERA.
I like the Orioles to get to Ramirez tonight while Cabrera keeps his string of strong starts going.
Take Baltimore for the home win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byen17188
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com