service plays 24/08/07

Search

Banned
Tokens
Ben Burns

Friday BLOWOUT

COLORADO ROCKIES

Game: Washington Nationals vs. Colorado Rockies Game Time: 8/24/2007 9:05:00 PM Prediction: Colorado Rockies Reason: I'm laying the price with COLORADO. Hill has pitched well in his 10 starts. However, the light-hitting Nationals are still just 4-6 in those games. On the other hand, the Rockies are 17-9 when Francis takes the mound, including 9-4 at home. Despite disappointing losses vs. Pittsburgh the past two days, the Rockies remain an excellent 36-26 at home for the year. They're also a perfect 4-0 the last four times they hosted the Nationals. They absolutely cannot afford to keep losing to the league's weaker teams and I look for a highly motivated effort. Francis, the team ace, was quoted as saying: "I think every game's a must-win for us. We didn't do a good job this (past) series. We've got to put it behind us and get ready to play."" Look for Francis, 6-0 his last nine starts at Coors Field, and the Rockies to get back on track with a much needed victory.

Ben Burns

Personal Favorite

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS

Game: Oakland Athletics vs. Tampa Bay Devil Rays Game Time: 8/24/2007 7:10:00 PM Prediction: Tampa Bay Devil Rays Reason: I'm playing on TAMPA BAY. The A's took yesterday's opener in convincing fashion but I expect the Devil Rays to return the favor this evening. Both starters come off excellent starts. However, Shields' outing was arguably more impressive as it came vs. Cleveland while DiNardo's came vs. Kansas City. Despite that strong start, Dinardo, who has a 7.20 ERA vs. Tampa Bay, still has a mediocre 4.24 ERA and a poor 1.588 WHIP his last three starts. During that stretch, he has eight walks and just seven strikeouts. On the other hand, Shields now has a terrific 1.89 ERA and 0.895 WHIP his last three starts. During that stretch he has an impressive 20 K's and just one walk. Shields has faced the A's once this season and he held them to a mere four hits and one run through eight complete innings, recording 9 K's to just one walk. Its true that the Devil Rays don't have much of a bullpen. However, their relievers are significantly better at home and Shields averages seven complete innings per start here. The A's average only 4.2 runs per game vs. right-handers while hitting a poor .247. The Rays average 4.7 runs vs. southpaws while hitting .266. Behind another quality effort from Shields, look for the Rays to bounce back from yesterday's embarrassing defeat, improving to 9-6 the last 15 times they were a host in this series. *Personal Favorite
<!-- / message --><!-- controls -->

Ben Burns "Blue Chip" TOTAL Blitz
(12-3 L15)

UNDER Oakland Raiders/St.Louis Rams

Game: St. Louis Rams vs. Oakland Raiders Game Time: 8/24/2007 10:00:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on the Rams and Raiders to finish UNDER the total. Both these teams gave up a lot of points last week and saw their games finish above the number. Those results have helped us in a couple of ways. For starters, they have helped to keep tonight's over/under line reasonably high. Additionally, they should help ensure that both coaches place a greater emphasis on defense for tonight's game. Note that the Rams allowed 27 points vs. Houston in Week 2 of last year's preseason. They bounced back with a better defensive effort in Week 3, holding the Chiefs to 16 points, while scoring only 12 themselves. Meanwhile, the Raiders allowed only three points in their Week 3 game (vs. last season. Both these teams will be featuring a heavy dose of the run this season and I expect both teams to run the ball regularly this evening. As you know, this typically helps to chew up the clock. Despite playing a high-scoring game against Arizona here in Week 1, the Raiders have still seen the UNDER go 4-1 their last five preseason home games. They've also seen the UNDER go 13-7 their last 20 preseason games against teams from the NFC West. Look for more of the same this evening as this defensive affair stays below the number and the UNDER improves to 12-5-1 the last 18 times that the Rams played a preseason game on a Friday

Ben Burns

Friday Night FEAST
(8-2 L10 Feasts!)

Carolina Panthers

Game: New England Patriots vs. Carolina Panthers Game Time: 8/24/2007 8:00:00 PM Prediction: Carolina Panthers Reason: I'm playing on the CAROLINA PANTHERS. I successfully played against the Panthers when they traveled to Philadelphia last week. I had several reasons for making that selection with one of them being that I thought they may get caught "looking ahead" to tonight's big home game vs. the Patriots. As you'll remember, these teams faced each other in the Super Bowl not long ago. The Patriots have plenty of bigger "rivals" than Carolina but there is no team that the Panthers would prefer to beat than the Patriots. New England has received plenty of hype this offseason. While the Patriots are certainly a top tier team, much of the extra hype was due to the signing of Moss and Stallworth. However, Brady hasn't even thrown a pass to either one of them yet. Brady has struggled in the first two games and his status (birth of child) for tonight is currently up in the air. I am assuming that he will play but regardless of whether or not that proves to be the case, I really like the Panthers, who are getting back a star of their own. Dan Morgan, who hasn't played in nearly a year, will be back on the field tonight and his return should provide even more emotion to an already motivated Panther team. Fox always likes to win and it's safe to say that he'll want this game more than a "regular" preseason contest, particularly after last week. The Panthers are no slouches. Don't forget that only a year ago, at this time, they were a popular pick to win the Super Bowl. They're arguably

BURNS on fire yesterday 3-0-1 , two day ago 3-0, Good luck today guys

Tokens
Ben Burns

Friday BLOWOUT

COLORADO ROCKIES

Game: Washington Nationals vs. Colorado Rockies Game Time: 8/24/2007 9:05:00 PM Prediction: Colorado Rockies Reason: I'm laying the price with COLORADO. Hill has pitched well in his 10 starts. However, the light-hitting Nationals are still just 4-6 in those games. On the other hand, the Rockies are 17-9 when Francis takes the mound, including 9-4 at home. Despite disappointing losses vs. Pittsburgh the past two days, the Rockies remain an excellent 36-26 at home for the year. They're also a perfect 4-0 the last four times they hosted the Nationals. They absolutely cannot afford to keep losing to the league's weaker teams and I look for a highly motivated effort. Francis, the team ace, was quoted as saying: "I think every game's a must-win for us. We didn't do a good job this (past) series. We've got to put it behind us and get ready to play."" Look for Francis, 6-0 his last nine starts at Coors Field, and the Rockies to get back on track with a much needed victory.

Ben Burns

Personal Favorite

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS

Game: Oakland Athletics vs. Tampa Bay Devil Rays Game Time: 8/24/2007 7:10:00 PM Prediction: Tampa Bay Devil Rays Reason: I'm playing on TAMPA BAY. The A's took yesterday's opener in convincing fashion but I expect the Devil Rays to return the favor this evening. Both starters come off excellent starts. However, Shields' outing was arguably more impressive as it came vs. Cleveland while DiNardo's came vs. Kansas City. Despite that strong start, Dinardo, who has a 7.20 ERA vs. Tampa Bay, still has a mediocre 4.24 ERA and a poor 1.588 WHIP his last three starts. During that stretch, he has eight walks and just seven strikeouts. On the other hand, Shields now has a terrific 1.89 ERA and 0.895 WHIP his last three starts. During that stretch he has an impressive 20 K's and just one walk. Shields has faced the A's once this season and he held them to a mere four hits and one run through eight complete innings, recording 9 K's to just one walk. Its true that the Devil Rays don't have much of a bullpen. However, their relievers are significantly better at home and Shields averages seven complete innings per start here. The A's average only 4.2 runs per game vs. right-handers while hitting a poor .247. The Rays average 4.7 runs vs. southpaws while hitting .266. Behind another quality effort from Shields, look for the Rays to bounce back from yesterday's embarrassing defeat, improving to 9-6 the last 15 times they were a host in this series. *Personal Favorite

Ben Burns "Blue Chip" TOTAL Blitz
(12-3 L15)

UNDER Oakland Raiders/St.Louis Rams

Game: St. Louis Rams vs. Oakland Raiders Game Time: 8/24/2007 10:00:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on the Rams and Raiders to finish UNDER the total. Both these teams gave up a lot of points last week and saw their games finish above the number. Those results have helped us in a couple of ways. For starters, they have helped to keep tonight's over/under line reasonably high. Additionally, they should help ensure that both coaches place a greater emphasis on defense for tonight's game. Note that the Rams allowed 27 points vs. Houston in Week 2 of last year's preseason. They bounced back with a better defensive effort in Week 3, holding the Chiefs to 16 points, while scoring only 12 themselves. Meanwhile, the Raiders allowed only three points in their Week 3 game (vs. last season. Both these teams will be featuring a heavy dose of the run this season and I expect both teams to run the ball regularly this evening. As you know, this typically helps to chew up the clock. Despite playing a high-scoring game against Arizona here in Week 1, the Raiders have still seen the UNDER go 4-1 their last five preseason home games. They've also seen the UNDER go 13-7 their last 20 preseason games against teams from the NFC West. Look for more of the same this evening as this defensive affair stays below the number and the UNDER improves to 12-5-1 the last 18 times that the Rams played a preseason game on a Friday

Ben Burns

Friday Night FEAST
(8-2 L10 Feasts!)

Carolina Panthers

Game: New England Patriots vs. Carolina Panthers Game Time: 8/24/2007 8:00:00 PM Prediction: Carolina Panthers Reason: I'm playing on the CAROLINA PANTHERS. I successfully played against the Panthers when they traveled to Philadelphia last week. I had several reasons for making that selection with one of them being that I thought they may get caught "looking ahead" to tonight's big home game vs. the Patriots. As you'll remember, these teams faced each other in the Super Bowl not long ago. The Patriots have plenty of bigger "rivals" than Carolina but there is no team that the Panthers would prefer to beat than the Patriots. New England has received plenty of hype this offseason. While the Patriots are certainly a top tier team, much of the extra hype was due to the signing of Moss and Stallworth. However, Brady hasn't even thrown a pass to either one of them yet. Brady has struggled in the first two games and his status (birth of child) for tonight is currently up in the air. I am assuming that he will play but regardless of whether or not that proves to be the case, I really like the Panthers, who are getting back a star of their own. Dan Morgan, who hasn't played in nearly a year, will be back on the field tonight and his return should provide even more emotion to an already motivated Panther team. Fox always likes to win and it's safe to say that he'll want this game more than a "regular" preseason contest, particularly after last week. The Panthers are no slouches. Don't forget that only a year ago, at this time, they were a popular pick to win the Super Bowl. They're arguably

Dziynkuja :toast: :toast:

Tokens
Michael Cannon

20 Dime

PIRATES (With Snell and Albers as listed pitchers)

Take the Pirates as a near pick tonight for the road win over the Astros.
I have cashed in with the Bucs the last two nights, and with the way their offense is rolling right now I can’t pass them up at this price with this pitching matchup.
Ian Snell will start for Pittsburgh and after a disastrous start to the 2nd half of the season, he has settled down and I like him to deliver a quality start against the Astros.
Snell is 1-0 over his last three starts with a 4.05 ERA. He went seven strong innings in his last start, striking out 10 in Sunday’s 8-4 win over the Phillies.
But that’s not the main reason I like the Pirates here. It’s their offense, which leads the majors in runs scored and homeruns in the month of August. They are averaging seven runs per game this month and they have an excellent chance of continuing that output tonight against Houston starter Matt Albers.
Albers is 3-6 with a 6.14 ERA on the year and hasn’t shown any signs of turning it around, going 1-2 with a 7.02 ERA over his last three games.
Take the Pirates as a near pick for the road win tonight.

5 Dime

PADRES (With Maddux and Moyer as listed pitchers)

Take the Padres for the road win over the Phillies.
Greg Maddux will start for San Diego and he’s showing his Hall of Fame form as the Padres make a push for the playoffs.
The right-hander is 2-1 with a 1.53 ERA over his last three starts. He should be able to tame the Phillies lineup, which has struggled since losing Chase Utley.
Jamie Moyer will start for the Phillies and he’s managed to win two of his last three despite posting a 6.06 ERA over that span.
That’s not going to get it done against Maddux tonight, however.
Take the Padres for the road win.

BLUE JAYS (With Halladay and Weaver as listed pitchers)

Take the Blue Jays for the road win tonight over the Angels.
Roy Halladay will get the start and he’s been riding a hot streak recently. The right-hander is 2-0 with a 2.52 ERA over his last three starts. He has pitched at least six innings in his last seven starts.
The Angels will counter with Jered Weaver and I can’t see him outpitching Halladay tonight, even at home.
The right-hander is 1-1 with a 5.09 ERA over his last three starts. He has allowed six runs in three of his last five outings, which doesn’t bode well for his chances tonight.
Take the Blue Jays as they grab the road win.

ST. LOUIS RAMS

Take the Rams for the road win over the Raiders.
St. Louis has the makings of a playoff team this year and I expect them to dispatch of the Raiders easily here as their starters figure to play into the 3rd quarter.
That will give the Rams a decided edge tonight, as the Raiders still don’t know who their starting quarterback will be.
Daunte Culpepper will start, but he hasn’t been with the team long enough to make an impact against the Rams defense.
The Rams are 3-1 ATS in their last four against the Raiders.
Take the Rams for the road win.
<table style="table-layout: fixed;" border="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" class="smalltext" width="100%">
</td></tr><tr><td class="smalltext" id="modified_122245" valign="bottom">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Low

Tokens
Today Ness' has nice picks (including *LEGEND GAME*) anyone have it ?

Larry Ness' LEGEND Play (1st one in MLB 2007!)
My LEGEND play is on the Cin Reds at 7:10 ET. Before getting to the starting pitchers, let's discuss the two teams. The Marlins broke an eight-game losing streak last night (had averaged just 3.8 RPG) with an 11-3 win at St. Louis. Meanwhile, the Reds have gone 12-6 over their last 18 games. They've hit the ball well during that run, averaging 6.3 runs per game. Cincinnati has gone 7-3 during its last three series, all against teams in playoff contention, and is in position to win four in a row for the fourth time this year. Now let's get to the pitchers. Dontrelle Willis went 13 starts (0-9) between wins, from May 29 through August 14 and followed that latest win with a no-decision in his last outing (6 IP / 7 hits / 3 ERs). Willis hasn't pitched well all year, allowing 193 hits in 159.1 innings with a 4.97 ERA. As for Cincy's Aaron Harang, he's 12-3 with a 3.67 ERA in 26 starts, with the Reds going 20-6! At plus-$1,533 vs the moneyline, no pitcher in all of MLB has done better. Don't be concerned that he's struggled in his last two outings (11 ERs in 13.2 innings), as his strikeout-to-walk ratio was 15-1 and the Reds did win BOTH games. In fact, they've won 12 of his last 13 starts, with Harang allowing three ERs or less 10 times, while posting an 86-22 K/W ratio! Consider this AMAZING stat! With Harang on the mound, the Reds are 20-6 (.769) and plus-$1,533. With anyone else getting the start, the Reds are 37-64 (.366) and minus-$2,520! LEGEND Play on the Cin Reds.

Good Luck...Larry

Tokens
FREE NFL PLAY FRIDAY (16-6 last 22)

St Louis @ Oakland 10:00 PM EST
Play On: 1* Oakland +2

St Louis is 1-6 ATS last 3 years in non conference games. St Louis is scoring only 13 points per game both overall and on the road this year. Oakland is scoring 27 points per game at home this year. Oakland is 6-1 SU vs St Louis overall since 1993 including 3-0 SU at home against St Louis since 1993. We'll recommend a small play on Oakland tonight! Thanks and good luck, Rocky

Rocketman Sports

Tokens
ASHN Free Pick (12-9 in August, 39-31, 55.7% this year)
ATLANTA over St Louis (Smoltz over Wells): Atlanta has certainly been struggling of late, while St Louis has been streaking. However, the Braves enjoy a huge pitching advantage in this game, but we get them at a very nice price based on their recent losses. Smoltz comes into this game with a 3.05 ERA through 24 starts, and has 142 strikeouts to just 37 walks. Kip Wells, meanwhile, has a 5.64 ERA in his 22 starts, and has 58 walks to his 89 strikeouts. Wells' teams are 2-4 in his six starts against Atlanta, while Smoltz is 5-2 in his 7 starts versus the Cardinals. Look for Atlanta to steal game 1 here tonight on the arm of Smoltz!

Tokens
Big Al's MLB Division Game of the Week

Al McMordie has a big baseball winner on Friday evening that's going to be an absolute rout! It's Big Al's MLB Division Game of the Week.

Pittsburgh Pirates
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
Stan Sharp

Double Dime (Insiders Big Bet Of Week)

Arizona Diamondbacks
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
Straley Group has Braves, can anyone get Wise Owl Syndicate today?
Straley group is on a 11-4 run but I cannot get both groups.

Larry Ness' LEGEND Play (1st one in MLB 2007!)
My LEGEND play is on the Cin Reds at 7:10 ET. Before getting to the starting pitchers, let's discuss the two teams. The Marlins broke an eight-game losing streak last night (had averaged just 3.8 RPG) with an 11-3 win at St. Louis. Meanwhile, the Reds have gone 12-6 over their last 18 games. They've hit the ball well during that run, averaging 6.3 runs per game. Cincinnati has gone 7-3 during its last three series, all against teams in playoff contention, and is in position to win four in a row for the fourth time this year. Now let's get to the pitchers. Dontrelle Willis went 13 starts (0-9) between wins, from May 29 through August 14 and followed that latest win with a no-decision in his last outing (6 IP / 7 hits / 3 ERs). Willis hasn't pitched well all year, allowing 193 hits in 159.1 innings with a 4.97 ERA. As for Cincy's Aaron Harang, he's 12-3 with a 3.67 ERA in 26 starts, with the Reds going 20-6! At plus-$1,533 vs the moneyline, no pitcher in all of MLB has done better. Don't be concerned that he's struggled in his last two outings (11 ERs in 13.2 innings), as his strikeout-to-walk ratio was 15-1 and the Reds did win BOTH games. In fact, they've won 12 of his last 13 starts, with Harang allowing three ERs or less 10 times, while posting an 86-22 K/W ratio! Consider this AMAZING stat! With Harang on the mound, the Reds are 20-6 (.769) and plus-$1,533. With anyone else getting the start, the Reds are 37-64 (.366) and minus-$2,520! LEGEND Play on the Cin Reds.

Good Luck...Larry

Tokens
ROCKETMAN SPORTS - Rockie Attkinson

Rocketman has a 5* MLB UNDERDOG play for Friday! 61-34 64% run in MLB last 93 days and 70-39 64% last 108 days in MLB! Rocketman is now 8-2 80% with 5* MLB plays this year. Rocketman cashed easily last night with the Oakland A's winning 12-2.

Rocketman Sports plays are rated 1-5 units!

MLB

Pittsburgh @ Houston 8:05 PM EST
Play On: 5* Pittsburgh +105 (Snell/Albers) Listed

Pittsburgh comes in winners of 6 of their last 8 games overall. Ian Snell is 1-0 his last 3 starts and has averaged pitching 6.7 innings in those games. Snell has 24 strikeouts compared to only 6 walks his last 3 starts. Matt Albers is 3-6 with a 6.14 ERA in all games this year, 2-6 with a 5.98 ERA in all starts, 0-2 with a 6.97 ERA at home this season and 1-2 with a 7.02 ERA his last 3 starts. Pittsburgh is 7-2 overall vs Houston this year including 3-0 at Houston. We'll play Pittsburgh for 5 units tonight! Thanks and good luck, Rocky

Banned
Tokens
Ben Burns' Friday TOP TIER Totals Ticket

UNDER jays/angels

Game: Toronto Blue Jays vs. Los Angeles Angels Game Time: 8/24/2007 10:05:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on the Jays and Angels to finish UNDER the total. These pitchers faced each other here last September. Both pitched well and the final score (4-3) stayed below the total, which was 7.5. Weaver hasn't faced the Jays since but Halladay pitched against the Angels again 10 days ago, allowing only five hits one run through 9 complete innings. Naturally, the final score (4-1) fell beneath the number once again. Including that dominating effort, the Jays' ace has a 2.52 ERA and 0.880 WHIP his last three starts. Weaver got roughed up in his last start. However, that was at Boston and he's been his usual strong self at home lately, allowing two runs in each of his last two starts here (both Unders) while averaging nearly seven innings. For the season, he has seen the UNDER go 12-8-1 in his 21 starts. Yesterday's game snuck below the total which brought the UNDER to a profitable 16-4 the last 20 games in this series, including a perfect 7-0 the last seven. It also brought the UNDER to 49-27-2 the last three seasons when the Jays have played in the month of August. Expect that 64.5% to get even stronger this evening as another well-pitched affair falls UNDER the total.

Lenny Del Genio's 25* MLB Underdog of the Year anyone ?? thanks

Tokens
Ben Burns

Yes, but in the two days before that he went 0-6, iirc. And he also lost the whole week before that. Don't know the exact record but I remember him admitting it himself, predicting a big comeback, which prediction was followed by those 0-6 days.

I'm just posting this so that no-one places too much trust into Burns, I'm not sure how good he really is.

RX Local
Tokens
Big Al - Private Players Club

Baseball

Blue Chip - Phillies
Linemover - Dodgers
10 Dime - Yankees
Offshore Steam - Angels

Football

Championship - Patriots

RX Local
Tokens
Lenny Del Genio's 25* MLB Underdog of the Year (1st 25* of the 2nd-half!)
Play on the Orioles at 7:05 ET. The Orioles got 'toasted' in Wednesday's doubleheader against the Rangers, losing 30-3 and 9-7. The Twins beat the Orioles 5-2 in Thursday's opener, sending Baltimore to its third straight loss. Baltimore gave up three unearned runs in a four-run eighth inning. Tonight, the Orioles face Johan Santana. Are they "dead in the water?" Not so fast. Santana is coming off a brilliant 17-strikeout game in his last start but note that the Twins won that game, just 1-0. It's been a tough year for Santana. Minnesota went 27-7 in his starts last year and at plus-$1,669, he was MLB's biggest moneymaker among starters. However, the Twins are "only" 15-11 in his starts this year, losing $506. The Twins are minus-$1,555 in night games this year and the Orioles are 9-5 versus lefties in night games at home. Jeremy Guthrie (7-4, 3.44) has done a nice job for the Orioles this year, posting a 3.10 ERA in 21 starts, while allowing just 122 hits in 136.1 innings (starts only!). Baltimore is my 25* Underdog of the Year.

RX Local
Tokens
Big Al's MLB Division Game of the Week.
Al McMordie has a big baseball winner on Friday evening that's going to be an absolute rout! It's Big Al's MLB Division Game of the Week. Don't miss out. Hop on board right now.
Price: $15.00

Pirates

RX Local
Tokens
EZ Winners

1 STAR: (957) PITTSBURGH (-$103) over Houston
(Listing Snell and Albers)
(Risking $103 to win $100)

1 STAR: (953) BALTIMORE (+$167) over Minnesota
(Listing Guthrie only)
(Risking $100 to win $167)

1 STAR: (964) ARIZONA (-$105) over Chicago
(Listing Owings and Marshall)
(Risking $105 to win $100)

1 STAR: (979) TORONTO (+$101) over LA Angels
(Listing Halladay only)
(Risking $100 to win $101)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byen17188
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com