service plays 25/08/07

Search

Banned
Tokens
Ben Burns

MLB Personal Favorite

Philadelphia Phillies

Game: San Diego Padres vs. Philadelphia Phillies Game Time: 8/25/2007 7:05:00 PM Prediction: Philadelphia Phillies Reason: I'm laying the price with PHILADELPHIA. The Padres grabbed yesterday's opener but the Phillies should have the advantage this evening. Lohse is 5-3 with a stellar 2.87 ERA in 10 "home" starts with his team going 7-3. Meanwhile, Hensley is 1-2 with an awful 9.76 ERA and 2.309 WHIP in three road starts. In eight starts overall, he has an awful 7.58 ERA and 2.000 WHIP. Despite yesterday's result, the Phillies remain an outstanding 14-6 their last 20 meetings with the Padres. They average a full run more per game than do the Padres while hitting nearly 30 points better. Yes, some of that is certainly caused by the difference in ballparks. However, I feel that the Phillies have a better hitting lineup, regardless of venue. The Phillies are 18-8 when playing at home with an over/under line of either 10 or 10.5. Look for them to get some immediate payback for yesterday's embarrassment. *Personal Favorite

Ben Burns

MLB TV Total of the Month

UNDER dodgers/mets

Game: Los Angeles Dodgers vs. New York Mets Game Time: 8/25/2007 3:55:00 PM Prediction: under Reason: I'm playing on the Mets and Dodgers to finish UNDER the total. Stults has been strong in two starts for the Dodgers. He faced these same Mets in his first start and allowed two runs and five hits through 5 1/3 innings. Note that the game finished UNDER the total. He followed that up by allowing only two hits and two runs through seven innings vs. Colorado. That gives him a stellar 2.92 ERA and a miniscule 0.649 WHIP with an impressive 14 Ks and just one walk. Its also worth mentioning that Stults dominated the Mets when he faced them here last season, allowing only two hits and one run through six complete innings. That makes him 1-0 with a 2.38 ERA and 0.794 WHIP in his two starts vs. New York! Meanwhile, Hernandez has been excellent at home, going 3-1 (team is 6-2) with a outstanding 2.42 ERA and 0.981 WHIP. The UNDER was a perfect 8-0 in those games. Look for more of the same this afternoon as the UNDER improves to 13-7 when the Mets were listed as home favorites in the -150 to -175 range. *TV Total of the Month

Ben Burns

#1 Game of the Week BLOWOUT

HOUSTON

Game: Dallas Cowboys vs. Houston Texans Game Time: 8/25/2007 8:00:00 PM Prediction: Houston Texans Reason: I'm taking the points with HOUSTON. "Motivation" plays a critical role in which team covers the spread and Week 3 of the preseason is no exception. That being said, I feel that the Texans will be the more motivated team tonight. For starters, they're playing at home. As Cowboys' Coach Phillips remarked: "...I think there will be a big crowd. I think they'll be into it. That will help their team some, as far as motivation." Further motivation will be provided by the fact that the Cowboys are "America's Team" while the Texans are "second fiddle" in their very own state AND by the fact that the Cowboys routed the Texans 34-6 last season. At the time, that was Kubiak's worst loss as a head coach and it's safe to say that he hasn't forgotten. Yes, the Cowboys looked impressive in their 31-20 home victory over the Broncos last week. However, the Texans were at least as impressive in their 33-20 road win at Arizona, scoring points in every quarter. That blowout win brought them to 4-1-1 ATS in six preseason games under Kubiak. Houston's new starting quarterback Matt Schaub has always excelled in preseason and he was nearly flawless last week. Indeed, the former-Falcon completed 9-of-12 for 108 yards and ran 5 yards for a score. While Schaub will see his most playing time yet, it's worth mentioning that he is also supported by a solid rotation of backups. The Texans are a more talented team than most people give them credit for. They closed out last regular season with a pair of victories, including one over the Colts. They also won their final preseason home game last season. Look for another huge effort as they step up and score the upset. *Game of the Week

Ben Burns

NFLX Contrarian Game of the Month

ARIZONA

Game: San Diego Chargers vs. Arizona Cardinals Game Time: 8/25/2007 10:00:00 PM Prediction: Arizona Cardinals Reason: I'm taking the points with ARIZONA. The betting public will likely see the Chargers laying such a small number and be quick to jump all over them. After all, they were the best team last season and they just won convincingly last week. I feel that the Cardinals will be the more motivated team tonight though and I look for them to rise to the occasion with their best effort of the preseason. For starters, they're playing at home vs. one of the best teams in football. As they did in last season's near-upset over the previously undefeated Bears, the Cardinals will view this as a chance to show that they are capable of competing with the league's elite teams. Additionally, the Cardinals have a new coach, are coming off a poor year AND are 0-2 in the preseason. They badly need a victory to give the team and the fans some confidence heading into the season. Note that we're getting some additional value here due to last week's results. The Cardinals lost by double-digits to Houston while the Chargers blew out the Rams on National TV. In Turner’s last head coaching job (with the Raiders in 04 and 05) his team went 0-2 ATS in Week 3. Look for his team to stumble again as the highly motivated home underdogs score the upset and improve to 4-1 ATS their last five preseaon home games with a total ranging from 38.5 to 42. *Contrarian Game of the Month

Banned
Tokens
SCOTT SPREITZER SCOTT'S NFL PRESEASON GAME OF THE YEAR! (30-6, 83% FB RUN!)
(285) MIN Vikings vs (286) SEA Seahawks Game Starts at August 25 2007 18:00 EST Take (286) SEA Seahawks
I'm laying the points with the Seahawks as my Preseason GOY. There are two incredibly miffed coaches this week and one of those roams the sidelines for the Seahawks. Mike Holmgren was furious with his team's performance in last week's beatdown by the Packers. He took it out on his squad in practice, calling it the best week of practice the team has had this month. Now, he'll take it out on the anemic Vikings. Minnesota's offense, whether starters are on the field or not, will be one of the least imaginitive and most boring in the league because they don't have a true NFL starting QB. So far, the offense has scored just ONE TD in the preseason. Tavaris Jackson is about as inaccurate as an NFL QB can be, especially with deep routes and his backups aren't any better. Matt Hasselbeck didn't play last week, but he and the starters will play into the third quarter on Saturday. Seneca Wallace, who's better than any QB on the Viking roster will follow. Holmgren made no bones about wanting to look sharp and win this game. I believe his Seahawks will do so in a big way. Seattle is my Preseason GOY! Thanks! GL! Scott.

Banned
Tokens
Scott Spreitzer

Scott Spreitzer's NFL-X Underdog of the Month! *19-4, 83%!
The Redskins are my Dog of the Month. We went against the Ravens on Sunday night and we'll do so again on Saturday. Brian Billick has stated that his starters will NOT play past halftime this week. In fact, he said if the starters find a "good rythm", they could be on the sideline by as early as the end of the first quarter. Baltimore is ready for the regular season, folks. They have had the "best August" ever, according to Billick. Obviously, this game means very little to them. But the game has bigger implications to the Skins as they continue to try to develop a new, winning attitude. Jason Campbell may not play. But that suits us just fine in preseason action. That means Mark Brunell will likely start and play into the third quarter, along with the starters. System quarterback Todd Collins will follow and may play the entire remainder of the game with mostly second-stringers. Add it up and we have a wrong favorite in this one, as far as I'm concerned. I'll take the points with the Redskins, my Underdog GOM. Thanks! GL! Scott

Banned
Tokens
BIG AL'S 90.5% ATS PRESEASON AFC GAME OF THE YEAR -- Saturday
At 9 pm, on Saturday, our Preseason AFC Game of the Year is on the Denver Broncos minus the points over Cleveland, as we will fade the Browns who opened the season with a win (over KC) and a loss (to Detroit) in its two games, both at home. But 1-1 teams are terrible away from home in Game 3 following back to back home games in Weeks 1 and 2 of the Preseason. They've covered just 9.5% of the time since 1983 vs. a foe off an ATS loss. With Denver in off a 31-20 defeat at Dallas as a 4-point dog, we'll ride the Broncos on Saturday night. Take Denver. Good luck, as always...Al McMordie. And don't miss my other big NFL Winner on Saturday night or my Preseason Monday Night Game of the Year

=========================================

Larry Ness'

20* NFL Preseason GOY (5-1 or 83% ATS with NFLX 20*s last two years!)

My 20* play is on the Sea Seahawks at 9:00 ET. The Seahawks opened as 6 1/2-point favorites in this game, the highest pointspread of the preseason to-date. AND....with GOOD reason! The Seahawks looked sharp in their Week 1 opener, winning at San Diego 24-16, as backup QB Seneca Wallace went 17-of-25 for 191 yards. Last Saturday night in Green Bay, Mike Holmgren sat starting QB Matt Hasselbeck and his team was just DREADFUL. The Packers had a 28-point 2nd quarter (GB returned two fumbles for TDs) on their way to a 48-13 rout. Third-string QB David Greene, who replaced Wallace in the late 2nd quarter, threw three interceptions! Holmgren was furious after the loss. "I cannot tolerate how we played," Holmgren said. "It's just unacceptable, and so we'll fix it." His plan is to have his starting units play into the second half. Hasselbeck, who didn't play last week, will start at QB. Holmgren likes to use the third exhibition game of every year to see where the starters are as far as fine-tuning the No. 1 units. He gets the perfect opponent (patsy!) in the Vikings. Minnesota has done little offensively the first two weeks, as FOUR of the team's five preseason TDs have come on three interception and one fumble return! Brad Childress may have a superb offensive mind but in Tavaris Jackson and Brooks Bollinger, he DOESN'T have an NFL-ready QB. Jackson's downfield accuracy has been lacking as he learns the offense and most of his best throws have been dropped. As for Bollinger, I never thought much of him in college. I won't even comment on a "wanna be" like Drew Henson. The Vikings have mustered just 445 yards in two games, accounting for only 27 FDs, while converting 11-of-27 third downs. NFL Preseason GOY 20* Sea Seahawks.

Banned
Tokens
I've one question Ness & Big Al & Scott play ML or Ponit Spread in their GOY plays. (Sorry for newbie question) .

Tokens
BIG AL

90.5% ATS PRESEASON AFC GAME OF THE YEAR -- Saturday

Preseason AFC Game of the Year is on the Denver Broncos minus the points over Cleveland, as we will fade the Browns who opened the season with a win (over KC) and a loss (to Detroit) in its two games, both at home. But 1-1 teams are terrible away from home in Game 3 following back to back home games in Weeks 1 and 2 of the Preseason. They've covered just 9.5% of the time since 1983 vs. a foe off an ATS loss. With Denver in off a 31-20 defeat at Dallas as a 4-point dog, we'll ride the Broncos on Saturday night. Take Denver. Good luck, as always...Al McMordie. And don't miss my other big NFL Winner on Saturday night or my Preseason Monday Night Game of the Year

Add

Big Al NFL

Bears
Seahawks
Bengals
Skins

Tokens
BIG AL'S 90.5% ATS PRESEASON AFC GAME OF THE YEAR -- Saturday
At 9 pm, on Saturday, our Preseason AFC Game of the Year is on the Denver Broncos minus the points over Cleveland, as we will fade the Browns who opened the season with a win (over KC) and a loss (to Detroit) in its two games, both at home. But 1-1 teams are terrible away from home in Game 3 following back to back home games in Weeks 1 and 2 of the Preseason. They've covered just 9.5% of the time since 1983 vs. a foe off an ATS loss. With Denver in off a 31-20 defeat at Dallas as a 4-point dog, we'll ride the Broncos on Saturday night. Take Denver. Good luck, as always...Al McMordie. And don't miss my other big NFL Winner on Saturday night or my Preseason Monday Night Game of the Year

=========================================

Larry Ness'

20* NFL Preseason GOY (5-1 or 83% ATS with NFLX 20*s last two years!)

My 20* play is on the Sea Seahawks at 9:00 ET. The Seahawks opened as 6 1/2-point favorites in this game, the highest pointspread of the preseason to-date. AND....with GOOD reason! The Seahawks looked sharp in their Week 1 opener, winning at San Diego 24-16, as backup QB Seneca Wallace went 17-of-25 for 191 yards. Last Saturday night in Green Bay, Mike Holmgren sat starting QB Matt Hasselbeck and his team was just DREADFUL. The Packers had a 28-point 2nd quarter (GB returned two fumbles for TDs) on their way to a 48-13 rout. Third-string QB David Greene, who replaced Wallace in the late 2nd quarter, threw three interceptions! Holmgren was furious after the loss. "I cannot tolerate how we played," Holmgren said. "It's just unacceptable, and so we'll fix it." His plan is to have his starting units play into the second half. Hasselbeck, who didn't play last week, will start at QB. Holmgren likes to use the third exhibition game of every year to see where the starters are as far as fine-tuning the No. 1 units. He gets the perfect opponent (patsy!) in the Vikings. Minnesota has done little offensively the first two weeks, as FOUR of the team's five preseason TDs have come on three interception and one fumble return! Brad Childress may have a superb offensive mind but in Tavaris Jackson and Brooks Bollinger, he DOESN'T have an NFL-ready QB. Jackson's downfield accuracy has been lacking as he learns the offense and most of his best throws have been dropped. As for Bollinger, I never thought much of him in college. I won't even comment on a "wanna be" like Drew Henson. The Vikings have mustered just 445 yards in two games, accounting for only 27 FDs, while converting 11-of-27 third downs. NFL Preseason GOY 20* Sea Seahawks.

Larry Ness

15* Total of the Week (NFLX Week 3)

My 15* play is on Det/Ind Over at 7:00 ET. The Colts lost Monday night to the Bears, 27-24. That now leaves the defending champs with a preseason mark of 1-10 SU and 2-9 ATS (or 2-8-1) since 2005. Indy's defense was a major question mark entering last year's postseason but "came up big" in the team's run to the Super Bowl title. The Colts have allowed an average of 25.0 PPG in two preseason games this year and will face the "pass-happy" Lions in this one. Detroit rang up 548 total yards in Week 1 and have averaged 25.0 PPG in opening 2-0. There are some injury concerns at QB surrounding this game, as Dan Orlovsky is expected to miss and Kitna, 12-of-16 in Week 2, is bothered by a sore back. However, HC Rod Marinelli has said the starting offense will play the first half and Mike Martz's offense will play the same way, regardless of who plays at QB. By the way, Martz is said to be in 'love' with J.T O'Sullivan (third-string QB). As for the Colts, Tony Dungy expects the first-teamers to play into the third quarter, their busiest action in preseason. "We'll be shooting for somewhere between 35 and 45 plays," he said. RB Joseph Addai will get plenty of work against the Lions and this game (that doesn't count), will 'fly over!'

NFLX Total of the Week 15*

Det/Ind Over

Tokens
I've one question Ness & Big Al & Scott play ML or Ponit Spread in their GOY plays. (Sorry for newbie question) .

Read the write-up.

Ness indicates 6.5

Big Al Says minus the points.

Sprietzer says in one Ill take the points and Seattle in a big way.

Football is usually against the point spread.

Good Luck

"We're talking proud...we're talking Buffalo"
Tokens
Anyone know Michael Cannons picks yet? He is usually pretty damn good. Thx.

Tokens
Michael Cannon
20 Dime
Baltimore
10 Dime
Chicago
5 Dime
San Diego

Tokens
ATS
12 (PreSeason Lock of the Year) Indianapolis-6.5
6 Dallas -2.5
4 San Diego -3

Tokens
Larry Ness' Weekend Wipeout Winner-MLB (25-7 with Wipeout Winners since May 6!)

Weekend Wipeout Winner on the LA Angels.

My Weekend Wipeout Winner is on the LA Angels at 9:05 ET. The Blue Jays have been thrilled with Shaun Marcum in '07. He began the year in the bullpen and his first start didn't come until May 13. He's made 19 starts this year, going 9-3 with a 3.31 ERA (stats as a starter) with Toronto going 12-7. He had his five-game winning streak snapped Monday when he lasted just three innings and surrendered six runs and nine hits in a 6-4 loss to Oakland. Marcum had been 5-0 with a 2.14 ERA in his previous five outings. While I have a lot of respect for Marcum, Joe Saunders has been just INCREDIBLE (plus I've made a TON of money on him!) for the Angels the last two seasons. He's had very little success in the minors but every time he's be called on by the Angels to replace a pitcher in their rotation, he's DELIVERED! He went 7-3 with a 4.71 ERA in 13 starts last year (team was 10-3) but wasn't expected to be a part of LA's rotation in 2007. An injury to Bartolo Colon allowed Saunders to start the season with the Angels, and he went 2-0 with a 1.96 ERA in three April starts before being sent down to Triple-A. The left-hander was called up on two separate occasions to make spot starts in June before he became a permanent part of the rotation on July 22, after his third recall. He's 7-1 with a 3.25 ERA in 11 starts this year (team is 9-2). That's a two-year mark (as a spot starter) of 14-4, with the Angels going 19-5! Who does that? What's more, while the Blue Jays are a solid 20-14 (plus-$630) vs left-handers this year, they are just 3-9 (minus-$595) when facing a lefty on the road in night games. Conversely, the right-handed Marcum will face an Angel team that's 33-11 (plus-$1,440) vs right-handed starters at home in '07, including 25-7 (plus-$1,345) in night games (averaging 6.8 RPG!).

<!-- / message -->

Tokens
MATT RIVERS

For Saturday take the Jets against the beat up Giants.

I would be very surprised if Tom Coughlin's G-men have enough to win this game, preseason or not. Last week New York was really hit hard by the injury bug as WR Michael Jennings was one of the victims and is now out for the season. At wide out Plaxico Burress is not 100% and Sinorice Moss, Amani Toomer and Jeremy Shockey are banged up. On defense cornerback Sam Madison and safety Will Demps will miss and we are looking at a bunch of second and third stringers getting the start here for the Giants.

I'm not saying that the Jets are much better than an 8-8 team but they finally have the whole Pete Kendall mess behind them as he was traded to the Redskins and the Jetties go three deep at the quarterback position with Chad Pennington, a possible future star in Kellen Clemens and a guy in Marques Tuiasasopo who at least has some valuable experience as a Raider. Also Brad Smith, the former Missouri quarterback, looked pretty darn good last week in the loss to the Vikings if needed once again. That guy really is a sick sick athlete!

Jets head coach Eric Mangini was not happy with that last performance and has expressed such to his club this entire week. Even without Thomas Jones the Jets are the much much heathier club and the superior team overall. Also throw in the huge factor that we have the much deeper quarterback rotation and the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets are the play here

Tokens
Who is the Straley Group?
I never heard of them, do they capp all sports.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bodyhealthtechofficia
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com