Life after losing 20k....

Forum: NFL Football Forum - Sponsored by:
Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting NFL football here.

Thread: Life after losing 20k....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Life after losing 20k.... 
    So after that disastrous 4 day span for me...I'm trying to put everything behind and move on.

I believe in my picks still, however I don't have a lot of money to spare maybe 200 tops. Used to doing easy 1k or more bets I don't like the feeling of having to do like 25 dollar bets...it seems like i'm going nowhere. Would it be stupid if i risk it all on a single bet to 400 then again to 800 then perhaps one more time to 1600? I really need opinions! Thanks.

And another question. What percentage of your bankroll do you guys usually bet in a week?? Thanks for your help.

bad Idea To Jus Bet Ur Entire Bankroll Man. U Will Take One Bad Beat And Be Out Again. Take It Easy For A Week Or Two, Make Smaller Bets, No Parleys, Just Single Games U Like. Pick Out 3-4 Games And Put 25 On Each. Keep It Small U Have All Year To Make Up Ur Money, Dont Think U Need To Keep Doubling Up

Good Luck Man

RX Senior
    i no exactl what you are saying bro, im very young, and dont have much of a bankroll, and im use to betting 500$ a game n sometime 1000+
    i lost all my winnings last week and some, and now i dont no what to do this week!!! i dont feel right with 100$ bets, so im trying to hit a couple parlays tonight, well see what happens

Not stupid at all...let it ride...cant do much more harm than what u have already

I Have A Small 7 Point Teaser With Philly Pk And Under 46 If U Like It

Quote Originally Posted by whalewager View Post
    Not stupid at all...let it ride...cant do much more harm than what u have already

UR AN IDIOT!
    U WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE IF U DO THIS. ONE GAME U LOSE U HAVE NOTHIN, THEN U WILL PUT MORE IN AND NEVER BE SATISFIED. PLAY SMART, BET SMART, AND IT WILL PAYOFF

this has to be a joke

RX Senior
    I think it is,he also said he lost 7k in 1 hand of poker!!!

RX Senior
    yea, i wouldnt go all in

maybe try what i did today, in ur case, 200$ is what u have left, so maybe try 3 parlays 50$ and do 3 different team in each so u dont lose one game and lose all 3! then put 50$ on a team u really really like, its still kind of going all in, but if lucks on ur side tonight and u hit one parlay, your laughing!

ex(angels eagles and cubs ML parlay) 100$ pays like 400$
    (arizona indians and phillies ML parlay) 100$ pays 600

if i hit one of these im more then happy, and i think i got a shot at both

Mr Swingin Battle Axes SlashednThrashed's Avatar
    InFuckinSane losing 20K that fast...

I'd definitely learn from this and make smarter decisions concerning wager amounts...

Quote Originally Posted by Stayin above 80% View Post
    UR AN IDIOT!
    U WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE IF U DO THIS. ONE GAME U LOSE U HAVE NOTHIN, THEN U WILL PUT MORE IN AND NEVER BE SATISFIED. PLAY SMART, BET SMART, AND IT WILL PAYOFF
    stfu

Two thoughts:

1. The entire premise of this thread is a scam.

2. If it were true, Whalewager would be right. If you've lost $20K another 200 bucks isn't even noticeable. Might as well let it ride two or three or four times on bets to see if you can recoup even some of your losses.

Pro Handi-Craper My Picks are the shit nhoj's Avatar
    Yeah them Parlays are going to help. If you can't pick one team you have no bussiness picking 2 teams.

RX Senior
    Its all relative, i lost 55k last week in sports..... fkin sucks

Their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square." The Falls's Avatar

good answer

it's now or never buddy

RX Senior
    last year i went from winning $30,000 to losing $85,000 in one game.it was the bears and Cardinals game.i had quite a bit on the moneyline and when they were up 17 in the fourth driving 1st and goal or 1st and 10 from the 15 or so.i laid $72,000 to win $3,000 on Pinnacle live thinking they would get another TD and be up 24 with less than 1 quater to play.long story short they ended up settling for a field goal and they were onlty up 20.right then i had a bad feeling.then come the 3 TD's all defensive or special teams and at the end Rackers misses a 42 yarder to win the game.now that is a tough beat.it ruined my whole season and tarnished my NFL experience forever.the total swing of money won to money lost was about $115,000.

to those ppl that think this is a scam what would i be gaining from besides looking like an idiot losing 20k? and yes i know im an idiot. and idiot that got unlucky.

and like i said before i didn't have 20k invested. i started out with 500 bucks and made it into 20k. if u check the threads called parlays and teasers i have all my losing bets with cinci listed there.

Thank you for all your help, i was going to do baseball, but baseball is a bit more unpredictable than football. there truly anything can happen. 4 bad pitches bam ur game's gone.

I've decided to just put 100 in. And letting it ride on teaser Philly pick and under 46. What should I deposit under? bodog has terrible lines but ease of use, Bookmaker has best lines but people said it's really hard to withdraw?

Love The Play Mafia, With U 100% We Will Win This One

RX Senior
    yea i dont no why everyone makes it seem like 20K loss hes talkign shit or w/e!!
    im 18 years old and lost 8800 laast week
    when u bet big u lose big! and i relaized it last week

<table class="cast"><tbody><tr class="odd"><td class="hs">
    </td><td class="nm">Richard Dreyfuss</td><td class="ddd"> ... </td><td class="char">Jay Trotter</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="hs"></td><td class="nm">David Johansen</td><td class="ddd"> ... </td><td class="char">Looney</td></tr><tr class="odd"><td class="hs">
    </td><td class="nm">Teri Garr</td><td class="ddd"> ... </td><td class="char">Pam</td></tr><tr class="even"><td class="hs">
    </td><td class="nm">Jennifer Tilly</td><td class="ddd"> ... </td><td class="char">Vicki</td></tr></tbody></table>

quotes from

Let it Ride

[Discussing Trotter]
    Ticket Seller: All kind of balls...
    Bodyguard: One of his is crystal.
    <hr width="30%"> Vicki: You know what they say, 'Nothing ventured, nothing... ventured.'
    <hr width="30%"> [Watching toteboard go from 40-1 to 8-1]
    Looney: Probably some coke deal went nuts again.
    <hr width="30%"> Tony Cheesburger: The 4 horse! Nobody bets the 4 horse, Trotter. The 4 horse is a joke. They let little kiddies on the 4 horse to have their picture taken."
    <hr width="30%"> Greenberg: She has very long legs.
    Vicki: Thanks. They go from my ass all the way to the floor.
    <hr width="30%"> Vicki: She's pert. If you like pert.
    <hr width="30%"> Looney: I'm sure glad I didn't bet.
    Jay Trotter: You didn't bet?
    Looney: I woulda had a heart attack.
    <hr width="30%"> Looney: [after Trotter won but Looney didn't even bet] I'd hate to have to walk around this track with seven hundred dollars cash.
    Jay Trotter: Seven hundred and TEN - and you'll never have that problem, because the only reason I won is that you didn't bet! You are the unluckiest person in the world!
    Looney: Am not!
    Jay Trotter: Am!
    Looney: Am not!
    Jay Trotter: Am!
    [pulling out his racing form]
    Jay Trotter: Who do you like in the second?
    Looney: The six horse looks pretty good...
    Jay Trotter: [dramatically crosses out the six horse on his racing form] You got a brother?
    Looney: In Cleveland.
    Jay Trotter: Call him up, ask him who he likes. I figure it's in the blood!
    <hr width="30%"> Jay Trotter: [after realizing he has just one a heap of money while watching the race among the social elite] Did I win? Did I WIN? SON-OF-A-BITCH! GOD LIKES ME! HE REALLY, REALLY, LIKES ME! WHAT A DAY! WHAT A FABULOUS DAY!
    <hr width="30%"> Looney: [following Trotter as he leaves the betting booth] Hey, Trotter! I got an idea on how we can make some money. We take the tape, right. We play it for the trainer. With what he just made on that last race, maybe he wouldn't mind slippin' us like five grand...
    Jay Trotter: ...I already got rid of the tape.
    Looney: [drops to his knees] AAAHHHHHH!
    Jay Trotter: I just saved you from a lengthy jail sentence.
    Looney: I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS!
    [slams his money on the betting counter]
    Looney: Fifty bucks on Junebug to win! It's the same name as my cat.
    <hr width="30%"> Jay Trotter: [waiting for the race result to be announced] I've done nothing to deserve this anguish.
    <hr width="30%"> Man in crowd: Down in front, you big lug!
    Simpson: [spins around] Who said that?
    [dead silence and no movement in the crowd]
    <hr width="30%"> Jay Trotter: Gimme forty-eight $50 win tickets on the three horse in the seventh race.
    Ticket Seller: [starts pushing buttons] So, I have to give you forty-eight $50 win tickets on the three horse in the seventh race...
    Jay Trotter: Wait! Wait! How much does forty-eight $50 win tickets on the three horse in the seventh race *pay*?
    Ticket Seller: Let's see... forty-eight $50 win tickets on the three horse in the seventh race at...
    Ticket Seller: [whistles]
    Ticket Seller: ...twenty-nine to one will pay you approximately...
    Ticket Seller: [moves his lips and mumbles to himself while figuring]
    Ticket Seller: ...sixty-nine thousand dollars!
    <hr width="30%"> Jay Trotter: [puts $2400 in cash on the counter] Let it ride!
    Ticket Seller: What's the number?
    Jay Trotter: [smile fades away]
    Ticket Seller: It's a house rule! You've got to give me a number!
    <hr width="30%"> Jay Trotter: [puts the box with $69,000 in cash on the counter] Let it ride!
    Ticket Seller: Is it all there?
    Jay Trotter: I took out a little for the wife and a few things, but basically, yeah, it's all there!
    Ticket Seller: I can't give you win tickets for that! That's over 1400 win tickets! It will jam up the machine!
    Ticket Seller: [leans forward]
    Ticket Seller: The counting room!
    <hr width="30%"> Man with cigar: These other nags are gonna die in the starting gate!

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy66 View Post
    last year i went from winning $30,000 to losing $85,000 in one game.it was the bears and Cardinals game.i had quite a bit on the moneyline and when they were up 17 in the fourth driving 1st and goal or 1st and 10 from the 15 or so.i laid $72,000 to win $3,000 on Pinnacle live thinking they would get another TD and be up 24 with less than 1 quater to play.long story short they ended up settling for a field goal and they were onlty up 20.right then i had a bad feeling.then come the 3 TD's all defensive or special teams and at the end Rackers misses a 42 yarder to win the game.now that is a tough beat.it ruined my whole season and tarnished my NFL experience forever.the total swing of money won to money lost was about $115,000.
    wow thats a tough shaft there bro. feel your pain though. picked up about 150K in NFL and 1st few weeks on NCAA hoops only to lose it all plus some the rest of NCAA hoops and the tourny. Need to learn to shut it down once febuary hits as i alays lose in feb and march. i picked up 100K the 1st 3 months of bases only to lose it all back and another 30K since the allstar break. cant catch a break and when i am on a team they lose and if i lay off that team the next few games they win. drives a man sain to see that. and im my loses I was not chasing. juts hit a brick wall where i was hitting 20-25%. took a break and still could not hit a game. ohh by the way i am on the following tonight so feel free to fade away
    Rays +220
    Rays +1.5 even
    Rays -1.5 +310
    Balt +220
    Balt +1.5 +110
    Balt -1.5 +310
    jays +105
    Jays -1.5 +215
    all 3 teams in a round robin parlay (3 seperate 2 team parlays)
    if all 3 teams come in it pays 36K
    if 2 of the 3 come in i pick up either 10.5K or 11k or 18k depending the combo of the teams less what the parlay cost me

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stayin above 80% View Post
    UR AN IDIOT!
    Hell he has already lost 20k if he telling the truth. Another $200 dollars is not going hurt anymore. Let it ride! You have already lost.

RX Senior
    c-note you need to get with me for the college hoops.i get information you wouldn't beleive.it is so good i get cut off or cut way back at every off shore spot i go to with it after a few weeks.they move the line but it is so good you can bet the bad number and win.

If this is true you need to quit. Just stop.

In a while see if you want to keep gambling. Be honest with what your goals are? Do you just want the thrill? Are you chasing? Or do you actually want to make money? You need to stay disciplined, set yourself a bankroll, stick to small stakes, and don't deviate. If you can't do that then you will be a loser for life, because the books are praying on people who are in your exact spot... Go huge stakes, lose, and chase... They love it.