Mormonism is a Cult

Search
Tokens
With Romney talking religion, the truth should be brought
out to the ignorant masses about Mormonism.

For years society considered Mormonism a cult, but it's not
politically correct to speak the truth nowadays.

Before anyone spouts off at me, I've done my homework on
this one. Do the research, Mormonism is a total scam.

<center>False Prophecies and Declarations of the False Prophet JOSEPH SMITH

</center> 1. He declared that the Garden of Eden was located in Jackson County Missouri although the bible says that out of Eden flows four rivers, one being the Euphrates, one flows into Ethiopia, and another flows into East Assyria. (Genesis 2:1014)
2. He prophecied in 1835 that Jesus Christ would return within 56 years. (History of the Church Vol 2 p 182).
3. He prophecied that at his second coming, Jesus Christ would return to Independence Missouri in spite of the bible stating "Then the Lord will go forth and fight against those nations as when he fights on a day of battle. On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives which lies before Jerusalem on the east" (Zechariah 14:34).
4. He declared that the moon was inhabited by people about 6 feet tall who dressed like Quakers and lived to be 1000 years old. (The Young Womans Journal, Oliver B. Huntington 1892 Vol 3 p 263).
5. He prophecied that both a city and a temple were to be built in western Missouri before his death. (Doctrines and Covenants 84:15, 31). Neither were built before his death and even now have still yet to be built.
6. He prophecied "In a few years the government will be overthrown and wasted" (History of the Church Vol 15 p 394).
7. He prophecied "not many years shall pass away before the U.S. shall present such a scene of bloodshed as has not a parallel in the history of our nation; pestilence, hail, famine, and earthquake will sweep the wicked of this generation from off the face of the land" (History of the Church Vol 1 pp 315-316).

Seventeen Little Known Facts About the Mormon Religion:
The following facts represent teachings that are either openly taught in the Mormon Church today, or that have been taught by the highest authorities of the Mormon Church. All quotes given are from official LDS publications or the Bible.
FACT #1. The Mormon Church teaches ALL other Churches are WRONG; ALL their creeds are an ABOMINATION in the sight of God; and ALL their teachers are CORRUPT. One of the Mormon Books of Scripture, The Pearl of Great Price, says this about non-LDS churches: "...they were ALL WRONG; and the Personage who addressed me said that ALL their creeds were an ABOMINATION in his sight; that those professors were ALL CORRUPT; …" (Joseph Smith, 2:19)
FACT #2. Mormonism teaches there is no salvation outside the Mormon Church and no salvation without accepting Joseph Smith. Apostle Bruce R. McConkie makes this statement: "If it had not been for Joseph Smith and the restoration, there would be no salvation. There is no salvation outside The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints." (Mormon Doctrine, p.670) The Bible, on the other hand, teaches salvation is in Jesus alone; "Neither is there salvation in any other [Jesus]: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)
FACT #3. Mormons are taught to doubt the reliability of the Bible and their leaders have consistently attacked its accuracy. Joseph Smith claimed: "... it was apparent that many important points touching the salvation of men, had been taken from the Bible, or lost before it was compiled." (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p.10) The Bible answers this attack: "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever." (Isaiah 40:8)
FACT #4. A basic tenant in Mormonism today is that Jesus Christ is the brother of Satan. Milton R. Hunter explains it like this: "The appointment of Jesus to be the Savior of the world was contested by one of the other sons of God. He was called Lucifer, … this spirit-brother of Jesus desperately tried to become the Savior of mankind." (The Gospel Through The Ages, p.15) Nowhere in the Bible does it indicate that Lucifer attempted to become the Savior: In fact, Jesus created Satan, so they can't be brothers. Colossians 1:16 indicates that Jesus created "all things," whether "in heaven," or "in earth, visible or invisible."
FACT #5. Mormonism continues to teach that God the Father is a glorified, resurrected Man, and men and women may become Gods and Goddesses. Apostle Bruce R. McConkie makes this claim: "God himself, the Father of us all, is a glorified, exalted, immortal, resurrected Man!" (Mormon Doctrine, p. 643) Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism taught: "...you have to learn how to be Gods ourselves...the same as all Gods have done before you,..." (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 346) The Lord Himself answers this teachings by pronouncing: "...I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God." (Isaiah 44:6)
FACT #6. Mormons consider Polygamy a righteous principle which will be practiced in heaven. Although there is nothing in the Bible that will support this thinking, current Mormon Scripture has this to say: "...if any man espouse a virgin, and desire to espouse another, and the first give her consent, and if he espouse the second, and they are virgins, and have vowed to no adultery … And if he have TEN VIRGINS given unto him by this law, he cannot commit adultery …" (Doctrine and Covenants 132:61,62)
FACT #7. Mormons today believe God the Father is married and past leaders have taught both God the Father and Jesus Christ are polygamists. Apostle Orson Pratt makes these unbelievable statements: "… the great Messiah who was the founder of the Christian religion, was a Polygamist … the Messiah chose to take upon himself his seed; and by marrying many honorable wives himself, show to all future generations that he approbated the plurality of Wives under the Christian dispensation … God the Father had a plurality of wives … the Son followed the example of his Father … both God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ inherit their wives in eternity as well as in time; …" (The Seer, p. 172) Nowhere in the Bible does it indicate that God the Father and Jesus Christ are married or polygamists.
FACT #8. The majority of the activity in the Mormon Temples is work done in behalf of the DEAD. Joseph Smith offers this explanation: "The greatest responsibility in this world that God has laid upon us is to seek after our DEAD." (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 356). Although many Mormons are attempting to save their dead relatives, the Bible indicates: "None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him." (Psalms 49:7)
FACT #9. To the Mormon, the ultimate test that Mormonism is true is an "inner feeling." Mormons often refer to this feeling as a "burning in the bosom." They believe their scripture (Doctrine and Covenants 9:8) gives the best test for determining truth. This test reads: "… study it out in your mind; then you must ask me [the Lord] if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall FEEL that it is right." The Bible, on the other hand, tell us: "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (II Timothy 2:15)
FACT #10. Mormon leaders demand total obedience regardless whether they are right or wrong. The ward teacher's message for June, 1945, stated: "When our leaders speak, the thinking has been done. When they propose a plan--it is God's plan. When they point the way, there is no other which is safe. When they give direction, it should mark the end of controversy. God works in no other way. To think otherwise, without immediate repentance, may cost one his faith, may destroy his testimony, and leave him a stranger to the kingdom of God." (Improvement Era, June 1945, p. 354) Herber C. Kimball, First Councilor to Brigham Young, clarifies further: "But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 6, p.32) The Bible warns us in I John 4:1: "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."
FACT #11. Mormon leaders have consistently attacked the Biblical doctrine of Salvation by God's Grace through Faith alone. In Apostle James Talmage's book, The Articles of Faith, twice he refers to justification by Faith alone as a "pernicious doctrine," and further declares: "The Sectarian Dogma of Justification by Faith Alone has exercised an influence for evil." (pp. 107,480) The Bible responds: "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."
FACT #12. Mormon Apostle Bruce R. McConkie has warned his people against a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus. McConkie made these shocking statements at a speech given at BYU. "… gaining a special, personal relationship with Christ that is both improper and perilous … Now, I know that some may be offended and the counsel that they should not strive for a special and personal relationship with Christ … But you been warned, and you have heard the true doctrine taught." (Church News, week ending March 20, 1982, p.5) In opposition to this, Jesus gives us a personal invitation: "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)
FACT #13. Joseph Smith founder of the Mormon Church, boasted of doing a greater "work" than the Lord Jesus. Joseph Smith made this incredible boast: "I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet." (History of the Church, Volume 6, Chapter 19, Page 408) No true Prophet of God ever spoke such words as these.
FACT #14. In 1835 Joseph Smith prophesied concerning the coming of the Lord. At a meeting called by Joseph Smith he instructed the Latter day Saints that it was "the will of God" to go forth and "prune the vineyard for the last time, or the coming of the Lord, which was nigh even fifty six years should wind up the scene." (History of the Church, vol. 2, p. 182) Eight years later he reinforced this by stating: "I prophesy in the name of the Lord God, and let it be written; the Son of Man will not come in the clouds of heaven till I am eighty five years old." (History of the Church, vol.5, p. 336)
FACT #15. Mormons are taught to "shake hands" with a messenger to determine if he is from God or if he is the devil. The following information is found in Mormon scripture: "When a messenger comes saying he has a message from God, offer him your hand and request him to shake hands with you. If he be an angle he will do so, and you will feel his hand … If it be the devil as an angel of light, when you ask him to shake hands he will offer you his hand, and you will not feel anything; you may therefore detect him." (Doctrine and Covenants 129:4,5,8) Rather that trusting in "feelings" the Bible commands us to "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."
FACT #16. Brigham Young claimed that these who leave the Mormon Church would turn "wrinkled" and "black." The following curse was pronounced by Brigham Young: "… but let them apostatize, and they will become gray-haired, wrinkled, and black, just like the Devil." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 5, p. 332) There have been tens of thousands of people leave the Mormon Church -- Where are the "black and wrinkled" ones?
FACT #17. Joseph Smith taught the moon was inhabited by people who dressed like Quakers and lived to be about 1000 years old. In the Mormon publication, The Young Woman's Journal, pp. 263 & 264, O.B. Huntington gives this interesting information: "As far back as 1837, I know that he [Joseph Smith] said the moon was inhabited by men and women the same as this earth, and that they lived to a greater age than we do -- that they live generally to near the age of 1000 years. He [Smith] described the men as averaging near six feet in height, and dressing quite uniformly in something near the Quaker style." Now that man has walked on the Moon, there can be no doubt that there aren't any 6 foot tall Quakers roaming its surface.
Matt 24:23-25, New Living Translation: "Then if anyone tells you, `Look, here is the Messiah,' or `There he is,' don't pay any attention. For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great miraculous signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God's chosen ones. See, I have warned you."
Mormons believe that God had sex with Mary:
Mormons believe that God had sex with Mary. Most Mormons have no idea about this obscure teaching. They change the definition of the word virgin. Mormons feel that they can still use the phrase "virgin birth" because God was an immortal being who had sex with Mary. (He was not a mere mortal man.) This is exactly what Bruce R. McConkie, (a leading LDS theologian who died in 1985) said: "For our present purposes, suffice it to say that our Lord was born of a virgin, which is fitting and proper, and also natural, since the Father of the Child was an immortal Being" (The Promised Messiah, p. 466). In other words, if Joseph had sex with Mary she would not have been a virgin, but since God had sex with Mary, she remains a virgin.
Polygamy...
Polygamy has not gone away. Not only are there tens of thousands of Mormons living in this so-called "everlasting covenant" today, but the justification for it is still holy scripture to all Mormons.
THE DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS, SECTION 132
Revelation given through Joseph Smith the Prophet, at Nauvoo, Illinois, recorded July 12, 1843, relating to the new and everlasting covenant, including the eternity of the marriage covenant, as also plurality of wives.
<sup>4</sup> For behold, I reveal unto you a new and an everlasting covenant and if ye abide not that covenant, then are ye damned for no one can reject this covenant and be permitted to enter into my glory.
<sup>61</sup> And again, as pertaining to the law of the priesthood.if any man espouse a virgin, and desire to espouse another and the first give her consent, and if he espouse the second, and they are virgins, and have vowed to no other man, then is he justified; he cannot commit adultery for they are given unto him; for he cannot commit adultery with that that belongeth unto him and to no one else.
<sup>62</sup> And if he have ten virgins given unto him by this law, he cannot commit adultery, for they belong to him, and they are given unto him; therefore is he justified.
<sup>63</sup> But if one or either of the ten virgins, after she is espoused, shall be with another man, she has committed adultery, and shall be destroyed; for they are given unto him to multiply and replenish the earth, according to my commandment, and to fulfil the promise which was given by my Father before the foundation of the world, and for their exaltation in the eternal worlds, that they may bear the souls of men; for herein is the work of my Father continued, that he may be glorified.
<sup>64</sup> And again, verily, verily, I say unto you, if any man have a wife, who holds the keys of this power, and he teaches unto her the law of my priesthood, as pertaining to these things, then shall she believe and administer unto him, or she shall be destroyed, saith the Lord your God; for I will destroy her; for I will magnify my name upon all those who receive and abide in my law.
No matter How much the LDS church tries to Christianize their gospel...
There are teachings of Mormonism which separate it forever from Christianity and the Holy Bible.
Specifically, Mormonism teachings include:
  • That God the Father has a body of flesh and bones and was once a sinful man on another planet.
  • That God lives with many goddess wives on a planet near the great star Kolob.
  • That Polygamy is part of God.s holy ordinances.
  • That Jesus Christ is the brother of Lucifer, the Devil. Jesus had to work out his own salvation.
  • That the doctrines of their inspired leaders are superior to the Bible.
  • That "there are more gods than there are particles on a million earths"
  • That men can become gods themselves by joining the Mormon church and will be able to create and populate their own earths.
  • That the shed blood of Christ is not sufficient to save us from our sins, that it only gives us resurrection so we may be judged for our works; that men cannot be saved by grace through faith, but only by our works of righteousness.
  • That the Mormon Church is the only true church on earth, to the exclusion of all others. It has the only true authority.
  • That there are two churches only, The church of the Lamb [Mormonism] and the church of the Devil [the rest of us].
  • That man cannot gain eternal life and enter the presence of the Lord outside of Mormonism.
The Prophet Brigham Young's racist statements about blacks:
"You see some classes of the human family that are black, uncouth, uncomely, disagreeable and low in their habits, wild, and seemingly deprived of nearly all the blessings of the intelligence that is generally bestowed upon mankind. The first man that committed the odious crime of killing one of his brethren will be cursed the longest of any one of the children of Adam. Cain slew his brother. Cain might have been killed, and that would have put a termination to that line of human beings. This was not to be, and the Lord put a mark upon him, which is the flat nose and black skin. Trace mankind down to after the flood, and then another curse is pronounced upon the same race -- that they should be the "servant of servants;" and they will be, until that curse is removed." - Brigham Young, President and second 'Prophet' of the Mormon Church, 1844-1877 - Quotation from Journal of Discourses
"Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God is death on the spot. This will always be so." - Brigham Young, President and second 'Prophet' of the Mormon Church, 1863, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 10, p. 110.
Mormon disparagement of other churches:
Note: These are in-context quotations of the First Vision from various sources. I used ellipses to shorten the quotations, not to change their meaning. Check out the full quotations if you like, but you'll find there's no modification to the meaning.
Orson Pratt account, first published account of first vision. Published in a pamphlet in 1840 titled "An interesting account of several remarkable visions". … "He was also informed upon the subjects, which had for some time previously agitated his mind, viz.--that all the religious denominations were believing in incorrect doctrines; and consequently, that none of them was acknowledged of God, as his church and kingdom. And he was expressly commanded, to go not after them; and he received a promise that the true doctrine--the fullness of the gospel, should, at some future time, be made known to him; after which, the vision withdrew, leaving his mind in a state of calmness and peace, indescribable." …
Orson Hyde account, originally published in a German pamphlet http://www.mormonentum.de/literatur/hyde1842/ruf.html in 1842, in Frankfurt (on his return from Jerusalem). Translated in 1960. … "He was told not to join any of the religious sects or any party, as they were all wrong in their doctrines and none of them was recognized by God as His Church and kingdom. He received a promise that the true doctrine--the fulness of the gospel--should, at some future time, be made known to him; after which, the vision withdrew, leaving his mind in a state of calmness and peace indescribable." …
1843 account in non-Mormon newspaper - The New York Spectator - September 23. … "O Lord, what Church shall I join? He replied, "don't join any of them, they are all corrupt." …
1844 account of German immigrant, Alexander Neibaur [May 24, 1844] … "Mr. Smith then asked, must I join the Methodist Church. No, they are not my People, have gone astray There is none that Doeth good, not one" …
George A. Smith - Journal of Discourses Volume 12, p.334, 1863 "When the holy angel appeared, Joseph inquired which of all these denominations was right and which he should join, and was told they were all wrong."
Mormon Research Links
Who Really Wrote the Book of Mormon? The Spalding Enigma This book critically examines key historical documents and records of 19th-century Mormon history and concludes that The Book of Mormon is an "adaption of an obscure historical novel" written by Revolutionary War veteran Solomon Spalding during the War of 1812. In twelve chapters, the authors lay out the evidence for the assertion that Sidney Rigdon, Oliver Cowdery, and Joseph Smith Jr. adapted and embellished the Spalding manuscript to create The Book of Mormon. Although based on public records and solid research, the book reads like "investigative history," demonstrating that Mormon claims to the "supernatural" revelation and transcription of The Book of Mormon are fraudulent. ISBN = 0758605277 It's 560 pages and sells for $16.99. The publisher is Concordia Publishing House. The editors are Arthur Vanick ( http://thedigitalvoice.com/enigma/ ), Wayne Cowdery, and Howard Davis. I have read the previous version of this book and consider this to be the single most important book on the origin of the Book of Mormon, which is the foundation of the Mormon religion. If the Book of Mormon is a fiction novel, then the Mormon religion is based upon fiction. Buy it at any book store, or direct from the publisher. Here's a rebuttal to an attack on this book: SPALDING_ENIGMA_ROPER_REBUTTAL.pdf
Mormon Magic Underwear Video by Bill Keller of LivePrayer.com: http://www.liveprayer.com/archvid.cfm?d=062107
The Truth About Mormonism
by Gabriel Carlin
Have you had Mormon missionaries come to your door? Were you wondering if you should let them in? What would you say to them if you did? Witnessing to Mormons can be intimidating. In this concise book, Pastor Gabe Carlin examines the history, crucial beliefs, and philosophy of the LDS Church, as well as showing by completely documented and undeniable evidence why Mormonism is a false religion. After reading his very practical advice on how to witness to Mormons you'll be better equipped to answer the challenges of the LDS Church. His countless experiences in dialoging with Mormons will prepare you for the spiritual battle like never before. I recommend this fine work on the history and theology of the LDS "Church". In a day of theological compromise and devilish ecumenicism when prominent "evangelical" theologians apologize to the Mormons and pretend that they worship the same God, it is refreshing to read a book that tells it like it is. The LDS "Church" is no church at all, but a pagan religion that was spawned by immorality and greed and sustained by ignoble motives. It preaches a heretical gospel and is hopelessly anti-Christian! It is an abomination to God and man as well as a device of Satan to deceive the naive and uneducated. Let the reader feel confident that he is getting the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth – about Mormonism — Dr. Robert A. Morey, President of California Biblical University and Seminary
This book presents the facts about the Mormon religion in a clear, concise and cogent manner. Gabe cuts straight to the core issues concerning the serious doctrinal deviations of the LDS Church. A must read for every serious Christian who seeks to reach Mormons with the true Christ of the Bible — Pastor Troy Underwood, Professor of Cult Apologetics at Master's Divinity School
Gabriel Carlin offers a concise look into the history and primary doctrines of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. His many years of pastoral ministry in Utah enable him to give much more than a textbook examination of this fast growing movement — Bill McKeever, Founder and Director of Mormonism Research Ministry, Salt Lake City, Utah http://greatchristianbooks1.spreadtheword.com
Isaiah in the Book of Mormon…and Joseph Smith in Isaiah by David P. Wright: http://www.xmission.com/~research/central/isabmapp.html
September Dawn - Motion Picture, Premiers June 22nd www.SeptemberDawn.net
Who is guilty of allowing the Mormon murderers to go free?
A clue: His first name is Brigham! See www.MtnMeadowsMassacre.com
The Salt Lake Tribune Newspaper Article on LDS Church Growth, June 26, 2005
The Rick Ross Mormon site: http://www.rickross.com/groups/mormon.html
The complete LDS Mormon Temple Ceremony also known as The Endowment: http://www.lds-temple.org
Book: For Any Latter-day Saint: One Investigator's Unanswered Questions by Sharon Banister, Paperback, 397 pages, Publisher: Sharon Banister (January 1, 1988), ISBN: 0940999307
Reasons to Believe site by Dr. Hugh Ross, Ph.D.: http://www.reasons.org. Once there, search on "mormon" in the search slot in the banner.
Witnessing To Mormons With Love by Angie Dean, a 146 page PDF, 4.38 Mb
At Life After Ministries, ex-Mormons are helping other Mormons recover from Mormonism by seeking to challenge the doctrines that steal their eternity in Heaven. We work to assert the Christian doctrines of Jesus Christ, in accordance with the Bible and to expose the false doctrines of Mormonism.
www.lifeafter.org/
Facts from Mormons: www.whatismormonism.com/factsfrommormons.html
The Prophet Joseph Smith's Failed and Forged Prophecies. Discover that only 5 out of 65 prophecies were fulfilled:
http://www.exmormon.org/prophet.htm
The Mormon Conspiracy by the LDS Church: http://mormonconspiracy.com/
"The Mormon Conspiracy is a very comprehensive volume dealing with issues that most others, who have written about the Mormon Church, have left untouched, namely the political ambitions of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and how they have become successful in this goal unnoticed by the majority of Americans. He has captured the "spirit of Mormonism" and understood the internal structure amazingly well without ever having been a Mormon. Dr. Wood's research and conclusions show originality and give helpful conclusions which open the reader's mind to see the true nature and plan of the Mormon Church for America--and the world.
Newsweek Magazine article: www.whatismormonism.com/newsweek_article.html
Book of Mormon Studies: www.mormonstudies.com
Wife No. 19, or The Story of a Live in Bondage, Being a Complete Expose of Mormonism, and Revealing the Sorrows, Sacrifices and Sufferings of Women in Polygamy, by Ann Eliza Young, Brigham Young's Apostate Wife, a 353 page book: http://www.whatismormonism.com/wife19.pdf
What the Mormon Missionaries Won't Tell You: http://www.spiritwatch.org/whamowon.htm
Mormon Sc:howdy:r May Face Excommunication: www.whatismormonism.com/ThomasMurphyArticle.html
Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry: http://www.carm.org/mormon.htm
The truth about Joseph Smith's 9 different versions of his First Vision: http://www.bcmmin.org/firstv.html
Saints Alive in Jesus: http://www.saintsalive.com/
Mormonism Research Files: http://www.saintsalive.com/mormonism.html
Recovery from Mormonism: http://www.exmormon.org/
Why I left Mormonism: http://www.exmormon.org/whyileft.htm
Who Wrote The Book of Mormon: http://www.exmormon.org/bofmorig.htm
Good Sites on Mormonism: http://www.exmormon.org/goodsite.htm
Alpha Internet Ministries: http://www.alphamin.org/
The Ankerberg Theological Research Institute: http://www.ankerberg.com/
Walter Martin's Religious InfoNet: http://www.waltermartin.org/
Mormonism Examined: http://www.bible.ca/mormon.htm
Evangelical Outreach: http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/mormonm.htm
Institute For Religious Research: http://www.irr.org/
Mormons In Transition: http://www.irr.org/mit/
Various Languages: http://www.irr.org/mit/languages.html
Jeremiah Films: http://www.jeremiahfilms.com/
Let Us Reason: http://www.letusreason.org/
Mormon Articles: http://www.letusreason.org/LDSdir.htm
Mormon Research Ministry: http://www.mrm.org/
Word for the Weary: http://www.answeringlds.org/
Jerry's LDS Info Page: http://members.tripod.com/~ldsinfo/
Utah Lighthouse Ministry: http://www.utlm.org/
Tapestry of Polygamy: http://www.polygamy.org/
Mormonism: Christian or Cult? http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cults/mormon.htm
The Deceit of Mormonism: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delp.../mormonis.html
Books: With One Accord: http://www.withoneaccord.org/
Through the Maze: http://www.mazeministry.com/
Watchman Fellowship, Inc.: http://www.watchman.org/
MacGregor Ministries: http://www.macgregorministries.org/
Blacks & Mormonism: http://www.helpingmormons.org/african.htm
Dr. Shades' Mormonism Page: http://www.fiber.net/users/drshades/mormon.htm
Mormon No More: http://www.geocities.com/mormonnomore/
Keynote address at the fifth annual Exmormon convention, held in Las Vegas, Nevada, the weekend of February 24, 2001
http://home.teleport.com/~packham/x2001.htm
Real Audio: The 1990 Endowment Ceremony: http://www.helpingmormons.org/1990temple.ram
24 Hour Recorded Message: 770-271-4992 The Mormon Chronicles Speak (new message weekly)
Mormon Holy Ghost vs. Mormon Holy Spirit: http://www.spotlightministries.org.uk/ldsholyspirit.htm
Everything you wanted to know about the LDS Church but were afraid to laugh: http://exmormon.8m.com/
The Anti-Mormon Preservation Society: http://antimormon.8m.com/
U Religion - Your online resource for Religion!
Illegal Immigration and Border issues moot to Mormons in Utah: http://www.whatismormonism.com/Borde...onsInUtah.html
How do Mormons attempt to justify Mormons becoming Gods?
This is the Mormons' false answer: http://farms.byu.edu/faq.php?id=20&table=questions
This is a reality response to the above site: http://www.mormonfallacies.com/Refut...ighamYoung.pdf

Tokens
Oh, and you know why Mormons are so into Genealogy?

Because they believe that you can baptize your dead
ancestors into the Mormon church.

Baptism For The Dead

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Baptism for the Dead is a ritual invented by Joseph Smith for the purpose of entering dead people into heaven who did not have the opportunity, or who did not take the opportunity to join the Mormon Church. According to Tanner, “Even though the Book of Mormon is supposed to contain the fullness of the gospel, it never mentions the doctrine of baptism for the dead, not even once. The word ‘baptism’ appears 25 times in the Book of Mormon. The word ‘baptize’ appears 28 times. The word ‘baptized’ appears 85 times, and the word ‘baptizing appears 6 times, but the doctrine of baptism for the dead isn’t even mentioned once.” 1 If the Mormon Church claims that the Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the gospel, then why are Mormons doing baptisms for the dead when it is not mentioned in the Book of Mormon? [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Baptism for the Dead is further discussed in the scholarly book The Mormon Conspiracy [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]As described by Scott, the baptisms were performed in the Mormon temples in a special baptismal font room, “...which held an immense bowl-like metallic font which was supported on the backs of statues of twelve life-sized brass oxen, symbolic of the twelve tribes of Israel. A platform extended along one side of the great bowl....” 2 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Scott, who performed in several Mormon baptisms for the dead continues: “...One by one we were called by name to descend into the font. A recorder sat on a high stool, not unlike a lifeguard’s stand, at one side of the font, and witnesses watched. An elder stood in the font in garments like ours, and beckoned for each participant as his or her turn came. He spoke the baptismal prayer in a hurried, monotonous voice, stopping only to lower a proxy into the water. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial] “I sat on the platform, looking furtively for the angels I had heard often appeared in temples. When my name was called, I went down into the water. The baptizing elder turned me around so that he could see a large screen, something like an electronic football scoreboard, which he looked at over my shoulder. On top of the screen was my name, and below it a name I don’t remember, but which I’ll say was Elizabeth Anderson. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]“ ‘Sister Celester Latayne Colvett,’ he said, looking at the screen, ‘having been commissioned of Jesus Christ, I baptize you, for and in behalf of Elizabeth Anderson, who is dead, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, Amen.’ Then he quickly dropped his right arm from the square and lowered me beneath the water. As I was regaining my footing he had already begun the same prayer, inserting this time the name of another dead woman which had flashed onto the screen behind me. Fifteen consecutive baptisms were performed with me as proxy in a matter of about three minutes. As I left the font, another proxy was preparing to be baptized.” 3 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial] This ceremony is completed in the confirmation room, and goes on daily in the temples for thousands of dead.. Millions, probably billions of the dead have been baptized including “deceased presidents of the United States and other prominent persons of the past including Catholic popes and saints......Wilford Woodruff, a president of the Mormon Church during the turn of the century, said that on April 10, 1898, all of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, along with George Washington, appeared to him in the St. George Temple two nights in a row, begging that vicarious ordinance be done for them. Woodruff obliged, and also did the proxy work for Christopher Columbus, John Wesley, and other prominent men of the past, one hundred in all.” 4 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Unbelievable? Can one believe that the Mormon Church is credible when a president (prophet) of the church claimed that he actually talked to George Washington and all of the signers of the Declaration of Independence almost one hundred years after they were dead? Baptism of the dead is one of the most ludicrous and disconcerting practices of the Mormon Church. It has been said that the Mormon Church spends millions of dollars on researching genealogies in order to do proxy work. Scott writes for example “...the LDS church spent over 125 million dollars [in 1975] on genealogical and proxy work, employing over eighty camera crews just to keep up with microfilming the bales of documents which pour in daily.” 5 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]1. Jerald and Sandra Tanner, Mormonism, Shadow or Reality, Salt Lake City: Utah Lighthouse Ministry, 1982, 454

2. Latayne Colvett Scott, The Mormon Mirage, Grand Rapids, Michigan:, Zondervan Publishing House, 1979, 193 (Taken from The Mormon Mirage by Layayne Colvett Scott. Copyright © 1979 by the Zondervan Corporation. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.)

3. Ibid., 194

4. Ibid.,194-195 (Also, Journal of Discourses, xix, p229)

5. Ibid., 195 (Also McElveen, Will the Saints Go Marching On, p 86)
[/FONT]

Tokens
So after all those things you posted, how exactly is Mormanism a cult while Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are not cults? Because the mythical garden of eden was in Missouri instead of wherever the bible says it was? I think I get it...if their religion disagrees with the bible it's a cult!

Tokens
Mormonism teaches that the American Indians are really Jewish.
(ROFL)

DNA Evidence and Interpretation of the Book of Mormon: Statements on Indian origins by LDS leaders.<o:p> </o:p>
Complied by Eleazar, 2003
<hr> Compiler's note: This document contains published quotes from LDS leaders regarding the identity of the American Indian. The list is not meant to be exhaustive, but it is believed that they provide a fair sampling of similar statements made over the course of many years.<o:p> </o:p>
Up until recently, LDS doctrine has maintained that the American Indian (Amerindian) and other native Indian races of North and South American are literal descendents of Lehi in the Book of Mormon and that the Book of Mormon contains a literal-factual history of the ancient peoples of the Americas. It has been taught in LDS doctrine over many years that Indians are literally and factually Jewish (using vernacular, really Jacobite; tribe of Joseph) in blood and genes, or at least predominantly so. However, controversy about this doctrine has arisen in the past few years due to the use of new DNA fingerprinting methods that can trace genetic lineage with great confidence. These methods have been used on numerous samples from living Indians as well as exhumed bones of their ancestors to show that Indians are predominately of Asian origin, but no evidence has been found to suggest they are of Israelite descent. <o:p> </o:p>
In this continuing controversy, a variety of alternative hypotheses have emerged from those who are reluctant to give up the traditional LDS interpretation regarding the historicity of the Book of Mormon. As a part of these apologetic hypotheses, there also seems to be a subtle effort to distance the modern church from its earlier claims. One alternate hypothesis that is gaining popularity among LDS apologists is that the relevant Lehi-derived Israelite DNA has been enormously diluted by intermingling their DNA with others (e.g. peoples from Asia) and this is purported to be why Israelite DNA has not been found by the DNA fingerprinting studies on Indians. Despite this hypothesis having no scientific evidence whatsoever to support it, LDS scientists generally promulgate it as the hypothesis that is the most believable. More importantly, there seems to be reluctance on the part of LDS scientists to acknowledge or discuss prior interpretations made by LDS leaders on the subject, despite the fact that the Book of Mormon is unarguably a religious document.
It is not the purpose of this compilation to tear at the faith of the LDS religion in their most revered religious document. Rather, it is to suggest that the document should be not be looked upon as a historical record, which for some unspecified reason, many feel is essential to uphold its philosophical/religious value. The complier of these quotes does not claim the Book of Mormon has no value, but rather that its greatest message is sealed (hidden) from those who claim to be custodians of its truth (LDS leaders) as well as from those who miss the point of its meaning by thinking that it is essential for it to be a factual historical record.
If the Book of Mormon is not a literal history of the America's, then what is it? Click here to read a few comments that might get one started in a new direction.
<hr>
Statements made by LDS Leaders on the Identity and Origins of the Lamanite/Indian Peoples
(Again, science has established that Indians are predominantly Asian in genetic origin. Some of the following quotes leave little room for alternative interpretations in regard to what LDS leaders have taught on it):

(We believe).... "That the existing Indian tribes are all direct descendants of Lehi and his company, and that therefore they have sprung from men all of whom were of the house of Israel." -- James E. Talmage, The Articles of Faith, p.293 <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p>
"When Columbus discovered America, the native inhabitants, the American Indians as they were soon to be designated, were a people of mixed blood and origin. Chiefly, they were Lamanites, but such remnants of the Nephite nation as had not been destroyed had, of course, mingled with the Lamanites. Thus the Indians were Jews by nationality.... [since then] there has been [a]... dilution of the pure Lamanitish blood. ... But with it all, the great majority are the descendants of the original inhabitants of the Western Hemisphere, the dominant blood lineage is that of Israel. The Indians are repeatedly called Lamanites in the revelations to.... become again a white and delightsome people as were their ancestors a great many generations ago." -- Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 2nd Ed., 1966, pp. 32-33. <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p><o:p> </o:p>
"... that the Book of Mormon is about the only historical document we have at the present time of this great western world? ... . It tells, briefly, it is true, a story that at once could be accepted by scientists, philologists and all other men who would investigate it. Every year brings to our knowledge something that corroborates that book as a true historical document" -- Andrew Jensen Conference Report, October 1907, p.96 "Here (holding the Book of Mormon in his hand) we present a record of this American continent, a history of a branch of the tribe of Joseph, for nearly 600 years before Christ, and until 420 years after Christ, a history of the Lord's dealings with them from the time they left Jerusalem until one of their principal nations fell in battle, because of their apostacy; and the descendants of the remaining remnant are this degenerated people we call Indians, who still exist. .... which afterwards became a "multitude of nations," according to the blessing pronounced by the ancient patriarch Jacob, when [p.174] blessing his two grandsons, Ephraim and Manasseh." -- Orson Pratt Journal of Discourses Vol. 19, p.173
"We can pray to the Father, in the name of Jesus, to convert these Indian tribes around us ... that they shall be instructed not only in relation to their fathers and the Gospel contained in the record of their fathers... because they are of the blood of Israel" -- Orson Pratt, Journal of Discoursess Vol. 17, p.301, (1875)<o:p> </o:p>
"... the blood of Manasseh is found in the tribes and nations of the Indians of North and South America." -- Hyrum G. Smith, Conf report April 1929, p 123<o:p> </o:p>
"And we have scarcely touched the Indian races. There is an immense field spreading out before the Elders of this Church in the redemption of these poor remnants of the house of Israel. ... But here stretches out before us this immense continent on the south, peopled with descendants of the house of Israel" -- ; George Q Cannon, Collected Discourses Vol. 5, p.269<o:p> </o:p>
"These natives belong to the house of Israel.... The Lord has taken from this race any disposition for improvement even to this day; the best of them consider it a disgrace to work. Whatever drudgery is performed is done by their squaws, or by slaves captured from neighboring, tribes or bands. Ask any of them to work; the reply is, "me big Indian, me no work."... It is prophesied by Nephi as follows: "For after the book [Book of Mormon] of which I have spoken shall come forth, and be written unto the Gentiles, and sealed up again unto the Lord, there shall be many which shall believe the words which are written; and they shall carry them forth unto the remnant of our seed [the present American Indians.] And then shall the remnant of our seed know concerning us, how that we came out from Jerusalem, and that they are descendants of the Jews." -- Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses Vol. 10, p.359<o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p>
"... to serve and to teach hundreds of the children of Father Lehi. One expression of appreciation from an Indian boy included these moving words: "Before I took LDS seminary I didn't have very much to live for. ... I had always felt that Indians could not do things as well as white people. Now I know that I am a child of God. I know that my people are of the house of Israel. ... " -- Neal A. Maxwell Conference Report, October 1970, p.93<o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p>
"I have had the privilege of laboring among the true blood of Israel, through the loins of Joseph, through the two branches of the House of Israel--Ephraim and Manasseh -- a people whom the Lord loves -- a people whom the Lord chastens and forgives because of their great faith." -- E. Wesley Smith Conference Report, October 1950, p.47 <o:p> </o:p>
"Here he [God] has the Indian or Lamanite, with a background of twenty-five centuries of superstition, degradation, idolatry, and indolence.... I present to you a people who, according to prophecies, have been scattered and driven, defrauded and deprived, who are a "branch of the tree of Israel -- lost from its body -- wanderers in a strange land"--their own land.... I beg of you, do not disparage the Lamanite-Nephites ... Do not scoff and ignore these Nephite-Lamanites... Do not prate your power of speech or your fearlessness unless you too could stand with the Prophet Samuel on the city wall, dodging stones and spears and arrows while trying to preach the gospel of salvation. The very descendants of this great prophet are with us. They may be Navajos or Cherokees.... Mayas or Pimas.... Piutes or Mohicans.... And in these living descendants ... will be redeemed, will rise and will become a blessed people. God has said it." Spencer W. Kimball, Conference Report, April 1954, p.106-108<o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p>
"In a sense I do not feel sorry for the Indian people because they are children of promise, belonging as they do to the house of Israel and are the posterity of Abraham, the father of the faithful, through whose lineage the Lord promised that all nations of the earth are to be blessed; therefore, they are a chosen race and people unto God, possessing a divine and royal heritage." Delbert L. Stapley , Conference Report, April 1956, p.56<o:p> </o:p>
"I presume that a majority of the brethren and sisters who are here this afternoon have read in the Book of Mormon the statement made by one of the writers, quoting the words of our Savior, in regard to the city of New Jerusalem, that the Gentiles should be called to assist the Lamanites, or the seed of the house of Israel, in the erection and building of that city. ... I begin to see a little of the preparatory work that I think is going to fit and prepare the seed of Lehi, or the Lamanites, to perform this great and glorious work that has been predicted upon their heads. One of the ancient prophets predicted that kings and queens should be the nursing fathers and nursing mothers of the seed of Israel in the latter days; and I find that, in a sense, this is being fulfilled in the stake over which I preside. The government of the United States, which, I presume, may be classed with the kingdoms of the earth, is establishing schools, and there is one in our neighborhood that I desire to refer to briefly. It is upon the San Juan river, among the Navajo Indians, and is costing several hundreds of thousands of dollars." -- Elder Walter C. Lyman , Conference Report, October 1907, p.86 <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p>
"Guatemala is a country of about three million people. About half of them still dress in the Indian costume of a thousand or two thousand years back. They are wonderful people, very simple.... . I went... to present them with a Book of Mormon. I started to say, "I come to give you a copy of the Book of Mormon, a history of your people," and two chiefs immediately arose on their feet, and I started to say, "You are of the house of Israel," but before I could get it out of my mouth they jumped to their feet and said, "We are of the House of Israel." Elder Gordon M. Romney, Conference Report, April 1957, p.80<o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p>
"That is the destiny of our Indian tribes... the Lord has rewarded unto them double for all the sins that were committed by their ancient fathers in their apostacy, and when he has visited them in judgment according to the prophecies that are contained in this Book of Mormon, and the times of the Gentiles who noir occupy this land are fulfilled, then the Lord will make have his arm, and he will redeem these remnants of Israel, that they may inherit the blessings promised to their ancient fathers." -- Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses Vol. 16, p.353 (1874)<o:p> </o:p>
"Neither will He suffer that the Gentiles shall destroy the seed of thy brethren"—that is, the Lamanites proper. They were not to be permitted to destroy Nephi's seed that should be mingled among the Lamanites, nor should they be permitted to destroy the Lamanites—that is, the descendants of Laman and Lemuel. Nephi predicted this. To-day it is said that the Indians will perish, and that it is impossible to save them. Here is the word of God recorded in this sacred book. ... And strange to say—if anything can be said to be strange connected with the work of God—the descendants of those ancient covenant people of the Lord, have gladly received the testimony of the servants of God. Wherever we have gone and mingled with those people, with those Red Men, and been able to communicate to them the truths of which we are in possession, which God has revealed to us, ... and everywhere where those men with red skins dwell, they have gladly received the testimony of God's servants concerning the Gospel, and they rejoice in its fullness and in the knowledge that their fathers once possessed, and of the redemption that Jesus Christ has wrought out for them." -- George Q Cannon, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 25, p.124, (1884)

Defender of the Faith
Tokens
Can you imagine if Romney entered the election of 1848 and said, "Well, I belong to a religion that was formed three years ago in the State of Missouri, please vote for me?" What a joke. Just because an extra 160 years have gone by, what makes these guys any more credible than the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Tokens
For those truly interested in researching the history and truth
about Mormonism, this book is a fascinating read, and an
exhaustive resource:

One Nation Under Gods: A History of the Mormon Church (Paperback)<!--aoeui-->
by Richard Abanes (Author)

http://http://www.amazon.com/One-Nation-Under-Gods-History/dp/1568582838/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1196996700&sr=8-1

Editorial Reviews
From Library Journal
A conservative Christian writer and director of the Religious Information Center in Southern California, Abanes presents an unvarnished history of Mormonism. As in some of his other works, such as End-Time Visions: The Road to Armageddon, his intention here is primarily to expose falsehoods and contradictions. In the process, he has created a chronological account of Mormonism that includes many things often intentionally suppressed by leaders of the Latter-day Saints (LDS). Abanes knows his facts and documents his material with careful footnotes, creating a good counterweight to the one-sided image presented in LDS-approved histories. He makes use of private journals and secular articles of the times as well as a wide range of scholarly writings. The resulting book gives a piercing historical overview of Mormon teachings and development. It also looks at contemporary Mormonism and the controversial changes in language and policy, which have resulted in the projection of a more mainstream image. This well-researched and readable history will be of interest to anyone seeking an objective Mormon history and is recommended for both academic and public libraries. C. Robert Nixon, M.L.S., Lafayette, IN
Copyright 2002 Cahners Business Information, Inc. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

Book Description
Founded in 1830, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was initially perceived as a movement of polygamous, radical zealots; now in parts of the U.S. it has become synonymous with the establishment. In reevaluating its preoccupation with issues of church and state, Abanes uncovers the political agenda at Mormonism’s core: the transformation of the world into a theocratic kingdom under Mormon authority. This illustrated edition has been revised and offers a new postscript by the author.

From the Publisher
Many people believe that Mormonism, also known as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS), is just another Christian denomination seeking the world's betterment. But there was a time in America when the Mormon church was seen as little more than a cult-like collection of polygamous, religious zealots seeking the political overthrow of the United States. This aspect of Mormon history, dating back to Palmyra, New York, in the early 1800s, is but one facet of an enthralling saga laced with all the elements of an action-packed Hollywood movie: sex, lust, violence, greed, murder, deceit, and betrayal. Nevertheless, Mormonism has managed to emerge as one of the world's wealthiest and most influential religions. In fact, it wields more economic power more effectively than any other organized religion in existence. Now, investigative religion journalist Richard Abanes -- author of End-Time Visions: The Road to Armageddon? and a highly regarded authority on cults, the occult, new religious movements, and the religious fringe -- examines the fascinating history of Mormonism in its entirety. Using exhaustive documentation, Abanes reveals the origins of Mormonism, the socioeconomic factors that contributed to its growth, its ongoing political agenda, and its religious teachings. Moreover, Abanes details what may be some of the most intriguing, yet rarely discussed, events in LDS history that continue to make it one of the most controversial of all religions.
One Nation Under Gods will appeal to anyone interested in Mormon history, cults, the religious evolution of the United States, and humanity's perennial desire to find spiritual fulfilment -- a desire too often pursued at any cost. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

From the Back Cover
"Richard Abanes succeeds in detailing not just the LDS Church's quest for religious supremacy, but also its desire for economic and political dominance in order to pave the way for the Kingdom of God on Earth. Joseph Smith's occult practices, the creation of the Book of Mormon, the mysterious Danite assassins, Joseph Smith's murder, the Mormon move to Utah, blood atonement killings, polygamy, Mormon cover-ups and conspiracies -- all are discussed in this volume. One Nation Under Gods is a well-written and absorbing book that is ideal for anyone wanting a concise, accurate, and easy-to-understand history of Mormonism from its inception to the present."
SANDRA TANNER
Great-Great Grandchild of Brigham Young
This book is sure to stir up things in both the Mormon and Christian religious communities. No one challenges accepted religious doctrines, ideologies, and behaviors more cogently and bravely than Richard Abanes, and with One Nation Under Gods he has once again triumphed in bringing to light matters most religious leaders would rather leave buried. One Nation Under Gods is a triumph of research and wisdom."
MICHAEL SHERMER
Publisher of Skeptic Magazine and author of
How We Believe: The Search for God in An Age of Science
Abanes has produced a unique and fascinating book that reveals not only the true and complete history of Mormonism from its nineteenth century origins to the 2002 Olympics, but also documents many of those rarely discussed aspects of Mormon history known only to serious investigators of Mormonism's past. Although One Nation Under Gods is documented as meticulously as any scholarly work, it reads more like the screenplay to a fast-paced action movie. Interested persons of every reading level will appreciate its content as well as its style."
HANK HANEGRAAFF

Tokens
Why should it matter if the religion was created 160 years ago in Missouri or 2000 years ago in Rome? What makes Christians (or people of any other religion) more credible?

Can you imagine if Romney entered the election of 1848 and said, "Well, I belong to a religion that was formed three years ago in the State of Missouri, please vote for me?" What a joke. Just because an extra 160 years have gone by, what makes these guys any more credible than the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Tokens
So after all those things you posted, how exactly is Mormanism a cult while Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are not cults? Because the mythical garden of eden was in Missouri instead of wherever the bible says it was? I think I get it...if their religion disagrees with the bible it's a cult!

A reasonable question. Here's something to ponder. There is
absolutely no archeological or historical evidence for truth in the
claims that Mormonism makes.

No Archaeological Evidence To Support The Book Of Mormon
As the Mormon church was claiming at one point that the Book of Mormon was used by the National Geographic Society in order to locate ancient archaeological sites, Mr. Larson felt the need to write to the National Geographic Society for confirmation. This was their response.
<hr> National Geographic Society
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20036
January 11, 1990
Dear Mr. Larson:
Thank you for writing to the National Geographic Society.
The Society has never used the Book of Mormon to locate archaeological sites, and we do not believe that any of the places named in the Book of Mormon can be placed geographically by the evidence of archaeology. So far as we know there is no archaeological evidence to verify the history of early peoples of the Western Hemisphere as presented in the Book of Mormon.
I hope you will find this information useful.
Yours truly,
Pamela Tucci
Research Correspondence

Compare that to all the history and archeological evidence in the
Bible:
http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/

Defender of the Faith
Tokens
Why should it matter if the religion was created 160 years ago in Missouri or 2000 years ago in Rome? What makes Christians (or people of any other religion) more credible?

I agree, they are not more credible. I wasn't defending Christianity.

Tokens
Mormon chicks are DIRTY...toss your salad Dirty.

And that's all I got to say about that..

Tokens

Good question.

If you do the research, even if you don't believe that Jesus rose from
the dead (which I believe is true, and the evidence clearly supports)
one has to conclude that he was a wise man that did great things.

If you do the research on Joseph Smith and the history of the
Mormon Church, you'll find that he was a total charlatan and
a con man.

Brigham young was a pedophile who as a leader in the church,
assisted other pedophiles in raping children. Do the research,
and you'll see I am right.

I'm still here Mo-fo's
Tokens
I had accounts in Utah, Salt Lake area, and I can tell you one thing.....holy shit the chicks are hot!!! They definitely have preserved the gene pool there.

And, them gals loved to "get dirty" lol

Only bummer, no two-fisted drinkin' in Mormon land.

Militant Birther
Tokens
Mormonism isn't a cult.

The main difference between a cult and a religion (other than longevity and acceptance) is in a cult you cannot leave without repercussions.

Radical Islam is a cult.

Tokens
If you do the research, even if you don't believe that Jesus rose from
the dead (which I believe is true, and the evidence clearly supports)

:lolBIG: The evidence clearly supports "Jesus" rising from the dead. Sure man. Have fun with your brand of cult...err...religion.

Defender of the Faith
Tokens
Mormonism isn't a cult.

The main difference between a cult and a religion (other than longevity and acceptance) is in a cult you cannot leave without repercussions.

Radical Islam is a cult.

You just make stuff up as you go, don't you?

I'm still here Mo-fo's
Tokens
:lolBIG: The evidence clearly supports "Jesus" rising from the dead. Sure man. Have fun with your brand of cult...err...religion.

Last laugh may end up being at your expense dude. Regardless what you think, it ain't gonna change what happened.

Tokens
Mormonism isn't a cult.

Radical Islam is a cult.

Joe,

You are clearly wrong on this one.

Cults have sociological, psychological and theological aspects.

Mormonism has cultic tendencies in all these areas, my main
criticism is in the theological and sociological areas.

"A very common definition in the sociology of religion for cult is one of the four terms making up the church-sect typology. Under this definition, a cult refers to a religious group with a high degree of tension with the surrounding society combined with novel religious beliefs. This is distinguished from sects, which have a high degree of tension with society but whose beliefs are traditional to that society, and ecclesias and denominations, which are groups with a low degree of tension and traditional beliefs." (from Wiki)

Read the Wiki page on Cult for more explanations on the
definitions of a cult.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult

"Here we go again"
Tokens
I'd say organized religion is a cult. Religion and spirtuality should be personal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bodyhealthtechofficia
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com