Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

View Poll Results: Who is going to hit the most HR's?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Griffey

48 81.36%
  • Bruce

11 18.64%

Thread: Who's going to have more career homers? Griffey or Bruce

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinsRaj28 View Post
    Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Do you realize how many players in the history of baseball have played, and how many have hit 600 home runs?

Just a matter of staying healthy? You are fucking insane. Please shut the fuck up forever. This is even worse than the Hornets/Saints threads, and I didn't think that was possible.
    took the words right out of my mouth.

better poll......

does chop blow 5star or does 5star blow chop????

Quote Originally Posted by fhmesq44 View Post
    Just so I have this, 2300 total yards, 161 receptions (which, if I remember correctly from a post of yours creaming over how great Bush and Colston were, is the second most in the history of the league through 2 seasons) and 14 TDs in 28 games is a bust, correct? Sounds like you are spot on with that prediction.

BTW, the best thing proven in that thread is how much of a homer idiot you are.

Bush on SC = Bush is a bust
    Bush on NO = Bush is great
    NO O Line blows and Bush gets hurt = Bush is a bust
    The Saints have one of the best, if not the best offensive line in the NFL.
    I dont know where you get the idea that the Saints O-line blows.

Although the title read Reggie Bust, I dont think he is a complete failure. Is he doing what the #1 pick of the entire draft should do? Not a chance. Is he a complete bust? No

But we are not talking about if Bush is a bust or not for the sake of this thread. What we are talking about is GO2GUY told me to STFU because I should never compare a rookie to a future HOFer (Griffey vs Bruce).

All I was pointing out was he was comparing Bush to the greatest running back in the history of football before he even took his first snap.

Quote Originally Posted by CHOPTALK View Post
    Although the title read Reggie Bust, I dont think he is a complete failure. Is he doing what the #1 pick of the entire draft should do? Not a chance. Is he a complete bust? No
    That's because he wasn't the #1 pick of the entire draft.

Quote Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
    That's because he wasn't the #1 pick of the entire draft.
    #2 only because of a contract situation.

Bottomline, he may not be a bust, but he certainly aint no Barry Sanders.

Deal.
    Didn't I teach you already that you suck in sportsbetting when I took 500 off you 2 different times.

Lets just keep it at a grand and be happy!

Smell like "lemon juice and Pledge furniture cleaner." go2guy's Avatar
    Hell I got time to burn tonight. So what does my prediction on Reggie Bush have anything to do with your attention whore post? You know damn well you can't compare a future HOFer with a rookie just called up from the minors. Your comparision is idiotic. It would be like you creaming over Jeff Francoeur or whoever is the latest call up...oh wait, looks like you've done that before. You're one of those favor of the month idiots that jacks off to whoever ESPN tells you is da man at that moment. Get a life and try to find a personality along the way.

griff

The Saints have one of the best, if not the best offensive line in the NFL.
    I dont know where you get the idea that the Saints O-line blows.

But we are not talking about if Bush is a bust or not for the sake of this thread. What we are talking about is GO2GUY told me to STFU because I should never compare a rookie to a future HOFer (Griffey vs Bruce).

All I was pointing out was he was comparing Bush to the greatest running back in the history of football before he even took his first snap.

Quote Originally Posted by go2guy View Post
    Hell I got time to burn tonight. So what does my prediction on Reggie Bush have anything to do with your attention whore post? You know damn well you can't compare a future HOFer with a rookie just called up from the minors. Your comparision is idiotic. It would be like you creaming over Jeff Francoeur or whoever is the latest call up...oh wait, looks like you've done that before. You're one of those favor of the month idiots that jacks off to whoever ESPN tells you is da man at that moment. Get a life and try to find a personality along the way.
    WOW!!!

So you are saying that I cant compare a rookie to Ken Griffey, but you can compare Reggie Bush to Barry Sanders.

I cant compare a player that just got called up from the minors, but you can compare a player that had not even played one down of football in the NFL to Barry Sanders.
    You dont get what im saying? You did the same exact thing in the Reggie Bush thread that I am doing in this thread.

The only difference is I let you have your say even though I did not agree with it. But you had to call me an idiot for doing the same exact thing you did in the Reggie Bush thread.

Thats what your Reggie Bush comparision has to do with my Bruce comparision.

WOW!!!

So you are saying that I cant compare a rookie to Ken Griffey, but you can compare Reggie Bush to Barry Sanders.

I cant compare a player that just got called up from the minors, but you can compare a player that had not even played one down of football in the NFL to Barry Sanders.
    You dont get what im saying? You did the same exact thing in the Reggie Bush thread that I am doing in this thread.

The only difference is I let you have your say even though I did not agree with it. But you had to call me an idiot for doing the same exact thing you did in the Reggie Bush thread.

Thats what your Reggie Bush comparision has to do with my Bruce comparision.
    Chop, we all feel like idiots when we enter your threads.

Honey Badger Don't Give A Shit barman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinsRaj28 View Post
    Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Do you realize how many players in the history of baseball have played, and how many have hit 600 home runs?

Just a matter of staying healthy? You are fucking insane. Please shut the fuck up forever. This is even worse than the Hornets/Saints threads, and I didn't think that was possible.
    I absolutely-doodely agree with this post....every damn word of it

Chop...you are going insane...really don't care if Bruce gets to 500 because I will be dead before then...but you will be alive and posting some more idiot threads stating that some running back from the Saints will have 50 TD's in a season..

RX Junior
    Im a Reds fan and I think its just plain dumb to even compare the two Bruce has been up one week. The other teams will figure him out and he will come back to earth, Im not saying he is not good but come on he wont maintain this pace.

Quote Originally Posted by VIEJO DINOSAUR View Post
    Chop...you are going insane...really don't care if Bruce gets to 500 because I will be dead before then...but you will be alive and posting some more idiot threads stating that some running back from the Saints will have 50 TD's in a season..
    Come on VD...It's not that farfetched. Just gotta give him the ball more often.

Through the smoke comes clarity BigMike56's Avatar
    This is the dumbest question I have ever seen posed on this forum! You are asking to compare a sure fire hall of fame player to a kid who has played in the major leagues for one week?! That is an absolute embarrassment! I will bet you whatever you want that he wont have has many home runs as Willie McGee!

I know you take a lot of shit from many posters on here, and before this I thought that you at least had a decent idea about baseball.... this however reveals a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike56 View Post
    This is the dumbest question I have ever seen posed on this forum! You are asking to compare a sure fire hall of fame player to a kid who has played in the major leagues for one week?! That is an absolute embarrassment! I will bet you whatever you want that he wont have has many home runs as Willie McGee!

I know you take a lot of shit from many posters on here, and before this I thought that you at least had a decent idea about baseball.... this however reveals a lot.
    I will be willing to bet you up to 10K that he hits more homers than Willie McGee. You must be kidding with that comment. But if your not im willing to bet you any amount of money.

Hell I will even spot you 100 homers,I take that back, I will spot you 300 homers.
    You must mean somebody else besides willie McGee. Did you mean Willie McCovey or Willie Moe Pena, or Willie Wonky.
    You had to be thinking of some Willie besides Willie McGee.
    If you really think my boy is not going to hit more homers than McGee that reveals a lot to me about your baseball knowledge.

As a matter of fact, I would be willing to bet that my boy has more homers by the all-star break of 2010 than McGee had his whole career.

Heck I will go on record as saying my boy will have more homers by the end of next season than Willie Mcgee.

Through the smoke comes clarity BigMike56's Avatar
    My comment about Willie McGee was in jest, however it is more likely that my comparison will hold true rather than yours. Bruce looks solid... no question about that, but soooo much can happen in a players career. How many young guys fade away never to be heard of again. For Bruce's sake i hope this does not happen, but you have to admit besides this being a ridiculous comparison, it is 2 or 3 years premature.

For what it is worth I have no idea how many HR's McGee had I didnt care enough to look, I was attempting to show how asinine your poll is, Bruce may already have more for all I know.

RX Senior
    Dude. Seriously? Give me however much money you want on Griffey. I'm at a loss for words at the stupidity of this question. 600 home run hitters don't come around very often. I'll bet that Bruce never hits over 40 in a big league season. You and 5star really take the cake when it comes to semi-functional retards. The guy's been up for what, a week? This is about the same as asking if Chris Young is going to hit more than Griffey in his career. Is Braun going to too? What about Hunter Pence? Miguel Cabrera? Prince Fielder? The list goes on--all of those guys have as much, if not more power than Bruce--and none of them will be close to Griffey, or likely even 500, when they're done.
    Get a fucking clue.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike56 View Post
    My comment about Willie McGee was in jest, however it is more likely that my comparison will hold true rather than yours. Bruce looks solid... no question about that, but soooo much can happen in a players career. How many young guys fade away never to be heard of again. For Bruce's sake i hope this does not happen, but you have to admit besides this being a ridiculous comparison, it is 2 or 3 years premature.

For what it is worth I have no idea how many HR's McGee had I didnt care enough to look, I was attempting to show how asinine your poll is, Bruce may already have more for all I know.
    I think he had about 75.

Quote Originally Posted by asufan550 View Post
    Dude. Seriously? Give me however much money you want on Griffey. I'm at a loss for words at the stupidity of this question. 600 home run hitters don't come around very often. I'll bet that Bruce never hits over 40 in a big league season. You and 5star really take the cake when it comes to semi-functional retards. The guy's been up for what, a week? This is about the same as asking if Chris Young is going to hit more than Griffey in his career. Is Braun going to too? What about Hunter Pence? Miguel Cabrera? Prince Fielder? The list goes on--all of those guys have as much, if not more power than Bruce--and none of them will be close to Griffey, or likely even 500, when they're done.
    Get a fucking clue.
    For what its worth I predicted that AROD would break Hank Aarons record when he was a rookie.

I bet if I would have started a thread back then saying that you guys would have thought I was nuts.

Not practical to make a bet on something that will take 12 years to fullfill. Otherwise, I would be interested.

For what its worth I predicted that AROD would break Hank Aarons record when he was a rookie.

I bet if I would have started a thread back then saying that you guys would have thought I was nuts.

Not practical to make a bet on something that will take 12 years to fullfill. Otherwise, I would be interested.
    I see you like blowing yourself too. I said Kobe would win more than one championship too %^_

Everybody STFU and move on to another thread! This one's is played.

NO....this concept has potential

WHO"S GOING TO THROW MORE CAREER TD PASSES?

That high-level freshman prospect at the University of Whatzit or Peyton Manning?

That high-level freshman prospect at the University of Whatzit or Peyton Manning?

great post. Griffey top 5 EVER or some guy who has played a week.

HEY CHOP didn't you write a paper on this COMPARING BOB HORNER to HANK AARON etc. KEVIN MAAS to Mickey Mantle.... BriAN DAUBACH TO tED WILLIAMS.

THIS THREAD IS RETARTED.

RX Senior
    It's threads like this that keep me coming back to this forum. Just fantastic.