Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

View Poll Results: Who is going to hit the most HR's?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Griffey

48 81.36%
  • Bruce

11 18.64%

Thread: Who's going to have more career homers? Griffey or Bruce

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Honey Badger Don't Give A Shit barman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5teamparlay View Post

HEY CHOP didn't you write a paper on this COMPARING BOB HORNER to HANK AARON etc. KEVIN MAAS to Mickey Mantle.... BriAN DAUBACH TO tED WILLIAMS.
    Jack Cust to Jimmy Foxx

Aaron Rowand to Willie Mays

Bill Hall to Eddie Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by CHOPTALK View Post
    The Saints have one of the best, if not the best offensive line in the NFL.
    I dont know where you get the idea that the Saints O-line blows.

Although the title read Reggie Bust, I dont think he is a complete failure. Is he doing what the #1 pick of the entire draft should do? Not a chance. Is he a complete bust? No

But we are not talking about if Bush is a bust or not for the sake of this thread. What we are talking about is GO2GUY told me to STFU because I should never compare a rookie to a future HOFer (Griffey vs Bruce).

All I was pointing out was he was comparing Bush to the greatest running back in the history of football before he even took his first snap.

Wrong, not even close to one of the best offensive lines in football. What the hell are you smoking? Not a good run blocking line at all, and they throw quick passes to hide them as well.

Ct. USA, home of the 2nd, 3rd, and 106th chance
    Bruce has 50 homerun pop according to the scouts. But im sure you know more about him then they do.

I want to meet the scouts that say he has 50 plus tater power.
    The most he ever hit in the minors was 26, and that was in single 'A' where the parks are bandboxes and the pitching is crap.

Before joining the show, he had 10 in 184 AB's, (pro rate that out to 30 for a full season).

Bruce is a very nice hitter, I say he averages 28-32 per season in the bigs, certainly not 50.

I love these Bruce supporters, they remind me of the Peralta supports 3 years ago when they dubbed him the best SS in the game.
    How's that working out?

Woah, woah, Daddy's wrong, Mommy's right. fhmesq44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billhill999 View Post
    The most he ever hit in the minors was 26, and that was in single 'A' where the parks are bandboxes and the pitching is crap.

Before joining the show, he had 10 in 184 AB's, (pro rate that out to 30 for a full season).

Bruce is a very nice hitter, I say he averages 28-32 per season in the bigs, certainly not 50.

I love these Bruce supporters, they remind me of the Peralta supports 3 years ago when they dubbed him the best SS in the game.
    How's that working out?
    About as well as Jeff Francoeur, but Chopliar waited a whole 20 games to annoint him Mickey Mantle.

http://therxforum.com/showthread.php...ight=francoeur

Jeff Francoeur the greatest rookie since Pujols!!!

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by billhill999 View Post

How's that working out?
    It's all about longevity. Aaron hit 755 by averaging 33 a year and never hitting more than 47 in a season. He only hit more than 40 8 times in his career. With the money being paid, kids nowadays will not stick around 23 seasons like Hank did. They get there 10 years and get out.

More evidence to my theory....Chop is a paid plant of the Rx to drive traffic.

Because no one could dream up this stuff on their own without getting paid to do it.

HW

Of course its way to early, but can we at least give us red fans some hope that he just turns out to be even CLOSE to as good as JR?

Just be good and help make the reds a contender and I will be more than happy

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by fhmesq44 View Post
    About as well as Jeff Francoeur, but Chopliar waited a whole 20 games to annoint him Mickey Mantle.

http://therxforum.com/showthread.php...ight=francoeur

Jeff Francoeur the greatest rookie since Pujols!!!
    I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt until I read the Francoeur thread.

This by far may be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum to compare this rookie with around 30 AB's to one of the greatest OF's I've ever seen play in the big leagues.

I know Griffey has lost a step due to injuries and age but when he entered the league at 19 he was amazing at the plate and in the OF. He has done what less than 1% to ever play the game have done with his power numbers. To compare a good but young kid to this made me take 3 years back in my stupidity level.

Francoeur, now Bruce. What's next? Kevin Durant will score more points then Michael Jordan?

down around the corner just across the tracks
    I remember being in Tahoe and betting the Brewers vs Mariners seemed like a no brianer.

This is when Brew crue was still an AL team,any way I won the bet but no thanks to Jr. as in this game he was a one man wrecking crew with his glove and his bat.

I remember turning to my buddy and saying Griffey is killing us.

Had he stayed in Seattle think things would of been different as they keep him others might of stayed.

Seattles mgt is all fucked up!

I wonder if Lil' Chop creamed his pants at little league practice in 1979 over how it was just a matter of "staying healthy" for Willie Mays Aikens before he would hit more bombs than the man after which he was named.

Home of the Cincinnati Criminals. bigbet1234's Avatar
    :wtf:

I've come to put my house in order The Pig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasin4000 View Post
    Didn't I teach you already that you suck in sportsbetting when I took 500 off you 2 different times.

Lets just keep it at a grand and be happy!
    this joker actually paid you a dime??
    I figured he's 17 and living with his parents.

I've come to put my house in order The Pig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barman View Post
    Jack Cust to Jimmy Foxx

Aaron Rowand to Willie Mays

Bill Hall to Eddie Matthews

mike hampton to warrren spahn, marques colston to jerry rice, drew bress to dan marino

I say vee cut off your Chonson !!!! RupertPupkin's Avatar
    Griffey has had 9060 Major League At Bats
    Bruce has had 1350 Minor League At Bats

Griffey HR/AB 1/15
    Bruce HR/AB 1/22

Griffey K/AB 1/5.5
    Bruce K/AB 1/4

So far, Bruce is having an amazing career- all one week of it. I mean Josh Hamilton has a shot at 190 Rbis this season and Chipper Jones to bat .400 but those are premature objectives much the same as Bruce getting 600 dingers. When you look at the number of people who have played the game and how many have achieved set milestones well its mind boggling. Griffeys ratios are big in comparision with Bruce, and those are just the bare basics. Think of how many homers Griffey would have if he stayed healthy, but thats a big IF. What IF Ted Williams never went to war? We will never know.

But we do know only FIVE players in the hisory of Major League baseball which dates back to late 1800's for statistics, only five men who ever suited up for a professional Big league ballgame have ever hit 600 or more home runs. And while Jay Bruce has looked marvelous in the 8 games he's played in the bigs with 3 homers already under his belt at the ripe age of 21. He has a looooooooooooooooooooooong way to go before we start making predictions of grandeur and immortality.

RX Senior
    This is quite possibly the most retarded thread ever created in the history of the internet.

One of, if not the(in some eyes), greatest natural home run hitter of ALL TIME, versus a 2 week old rookie.

Whatever combination of drugs you are on must be good, because you're mind is MESSED UP.

I still want to know who the two people that agree with Chopliar are. The most logical answer to that is that Chopliar has two ghosts.

RX Semi-God
    Now that Bruce is cooling off a little and averaging 1 HR per 17.75 AB's do you still think he's catching Griffey?

griffey 602

Bruce 4

Just a matter of staying healthy I think.
    Could you imagine how many homers Jr would have right now if he never got hurt?

We are talking maybe something insane like 950 homers if he never got hurt.

Bruce is looking really good. Who do you think ends up with the most?
    i guess after 6 pm its stupid fuckin question time !!!!

RX Junior
    Just a matter of staying healthy I think.
    Could you imagine how many homers Jr would have right now if he never got hurt?

We are talking maybe something insane like 950 homers if he never got hurt.

Bruce is looking really good. Who do you think ends up with the most?

I will have some of that stuff Chop is smokin.

Griffey 603

Bruce 4

Quote Originally Posted by 5teamparlay View Post
    Griffey 603

Bruce4
    hey he is closing in, the gap is under 600 homers. I cant remember the poster but henhouse used to make fun of him for picking a horse to win and it finished last like 30 lengths off the lead. This is pretty close to that.

just wait any second now chops syndicate is going to move this pole.

RX Senior
    two on and two out last night in the bottom of the eighth and jay bruce is due up. but wait, he gets called back and gets pinched hit for.

Maybe Chop meant De La Rosa of the Cubs...he has a better chance to catch Griffey...