Forum: NFL Football Forum - Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting NFL football here.

Thread: NFL Pre Season...Build the Bankroll

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    You just never know with preseason...last year we got the breaks...this year...not so much.

A very strong card tonight...but I haven't exactly been tearing it up lately.

Good luck!

Saturday, August 22

<table class="thepicks"><tbody><tr class="datahead"> <td width="32%">Game</td> <td width="15%">Score</td> <td width="15%">Status</td> <td width="29%">Pick</td> <td width="9%">Amount</td> </tr> <tr class="firstline"> <td> Carolina </td> <td> - </td> <td>7:30 PM ET</td> <td>Carolina +3</td> <td>500</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Miami </td> <td> - </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr class="firstline"> <td> Pittsburgh </td> <td> - </td> <td>7:30 PM ET</td> <td>Washington -3</td> <td>500</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Washington </td> <td> - </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr class="firstline"> <td> San Diego </td> <td> - </td> <td>10:00 PM ET</td> <td>San Diego +2.5</td> <td>500</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Arizona </td> <td> - </td> <td> </td> <td> </td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table class="data" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="highlight"><td class="center">7-8-1</td> <td>46.67%</td> <td>-$900</td> <td>
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

Had the line movement on 2 of the 3 picks yesterday with the Titans moving back towards +3 near gametime. Tough break, BOL today.

looks like 3 winners to me.
    At worst, a 2-1 day. Good luck!

RX Member
    Thanks MJ

We need a good run, good luck.

RX Member
    nothing on the 49ers/Raiders????
    i dont see any way in the world that the 49ers dont BLOW out the Raiders. they had joint practices this week and the Raiders were destroyed in every facet of the game according to all reports, even the reports from Raiders reporters. i dont post picks but...
    49ers -2.5 is as close to a lock as i have seen in the Pre-season so far..

RX Junior
    Bucs over 31.0
    Carolina over 30.5
    Oakland over 31.5

nickels all around
    all overz... Buyin 3 pts

Dogfather
    eeks said
    nothing on the 49ers/Raiders????
    i dont see any way in the world that the 49ers dont BLOW out the Raiders. they had joint practices this week and the Raiders were destroyed in every facet of the game according to all reports, even the reports from Raiders reporters. i dont post picks but...
    49ers -2.5 is as close to a lock as i have seen in the Pre-season so far..
    The only way you can think your "close to a lock" pick will blow out the Raiders, is if you know the QB rotation for both teams. Without knowing this, in a practice game, it will be very hard to find a reason to bet on either team.

So, if you really do have the QB rotations, please post them here in your thread so everyone can see that maybe you do have a very strong play. All I know is that Smith is starting for the Niners and will play near or all the way to halftime. I would like the Niners a lot more if Hill were spiltting time with Smith. As for the Raiders mature coach throwing a punch at one of his Asst. Coaches, I don't think it will affect the players at all. Trying to make the team is the only thing the players think about.

AND WITH ALL THAT SAID, I'M GOING TO PLAY THE NINERS AS A MEDIUM PLAY, NOT AS A LOCK

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thesandman1 View Post
    eeks saidThe only way you can think your "close to a lock" pick will blow out the Raiders, is if you know the QB rotation for both teams. Without knowing this, in a practice game, it will be very hard to find a reason to bet on either team.

So, if you really do have the QB rotations, please post them here in your thread so everyone can see that maybe you do have a very strong play. All I know is that Smith is starting for the Niners and will play near or all the way to halftime. I would like the Niners a lot more if Hill were spiltting time with Smith. As for the Raiders mature coach throwing a punch at one of his Asst. Coaches, I don't think it will affect the players at all. Trying to make the team is the only thing the players think about.

AND WITH ALL THAT SAID, I'M GOING TO PLAY THE NINERS AS A MEDIUM PLAY, NOT AS A LOCK
    Smith will start and play aprox. 15 plays, then Hill will finish out the half and possibly into the 3rd.
    as far as the Raiders it really dont matter, if they run every play they have a better chance.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Quote Originally Posted by DmoneyOneTre View Post
    Bucs over 31.0
    Carolina over 30.5
    Oakland over 31.5

nickels all around
    all overz... Buyin 3 pts
    Good Job 3-0 with those overs.

And MJ 2-1 on the night

RX Member
    One muffed punt in the final 5min ruined a potential undefeated night...

The only solace to be had is that I hope that guy now gets cut.

Nothing tonight...it's been a flat preseason this year for me.

<table class="data" id="ctrl_leaderboard_dgContestLeaders" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="my-stats"><td class="center">9-9-1</td><td>50.00%</td><td>-450</td><td>View</td><td>View</td><td>

RX Member
    I wouldn't necessarily say that. You only had 1 losing night win-loss wise - which was a very bad night, but it was because of 2 brutal beats - StL throwing a pick in the endzone and KC not getting it done 1st and goal from the 1 in the final minute of the game. It seems to be a holding pattern right now around .500 until you churn out some 3-0's to really bust through. Hopefully it will happen before the regular season comes about so you can claim a winning NFL preseason to the list of your accomplishments. Either way, I look forward to your NBA. That is where you really lay the lumber and business gets done.

Just wondering, do you do NBA preseason?

I'm running late today...and I don't usually do much in week 3.

But this look pretty good.

Good luck!

Thursday, August 27

<table class="thepicks"><tbody><tr class="datahead"> <td width="32%">Game</td> <td width="15%">Score</td> <td width="15%">Status</td> <td width="29%">Pick</td> <td width="9%">Amount</td> </tr> <tr class="firstline"> <td> Jacksonville </td> <td> - </td> <td>7:00 PM ET</td> <td>Jacksonville +7.5</td> <td>500</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Philadelphia </td> <td> - </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td></tr></tbody></table>
    <table class="data" id="ctrl_leaderboard_dgContestLeaders" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="my-stats"><td class="center">9-9-1</td><td>50.00%</td><td>-450</td><td>

Mista MJ, thanks for the pick.

RX Member
    Thanks MJ

Nice lateral attempt at the end lmao. But JAX covers, good job MJ.

Got one for tonight after all...

I wouldn't pay much for the hook...NE either smashes them or it's the wrong pick in the first place.

Good luck!

Friday, August 28

<table class="thepicks"><tbody><tr class="datahead"> <td width="32%">Game</td> <td width="15%">Score</td> <td width="15%">Status</td> <td width="29%">Pick</td> <td width="9%">Amount</td> </tr> <tr class="firstline"> <td> New England </td> <td> - </td> <td>8:00 PM ET</td> <td>New England -3.5</td> <td>500</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Washington </td> <td> - </td> <td> </td> <td> </td> <td> </td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="data" id="ctrl_leaderboard_dgContestLeaders" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="my-stats"><td class="center">10-9-1</td><td>52.63%</td><td>+50</td><td>

I like the 1st half line better than taking the whole game, but I hope we both hit it. BOL!

I want to wrap up the 09 NFL Preseason...not much to brag about this year...we lost 1 unit on the juice.

It's mainly just for entertainment value until the season starts anyway.

Last year was great...this year was flat.

Preseason is hard to do...but its better than nothing while we wait for the real games. I'll try to do it again next year and see what happens.

If it makes anyone feel better the Preseason system is completely unrelated to the regular season system.

Pre Season 09 Record

<table class="data" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="datahead"><td class="left">Date</td> <td class="center">WLT</td> <td>Pct</td> <td>Net Units</td> <td>Record</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="left">08/28/09</td> <td class="center">0-1-0</td> <td>0.00%</td> <td>-550</td> <td>Detail</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="left">08/27/09</td> <td class="center">1-0-0</td> <td>100.00%</td> <td>+500</td> <td>Detail</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="left">08/22/09</td> <td class="center">2-1-0</td> <td>66.67%</td> <td>+450</td> <td>Detail</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="left">08/21/09</td> <td class="center">0-3-0</td> <td>0.00%</td> <td>-1650</td> <td>Detail</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="left">08/15/09</td> <td class="center">2-2-0</td> <td>50.00%</td> <td>-100</td> <td>Detail</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="left">08/14/09</td> <td class="center">3-1-0</td> <td>75.00%</td> <td>+950</td> <td>Detail</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="left">08/13/09</td> <td class="center">2-2-0</td> <td>50.00%</td> <td>-100</td> <td>Detail</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="left">08/09/09</td> <td class="center">0-0-1</td> <td>0.00%</td> <td>0</td> <td>Detail</td> </tr> <tr class="highlight"> <td class="left">Totals</td> <td class="center">10-10-1</td> <td>50.00%</td> <td>-500</td> <td>
    <table id="dtSeasonRecords" class="data" border="0"><tbody><tr class="datahead"><td class="left" width="21%">2009-2010 Season</td><td class="center" width="22%" align="center">WLT</td><td width="18%">Pct</td><td width="18%">Units</td><td width="21%">Rank</td> </tr><tr> <td class="left">ATS Picks</td><td class="center" align="center">7-10-1</td><td>41.18%</td><td>-2000</td><td>4578 of 5871</td> </tr><tr> <td class="left">O/U Picks</td><td class="center" align="center">3-0-0</td><td>100.00%</td><td>+1500</td><td>690 of 5156</td> </tr><tr> <td class="left">All Picks</td><td class="center" align="center">10-10-1</td><td>50.00%</td><td>-500</td><td>2766 of 5938</td></tr></tbody></table>

4 more days til the real football starts, looking forward to your picks.gl this year mj

I suggest you play these small...it's fun to start wagering on the NFL but we should save our money for the best opportunities and those should come during the regular NFL season.

NFL Pre-Season Record 08

15-7-2 68.2% + $3650
    ==============
    NFL Pre-Season Record 09

All Picks 10-10-1 50.00%-500

http://www.therxforum.com/showthread...=605442&page=6

Here is tonights pick...it shows excellent value to me based on some emotional , historical and contrarian angles that I believe in. But...don't go too crazy...it's just pre-season. Who the hell knows what could happen in any Pre-season game? Teams have no real reason to play in a repeatable form.

Please note...the $500 wager amount is just for record keeping purposes. All of the above records are based on $500 wagers...but I do NOT recommend that you wager that much. Keep it reasonable...save your money for when the big boys play for real.

MJ

NFL Preseason 2010
    Thursday, August 19
    Game Score Status Pick Amount
    Indianapolis - 7:30 PM ET Indianapolis +3.5 500
    Buffalo

Record 0-0-0

Preseason NFL picks are currently hitting at 67% ATS , documented system plays.

I have the Bears over tonight...I documented the pick earlier in the week at Over 36.5...currently it is up to 38.5

Obviously I like it much better at 36.5

Overs are still hitting at a 61.5% clip this preseason according to Covers League Trends.

Good luck!
    MJ's NFL Preseason

Saturday, August 28

Game Score Status Pick Amount Arizona - 8:30 PM ET Over 36.5 500 Chicago
    2010 NFL Preseason Documented Record
    4-2-0 66.67% +$900 View

RX Junior
    hey MJ, will you be posting your NFL plays this season?

I'll be here with something for the NFL.

Still deciding on what...I have a lot of options...but yes I will try to share something that I think will be of value.