Servce Plays Saturday 11/8/08

Search
Tokens
TheRX.com Policy on Posting Handicapper Plays:
In the poster agreement that all posters agree to when signing up, posters have agreed to NOT post copyrighted information.
Some handicappers do not mind having their plays posted, If we are asked by any company to not let their information be posted here, we will comply with the request and remove the information if we see it.
For The Record.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To all services and professional handicappers. I am only going to be editing posts where your copyrighted write-ups are involved. Please do not email me if someone simply posts so and so likes xyz team plus or minus so many points only.
Thank you, wilheim..

We have received request from the following companies:
PlusLineSports- Do not post
PowerPlay Wins
The Real Animal
THELOCKOFTHEDAY
Right Angle Sports (RAS)
Tony Karpinski and 3G-Sports
Dr. Bob Sports
madduxsports
Red Zone Sports
Peter Gold at VI
Strike Point Sports
Vegas Sports Informer
Winning Points/Sports Reporter
ASA, ASA Inc’s or American Sports Analysts
Sal Bansa/sportspicks1019
Mikelineback
Larry Ness
Al McMordie
zen_gambler

Tom Stryker
Lenny Delgenio
Scott Spreitzer
Matt Fargo
***** Xl
Doc's Sports Services
Robert Ferringo
Pacific (Pac Star) Sports
The Prez
Mike Rose
LT Profits
Pregame.
- which include (shaker,law,o'shea,jwip,creole,nover,rocketman,d'angelo,vrunner)
Alex Smart
JB Sports
ATS Consultants
Ken Jenkins
AJ Apollo
Jim Avery
Jim Kruger
Paul Stone
Ben Lewis

Lucky Lester
Bruce Marshall
Ted Sevransky (Teddy Covers)
Ben Burns

Fairway Jay
EZ Winners
Pointwise Sports
Alatex Sports
Tennessee Valley Sports
Trushel Sports Consulting
Sports Memo Crew which include:
Rob Veno,Brent Crow,Erin Rynning,Donnie Black,Marty Otto,Jared Klein,David Jones,Ed Cash
Sixth Sense Sports
****Please note we can post Picks ONLY for the services above - NO WRITE - UPS. All other services not on this list can be posted in any fashion. GL!:103631605 <!-- / message -->
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
Scott Ferrall FREE NCAA Football plays

TENNESSEE -26 to Wyoming--The Vols finally kick someones ass for Fulmer

COLORADO -10 to Iowa St--The Cyclones are winless on the road and the Buffs are 4-1 in Boulder

EAST CAROLINA -8.5 to Marshall

WAKE -3.5 to Virginia

NEW MEXICO -3.5 to UNLV--The Lobos gave Utah fits, so they'll take out the Rebels here
11/8/2008

Tokens
EROCKMONEY hitting 64% in college football
Virginia (+4.5)
Nevada (+2.5)
Hawaii (-3)
Georgia (-10)
UL-Lafayette (-9)

Banned
Tokens
Dontcallmejerom--

EARLY SATURDAY TEASER 6pts

MINNESOTA -2
GEORGIA TCH +10

He will release 2 more teasers ans 3-5 SU plays.

Last edited:
Tokens
Dr. Bob CFB

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->7 Best Bets this week and 3 Strong Opinions.
Rotation #113 Nevada (+1) 3-Stars at -1 or better, 2-Stars from -1 1/2 to -3 points.
Rotation #125 Illinois (-7) 2-Stars at -8 or less.
Rotation #136 South Carolina (-12) 3-Stars at -14 or less, 4-Stars at -11 or less, 2-Stars up to -16.
Rotation #147 Army (+11) 3-Stars at +10 or more, 2-Stars down to +7.
Rotation #155 Clemson (+5 1/2) 3-Stars at +4 or more, 2-Stars down to +3.
Rotation #194 USC (-21) 2-Stars at -21 or less.
Rotation #197 New Mexico (-3 1/2) 3-Stars at -4 or less, 2-Stars up to -6.
Thursday Strong Opinion - Rotation #112 Utah (+1 1/2) Strong Opinion at pick or underdog. 2-Star Best Bet at +3 or more.
Strong Opinion - Rotation #137 Georgia (-11) Strong Opinion at -11 or less.
Strong Opinion - Rotation #162 Iowa (+7 1/2) Strong Opinion at +7 or more.
3 Star Selection
***SOUTH CAROLINA (-12.0) 34 Arkansas 10
10:00 AM Pacific, 08-Nov-08
Arkansas has improved since the early season under new coach Bobby Petrino, but the Razorbacks are still not close to South Carolina in terms of talent and the Hogs’ upset win over Tulsa last week sets them up in a very negative 15-55 ATS road letdown situation. Arkansas also applies to a negative 52-130-1 ATS situation that is completely different from the other angle. The situations combine to give South Carolina a 60% chance of covering the spread at a fair line, but I’d be playing the Gamecocks even if there were no favorable situations. South Carolina has one of the top defensive units in the nation, allowing 4.3 yards per play to a schedule of teams that would combine to average 5.8 yppl against an average team and that unit has a huge advantage over an Arkansas attack that is just 0.3 yppl better than average for the season with starting quarterback Casey Dick in the game (5.7 yppl against teams that would allow 5.4 yppl to an average team). Arkansas’ defense is average against both the run and the pass and the Hogs rate as 0.1 yppl better than average overall (5.7 yppl allowed to teams that would combine to average 5.8 yppl). That unit matches up pretty evenly against a mediocre South Carolina offense that I rate as average with current personnel. The Gamecocks are actually 0.7 yppl worse than average overall this season (5.0 yppl against teams that would allow 5.7 yppl), but taking out the horrible stats of game 1 starting quarterback Tommy Beecher and excluding the passing stats of the 3 games that star receiver Kenny McKinley missed gets South Carolina to rate as average. In 4 games since McKinley returned the lineup the Gamecocks have averaged 5.0 yppl against teams that would combine to allow 5.0 yppl, so my adjustments are in line with reality. South Carolina doesn’t have an edge over Arkansas when they have the ball, but they have a huge edge when the Razorbacks have the ball and should be favored by about 20 points in this game. Arkansas has covered the spread in their last 4 games, but I still get South Carolina by 17 points even if I use Arkansas’ last 4 games only. In those 4 games the Razorbacks have actually been slightly worse offensively (5.5 yppl against teams that would allow 5.3 yppl) than they are for the season and they’ve been only slightly better defensively (5.4 yppl allowed to teams that would average 5.7 yppl against an average team), so don’t overreact to their 4 game spread win streak. Combining the math model prediction with the situations give South Carolina a stellar 63% chance of covering at -12 points. I’ll take South Carolina in a 3-Star Best Bet at -14 points or less, for 4-Stars at -11 or less and I’d still play South Carolina as a 2-Star Best Bet up to -16 points.
3 Star Selection
***Army 23 RICE (-11.0) 24
12:00 PM Pacific, 08-Nov-08
Army is an underrated team that covered the spread in 5 consecutive games before last week’s 9 point loss as an 8 point dog to Air Force and the Cadets’ option rushing attack matches up well against a Rice defense that is among the worst in the nation defending the run. The Owls have surrendered 5.9 yards per rushing play to a schedule of teams that would combine to average just 4.7 yprp against an average team, and Army has shown that they can move the ball against teams that don’t defend the run well. The Cadets are a horrible passing team, so being able to run the ball is key for them. They were able to do that in games against Tulane, Eastern Michigan, and Buffalo – averaging 319 rushing yards at 6.2 yprp in those 3 games before having trouble the last two weeks against the good run defenses of Louisiana Tech and Air Force. Army is also well equipped defensively to contain a good, but not great Rice offense that has averaged 6.3 yards pear play against a schedule of teams that would combine to allow 5.9 yppl to an average team. The Owls have scored over 40 points 6 times this season, but 5 of those were against bad defensive teams (SMU, Memphis, North Texas, S. Miss, and UTEP) while the other came against a slightly worse than average Tulane defense. Rice’s offense was held to 21 points or less by the two better than average defensive teams that they’ve faced (Vandy and Texas) and Army is surprisingly good defensively. The Cadets started the season playing horrible defense, but the addition of star LB Stephen Anderson to the lineup in week 5 has made a major impact after Anderson missed the early part of the season. Anderson is already 3rd on the team in tackles despite missing 2 games and barely playing in another, and he has 8.5 tackles for loss and 5 passes defended, which are very good numbers for a linebacker in so few games. With Anderson in the starting lineup the Army defense has allowed just 4.6 yppl and 16 points per game while rating at 0.6 yppl better than average. My math favors Rice by only 3 ½ points in this game and the Cadets apply to a 25-2-2 ATS subset of a 46-13-3 ATS statistical match-up indicator. I’ll take Army in a 3-Star Best Bet at +10 points or more and for 2-Stars from +9 ½ to +7 points.
3 Star Selection
***Clemson 24 FLORIDA ST. (-5.5) 20
12:30 PM Pacific, 08-Nov-08
I won with Clemson last week against an overrated Boston College team and I’ll take the Tigers again versus an overrated Florida State squad. Florida State’s 6-2 record was built against a pretty easy schedule of teams and their 4-2 mark in game against Division 1A competition is misleading given that the Seminoles have only out-gained those teams 5.1 yards per play to 5.0 yppl. After compensating for their opponents, the Seminoles rate at 0.1 yppl worse than average on offense and just 0.2 yppl better than average defensively – which is clearly mediocre. Clemson, meanwhile, is a misleading 2-4 in their 6 games against 1A opposition, as the Tigers have out-gained those teams 5.2 yppl to 4.5 yppl and while the Tigers rate at just average offensively they are 1.2 yppl better than average defensively after adjusting for their opposition. These teams are about the same offensively (both average), but Clemson has a HUGE edge defensively. The reason for Clemson’s 2-4 record in 6 games against 1A foes is a -12 turnover margin in those 6 games. Even with the turnover issues, the Tigers have lost just one game by more than 5 points and that was to #1 Alabama. My math model favors Clemson in this game and Florida State applies to a negative 59-108-2 ATS situation. I’ll take Clemson in a 3-Star Best Bet at +4 points or more and for 2-Stars at +3 ½ or +3 points.
3 Star Selection
***New Mexico (-3.5) 32 UNLV 19
07:00 PM Pacific, 08-Nov-08
The only thing that UNLV had going for them was quarterback Omar Clayton, who averaged an impressive 7.0 yards per pass play with 18 touchdown passes against just 4 interceptions. Clayton was injured against TCU last week and backup Mike Clausen doesn’t appear to be capable of coming anywhere close to Clayton’s production. Clausen has averaged a pathetic 2.7 yppp on his 25 pass plays, but I’ll assume he’ll be considerably better than that given a full week of practice with the first team offense. Based on his limited stats so far, and the normal drop-off between a starter and an inexperienced backup, I’ll rate Clausen at 0.6 yppp worse than average, which is certainly on the generous side of the scale given how poorly he’s performed so far. UNLV is 0.2 yppl better than average for the season offensively, but I’ll rate the Rebels at 0.3 yppl worse than average with Clausen at quarterback. New Mexico is 0.3 yppl better than average defensively, so UNLV won’t have an easy time scoring with their backup quarterback. New Mexico’s offense was very bad early in the season, but the Lobos have been better recently with freshman Brad Gruner completing 68% of this passes the last 4 games after completing just 41% of his passes in his first 4 games. Even without factoring in the improvement the Lobos rate at a decent 0.3 yppl worse than average offensively thanks to a good rushing attack that has averaged 223 yards at 5.1 yards per rushing play. New Mexico has had trouble scoring against teams that defend the run well, but they’ve scored a good number of points against teams with bad run defenses. Since Gruner took over at quarterback the Lobos have faced two teams that are bad defending the run and they ran for 306 yards while scoring 35 points at New Mexico State while running for 419 yards and scoring 70 points against San Diego State. UNLV is horrible defending the run, allowing 240 yards per game at 5.6 yprp (against teams that would combine to average 4.9 yprp against an average team). The Rebels are actually worse defending the pass, allowing 8.0 yards per pass play to teams that would average just 6.0 yppp against an average team. Overall, UNLV is 1.1 yppl worse than average on defense, so New Mexico should score plenty of points while their solid defense holds down a sub-par Rebels’ attack. My math model favors New Mexico by 8 ½ points in this game (it would have been 4 ½ points with Clayton playing) and the Lobos apply to a very good 53-8-1 ATS statistical match-up indicator. I’ll take New Mexico in a 3-Star Best Bet at -4 points or less and for 2-Stars from -4 ½ to -6 points.
2 Star Selection
**Illinois (-7.0) 38 Western Mich 23 (at Detroit)
09:00 AM Pacific, 08-Nov-08
Illinois is only 5-4 straight up but the Illini are a much better team than their record indicates. Illinois has averaged 6.5 yards per play on offense against a schedule of teams that would allow 5.4 yppl to an average team and that attack should exploit a sub-par Western Michigan stop unit that rates at 0.4 yppl worse than average. The Broncos have only faced two better than average offensive teams this season and they gave up 7.2 yppl and 47 points to Nebraska and 7.7 yppl and 38 points to Central Michigan. My math model projects 515 total yards at 7.3 yppl for Illinois in this game. The Illini defense started the season poorly and couldn’t stop the run early on, but the addition of run stuffing DT Josh Brent into the rotation in week 3 has changed that. Illinois allowed an average of 222 rushing yards at 6.5 yards per rushing play to Misouri and Eastern Illinois the first two games without Brent, but they’ve been 0.9 yprp better than average against the run in 7 games with Brent in the lineup (4.5 yprp allowed to teams that would average 5.4 yprp against an average team). Illinois is 0.9 yppl better than average overall defensively in those 7 games and they have an advantage over a Broncos’ attack that I rate at 0.4 yppl better than average. I project Western Michigan with a modest 330 yards at 4.9 yppl in this contest and Illinois has a huge overall advantage from the line of scrimmage. The only negative is Illini quarterback Juice Williams penchant for throwing interceptions (12 in 9 games this year) and Western Michigan’s Tim Hiller not throwing many picks (just 5 this season), but my math model still favors the Illini by 14 ½ points even after factoring that in. Western Michigan is a good MAC team, but the Broncos are only 5-20-1 ATS as a regular season underdog against winning teams since 2001 and they are out-classed here. I’ll take Illinois in a 2-Star Best Bet at -8 points or less.
2 Star Selection
**USC (-21.0) 38 California 10
05:00 PM Pacific, 08-Nov-08
USC has the nation’s top defense and I rate the Trojans’ offense at #8, but their slip up against Oregon State may keep the best overall team in the nation out of the National Championship game. Pete Carroll will continue to try to run up the score to impress the pollsters and a convincing win over a good Cal team would certainly be worth some extra votes. The Bears are known for their offense under Jeff Tedford, but it’s the defense that has made this year’s Bears a quality team. Cal rates as the 8th best defensive team in the nation, allowing just 4.3 yppl to teams that would combine to average 5.5 yppl against an average defense, but that unit is at a disadvantage against a Trojans’ attack that is 1.5 yppl better than average (6.8 yppl against teams that would allow 5.3 yppl to an average team). USC’s offense has been a little inconsistent, but the Trojans did gain 5.6 yppl and score 35 points against Ohio State, who ranks just ahead of the Bears in my defensive ratings. Cal’s defense has also struggled some on the road, allowing 35 points in a loss at Maryland (although on just 4.8 yppl) and 42 points on 6.3 yppl in a loss at Arizona, so USC should score 30 points or more in this game. Cal’s offense has averaged 6.0 yards per rushing play thanks to the big play abilities of running backs Jahvid Best (736 yards at 6.8 ypr) and Shane Vereen (555 yards at 5.5 ypr), but the Bears’ pass attack has been hindered by inexperienced receivers and has been just average this season. Nate Longshore and Kevin Riley have both seen plenty of action and the starting job is a week to week decision, but Longshore has been 0.4 yards per pass play better than average (compared to Riley’s 0.1 yppp worse than average rating) and I’ll assume Longshore will start this week with Riley nursing a concussion he sustained last week. USC has the best defense I’ve seen in years, allowing 3.4 yppl to teams that would average 5.5 yppl against an average team, and the Trojans have allowed more than 3.5 yppl only once all season (they allowed 5.0 yppl in their loss at Oregon State). They’ve also given up more than 10 points just once all season. Cal is capable of topping 10 points if Best can bust a breakaway run or two, but I don’t see the Bears driving the ball down the field without a big play – and USC simply doesn’t give up many big plays. Cal’s impressive 26-16 win last week over Oregon sets the Bears up in a negative 23-81-4 ATS road letdown situation today and USC applies to very strong 91-26-2 ATS situation that went 2-0 last week with Texas Tech and Oklahoma. That’s actually just one of many situations that favor the Trojans this week and USC also applies to a few good teams trends. The Trojans are tough to beat when their offense is playing well and USC is 17-3-1 ATS at home laying less than 35 points after a game in which they scored 35 points or more. The Trojans also tend to play their best late in the season and they are now 32-10 ATS from game 8 on since 2001. I’ll take USC in a 2-Star Best Bet at -21 points or less.
Strong Opinion
UTAH 20 TCU (-1.5) 16
05:00 PM Pacific, 06-Nov-08
TCU has the nation’s 2nd best defense in my ratings, but the unbeaten Utes are a good team too and qualify in a very good 60-21-1 ATS situation. Utah’s offense has been 0.4 yards per play better than average this season, so the Utes are at a distinct disadvantage against a dominating TCU stop unit that rates at 1.7 yppl better than average (3.8 yppl allowed to teams that would combine to average 5.5 yppl against an average team). However, Utah has a very good defense that is 1.0 yppl better than average (4.2 yppl allowed to teams that would average 5.2 yppl) and TCU is 0.6 yppl worse than average offensively with starting quarterback Andy Dalton in the game, averaging 5.3 yppl against teams that would combine to allow 5.9 yppl to an average team. So, Utah’s defense has a 1.6 yppl advantage over the Horned Frogs’ offense, and the Utes are just 0.1 yppl worse than TCU overall from the line of scrimmage. Utah also has better special teams, but TCU has a 1.9 points edge in projected turnovers. Overall, this game is a toss-up and the situation favors Utah, who also has a tradition of money making success as an underdog (45-16-2 ATS, 7-4-1 ATS under coach Whittingham). I’ll consider Utah a Strong Opinion at pick or underdog and I’d take Utah in a 2-Star Best Bet at +3 points (at -115 odds or better) or more. I’ll also lean with the Under.
Strong Opinion
Georgia (-11.0) 31 KENTUCKY 16
09:30 AM Pacific, 08-Nov-08
Georgia may be a bit deflated after losing to Florida, but they were beaten so convincingly that they are more likely to bounce-back than feel sorry for themselves, as they might have had it been a close loss. The Bulldogs, in fact, apply to a very good 106-48-2 ATS blowout bounce-back situation that actually just won last week with Kentucky after they were whipped by Florida. Kentucky has a good defense, but he Wildcats have lost their two best offensive players in the last month, as top receiver and star punt returner Dicky Lyons was injured and lost for the season in week 7 against South Carolina while top running back (and second leading receiver) Derrick Locke was lost for the season 3 weeks ago against Arkansas. Locke is also a very good kick returner (28.5 average) and not having Lyons and Locke returning punts and kicks has hurt the special teams. The offense hasn’t suffered noticeably yet, but the Wildcats have scored a total of just 19 points the last two weeks and rate at 0.7 yards per play worse than average for the season. Georgia’s defense has been about average, relatively, the last two weeks against great offensive teams LSU and Florida, but they’ve handled the mediocre and bad offensive teams that they’ve faced this season. Georgia’s offense is 1.5 yppl better than average, so they have a pretty good edge over a Kentucky defense that is 0.6 yppl better than average, and my math model favors the Bulldogs by 13 points after putting all the pieces together. Normally, I’d play a pretty strong situation applying to a team with some positive line value, but Georgia is just 8-19 ATS after playing Florida over the years (2-5 ATS under coach Richt), so I’ll consider Georgia a Strong Opinion at -11 points or less rather than making the Bulldogs a Best Bet.
Strong Opinion
IOWA 23 Penn St. (-7.5) 24
12:30 PM Pacific, 08-Nov-08
Penn State has been an underrated team most of this season (7-1 ATS), but the line has caught up to the Nittany Lions great team and my math model favors Penn State by just 6 ½ points over a good Iowa team that is better than their 5-4 record. The reason for favoring Iowa in this game is not the small bit of line value but rather a 16-59-1 ATS situation that applies to Penn State. That angle plays against unbeaten teams at this stage of the season and Penn State also applies to a negative 31-77 ATS favorite off a bye angle. Iowa is certainly capable of playing with Penn State, as the Hawkeyes have a very strong rushing attack (5.6 yards per rushing play), a better than average quarterback in Ricky Stanzi, and a good defense that has allowed 4.7 yppl to teams that would combine to average 5.4 yppl against an average stop unit. I respect Penn State enough not to make this game a Best Bet, but I’ll consider Iowa a Strong Opinion at +7 points or more.
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
Bettorsworld

**Note - we boosted the Vandy play to a 3* play. It was initially a 2*

3* Vanderbilt +24 over Florida - No question it's incredibly tough to go against Florida. A potential National Championship team. A team that really hasn't played a close game all year with the exception of 3 quarters against Miami and a loss to Ole Miss. Not only have they blown teams out but look at the teams they have blown out. Specifically LSU and Georgia. Now we have Vanderbilt, a team that hasn't scored more than 14 points in a game for 4 weeks straight going up against one of the best offenses in the land. Rarely will we ever back a team that we don't think can win a game straight up. That's really our M.O. Backing good dogs we think can spring outright upsets, or small priced favs. Do we think Vanderbilt can beat Florida? It's possible. It's just not likely. So in this spot, we're likely asking Vandy to stay within the number. But hey, a straight up win? Dare to dream.

There are some interesting things we can point to when making a case for Vandy. Let's start with the pointspread of recent Vandy- Florida games. Now remember, Florida has had some pretty good teams over the years, including a National Championship team in 2006. Yet in the last 6 years, Florida has never been a 24 point favorite against Vandy. The last 4 times they have played, we saw lines of -14.5, -16.5, -18.5 and -11.5 all with Florida being favored. This is significant because Vandy covered 2 of the last 3 games and there is little doubt that this Vandy team is better than any of the past years teams. Furthermore, if you gave Vanderbilt 24 points in each of the last 16 games between these two, Vandy would have gone 11-5 against the spread. They also would have covered 5 of the last 6 if given +24.

Again, we have brought it up all year, Vandy hasn't had a winning season in 25 years yet they have sprung upsets and played very well against the very best the SEC has thrown at them, at times. They have even given Florida a run for their money as recently as 2005 and 2006 with scores of 25-19 and 49-42. Both losses. Both very close. Again, this is significant because we want to see if the talent that Vanderbilt can put on the field is capable of competing with the talent that Florida puts on the field. We don't have to look far to get that answer as illustrated above and it's a big yes. So why not in a year that may be the best in 25 years for Vandy?

Of course it never hurts to have other motivational and psychological factors on your side and it just so happens we do in this game. Let's start with a potential flat spot for the Gators. Yeah, they destroyed Georgia last week in a game that Georgia really never had a chance in even before the game started. That was a HUGE revenge affair that Florida was sky high for. Once that game started going Florida's way the snowball affect took over. They could play next week and you'd see a much different game. But it is what it is and the point is, Florida was Sky High. It's tough to get college kids sky high week after week. Especially for an opponent like Vanderbilt. There's no revenge, nothing special, it's just Vanderbilt. It's a natural flat spot.

Vandy on the other hand has plenty to be excited about. They are getting all kinds of attention not generally given to Vanderbilt football. The ESPN crew will be there once again, and it's a night time, prime time affair with the nation watching. We mention this because it does matter. Realize that a team can play way over their heads under the right circumstances. Those circumstances being, a huge game with plenty of SEC significance, as both teams still in the hunt, as well as the aforementioned National TV audience. Here's a direct quote from one of the Vandy Captains :

"We're excited about being at home you know. ESPN's coming again, it's a night game, we're excited. It's good for the campus life and community around here, so we're excited about it. Nationally televised game again, we're going to be fired up and ready to go."

Vanderbilt will win at least 6 games this year and will go to a Bowl game for the first time in 25 years (they have Kentucky, Tenn and Wake Forest left). It would be wild if they could accomplish that against Florida. That would really make this a season to remember. Having come close before, it's not out of the question. Either way you have to assume this will be their best effort to date this year. Vanderbilt has the type of team to keep this one within the number. They haven't allowed more than 24 points in a game all year long. At home they haven't given up more than 21. They don't have the horses on offense to go toe to toe with the Gators (although they did go toe to toe 3 years ago) but they do have a defense that's comparable.

Huge game, huge crowd, excitement on campus, potential Gator letdown, best Vandy team in years, a good defense, looking for a Bowl game, tight games in the past, it all adds up to a game that ends up being closer than the big spot. Vanderbilt + 24

P.S. Florida lost to Ole Miss at home. Guess who beat Ole Miss at Ole Miss? If you said Vanderbilt, you win!
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
Bettorsworld

3* Virginia +4 over Wake Forest - Virginia is a perfect example of why season to date stats can be meaningless and why you need to break seasons down into segments. The Cavs without a doubt looked like one of the worst teams in college football to start the year. Give them a pass for getting hammed by USC in the opener, but following a win over Richmond, they then went on to get hammered by Uconn and Duke. Naturally any season to date stats reflect that horrendous start, but if you throw out that horrible start and concentrate on the last 5 games Virginia has played, you see a very different team. They now resemble last years bunch, which went 9-4 and played more 1 and 2 point games than any other team in the country, sporting a stingy defense that kept teams out of the End Zone.

For example, if you take Virginia's season to date points for and against you see a team getting outscored 17-22 on the year. We love to use yards per point numbers as well to illustrate how hard a team has to work to score 1 point. The lower the number on offense the better. The Higher the number on defense, the better. Virginia's year to date ypp numbers are 18 on offense and 15 on defense. As we pointed out in a write up last week, when the offense number is higher than the defense number, that's a bad thing. The 18 on offense means Virginia has had to travel 18 yards to score one point. To compare, a team like Florida scores 1 point every 10 yards.

When we toss out those early season fiascos and focus just on the last 5 games, we see a Virginia Team that is outscoring it's opponents 24-14. They have an offensive ypp number of 15 and a defensive ypp number of 22. Spectacular on the defensive side of the ball. They have accomplished this against good ACC teams. They beat Maryland 31-0. They beat non ACC East Carolina. They beat North Carolina, Georgia Tech, and lost by a TD in overtime to Miami. These are all teams that will contend for the ACC title and Virginia beat them all but Miami.

Wake Forest would seem to be tailor made for Virginia. At the very least this one has all the makings of a last second field goal game which could go either way. It's definitely a game Virginia can win. Wake Forest was averaging 10 points per game over their 5 games previous to last weeks 33 against Duke and in that time they hadn't scored more than 17 in that stretch. Don't look at the Duke game and think Wake Forest rediscovered it's offense. Duke has given up 24 or more points in 5 of their 8 games this year.

Now Wake Forest must contend with a defense that has held teams to 0, 20, 13, 17 and 24 points their last 5 times out and the last one was really a 17 if you don't count overtime. For a team not putting it in the end zone against good defenses, covering a 4 point spot would seem to be a tall order for Wake Forest this week. With all that's on the line this week in the ACC you'd expect a tough, close game here.

The last 4 times these two played the games were decided by 4 points or less. Last year was the first time they had played since 2003 and Virginia came away with a 1 point home win. Interestingly enough Virginia is 12-1 straight up against Wake Forest.

Wake Forest still holding on to one trait that has made them tough the last few years and that's the ability to create turnovers. They are the #4 team in the Nation in that category. They don't beat themselves and in a game likely to be decided by a mistake, the lean would go to Wake Forest, but Virginia has done a decent job in that category over the last 5 games, staying on the plus side of the margin, just not as good as Wake who has only turned the ball over twice in the last 4 games. (Virginia turned it over 5 times their last 2 games).

But it's the Virginia season that looks to hold more promise. One win away from being Bowl eligible after that terrible start would be quite a story, and getting there is no guarantee with Clemson and Virginia Tech on deck. Wake Forest seems to have lost some of that magic we've been accustomed to seeing over the last few years.

We're counting on this one coming down to the wire, in which case, the +4 looms large. Virginia +4 over Wake Forest.

1* Georgia Tech +4 over North Carolina - This is a game we were on the fence with all week as far as making it a key release. What keeps us from pulling the trigger here and boosting the rating on this game is that North Carolina has had an extra week to prepare for the Georgia Tech option attack. Running the option in a conference not used to seeing it is what has given Tech a bit of an edge most weeks. One week is never enough to fully prepare. Otherwise, we're on Georgia Tech as the numbers certainly support a play. Both of these squads have only lost two games all year and are either winning or losing by small margins. They even both lost to Virginia Tech by the exact same score. In what amounts to an elimination game we see this one going down to the wire, unless the Tar Heels are able to get out in front early and bottle up that Tech offense as a result of the extra time to prepare. We'll make a small 1* play here. 1* Georgia Tech +4
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
Wunderdog

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Game: Arizona State at Washington (Saturday 11/08 7:00 PM Eastern)
Pick: Washington +14.5 (-110)

The Sun Devils were supposed to contend for the Pac-10 title. However, they lost a couple of games and totally quit on their coach. Their season was spoiled in week three with a loss to UNLV right before they were ready to make a statement against Georgia at home. Georgia came in and whipped them badly in a 27-10 loss, and this team has been a complete no-show ever since. The losing streak has reached six and at the beginning of the season this should have been the time of year we were talking about a winning streak of six with this team. Washington has yet to win a game this season, so they won't suddenly inspire Arizona State. So for a team that has already quit, going to play a nobody, they will be going through the motions. Meanwhile, the Huskies will be hungry to get their first win. They stayed within 7 of Stanford and caught BYU going through the motions, losing by just a point at home. They now get Arizona State who has been going through the motions for six weeks - a team that is 0-3 on the road averaging just 13 points per game. Arizona State hasn't covered the spread in the second of back-to-back road games in three seasons. I'll grab the lucrative points on the home dog here.
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
igz1 sports

CFB
5* Over 61 (-110) Kansas vs Nebraska ( Totals Play Of the Year)
4* Stanford +14 (-110)
4* Over 52.5 (-110) Purdue vs Michigan St
4* Florida -24 (-110)
4* Tennessee -26.5 (-110)
4* Over 51 (-110) La Monroe vs M. Tennessee
3* Over 49 (-110) New Mexico vs UNLV
3* Over 72.5 (-110) Texas El Paso vs LA Lafayette

Good Luck !!!

Tokens
NCAA Sports MarketWatch Week 11 – Games to Watch

Wisconsin vs Indiana (11/8 12P)

Wisconsin looked like they were coming alive last weekend against Michigan State. The Badgers ground game dominated the Spartans, racking up 281 yards. The defense even held MSU to a total of 25 yards on the ground, including a season-low 54 yards from Javon Ringer (152 average prior to game.) It didn't end that way though, as Michigan State kicked a game-winning field goal with seven seconds remaining. The Badgers do feature a pair of quality tailbacks in P.J. Hill and John Clay, who each rushed for over 100 yards last week. Quarterback Dustin Sherer will make his fourth consecutive start, the last two of which he hasn't thrown an interception.

Indiana allowed Central Michigan backup quarterback Brian Brunner to have a career day last week, as he threw for 485 yards and four touchdowns. The bright spots were that the Hoosier defense only allowed 37 yards on the ground and the offense looked pretty good while piling up 485 total yards. Those weren't enough as they still lost 37-34. Indiana features a bend-don't-break pass defense that is designed to allow the short pass, but to keep opponents out of the end zone.

The Badgers opened as 10-point favorites at Pinnacle, but the line dropped down to Wisconsin -9.5 in the middle of the week. This move happened despite the Badgers receiving 71% of spread bets and a whopping 86% of parlay bets. That's an indication of Smart Money backing the Hoosiers. The line has since climbed back to 10. We like Indiana getting those points at home, so we'll follow the Smart Money.

Indiana +10

Cincinnati vs West Virginia (11/8 7P)

Cincinnati has been forced to use three quarterbacks this season, and Junior Tony Pike is in his second stint after breaking his non-throwing arm earlier in the season. Pike's broken arm is now being held together by a plate and six screws, and he is playing with a soft cast on the arm. He had a great effort in last week's 24-10 win over South Florida, in which he went 20-for-28 for 281 yards and two touchdowns. The Bearcats utilize a spread offense much like West Virginia, but they are more successful in the passing attack. The defense is allowing an average of 334.1 yards per game.

West Virginia struggled early in the year as they were ranked in the top-10 to start the season. Two losses in their first three games knocked the Mountaineers out of the rankings. Since then they have reeled off five consecutive wins and rejoined the top 25 at No. 25. Part of the turn around comes from quarterback Pat White becoming healthy and gaining confidence. White has led the Mountaineers to 34 and 35 points in the last two games. WVU's defense is allowing 308.8 yards per game, but they are holding opposing offenses to only 14.75 points per game.

West Virginia opened as 8-point favorites at Pinnacle. The Mountaineers are receiving 71% of spread bets and 86% of parlay bets from the public, but the line has moved to West Virginia -7 despite this backing. That combination created a pair of Smart Money plays and a pair of Steam Moves on the Bearcats. We'll like the chances of Cincinnati, and we'll take them with the points.

Cincinnati +7 (Olympic)

Oklahoma State vs Texas Tech (11/8 8PM)

Oklahoma State has fallen a little under the radar after losing a close game at then-No. 1 Texas. With teams like Texas, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma grabbing the headlines in the Big 12, The Cowboys have quietly racked up an 8-1 record with a strong balance on both sides of the ball. They routed Iowa State 59-17 last week, and racked up 682 yards of total offense in the process. Sophomore wide receiver Dez Bryant is second in FBS with 1,054 yards receiving, and is tied for the nation's lead with 15 receiving touchdowns. The Cowboys are fifth in the nation in rushing, averaging 273.6 yards per game.

Texas Tech is coming off what is perhaps the school's biggest win ever. The home upset of then-No. 1 Texas vaulted the Red Raiders up to No. 2 in the BCS, and has them poised for a Big 12 title and a ticket to the national championship game. Tech has always had a great offense, and this year is no different with Heisman hopefuls at quarterback and wide receiver. The combination of QB Graham Harrell and WR Michael Crabtree is a lethal one for opposing defenses. Harrell has thrown only five interceptions on the season against 30 touchdowns, 15 of which were to Crabtree. Texas Tech leads the nation with an average of 430 passing yards per game. What makes this season's Red Raiders a contender is its improved defense, which leads the Big 12 with only 349.6 yards per game.

Both teams feature high-powered offenses ranked nationally in the top-10 and stout defenses that are among Big 12 leaders. They have each played ranked opponents previously on their schedule. This should be a good prime-time match up in the Big 12. At Pinnacle the line opened at Texas Tech -3.5, but quickly dropped down the -3 before climbing back up to -3.5 on Thursday. The Red Raiders are being backed by 70% of the public's spread bets and 64% of parlay bets. This heavy percentage and the early line movement triggered a number of Smart Money plays on the Cowboys. We'll follow the Smart Money and take the points for Oklahoma State.

Oklahoma State +3.5

So, here’s a wrap-up of SportsInsights.com analysis for this week’s Games to Watch for NCAA Football Week 11.

Games to Watch (12-17-1)
Indiana +10
Cincinnati +7 (Olympic)
Oklahoma State +3.5
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
al demarco SEC GOY

I heard on the radio, Al Demarco SEC GOY is on Alabama

Tokens
FRANK PATRON

30000 UNIT MUST WIN LOCK #25

ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE -3

This is a blowout. Alabama went to Georgia and was up 31-0 in the first half. Georgia went to LSU and crucified the Tigers. Do not buy into all the Saban hype for the LSU players. Alabama nearly beat this team last year when LSU was great. They will murder them this year. Blowout winner boys. Take the Crimson Tide.
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
BOB AKMENS

10* louisville +6 vs pitt

10* minnesota -8 vs michigan

10* rice -9.5 vs army

10* airforce -10 vs colorado st

20* san jose st -7 vs louisiana tech
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
NORTH COAST SPORTS

Northcoast Big 12 Gow-texas Tech

EARLY BIRD POW...MISSOURI -25'

COMP UNDER DOG POW...SMU +3

POWER PLAY 4* POW....NOTRE DAME +3'

#2 ECONOMY CLUB PLAY...RUTGERS -13'

PAC 10 POW...UCLA +7'

BIG DOG POW...UTEP +9
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
vegas-runner | CFB Side Triple-Dime Bet
160 Nebraska 0.0 (-110) Bodog vs 159 Kansas
Analysis: *** NCAAFB 3* POD-CAST PLAY of the WEEK ***

Guys, I wanted to let my Subscribers in on the Pod-Cast Play which I will be passing along this evening, when we do this week's show...
This is a 3* BEST BET and with the "Outfits" already taking a position on Nebraska and "steaming" them as soon as the number was posted...we may see followers push this number to where we can possibly set up a middle, like the last time (KENT ST)...But we will cross that bridge when we get to it...but for know, let's go ahead and make a 3 Unit bet on Nebraska...
<!-- / message -->

Tokens
Colin Cowherd (29-17-2 YTD)

California +22 (Projected score USC 33, Cal 21)
Alabama -3.5 (Projected score Bama 37, LSU 27)
Penn St. -7.5 (Projected score Penn St. 36, Iowa 21)
Oklahoma St. +3.5 (Projected score Okie St. 36, Texas Tech 26)
<!-- / message -->

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go789click
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com