Forum: Boxing, UFC, Mixed Martial Arts Forum - Picks, discussion and fighter analysis. This is TheRx's official fighting and combat forum.

Thread: Brainiac's MMA and boxing PLAYS

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brainiac View Post
    Even a fool would pick last two I think , so nothing I should be really proud of

Last bet :

Sat 1/17

UFC 93 - Welterweight 3 rounds - The O2 - Dublin, Ireland - PPV

Alan Belcher vs Denis Kang

My pick is Denis Kang to win

Odds : - 245

Where : bookmaker

6.12 units to win 2.5 units

This is top price I would go on this one , at - 300 I see on some other sites I wouldn't make this play probably but I think Kang has more overall MMA skills . No disrespect to Belcher but if Kang doesn't win this fight he can most likely forget dreaming about successive career in the UFC .

getting into the range where Kang would be the play for me as well. I took Belcher at +300 just because i thought that was way too high. Belcher has great stand up imo, but he is one dimensional. Kang is more well rounded but if he gets caught exchanging i like my +300. plus ufc debuts are sometimes interesting.

bol anyhow, we are on many of the same plays again.

leaning twards franklin, or go the distance at +105, would like to get a +120 on franklin, dont know if that is going to happen.

They who lose today may win tomorrow The Brainiac's Avatar
    I will be rooting for Rich that being said it should be a damn close fight .

Don't forget that undercard fights start in 1 hour 40 minutes .

Chargers and Padres 4 life JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar
    gl guys..I have Henderson in that fight..I think he is more well rounded and should win by a decision

Chargers and Padres 4 life JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar
    Davis wins a split decision..I didn't think it was that close, but we win nonetheless

Denis Kang gets caught almost closing out 2nd round for a 20-18 points lead , this is total joke .

Belcher was a punching bag for the whole fight he only landed 1 fucking kick, what a joke of a choke hold!!

Joe Rogan is a complete fucking idiot.

"great performance tonight."

I've never seen anyone get picked apart for 9minutes and have a great performance lol

And I was just talking to my buddy how Kang has to avoid that sub and he has the win in the bag ... same ole mistakes by Kang .
    Sad way to get caught with 24 seconds to go , why the hell would Kang try a takedown with so less time to go , he clearly was winning the round , not like Belcher would KO him in 25 seconds .
    Hopefully Palhares and Shogun win to make it a profitable event , if Palhares wins this now I will add a play on the main event fight .

i had a feeling kang would ruin my parlay so bet the dog belcher and now im out on top anyway......

i had davis too....ima take palharas i guess, odds suck

actually ill put a little on the dog...+385 for horn, what the hell

bahahha gumby is a total friggin can

Jordan Breen scores the round: 10-8 Palhares

In the first round says it all LOL

Up 6 units and something , adding main event bet .

Sat 1/17

UFC 93 - Welterweight 3 rounds - The O2 - Dublin, Ireland - PPV

Dan Henderson vs Rich Franklin

My pick is Rich Franklin to win

Odds : + 115

Where : pinnaclesports

5 units to win 5.75 units

Come on Rich , show us that you got a big one ...

Not looking good after the first two rounds , oh well .

Oh well , looks like Hendo will win 29-28

100 bucks and something up in this event , hopefully a more profitable AFFLICTION event next week , off to bed .

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCSnotYUCKS View Post
    Joe Rogan is a complete fucking idiot.

"great performance tonight."

I've never seen anyone get picked apart for 9minutes and have a great performance lol
    joe rogan is the best mma comentator, hands down imo. he has great knowledge of bjj and the ground game and has a great understanding of what needs to be implemented at any given time in a fight. not to mention he clearly always does his homework and as a mma bettor you should always be listening to what he has to say about who has been training where and what they have been working b/c you pick up some good tidbits you dont find doin your regular research.

lastly, he is euthusiastic about the sport.

i dont really understand why people complain about him.

And when you walk out the cage with a win bonus as a +300 underdog it is great. whats wrong with getting beatin up by a superior opponent only to show enough heart to perservere and lock in a slick choke.

rogan is not the idiot

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    joe rogan is the best mma comentator, hands down imo. he has great knowledge of bjj and the ground game and has a great understanding of what needs to be implemented at any given time in a fight. not to mention he clearly always does his homework and as a mma bettor you should always be listening to what he has to say about who has been training where and what they have been working b/c you pick up some good tidbits you dont find doin your regular research.

And when you walk out the cage with a win bonus as a +300 underdog it is great. whats wrong with getting beatin up by a superior opponent only to show enough heart to perservere and lock in a slick choke.

rogan is not the idiot

cosign

Remember that as commentator Rogan's job is to inform and excite & he does both. Yes he makes some outrageous statements at times but that's part of the job

RX Member
    I like how he was screaming for a standup while Palhares was in Horn's guard.

I remember during the Couture/Sylvia fight where he went on a minute long rant about how there should never be stand-ups in MMA.

He was also horribly biased in his commentating of the Gono/McRory fight.

Sat 1/24

Affliction 2 - Honda Center, Anaheim, California - PPV

VLADIMIR MATYUSHENKO vs ANTONIO ROGERIO NOGUEIRA

My pick is ANTONIO ROGERIO NOGUEIRA to win

Odds : + 120 & + 105

5 units to win 5.62 units

Kang got caught dominating whole fight .
    Thought there was some value with Franklin , got close in the end but Hendo had 1 takedown too many .

UFC 93 : 3-2 + 2.08 units

Boxing RTD : 15-4 + 94.4 units
    MMA YTD : 53-24 + 65.35 units

Now to AFFLICTION event this weekend .

I don't understand those odds on Lil Nog fight at all , if anybody disagree please feel free to give your arguments against this bet .
    My fair line would be around - 150 on Lil Nogueira if not higher that this .

This is what Nogueira says about their fight 6 years ago .

You fought him at 2002... What’s the plan for this fight now?

He’s from wrestling, I fought with him and lost, but I’ll get a rematch now. I didn’t train for that fight, they called me one week before it and didn’t even knew who he was… He kept me on the ground on top of me the whole time, I tried an arm-lock but he got out, and today I’m a lot better trained and I’m a complete different end better fighter, I’m more confident and will be different.

After his brutal KO loss to Andrei Arlovski Matuyshenko took 2 years off and after his comeback is riding a 8-0 win streak , over not such a great competition I must say tho . Last time he fought 8 monthes ago and I think a little bit better skilled opponent would finish him but decide for yourself :

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pi80PUi_LEg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pi80PUi_LEg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

After Lil Nogueira's upset KO loss to Sokoudjou he has fought 3 times about same level competition opponents Vladdy has had and beat them all , last fight was 2 monthes ago in Japan . Nothing special but Nogueira looked in solid form , more or less crisp on his feet against a bulky opponent , got few takedowns and pretty much dominated the whole fight .

<div><object width="420" height="339"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x79u6g" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x79u6g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="339" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x79u6g">Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Moise Rimbon Sengoku 6</a></b><br /><i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/louloute23">louloute23</a></i></div>

As I wasn't able to find their first fight video I cant say much about it but I guess as Noguiera said he was controlled on the ground by Matuyshenko's wrestling .
    It was 6 years ago and Nogueira improved a lot in this time . He should have very solid edge in stand up and his ground game should be better as well other than Matuyshenko will have the edge in wrestling however I think Nogueira's sprawl will be good enough to defend some early takedowns . Score points on their feet , maybe rock Matuyshenko or KO him as we have seen in Matuyshenko's previous fight he will probably eat some punches .
    Even if Noguiera gets taken down I cant see him getting GnP'ed by Vladdy , don't have to mention how dangerous Nogueira brothers are off their back .

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post

rogan is not the idiot
    Rogan is no different then many other GOOD announcers out there. They all know their stuff. He is redundant and overdoes it. I don't need to listen to Joe Rogan to learn about a sport I've been watching for going on 12years now.

He's completely biased and disrespectful. He picks his favorite fighters in fights and virtually roots for them. He did it in the Rua-Coleman fight as well as Liddell-Wandy fight. He might as well put a cheerleading skirt on the way he was broadcasting. Those are just a couple of the many fights.

Try something. Just listen to the audio of him and Goldberg do a fight and I gurantee you that eventually, you'll rather watch the fights on mute.

The fact that he said "amazing performance" in a fight where Belcher in all likelyhood was losing 20-18(I thought 20-17), is pretty idiotic. There was nothing amazing about his performance. He caught a gassed Kang go for a sloppy(unecessary) takedown at the end of the round and caught him in a lucky guillotine.

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brainiac View Post
    Sat 1/24

Affliction 2 - Honda Center, Anaheim, California - PPV

VLADIMIR MATYUSHENKO vs ANTONIO ROGERIO NOGUEIRA

My pick is ANTONIO ROGERIO NOGUEIRA to win

Odds : + 120 & + 105

5 units to win 5.62 units

Initially I liked Vlad but after doing more research & watching a couple fights I think I have to agree with you on this. My only 2 concerns are that Rogerio decisioned Moise Rimbon and didn't finish him in his last fight and I worry that Vlad gets some takedowns and executes a little lay & pray for a decision.
    Lil Nog is one of 3 guys to sub Hendo (the other 2 were Big Nog & Anderson Silva) so we know he has the skills to work off his back if he shows up.