Forum: Boxing, UFC, Mixed Martial Arts Forum - Picks, discussion and fighter analysis. This is TheRx's official fighting and combat forum.

Thread: Brainiac's MMA and boxing PLAYS

They who lose today may win tomorrow The Brainiac's Avatar
    I posted this fight with Rimbon , IMO he looked in solid shape for a fight like that , I guess he will be ready for a bigger fight at a bigger stage for a bigger paycheck than a fight against a rather unknown guy in an org like Sengoku . I very strongly believe Lil Nog will win but we will see ... I just dont think Matyushenko is all that good , he has the wrestling but on his feet he looks sloppy , check the fight I posted . Hendo is better wrestler I believe and its very tough to sub him but Lil Nog did this .

RX Member
    What is also strange I think is that as old as Big Nog looked, the Noguiera twins are actually FIVE years younger than Matyushenko plus as you mentioned Vladdy's had very little work in 2008 due to the IFL folding. A couple more factors that give Lil Nog an edge

Also don't forget Vladdy turned 38 this January , I am not sure if he can last 15 minutes against a guy like Lil Nog .
    Big Nog came out of shape for his fight against Mir , we all have seen this but I dont think we will have this problem with Rogerio . He fought 2 monthes ago and still looked explosive after 14 minutes , if this fight lasted 30 seconds more I think we would finish that guy .
    I don't think Vladdy can LNP 15 minutes against a guy like Lil Nog , Rogerio is way too dangerous off his back for this to happen .
    Don't forget Rogerio has only lost 3 times in his career ( to Matyushenko , decision against Shogun which was probably one of the top 10 best fights I 've seen and got caught by Sokoudjou ) .
    Vladdy has 3 losses as well but do you think he would only have 3 if he fought those people : Shogun , Hendo , A.Overeem , Sokoudjou or Sakuraba at the time Lil Nog has fought them .
    I think the deciding factor will be their stand up and I believe Lil Nog has a solid edge in this department .

Watch this fight and ask yourself would Matyushenko get finished if instead of Alex Schoenauer with 14-9 record it was Rogerio in the ring against him .

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZyJnC-g7fXg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZyJnC-g7fXg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Brainiac:
    Is there any way I can get in touch with you through email?
    I would like to talk to you about something.

Sherwood

I tried to send you my email but it didn't let me as you have PM turned off it seems like .

RX Senior
    Brainiac - are you gonna be betting the Margarito fight at all?

Tough to bet on anything in this fight , Margarito is a monster and will win very likely . Best way to bet this fight is probably to parlay it with some heavy MMA fight of the next 3 events or of course go with the underdog if you don't think Margarito wins . Faber - 500 in WEC probably a good choice and maybe few more .

Sat 1/24

Affliction 2 - Honda Center, Anaheim, California - PPV

Fedor Emelianenko vs Andrei Arlovski

My pick is Fedor Emelianenko to win

Odds : -303

Where : pinnaclesports

15.15 units to win 5 units

I don't see Arlovski win this fight once out of 3 times , he needs to land some monster punches to stop Fedor before he is taken down and either pounded out or subbed and we know if it hits the ground this is what is going to happen . Fedor can clinch with him and take Andrei down , if he lands on top it's all over , if he is on bottom still his slick armbar is a huge weapon or he can tie Andrei up and wait for a stand up .
    I think Andrei has less gas in the tank as well if it goes to later rounds as fight is scheduled for 5 rounds , longer this fight goes less chances I see for Arlovski to land a powerful punch to KO Fedor . On the other hand Fedor will still be able to sub him or ground and pound .

Fedor Emelianenko has 28 wins and 1 loss which wasn't even legit so it's probably worth it to back him even with - 300 odds .

We know what happened when Fedor faced last former UFC champion

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jD3UV2v2C_c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jD3UV2v2C_c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rogerio Nogueira is ready to make it 1-1 with Vladdy Matyushenko , prepairs for war .

http://www.intheguard.tv/portal/?cha...ction=1&id=124

Lindland getting ready for his fight with Vitor Belfort ...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_OCgqUY7Ibw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_OCgqUY7Ibw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Anybody else betting on this event or WEC ?

What do you think of Yvel at nearly 5-1? Seems like a lot of value for a fighter on a 7 match win streak. Of course his weakness, grappling, is Barnett's strength, but Barnett lost three times to Cro Cop who has the same skill set as Yvel.

I am not a value hunter , give me Yvel at + 800 and I might try but the way I see it Josh will probably not only beat Yvel but KO him standing .
    Yvel might be on a 7 match win streak but when I checked his last 5 opponents had a combined record of 25-28 , only one guy had a winning record which was 4-3 .

RX Junior
    remember that Yvel got dropped 2x vs. Valentijn Overeem and nearly got KO'd but won with a leglock. He's reckless and wild and has good KO power but he's by no means a Crocop level striker

Time to place some more bets , brb .

2 WEC bets and then back to AFFLICTION card .

Sat 1/24

WEC 38 MMA

Jamie Varner vs Donald Cerrone

My pick is Jamie Varner to win

Odds : - 130 & - 150 & - 155

Where : 5dimes & pinnaclesports & bookmaker

7.45 units to win 5 units

Many people see value in betting on Cerrone but I will lean my head out of the window and say Jamie takes it with stronger wrestling , top control and crisper boxing keeping the distance .

Sat 1/24

WEC 38 MMA

Danillo Villefort vs Mike Campbell

My pick is Danillo Villefort to win

Odds : - 130

Where : bodog

3.25 units to win 2.5 units

Danillo is a black belt in both judo and BJJ with solid wrestling , not so great on his feet but hopefully he sticks to whats best for him and that is taking Campbell to the ground right away then it should be a very short work once it hits the mat . Campbell has 4 wins over scrubs but I haven't seen anything that makes me think he will last more than 30 seconds on the ground against a slick guy like Villefort .
    Avoid the bomb , clinch with him , take him down and pound him out or armbar .

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wH56DsXdBpA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wH56DsXdBpA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sat 1/24

Affliction 2 - Honda Center, Anaheim, California - PPV

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs Renato Sobral

My pick is Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou to win

Odds : + 166

Where : pinnaclesports

5 units to win 8.3 units

As much as I like Babalu I have to bet against him here with those odds .
    Sokoudjou got cut by UFC after going 1-2 but his losses were against Machida and Luiz Cane and those guys are no joke , IMO both could beat Babalu as well . Just rewatched Cane vs Sokoudjou and I couldn't believe how Cane just kept coming back after some nasty kicks and punches of Sokoudjou if he wasn't so tough he would probably give up from those low kicks as many of them landed clean .
    I think Sokoudjou and his trainers know how important this fight is for him , he can beat Babalu , question will be his gas tank . Hopefully he worled on his cardio , I think his takedown defense could be good enough to avoid Babalu getting him to the ground early and in that time he can land some heavy low kicks and punches which could as well put Babalu away .
    With his judo background and bulky legs Sokoudjou will be tough to get to the ground today I believe , Babalu has nice wrestling but he didn't look all that great in his last few fights . Arona couldn't get Sokoudjou to the ground and he is a better grappler than Babalu without a doubt .

Not saying this is a very confident bet or something , just trying to start betting on underdogs with chances as most of the time I only bet on favs but it paid off betting on underdogs with Rampage over Wanderlei and Evans over Griffin .

RX Member
    Glad to see you're on Soko too.

Babalu hasn't looked that great lately and Soko has the goods to overwhelm Babs, who is easily 'overwhelmable.' The value is there at that price. Hard to bet against the guy from the wild jungles....of Temecula.

I think + 166 is amazing price , I don' think it will be very easy for Babalu to take him down and keep him there plus what if Babalu feels the power of Predator early and is taken out of his game ? Will he be desperate to get a takedown and maybe eat a knee on his way in ? Or maybe Sokoudjou can put him to sleep with one of those punches he landed on Arona .
    I don't think it will be an easy fight to win for Babalu ...

RX Junior
    With you on these brain...going to be out soon, just curious if you think you'll add any for tonight?

Good luck!

RX Senior
    you can get 3.5 to 1 with a soko inside/fedor inside parlay....

i think they both finish if they win...

Hey guys , anybody know if its possible to watch the undercard online ? Thanks .

I have the undercard on live TV right now...channel is HDNet..

Do you get it?

Watching it now ... LOL @ Cooper's hair

haha that bum won, what a joke...i am going back and forth on the lil nog/janitor fight....janitor has beat him before and could easily beat him again..

I have him at EV thru bookmaker, lol nog is -130.

Not sure what to do.............