Michael Vick Conditionally Reinstated

Search

Tokens
Vick has be reinstated by the league, free to practice and play in final 2 pre-season games, he wont be eligible to play in an nfl game till week 7 as it stands now.

I think I want my money back!
Tokens
Don't like this. At this point reinstate him FULL or DON'T.

Tokens
Vick did his time, spent 2 years in prison. Enough is enough no additional suspension needed. T.O. spoke up and he wonders why more players aren't coming to Vicks defense.

Tokens
Vick did his time, spent 2 years in prison. Enough is enough no additional suspension needed. T.O. spoke up and he wonders why more players aren't coming to Vicks defense.

I love my dog and never rooted for Vick in any way shape or form, but enough is enough. There were players who while driving drunk injured severely or worse were resonsible for others deaths, who didn't serve 1/10th the time Vick did. If he can still help a team he deserves to play, period!

Tokens
Yeah, I agree, he did his time, showed remorse, and seems to have kept his nose clean, time for him to have his chance to move on, immediately but with conditions.

Tokens
I love how everyone says, he did his time, let him play. Let me ask you this. If you worked for the police department of your city and got caught funding a dog fighting ring for 7 years would you be able to get your job back after you got out of prison? The answer is no way in hell. They would never hire you back, and the same goes for probably 95% of all decent paying jobs in the country. So why does everyone think that a football player should just be given the chance to play again. I personally think he should be given a chance to play again, but I wouldn't think less of Goodell if he banned him for life. Even if he was banned for life there is already talk that the new UFL would pay him between 1 and 2 million to play there. Or he could go CFL. Either way he would make alot more money in the next 5 years than most of us will make our entire lives. They say he is bankrupt. Sure he is. I got every penny I have ever made that says right now Vick lives in a house 4 times the size of mine. Sure he has a right to make a living. But you know what alot of decent people in this world make a living on $12.00 an hour.

Tokens
I love how everyone says, he did his time, let him play. Let me ask you this. If you worked for the police department of your city and got caught funding a dog fighting ring for 7 years would you be able to get your job back after you got out of prison? The answer is no way in hell. They would never hire you back, and the same goes for probably 95% of all decent paying jobs in the country. So why does everyone think that a football player should just be given the chance to play again. I personally think he should be given a chance to play again, but I wouldn't think less of Goodell if he banned him for life. Even if he was banned for life there is already talk that the new UFL would pay him between 1 and 2 million to play there. Or he could go CFL. Either way he would make alot more money in the next 5 years than most of us will make our entire lives. They say he is bankrupt. Sure he is. I got every penny I have ever made that says right now Vick lives in a house 4 times the size of mine. Sure he has a right to make a living. But you know what alot of decent people in this world make a living on $12.00 an hour.

You don't make sense.

1. Certain employees don't hire felons because the job requires certain level of responsibility. I wouldn't want convicted fraudster being in charge of money because he probably would steal from me. Neither would I want convicted sex offender teaching my kids. However how does fighting dogs affect his ability to play in the NFL? Has zero impact.

2. There is difference between nobody hiring you and forcefully banning from institution. Teams if they don't want dog fighters can simply decide not to sign him. Let the teams make that choice.

Tokens
It was just recently; within a few years that gamecock and dog fighting was made illegal in states like South Carolina (the home of the GAMECOCKS), and Oklahoma. It really should have been a fine and no big deal; but that's how p*ssy-lame the USA has become; and I never liked Vick or his younger brother; but this USA has criminalized everything to the extent of having way too many individuals behind bars..

jmho

:toast:

Pro Handi-Craper My Picks are the shit
Tokens
He can't wait to get in the locker room and play a little drop the soap.

Honey Badger Don't Give A Shit
Tokens
Will Say it just ONCE, forum friends

If you disagree with some or all of M Vick's reinstatement or have issues with his history, you can express those disagreements without publicly wishing death or serious injury on Vick.

Any such posts will be Deleted and repeat offenses will have you tossed.

Last edited:

ONE
Tokens
Well said BarMan,keep up the great work.:toast:

Tokens
Vick will play again somewhere, so the real question is "What team is going to pick him up?"

Jacksonville, Titans, 49ers?

Anyone care to make a guess?

Tokens
Vick was convicted on a state and felony charge.......he only did time for that.
vick is a member of the NFL now he has to do his PUNISHMENT for the NFL a orginazation that he represents pays his salary and is a idol to thousands of ??????????? whatever......you can't let the animals run the zoo or it becomes the nba( i think we learned that a while ago)

I think it will be very interesting to see who picks this piece of shit up.
he will be booed of the field on road games and i don't see how animal lovers and home fans could change their opions on him, and all of a sudden root for his ass.

Incidents, criminal troubles from wikipedia...............

Early incidents

Between his selection by the Atlanta Falcons in the 2001 NFL Draft and early 2007, Vick was allegedly involved several incidents or events:

* In 2007, conflicting statements were made by his estranged parents about possible dogfighting activities in 2001. Michael Boddie, his father, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that around 2001, Michael Vick was staging dogfights in the garage of the family's home in Newport News and kept fighting dogs in the family's backyard, including injured ones which the father nursed back to health. Boddie said his son had been urged to not engage in the activity, but continued. He stated "This is Mike's thing. And he knows it."[29] Within days, Michael Vick's mother, Brenda Vick Boddie, told the Newport News Daily Press "There was no dogfighting [at our home]. There were no cages."[30]
* In early 2004, two men were arrested in Virginia for distributing marijuana. The truck they were driving was registered to Michael Vick. Falcons coach Dan Reeves recalled that he lectured Vick at that time on the importance of reputation, on choosing the right friends, on staying out of trouble for the good of his team. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution quoted Reeves as having told Vick: "You are an Atlanta Falcon...Whatever you do is going to be a reflection on all of us, not just you."[31]
* On October 10, 2004, Vick and the other members of his party including employee Quanis Phillips were at Atlanta's Hartsfield International Airport on their way to board an AirTran flight. While they were passing through a security checkpoint with Vick, a security camera caught Phillips and Todd Harris picking up an expensive-appearing watch (either a Rolex or a fake) which belonged to Alvin Spencer, a security screener.[32] After watching the theft on a video tape, Spencer filed a police report. However, he claimed that Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, known as the Falcons' "fixer", interfered with the investigation.[31] Although Vick representatives declined to make him available for an Atlanta police inquiry, six days later Spencer did get the watch back from them, according to the Washington Post.[32]
* In March 2005, Sonya Elliott filed a civil lawsuit against Vick alleging she contracted genital herpes from him in the autumn of 2002, and that he failed to inform her that he had the disease.[33] Elliot further alleged that Vick had visited clinics under the alias "Ron Mexico" to get treatments and thus he knew of his condition. On April 24, 2006 Vick's attorney, Lawrence Woodward, revealed that the lawsuit had been settled out of court under undisclosed terms.[34] Many fans bought custom jerseys from NFL.com with Vick's number 7 and the name "MEXICO" on the back, as a reference to his lawsuit. The NFL has since banned customizing jerseys with the name Mexico.[35]
* November 26, 2006 – After a Falcons loss to the New Orleans Saints in the Georgia Dome, in apparent reaction to fans booing, Vick made an obscene gesture at fans, holding up two middle fingers. He was fined $10,000 by the NFL and agreed to donate another $10,000 to charity.[36]
* January 17, 2007 – Vick surrendered a water bottle which had a hidden compartment to security personnel at Miami International Airport. "The compartment was hidden by the bottle's label so that it appeared to be a full bottle of water when held upright," police said. Test results indicated there were no illegal substances in the water bottle and Vick was cleared of any wrongdoing.[37] Vick announced that the water bottle was a jewelry stash box, and that the substance in question had been jewelry.[38]
* On Tuesday, April 24, 2007, Michael Vick was scheduled to lobby on Capitol Hill, hoping to persuade lawmakers to increase funding for after-school programs. However, Vick missed a connecting flight in Atlanta on Monday to Reagan National Airport in Arlington, Virginia. He later failed to show-up for another seat booked for him later that evening. On Tuesday morning, he did not attend his scheduled appearance at the congressional breakfast where he also was to be honored for his foundation's work with after-school projects in Georgia and Virginia.[39] Vick's mother, Brenda Vick Boddie, accepted an award from the Afterschool Alliance on her son's behalf.

Dog fighting investigations
Main article: Bad Newz Kennels dog fighting investigation

A search warrant executed on April 25, 2007 as part of a drug investigation of Vick's cousin Davon Boddie led to discovery of evidence of unlawful dog fighting activities at a property owned by Vick in rural Surry County in southeastern Virginia with extensive facilities which had apparently been developed for that purpose.[31] Widespread media publicity quickly gained momentum as state officials investigated, soon joined by federal authorities and their own investigation. As the separate state and federal investigations progressed, more and more details of the 6 year-long operations of an interstate dog fighting ring were revealed, with some portions involving drugs and gambling. Gruesome details involving abuse, torture and execution of under-performing dogs galvanized animal rights activists and expressions of public outrage. Vick and several others were subsequently indicted on both federal and Virginia felony charges related to the operation.

Lets not forget what a piece of shit this guy is.

Tokens

maybe this is why..........

More Michael Vick Barbarism Bared

USDA report details how football star killed pit bulls, lied to FBI

1124081inside1.jpg
NOVEMBER 24--In the most disturbing account yet of Michael Vick's dogfighting operation, a federal investigative report details how the disgraced athlete killed pit bulls by hanging them from a nylon cord nailed to a tree and drowned others in a five gallon bucket of water. Quoting confidential witnesses and several of Vick's cronies (all of whom, like the former NFL star, pleaded guilty to federal criminal charges), a United States Department of Agriculture report portrays Vick as a heartless enthusiast of barbaric pit bull fights. Excerpts of the USDA report, which was prepared by the agency's inspector general, can be found on the following pages. Along with killing underperforming pit bulls, a government informant told investigators that Vick twice placed family pets into the ring with pit bulls because he and his cohorts "thought it was funny to watch the pit bulls...injure or kill the other dogs." Purnell Peace, who was convicted along with Vick, told federal agents how he, Vick, and a third man had to drown one dog after it did not die when they tried to hang the animal. After Vick agreed last year to plead guilty to a conspiracy charge, he was interviewed by federal agents and claimed that he "never actually killed a dog," though he admitted watching his friends hang, shoot, and electrocute pit bulls. But after failing an October 2007 FBI polygraph test "as it related to the killings of the dogs," Vick recanted his denial and "admitted taking part in the actual hanging of the dogs." Vick, 28, is expected tomorrow to plead guilty to state dogfighting charges in Virginia and receive a three-year suspended sentence. The former Atlanta Falcon quarterback is serving his federal sentence in a Leavenworth, Kansas prison, and is scheduled to be released from custody next July. (14 pages)
Join TSG's mailing list.

Tokens
You don't make sense.

1. Certain employees don't hire felons because the job requires certain level of responsibility. I wouldn't want convicted fraudster being in charge of money because he probably would steal from me. Neither would I want convicted sex offender teaching my kids. However how does fighting dogs affect his ability to play in the NFL? Has zero impact.

2. There is difference between nobody hiring you and forcefully banning from institution. Teams if they don't want dog fighters can simply decide not to sign him. Let the teams make that choice.

That makes no sense. How does dog fighting affect a guys ability to become an IRS auditor? It doesn't but I garantee you wouldn't get the job if you applied for it. A company, any compnay, doesn't have to hire you if you are a convicted felon. It doesn't matter if your crime relates to your job or not. The fact is 90% of convicted felons work for small companies or own there own small business. Do you know why, because big compnies like Microsoft, dell, apple, HP, boeing, ect. wont hire them. Why do you think they ask the question on the application. If the NFL were to decide they don't want a person with his history representing their league they don't have to hire him back.

hacheman@therx.com
Staff member
Tokens
Every day a new team is quoted as saying they are not intersted in Vick.

Get real.....Some team eventually is going to put their pride aside and sign this guy to help their team in any way Possible...

Tokens
That makes no sense. How does dog fighting affect a guys ability to become an IRS auditor? It doesn't but I garantee you wouldn't get the job if you applied for it. A company, any compnay, doesn't have to hire you if you are a convicted felon. It doesn't matter if your crime relates to your job or not. The fact is 90% of convicted felons work for small companies or own there own small business. Do you know why, because big compnies like Microsoft, dell, apple, HP, boeing, ect. wont hire them. Why do you think they ask the question on the application. If the NFL were to decide they don't want a person with his history representing their league they don't have to hire him back.

Microsoft/Dell and all these private companies don't have stated policy not to hire felons. They just choose not to hire them. As private companies they have the right on who and who they don't hire. Trust me if they know convicted felon is going to help them out, they will go ahead and hire them. Lets say for example highly talented programmer gets arrested for dog fighting. Once that person finishes their sentence, if Microsoft feels they bring value, they will certainty high them back. There is no LAW preventing him from working again with Microsoft. However if Microsoft feels that somebody who is not a felon can do his job just as well, then they most likely will hire somebody else.

NFL teams can chose not to hire Vick. That is fine. But to say we should BAN him is totally something different. If they are teams interested in him, then go they should ahead and hire him.

Last edited:

Tokens
Microsoft/Dell and all these private companies don't have stated policy not to hire felons. They just choose not to hire them. As private companies they have the right on who and who they don't hire. Trust me if they know convicted felon is going to help them out, they will go ahead and hire them. Lets say for example highly talented programmer gets arrested for dog fighting. Once that person finishes their sentence, if Microsoft feels they bring value, they will certainty high them back. There is no LAW preventing him from working again with Microsoft. However if Microsoft feels that somebody who is not a felon can do his job just as well, then they most likely will hire somebody else.

NFL teams can chose not to hire Vick. That is fine. But to say we should BAN him is totally something different. If they are teams interested in him, then go they should ahead and hire him.

Yes of course every company has the right to hire whoever they want. There is no law preventing them from doing so. But that is basically what I'm saying here. Roger Goodell is basically in charge of the face/ image of the NFL. And if he feels Vick is bad for the NFL's image than he has every right to as basically the CEO of the NFL to not let him back in. It's not Vick's right to play football because he is good at it. He looked Goodell right in the face and lied to him. If he doesn't want him back in the league its his choice just like the manager of wal mart can do the same. And like I've said, I think he should be allowed back in, I just don't want him on my team. I think everyone deserves a second chance but it doesn't mean I'm the one who will give it to you.

Tokens
No VICK on my home tv

We all have a opinion on this guy.As for me i really wish the nfl teams would black-ball him and send him packing to another small league, imo he does not need to be on this elite stage again we call the NFL.But money has kill the nfl as well as most sports these days to me so i know some nfl team will pick this guy up.But i will not watch any games he a part of and just hope the fans of the team that pick him up will make enough noise that it will kill his hope of any type of a good comeback.Vick need to work a normal job in the real world to me not on the nfl stage where young kids might look up to this thug.Again we all have a opinion like i said in the start of this thread, but for me i will not watch any game he a part of and i just hope many more fans of the nfl have this same thought too........(ck)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TennisMonger
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com