Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: The Patriots Are Finished Without Wes Welker

1. #1 The Patriots Are Finished Without Wes Welker 
    Super Moderator
    A Good Head & A Good Heart Are Always A Formidable Combination
    True Or False?

as far as the superbowl goes? true.

think they win one game though.

I think Edelman will be nearly as effective.

That being said, I didn't think the Patriots had a chance to win it all even with Welker.
    PM me if you have any questions about SportsOptions.

When the Patriots fall it will be their defense that fails them. Edelman, while not Welker will do ok.

Life is full of possibilities mightyminnow's Avatar
    My buddy's best friend plays for the Pats and says for the first time all year Edelman has been trying in practice and looking very impressive. TIFWIW

Hopefully True.

Ravens secondary is in a bad way right now. Reed looks lost and we're missing our best playmaker on Special Teams and best cover corner Ladarius Webb.

Flacco has been holding onto the ball wayyyy too long the past couple weeks and is playing scared.

from what ive heard of this Edelman kid he's a complete clone of Welker.

They arent finished without Welker.. but they are finished because of poor offensive playcalling, mistakes in the young secondary, and lack of depth on defense due to injuries. They will win at home, but cant see them winning after that unless they really step up the level of play that we have seen on the road all year long

with moss and brady anything possible

Money Management, Focus, & Discipline E Vincent's Avatar
    They should win a game. Baltimore's pass defense is pretty bad, especially without Ed Reed. Heck, even with Reed, it is mediocre at best. I think the Pats will involve Edelman & Kevin Faulk a lot more and they should win.

11. #11 Patriots with or without Welker. 
    They may get by Baltimore but unfortunately they can't win in San Diego who is waiting to play the winner of the Ravens/Patriots Wild Card game...Regardless who wins the Jets/Bengals Game that winner goes to Indy to play the top seeded Colts.

However should the Jets and Ravens both win then the 6th seeded Ravens would travel to Indy and the fifth seeded Jets trek out to San Diego. This is not that far fetched of a scenario, in fact I don't see anyway The Bengals can stop The Jets running game and move the ball themselves against the NFL's best defense..

Bottom line as far as Welker goes. Sure he will be missed but Julian Edelman is nearly a carbon copy of the undersized but shifty and quick Welker (Ok Edelman is taller). He is as able a replacement as The Patriots could hope to have available. Last year he was the QB in Kent St's Option offense. Like Welker he can take a lickin and keep on tickin.

Some good news for The Pats:

QB Tom Brady (finger on right hand/right shoulder/ribs), WR Julian Edelman (forearm), DE Jarvis Green (knee), T Nick Kaczur (shoulder), CB Shawn Springs (knee), DE Ty Warren (ankle), TE Benjamin Watson (knee), DL Vince Wilfork (foot) all had full participation in practice today.

2009 All Pro and six year veteran NT Vince Wilfork reacting to QB Tom Brady winning Comeback Player of the Year: "He is the best QB I have ever been around. When you see how hard he works, it is hard for you not to work hard."

Ravens LB Ray Lewis on how the loss of Patriots WR Wes Welker impacts his preparation: “It doesn’t change a bit how we prepare. If you look at Julian Edelman, he’s in the mold of Wes Welker. He’s not Wes Welker, but he has a great chemistry with Tom Brady.”

Edelman is about four inches taller than Welker and has been a QB for much of his football career. He's not the best slot receiver in the game, but he will surprise a lot of casual fans that don't follow the game that closely.

In the end you can talk about Welker/Edelman all you want but for real it's time for Randy Moss to step up and have a big game regardless of the coverage and the Pats Defense to shut down 2nd year RB Ray Rice..That is where Wilfolk, Ty Warren and Jarvis Green come in..

Alas - while I give The Ravens a shot Sunday I expect the Pats to make it 9-0 at Foxboro this season only to end their season against the red hot Chargers the following week at Balmy Qualcomm Stadium.

Best game of the year shapes up to be AFC Title game if it's Chargers at Colts. A real test for both teams..Better than the Super Bowl shapes up to be.

wil.
    Last edited by wilheim; 01-07-2010 at 02:56 AM. Reason: spelling error

The Ravens will win only if Flacco has a good game. I expect Belichick to blitz him like crazy. If Flacco starts turning the ball over the Ravens have no chance.

Rx Member
    Welker will be replaced as easily as Brady was replaced last year.

Quote Originally Posted by wilheim View Post
    They may get by Baltimore but unfortunately they can't win in San Diego who is waiting to play the winner of the Ravens/Patriots Wild Card game...Regardless who wins the Jets/Bengals Game that winner goes to Indy to play the top seeded Colts.

However should the Jets and Ravens both win then the 6th seeded Ravens would travel to Indy and the fifth seeded Jets trek out to San Diego. This is not that far fetched of a scenario, in fact I don't see anyway The Bengals can stop The Jets running game and move the ball themselves against the NFL's best defense..

Bottom line as far as Welker goes. Sure he will be missed but Julian Edelman is nearly a carbon copy of the undersized but shifty and quick Welker (Ok Edelman is taller). He is as able a replacement as The Patriots could hope to have available. Last year he was the QB in Kent St's Option offense. Like Welker he can take a lickin and keep on tickin.

Some good news for The Pats:

QB Tom Brady (finger on right hand/right shoulder/ribs), WR Julian Edelman (forearm), DE Jarvis Green (knee), T Nick Kaczur (shoulder), CB Shawn Springs (knee), DE Ty Warren (ankle), TE Benjamin Watson (knee), DL Vince Wilfork (foot) all had full participation in practice today.

2009 All Pro and six year veteran NT Vince Wilfork reacting to QB Tom Brady winning Comeback Player of the Year: "He is the best QB I have ever been around. When you see how hard he works, it is hard for you not to work hard."

Ravens LB Ray Lewis on how the loss of Patriots WR Wes Welker impacts his preparation: “It doesn’t change a bit how we prepare. If you look at Julian Edelman, he’s in the mold of Wes Welker. He’s not Wes Welker, but he has a great chemistry with Tom Brady.”

Edelman is about four inches taller than Welker and has been a QB for much of his football career. He's not the best slot receiver in the game, but he will surprise a lot of casual fans that don't follow the game that closely.

In the end you can talk about Welker/Edelman all you want but for real it's time for Randy Moss to step up and have a big game regardless of the coverage and the Pats Defense to shut down 2nd year RB Ray Rice..That is where Wilfolk, Ty Warren and Jarvis Green come in..

Alas - while I give The Ravens a shot Sunday I expect the Pats to make it 9-0 at Foxboro this season only to end their season against the red hot Chargers the following week at Balmy Qualcomm Stadium.

Best game of the year shapes up to be AFC Title game if it's Chargers at Colts. A real test for both teams..Better than the Super Bowl shapes up to be.

wil.
    Wil...the Jets will lose to Cincy....Sanchez will make sure of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Horseplayer View Post
    Welker will be replaced as easily as Brady was replaced last year.
    you must be drunk.

I'm thinking of taking the Ravens and the points this weekend. The Pats are rebuilding and losing Wes is a huge blow.
    I was hoping they'd catch the Colts in the 2nd round. But then again there is no super team and its a reasonably open tournement this year.But the Chargers look the strongest.

false
    some how they always seem to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ron Mexico- View Post
    false
    some how they always seem to manage.
    That's my feeling also. The Pats plug and play like USB.

I hope Jays hotel gets bomb or sumthing
    patriots No chance against Chargers? what a joke. Patriots can play with any team. The line will be about chargers -3

J-Man Rx NFL Pick 4 Champion for 2005 kermit16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pats3peat View Post
    patriots No chance against Chargers? what a joke. Patriots can play with any team. The line will be about chargers -3
    Game will be at San Diego ... I see the line higher . Chargers - 4 1/2

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    false

they can win or lose every week with or without him.

RX Junior
    The Giants exposed the Pats by putting pressure on Brady and they looked like the average team. If Brady has time in the pocket, they can compete offensively with any of the teams in the playoffs. Bottom line, if Baltimore put pressure on Brady throughout the game, the Ravens win.