Forum: Ace-Ace's Handicapping Information Forum - Special Forum dedicated to The Rx's own Ace-Ace. All Things Ace-Ace inside.
Sponsored by Heritage Sports

Thread: "Ask Ace-Ace"

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishTim View Post
    How many points did home teams/away teams score in the regular season this year? For instance, in '08 there were 254 games: home teams scored 5,927 points for average ppg of 23.3. Away teams scored 5,263 points for a 20.7 ppg and a difference of 2.6 ppg.

Do you have the '09 numbers?

wow.. why do you want to know this....I dont keep track of that stats...but most year home team win as many as away

this year away has won 136 game vs home 120...so I would guess that away score a small amount more

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJet View Post
    Ace...love college basketball but have not been able to figure a winning formula to bet it profitably. Have a system for NBA that is 15-4 since started tracking....would love to learn a system for college hoops that wins consistently. Hope you may be able to help me with that. Thanks....JJ

you got your PM off...I cant send you a message

Ace
    In the NBA how many points do you give for home court advantige....Would this vary for each team....do you ever consider rested home teams getting additional points.....Or do you use a standard number for home court.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedogs View Post
    Ace
    In the NBA how many points do you give for home court advantige....Would this vary for each team....do you ever consider rested home teams getting additional points.....Or do you use a standard number for home court.

In NFL...most of the time its only one point....I know home dont mean much in NFL....Now NBA...I just do a standard 3 points

Due to the big line swing in the AZ/GB game would you consider ever betting the AZ ML if it got high enough?

Ace, this question would be geared to back when you first started. Its in regards to money management, something that I think is the foundation of whether you are going to be successful or have a bad addiction. Would you set a number in your head as to how low you could go if you hit a losing streak? Do you start out with a pool of money and play that win or lose? Let's say you started off and we're down 5 hundred, 2 grand or whatever number you could afford to lose, would you back off and wait to re-group or try and fight your way back?
    Myself personally I will only allow myself to fall minus 2 hundred and pay off and wait til I saw another opportunity. This works for me because I need to mentally feel a clean slate before starting another run. I'm up about $50 to date and that's okay with me. I know I can do better next year with information I'm gathering but I wonder how guys manage their money.

Hey Ace,
    do you know a place where I can find a list of umpires with the biggest strike zones, and a list with the smallest Strike zones?

Thanks
    Parker Perry

Quote Originally Posted by RoofTop View Post
    Due to the big line swing in the AZ/GB game would you consider ever betting the AZ ML if it got high enough?

Gb will win this game...by 10 or more points

Quote Originally Posted by TimesYours View Post
    Ace, this question would be geared to back when you first started. Its in regards to money management, something that I think is the foundation of whether you are going to be successful or have a bad addiction. Would you set a number in your head as to how low you could go if you hit a losing streak? Do you start out with a pool of money and play that win or lose? Let's say you started off and we're down 5 hundred, 2 grand or whatever number you could afford to lose, would you back off and wait to re-group or try and fight your way back?
    Myself personally I will only allow myself to fall minus 2 hundred and pay off and wait til I saw another opportunity. This works for me because I need to mentally feel a clean slate before starting another run. I'm up about $50 to date and that's okay with me. I know I can do better next year with information I'm gathering but I wonder how guys manage their money.

1 unit = $1000 at my level....NFL is the only Sport that I bet between
    .3 unit to 5 units

NBA,CBB,CFB,MLB....all my bets are under 1 unit...very real when I bet more.....bankroll has never stop me...never got close to losing it in all the last 15 years!!

as in CBB...I bet 1-3 games a day and right now at +17 units....I was a lot higher a few weeks back....so I only bet what I call balance bets
    1.5 units on one 2 on the best one...hoping that I hit them both or go 1-1 and break close to even...in this sport 1 unit =$200 or .2 units....The way I back off is to lower the play and pick less game...if I see 4 games I like ...I try one that will start a new winning way...anyone that does this betting between 30-90 game a mo...will have good runs and bad one,,,,,my goal is to see the week...but think about the month...and at the end its all about beating the game 1 unit to 1000 unts up....if you win you have done the job right

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerPerry View Post
    Hey Ace,
    do you know a place where I can find a list of umpires with the biggest strike zones, and a list with the smallest Strike zones?

Thanks
    Parker Perry

pops in the MLB if he still around...alway talk about that...I for one dont use that stat...sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-ACE View Post
    In NFL...most of the time its only one point....I know home dont mean much in NFL....Now NBA...I just do a standard 3 points
    In the 2000s, home field was worth and average of 2.6 points.

So in a sense" it takes money to make money". I would imagine when you first started you had to build up that bankroll to get to where you play the games now.

13. #38 QB rating 
    Another question Ace, football is a game where one position has a tremendous impact on how good a team can be. That position is QB. Does the QB rating have any impact on the way you look at games especially in the playoffs? (Timeout, game started)

Ace
    Whats your take on using Kelly Criterion to estimate wagers?

Will you be sharing your system for bases? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ACE-ACE View Post
    you got your PM off...I cant send you a message
    Checked not off. You should be able to send message.

to everyone....between E-mail ...PM and this new forum....I can not answer every ??'s and still watch the games and cap my CBB and NBA for Monday....so the new rule so you dont burn me out is....I pick the ones I want to anwser...lucky of the draw...
    you Are not going to learn everything in one day...

RX Junior
    ace where can we get your picks in the other sports

Quote Originally Posted by bengalfan View Post
    ace where can we get your picks in the other sports

wait....there will be away

Appreciate your time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy66 View Post
    this is hilarious

Not busting balls here, but dude where are you from and born. You are making money but your English sucks. Just asking, that's all.

ace i really appreciate your thoughts and generous efforts...you are one of the most respected cappers around.

thanks again

lookin at dallas, jets, NO and balt nt week

Quote Originally Posted by TimesYours View Post
    Another question Ace, football is a game where one position has a tremendous impact on how good a team can be. That position is QB. Does the QB rating have any impact on the way you look at games especially in the playoffs? (Timeout, game started)

It is only one Factor in many .. you just need to put value to each one

My personal view this next round is we have a QB in Peyton Manning that can carry a team on his back if they are struggling or need that late score to kick a field goal. Especially at home. Rodgers needed to do that with the win of the coin toss last night, not good enough to do that. In fact his nerves caused that 1st INT. and put them behind early.
    Manning has got to be a huge factor in dictating this outcome and affecting the line, probably more so than any other QB in the league. It was just posted in the NFL forum that the Colts only win by an average of 7 points at home so I'll be curious as to where the line winds up at. Your thoughts on a better than average, playoff, Super Bowl experienced, go to QB playing at home? Just another factor or maybe alittle more?
    We all saw what nerves can do in these games, especially with the kickers so we know its real.

Banned
    whenever ace says "PM me for a way" to follow his plays, he is only going to ask you for money (albeit less than at docsports, he is still slowly going tout)

i appreciate all the knowledge you share, ACE!

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamins View Post
    whenever ace says "PM me for a way" to follow his plays, he is only going to ask you for money (albeit less than at docsports, he is still slowly going tout)

i appreciate all the knowledge you share, ACE!

its not going to work that way....you will see....Rome was not build in 3 days and this forum will take some time I can still posted my picks until the Super bowl...