Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: What was your biggest miracle win/push in your betting history

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 What was your biggest miracle win/push in your betting history 
    we always remember the bad beats, so lets here some lucky stories. My lucky story is kinda of a bad break, but still lucky.

believe the game was uconn vs louisville in fb. I was on uconn and they were covering the spread most of the game. Louisville gets the ball right at the end of the game and drives down the field for a meaningless touchdown (only important to us gamblers). Louisville scores on the last play of the game, giving me a push. But the asshole refs not knowing the rules allows louisville to lineup for an extra point even though time has expired and it has no effect on the the outcome of the game. The kicker shanks the extra point and I got from a win to a loss to a push. In a matter of a few seconds.

MY HEART IS A HOME AND FEAR DONT LIVE HERE
    not the biggest but last week had a huge 4 teamer and two of the teams were zona and the yankees.. i dont know if you saw those games but janikowski misses 3 field goals and a easy game winner. can you imagine sitting through that game and the extra inning red sox yankees game for the last leg.

Wow extra innings for that is torture.

Last night was pretty good, monday night football; miami and the the pats. I had $85 on the pats 1st half(loser) $200 on the over $200 on the pats and a $75 parlay NE and the over. Me and a friend left applebees at half time. I said this place is bad luck lets just head back to my house its good luck there. As i turn to ESPN i see that 103 year return and it was smooth sailing from there. 13 points at half time, then 28 in the 3rd quarter and the rest is history. Netted me $472 and a good night sleep. I have hit a 6 team parlay once in my life, got me close to even that week lol.

Respect My Steez Poker King Jim's Avatar
    Minnesota covering against USC a few weeks ago was a good one

Definitely the miracle Duke half court shot during the Final 4. "The shot that made a lot of money change hands" They lost but covered.

I bet way over my head that game and lucked out.

music city miracle...............i still think it was an illegal forward pass

Quote Originally Posted by dirty moose View Post
    Wow extra innings for that is torture.

Last night was pretty good, monday night football; miami and the the pats. I had $85 on the pats 1st half(loser) $200 on the over $200 on the pats and a $75 parlay NE and the over. Me and a friend left applebees at half time. I said this place is bad luck lets just head back to my house its good luck there. As i turn to ESPN i see that 103 year return and it was smooth sailing from there. 13 points at half time, then 28 in the 3rd quarter and the rest is history. Netted me $472 and a good night sleep. I have hit a 6 team parlay once in my life, got me close to even that week lol.
    That by no means is a miracle. I didn't exactly read the subject line.

biggest bet ever was on the Music City Miracle... I layed the points.. so much had to happen for a cover...

"i had a hundy but i bet a grand"
    well i will admit i was on the losing end of that music city miracle...but for me had to be the over in a sunbowl game w/n'western and ucla a few years ago...had the over and it was looking good til the game came to a halt in the 4th quarter(game total must have been in the mid to high 60's i believe?) then in the last 2:30 mins of play. 27 pt.s were scored..how u ask?...2 RETURNED on-side kix..by a kid if i can remember named brezelle?..he returned both of them i believe...i would have thought this only happens in 'the mac'..ps. on a side note in typical n'western fashion i think they missed like 3 extra points....

RX Senior
    Giants beating the Pats in the Super Bowl...that counts ya?
    DIEHARD: New York Rangers-New York Yankees-New York Knicks-Chicago Bears-UCLA

RX Junior
    can't really remember it too well, but i know i had a run-line bet on the phillies last year and they were getting smoked and i believe is was in the 7th or 8th inning. anyway, the game ended up being called due to rain and the bet was a push. that was a lucky one.

Ct. USA, home of the 2nd, 3rd, and 106th chance
    There was a game in the 1980's, Penn St and I believe Michigan.
    I had Penn State, they were up 12-10 with 4 ticks left on the clock.
    Penn State was -1.5
    Michigan's last minute drive stalled at the the JoePa's 5 yard line.

Wolves call time out, then send out Joe Automatic to kick a game winning 22 yarder.
    Your proverbial chip shot, and your pal Bill is out 2 yards, or so it would seem.

Snap, clean as freshly changed newborns diaper.
    Hold, perfect as perfect can be.
    This beefy PSU lineman leapfrogs the center, gets his meathook on the leather, deflects it.

You pal Bill did this all night.

2011 UConn Huskies, Big East and National Champions !

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    I've got the winner, forgetaboutit

Bet Air Force in a bowl game 20+ years ago. Just over one minute left, I was losing by 15.5 points. AF was losing SU by a lot more. AF brings in a senior QB that never played a down. He leads them to a quick TD. they get a 2 pt conversion. They recover an onside kick, and then with the clock expiring just as they snap the ball, he throws a 20 yd TD pass. In those days, you went for the xp still. They converted another 2pt conversion with no time on the clock and I cover. AF however, still lost big

Monday night game between Pittsburgh and Jacksonville when the Jags block the Fg and Cowher almost decides to tackle the dude running it all the way for a TD for the cover and that just got me back to even for the week.

had a wager on a boxer. got his arse kicked pretty much the whole fight. when they read the judges results, i got a draw. couldn't believe it..

One that will always stick out for me. It was somewhere in the 2003 time frame, I had the under in SF@COL (one of those ridiculous 15.5 o/u back in the days at Coors Field before the humidor). Anyway the game was over by several runs, and Rob Nen was closing it out. Bottom of the ninth, two outs, two strikes on the batter, and it starts pouring. Never finished the ninth, I get a push.

Had VCU +1.5, they led the whole game, then shit the bed.

Down 4 with 1 second left, game pretty much over and the guy made a 3 from the opposite ft line.

It was in the wnba. I needed 3 points to cover with 0.6 seconds left and they went to foul line got the first one which I thought didn't matter, the second one was a miss they got the rebound put it in and I covered on the buzzer. The funny thing is they were already ahead and didn't even need the basket to win but put it in anyway.

This one is hard to top...

Late 1990's. Monday night football. Bills at Cardinals.

My buddy and I bet the Bills minus the points at the Mirage in Vegas.

Buffalo was covering all game. The Cards got the ball back down double digits with a couple minutes left to go.

Jake Plummer leads the Cards down for a TD with just seconds left on the clock to pull within 1 score. That TD covered the spread for the Cards.

Bills betters were DONE at that point. EVERYONE knew the Cards would onside kick. So either the Cards get the ball back, or the Bills take a knee. Either way, we were toast.

Well?

A miracle happened. The Cards onside kicked. Henry Jones of the Bills fielded the ball cleanly in stride and went untouched the other way for a TD and a miracle cover.

Game over. Went and cashed at the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Coach View Post
    This one is hard to top...

Late 1990's. Monday night football. Bills at Cardinals.

My buddy and I bet the Bills minus the points at the Mirage in Vegas.

Buffalo was covering all game. The Cards got the ball back down double digits with a couple minutes left to go.

Jake Plummer leads the Cards down for a TD with just seconds left on the clock to pull within 1 score. That TD covered the spread for the Cards.

Bills betters were DONE at that point. EVERYONE knew the Cards would onside kick. So either the Cards get the ball back, or the Bills take a knee. Either way, we were toast.

Well?

A miracle happened. The Cards onside kicked. Henry Jones of the Bills fielded the ball cleanly in stride and went untouched the other way for a TD and a miracle cover.

Game over. Went and cashed at the window.
    i remember that, now you cant advance, i think they changed the rules shortly after that

NCAA Basketball tournament. I had Missouri -3.5, they're up by 2 with like 2 seconds left, get 2 free throws...he misses them both.

So I'm like OH (*#^*&@^&@%&@%*@&^%@ MY LIFE. There's 2 seconds left, the other team has the ball, I'm SO Fed...

EXCEPT...!!!!

The guy inbounding the ball steps over the out the bounds line without inbounding the ball!!! FOUL! Two more free throws!!! MISSOURI COVERS THE -3.5 YEESSSSS!!!

Swing was like $15k, or easily 3x my bankroll (was the final leg of a parlay).

Best. Beat. Ever.

RX Junior
    My best/biggest miracle type win was a Monday Night Football game between the Chiefs and the Chargers back in 1994-1995 or so, I was a Chiefs season ticket holder at the time and had KC -5 1/2 .... Chiefs pretty much trail the whole game so I was not very optimistic on getting a cover, and then the game goes to OT which means I am basically screwed since most OT games end up being 3 point wins .... but Tamarick Vanover returns a punt all way for around 80 some yards to give me a 6 point KC win to save my ass since I had pretty much doubled down on a negative 3K balance .... never been so happy to get back to even!!! I was jumping up and down and took down our whole row in a dogpile!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ensign_lee View Post
    NCAA Basketball tournament. I had Missouri -3.5, they're up by 2 with like 2 seconds left, get 2 free throws...he misses them both.

So I'm like OH (*#^*&@^&@%&@%*@&^%@ MY LIFE. There's 2 seconds left, the other team has the ball, I'm SO Fed...

EXCEPT...!!!!

The guy inbounding the ball steps over the out the bounds line without inbounding the ball!!! FOUL! Two more free throws!!! MISSOURI COVERS THE -3.5 YEESSSSS!!!

Swing was like $15k, or easily 3x my bankroll (was the final leg of a parlay).

Best. Beat. Ever.
    that won my friend a $4k parlay when we were out in vegas and closed out a 3 teamer for me for around 300-400. we were both going nutz

I don't get good beats, just bad ones. I've probably been on the wrong side of half the games listed in this thread lol.

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Had VCU +1.5, they led the whole game, then shit the bed.

Down 4 with 1 second left, game pretty much over and the guy made a 3 from the opposite ft line.
    Oh hell yes, I was on this one too. Never felt so good to win a game like that.

There was another, I think it was Lakers -8 in the playoffs vs. the Spurs maybe?

Lakers are up 6 and the Spurs are done fouling as the clock is winding down, someone throws the ball down court to vujacic who is standing alone with like 3 secs left, shoots a 3 with time running out instead of holding the ball. Lakers win by 9.