Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Al Pacino to Play Record Producer Phil Spector in David Mamet Film ( I could See this )

1. #1 Al Pacino to Play Record Producer Phil Spector in David Mamet Film ( I could See this ) 

Tony, Oscar and Emmy winner Al Pacino, soon to return to Broadway in The Merchant of Venice, will play Phil Spector, the record producer who worked with The Beatles and ended up in prison, in an upcoming film for HBO, according to The New York Times.
    Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright David Mamet will write and direct the film, which will be executive-produced by Oscar-winning director Barry Levinson.

Spector who completed and put together the final Beatles album "Let It Be," and who produced many other hit singles, including "Be My Baby," "Da Doo Ron Ron" and "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" is currently serving a jail sentence of 19 years to life for the murder of struggling actress Lana Clarkson in 2003.

Pacino holds two Tony Awards, for The Basic Training of Pavlo Hummel; an Oscar for "Scent of a Woman"; and two Emmys, for "You Don't Know Jack" and "Angels in America."

Mamet recently directed his latest play, Race, at Broadway's Ethel Barrymore Theatre. His 1977 Off-Broadway play, A Life in the Theatre, is currently making its Broadway debut at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre. Mamet is a Pulitzer Prize winner for Glengarry Glen Ross and an Oscar nominee for his screenplays for "Wag the Dog" and "The Verdict.

OMG he looks like hell in that pic

Self appointed RX World Champion Handicapper
    Could make a very good case for Pacino being the greatest actor ever. His list of movies is incredible .

RX Junior
    Whoo-Ah!

So overrated. If he is the "greatest actor of all time" then Kiss is the greatest rock and roll group of all time and the Detroit Lions rule the NFL.

good choice for the role, looks almost just like him

I think I want my money back! 2PLAYSMAX's Avatar
    LMAO...Spector...classic nutcase

Self appointed RX World Champion Handicapper
    pacino overrated ? if you say so .