Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Yahoo email problems

1. #1 Yahoo email problems 
    RX Local
    For the 2nd time in 3 weeks my yahoo password wont work. The first time I was able to reset it after 24 hours or whatever but now its doing it again and I cant reset it. I tried to use the online customer service but its taking forever (over an hour and a half with no signs of any help)

Was wondering if anyone knew a customer service phone # to call? I cant find one on the site.

Lot of people seem to be getting spam sent out from their emails these days on Yahoo, might be time to switch to Gmail.

RX Local
    Also just sent an email to my yahoo from another email and I get an auto response from some pharma drug. Such BS, this has happened to a few people I know as well so Im guessing a lot of yall have some experience with it.

i have no trouble logging into yahoo mail. I do see that the chat /instant message feature has been down here and there the last week though.

-murph

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy8276 View Post
    i have no trouble logging into yahoo mail. I do see that the chat /instant message feature has been down here and there the last week though.

-murph
    murph whats your account have to do with my account? I didnt say ALL yahoo emails had been hacked. Wish I could fix it though, once I do im probably moving to gmail. All the spam I get from peoples emails are yahoo accounts.

I logged on last week and I window popped up suggesting me to change my pin...apparently they have been having some problems lately
    http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/

I don't see any phone numbers

No problems here......Today

Had some problems with another account that i use time from time
    Couldn't send out an email

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by Betallsports View Post
    No problems here......
    ok I am really confused why people keep saying theyre having no problems. Nobody was asking if you were having problems this minute, I was asking if you had any solutions to my problem, lol. Sucks they dont have any phone numbers because the chat option just wont work.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    ok I am really confused why people keep saying theyre having no problems. Nobody was asking if you were having problems this minute, I was asking if you had any solutions to my problem, lol. Sucks they dont have any phone numbers because the chat option just wont work.

Always thought there was a Phone # ?? maybe that was years ago

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    Explanation: most of the time, in a big computer system, not a 'single person' is going to have the issue but its more likely that there are reasons and the cause of the problem is widespread, so if for example I go in and say "I am having trouble with yahoo" , someone could say "yeah ,its totally down, here is the report on the problem"

(I would never put a phone number to provide customer service to a free service but thats just me)

RX Local
    I found a # and the wait time is long cause it is backed up I guess. In general though Yahoo email seems to be going down the tubes. Every 2-3 weeks I get a new spam pharma drug from an email address of someone I know. Its not like I know a ton of people either.

That's crazy...........how can "yahoo email seems to be going down the tubes" because you simply get spam???

I manage email servers (among other types) and well.................I am glad my boss doesn't think "we" are going down the tubes because she gets spam LOL!

all you need is that your computer (of one of your friends) gets infected with a virus...and voila, you are going to get more spam.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie_cr View Post
    That's crazy...........how can "yahoo email seems to be going down the tubes" because you simply get spam???

I manage email servers (among other types) and well.................I am glad my boss doesn't think "we" are going down the tubes because she gets spam LOL!

all you need is that your computer (of one of your friends) gets infected with a virus...and voila, you are going to get more spam.
    I didnt just say get spam. I also said send spam from my email. This happens to a lot of people i know as well. Some pharma BS email gets sent out to everyone youve had email contact with under your name. Ive heard this rarely ever happens with gmail.