Forum: Political Forum - Spirited Political comedy. All serious political and World Event posting is also to be posted in this forum.

Thread: Ever Wonder Why California is so Broke?

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Lanquel View Post
    Oh, so you know the answer and were just testing the class. Also very funny. We should consider forming a troupe
    Your numbers were smart ass, 420 420 420... so you get what you deserve. California WAS the best state in the union, now it is ruined.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Your numbers were smart ass, 420 420 420... so you get what you deserve. California WAS the best state in the union, now it is ruined.
    Amazing how much people outside of California tell me compared to what my many friends and family who live there tell me.

Nonetheless I will quickly alert them all to pack up their belongings, sell off everything else and relocate to "the Midwest" where everything will be all better
    donnie trump is just another Nixon.....well that is if Nixon had 4th grade literacy and was 183 lbs overweight

RX Senior
    And what is smartass about the number 420??
    donnie trump is just another Nixon.....well that is if Nixon had 4th grade literacy and was 183 lbs overweight

RX Senior
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Lanquel View Post
    And what is smartass about the number 420??
    Angel
    Number420Meaning
    . Angel
    numbermeaning420
    is an interesting combination of digits.
    Number
    4 is a
    number
    of transparency. This is honest dealings. It is being truthful.
    Number
    2 is a
    number
    of equality. It is being fair to everyone despite their color or origin.
    Number
    0 is a symbol of teamwork.

420 equals Public Unions..... No
    transparency No
    equality No teamwork
    Trump Lied Obama Mislead. Can anyone explain difference?

RX Deplorable
    Gas prices today in Democrat Commiefornia:

Progressivism is the bastard child of Marxism

RX Deplorable
    LA has the highest homeless population in the US:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1085739828921188352

A bike ride through the tent cities in Anaheim.

What a liberal shit hole.

California’s new governor has wasted little time continuing the state’s seemingly limitless expansion of government. Governor Gavin Newsom’s first budget proposal, published last week, suggests instituting a tax on drinking water

RX Senior
    Definitely some shitty parts developing in southern part of the state, but living in the middle of Silicon Valley has been amazing for me personally.
    Go Patriots

Life's a bitch, then you die! Dave007inVegas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StanfordSam View Post
    Definitely some shitty parts developing in southern part of the state, but living in the middle of Silicon Valley has been amazing for me personally.
    Care to share?

John Stossel: San Francisco has become the slum by the bay -- Bad laws cause city's homeless crisis

I’ve never seen slums in Africa, but I’ve seen them in Haiti and India.
    What I saw in San Francisco looked similar. As one local resident put it, “There’s shit everywhere. It’s just a mess out here.”
    There’s also lots of mental illness. One man told us, “Vampires are real. I’m paranoid as hell.” San Francisco authorities mostly leave the mentally ill to fend for themselves on the street.
    Other vagrants complain about them. “They make it bad for people like us that hang out with a sign,” one beggar told us.
    San Francisco is a pretty good place to “hang out with a sign.” People are rarely arrested for vagrancy, aggressive panhandling or going to the bathroom in front of people’s homes. In 2015, there were 60,491 complaints to police, but only 125 people were arrested.
    Public drug use is generally ignored. One woman told us, “It’s nasty seeing people shoot up -- right in front of you. Police don’t do anything about it! They’ll get somebody for drinking a beer but walk right past people using needles.”
    Each day in San Francisco, an average of 85 cars are broken into.
    “Inside Edition” ran a test to see how long stereo equipment would last in a parked car. Their test car was quickly broken into. Then the camera crew discovered that their own car had been busted into as well.
    Some store owners hire private police to protect their stores. But San Francisco’s police union has complained about the competition. Now there are only a dozen private cops left, and street people dominate neighborhoods.
    We followed one private cop, who asked street people, “Do you need any type of homeless outreach services?”
    Most say no. “They love the freedom of not having to follow the rules,” said the cop.
    And San Francisco is generous. It offers street people food stamps, free shelter, train tickets and $70 a month in cash.
    “They’re always offering resources,” one man dressed as Santa told us. “San Francisco’s just a good place to hang out.”
    So, every week, new people arrive.
    Some residents want the city to get tougher with people living on the streets.
    “Get them to the point where they have to make a decision between jail and rehab,” one told us. “Other cities do it, but for some reason, San Francisco doesn’t have the political will.”
    For decades, San Francisco’s politicians promised to fix the homeless problem.
    When Sen. Dianne Feinstein was mayor, she proudly announced that she was putting the homeless in hotels: “A thousand units, right here in the Tenderloin!”
    When California Governor Gavin Newsom was mayor of San Francisco, he bragged, “We have already moved 6,860 human beings.”
    Last year, former Mayor Mark Farrell said, “We need to fund programs like Homeward Bound.”
    But the extra funding hasn’t worked.
    One reason is that even if someone did want to get off the street and rent an apartment, there aren’t many available.
    San Francisco is filled with two-and three-story buildings, and in most neighborhoods, putting up a taller building is illegal. Even where zoning laws allow it, California regulations make construction so difficult that many builders won’t even try.
    For years, developer John Dennis has been trying to convert an old meatpacking plant into an apartment building -- but it has taken him four years just to get permission to build.
    CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
    “And all that time, we’re paying property taxes and paying for maintenance,” says Dennis. “I will do no more projects in San Francisco.”
    People in San Francisco often claim to be concerned about helping the poor. But their many laws make life much tougher for the poor.

John Stossel's video on what a shit-hole San Fransiscio is:

such a utopia.....pay 13% in state income tax and still have to dodge the homeless, run away from the rats, and avoid being bitten by a typhus-carrying flea while putting out your uncollected garbage.

Typhus is a bacterial infection which is spread by lice, chiggers, and fleas. Usually, those pests find a home on rats. The rats in most cases have a population boom because of excessive garbage. And the disease infects people who come in contact with the rats. That’s what is driving the disease in Los Angeles where an outbreak has been traced to homeless encampments.

San Francisco Chronicle...

San Francisco has more drug addicts than it has students enrolled in its public high schools,
    the city Health Department’s latest estimates conclude.

There are about 24,500 injection drug users in San Francisco — that’s about 8,500 more people
    than the nearly 16,000 students enrolled in San Francisco Unified School District’s 15 high
    schools and illustrates the scope of the problem on the city’s streets.

Simply lovely.

Also...
    Would you shovel human shit for more than $184,000 a year in salary and benefits?
    If so San Fran has a job for you.

As members of the city's "Poop Patrol," workers are entitled to $71,760 a year, plus
    an additional $112,918 in benefits, such as healthcare and retirement savings, the
    San Francisco Chronicle reported.

A tad disgusting but not to shabby.

Just like a 3rd world country.

Deputy city attorney says she contracted typhus at City Hall

Greenwood, who works in a unit that defends the LAPD in lawsuits brought against the department, is the only City Hall employee who has said publicly that she contracted typhus.

The disease, which has been around since medieval times, is carried by rats. Fleas become infected when they bite rats and then spread it to humans either through bites or when the insects’ feces are rubbed into a cut or scrape in a person’s skin.

Typhus has been a growing problem in L.A. The disease is associated with overcrowding and unsanitary conditions, and last year, after a half dozen homeless people came down with typhus, county officials declared an outbreak in downtown L.A. At the time, they urged residents to steer clear of rats and other wild animals.

RX Deplorable
    This is what Democrats mean when they claim they always "win the popular vote" = Commiefornia (with massive voter fraud).

Take away Commiefornia and Democrats would never win another national election.

As this thread proves, Commiefornia values are NOT American values.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave007inVegas View Post
    Care to share?
    Care to share what?
    Go Patriots

Care to share what?
    You said, living in the middle of Silicon Valley has been amazing for you personally.

Let me be a little more blunt. What the fuck is so amazing about living in the middle of Silicon Valley?

my clock is stuck on 420 time to hit this bong brendanjack's Avatar
    You said, living in the middle of Silicon Valley has been amazing for you personally.

Let me be a little more blunt. What the fuck is so amazing about living in the middle of Silicon Valley?
    He is happy because the food pantries there give out steak and lobster all you can eat and they refuse no one

Quote Originally Posted by brendanjack View Post
    He is happy because the food pantries there give out steak and lobster all you can eat and they refuse no one
    I did not know that.

RX Senior

-Amazing weather year around (which is great for me, because I’m a runner)
    -Great people; laid back atmosphere
    -A lot of great companies/jobs
    -Great food; lots of cool shops and restaurants
    -Lots of things to do
    -Great proximity to cool places: easy to go up to SF, shoot down the coast to Santa Cruz, Pebble Beach; not to far from Tahoe to ski/do water stuff

Only real downside is the cost of housing. But even that is not as bad as I thought it would be. I live in a really nice neighborhood. Coming from Midwest, it is much nicer out here.
    Go Patriots

-Lots of things to do
    -Great proximity to cool places: easy to go up to SF, shoot down the coast to Santa Cruz, Pebble Beach; not to far from Tahoe to ski/do water stuff

Only real downside is the cost of housing. But even that is not as bad as I thought it would be. I live in a really nice neighborhood. Coming from Midwest, it is much nicer out here.
    Huh? The average cost of a house in Palo Alto is 16 times the national average. Fuck that.

The median home price in Palo Alto is $3,284,200.
    COST OF LIVING Palo Alto USA
    Housing 1,756 100
    Median Home Cost $3,284,200 $216,200
    Utilities 90 100
    Transportation 161 100

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by festeringZit View Post
    Huh? The average cost of a house in Palo Alto is 16 times the national average. Fuck that.

The median home price in Palo Alto is $3,284,200.
    COST OF LIVING Palo Alto USA
    Housing 1,756 100
    Median Home Cost $3,284,200 $216,200
    Utilities 90 100
    Transportation 161 100
    I'm actually surprised it's that low to be honest.

Most people who live in the area rent. It's not for everyone
    Go Patriots

-Lots of things to do

With all this to do...why do you spend 12-16 hours a day on this site? Simply just curious.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodStool View Post
    With all this to do...why do you spend 12-16 hours a day on this site? Simply just curious.
    Even if that were remotely true, why do you care?
    Go Patriots