Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Bill Cowher..............."PACKERS best team EVER"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Bill Cowher..............."PACKERS best team EVER" 
    Bill Cowher is not waiting around for a more convenient time to say it.

He's willing to make his declaration right now.
    Cowher, "The NFL Today" studio analyst, is not wa
    iting until the Packers win their second consecutive Super Bowl. He's ready to crown their - ah - heads right now, to borrow some of the parlance Denny Green once used.

"Guys, we are watching greatness," Cowher said on Sunday. "In my opinion, no team has been greater. You know what? You can pick and say well, the defense is not great. They have never trailed in the fourth quarter in these 18 games. You are going to give up some yards. They take the ball away. You are watching the greatest team in football history unfold before our eyes. Let's enjoy it. Let's embrace it."

RX Wizard
    wow

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    They have never trailed in the fourth quarter in these 18 games. [/B]
    ........19 straight now.

team? I will agree their offense is amazing for sure.
    It will be very very hard for any team to go into GB and beat them in the playoffs

RX Junior
    I think the only team that has a chance is New Orleans. And a small one at that.

There's no way this is the greatest team ever. They have the best player in the NFL and a great offense, but give me a break. They have only played one playoff contender, and that was a back and forth game back in Week 1. They have no balance on offense, and their defense sucks. In fact- I want to say their team LAST year was better than this one.

First off Im a huge Packers fan as Fishhead knows and I think they run the Table also but the only team with a chance to beat them in The Super Bowl if they make it from the AFC IMO is the Ravens believe it or not.

RX Junior
    they have a great offense but their defense still needs improvement to be the greatest ever...

Banned
    Notice how dumbass cant see the forest for the trees bill cowher is the only person saying this in public.

best offense ever, you might have a chance

best team ever is fucking laughable. that defense is not even close to being good enough for best team ever. might be different if they still had their safety but probably not

RX Senior
    Best team ever. The 2011 Indianapolis Colts.

Laughable as I don't feel they are the best team in their conference. The Giants & Saints will have something to say come playoff time in any of those rematches.
    Boise State Broncos: 2 Time Uncrowned National Champions!

Where Taconite Is Just A Low Grade Ore
    The Packers & Colts are jokes. Not in the same ballpark w/Steelers of the 70's or Niners of the 80's. He and anyone else is being ridiculous to say otherwise.

First, let's see if they can even be the best team now...this season...by winning the SBowl.

As we've seen before, a team can go 16-0, even 18-0, and still be second fiddle.

Regular season wins don't mean much.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    ........19 straight now.

did you start a thread earlier this year fish how this is in no way shape or form the best team ever..had do to with some pointspread they had in some road game If I recall? so what do you think now?

Whatever
    In 19 games, have NEVER trailed in fourth quarter. Sure they do not have the 85 Bears D, or the ground and pound teams of Czonka and Kiick, Pittsburg, but they run enough to keep teams honest. The passing game, well, dont know if I have seen a better one. The d takes the ball away at a high rate. Special teams much above average. A team brought up through the draft within a disciplined system. Time will tell, but if there is better, I would like to see it.

Greg Jennings to have MRI today...................I expect him to miss at least the remainder of the regular season, if not the playoffs also.

The rumors are that he indeed has a torn MCL.........ugh.

Jennings is the Packers best receiver, this will be a very big loss for the Packers.

The Packers overcame monumental injuries last season in route to their championship................singnificant injuries are once again hitting this team.

LT CLIFTON
    SS NICK COLLINS
    WR GREG JENNINGS
    RB JAMES STARKS
    OG JOSH SITTON
    LB'S AJ HAWK AND DESMOND BISHOP

Those are seven darn good football players right there............ CLIFTON, JENNINGS, SITTON, and JENNINGS more so than the others.

Lets get thru the playoffs before making this kind of declaration... I'm a Packers fan but still think the 85 Bears are the best team of all time..

Go thru any of these tms D, and compare them position by position to the Steel Curtain, NOT!! also most important spot on ANY tm QB. McMahon to Bradshaw or Montana, get real. Swan, Stallworth, Rice, etc.!! Wake up guys. And to whoever said "the best tm I ever saw", I'm sure that's correct, as you're not old enough to have seen Joe Green, Hamm, Lambert, Blount etc.!

Quote Originally Posted by silver7 View Post
    Go thru any of these tms D, and compare them position by position to the Steel Curtain, NOT!! also most important spot on ANY tm QB. McMahon to Bradshaw or Montana, get real. Swan, Stallworth, Rice, etc.!! Wake up guys. And to whoever said "the best tm I ever saw", I'm sure that's correct, as you're not old enough to have seen Joe Green, Hamm, Lambert, Blount etc.!
    Agree with you, the Packers defense not to be considered one of the best of all-time.........but when you couple their style of defense with the supurb Packers SPECIAL TEAMS and a top calibur offense that can certainly be considered one of the best of all-time, one can see where COWHER and others may certainly see the all-time greatness of this team.................but like many said, they would have to win this years SUPERBOWL to even start to be considered in the great teams of years past over a 2+ year stretch.................and a team that would have a 25 game winning streak if that should happen, would certainly have to be at least considered one of the best of all-time.

Having said that, this 2011 Packer defense is much the same as their 2010 team..............and that defense played great, yes great down the stretch last season, and this defense has tons of "playmakers" on it................led by two really, really, really, great players in WOODSON and MATTHEWS.

This Packer defense is a fantastic BALL HAWKING defense.......and has been for the better part of two seasons..........a great ball hawking defense, typical of a DON CAPERS defense.

J-Man Rx NFL Pick 4 Champion for 2005 kermit16's Avatar
    Hey fellow Minnesota Native,
    I remember a few great Packer teams of the Vince Lombardi era with Bart Starr, Jerry Kramer, Forrest Gregg, Ray Nitschke, Jim Taylor, Paul Hornung, Carroll Dale, Herb Adderley, Willie Davis, Willie wood, Henry Jordan, Dave Robinson and I'm sure I've left out a few. They were a great team on both sides of the ball. Greatest ever ? Hard question to answer but the 85 Bears, Montana Frisco teams, Bradshaw Steelers all come to mind. However in the mind of this oldtimer... don't leave out the Lombardi Packer teams just because you youngsters never saw them play !

Kemit, good points all. I know, I know, he's a HOF etc., but just never a big Starr guy. That OL might have been as good as there ever was. A MN guy HUH, oh the heartbreak of 4 SB losses. The one to KC hurt me the most, I hated that strutting little peacock Stramm, as much as I do Buddy R & all the Ryans. BOL to you. Do you ever get home?

Vikings fans ..............great LOYALITY, but for the most part, not to sharp when it comes to the NFL, and the silly statements they make towards Packer fans is insane.

Would love to see a VIKINGS/BILLS superbowl someday.............going to love the WILL THE GAME GO INTO OVERTIME prop in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    First off Im a huge Packers fan as Fishhead knows and I think they run the Table also but the only team with a chance to beat them in The Super Bowl if they make it from the AFC IMO is the Ravens believe it or not.
    Yeah. Best post in the thread. That would make for an incredible super bowl. Because both of those defenses are really good. It's just that the pack are still better because of their offense.

It would be fun to root for the under in a SB for a change LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by RobFunk View Post
    Yeah. Best post in the thread. That would make for an incredible super bowl. Because both of those defenses are really good. It's just that the pack are still better because of their offense.

It would be fun to root for the under in a SB for a change LOL.

RAVENS, STEELERS, and PATS could all pull the upset over the PACKERS if they reach the Superbowl.................the only three teams in the AFC I feel has a chance to do such.

A PATS/PACKERS superbowl would be off the charts popular...............and would be a BOOM for the betting industry.

J-Man Rx NFL Pick 4 Champion for 2005 kermit16's Avatar
    Kemit, good points all. I know, I know, he's a HOF etc., but just never a big Starr guy. That OL might have been as good as there ever was. A MN guy HUH, oh the heartbreak of 4 SB losses. The one to KC hurt me the most, I hated that strutting little peacock Stramm, as much as I do Buddy R & all the Ryans. BOL to you. Do you ever get home?
    Yes, it was always a bad taste to think of all those great Viking teams back then and no Super Bowl rings. As for Bart Starr, I am surprised that you weren't that big on him.I have met him in Vegas and I have an autographed GB Helmet right in front of me. I always look at him as one of the best ever. Why ? He always took care of the ball and knew that his team and defense would take care of business. I think He had one of the best ever TD to INT ratios back in those days. He was always willing to take a sack rather than throw away the ball for an int. 5 NFL titles speak for themselves even if today's media act as though the first 3 Championship don't count as Super Bowl Titles. They changed the name .. Big deal ! Home to me is Oregon as I have spent most of my life there. I was born In St. Cloud, Mn. but I have no intention of ever returning to live there. I do remember ice fishing there however !