POINTS THAT MATTER 2 OUT OF 10 20%

YEAR TOTAL WITH PLAYOFF

H 135
A 131

DOG 131
FAV 133

OV 134
UN 131

AS I SAID BEFORE...IT ALL BALANCE IN THE END 50-50 IN MOST STATS OVER THE LAST 15 YEARS

POINTS THAT MATTER 41 OUT OF 266...LOW AT 15.4%....MOST YEAR ITS 16%

MYLINE NUMBER FOR THE SUPERBOWL

....................YEAR.............LAST 10 GAMES.......8...............4
NE..................-.5
NYG......................................-3......................-4.5............-8.5

AS YOU SEE IF YOU ARE BETTING NYG...ITS BASE ON THE LAST 10 WEEKS!!!

LINEOFF

NE +56 VS NYG +35.................................EDGE NE

NEVER BEEN A TEAM IN THE SUPERBOWL WITH A MINUS IN LINEOFF!

ATS FOR THE YEAR

NYG 11-7 VS NE 10-8................................EDBE NYG

BOOKS AVG FOR TOTAL
NYG 49
NE 50

WHAT THEY DID
NYG 47.5
NE 47.5

THIS TELLS A STORY DONT IT...................

1ST HALF SCORING VS 2ND HALF

NE 89-91
NYG 68-58
BASE ON LAST 5 GAMES EDGE TO NE 1ST HALF SHOULD WIN BY 5

AVG SCORE LAST 5 GAMES

NE 36
NYG 25............................AVG 30.5

SCORE AGAINST LAST 5 GAMES

NE 27
NYG 19...........................AVG 23

YOU CAN DO THE MATH HERE...........

There is no 411 play this week....bad year for it
4 year total still 64%...high hope for a winning record next year
meet someone that told me I was not following all the rules of the old system...with that and added 5 key stats... we will see!!!!

NFL
Long Sheet

Sunday, February 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY GIANTS (12 - 7) vs. NEW ENGLAND (15 - 3) - 2/5/2012, 6:30 PM
Top Trends for this game.
NEW ENGLAND is 51-30 ATS (+18.0 Units) revenging a loss against opponent since 1992.
NEW ENGLAND is 90-65 ATS (+18.5 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record since 1992.
NEW ENGLAND is 63-39 ATS (+20.1 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record in the second half of the season since 1992.
NY GIANTS are 11-2 ATS (+8.8 Units) in road games against AFC East division opponents since 1992.
NY GIANTS are 36-17 ATS (+17.3 Units) in road games after 2 or more consecutive wins since 1992.
NY GIANTS are 8-2 ATS (+5.8 Units) when playing against a team with a winning record this season.

Head-to-Head Series History
NY GIANTS is 1-0 against the spread versus NEW ENGLAND over the last 3 seasons
NY GIANTS is 1-0 straight up against NEW ENGLAND over the last 3 seasons
1 of 1 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL
Short Sheet

Sunday, February 5

Super Bowl XLVI
NY GIANTS vs NEW ENGLAND, 6:30 PM ET
NBC
NY GIANTS: 10-2 ATS as a Wild Card team
NEW ENGLAND: 26-9 Over in all games

** (TC) Denotes Time Change

NFL

Sunday, February 5

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trend Report
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6:30 PM
NY GIANTS vs. NEW ENGLAND
NY Giants are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the NY Giants last 6 games
New England is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
The total has gone OVER in 7 of New England's last 8 games

Red - Hot trends are trends 80% or higher. Blue - Cold trends are trends 20% or lower.

ATS Trends

N.Y. Giants
Giants are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a S.U. win.
Giants are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a ATS win.
Giants are 7-0 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
Giants are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog.
Giants are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
Giants are 8-0 ATS in their last 8 playoff games as an underdog.
Giants are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 playoff games.
Giants are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after accumulating more than 350 total yards in their previous game.
Giants are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after accumulating more than 250 yards passing in their previous game.
Giants are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games on fieldturf.
Giants are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 playoff games as an underdog of 0.5-3.0.

Giants are 13-4-1 ATS in their last 18 games as an underdog of 0.5-3.0.

New England
Patriots are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games following a ATS loss.
Patriots are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 Superbowl games.
Patriots are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 playoff games as a favorite.
Patriots are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 playoff games.

OU Trends

N.Y. Giants
Under is 4-0 in Giants last 4 games on fieldturf.
Over is 9-1-1 in Giants last 11 games after accumulating less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
Under is 5-1 in Giants last 6 games overall.
Under is 4-1 in Giants last 5 games following a S.U. win.
Under is 8-2 in Giants last 10 playoff games.
Under is 4-1 in Giants last 5 games following a ATS win.
Under is 4-1 in Giants last 5 vs. a team with a winning record.

Over is 11-4-1 in Giants last 16 games after accumulating more than 350 total yards in their previous game.
Under is 5-2 in Giants last 7 playoff games as an underdog.
Over is 5-2 in Giants last 7 games as an underdog.

New England
Over is 5-0 in Patriots last 5 games after allowing more than 250 yards passing in their previous game.
Over is 4-0 in Patriots last 4 games following a ATS loss.

Over is 8-2 in Patriots last 10 games after allowing more than 350 total yards in their previous game.
Over is 22-7 in Patriots last 29 games overall.
Over is 22-7 in Patriots last 29 games following a S.U. win.
Over is 24-8 in Patriots last 32 games as a favorite.
Over is 14-5 in Patriots last 19 vs. a team with a winning record.
Over is 8-3-1 in Patriots last 12 games as a favorite of 0.5-3.0.
Over is 26-10-1 in Patriots last 37 games on fieldturf.

Head to Head

Under is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings in New England.
Giants are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings.
Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.
Underdog is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings.

More to come

Ace

EX BOOKIE
Tokens
where the bets

65% on nyg
55% on under

got a book report from my good friend in chi.... 4 sharp are on nyg....most books there is 2 or 2.5 now

EX BOOKIE
Tokens
FROM MY PARTNER AT DOCSPORTS

Super Bowl Betting: Handicapping the Quarterbacks
by Aaron Smith - 1/27/2012
spacer.gif

tom-brady-8.jpg

Four years ago the Patriots went into Super Bowl XLII with a perfect record, but it was the Giants who spoiled that chance at perfection and won the Super Bowl. The Giants and the Patriots will meet on Feb. 5 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. After an offseason with lots of questions, the NFL has produced plenty of excitement throughout the season. Now it’s time for the biggest day of the year in all of sports.
Doc’s Sports is examining the Super Bowl from every angle possible to help the average bettor be well-informed going into the big game. There really is no such thing as too much information for a game of this magnitude. The oddsmakers put extremely sharp Super Bowl odds on this game each year, so be prepared to think outside the box if you wish to find value. Let’s take a closer look at the quarterback matchup in Super Bowl XLVI to help you with Super Bowl betting..
[SIZE=+1]

[/SIZE]

Handicapping the Super Bowl XVLI Quarterbacks: Tom Brady
The single biggest reason the New England Patriots have been one the league’s most successful franchises of late is Tom Brady. Brady is one of the smartest players in all of football and it shows on a game-to-game basis.
Tom Brady Strengths
With a guy as solid as Brady this list could go on forever, but we’ll take a look at the biggest strengths of his game. No one in the NFL has better pocket presence than Brady. He seems to know the perfect time to get rid of the ball is on nearly every snap. He also is one of the most accurate passers in the league. Brady knows exactly where the ball needs to be for only his receiver to have a chance at the football. Brady’s mechanics are nearly flawless in both his footwork as well as his passing motion.
Tom Brady Weaknesses
Brady does not have a ton of weaknesses, but mobility is definitely at the top of the list. He isn’t the type of guy that can elude a pass rush with his feet very often at all. Brady’s lack of quickness means that when teams get pressure right up the middle he often struggles to improvise. Brady needs a clean pocket to throw from if the Patriots are going to win this game.
Handicapping the Super Bowl XVLI Quarterbacks: Eli Manning
Eli Manning has taken quite a bit of heat in the media during his career, but it is hard to argue with the level of success he has had. Manning bested Brady the first time around in Super Bowl XLII, and he has stepped up in the postseason this year as well.
Eli Manning Strengths
Manning is terrific at standing in the pocket and waiting until the last second to deliver the football. Countless times in last week’s win at San Francisco Manning was hit hard just after he threw the ball, and many of those times the Giants picked up a big gain. Manning has great arm speed when he lets go of the football. This allows him to put a lot on passes even when he is on the move and can’t square his shoulders. Manning is about as good as you’ll find at going through all his progressions and spreading the ball around.
Eli Manning Weaknesses
The single biggest weakness in Manning’s game is clearly the fact that he throws too many interceptions. It seems he trusts himself too much for his own good. Manning has been at or near the top of the NFL in interceptions thrown almost every year since he has been in the league. Occasionally, Manning holds onto the ball too long and trusts his mobility more than he should.
Handicapping the Super Bowl XLVI Quarterbacks: The Edge
Brady gives the Patriots a minor edge at the quarterback spot, but there is not as huge a difference here as some may believe. It is obvious that Manning is a better quarterback than he was when the Giants beat the Patriots four years ago. Both guys have plenty of reliable targets to throw the ball to in a tough spot. Don’t be surprised if both of these quarterbacks put on a show in this biggest game of the year.
Before you bet on Super Bowl XLVI, be sure you factor in the play of the quarterbacks. There is no more important position on the field.

EX BOOKIE
Tokens
Northcoast Super Bowl System Play 39-4-2 = 91%

2011-2012 Northcoast Super Bowl System play: New England - points

Hank Stram’s SuperBowl Winning System or other s call it the Hank Stram Super Bowl Formula
Points are awarded to the team that has gained the edge in each parameter.
Hank-Stram-System-for-SuperBowl-XLV-20111.jpg

The points awarded DO NOT reflect the FINAL SCORE!

base on that formula NE getting 65 points nyg 33...picking NE

I have email them about this...and we will work together next season....

EX BOOKIE
Tokens
someone else did those number...and they are not right...will someone do the numbers on hank stram sys amd tell me us what it is...only 78.5 points you can get...and the 1st two dont count this year.

Tokens
someone else did those number...and they are not right...will someone do the numbers on hank stram sys amd tell me us what it is...only 78.5 points you can get...and the 1st two dont count this year.

I came up with NE 41.5 Giants 14. Some of the stats were very close and there was one they pushed. I wouldn't be surprised if someone came up with different numbers. I used team rankings.com

EX BOOKIE
Tokens
I came up with NE 41.5 Giants 14. Some of the stats were very close and there was one they pushed. I wouldn't be surprised if someone came up with different numbers. I used team rankings.com

good job...

Tokens
I did the numbers on the Hank Stram Super Bowl System and my numbers were similiar to TWJD's... I have NE 43.5 to NYG 11.0

First two categories of system were not applicable so no one was awarded the first two categories of points "10"pts or one of the "8" was not applicable...

The category "5"pts to the team with the lowest defensive rush averge per carry was a wash as both teams give up 4.5 yards per carry

that leaves 54.5 points to be awarded based on the remainder of the system(total points available with system 77.5- 23=54.5)

thus

New England 43.5 NYG 11.0

NY GIANTS win 3 categories
"4"pts team with the better ATS record
"4"pts team that has the superior NET penalty yards
"3"pts to the team with the most sacks
"11" points Total NYGiants

New England Patriots take the other remaining "11" categories for a total of 43.5pts

Based on the Hank Stram Super Bowl System looks like a lopsided NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS victory...

Yours in Winners
BernieV

Tokens
Does anyone have or know how to obtain the betting %'s of the public in the past Super Bowls?

Ace does the fact that the Gmen had a better record against teams w/a winning record play a roll in who you pick?

EX BOOKIE
Tokens
Does anyone have or know how to obtain the betting %'s of the public in the past Super Bowls?

Ace does the fact that the Gmen had a better record against teams w/a winning record play a roll in who you pick?

It's a battle of what nyg has done in the last 6 games vs a team we know has the best qb.....winning record vs winning teams tha they play...was a factor for me

EX BOOKIE
Tokens
today there is only one play and it will be a investment play

I will show two prop bets that support the investment play

full write-up and play posted 45 min's before kick off

it was a good season...

Ace

EX BOOKIE
Tokens
pubic is mixed

SO has
NE 55% OF THE BETTOR
AND
OVER 71%

MOST HAVE
NYG 58%
UNDER 51%

COVERS HAS
NYG 52%
OVER 70%

ACE

EX BOOKIE
Tokens
Super Bowl Commercial Cheat Sheet

Pregame
:30 Century 21
(2) :30 Relativity Media “Act of Valor”
:30 Hyundai “Victory Lap”
:30 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec: Faster Acting
:30 Sony Pictures “21 Jump Street”
:30 Sony Pictures “Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengance”
:30 Lionsgate “The Hunger Games”
:30 Downy Unstopables “Amy Sedaris and Mean Joe Greene”

Coin Toss

Kickoff
:60 Hyundai “All for One – Workers sing Rocky theme”

1st Quarter
:30 Budweiser Platinum “Factory”
:30 Budweiser Platinum “Work”
:60 Audi “#SoLongVampires”
:30 Hyundai “Cheetah”
:30 Mars M&M’s “Ms. Brown”
:30 Walt Disney “John Carter”
:30 Coca-Cola “Superstition”
:30 Lexus “The Beast”
:30 Best Buy “Inventors”
:45 General Electric “Power and Beer”

2nd Quarter
:30 Cars.com
:60 Budweiser “Clydesdales – Return of the King”
:30 Teleflora “Adriana Lima – Valentines”
:30 H&M “David Beckham”
:60 Coca-Cola “The Catch”
:30 Hulu “Will Arnett – TV Star”

2 min warning end of first half
:30 Sketchers GOrun“Mr. Quiggly”
:30 Bud Light “(Secret Spot) – Use ‘Shazam’ app for free song”

Half-Time Show Sponsored by Bridgestone
:30 Bridgestone “Time to Perform”

3rd Quarter
:60 Volkswagen “The Dog Strikes Back” – “The Bark Side” Teaser
:30 Century 21 “Smarter. Bolder. Faster”
:30 Dannon Yogurt
:60 Budweiser “Eternal Optimism”
:30 Toyota “Reinvented”
:60 Acura “Transactions”
:45 General Electric “Something Big”

4th Quarter
:60 Kia “Drive the Dream”
:30 Hyundai “Think Fast”
:60 Honda CR-V “Leap List”
:30 Relativity Media “Act of Valor”
:30 Bud Light “Here Weego – Rescue Dog”
:60 Samsung “Galaxy Note”
:30 MetLife “Everyone”

Postgame
:30 Relativity Media “Act of Valor”

First Half
:30 Go Daddy “The Cloud”
:30 Lexus

Second Half
:30 Go Daddy “Body Paint”

Schedule Undisclosed
TaxACT “Feel the Free”
Doritos
:30 Cadillac “Green Hell”
:60 Chevy Sonic “Stunt Anthem – We Are Young”
:30 Chevy Sonic “Joy”
:30 Chevy Volt “Aliens – Come On” or Chevy Volt “Aliens – Who Told”
:60 Suzuki “Sled”
:30 CareerBuilder “Business Trip”
:30 History “Swamp People”
:30 Etrade “Talking Baby – Fatherhood”
:60 Pepsi “The Kings Court”
:30 Pepsi MAX “Check Out”
:30 Paramount Pictures “The Dictator”
:30 Paramount Pictures “G.I. Joe: Retaliation”
:30 Universal Pictures “Battleship” or “The Lorax”​

EX BOOKIE
Tokens
SuperBowl46.jpg

NFL

Sunday, February 5

NFL Total Bias: Super Bowl XLVI's over/under pick

I’ve never been much of a numbers guy.

Considering my chosen profession, that shouldn’t be a surprise to you. I needed a tutor to get through Grade 10 academic math, partly due to sheer laziness and partly due to sheer terror of an = sign.

The funny thing about it is that I never thought my issue carried over to sports.

I can still tell you more Wayne Gretzky numbers than you care to hear or what Bo Jackson’s career slugging percentage was (.474). I drooled all over myself when Randy Moss averaged 19 yards per catch and scored 17 touchdowns as a rookie back in ’98. I can convert odds and calculate units won/lost in my sleep.

For a stats junkie, these two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl should be gift from the football Gods, but for me it never plays out like that.

Maybe it’s all the Roman numerals.

More likely, though, is that it’s just a little overwhelming. Numbers do funny things to me when I’m mulling them about for too long.

I remember being hunched over one of those terrible classroom desks, completely stuck on one math problem during a quiz. I’d be sweating bullets, knowing that once this problem got in my head, I might as well sign my name and hand my paper in then because I was already cooked.

I guess I haven’t changed much since then.

In all honesty, this 54-point total listed for Sunday’s game has me bumbling around like John Nash in "A Beautiful Mind."

When the line was initially released, I wished I could have written this column that night to get in on the under when some shops had totals as high as 56.5 on the board. Wise advice from seasoned oddsmakers years ago had me immediately thinking that when a game’s this big, bettors aren’t hoping for field goals.

But you can’t base your pick strictly on an inflated Super Bowl total – which this most certainly is. I’ve gone back and forth on my pick a few times, thinking about Brady and Eli going shot-for-shot in an end zone orgy and whether New England’s defense can manage to pull its own weight for a mere 60 minutes.

Like you, I’m still worried about Ron Gronkowski’s ankle and I can’t help but wonder if the clock is going to strike 12 at some point for these surging Giants.

But whether you’re talking about the biggest football game in the world or a 10th grade math exam, in the end it always comes back to preparation, which is why coaching (or tutors) are so important.

Ron Borges has a great piece about the similarities between Bill Belichick and Tom Coughlin in Wednesday’s Boston Herald.

The column’s real strength is its quotes from players who have been coached by both Belichick and Coughlin over the years (of course, they coached together from 1988-90 in New York). It’s pretty evident that above everything else, the one thing that ties the two together is attention to detail.

“When I was the secondary coach and Tom was the receivers coach at the Giants,” Belichick said at Tuesday’s press conference, “we worked against each other daily and we also had great rapport off the field of helping each other out, talking about the different techniques and players of our upcoming opponents and suggestions on how to cover them or run routes — helping each other out on things like that as well as working with each other on the practice field.

“He’s shared things with me and I’ve shared things with him. That’s part of a friendship; that’s part of a mutual respect that we have.”

That’s why as everybody breaks drown Brady vs. Manning and New York’s defensive line against New England’s pass defense, I just keep coming back to Belichick vs. Coughlin.

With two weeks to prepare for this game and all the history between these two coaches, I just can’t see this being a blowout for either team. And as strong as both offenses are, Belichick and Coughlin always seem to find a way of taking away their opposition’s greatest weapons.

That’s what I think keeps this game under the total as the Patriots pull out a 27-21 victory.

Anything can happen on any given Sunday, but more often than not it’s all the hours you put in off the field that produce success on it. Belichick has been dreaming about this particular Sunday for a very long time.

Conference Championships record: 1-1

Season record to date: 33-28

NFL

Sunday, February 5

Super Bowl tale of the tape: Giants vs. Patriots

New York Giants vs. New England Patriots (-3, 54)

Offense

In many ways, Eli Manning rescued the Giants’ season from the brink of disaster. He finished with a career-best 4,933 yards (fourth best in the league) to go along with 29 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. He has thrown for at least 300 yards in three of his last four and has 11 touchdowns and only one interception over that span.

Wideouts Victor Cruz and Mario Manningham combined for more than 2,700 receiving yards and 16 touchdowns, while Cruz averaged 18.7 yards per catch. Ahmad Bradshaw started just nine games but still managed 659 rushing yards and nine touchdowns, although he is still dealing with a foot problem and only averaged 3.9 yards per carry on the year.

The Giants’ running game ranks 32nd, averaging 89.2 yards per game and New York’s total offense puts up 385.1 yards per game and 24.6 points per contest.
Paced by Tom Brady’s right arm, the Patriots average 428.2 yards and 32.1 points per game. Brady put up a career-best 5,235 passing yards (the second-highest total in history) with 39 TDs, 12 INTs and a 105.6 passer rating.

Four different Patriots caught at least 50 passes. Wes Welker pulled in 122 grabs, while Rob Gronkowski (who is still battling a high ankle sprain) scored 17 touchdowns. Gronkowski and fellow tight end Aaron Hernandez (910 yards, seven touchdowns), helped New England to the fourth-best red-zone offense in the league, scoring majors on 65 percent of its opportunities.

The Patriots rotate running backs in and out of the lineup, but do manage 110.2 yards per game on the ground.

Edge: Patriots

Defense

New England’s secondary was ripped apart in the regular season, allowing 293.9 passing yards per game (31st), while the running defense is just mediocre yielding 117.1 yards per contest. The Pats ranked in the middle of the pack in sacks during the regular season (40), but have rebounded with eight in the postseason. They ranked second in the league with 23 regular-season interceptions. In the regular season they gave up 411 yards per game but have cut that number to 325 in the playoffs.

New York tied for second with 40 sacks during the regular season. Jason Pierre-Paul led the way with 16.5 sacks and the club has added nine more since then. The Giants checked in just behind the Pats with 20 interceptions in the regular season and also forced 16 fumbles. The Giants owned the No. 27 total defense in the league yielding 376.4 points per game in the regular season but have allowed only 321 yards and 13 points per game in the playoffs.

Edge: Giants

Special teams

Neither of these teams excel on special teams.

The Patriots probably have the edge in the kicking department as Stephen Gostkowski hit almost 85 percent of his field goal tries this year, while punter Zoltan Mesko averages 46.5 yards per punt.

New England is taking kicks back an average of 32.3 yards in the postseason, significantly better than its 21.4 average in the regular season. However, the Pats don’t get much on punt returns (10.3 yards in the postseason and much worse in the regular season). On the bright side, New England held teams to 21.6 yards per kick return and coverage specialist Matthew Slater went to the Pro Bowl.

Lawrence Tynes hits just 78 percent of his field goal attempts for the Giants while punter Steve Weatherford averages 45.7 yards per boot. New York allows opposing teams to take kicks back an average of 22.9 yards per kickoff and 9.9 yards on punts. The Giants may use Jerrel Jernigan on some returns Sunday. They are averaging only 16 yards per kickoff return in the postseason and 7.5 yards on punts. They were only marginally better in those two areas during the regular season.

Just a slight edge to the Patriots here.

Edge: Patriots

Word on the street

“I think it starts with hitting him, even when you don’t actually get sacks, just keeping people around him so he can’t step up. I think he gets a little frustrated when he has to go to his second or third receivers. You can kind of confuse him sometimes with our coverage. I think there are a lot of things that can get him rattled, but it just seems like not too many people are able to do that.” - New York Giants defensive lineman Justin Tuck about facing Tom Brady.

"You have to try to take something away. I'm not sure what you try to take away. I guess you have to pick your poison. The way Eli (Manning) is playing right now, he's making all the right choices. The running backs are running hard.” – Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo about his team’s game plan against New York.

NFL

Sunday, February 5

Super Bowl XLVI: What bettors need to know

New York Giants vs. New England Patriots (-3, 54)

THE STORY
: Two Super Bowl MVP quarterbacks, a rematch of one of the biggest upsets in the game's history and fervent fan bases that share much of the same geographic region.

Storylines abound for Sunday's Super Bowl XLVI matchup between the New York Giants and New England Patriots, yet much of the hype has centered on the left foot of a second-year tight end. An injury to New England's Rob Gronkowski, who is expected to play but it is unclear how much due to a high ankle sprain, could have the biggest impact on the outcome when the Patriots and Giants clash in the Super Bowl for the second time in five seasons.

New York won the previous matchup as a double-digit underdog, spoiling New England's bid for a perfect 19-0 season with a 17-14 victory in February 2008. The Giants are also the last team to beat the Patriots, who have won 10 straight games since a 24-20 loss to New York in Week 9 that snapped New England's streak of 20 consecutive regular-season home victories.

In both matchups, Giants quarterback Eli Manning – the MVP of Super Bowl XLII – led a last-minute comeback to upstage Patriots QB Tom Brady, a two-time Super Bowl MVP.

TV: NBC, 6:30 p.m. ET.

LINE (Check out our in-depth action report on the Super Bowl odds): Oddsmakers opened the Patriots as big as 4-point favorites. Action on the Giants has moved the spread down to -2.5. The total opened at 55 points and dropped to as low as 54 this week.

ABOUT THE GIANTS (12-7, 11-7-1 ATS): New York has taken a path that is eerily similar to its Super Bowl run four years ago, shaking off a mediocre regular season to rattle off five consecutive victories that included beating the NFC’s top two seeds – Green Bay and San Francisco – on the road.

Defense has sparked the turnaround for the Giants, who have surrendered only 39 points in three postseason victories while registering nine sacks and forcing seven turnovers. Manning threw for a career-high 4,933 yards with 29 touchdowns vs. only 16 interceptions in the regular season and has been steely efficient in the postseason with eight TDs and one pick.

Manning threw for a league-high 15 fourth-quarter touchdowns in the regular season, including two in the victory over the Patriots. Receivers Hakeem Nicks (4 TDs in the postseason), Victor Cruz (NFC-high 1,536 yards) and Mario Manningham (3 TDs in the postseason) give Manning plenty of weapons.

Running back Ahmad Bradshaw, who missed the regular-season meeting, rushed for 74 yards in the NFC title game. He’ll be complemented by bruiser Brandon Jacobs, who ran for 72 yards against the Patriots in November.

ABOUT THE PATRIOTS (15-3, 10-8 ATS): Brady followed up a record-setting effort against Denver with one of his worst postseason performances in a 23-20 win over Baltimore in the AFC title game. He finished with 239 yards and was picked off twice while failing to throw a touchdown pass for the first time since Week 17 of the 2009 season.

Brady overcame a wobbly start to throw for 342 yards and two TD passes against New York in November, but eight of his completions and one TD went to Gronkowski, who has been limited in practice since being injured. Gronkowski was the centerpiece of the Patriots’ high-powered offense, hauling in 90 receptions and setting league records for TDs (17) and receiving yards (1,327) by a tight end.

Brady, who threw for 5,235 yards, 39 TDs and 12 interceptions, will join John Elway as the only quarterback to start five Super Bowls and can surpass Joe Montana (16) for the most postseason victories. Receiver Wes Welker had a league-high 122 catches, including nine for 136 yards against the Giants. The big question is whether New England’s much-maligned defense can stop Manning when it counts.

SUPER BOWL HISTORY

GIANTS (3-1): Def. Denver 39-20 (1986); def. Buffalo 20-19 (1990); lost to Baltimore 34-7 (2000); def. New England 17-14 (2007).

PATRIOTS (3-3): Lost to Chicago 46-10 (1985); lost to Green Bay 35-21 (1996); def. St. Louis 20-17 (2001); def. Carolina 32-29 (2003); def. Philadelphia 24-21 (2004); lost to N.Y. Giants (2007).

BETTING TRENDS:

* Under is 4-0 in the last four meetings in New England.
* Giants are 5-1 ATS in their last six meetings.
* Under is 4-1 in the last five meetings.
* Underdog is 5-1 ATS in their last six meetings.

EXTRA POINTS:

1. Sunday’s game will mark the first time that both starting quarterbacks have been former Super Bowl MVPs.

2. New York is the second team to advance to the Super Bowl (Arizona 2008) by beating three playoff opponents with better records.

3. The previous four Super Bowl appearances by New England, all coming in a seven-year span, were decided by three points.

4. Patriots head coach Bill Belichick and New York’s Tom Coughlin each served on the same staff with the Giants under Bill Parcells.

5. In the Week 9 meeting, the Patriots and Giants played the first scoreless opening half of the season.

PREDICTION: Giants 27, Patriots 23 - A hobbled Gronkowski is too much to overcome for New England’s offense, particularly in the red zone, and New York makes it two Super Bowl wins in five seasons.

The previous four Super Bowl appearances by New England, all coming in a seven-year span, were decided by three points.

living in the past
Tokens
please change the final score to NYG 27 NE 24 so I can cash in on my SB pool !

EX BOOKIE
Tokens
please change the final score to NYG 27 NE 24 so I can cash in on my SB pool !

funny thing is I have 4-7 in my pool for the final score you have 7-4.... so we agree we want one or the other ...haha

EX BOOKIE
Tokens
plays bet on thursday

$2100.00 Take 'Under' 55 New York Giants vs. New England Patriots (6:20 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 5)
Everyone is debating over which team is going to win. Who cares? I think that the best bet in this Super Bowl is on the 'under'. This is one of the highest totals in Super Bowl history and I don't think that these are two of the best offenses in Super Bowl history. The last Super Bowl when these two met in 2007 the total was set at 52.0 and there was just 31 points scored! When these two teams met earlier in the season there was just 44 points scored and a lot of them came in the last two minutes of the game. The team that wins this game is the one that plays the best defense. Both of these teams know they have to stop the other team and all week that is all they have heard about that. The defenses are going to be extremely motivated. They have also had two weeks to study their opponents again. That is all a big benefit to the defense. The 'under' is 8-2 in New York's last 10 playoff games and they haven't given up over 20 points yet this postseason. And they faced a very good Green Bay offense. The Patriots haven't given up over 24 points since Dec. 11. Their defense gave up just 10 and 20 so far in the playoffs. They are playing better than people are giving them credit for. These are two excellent teams with defensive coaches. They are going to play a tough rivalry game and this one is going to be lower scoring than most of the experts are predicting. I am not going to worry about who wins but I am going to load up on the 'under' in this game and take it to the bank!

Here are two prop bets that I have made. I think this game is going 'under'. So I think that there will be a lot of field goals on both sides. I didn't ?rate? these plays with Units but they are optional plays to anyone that likes to bet on that sort of thing:

Total FG by Lawrence Tynes: 'Over' 1.5 (+140)

Total FG by Stephen Gostkowski: 'Over' 1.5 (+100)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byen17188
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com