We got him!!!

Forum: NFL Football Forum - Sponsored by:
Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting NFL football here.

Thread: We got him!!!

  1. #1 We got him!!! 
    RX Senior barnzy32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,889
    Peyton to Broncos baby!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Long Live Goldwater! rolltide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,950
    now he needs someone to throw to. word is they'll make a play for mike wallace
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    RX Wizard Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,377
    Only way Elway and Co could get Tebow out of town. Even if he doesn't bring home a SB, this is the best thing that could happen to Denver and the fans.
    Don’t drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    RX Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Only way Elway and Co could get Tebow out of town. Even if he doesn't bring home a SB, this is the best thing that could happen to Denver and the fans.

    I wish I could see the local denver news, and laugh at the nimwit denver fans getting interviewed saying that theyd rather have Tebow because he "took them to the playoffs"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    RX Wizard Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    5,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman20427 View Post
    I wish I could see the local denver news, and laugh at the nimwit denver fans getting interviewed saying that theyd rather have Tebow because he "took them to the playoffs"
    Is that what they are really saying? If so, they are "nimwits".....haha. One of the main reasons the Broncs made the playoffs last year was they played in arguably the weakest division in the NFL. The sole playoff win was against a team that can't run the ball and a QB with a gimp leg.
    Don’t drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    RX Senior barnzy32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman20427 View Post
    I wish I could see the local denver news, and laugh at the nimwit denver fans getting interviewed saying that theyd rather have Tebow because he "took them to the playoffs"
    No they arent saying that at all. I lived in denver last year and they year before. Have my uncle and many friends that live out there and they are all saying "superbowl!!" we just want to win. and last season tebow WAS our best option to win with what we had. The opportunity to get peyton came around and there is no way you can pass that up. I love tebow as a played just not as my franchise qb. we havent had a great qb since elway so i this is all very exciting to me!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    RX Senior barnzy32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,889
    I also here that dallas clark and jeff saturday want to follow suit and come to denver. We need a tight end thats for sure. As far as WR thomas and decker are studs but we need one more. I think thats what we will use our draft pick for in the early rounds.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Long Live Goldwater! rolltide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,950
    eric decker a stud? gotta start watching some other nfl teams play
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    RX Senior moocow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    LeS
    Posts
    4,291
    The only reason Peyton went to Denver is because he thinks the ball will travel better in the thin air
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    RX Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by Albatross View Post
    Is that what they are really saying? If so, they are "nimwits".....haha. One of the main reasons the Broncs made the playoffs last year was they played in arguably the weakest division in the NFL. The sole playoff win was against a team that can't run the ball and a QB with a gimp leg.

    I dont know, I was midly joking but I wouldnt be surprised.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    RX Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by rolltide View Post
    eric decker a stud? gotta start watching some other nfl teams play
    +1.
    Decker did look decent when they threw the ball. He was getting separation, but only because every time they dropped back to throw, most of the time the defense was playing, thinking, seeing.... run.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    RX Senior PatsFanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    new england
    Posts
    4,997
    I'm happy for Denver fans. I hope he has success out there in Mile High, as long as he's not playing against the Pats!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    RX Wizard Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    8,402
    only problem I have with this is the key to beating Peyton still doesn't change. Run the ball at Von Miller and you keep Peyton off the field. Just like in Indy. I don't see them winning a super bowl or anything like that. But Peyton knows Elway did it at this age so I guess it would be a fairy tale ending...but I guess we will just have to see what pieces they bring in. They need a route running tight end. Dallas Clark? Jacob Tamme? I like Mcgahee(I'm drafting this old man). might have 10 tds.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    RX Senior barnzy32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,889
    Quote Originally Posted by rolltide View Post
    eric decker a stud? gotta start watching some other nfl teams play
    Decker was minnesotas first athlete to catch more than 200 passes in a career (227), his receptions rank sixth in Big Ten Conference history and Decker was the first player in school history to gain over 3,000 yards receiving, his total of 3,119 yards rank eighth in Big Ten Conference history, as he is just the 11th league performer to amass over 3,000 yards. He had tebow throwing to him last season and he still had 44 receptions for 612 yards and scored 8 touchdowns. Him and Thomas will be weapons now that peyton is behind center.

    Career Receiving: 227 Rec, 3119 Yds, 13.7 Avg, 24 TD
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    RX Senior barnzy32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,889
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanatic View Post
    I'm happy for Denver fans. I hope he has success out there in Mile High, as long as he's not playing against the Pats!
    Thanks Pats! I hope he stays healthy because i think if the broncos get him a tight end (dallas clark) we could see the broncos make a run in the playoffs!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #16  
    RX Senior barnzy32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    only problem I have with this is the key to beating Peyton still doesn't change. Run the ball at Von Miller and you keep Peyton off the field. Just like in Indy. I don't see them winning a super bowl or anything like that. But Peyton knows Elway did it at this age so I guess it would be a fairy tale ending...but I guess we will just have to see what pieces they bring in. They need a route running tight end. Dallas Clark? Jacob Tamme? I like Mcgahee(I'm drafting this old man). might have 10 tds.
    Yes, we need a tight end and maybe one more wide reciever. Brandon Stokely said he would love to come back and play with the broncos so i can see the broncos re signing him. I would be ok with that! Dual threat with mchagee and Moreno baby!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #17  
    RX Member JohnnyMags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phila, PA
    Posts
    777
    Food for thought – A 36yr old player coming back from a year off! That is not a formula for success. He may be fine but in reality the odds are against him. Right now it’s projected success from a history point of view but old man time gets everyone eventually …. Just ask Brett Favre!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #18  
    RX Senior barnzy32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    4,889
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMags View Post
    Food for thought – A 36yr old player coming back from a year off! That is not a formula for success. He may be fine but in reality the odds are against him. Right now it’s projected success from a history point of view but old man time gets everyone eventually …. Just ask Brett Favre!
    we shall see jonny mags.....we shall see. Its like if Michael Jordan was on the free market at the end of his career. Would you really not do all that u can do to sign him? Look how the colts were last season with out him. The dude will be fine and will win the AFC West. I just hope hes 100% cuz we (broncos) will have a good shot at another superbowl. We shall see......
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #19  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    39°44′21″N 104°59′5″W
    Posts
    4,999
    Peyton Manning lifts all boats.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #20  
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,811
    should be interesting to see how he plays off the big layoff, comments are he's looking great in throw arounds
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •