The pigs are at the Sanford trough.

Search

Tokens
There has been a media firestorm surrounding the death of Trayvon Martin, a 17 year old tragically killed in Florida last month. Martin, who was unarmed and black, was returning home from a 7-Eleven when he was gunned down by George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watchman, who is half Spanish and half white, had a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

http://fileintothetrough.blogspot.com/

The tragic death of Martin is undeniable. A young man who was highly spoken of by his community, cut down before even reaching the age of adulthood by the hand of another adult, is a tragedy that has a unique sting to it. Anytime a child or teenager is raped or murdered by an adult, it always cuts deeper and this is no exception.

Now, much of this case is still pending but it appears this was a cold blooded murder and if it was race motivated or not, is anyone’s guess at this point. The only person that could answer that for certain is Zimmerman and Zimmerman only. If it is in fact a hate crime, then Zimmerman wouldn’t be the first or the last white man to kill a black male. Just as there will be black males who kill white males.

The motives for individuals involving any violent act have to be taken at a case by case basis. There is crime and murder everyday involving all races in a variety of ways and this will continue happening everyday, until the day every man exists this earth. In fact, the more the population grows, the more tragedies there will be, it's just simple math.

What is interesting to this author, is the relevance of this situation in terms of race and the charge of racism. How often do we look and say that these events that take place so often daily are racially motivated? And if they were, then it would be a racist committing a murder. There is nothing you can do to stop these events from happening; it’s up to each of us individually to do so.

Racism and terrorism is the necessary evils of a free and open society, it's consequences we have to live with. We don’t have to like it, but it's individual responsibility that will keep them at a minimum, not exclusion and division; they only fuel the fires of the very same things they are against.

However, don’t tell that to those people who make a living off division, collectivism and race baiting that bit; it wouldn’t fit their agenda. And wouldn’t you know it, as soon as this tragedy started to simmer towards a boiling point across the country, the usual suspects had arrived (well at least half anyway) all feasting on this tragedy like pigs at a trough. Under a guise of racial justice, you can’t help but notice the stench of wicked self promotion, racism and cynicism trailing their every move, like freshly flattened skunk; beneath a tire on the road to collectivism.

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson Sr have become synonymous, if not the face of every national crime, injustice, slandering etc etc involving a black victim and a white perpetrator or instigator, for the last forty years. Both of their entire careers and livelihood, have been made possible by racism, and the dividing of people based on race and creed. But above all, the creation of national headlines based on isolated incidents, is where their pockets get lined in emerald.

I could understand the national outcry if we were seeing an influx of murders like this happening everywhere but that isn't the case. We live in a country of 300+ million; it’s statistically unavoidable to not have incidents like this happen. Even if this case was involving the grand wizard/master of the KKK, it’s still an isolated incident. One person killing another person isn’t indicative of anything broad or sweeping.

In this case, we have a potential racist who uses self defense and felt his life was in danger even though the kid was unarmed while Zimmerman was. Zimmerman felt fear for his life even as he was following the young man. Pretty damning to me and he should be tried and/or punished accordingly. You also have the police department who didn’t arrest Zimmerman or at the very least detain him for questioning. This is also worth an investigation from local or state authorities. But how this is a national story is beyond me.

Even our own President’s Press Secretary, Carney said as much earlier this week:

“Our thoughts and prayers go out to Trayvon Martin’s family but obviously, we’re not going to wade into a local law-enforcement matter.”

But that didn’t last long, as we all know by now. The president, true to his populist DNA, flipped the script and appeased to those calling for justice when the media began to run with this story. By doing so he did the exact opposite of what he said (and it was the right thing to do then and now) just days earlier, he waded into it. And why wouldn’t he? A populist running for re-election following the breeze of the assembling masses? Surprise…surprise. Titus Livius said it best:

The populace is like the sea motionless in itself, but stirred by every wind, even the lightest breeze.

Mr. Livius, I would like you to meet our President of the United States, Barack Obama; he is the Pacific Ocean in terms of populace seas. Our President however isn’t a race baiter, he isn’t out to divide anyone more so than any politician is by political nature. Al Sharpton however does not share that trait with our President. These were his quotes this week concerning this tragedy speaking at a rally in Sanford, Florida. Notice the vast amounts of pronouns and the context and which how they are used.

“Violence is killing Tray Martin, on’t act like we are the ones [who are] violent. We didn’t shoot nobody.”

“I want our people to understand that how you behave is going to be a reflection on this case”

“[No matter] how angry we get, don’t let them make you act in a way that they will say, ‘see, that’s what to think with Trayvon.’”

“We are going to act intelligent, we going to act dignified. And, we’re going to be determined. We may be angry, but we’re not mad dogs. We’re too smart to fall for [that].”

This is deliberate, divisive language. This is man who’s made a career of divisiveness. Outside of working as James Brown’s manager (that must have been pretty cool to be honest) for a brief stint, what has he done to create anything or provide a service before getting his own show on MSNBC? He’s been a preacher at some point just like Jesse Jackson was and just like Jesse Jackson, he has only made a living creating movements and rallying around isolated incidents to gain national exposure for his own personal gains.

Al Sharpton has appeared on numerous television shows, has tax fines from the IRS and leans, been fined by the FEC for breaking campaign finance rules – the man is opportunist, and a hot mess of greed, corruption and exploitation. I would call him the biggest leech and scourge on the black community but that distinction belongs to Jesse Jackson. Jesse Jackson hasn’t made the trip to Florida from what I have heard as of yet, but he did offer up this tidbit:

"Blacks are under attack."

From whom you might ask? “Big Business” according to Jackson.

Blacks are under attack, indeed. But the attacks are coming from within, under a masquerade of outrage while concealing the truth that is self promotion via division and sensationalism. After all, if we eliminate racism what would that do in terms of job security for these two? Jesse's on a roll, apparently it is big business that is responsible. Exploitation is big business (just ask MSNBC and Al Sharpton) because it's always turning profits; to bad that there is a victim and family in mourning to make this happen

Tokens
Where's the outrage from the biggest problem within the black community, black on black crime? Sharpton and Jackson are some of the biggest racists out there. If racism was to suddenly disappear tomorrow, both would be out of a job.

powdered milkman
Tokens
Where's the outrage from the biggest problem within the black community, black on black crime? Sharpton and Jackson are some of the biggest racists out there. If racism was to suddenly disappear tomorrow, both would be out of a job.

100% agree.......

Tokens

Pretty sure racism will not disappear anytime in their lifetimes....so they will be working until they die.

Tokens
What transpired in Florida is a stand alone incident, it is what it is. That is for the authorities to deal with. This incident is not a signal that racism has again reared it's ugly head, the shooter was hispanic not white. When guys like Jackson and Sharpton show up it tells me they are there for all the wrong reasons, as usual. Those guys are real upstanding leaders and of course are not biased in any way. Those guys want to resurect ghosts of the past, a past that showed a pattern of racism. Once Holder gave the new Black Panthers a pass on the voting intimidation incident all bets are off as far as the WH is concerned. If Holder does not come out against the bounty the new Black Panthers announced then it is pretty obvious what is going on here. What happened was a shame, a single isolalted incident, and there is no need for the horse and pony show that losers like Jackson and Sharpton specialize in.

Tokens
Pretty sure racism will not disappear anytime in their lifetimes....so they will be working until they die.

No kidding. Blacks just absolutely hate whites. Unreal the levels it has reached these days.

Tokens
No kidding. Blacks just absolutely hate whites. Unreal the levels it has reached these days.

You went sarcasm for your one post a month? John Edwards had a more graceful fall then Gas Man. Cmon Gas. Get it together.

Life's a bitch, then you die!
Tokens
What transpired in Florida is a stand alone incident, it is what it is. That is for the authorities to deal with. This incident is not a signal that racism has again reared it's ugly head, the shooter was hispanic not white. When guys like Jackson and Sharpton show up it tells me they are there for all the wrong reasons, as usual. Those guys are real upstanding leaders and of course are not biased in any way. Those guys want to resurect ghosts of the past, a past that showed a pattern of racism. Once Holder gave the new Black Panthers a pass on the voting intimidation incident all bets are off as far as the WH is concerned. If Holder does not come out against the bounty the new Black Panthers announced then it is pretty obvious what is going on here. What happened was a shame, a single isolalted incident, and there is no need for the horse and pony show that losers like Jackson and Sharpton specialize in.

Bravo, well said.

Tokens

qft

Tokens

Absolute spot on

Tokens
Most blacks are too stupid to realize how foolish they act when issues like this arise. They are also too stupid to realize that Revs come out, it makes them look even more stupid. This shooting in Florida was between black & Latino. White people should be outraged they are being thrown in front of the racial bus here, but we sit back and watch.....why, because most white people have some sort of a brain and respect others. I for one think this recent shooting is humorous (not the killing of course), but it puts on display how stupid black people really are. You have a black on brown crime. The kid apparently beat down this watchman, the watchman may have acted irresponsible on this kid, hard to say that without knowing all the details. The kid at the time was suspended from school for having weed, but the news talks about how good this kid was in the community. From where I come from, a suspended, drug carrying kid isn't quite what I call role model material. And once all the smoke clears, its a white on black racist thing. Now, who is being discriminated against here.....but white folks are white, and we will sit back and watch the fools once again.

Tokens
It has dawned on me just how big the generation gap is in these United States. At 66 I was there for the milestones in advancing racial equality in the U.S and I watched many legitimate black leaders make an impact in changing the mind set of many Americans. People like Martin Luther King Jr had a huge impact and they made it their mission in life to see things like segregation stopped. Segregation is nothing unique to the United States, it has been practiced historically against Jews, Asians and we even had Apartheid in South Africa. In the U.S. people like Clarence Mitchell, Rosa Parks, and judicial decisions like Brown vs. the Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas paved the way to make life better for blacks and they did so for all of the right reasons.

This recent development surrounding the Trayvon Mitchell killing would make some of these same leaders roll over in their graves. Things have come so far albeit maybe not far enough for some, but a black person has it so much better than Rosa Parks did that it is almost criminal to defile her by exploiting a tragic incident such as this to milk it as some kind of defining moment in our national history. It is tragic that a young man lost his life and it as complicated as any law can make it. It is more about the “Stand your ground” law than anything else and in fact a Hispanic, not a white, killed the young black man and there should not be any “flashback” as is being called for by Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton arrive on the scene a day late and a dollar short looking for some exposure. As Fletch said “the pigs are at the trough”. These guys are by contrast harmless compared to the threats made and intended when the new Black Panthers issued a proclaimation for a bounty on Zimmerman. Are you shitting me.

If our Attorney General lets that one pass then we need a new AG, especially from an AG who is black and has been afforded many advantages and monetary successs that people like Rosa Parks never had. How can he go mum on this especially after giving them a pass on the voter intimidation case where they accused did not even show up for their hearing. Oh excuse me, he speaks and acts on behalf of the President of the United States, Barack Obama. This would be the same Obama who rushed to judgement in the case of his old Harvard Professor Gates. Instead of being an open and shut case it turned out that someone just forgot to close the Gates. Obama, despite his education, could not allow the community organizer in him to just STFU. Well, this is no time for that, this is the time for Obama to have Holder hold the new Black Panthers to task and to issue a formal (and hopefully a well thought out) response rebuking the NBP for making such a racially slanted and in fact illegal proclaimation in effect promoting vigilantism. What, they can’t sit still and wait until November to disrupt another election. WTF

If this tragic incident has done anything it has in the end shown that the race card is now the lowest card in the deck. It is still a wild card but you have to be careful when to use it. I am not going to get into trying to attack the character of either the victim or the killer, that is really in the end not as important as trying to make the point that if racists (black racists) are going to play the race card then pick your opportunities carefully. Much like the Gates goat fuck, this incident is now the stuff for a movie script and maybe that is where it is headed. But in the end, as always, truth is stranger than fiction and right now the authorities are sorting that stuff out. I am not a racist, I have never been a racist, but racism is not a one way street. I hope justice is done despite the circus that surrounded these tragic circumstances.

Tokens
I no sooner post the above and I see Trayvon' parents have been some Democratic members of Congress to testify about racaial profiling. Are you shitting me, then I found this quote in that article:

"Martin, who was unarmed, was African-American. Zimmerman is a white Hispanic. His family has said he has been wrongly portrayed as a racist."

Could Zimmerman be a white Hispanic-American. I am confused. But then again I referred to Trayvon Mitchell up above instead of Trayvon Martin and I apologize. Can someone explain to me why we are not all just Americans. What is the difference between Black American, and African-American (is the hyphon symbolic). I realize all Blacks do not have ties to Africa but I guess your are profiling if you lump a Haitian in there somehow. Would that piss off the African American or the Haitian? Maybe the key is to just refer to each other as fellow Americans the way it should be. If you look at the official announcement made by the Miss State officials in their recent incident no referrence was made to the race of the victim of of the suspects. How about that shit.

Tokens
What!!!!!!!!!!

Obama uncle admits facts in Mass. drunken driving case; charge will be dismissed after a year

03-27-2012 11:21 AM CDT |By DENISE LAVOIE, Associated Press
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. (Associated Press) -- A Massachusetts drunken driving charge against President Barack Obama's uncle will be dismissed if he stays out of trouble for a year.
Onyango .(ohn-YAHN'-goh) Obama pleaded to what's known as sufficient facts at a hastily scheduled hearing Tuesday. That means the 67-year-old doesn't plead guilty but acknowledges Massachusetts prosecutors have enough evidence to convict him on a drunken driving charge.
His attorney says he's a productive member of society and wants to get back to his quiet existence.

Onyango Obama is the half brother of the president's late father. He was arrested in Framingham in August after a police officer said he made a rolling stop at a stop sign and nearly caused his cruiser to crash into Obama's sport utility vehicle.
Obama, who is from Kenya, is appealing a deportation order.

Tokens
What!!!!!!!!!!

Obama uncle admits facts in Mass. drunken driving case; charge will be dismissed after a year

03-27-2012 11:21 AM CDT |By DENISE LAVOIE, Associated Press
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. (Associated Press) -- A Massachusetts drunken driving charge against President Barack Obama's uncle will be dismissed if he stays out of trouble for a year.
Onyango .(ohn-YAHN'-goh) Obama pleaded to what's known as sufficient facts at a hastily scheduled hearing Tuesday. That means the 67-year-old doesn't plead guilty but acknowledges Massachusetts prosecutors have enough evidence to convict him on a drunken driving charge.
His attorney says he's a productive member of society and wants to get back to his quiet existence.

Onyango Obama is the half brother of the president's late father. He was arrested in Framingham in August after a police officer said he made a rolling stop at a stop sign and nearly caused his cruiser to crash into Obama's sport utility vehicle.
Obama, who is from Kenya, is appealing a deportation order.

He's also an illegal, like many of Obama's other relatives in the country.

bet365 player
Tokens
Most blacks are too stupid to realize how foolish they act when issues like this arise. They are also too stupid to realize that Revs come out, it makes them look even more stupid. This shooting in Florida was between black & Latino. White people should be outraged they are being thrown in front of the racial bus here, but we sit back and watch.....why, because most white people have some sort of a brain and respect others. I for one think this recent shooting is humorous (not the killing of course), but it puts on display how stupid black people really are. You have a black on brown crime. The kid apparently beat down this watchman, the watchman may have acted irresponsible on this kid, hard to say that without knowing all the details. The kid at the time was suspended from school for having weed, but the news talks about how good this kid was in the community. From where I come from, a suspended, drug carrying kid isn't quite what I call role model material. And once all the smoke clears, its a white on black racist thing. Now, who is being discriminated against here.....but white folks are white, and we will sit back and watch the fools once again.

+1

Banned
Tokens

I had to go back and read this twice to see if I could pick up a hint of sarcasm. Sadly, I think you believe the entire paragraph you wrote; an unbelievable mindset for someone living in 2012.

Sharpton, Jackson, and The New Black Panther Party don't represent the majority of the black community. You make it sound like the majority of the black community are worthless, ignorant, and too stupid to make up their decisions. No question these "leaders" are media seeking trouble makers, but to indict an entire race as "stupid" is wrong, and I can't believe no one has called you out for your comments.

Tokens
I had to go back and read this twice to see if I could pick up a hint of sarcasm. Sadly, I think you believe the entire paragraph you wrote; an unbelievable mindset for someone living in 2012.

Sharpton, Jackson, and The New Black Panther Party don't represent the majority of the black community. You make it sound like the majority of the black community are worthless, ignorant, and too stupid to make up their decisions. No question these "leaders" are media seeking trouble makers, but to indict an entire race as "stupid" is wrong, and I can't believe no one has called you out for your comments.

Where am I wrong? I say the majority, that means anything over 50% on the low end. Watch the news, and let me know that those backing up the stance on the Revs vastly outnumber those opposing them. There was a situation in a few towns north of where I live that the same reasoning of out cry demanding equality of something a lot less petty than a murder, but same results. Look at what dumbass whites do and the backlash of opposition within the same race. The situation in Florida right now, should have no mention of the white race, yet it has turned to a white on black crime. Why is that and where is the backlash on those bringing that nonsense up. I never said all blacks, but I am curious of why no decent blacks ever stand up to this. When they do, they are labeled as an uncle Tom. I am younger than many here. I don't play the race card and I treat everyone equal. I don't want it thrown in my face. I don't think that idea is out of line by no means.

Banned
Tokens
Where am I wrong? I say the majority, that means anything over 50% on the low end. Watch the news, and let me know that those backing up the stance on the Revs vastly outnumber those opposing them. There was a situation in a few towns north of where I live that the same reasoning of out cry demanding equality of something a lot less petty than a murder, but same results. Look at what dumbass whites do and the backlash of opposition within the same race. The situation in Florida right now, should have no mention of the white race, yet it has turned to a white on black crime. Why is that and where is the backlash on those bringing that nonsense up. I never said all blacks, but I am curious of why no decent blacks ever stand up to this. When they do, they are labeled as an uncle Tom. I am younger than many here. I don't play the race card and I treat everyone equal. I don't want it thrown in my face. I don't think that idea is out of line by no means.

The majority of blacks I know are embarrassed by Sharpton and Jackson, and the way they self promote in the name of civil rights. Jackson is already damaged goods, and this incident may cause Reverend Al his stint at MSNBC by the time it is all said and done.

Plenty of moderate, and even liberal black leaders are pulling away from this incident due to the new information that is coming out. If anything, many of these moderate leaders stay away from Sharpton and Jackson due to incidents like the Duke LaCross incident, and the Tawana Brawley fiasco. They realize that Sharpton and people like him do more damage to "the cause" than benefit, leaving them with less informed followers. Unfortunately, the media focuses on the vocal minority, making it appear to be a bigger issue than it really is. This will settle down in a few weeks, and Al and Jesse will be on to the next injustice, with the media tagging along right behind them.

That being said, the majority in the minority community will also be glad to see them go away; they are smarter than you give them credit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TennisMonger
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com