Forum: International and Other Sports Forum - Discuss betting important International sports such as tennis and golf etc. with sharp handicappers from around the world.

Thread: Lets talk about the Masters

1. #1 Lets talk about the Masters 
    RX Senior
    I just dont see any reason to play the long shots this year. As far as i'm concerned, this is a 4 horse race between the 4 best golfers in the world, Rory, Tiger, Lee, Phil.

They are all playing well. And if they all play well next week, imo, this will be the best masters ever as far as entertainment.

Who else is worth taking a shot on?
    Adam Scott is the first guy that comes to mind
    Stricker....if his putter is on fire, cant count him out
    Jason Day..... I'm predicting a top 10, but i cant see him winning this year. Hasn't really played that well this year either, yet.
    Keegan Bradley...nah, it aint happening
    Mahan....even if he were to play his ass off, imo, he would choke on sunday hearing the boys chasing him down.
    Bubba Watson....see above
    Sergio.....i like him in bad conditions and when around par is good. Dont think he can keep up

who else?
    Please dont add Luke Donald to this list. He will prob get his usual back door top 10, but he aint winning

my 3 " long" shots are stricker day and kutchar.....bubba just adopted a child, that could mean lack of concentration OR it might keep him totally relaxed....

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKEY.1TIME View Post
    my 3 " long" shots are stricker day and kutchar.....bubba just adopted a child, that could mean lack of concentration OR it might keep him totally relaxed....
    Hopefully for Bubba, that baby will act as some form of aderall for him, lol. I didn't know that he adopted one, good for him. I'm looking forward to Feherty show on him tomorrow though.

GL on your longshots. Snedeker, Charles Howell and Justin Rose came to mind when I read your list for some reason. Angel Cabrera as well

The RX Newsbot is saying Dustin Johnson to withdraw from 2012 Masters due to injury. If confirmed, a big hitter out of the mix.

Patrick Cantlay is a sophomore from UCLA that was last years US Amateur runner up. He is ranked as the top amateur in the R & A World Amateur Golf Rankings. Kelly Craft is from Georgia and won the US Amateur. Randal Lewis is 54 years old and a finacial planner from Michigan who won the US Mid Amateur. Bryden Macpherson is from Autralia and won the British Amateur and plans on turning pro after the 2012 Masters. Hideki Matsuyama is from Japan and was the 2011 Maters Low Amateur. Corbin Mills is from Clemson and has won the US Amateur Public Links. Source: 2012 Masters Amateur Field Yahoo Sports.

Rx Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor13 View Post

Keegan Bradley...nah, it aint happening
    Why ain't it happening? The guy's played one major in his life (2011 PGA) and he won it; he's also played nine times this year and never finished worse than 22nd.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Horseplayer View Post
    Why ain't it happening? The guy's played one major in his life (2011 PGA) and he won it; he's also played nine times this year and never finished worse than 22nd.
    I just can't see him winning two majors in a row, or win his first masters. I do like Keegan, but I can't see it happening this week.

One of the announcers, Curtis Strange I think it was, said during the Par Three delay and eventual cancellation that the course had received over 1 1/2 inches of rain already. Given no more rain falls tomorrow, can the couse, even with the modern technology, absorb that much moisture for the morning tee times? C'mon mother nature and cooperate with us just for the next four days.