Forum: Political Forum - Spirited Political comedy. All serious political and World Event posting is also to be posted in this forum.

Thread: CNN Sucks

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. #26  
    Que pasa? festeringZit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36,781
    [ NBC Sucks Too ]

    'Today' interviews Kris Jenner instead of airing moment of silence for victims of 9/11 terrorist attacks

    Published September 11, 2012
    FoxNews.com





    The 'Today Show' chose to interview Kim Kardashian's mom on Tuesday morning instead of observing a moment of silence in memory of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.
    Every year since the attacks of September 11, 2001, a moment of silence has been observed at 8:46 a.m., the moment when the first plane slammed into the Twin Towers. President Obama and the First Lady led the moment of silence at the White House, and newscasts on other the other two broadcast morning shows -- 'Good Morning America' and 'CBS This Morning' -- aired the solemn ceremony.
    But not NBC's "Today Show." Instead new co-host Savannah Guthrie spoke to Kris Jenner about the new season of the hit E! reality show "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" and her breast implants.
    Coming out of a commercial break, Guthrie segued, "Back now at 8:45 with Kris Jenner, the matriarch of the Kardashian clan," before beginning a five-minute interview that covered the importance of changing out your breast implants later in life, working out with a personal trainer, and welcoming hip hop star Kanye West into the family.
    New York City's was the only market where the Jenner interview was interrupted, with the local NBC affiliate covering the city's remembrance at Ground Zero, according to TV Newser.
    But the network is standing by its decision to air the Kardashian family matriarch over the 9/11 remembrance.
    “The Today show dedicated a considerable amount of time to September 11th coverage this morning throughout the entire show,” a spokesperson told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column.
    A source connected to the network also told us that TODAY had devoted sufficient air time to the 11th anniversary of the tragedy, including a segment with a Twin Towers attack survivor and multiple shots of the emerging Freedom Tower throughout the program. Some NBC affiliates aired the memorials, and MSNBC aired the entire TODAY show from 9/11/2001.
    Horrified viewers took to Twitter, with one writing: "The Today Show chose to continue their interview with Kris Jenner rather than participate in a 9.11 moment of silence. DISGUSTING."
    "The fact that Kris Jenner is a guest on the today show on 9/11 seriously makes me doubt humanity," another wrote.



    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #27  
    Que pasa? festeringZit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36,781
    [ Fox News parent corp kicking ass... ]
    News Corp. Profit Soars On Gains

    RELATED NEWS
    News Corp. Q3 Profit Surges On Gains
    News Corp. Reaches Agreement To Settle Delaware Litigation - Quick Facts
    21st Century Fox - New Name For News Corp.'s Media And Entertainment Spinoff
    News Corp. Applies To Cease To Be A Reporting Issuer In Canada
    News Corp. Sells Stake In Phoenix Satellite Television
    Trade NWS now with





    5/8/2013 6:21 PM ET
    Media mogul Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. (NWS: Quote,NWSA: Quote), Wednesday reported a triple-fold jump in third-quarter profit, on growth at Cable Network Programming, Filmed Entertainment, Television segments, as well as gains from raising its stake in German media company Sky Deutschland. Earnings were in line with Wall Street estimates, while sales exceeded expectations.
    The company's Class A shares are gaining more than 3.5 percent in after-hours trade on the Nasdaq, following the announcement of results.
    Results for the quarter were aided by a gain of about $2 billion as News Corp. raised its stake in Sky Deutschland to 55 percent earlier this year. Also was a gain of $321 million from the March sale of its 44 percent stake in SKY Network Television Ltd.
    Revenues for the quarter grew 14 percent to $9.54 billion from $8.40 billion last year. On average, 21 analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected revenues of $9.14 billion for the quarter.
    News Corp., which is spinning off its publishing and entertainment businesses, reported total operating income of $1.36 billion, an increase of 4 percent.
    Operating income at Cable Network Programming unit grew 17 percent from last year to $993 million, on contributions from Regional Sports Networks and FX Networks.
    Filmed entertainment segment operating income was higher by $17 million at $289 million, while Television business gained 15 percent to $196 million. Its Direct broadcast satellite television segment reported operating loss of $11 million, partly on lower contributions from SKY Italia.
    The Publishing unit continued its lackluster run, posting operating income of $85 million, down $45 million from a year ago, hurt by lower ad revenues at the Australian newspapers and integrated marketing services businesses.
    Overall, the New York-based company reported quarterly net income of $2.85 billion or $1.22 per share, compared with $937 million or $0.38 per share last year.
    Excluding one-time gains and losses, adjusted earnings for the quarter were $834 million or $0.36 per share, compared with $921 million or $0.37 per share last year.
    Analysts had consensus earnings estimate of $0.36 per share for the quarter. Analysts' estimates typically exclude special items.
    News Corp. in June revealed plans to separate its publishing unit and entertainment business into two publicly-traded companies. The move came after its British newspaper unit got involved in a phone hacking scandal that led to the closing of its 168-year old 'News of the World' tabloid in July 2011.
    As per plans, the media and entertainment company will be christened 21st Century Fox, which will be home to a portfolio of cable and broadcasting networks and properties, including FOX, STAR, film studio Twentieth Century Fox Film, among others. Rupert Murdoch will serve as chairman and CEO of the proposed 21st Century Fox. Its newspaper and publishing assets, including the Wall Street Journal, will remain under the banner of News Corp.
    Meanwhile, News Corp. board has approved an increase to the earlier authorized stock repurchase program from $5 billion to $10 billion. Through May 7, the company purchased more than $6.6 billion of Class A common stock at an average price of $19.50 per share.
    NWSA closed Wednesday at $31.86, down 1.03%, on a volume of 21.9 million shares on the Nasdaq. In after hours, the stock gained $1.14 or 3.58%.
    NWS closed at $31.98, down 0.96%, on a volume of 3.2 million shares. In after hours, the stock gained $1.07 or 3.35%.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #28  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    23,546
    Quote Originally Posted by festeringZit View Post
    [ Fox News parent corp kicking ass... ]
    News Corp. Profit Soars On Gains



    RELATED NEWS
    News Corp. Q3 Profit Surges On Gains
    News Corp. Reaches Agreement To Settle Delaware Litigation - Quick Facts
    21st Century Fox - New Name For News Corp.'s Media And Entertainment Spinoff
    News Corp. Applies To Cease To Be A Reporting Issuer In Canada
    News Corp. Sells Stake In Phoenix Satellite Television
    Trade NWS now with





    5/8/2013 6:21 PM ET
    Media mogul Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. (NWS: Quote,NWSA: Quote), Wednesday reported a triple-fold jump in third-quarter profit, on growth at Cable Network Programming, Filmed Entertainment, Television segments, as well as gains from raising its stake in German media company Sky Deutschland. Earnings were in line with Wall Street estimates, while sales exceeded expectations.
    The company's Class A shares are gaining more than 3.5 percent in after-hours trade on the Nasdaq, following the announcement of results.
    Results for the quarter were aided by a gain of about $2 billion as News Corp. raised its stake in Sky Deutschland to 55 percent earlier this year. Also was a gain of $321 million from the March sale of its 44 percent stake in SKY Network Television Ltd.
    Revenues for the quarter grew 14 percent to $9.54 billion from $8.40 billion last year. On average, 21 analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected revenues of $9.14 billion for the quarter.
    News Corp., which is spinning off its publishing and entertainment businesses, reported total operating income of $1.36 billion, an increase of 4 percent.
    Operating income at Cable Network Programming unit grew 17 percent from last year to $993 million, on contributions from Regional Sports Networks and FX Networks.
    Filmed entertainment segment operating income was higher by $17 million at $289 million, while Television business gained 15 percent to $196 million. Its Direct broadcast satellite television segment reported operating loss of $11 million, partly on lower contributions from SKY Italia.
    The Publishing unit continued its lackluster run, posting operating income of $85 million, down $45 million from a year ago, hurt by lower ad revenues at the Australian newspapers and integrated marketing services businesses.
    Overall, the New York-based company reported quarterly net income of $2.85 billion or $1.22 per share, compared with $937 million or $0.38 per share last year.
    Excluding one-time gains and losses, adjusted earnings for the quarter were $834 million or $0.36 per share, compared with $921 million or $0.37 per share last year.
    Analysts had consensus earnings estimate of $0.36 per share for the quarter. Analysts' estimates typically exclude special items.
    News Corp. in June revealed plans to separate its publishing unit and entertainment business into two publicly-traded companies. The move came after its British newspaper unit got involved in a phone hacking scandal that led to the closing of its 168-year old 'News of the World' tabloid in July 2011.
    As per plans, the media and entertainment company will be christened 21st Century Fox, which will be home to a portfolio of cable and broadcasting networks and properties, including FOX, STAR, film studio Twentieth Century Fox Film, among others. Rupert Murdoch will serve as chairman and CEO of the proposed 21st Century Fox. Its newspaper and publishing assets, including the Wall Street Journal, will remain under the banner of News Corp.
    Meanwhile, News Corp. board has approved an increase to the earlier authorized stock repurchase program from $5 billion to $10 billion. Through May 7, the company purchased more than $6.6 billion of Class A common stock at an average price of $19.50 per share.
    NWSA closed Wednesday at $31.86, down 1.03%, on a volume of 21.9 million shares on the Nasdaq. In after hours, the stock gained $1.14 or 3.58%.
    NWS closed at $31.98, down 0.96%, on a volume of 3.2 million shares. In after hours, the stock gained $1.07 or 3.35%.
    This has what to do with what?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #29  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    This has what to do with what?
    lol...you could ask that of every zit post.

    It has to do with the same fucking sheep licking the taint of fox news.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #30  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    23,546
    Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    lol...you could ask that of every zit post.

    It has to do with the same fucking sheep licking the taint of fox news.
    Why would that post have to do with licking taint of fox news, that article doesn't have much to do with FOX News. There is actually some irony in there but I'll leave that for later if Zit even feels like responding.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #31  
    Que pasa? festeringZit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36,781
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    This has what to do with what?
    It is what it is... boring day in here...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #32  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    Why would that post have to do with licking taint of fox news, that article doesn't have much to do with FOX News. There is actually some irony in there but I'll leave that for later if Zit even feels like responding.
    he makes sure to point out news corp is parent company of fox news.....so he thinks it has something to with fox.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #33  
    Que pasa? festeringZit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36,781
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    Why would that post have to do with licking taint of fox news, that article doesn't have much to do with FOX News. There is actually some irony in there but I'll leave that for later if Zit even feels like responding.
    You do know that half the stuff I post, is just to elicit discussion? Yes, I do know who News Corp owns...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #34  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    23,546
    Quote Originally Posted by festeringZit View Post
    You do know that half the stuff I post, is just to elicit discussion? Yes, I do know who News Corp owns...
    You know Glee (a show that champions transgenders and gays) is far more responsible for News Corp profits than their cable news division right?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #35  
    Que pasa? festeringZit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36,781
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    You know Glee (a show that champions transgenders and gays) is far more responsible for News Corp profits than their cable news division right?
    No, I didn't know that tidbit of information, thanks for enlightening me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #36  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    You know Glee (a show that champions transgenders and gays) is far more responsible for News Corp profits than their cable news division right?
    do people choose to watch glee or are they born that way?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #37  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    CNN sucks huh? Unless they release a poll that says what zit wants to hear....then they are gold.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #38  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City - all my life
    Posts
    18,212
    Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    CNN sucks huh? Unless they release a poll that says what zit wants to hear....then they are gold.

    Even some of the lame stream is starting to get it, and of course you never will.
    "Always drink upstream from the herd"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #39  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Quote Originally Posted by russ1945 View Post
    Even some of the lame stream is starting to get it, and of course you never will.
    Yeah we know...they only get it when they agree with your position. Crazy how that works huh?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #40  
    Que pasa? festeringZit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36,781
    Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    CNN sucks huh? Unless they release a poll that says what zit wants to hear....then they are gold.
    You actually think you are making some kind of point with this?

    I seriously think you are borderline retarded.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #41  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Quote Originally Posted by festeringZit View Post
    You actually think you are making some kind of point with this?

    I seriously think you are borderline retarded.

    You cant see what the point is. You been caught so many times being a hypocrite and a fraud....you dont even know when it happens anymore.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #42  
    Que pasa? festeringZit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36,781
    Ratings: CNN Crushed By Fox News, Beats MSNBC, Tapper Wins Demo


    229
    0
    31



    Email Article
    Print Article Send a Tip


    by John Nolte 30 Jul 2013 post a comment
    Buoyed by a big news month and left-wing competition in the form of an MSNBC incapable of anything approaching news gathering, CNN beat the "Lean Forward" channel for the third straight month and lifted its viewership considerably over last year. Fox News, however, is still beating CNN by a very wide margin.

    Compared to July of 2012, CNN's viewership increased+47% in total day and +69% in the 25-54 demo. Those numbers are a little deceiving because in July of 2012, CNN was experiencing abysmal ratings, which means it doesn't take many viewers to give the network an impressive percentage boost.
    The same is true for individual CNN programs, which also increased viewership.
    In total day, an average of 520,000 viewers tuned in to CNN. By comparison, Fox News averaged 1.065 million viewers, over twice as many. (MSNBC could only pull in 380,000.)
    Fox and CNN were much closer in the 25-54 demo.
    During primetime, MSNBC isn't far behind CNN; 672,000 to 583,000. As Breitbart News has noted previously, a look at primetime ratings over the last few days shows a nip-and-tuck battle between CNN and MSNBC.
    The best news for CNN is "The Lead with Jake Tapper," the only CNN show to win its time-slot in the 25-54 demo. Tapper even beat Fox News. This isn't surprising. Tapper is one of the few mainstream media journalists universally respected, and "The Lead" quickly established itself as CNN's only bright spot for intelligent, informed, and objective coverage.
    Things are also looking up for CNN's morning show "New Day." Compared to Soledad O'Brien's "Starting Point," "New Day" is up +45% in total viewers and +30% in the 25-54 demo. In a press release, CNN brags that "New Day" is nipping on the heels of MSNBC's "Morning Joe," which slipped -4% last month.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #43  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Yes, millions of moron sheep watch and parrot fox news. We already know that amount of viewers doesn't equal quality of content...so why do you always post this garbage?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #44  
    Que pasa? festeringZit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36,781
    Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Yes, millions of moron sheep watch and parrot CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC news. We already know that amount of viewers doesn't equal quality of content...
    Fixed your post troll boy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #45  
    Que pasa? festeringZit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36,781
    Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Yes, millions of moron sheep watch and parrot fox news. We already know that amount of viewers doesn't equal quality of content...so why do you always post this garbage?
    Funny how when millions of moron sheep elect the scumbag in the White House, you somehow tout that fact ad infinitum.

    You're just not very bright.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #46  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Quote Originally Posted by festeringZit View Post
    Funny how when millions of moron sheep elect the scumbag in the White House, you somehow tout that fact ad infinitum.

    You're just not very bright.
    That is probably the dumbest connection you've made yet.

    Fox news watchers are known idiots who just repeat the same garbage over and over again.

    Only a complete pos would constantly call a president scumbag, asshole, shit stain. You always bring everything into the gutter. Must be a miserable way to live.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #47  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City - all my life
    Posts
    18,212
    Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    That is probably the dumbest connection you've made yet.

    Fox news watchers are known idiots who just repeat the same garbage over and over again.

    Only a complete pos would constantly call a president scumbag, asshole, shit stain. You always bring everything into the gutter. Must be a miserable way to live.
    Was he referring to the president or to you?????
    "Always drink upstream from the herd"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #48  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Quote Originally Posted by russ1945 View Post
    Was he referring to the president or to you?????
    The biggest fox news sheep himself checks in.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #49  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City - all my life
    Posts
    18,212
    Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    The biggest fox news sheep himself checks in.
    Proud to say I check in with Fox from time to time but I check out Drudge and Breitbart on a daily basis. Not into lame stream propaganda. Have you ever heard anyone in the lame stream say "we report, you decide." DUH
    "Always drink upstream from the herd"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #50  
    RX Local
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    40,887
    Quote Originally Posted by russ1945 View Post
    Proud to say I check in with Fox from time to time but I check out Drudge and Breitbart on a daily basis. Not into lame stream propaganda. Have you ever heard anyone in the lame stream say "we report, you decide." DUH
    Lmao. So you go by the slogan??? It should we "we feed our trolls and decide for them"

    Drudge and breitbart are far right conservative media. Do you realize you are the same person as someoen who only watches msnbc? Do you have any clue you are sheep? They count on people like you. Don't even know you're brainwashed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •