Forum: Baseball Forum - Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting MLB here.

Thread: sKyLa'S All Star Game

1. #1 sKyLa'S All Star Game 
    ytd: 200-151(+27.52)

AL(-135) 2 units

also leaning over 8.5 but havent bet it yet

RX Junior
    Same Boat.

RX Senior
    Gl tonight sky

I like the AL and the UNDER!

Havent gone over 8 runs since 2007. Pitching was the thing the last few years as the NL had Halladay and the rest just shutting things down. Bit different this year IMO, as even the great SF guys are down a bit. Kershaw not as good and Dickey is getting hit recently. I like Verlander to pitch great as well as Weaver. Stras is always good for 1 shutdown inning but other than that I like Al's pitching a bit better and their hitting much better. Think they will score tonight. NL should score as well, Braun might have a huge day. Thinking Al and Over. Prediction: AL 7-4

Also taking Josh Hamilton to win MVP 12-1 odds

Why do you like them to win by 4? I have a huge parlay two hit need 1 thinking abut -1.5 but need some reasoning. You have anything reasonings sky?? Thanks for the post and earlier than usual!

I have the AL winning by 3 actually. But I believe The NL pitching has been the dominant factor the last few years. No as much this year. The NL was winning but not exactly hitting so well. I think the same will hold true for the NL tonight but I like Hamilton to have a big game and I think the AL is gonna win the WS this year and will be really looking for that home field. The whole starting lineup for the AL is Tex/NYY/DET...the 3 best bets to make the WS and they know it. They dont wanna lose again to the NL, and I like the AL's subs..pitchers and all just a bit better. Hope that helps its what I bet

Ok sky I'm gonna take the -1.5. Il win 450$ if your right. If your wrong il........ Stop playing your plays because I jinx them. Hope I don't jinx you 2 unit bet for the millionth time. YOur capping has been excellent and il rise with it again. Just hate the -1.5 bc soo many on the under.

Thanks MP. And it really mean little what everyone else is on IMO. Im kinda glad everyone is pounding the under GL buddy

Gl sky. Heavy juiced on AL TT over 4 and NL TT under 4. In line with your final score prediction..i like.

I appreciate it. Hope you nail you ml and hope I get the -1.5 . Think the nl gets a wake up call and realizes their pitching isn't as great as it seems. Just worried about Bautista and fielder bc they were in home run dery and might be worn out but they have deep replacements

Thanks Guys...so my final card for the night should read like this:

AL(-135) 3 UNITS

OVER 8.5 1 UNIT

JOSH HAMILTON TO WIN MVP PROP BET 12-1(JUST FOR FUN) .5 UNIT

RX Member
    In a game with so many pitchers facing opposing batters that are not that familiar with them I would lean to the under and the team with more power, the AL. A homer here or there could decide the game. Plus Dickey got hit hard by the yanks a few weeks back. Considering the AL is half Yankees, I think he is likely to give up some runs...even though I'm a huge dickey fan. Yanks are just too patient and are so familiar with the knuckleball. AL and under for me, but small.

game is over already..

Quote Originally Posted by MadPicker View Post
    game is over already..
    The OVER is over already. cant believe Verlander gave up 5 freaking runs

Damn. Needed that Hamilton HR to help my mvp bet as well. just missed going out

guess AL not gonna hit tonight. Los of deep fly outs, lots of base hits for the NL. maybe ill get the over

Quote Originally Posted by skyla316 View Post
    The OVER is over already. cant believe Verlander gave up 5 freaking runs
    Sick jinx right here.

RX Senior
    skyla, that's a typical 2012 over/under bad beat right there we witnessed tonight. Was leaning on the over tonight as well and I'm glad I didn't bet it... it was 8-0 in the top of the 4th! Multiple, multiple chances to plate that ninth run, especially in the 9th inning (He could have scored on that Hanrahan wild pitch) when Mauer never advanced on defensive indifference, which would have allowed him to advance to third with no outs on the Andrus ground ball.

Yet another example of the wrong bet somehow escaping with the "win." That's one of the luckier breaks you'll ever see, with under bettors somehow being rewarded with ALL STAR HITTERS being completely shut out for the six final innings. It's the theme of this 2012 season, at least as far as over/unders are concerned, and I hope it's not a sign that this BS is going to continue in the second half.

Speaking of the second half, good luck. I know you'll continue your dominant season, shake off the all-star game results. I've been saying for years that the all-star game and its festivities shouldn't count on someone's gambling record since it has nothing to do with talent and ability; too many variables and too unpredictable

Quote Originally Posted by CatsOverUnders View Post
    skyla, that's a typical 2012 over/under bad beat right there we witnessed tonight. Was leaning on the over tonight as well and I'm glad I didn't bet it... it was 8-0 in the top of the 4th! Multiple, multiple chances to plate that ninth run, especially in the 9th inning (He could have scored on that Hanrahan wild pitch) when Mauer never advanced on defensive indifference, which would have allowed him to advance to third with no outs on the Andrus ground ball.

Yet another example of the wrong bet somehow escaping with the "win." That's one of the luckier breaks you'll ever see, with under bettors somehow being rewarded with ALL STAR HITTERS being completely shut out for the six final innings. It's the theme of this 2012 season, at least as far as over/unders are concerned, and I hope it's not a sign that this BS is going to continue in the second half.

Speaking of the second half, good luck. I know you'll continue your dominant season, shake off the all-star game results. I've been saying for years that the all-star game and its festivities shouldn't count on someone's gambling record since it has nothing to do with talent and ability; too many variables and too unpredictable
    I gotta admit..........that was the LUCKIEST UNDER (8.5) I HAVE EVER HIT!!!!!! Never thought it had a chance after the 4th inning.

Looking fwd to the 2nd half of the season, SKY!