He's back ..... Straight from federal prison.... former Pro Bowl RB and Father of 11, Count them, 11 children

Search
Tokens
The NFL has officially reinstated former Denver Broncos running back Travis Henry, according to a league source.

A free agent who recently served time in prison on drug charges, Henry was removed from the reserve/suspended list.

The former Pro Bowl running back and father of 11 children, Henry served three years in federal prison for financing a cocaine trafficking operation.

Henry played for the Broncos, Buffalo Bills and the Tennessee Titans.

Henry, 33, was arrested by the Drug Enforcement Administration on Sept. 30, 2008 for his involvement in a multi-kilogram cocaine transaction.

The former University of Tennessee star was suspended for one year by the NFL on Aug. 31, 2008 for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Henry has been working out and hopes to make a comeback.

He has rushed for 6,086 career yards and 38 touchdowns.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=1209134&nid=3689943&fhn=1

Tokens
Glad I'm off to work so my tax dollars can pay for his kids' welfare

RX Local
Tokens
lol this is crazy.

walk out of prison and ready to comeback to nfl.. gl ;)

-murph

Tokens
Glad I'm off to work so my tax dollars can pay for his kids' welfare

I can't stand it when people make comments like this. As if someones welfare or the cost to put somebody on trial actually gets deducted from your paycheck. It is a tax. Your government and or state takes a certain percentage of your earnings to allocate to whatever the hell they want to. If welfare didn't exist then the money would go to NASA or fuel for Air Force One so the president can get a Five Guys Hamburger. So you the worker don't technically contribute a dime to somebody's household. There isn't a checkbox that you fill out where you can choose where you want your tax dollars to go like it is some sort of donation of 401 deduction.

In reality if the government was to eliminate welfare and public housing you would be earning far less money in this country at your current position. Unless you are a surgeon or a lawyer or an engineer or something that involves a high degree of math any Tom, Dick and Harry can perform the daily job functions that we do with the proper training. By eliminating welfare you would be forcing a family that doesn't mind living on the strictly bare essentials to go out and seek the same limited employment opportunities that us Americans are crying about right now and they would be willing to do our jobs at a much lower pay rate.

Now wouldn't you rather work a 9-5 job and come home and feel good about yourself that you are able to provide for your family by putting decent food on the table and having enough square footage that your children can sleep in their own rooms and have a hard to play in and you and the Mrs. can afford to drive a nice Chevy Tahoe, Prius and Mercedes and you can take the family out to the movies, out to eat, and on a yearly vacation and afford premium cable and desktops, laptops, Ipads, smart phones and all of the other little luxuries that we take for granted. Or does being on welfare still sound like the charmed life? For every one person that abuses welfare there are a thousand hard cases of families that have had to endure more abuse, trauma and drama that you and I could ever imagine. Most of these people eat shit all year long and when they get that one time care package from their local church at Christmas time it is the best food that will fill their cupboards all year.

hacheman@therx.com
Staff member
Tokens
Watched him tear it up in high school here in central Florida.

Early on he looked lime he was on his way to a solid NFL season before he blew it...

Tokens
I can't stand it when people make comments like this. As if someones welfare or the cost to put somebody on trial actually gets deducted from your paycheck. It is a tax. Your government and or state takes a certain percentage of your earnings to allocate to whatever the hell they want to. If welfare didn't exist then the money would go to NASA or fuel for Air Force One so the president can get a Five Guys Hamburger. So you the worker don't technically contribute a dime to somebody's household. There isn't a checkbox that you fill out where you can choose where you want your tax dollars to go like it is some sort of donation of 401 deduction.

In reality if the government was to eliminate welfare and public housing you would be earning far less money in this country at your current position. Unless you are a surgeon or a lawyer or an engineer or something that involves a high degree of math any Tom, Dick and Harry can perform the daily job functions that we do with the proper training. By eliminating welfare you would be forcing a family that doesn't mind living on the strictly bare essentials to go out and seek the same limited employment opportunities that us Americans are crying about right now and they would be willing to do our jobs at a much lower pay rate.

Now wouldn't you rather work a 9-5 job and come home and feel good about yourself that you are able to provide for your family by putting decent food on the table and having enough square footage that your children can sleep in their own rooms and have a hard to play in and you and the Mrs. can afford to drive a nice Chevy Tahoe, Prius and Mercedes and you can take the family out to the movies, out to eat, and on a yearly vacation and afford premium cable and desktops, laptops, Ipads, smart phones and all of the other little luxuries that we take for granted. Or does being on welfare still sound like the charmed life? For every one person that abuses welfare there are a thousand hard cases of families that have had to endure more abuse, trauma and drama that you and I could ever imagine. Most of these people eat shit all year long and when they get that one time care package from their local church at Christmas time it is the best food that will fill their cupboards all year.

yes he DOES. The govt uses the revenue and then spends it accordingly, and SOME of that monies is spent on putting food on the table for others

Tokens
my guess is that Travis has paid more in taxes in his short life than most of us will in a lifetime.

Tokens

Good post

Tokens
Good post

Horrible post. Just horrible.

Jobs are synergistic-- give these people actual jobs and that will create even more jobs and more opportunity and so on. Now they are paying IN- to even less people people. That's how we got a surplus with Clinton.

SHANKAPOTOMUS !!!!
Tokens
Horrible post. Just horrible.

Jobs are synergistic-- give these people actual jobs and that will create even more jobs and more opportunity and so on. Now they are paying IN- to even less people people. That's how we got a surplus with Clinton.

+1

Tokens
hosnatcher, you nailed it. Those are true words.

On a strictly superficial note, though, athletes spreading their genes like seeds in a field make for some good comedy. The Nick and Artie Show (with comics Nick DiPaolo and Artie Lange) has been hit or miss so far, but they'll occassionally get on the topic of athletes with lots of kids and lots of baby mommas, and that's when they're at their funniest.

Tokens

AHHHHHH yes and here come the blackman defending other blackmen even though the blackman he is defending is a scumbag.

You must be stupid to think all out lives would not be better if we lived in a country filled with people that took care of themselves. This country would be the strongest country in the would if we had more producers and less anchors on society. The facts have proven out that out of thos 11 kids that we the people will be taking care of atleast 8 of them for their entire lifetimes between welfare and prison.

You need to wake up and understand what the welfare system has done to the black family. The KKK could never do the damage to the black that welfare has done.

Lets face it when the black culture stops defending their fellow black scumbags it just might get better.

Get the chip off your shoulder and open your eyes and see what is going on. Its just a cycle of poverty. Hey if your fine with that thats ok but I am not. I wan and expect people to take care of themselves. What a concept.

Come with me on a tour od Detroit I will show you what all the breeding and welfare has done to the black family

Tokens
Agree with above..

So if 1000 new companies moved to Florida from Mars and hired thousands the state and its people wouldnt be better off???

Come on Hos really?????
Lets work on creating real jobs....

Tokens
You need to wake up and understand what the welfare system has done to the black family. The KKK could never do the damage to the black that welfare has done.

True words there^

Tokens
You can create all of the entry level jobs that you want. Simple fact is someone in another country will do it cheaper. Here is an idea why not bring all of the level 5 phone customer support back to this country and allow the poor American housewife who have 3 young babies, no husband and no transportation to take those calls and work off their government compensation? Would that mean that we would pay less taxes? Of course not.

I am friends with a former couple who are in this type of financial situation. The couple separated and the man who has worked at UPS for 10 years is still waiting to become a driver but because the turnover rate at the driver position is so slow he has to work as a loader until a position opens up. A loader at his seniority rate makes $20 an hour but they only work 20 hours a week. Well at that pay rate he has had to move back home to his parents house and his wages get garnished about 50% for child support. The woman after a year and a half of looking for a job that can work around her schedule with the children she found employment at Target making $9.00 an hour. Although she does get housing assistance she still has to make her rent of $900 a month off of those wages and try to provide a decent life for the 2 kids.

That is your average person who receives government assistance in this country. I grew up poor. Not 10 brothers and sisters poor raised by a single mother poor but 1 brother and 1 sister poor with a father who went blind and suffered from MS by the time I was in junior high school and my mother working a job as a medical claims adjuster based on the skills she picked up in trade school in the 60's. We didn't qualify for welfare because we weren't quite poor enough because rather than live in a run down crime infested violent community my parents wanted their children to grow up in a decent neighborhood so the majority of the family earnings went to pay the rent. After that the family car situation consisted of hand me downs or buckets and we ate very inexpensive food that had we had to stretch out. Christmas sucked, back to school shopping for me was digging a jacket or nice shirt out of the school lost and found and home entertainment sucked. Some of you people don't realize just how little somebody has who collects welfare and what little chance the children have of making something of themselves in life. Sometimes you should be thankful that you have a good paying job and your health and are in a position to make enough money that government can actually take from you.

I don't agree or respect on how Travis Henry conducted himself with having all of these children that he may or may not ever be able to support. But I would rather my tax dollars that the government uses goes to welfare which is going to help innocent children and poor households than to finance some generic drug that gets some 70 year old dudes dick hard or to cover the court costs to fight for or against gay marriage.

Tokens
Here you go HO

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Put me in charge [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]...
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Put me in charge of food stamps. I’d get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho’s, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I’d do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we’ll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your “home” will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a “government” job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good.”
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Before you write that I’ve violated someone’s rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before you say that this would be “demeaning” and ruin their “self esteem,” consider that it wasn’t that long ago that taking someone else’s money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If we are expected to pay for other people’s mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices. [/FONT]

Tokens
AHHHHHH yes and here come the blackman defending other blackmen even though the blackman he is defending is a scumbag.

You must be stupid to think all out lives would not be better if we lived in a country filled with people that took care of themselves. This country would be the strongest country in the would if we had more producers and less anchors on society. The facts have proven out that out of thos 11 kids that we the people will be taking care of atleast 8 of them for their entire lifetimes between welfare and prison.

Lets face it when the black culture stops defending their fellow black scumbags it just might get better.

Get the chip off your shoulder and open your eyes and see what is going on. Its just a cycle of poverty. Hey if your fine with that thats ok but I am not. I wan and expect people to take care of themselves. What a concept.

Come with me on a tour od Detroit I will show you what all the breeding and welfare has done to the black family

Dude you need to really get a grip with your internet bigotry. If you hate black people so much then move away from them. That must suck for you to go through life being all miserable and full of so much hate. I sure hope you don't have a wife and any younglings around the house that have to put up with your shitty existence. You really should seek some therapy so you don't end up the next deranged out of touch white dude that shoots up a bunch of innocent people. I don't think the city of Detroit could afford to flip the medical bills of all of the uninsured and not enough insured victims you shoot up in a fit of rage.

Tokens
You can create all of the entry level jobs that you want. Simple fact is someone in another country will do it cheaper. Here is an idea why not bring all of the level 5 phone customer support back to this country and allow the poor American housewife who have 3 young babies, no husband and no transportation to take those calls and work off their government compensation? Would that mean that we would pay less taxes? Of course not.

I am friends with a former couple who are in this type of financial situation. The couple separated and the man who has worked at UPS for 10 years is still waiting to become a driver but because the turnover rate at the driver position is so slow he has to work as a loader until a position opens up. A loader at his seniority rate makes $20 an hour but they only work 20 hours a week. Well at that pay rate he has had to move back home to his parents house and his wages get garnished about 50% for child support. The woman after a year and a half of looking for a job that can work around her schedule with the children she found employment at Target making $9.00 an hour. Although she does get housing assistance she still has to make her rent of $900 a month off of those wages and try to provide a decent life for the 2 kids.

That is your average person who receives government assistance in this country. I grew up poor. Not 10 brothers and sisters poor raised by a single mother poor but 1 brother and 1 sister poor with a father who went blind and suffered from MS by the time I was in junior high school and my mother working a job as a medical claims adjuster based on the skills she picked up in trade school in the 60's. We didn't qualify for welfare because we weren't quite poor enough because rather than live in a run down crime infested violent community my parents wanted their children to grow up in a decent neighborhood so the majority of the family earnings went to pay the rent. After that the family car situation consisted of hand me downs or buckets and we ate very inexpensive food that had we had to stretch out. Christmas sucked, back to school shopping for me was digging a jacket or nice shirt out of the school lost and found and home entertainment sucked. Some of you people don't realize just how little somebody has who collects welfare and what little chance the children have of making something of themselves in life. Sometimes you should be thankful that you have a good paying job and your health and are in a position to make enough money that government can actually take from you.

I don't agree or respect on how Travis Henry conducted himself with having all of these children that he may or may not ever be able to support. But I would rather my tax dollars that the government uses goes to welfare which is going to help innocent children and poor households than to finance some generic drug that gets some 70 year old dudes dick hard or to cover the court costs to fight for or against gay marriage.

See you are a perfect example of what TO DO. Notice your parents didn't keep pumping out kids that they could not feed. See how that works. If you want a better life people need to work for it.

I will assume you are a Dem. You complain about all the jobs going away. Well your guy Obama just signed 2 more trade agreements with countries that will work for pennies. I must of missed the thread you started against Obama on that one.

Also a Dem President signed NAFTA. He signed away millions of jobs to leave this country. He also gave China favorite nation status and now look where every thing is made.

But in the end that is no excuse for people to keep breeding like animals when they are already poor. They should get no money. We need to stop paying people to be breeders

Tokens
Dude you need to really get a grip with your internet bigotry. If you hate black people so much then move away from them. That must suck for you to go through life being all miserable and full of so much hate. I sure hope you don't have a wife and any younglings around the house that have to put up with your shitty existence. You really should seek some therapy so you don't end up the next deranged out of touch white dude that shoots up a bunch of innocent people. I don't think the city of Detroit could afford to flip the medical bills of all of the uninsured and not enough insured victims you shoot up in a fit of rage.

HAHAHAHAHA I have dated more women of color than you have. I am happily married to a white girl.

Sorry if the truth hurts. So instead of insulting me and calling me a racist how bout you try to tell me I am wrong. I see it everyday I work in some of the worst parts of this country. I see a girl with 3 kids and no clue who the fathers are and she's only 20. Her life is over and her kids have very very little chance to achieve anything in life. If I was a racist I would be happy to see the blacks live like this. I am not happy at all. This is a terrible situation for the kids. Giving more money to the mom is not the answer.

Maybe your right its the black folks problem hell with it. I should not care but when I go into houses and see the little kids and the loser mom there with the freeloading boyfriend. I know that those kids may as well be dead as they have no chance.

yep I'm a racist for wanting better for fellow americans. Unlike you I expect better for them and from them. You are just like the guilty white racist liberals that just wants to pay them off to shutup and to vote for them. Who is the racist one?

The one that sees they should be doing better or the one that pays them off with a little check 2 times a month and thinks they can't do for themselves.

With your way of thinking the black race will never get better. Keep on keeping on and so the black vote will be worthless and than it will really get bad for the blacks.
Sorry but I expect better of them.

Tokens
Too much to read but all that assistance just raises the price of everything; college, housing, food, etc.

Just get rid of the assistance geeze......

This assistance shit isnt white / black. I don't need the whole country looking like West Va.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go789click
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com