Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: Penn st got what was coming -school a disgrace

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brucefan View Post
    We will never move on . Don't like it, don't read it . It's important to bring back up all the silly comments and opinions based in no facts.
    Joe Paterno deserved better .
    I just read your entire take on the issue, and like most uneducated individuals, you have no clue. Do yourself a favor. Stop trying to be a lawyer. You are far from qualified. A typical stupid quote from a person trying to defend an undefendable position: "While I am not an expert on the case against Sandusky, I am informed that no actual victim testified to the McQueary allegation." Just WHO informed you? NO ONE. You are just making that up. If not, you would have given a name. You admit that the jury found him guilty on 45 counts. 45 idiot, not one or two. You you so ignorant that you actually want to sell us that the jury convicted that scumbag on 45 counts with no proof at all?

Are you an attorney? Have you ever been to court? Have you ever investigated alleged crimes? I am sure the answer to all of those questions are NO. Well I HAVE done all of that, and I can tell you that all you are is a Penn State homer. Like all homers, you are totally blind to the truth. The truth is that JoePa know that something was wrong and just stuck his head in the sand. He got what he deserved. Move on loser. No one gives a caca about this any more. IT is over and done with. There is nothing you can do about it. If you want to continue to pout over this, do not waste the space in here to do so. Pout in private. One more thing. You will NEVER tell me what to do. Do you understand? Now go pout in your closet.

Pout in private....lol
    Don’t drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I just read your entire take on the issue, and like most uneducated individuals, you have no clue. Do yourself a favor. Stop trying to be a lawyer. You are far from qualified. A typical stupid quote from a person trying to defend an undefendable position: "While I am not an expert on the case against Sandusky, I am informed that no actual victim testified to the McQueary allegation." Just WHO informed you? NO ONE. You are just making that up. If not, you would have given a name. You admit that the jury found him guilty on 45 counts. 45 idiot, not one or two. You you so ignorant that you actually want to sell us that the jury convicted that scumbag on 45 counts with no proof at all?

Are you an attorney? Have you ever been to court? Have you ever investigated alleged crimes? I am sure the answer to all of those questions are NO. Well I HAVE done all of that, and I can tell you that all you are is a Penn State homer. Like all homers, you are totally blind to the truth. The truth is that JoePa know that something was wrong and just stuck his head in the sand. He got what he deserved. Move on loser. No one gives a caca about this any more. IT is over and done with. There is nothing you can do about it. If you want to continue to pout over this, do not waste the space in here to do so. Pout in private. One more thing. You will NEVER tell me what to do. Do you understand? Now go pout in your closet.
    Whoot !

If I was a PSU grad, I'd keep it a secret for a long long time... or at least admit that it was
    a scum bag operation of monumental proportions and the coverup was pure chickenshit.

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Is there any reason at all for bumping this post? Can we get back to football? Is anyone in here an attorney, because if not, all you have to offer is opinion which may, or may not be accepted. Back to football people. You are going to have to learn to move on. There is no way to change the past.
    Agree. Let's talk CFB.....

"The older I get the better I was"

That's nuts !!

I'm not a lawyer ( thank g-d) So I wont comment further

TIC, TOCK , TICK, TOCK

John Ziegler1 hr · Twitter ·

Its been 1,486 days since PSU Admins were indicted by a GJ that didn't hear their testimony & with a judge now removed due 2 case misconduct

It's hard to believe but this scandal was par for the course at PSU.

Jopa was questioned by Bryant Gumble in an interview on HBO about
    giving his football team just one day picking up trash in Beaver Stadium
    as punishment for a litany of player crimes committed. He spoke like
    a true dick. This happened about a year prior to the Sandusky scandal.

Sandusky or no Sandusky I lost a lot of respect for him because of that.

RX Junior
    Unfortunately it ends up they didn't get what they deserve other schools suffered far worse sanctions for paying players(smu) illegal recruitment etc. If you live to be a million years old I'm sure you will never hear a more sickening story in any sport then what was ALLOWED to happen at psu football for decades. Handicapped children were molested on university property and trips and it was covered up. Some of you say the players shouldn't be punished?? When a member of any college program fucks up the PROGRAM gets punished those players were given the opportunity to go anywhere else fuck this sympathy bullshit for psu football they should be banned from postseason play forever

RX SemiGod
    Penn State should have to name President Obama as there president. He could solve all problems,
    give hope and clarity to race relations, undue all injustices, and above all, provide SECURITY for the
    Penn State students. Penn State...Obama....yep!

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    Penn State should have to name President Obama as there president. He could solve all problems,
    give hope and clarity to race relations, undue all injustices, and above all, provide SECURITY for the
    Penn State students. Penn State...Obama....yep!
    Lol!

avoid BetEast at all costs! rolltide's Avatar
    since the nitter wanted to bump this crap i might as well add some fresh news:

HARRISBURG, Pa. — Penn State settled with six more victims of Jerry Sandusky, according to a new audit that puts the school's total payout in the child sex abuse scandal at nearly $93 million.
    The university's audited financial statements for the year that ended June 30, dated Oct. 30, show $33.2 million in new payments over claims related to the former longtime assistant football coach.

PSU continues to slowly try and save face http://sports.yahoo.com/news/penn-st...193056885.html

Lets hope an apology is part of this ceremony

in the meantime, we wait for this "slam dunk" case against the administrators as we all know this was one big cover up

Hollywood Celebrity (And Former Harsh Paterno Critic) Jay Mohr Interviews John Ziegler For Over Two Hours

http://www.framingpaterno.com/

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSooners View Post
    bahahahaha

joe paterno knew or he should have. i lost all respect for him. im sorry. sort of like pete rose but much worse imho- that being said. why should the players get hurt in any way. thats wrong.

Time to make some new friends

Why Jerry Sandusky May Be Innocent

By Mark Pendergrast | 5 hours ago http://thecrimereport.org/2016/09/07...y-be-innocent/#

Jerry Sandusky. Photo by Andrewstern2 via Flickr
    What if Jerry Sandusky didn’t do it? In a recent hearing, the former Penn State football coach, who was convicted on 45 counts of child sexual abuse, testified for the first time, claiming innocence. But who is going to believe him?
    I do, because many of the allegations against him are based on a discredited psychological technique known as repressed-memory therapy.
    During the trial, one of the eight young men who testified was asked why his allegations had multiplied over time.
    “That doorway that I had closed has since been reopening more,” Dustin Struble told the court. [editor’s note, see p 143 in link.]
    “Through counseling and different things, I can remember a lot more detail that I had pushed aside than I did at that point.”
    Unfortunately, Sandusky’s trial lawyer Joe Amendola was clueless about the repressed memory issue.
    It is relatively easy to generate false memories of abuse – as occurred in thousands of cases during the repressed memory epidemic of the 1990s.During my investigation for “Victims of Memory” (1996), my book on the subject, the world’s leading memory scientists told me why Freud’s theory of repressed memories of sexual abuse was wrong. (There are many other books on the perils of repressed memories, such as The Myth of Repressed Memory, by Elizabeth Loftus and Remembering Trauma, by Richard McNally).
    People do not forget years of traumatic events. Yet all memory is subject to distortion, and through authoritative, suggestive influence, it is relatively easy to generate false memories of abuse – as occurred in thousands of cases during the repressed memory epidemic of the 1990s.
    No one can prove a negative. Just as no one can prove that ghosts do not exist, it is impossible to prove that repressed memories are all false. But the concept flies in the face of science and common sense, and I could not find one convincing case. People sometimes avoid thinking about traumatic events that happened to them, but they do not entirely forget them.
    So I sought out Dustin Struble, one of the key witnesses against Sandusky.
    “Actually both of my therapists have suggested that I have repressed memories,” he emailed. “My therapist has suggested that I may still have more repressed memories that have yet to be revealed, and this could be a big cause of the depression that I still carry today.”
    When I asked him in an October 2014 interview what Struble had thought of Sandusky before he went for therapy, he said that he had considered Sandusky a friend and mentor. Before therapy, he recalled no molestation.
    Sandusky’s first accuser was Aaron Fisher, “Victim 1,” who went on to co-author a book, Silent No More, with his therapist Mike Gillum. At first, the 15-year-old Fisher said only that he and Sandusky had wrestled around, both fully clothed.
    But Gillum just knew that more had occurred.
    “I was very blunt with Aaron when I asked questions but gave him the ability to answer with a yes or a no, that relieved him of a lot of burden,” Gillum wrote in the book.
    Gillum “just kept saying that Jerry was the exact profile of a predator. When it finally sank in, I felt angry,” Fisher recalled. Yet it took three years of working with Gillum before Fisher would do much more than answer yes or no questions. For a long time, Fisher remained the only witness against Sandusky, and the Pennsylvania attorney general refused to proceed with his testimony alone.
    But under Gillum’s tutelage, Fisher eventually agreed that Sandusky had forced him into oral sex.
    Gillum told me that he went on to counsel at least two other alleged Sandusky victims. One may have been Jason Simcisko, who testified about why he initially denied any abuse: “Everything that’s coming out now is because I thought about it more. I tried to block this out of my brain for years.” [editor’s note: It is safe to access these trial transcripts, so ignore the warning about “some files can contain viruses.” See p. 122]
    From remarks in other testimony, from police reports, and from lawyers’ comments, it becomes apparent that repressed memories or other memory distortion could underpin all of the allegations against Sandusky.
    The police got “angry and upset when I would not say what they wanted to hear...”Police used overtly leading questions, telling young men that Sandusky had abused others and that they wanted to hear the same stories now.
    “He took advantage of you,” they said. “We need you to tell us this is what happened.” [ed. note: see pp 80-83]
    The police got “angry and upset when I would not say what they wanted to hear,” recalled one interview subject.
    The police asked uncooperative interviewees to call them if they could “recall anything.”
    Civil lawyers sent potential victims to therapy to help unearth memories. As Howard Janet, a civil lawyer for an alleged Sandusky victim, explained in a CNN interview, victims could “create a bit of a Chinese wall in their minds. They bury these events that were so painful to them deep in their subconscious.”
    But that’s not all. The well-known sodomy-in-the-shower story is fictional. When Mike McQueary went into the locker room in 2001, he briefly heard slapping sounds in the shower that he interpreted as sexual. As McQueary later put it, “Visualizations come to your head.”
    He then saw Sandusky and a boy walk out of the shower.
    Nearly ten years later, when the police told McQueary that Sandusky had been accused of sexually abusing a boy, McQueary’s memory changed. This is not unusual because eyewitness testimony is notoriously fallible, especially when much time has passed. Our memories are influenced by our current attitudes and prejudices.
    So McQueary now recalled looking directly into the shower and seeing Sandusky standing behind the boy and slowly moving his hips. [ed. note: see pp 195-197]
    Allan Myers, who was that boy in the shower, emphatically denied that Jerry Sandusky had sexually abused him. “Never, ever, did anything like that occur,” he said in a statement to Sandusky’s defense team. He said that he and Sandusky had been slap-boxing.
    “Victim 8” didn’t testify, not just because he was never identified, but because he may never have existed.But then Myers apparently changed his mind. He found a civil attorney, joined the other alleged victims, and eventually collected a great deal of money. Myers did not testify at the trial. The prosecution didn’t want his statement introduced by the defense, and the defense was also afraid to call him. So he remained the anonymous “Victim 2.”
    “Victim 8” didn’t testify, not just because he was never identified, but because he may never have existed. A Penn State janitor told the jury [ed. note: see pp 222-248] what another temporary janitor, Jim Calhoun, had allegedly told him in 2000, twelve years before. The reason Calhoun didn’t testify is that he was allegedly suffering from dementia at the time of the trial.
    Yet in a taped interview with the police, Calhoun said that Sandusky was not the man he saw abusing a boy. Inexplicably, this tape was not used in Sandusky’s defense during the trial, probably because his lawyer was overwhelmed and never listened to it.
    Then there’s Matt Sandusky, the last of the six children the couple adopted, who “flipped” to accuse his father mid-trial. “Based upon what you’re telling me,” Oprah Winfrey asked him on camera, “you actually repressed a lot of it.”
    “Uh-huh, absolutely,” Matt replied. “The physical part is the part that, you know, you can erase…. I didn't have these memories of the sexual abuse.”
    At an interview following Sandusky’s conviction on June 22, 2012, Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly affirmed that repressed memories were key to the case, explaining: “It’s a long process…to have that many young boys come forward and say what they did and to have to unearth those memories that they buried for all those years.”
    Author’s Note: This quote is from an interview with Linda Kelly by Jeremy Schaap and Roger Cossack on June 22, 2012, from an ESPN website: It has since been removed from the internet, but there is a mention of it here.
    Jerry Sandusky did take showers with boys, but that is not a crime. He grew up in a recreation center run by his parents, where such showers were the norm.
    If Sandusky were a pedophile, he would probably have molested his other four adopted sons. Yet when I interviewed them, they denied any abuse. “My parents gave me morals,” a son told me. “They taught me how to live my life. They modeled things I'm striving to be as a parent myself.” But none of the sons would allow me to use their names, for fear of reprisals against them or their families.
    Sandusky founded the Second Mile program to help troubled youth. Of the hundreds of Second Mile alums the police interviewed during the Sandusky investigation, the vast majority did not claim abuse, despite extensive pressure to do so.
    “We have recently been interviewing kids who don’t believe the allegations as published and believe Sandusky is a great role model for them and others to emulate,” complained one investigator in a frustrated email to his team. [ed. note: see Appendix N in this link, p. 261]
    During the June 2012 trial, alleged victims gave graphic, disturbing testimony. While much of it had evolved and grown over time, it is not clear that it all stemmed from repressed memories. Barring a new trial for Sandusky, it is difficult to determine what had always been remembered and which memories were created more recently through suggestion.
    After the explosive allegations were broadcast by the media in November 2011, and it became clear that alleged victims might make a great deal of money, financial motivations may have become more of an issue for the last two trial “Victims 9 and 10” and other anonymous claimants who then came forward.
    In response to a brief filed by Sandusky’s attorneys Al Lindsay and Andrew Salemme on August 31, 2016, it appears that Judge John Cleland, who also presided over the rushed 2012 trial, may allow a hearing regarding repressed-memory therapy, the unacknowledged linchpin of the case.
    Ed. note: See also: “Sandusky Wants Judge to Review Victim Therapy Records” (Centre Daily Times/September 2).
    After these hearings, if Cleland refuses to grant Sandusky a new trial – despite an appallingly ineffective trial defense effort and illegally leaked grand jury information – Sandusky’s lawyers can appeal to the Pennsylvania Superior and Supreme Courts.
    If he fails there, his only option will be a federal court.
    Let’s hope that the justices will allow testimony about repressed memories in the Sandusky case.
    Mark Pendergrast

Mark Pendergrast’s Victims of Memory was one of the first investigations of the repressed memory epidemic. He is currently preparing a book about the Sandusky case. He can be reached through his website, www.markpendergrast.com

and the case continues to well, FALL APART

Perjury charge against former Penn State AD dismissed

http://www.centredaily.com/news/loca...107999447.html

One count of perjury against Tim Curley, Penn State’s former athletic director, was dismissed Thursday afternoon.Christopher Weddle Centre Daily Times, file

One count of perjury against Tim Curley, Penn State’s former athletic director, was dismissed Thursday afternoon.
    Berks County Senior Judge John Boccabella took over the case, according to court documents. He heard arguments Thursday over the charges against three former Penn State administrators — Graham Spanier, Gary Schultz and Curley. Charges also include endangering the welfare of children and failure to properly report suspected abuse.
    The charges stem from the Sandusky Scandal. Former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky was convicted of dozens of child sex offenses, and several Penn State administrators and former coach Joe Paterno were fired after Sandusky was indicted.
    Fallout of the scandal included crippling sanctions against Penn State’s football program and the vacating of 111 of Paterno’s and the program’s wins, which were later restored.
    This story will be updated.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/news/loca...#storylink=cpy

Quote Originally Posted by 2outta3 View Post
    You're all emotion and no logic. Players and students had nothing to do with the Sandusky crimes. If your uncle, unbeknownst to you, molests children should you and your kids be vilified just because you are related to him? Innocent people totally removed from the situation do not deserve any scorn.
    All the scorn should go to the school. Students may attend at their own discretion.
    Sandusky committed the perverted crimes. Jopa covered them up. Punishment deserved.
    Come back in 10 years... at least. If there were a criminal trial, anyone involved should do 20.

RX Wizard
    That delusional fan base is THE worst

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    All the scorn should go to the school. Students may attend at their own discretion.
    Sandusky committed the perverted crimes. Jopa covered them up. Punishment deserved.
    Come back in 10 years... at least. If there were a criminal trial, anyone involved should do 20.
    do you realize how fucking stupid you sound? Joepa covered up for a person to molest children...think about that for a minute...

oh oh and go back to day one when this went down, the AG came out and said Joepa should be praised for how he handle the situation

the only people that actually believe that paterno knew and actively covered it up along with other penn state leaders covered it up are hard headed idiots who hated paterno and/or penn state and want to follow the original media narrative....do some research...the only thing that pointed to any of them knowing anything was the freeh report and that this has been destroyed by many, many reputable people who have said it isn't worth the paper it was written on.....and they have no dog in the fight

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lionking View Post
    do you realize how fucking stupid you sound? Joepa covered up for a person to molest children...think about that for a minute...

oh oh and go back to day one when this went down, the AG came out and said Joepa should be praised for how he handle the situation

the only people that actually believe that paterno knew and actively covered it up along with other penn state leaders covered it up are hard headed idiots who hated paterno and/or penn state and want to follow the original media narrative....do some research...the only thing that pointed to any of them knowing anything was the freeh report and that this has been destroyed by many, many reputable people who have said it isn't worth the paper it was written on.....and they have no dog in the fight

Lol

RX Member
    Joe pa....knew kids were being abused and said nothing....not only would I have taken down his statue....but I would have lit it on fire..... fuck Penn state football.....it's tarnished forever...
    Ignorant statement?

Ok...the rest of our lives....Penn state is known for abusing little kids.....end of story

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich3227 View Post
    Joe pa....knew kids were being abused and said nothing....not only would I have taken down his statue....but I would have lit it on fire..... fuck Penn state football.....it's tarnished forever...
    Ignorant statement?

Ok...the rest of our lives....Penn state is known for abusing little kids.....end of story

let me guess...Rutgers fan...typical ignorant jersey trash...

Things about to get mighty interesting
    Jerry Sandusky Seeks New Trial

http://www.lindsaylawfirm.com/news.php?aID=193
    posted November 01, 2016Jerry Sandusky Seeks New Trial

Kris Maher
    Former Penn State Coach Jerry Sandusky Seeks a New Trial
    Lawyer argues that missteps in the child sex abuse trial led to the coach’s conviction

Four years after he was convicted of child sex abuse, former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky is arguing that serious missteps by prosecutors and defense lawyers are grounds for a new trial.

Mr. Sandusky’s current lawyer, Alexander Lindsay, has laid out a broad argument for overturning the June 2012 conviction in court filings. He compared the case, which shook the college-sports world, to a “modern day Salem Witch Trial.”

A host of factors including a media frenzy that prejudged Mr. Sandusky before the trial began “resulted in transforming an innocent man into one of the country’s most infamous ‘child predators,’” Mr. Lindsay wrote.

Judge John Cleland, who presided over the trial, has agreed to hear testimony on several of Mr. Lindsay’s claims, including that a prosecutor lied at trial about not knowing the identity of an alleged victim and that defense lawyers also knew the name but failed to call him to testify to rebut abuse allegations. Mr. Lindsay also claims that prosecutors tainted the grand jury process by illegally leaking information.

The judge has scheduled three days of hearings, beginning Friday, August 12 in Centre County Court in Bellefonte, Pa.

Wes Oliver, a law professor at Duquesne University, said that while courts rarely grant new trials, the “substantial claims” by Mr. Sandusky’s lawyer put his chances “within the realm of possibility.”
    Mr. Lindsay also claims that the eight young men who testified against Mr. Sandusky made allegations of sexual abuse only after being pressured by investigators or coached by therapists and attorneys, who later negotiated settlements for the men with Pennsylvania State University.

Under Pennsylvania law, courts can grant a new trial for “ineffectiveness of counsel” if a person who has been convicted can demonstrate a reasonable likelihood that their lawyer’s incompetence led to the verdict. Mr. Lindsay argues that Mr. Sandusky’s former lawyer, Joe Amendola, doomed the defense with a series of blunders.

Among them, according to Mr. Lindsay, was Mr. Amendola’s telling the jury in his opening statement that the evidence against his client was “overwhelming”; allowing Mr. Sandusky to be interviewed by Bob Costas on NBC with little or no preparation; and not calling Mr. Sandusky to testify after promising jury members they would hear from him.
    During the trial, prosecutors played the Costas interview, in which Mr. Sandusky hesitated before saying he wasn’t sexually attracted to boys, and they noted Mr. Sandusky didn’t testify at his own trial.
    Mr. Amendola didn’t respond to a request for comment. He has said he didn’t have enough time to prepare adequately for trial.

Jeffrey Johnson, a spokesman for the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General, which prosecuted the case under a prior administration, said the office stands by the trial’s outcome. “We feel strongly that Mr. Sandusky’s claims are without merit,” he said.
    Mr. Sandusky was convicted on 45 of 48 counts related to child sex abuse in June 2012. He is serving a 30-to-60-year sentence at a prison in western Pennsylvania. In 2014, the state Supreme Court declined to review a far more limited appeal by another attorney for Mr. Sandusky, who is 72.
    His claim of innocence continues to stir anger among victim advocates.
    “Every time this story is in the news and the facts of the case are questioned, it’s harmful to these young men who were incredibly brave and came forward,” said Jennifer Storm,Pennsylvania’s official victim advocate.

One of Mr. Lindsay’s arguments centers on the handling of an unidentified alleged victim that an assistant football coach said he saw being abused in a Penn State shower by Mr. Sandusky in 2001.
    Mr. Lindsay argues that the identity of the person referred to as Victim #2 at trial was known to both prosecutors and defense lawyers, and that Mr. Amendola made a serious error by not calling the young man to testify to refute the assistant coach, a key prosecution witness.
    He also argues that Mr. Amendola should have called for a mistrial when prosecutor Joe McGettigan said during his closing argument that the identity of the young man wasn’t known.

Mr. Amendola’s former co-counsel Karl Rominger said in an affidavit that he believes Mr. McGettigan lied about not knowing the alleged victim’s identity. “Everyone knew the identity of the second victim,” Mr. Rominger wrote.

Mr. McGettigan said in an interview that he still isn’t certain about the identity of Victim #2. “The statement I made in closing was accurate then and is accurate now,” he said.
    He added, “I have no doubt about Jerry Sandusky’s guilt and that he was the most prolific pedophile that I’ve encountered.”

It isn’t clear whether the judge will hear testimony on an allegation that the attorney general’s office leaked grand jury material in early 2011 to locate additional victims.

Mr. Lindsay has argued that the grand jury was then investigating abuse allegations by a single young man and that prosecutors considered the case weak. The leak resulted in a newspaper article and led investigators to more accusers, while creating a “lynch mob” mentality in Centre County, where Penn State is located, Mr. Lindsay alleged in a filing.

Write to Kris Maher at kris.maher@wsj.com