Search

hacheman@therx.com
Staff member
Tokens
NFL Week 2 line moves

Chad Millman
ESPN INSIDER
in.gif

It occurred to me as I was watching Andrew Siciliano on the Red Zone channel last Sunday. (Quick aside, someone get that guy a gig hosting the Emmys or Oscars or Webbys. He is so good on his feet and so smooth transitioning, with just the right clever quip to pull us behind the curtain. It's quite impressive).

Anyway, I had just watched the Minnesota Vikings, who I had picked as 4.5-point favorites over the Jacksonville Jaguars, give up a five-point lead with 27 seconds left on a Blaine Gabbert miracle pass. How much of a miracle? Well, it was a downfield pass thrown by Blaine Gabbert that had an actual arc and traveled more than five yards. But, even then, the 39-yard ball wobbled like an old man's under chin, spinning the receiver completely around, who made a falling grab as he hit the pylon.
Bad throw, bad coverage, bad beat. Or so I thought.

After the Jags converted the two-point attempt to go up by three, Christian Ponder needed only two passes and 10 seconds to get the Vikes into tying field goal range. And yes, if you are trying to enjoy your Sunday of football by relying on Christian Ponder over Blaine Gabbert (or Russell Wilson over John Skelton) then you, my friend, are a bona fide skel. Seriously re-evaluate. I know I did.
But that wasn't until later. Because after the Vikes tied it I heard the silky smooth Siciliano utter these timely words. (Truly, the man is in touch with his viewers). "Don't forget, the playoff OT rules from last season now apply to the regular season."

<offer style="font: 12px/16px verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">I vaguely remembered what they were, something about both teams getting a chance to win if it's a Sunday and a Kardashian is launching a perfume and the lines for the new iPhone extend from SoHo to Central America. So I looked them up on NFL.com to remind myself. Here they are:</offer>
<offer style="font: 12px/16px verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: 0px; white-space: normal; orphans: 2; widows: 2; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"></offer>
"Following a three-minute intermission after the end of the regulation game, play will be continued in 15-minute periods until a winner is declared. Each team must possess or have the opportunity to possess the ball unless the team that has the ball first scores a touchdown on its initial possession.
"Play continues in sudden death until a winner is determined, and the game automatically ends upon any score (by safety, field goal, or touchdown) or when a score is awarded by the Referee for a palpably unfair act. Each team has three time-outs per half and all general timing provisions apply as during a regular game. The try is not attempted if a touchdown is scored. Disqualified players are not allowed to return."

The way I read this was: If the Vikes score a touchdown in overtime, then I still win. Maybe it's me, but I thought this might be the story of the day. I went to Twitter and figured it would be blowing up with people talking about how the new rule is going to impact bettors and yet, nothing. It's like Siciliano was only talking to me. The Vikes received the opening kickoff. Adrian Peterson ran for 10 yards. Then he caught a pass for three and then he busted one up the middle for 20. Next play, Mister Christian hits his receiver for 17. Midway through the play I was thinking, Golly, they have an incentive to score a touchdown so the game ends. And I only need them to win by five. This is swell.
Of course, it didn't happen like that. They kicked a field goal, played D, Gabbert threw a wounded duck to no one to end the game and I lost.

But it did give me hope for the future. Over the years, there has been little in the gaming game that feels worse than when you have a short favorite, anywhere from minus-3.5 to minus-5.5, and the game goes into overtime. Unless you get that never-happens-to-me kickoff return or busted play for six, you might as well give your kid your ticket. It's worthless. But the new rules change all that. It's almost like, as the NFL fights against legalized gambling, it is always tweaking the rules to make the game more gambler friendly than ever (don't forget that it pushed back start times for Sunday's second games.)

As I watched the Vikes, I wondered how many times we were going to run into this potentially exciting new scenario this season. So I asked Jeff Gold, regular blog contributor, to help me with some research. The past 10 seasons, there have been just a little less than four games a year involving favorites of minus-3.5 to minus-5.5 that went into OT. Here's a chart breaking down the year-by-year numbers:

OT over the years

<table style="margin: 0px 7px 7px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; width: 562px; clear: both; font-size: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; border-collapse: separate; border-spacing: 1px; background-color: transparent;"><thead style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;"><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;"><th style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; text-align: left; color: rgb(119, 119, 119) !important; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(194, 194, 194); border-bottom-style: solid; background-image: none;" 214);?="" 214,="" rgb(214,="" no-repeat;="" repeat="" scroll;="" module_subheader_gradient.gif??);="" assets="" prod="" a2.espncdn.com="">Year</th><th style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; text-align: left; color: rgb(119, 119, 119) !important; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(194, 194, 194); border-bottom-style: solid; background-image: none;" 214);?="" 214,="" rgb(214,="" no-repeat;="" repeat="" scroll;="" module_subheader_gradient.gif??);="" assets="" prod="" a2.espncdn.com="">Team 1</th><th style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; text-align: left; color: rgb(119, 119, 119) !important; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(194, 194, 194); border-bottom-style: solid; background-image: none;" 214);?="" 214,="" rgb(214,="" no-repeat;="" repeat="" scroll;="" module_subheader_gradient.gif??);="" assets="" prod="" a2.espncdn.com="">Team 2</th><th style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; text-align: left; color: rgb(119, 119, 119) !important; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(194, 194, 194); border-bottom-style: solid; background-image: none;" 214);?="" 214,="" rgb(214,="" no-repeat;="" repeat="" scroll;="" module_subheader_gradient.gif??);="" assets="" prod="" a2.espncdn.com="">Spread</th><th style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; text-align: left; color: rgb(119, 119, 119) !important; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(194, 194, 194); border-bottom-style: solid; background-image: none;" 214);?="" 214,="" rgb(214,="" no-repeat;="" repeat="" scroll;="" module_subheader_gradient.gif??);="" assets="" prod="" a2.espncdn.com="">Final Score</th></tr></thead><tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;"><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">2011</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Denver</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Chicago</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Denver -3.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Denver 13-10</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Arizona</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Dallas</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Ari +4</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Arizona 19-13</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Denver</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">San Diego</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Denver +4.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Denver 16-13</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">2010</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Detroit</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Tampa Bay</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Detroit -3.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Detroit 23-20</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Dallas</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Indianapolis</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Indy -5.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Dallas 38-35</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Jets</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Browns</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Jets -3.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Jets 26-20</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">49ers</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Rams</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">SF -4.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">SF 23-20</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Jets</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Lions</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Lions +5.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Jets 23-20</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">2009</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">None</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">None</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">None</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">None</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">2008</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Bears</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Packers</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Bears -4</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Bears 20-17</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Panthers</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Giants</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Panthers +3.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Giants 34-28</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Atlanta</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Tampa Bay</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Buccaneers +5.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Falcons 13-10</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Green Bay</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Tennessee</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Titans +3.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Titans 19-16</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Dallas</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Arizona</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Cardinals +4.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Cardinals 30-24</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">2007</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Jets</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Chiefs</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Chiefs +4</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Jets 13-10</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Ravens</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Dolphins</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Ravens -3.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Dolphins 22-16</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Jets</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Redskins</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Jets +3.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Redskins 23-20</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">2006</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Cleveland</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Kansas City</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Chiefs +4.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Cleveland 31-28</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">2005</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Atlanta</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Tampa Bay</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Falcons +4</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">TB 27-24</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Houston</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">St. Louis</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Texans +3.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">St. Louis 33-27</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Seahawks</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Giants</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Seahawks -5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Seahawks 24-21</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">San Diego</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Washington</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Chargers -3.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">SD 23-17</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Pittsburgh</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Baltimore</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Ravens +3.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Balt 16-13</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">2004</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Jets</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Rams</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Jets -3.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Rams 32-29</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Bears</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Titans</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Titans -5.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Bears 19-17</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Lions</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Jags</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Jags -3.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Jags 23-17</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">49ers</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Cardinals</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Cards -4</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">49ers 31-28</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Texans</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Vikings</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Vikings -3.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Vikings 34-28</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">2003</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Texans</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Patriots</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Pats -5.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">NE 23-20</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Dolphins</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Ravens</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Dolphins -4.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Dolphins 9-6</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Panthers</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Colts</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Colts -4</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Panthers 23-20</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Colts</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Bucs</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Bucs -4.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Colts 38-35</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">2002</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Bears</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Lions</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Bears -5.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Bears 20-17</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Falcons</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Steelers</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Falcons -5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Tie 34-34</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Cowboys</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Cardinals</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Cardinals -3.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Cards 9-6</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Browns</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Titans</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Titans -4.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Browns 31-28</td></tr><tr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; font-size: 11px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;" class="last"><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Bills</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Vikings</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Vikings -3.5</td><td style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; margin: 0px; padding: 2px 7px; outline: 0px; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: baseline; border-bottom-color: rgb(214, 214, 214); border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Bills 45-39</td></tr></tbody></table>

Even though it won't happen often, I'll take hope over feeling like a dope any day. Siciliano knows what I'm talking about.
Meanwhile, there are plenty of games this weekend with short faves, including the Raiders-Fins, Eagles-Ravens and Saints-Panthers. I asked Bob Scucci, boss bookmaker for Boyd Gaming in Nevada, to break down the moves for every game on the board (except for the Titans-Chargers, which was being debated because of injury issues, and the MNF game). But he even did one better: He gave me the number he would post in a vacuum, what he calls the "objective number," as well as the spread he actually had up as of Wednesday night, which was shaded to draw some action.
Take a look.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New York Giants

Objective number: Giants minus-6.5
Real number: 7.5 (current number: 7)
Scucci says: "The Giants should be close to a TD favorite. The only reason they are 7.5 is because all public money will come in on them and the wiseguys have not taken anything back. They want it to get higher."

Arizona Cardinals at New England Patriots

Objective number: Patriots minus-13
Real number: 13.5 (current number: 13.5)
Scucci says: "The hook is because of how New England looked last week. The public was on them we and we know we will get Pats money this weekend."

Minnesota Vikings at Indianapolis Colts

Objective number: Pick 'em
Real number: Vikings minus-1 (current number: 1.5)
Scucci says: "Indy didn't look good and Minny got money last week. I expect money on them this week, but going from pick to one is not that big of a move."
New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers

Objective number: Saints minus-3
Real number: 3 (current number: 3)
Scucci says: "This is a solid three in my mind. Before last week's game with the Skins I would have thought we would have made the Saints more than a field goal, it would have been as much as four. Even on the road NO is going to get a ton of money but they shouldn't be more than FG fave. No one has touched it. I think wiseguys will take Carolina late."

Kansas City Chiefs at Buffalo Bills

Objective number: Bills minus-3
Scucci says: "I don't see any reason it would be anything other than this. Usually the difference between the objective number and the real number involves a popular team the public bets on that would sway one number from another. With this game, there is no reason to shade from the true number."

Baltimore Ravens at Philadelphia Eagles

Objective number: Eagles minus-3
Real number: 2.5 (current number: 2)
Scucci says: "Normally off of power rankings and ratings they are evenly matched, I think we shaded it down because we know we will get more Baltimore money than Philly money. I think we got some money on Baltimore so far, small plays from wiseguys but they weren't limit plays. We didn't adjust for the Ravens at all off the first week. They performed as we expected them too but Philly we probably would have seen as a 3.5 point favorite if they had not looked so bad against the Browns."

Oakland Raiders at Miami Dolphins

Objective number: pick 'em
Real number: Raiders -3 (current number: 2.5)
Scucci says: "With Miami being at home we can't make Oakland more than a FG fave. There was no money on Miami last week and no reason to believe there will be this week so we had to shade it Oakland's way. Truly it should be a pick 'em game. We are saying wiseguys come and get us we want some Miami money."

Cleveland Browns at Cincinnati Bengals

Objective number: Bengals minus-7
Real number: 7 (current number: 7)
Scucci says: "Two teams that might be the least bet game on the board, no reason to shade one way or the other."

Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars

Objective number: Texans minus-6.5
Real number: 7.5 (current number: 7)
Scucci says: "This is a lot of points for an NFL team on the road but with them looking so good we know the public is going to be on them so 7.5 is the number on the board. I would be shocked if wiseguys did not take Jax plus-7.5.

Dallas Cowboys at Seattle Seahawks

Objective number: Cowboys minus-3
Real number: 3.5 (current number: 3)
Scucci says: "The objective number would be closer to 2.5. Going into Seattle you wouldn't make a team like Dallas more than 3.5 but we know where the public money is going to come because of how Dallas looked at the Giants and this one might go higher. There is no public money coming in on Seattle. I hope the wiseguys bet Seattle."

Washington Redskins at St. Louis Rams

Objective number: Redskins minus-3
Scucci says: "I won't shade either way."

New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers

Objective number: Steelers minus-5.5
Real number: 6 (current number: 5)
Scucci says: "Six is a lot of points for what should be a low-scoring game. Even though the Jets won, the Steelers will get all the money in a home game off of a loss. So we are just shading the home favorite here. I wouldn't be surprised if wiseguys saw value on the Jets. I am surprised wiseguys haven't hit this. I want Jets money because we will have so much Pittsburgh money by Sunday. We are trying to get Jets money from sharp guys."

Detroit Lions at San Francisco 49ers

Objective number: Niners minus-6
Real number: 7 (current number: 6.5)
Scucci says: "I would expect a close game here and I would surely expect wiseguys to see value. We will need Detroit no matter what public money will come in at a 3-1 ratio on San Francisco. We will be fighting for our lungs here."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billcunninghamhomeloans
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com