If anyone has a worse beat than this, I'd love to hear it

Search

Tokens
I had Hamilton to win the HR Title at 22-1 and 15-1 (bet them in May before he tore it up). Had Granderson at 20-1 (ran up to the window that day he hit 3 in one day).
I had no clue they would take the futures off the board so early in the season.
Lesson learned!

So let's see, Hamilton had a 9 homer lead at one point. Missed some games here and there, as expected. Takes two months off to fuck around--hits like 4 homers each in June and July, then down the stretch when they need him the most, he misses five games with dried up corneas from drinking too much caffeine??? All this in a contract year.

Let's see, then Granderson gets pinch hit for during a monster inning about ten minutes ago. He had a chance to tie Cabrera in his last regular season AB. Oh by the way, I had Stanton at 25-1, who missed 40 games but still wound up hitting a staggering 37 homers. If that kid could have just stayed on the damn field for 145 games or so, may have had it. Too bad the books didn't give me a chance to hedge after the AS Break. The Stanton bet would have paid $16K, the Hamilton bet would have paid $10K and Granderson $8K.

I've lost a big parlay on a hail Mary pass right before half time (Bears vs KC last season), but this feels much worse. Like I said, lesson learned. The hard way, as usual.

Bulldog Mentality
Tokens
sounds like karma

Tokens
The Stanton one you had was the roughest one because he CLEARLY had a homerun title if he didn't miss so many goddamn games, a lot of which for lingering pussy shit that he'd probably normally play through if Miami didn't fall out of contention so suddenly and quickly.

As for worst beat of the season.... I didn't see the words "Mike Nickeas" and "grand slam" in your message, which gives me title of worst bad beat of the season :)

If you don't remember this particular infamous game on a June Saturday afternoon, let's just say whoever had the UNDER like I did in this Clayton Richard vs Johan Santana matchup got absolutely robbed in the bottom of the eighth with two outs when the game was 4-0 Mets, and right before Santana was getting up to bat (This was his CG shutout that was a game or two before his no-hitter) with the bases loaded, third-string catcher Mike Nickeas, who ended up hitting 19-for-109 this year (.174 AVG, which I guess is on pace with his career .180 mark), somehow clocked a grand-slam off then-hot closer Dale Thayer (The worst part might have been that this came RIGHT AFTER a slight on-field delay involving a Ronny Cedeno injury running out a Nickeas foul ball on the pitch before. Without that fluke injury on a foul ball, Thayer doesn't throw the next pitch down the middle; he was obviously taken out of his rhythm)... it was Nickeas' only home-run of the year, not to mention second career one in three seasons... had he gotten ANY KIND OF OTHER HIT (Or, you know, simply gotten out like he does seemingly 90-percent of the time), the under still would have been good, as Santana inevitably got out after him before finishing his CG shutout. There is absolutely no way Mike Nickeas will ever hit another grand slam, let alone probably another home run, for the rest of his career, if it even continues much longer. Aside from that, like I said, if it wasn't for a fluke on-field delay in the middle of the at-bat, he wouldn't have gotten a pitch down the middle in that instance either.

Tokens
zombie i sympathsize with you! had hamilton $15 to win 465 and granderson $15 to win 545! if josh doesnt miss those 6 games 2 wks ago with that sinus or caffeine thing worse we do is tie! feeling your pain bro!

Tokens
The Stanton one you had was the roughest one because he CLEARLY had a homerun title if he didn't miss so many goddamn games, a lot of which for lingering pussy shit that he'd probably normally play through if Miami didn't fall out of contention so suddenly and quickly.

As for worst beat of the season.... I didn't see the words "Mike Nickeas" and "grand slam" in your message, which gives me title of worst bad beat of the season :)

If you don't remember this particular infamous game on a June Saturday afternoon, let's just say whoever had the UNDER like I did in this Clayton Richard vs Johan Santana matchup got absolutely robbed in the bottom of the eighth with two outs when the game was 4-0 Mets, and right before Santana was getting up to bat (This was his CG shutout that was a game or two before his no-hitter) with the bases loaded, third-string catcher Mike Nickeas, who ended up hitting 19-for-109 this year (.174 AVG, which I guess is on pace with his career .180 mark), somehow clocked a grand-slam off then-hot closer Dale Thayer (The worst part might have been that this came RIGHT AFTER a slight on-field delay involving a Ronny Cedeno injury running out a Nickeas foul ball on the pitch before. Without that fluke injury on a foul ball, Thayer doesn't throw the next pitch down the middle; he was obviously taken out of his rhythm)... it was Nickeas' only home-run of the year, not to mention second career one in three seasons... had he gotten ANY KIND OF OTHER HIT (Or, you know, simply gotten out like he does seemingly 90-percent of the time), the under still would have been good, as Santana inevitably got out after him before finishing his CG shutout. There is absolutely no way Mike Nickeas will ever hit another grand slam, let alone probably another home run, for the rest of his career, if it even continues much longer. Aside from that, like I said, if it wasn't for a fluke on-field delay in the middle of the at-bat, he wouldn't have gotten a pitch down the middle in that instance either.

Wow, forgot to mention what might have been the worst part of this bad beat... later that night, MLB Network did an interesting piece on Citi Field and how they moved the fences forward a bit... here's the kicker: They showed, in highlighted form, how Nickeas' ball would NOT HAVE BEEN A HOME RUN IN 2011, as evident with their graphics. They showed where the wall was in 2011, and highlighted that the ball would have been a fly-out on the warning track, while in 2012, it barely just got over! $320 swing for me because of that.

Tokens
Wow, forgot to mention what might have been the worst part of this bad beat... later that night, MLB Network did an interesting piece on Citi Field and how they moved the fences forward a bit... here's the kicker: They showed, in highlighted form, how Nickeas' ball would NOT HAVE BEEN A HOME RUN IN 2011, as evident with their graphics. They showed where the wall was in 2011, and highlighted that the ball would have been a fly-out on the warning track, while in 2012, it barely just got over! $320 swing for me because of that.

OUCH! That is without a doubt an awful beat, my friend. Very annoying to lose like that. Once we recover from these losses (and they pile up over the years), they make very interesting tales to tell over a beer or five. Thanks for sharing that story.

Tokens
zombie i sympathsize with you! had hamilton $15 to win 465 and granderson $15 to win 545! if josh doesnt miss those 6 games 2 wks ago with that sinus or caffeine thing worse we do is tie! feeling your pain bro!

Thanks, Koocher. I mean they couldn't hit ONE MORE HOMER!!???? A tie still would give Cabrera his triple crown and they wouldn't have had to feel like jerks for ruining it.

It does make me think that once everyone realized what was going on--triple crown very doable--Hamilton, Granderson, etc. "gifted" the HR Title to Cabrera a la Favre gifting Strahan that single season sack record. I promised myself I would never do these silly HR futures again, since I can't hedge late in the season, but if they tempt us with Stanton at 10-1 or so, I may consider it. Like a revenge bet. We shall see. Much appreciated, Koocher.

Tokens

Absolutely agreed, Cat. After the surgery, he was roaring back and got within 6 I think. Then he got wussified.

Dogfather
Tokens
Make it a point to check Stanton's odds for most Home Runs for 2013 The linemakers may base the odds on Stanton hitting 37 Home Runs this year but don't take into consideration the number of games he missed this year.

If you think there is no way his HR odds for next season are based on the number of games played/missed this year, let me tell you how I won 10,000 a three years ago with Ron Howard. I noticed he hit only 22 Home Runs the year before, which is what I think the odds makers based his odds on, he was 40-1. The mistake the odds makers made was to not consider when Ron Howard was promoted to the Phillies from AAA in mid July. He hit 22 Home Runs in just a little over 2 and a half months. When I saw he was 40-1 I figured he would have hit over 40 Home Runs had he spent the full season with the Phillies. The guys who had over 40 Home Runs the year before had odds ranging from 6-1 to 12 to 1. And here's Ron Howard who had about thee same number of at bats per homerun as the other guys and he is at 40 -1. I played $250 at 40 to 1 for a ten dime payout. This year I liked what the A's pitchers were doing in spring training and all I needed was for the A's to beat out three teams to win the West. I only bet $80 at 50 to 1 and my balance just went up by $4,000 Too years ago I had a $100 future on San DIego to win the NL West at 50-1. With three games left with San Francisco all they had to do was win just one game to win the Division. Count that as another bad beat. But I can't really complain, after winning on Ron Howard and the Oakland A's, 2 of the past 4 years. It will take a lot of bad beats to lose those winnings back.

The moral of this story is to take a good look at Stanton's odds for most Home Runs next season. If they are about the same as the players who hit around 35 Home Runs there is your play with a good chance to make up for what he did this year. You won't get 40-1 like Ron Howard did because he only had 22 Home Runs, but I could see Stanton getting between 15 and 20 to one, instead of 6 to 12 to one had he played more game.

As for Zombies asking if anyone had a worse beat than he did. I had a three team NFL parley last Sunday for $200 which would have paid over $ 1400. The first two hit, leaving just Green Bay minus 2.5. Giving Seattle a touchdown and also missing the offensive pass interference, well that's my worst beat in a long time. Except for San Diego losing all 3 games to the Giants to end the season two years ago.

Good luck playing Stanton next year. Remind me, I think I'll be on him too.

Tokens
I had Hamilton to win the HR Title at 22-1 and 15-1 (bet them in May before he tore it up). Had Granderson at 20-1 (ran up to the window that day he hit 3 in one day).
I had no clue they would take the futures off the board so early in the season.
Lesson learned!

So let's see, Hamilton had a 9 homer lead at one point. Missed some games here and there, as expected. Takes two months off to fuck around--hits like 4 homers each in June and July, then down the stretch when they need him the most, he misses five games with dried up corneas from drinking too much caffeine??? All this in a contract year.

Let's see, then Granderson gets pinch hit for during a monster inning about ten minutes ago. He had a chance to tie Cabrera in his last regular season AB. Oh by the way, I had Stanton at 25-1, who missed 40 games but still wound up hitting a staggering 37 homers. If that kid could have just stayed on the damn field for 145 games or so, may have had it. Too bad the books didn't give me a chance to hedge after the AS Break. The Stanton bet would have paid $16K, the Hamilton bet would have paid $10K and Granderson $8K.

I've lost a big parlay on a hail Mary pass right before half time (Bears vs KC last season), but this feels much worse. Like I said, lesson learned. The hard way, as usual.
Had to be awful. I've lost some big payouts in pools because of nonsense like that, but not that much money involved. But what was the lesson learned? Never gamble?? What did you learn. What I'd learn from your experience is that I really picked it well, got unlucky, so I'll keep trying. I'm not being facetious, trust me. What did you learn?

Tokens
Had to be awful. I've lost some big payouts in pools because of nonsense like that, but not that much money involved. But what was the lesson learned? Never gamble?? What did you learn. What I'd learn from your experience is that I really picked it well, got unlucky, so I'll keep trying. I'm not being facetious, trust me. What did you learn?

Thanks, DT Mad. I'm more of a futures player than an individual games guy, because there's a chance to hedge (usually all season long). I had no idea they take the HR Futures off the board at AS break. That's just too early in the season to get a good opp to hedge bets. A lot of HR hitters don't get going until after the break. I'll keep playing futures, but I'm gonna limit the amounts on the HR Future from here on out. I was hoping to use the HR money to hedge my NL Futures.

Tokens
I had Napoli Over 24.5 homeruns.
He missed about a month and a half and ended up with 24.

Tokens
Make it a point to check Stanton's odds for most Home Runs for 2013 The linemakers may base the odds on Stanton hitting 37 Home Runs this year but don't take into consideration the number of games he missed this year.

If you think there is no way his HR odds for next season are based on the number of games played/missed this year, let me tell you how I won 10,000 a three years ago with Ron Howard. I noticed he hit only 22 Home Runs the year before, which is what I think the odds makers based his odds on, he was 40-1. The mistake the odds makers made was to not consider when Ron Howard was promoted to the Phillies from AAA in mid July. He hit 22 Home Runs in just a little over 2 and a half months. When I saw he was 40-1 I figured he would have hit over 40 Home Runs had he spent the full season with the Phillies. The guys who had over 40 Home Runs the year before had odds ranging from 6-1 to 12 to 1. And here's Ron Howard who had about thee same number of at bats per homerun as the other guys and he is at 40 -1. I played $250 at 40 to 1 for a ten dime payout. This year I liked what the A's pitchers were doing in spring training and all I needed was for the A's to beat out three teams to win the West. I only bet $80 at 50 to 1 and my balance just went up by $4,000 Too years ago I had a $100 future on San DIego to win the NL West at 50-1. With three games left with San Francisco all they had to do was win just one game to win the Division. Count that as another bad beat. But I can't really complain, after winning on Ron Howard and the Oakland A's, 2 of the past 4 years. It will take a lot of bad beats to lose those winnings back.

The moral of this story is to take a good look at Stanton's odds for most Home Runs next season. If they are about the same as the players who hit around 35 Home Runs there is your play with a good chance to make up for what he did this year. You won't get 40-1 like Ron Howard did because he only had 22 Home Runs, but I could see Stanton getting between 15 and 20 to one, instead of 6 to 12 to one had he played more game.

As for Zombies asking if anyone had a worse beat than he did. I had a three team NFL parley last Sunday for $200 which would have paid over $ 1400. The first two hit, leaving just Green Bay minus 2.5. Giving Seattle a touchdown and also missing the offensive pass interference, well that's my worst beat in a long time. Except for San Diego losing all 3 games to the Giants to end the season two years ago.

Good luck playing Stanton next year. Remind me, I think I'll be on him too.

Great stuff, Sandman. Not the horrible GB beat--very sorry to hear about that. That's just a brutal way to lose a huge parlay. Your ticket could be a collector's item one day. That SD beat was bad too--sorry about that, but you definitely made up for those easily. Congrats on the A's hit. That's very impressive. They tempted me all season, but I just couldn't bring myself to bet them. Well done on that.
Thanks for the info about the HR Futures.
Congrats on that Howard hit. That's an absolute monster hit. That's exactly what I'm aiming for with these HR Futures. The LVH had the HR list already up on January 2nd. I'll be waiting there at 7am until the book opens ready for the fresh odds. I'll let you know ASAP what they are. I'll try to control myself, but if you're correct and the odds are 15 or higher on Stanton, I may lose it again. That would just be too tempting for me. He's already had the knee surgery this season, so hopefully that won't be an issue next year. If we could just get 545 ABs out of him, that may be enough. Thanks for sharing your stories, Sandman. Much appreciated.

Tokens
I had Napoli Over 24.5 homeruns.
He missed about a month and a half and ended up with 24.

It's amazing how accurate these O/U numbers are sometimes (makes you wonder). That's a tough loss, Maris. We both just needed one more stinkin' homer to get paid.

Tokens
I had one but was in college basketball last year. It was the big east tourney. Forget exactly what team I had but all they had to do was inbound the pass. The jerkoff throws it out of bounds then makes a nonsense foul that puts them to the line. Misses the first but makes the last to miss cover by a half. Ugh wish I could remember exactly which two teams played that day. Not to mention the guy missed a dunk and a break away lay up leading up to that point.

Tokens
Thanks, DT Mad. I'm more of a futures player than an individual games guy, because there's a chance to hedge (usually all season long). I had no idea they take the HR Futures off the board at AS break. That's just too early in the season to get a good opp to hedge bets. A lot of HR hitters don't get going until after the break. I'll keep playing futures, but I'm gonna limit the amounts on the HR Future from here on out. I was hoping to use the HR money to hedge my NL Futures.
Gotcha. Didn't catch the part about them taking the hedge possibility off at the break. Good luck.

Tokens
My sympathies GZ...2004 NYY vs S.D., I had the under 9 or 9.5 for a chunk, check the box score below, you just have to shake your head and move on...BOL with your future wagers...

San Diego001 000 100 003–5122New York000 000 002 004–6122

Tokens
I had one but was in college basketball last year. It was the big east tourney. Forget exactly what team I had but all they had to do was inbound the pass. The jerkoff throws it out of bounds then makes a nonsense foul that puts them to the line. Misses the first but makes the last to miss cover by a half. Ugh wish I could remember exactly which two teams played that day. Not to mention the guy missed a dunk and a break away lay up leading up to that point.

Oddly enough, I think I remember someone in the RX Forum discussing that awful beat last season. Can't remember who it was, but it does stand out. Tough beat indeed.

Tokens
My sympathies GZ...2004 NYY vs S.D., I had the under 9 or 9.5 for a chunk, check the box score below, you just have to shake your head and move on...BOL with your future wagers...

San Diego001 000 100 003–5122New York000 000 002 004–6122

Thanks, Cordial. Much appreciated. That is yet another awful, awful beat. Sailing until the 9th. Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billcunninghamhomeloans
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com