Scumbag Romeny flip flops AGAIN on abortion, whatta shocker!

Search

Tokens
http://www.examiner.com/article/two-faced-liar-romney-flip-flops-on-abortion-again

Mitt Romney’s latest Etch-A-Sketch moment arrived yesterday, when Romney told the Des Moines Register that despite past promises to attempt to overturn Roe v. Wafe, his agenda actually does not include plans to try to restrict abortion through legislative action.

Romney’s exact quote was: “There's no legislation with regards to abortion that I'm familiar with that would become part of my agenda.”

Considering that Romney’s running mate, Paul Ryan, has introduced several bills seeking to restrict abortion, Romney’s sudden abortion flip flop forced his campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul to contradict her boss and reassure the conservative National Review that Romney “would of course support legislation aimed at providing greater protections for life.”

Huh? So who should voters believe – Mitt Romney or Mitt Romney’s campaign? At this rate, Romney will be in support of gay marriage by this time next week.

The Obama campaign quickly criticized Romney’s stunning abortion flip-flop as yet another example of why the American people cannot trust the slippery Republican candidate.

Breaking News: MikeB not running for president
Tokens
Huh? So who should voters believe – Mitt Romney or Mitt Romney’s campaign? At this rate, Romney will be in support of gay marriage by this time next week.

The Obama campaign quickly criticized Romney’s stunning abortion flip-flop as yet another example of why the American people cannot trust the slippery Republican candidate.

didn't Obama just recently came out in support of gay marriage after being against it?

Handicapper
Tokens
This is the kind of flip-flop that don't bother me. You have to be able to read between the lines.

Handicapper
Tokens

Tokens
This is the kind of flip-flop that don't bother me. You have to be able to read between the lines.

Reading between the lines can cause "misunderstandings." So, you're saying that your party is a bunch of morons who publicly state that a woman who is raped by her father and gets pregnant is just SOL, but when you get in, you're not REALLY gonna enforce that?

No reading between the lines necessary necessary on the sound of crickets from you on the following:
Yes Romney made a mistake making the 47% comment only because people like you took it way out of context.
And yes I did address the POTUS tax question in my response.
Read it again maybe you will catch it the 2nd time around.

If it was "way out of context," why, then, is he saying he was completely wrong? Not, "not elegantly stated," or "off the cuff(funny, for most people that expression means frank and honest, but, apparently not to HIM), but COMPLETELY WRONG. Why would he do that, if was merely "way out of context?" If it was just "people like me" who did so, why several Repubs who are currently running for election disavow those comments? I'd be VERY interested to hear your explanation of that.

Why don't you point out the EXACT sentence where you addressed the tax issue? The way I see it, these are the facts, and they are NOT in dispute:

1) He said if you paid one dollar more than legally required, you are not qualified to be POTUS.

2) He failed to take a one million, five hundred thousand dollar tax deduction that he was entitled to, this after stating he never paid less than appx. 14% in the last 20 years. Had he taken the deduction(which he can still take after he gets his ass kicked), that would've made his rate less than 10%. So...

Is he unqualified to be POTUS? Or is he liar? THAT'S the question that I seem to have overlooked you answering.

Tokens
Fucking donkey that started this thread can't even spell the (next) President's name.

What a douche bag.

Tokens
You don't REALLY wanna Flip Flop comparison when Williard is in your corner, do you?
when I heard that I immediately thought to myself, it's like when Obama changed his mind about gay marriage. It's about getting votes. Both guys do it. Am I wrong?

Handicapper
Tokens
I'm on an iPad right nowNot going to get into a long discussion on this device.
When I get to a computer I will be more then happy to get into a long debate with you.

Just remind me

Tokens
The stupidity of someone bitching about flip-flopping when they suck Obama's cock every day.

Tokens
when I heard that I immediately thought to myself, it's like when Obama changed his mind about gay marriage. It's about getting votes. Both guys do it. Am I wrong?

Virtually all politicians flip flop at some point, but if you haven't noticed that Williard is miles ahead of every other politician in the history of politics, then you haven't been paying attention.

Tokens
President Flip Flop: Barack Obama’s Broken Promises, Policy Reversals and Continuous Flip Flops

Posted by Allen Ginzburg in Blog, Featured, Politics on April 16, 2012 9:15 am / 20 comments

President Obama’s reelection campaign has accused Mitt Romney of being a flip-flopper that changes his positions all the time. In actuality, it is the President himself who has a history of doing just that. Here is an extensive list ofn President Obama’s flip-flops, hypocrisies and broken promises:
Running for President

The very first flip-flop that Obama committed since running for President is actually running for the office in 2008. Obama said in 2004 that he would not run for President in the next election. Based on what has happened in the last 3 years, this is one promise that most Americans would likely prefer he had kept.
Taxes & Spending

Adding Debt & Raising the Debt Ceiling

As a Senator, Obama opposed raising the debt ceiling, and said adding 4 trillion in was ”unpatriotic”. As President, he insisted the debt ceiling be raised and has added substantially more than 4 trillion to the debt.
Bush Tax Cuts

In 2008, Obama said that, as President, he would repeal the Bush tax cuts for the rich. In 2010, he extended those cuts.
Capital Gains Taxes

In 2008, Obama said that, as President, he would raise taxes on capital gains and dividends for higher-income taxpayers. He has not done so.
Raising Taxes

In 2008, Obama pledged that, ”no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes. My opponent can’t make that pledge.” However, he has raised taxes on tanning, cigarettes, and those who do not purchase health insurance (regardless of income).
Senior Income Tax

In 2008, Obama said that, as president, he would ”eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year”. He has not done so.
PAYGO

Shortlyafter entering office, Obama signed PAYGO legislation which demanded that all expenditures be paid for unless they are part of an emergency. Democrats in Congress started using the loophole to bypass the legislation almost immediately. Obama touted that a previous extension of unemployment benefits was fully paid for, but later blasted Republicans for not continuing to extend those benefits without paying for them.
Spending Freezes

In 2008, Obama derided spending freezes as ”using a hatchet where you need a scalpel” and ”unfair burden-sharing”. He said that, although it’s ”proposed periodically”, a spending freeze ”doesn’t happen”. In 2010, Obama announced support for a three-year federal spending freeze on discretionary spending not related to national security.
Earmarks

In 2008, Obama’s campaign said that, as President, he would reduce earmarks ”to less than $7.8 billion a year, the level they were at before 1994″. Earmarks for fiscal year 2010 were more than $15 billion.
Competitive Bidding on Earmarks

In 2008, Obama said that, as President, he would ”ensure that federal contracts over $25,000 are competitively bid”. He has not done so.
Tax Credits for Child Care

In 2008, Obama said that, as president, he would increase the tax credits for child care and dependent care, and make such credits refundable. He has not done so.
Killing NASA Program

“In August 2008, Senator Obama announced, as The Washington Post noted, “a detailed comprehensive space plan that includes $2 billion in new funding to reinvigorate NASA”.
But, as The Washington Post reported in March 2010, President Obama later shattered the dreams of the NASA community with a decision “to kill NASA’s Constellation program, crafted during the Bush administration with an ambitious goal of putting astronauts back on the moon by 2020.”
Foreign Policy

Iraq Timetable

Obama promised to end the war in Iraq and bring the all the troops home in 2009. He later changed his tune to say the withdrawal depends on conditions on the grounds and troops remained in Iraq past 2009.
Iraq Surge

Obama originally opposed the Iraq surge and claimed that extra troops would not do anything to quell sectarian violence. However, after the surge was clearly successful, Obama suggested that everyone knew the surge would decrease violence in Iraq.
Military Action without Congressional Approval

“President Obama has shown a striking lack of consistency with regard to the question of Congressional authorisation and the use of force. In a 2007 interview with The Boston Globe, then Senator Obama declared:
“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation. In instances of self-defense, the President would be within his constitutional authority to act before advising Congress or seeking its consent. History has shown us time and again, however, that military action is most successful when it is authorized and supported by the Legislative branch. It is always preferable to have the informed consent of Congress prior to any military action.”
However, as President in March 2011, Barack Obama authorized military action against the Libyan regime without consulting Congress, a decision which drew heavy fire on Capitol Hill.”
Dropping Missile Defenses in Poland to appease Russia

“In his Prague speech in April 2009, President Obama pledged to move forward with the Bush-era plans for Third Site missile defences in Poland and the Czech Republic…
Just six months later however, the Obama administration surrendered to Russian demands, and dramatically dropped plans for Third Site.”
There has been speculation that Obama’s recent Hot-Mic comments to Russia’s president about flexibility after the election signal further concessions in this area.
Israel

While giving a speech in front of the Pro-Israel group AIPAC in 2008, Obama proclaimed that Jerusalem must remain the undivided capital of Israel. However, a few days later his advisers were clarifying that he no longer believes that and the division of Jerusalem is actually an issue to be addressed in negotiations.
Obama repeated the same strategy in 2012 when he promised to “have Israel’s back” on Iran in his 2012 AIPAC speech and backtracked a few days later.
Letting Sudan off the hook for the Darfur genocide

In 2004, Senator Obama was a prominent supporter of a “humanitarian intervention” to halt state-sponsored mass killing in Darfur, declaring in a speech that ‘we cannot, in good conscience, stand by and let the genocide continue.’ He advocated tough UN sanctions against the brutal regime of Omar Hassan al-Bashir, which “should freeze the assets of the Sudanese government, its leaders and business affiliates; outlaw arms sales and transfers to Sudan; and prohibit the purchase of Chinese oil.”
However, as president, Obama dramatically changed his tune, extending the hand of friendship to Bashir, despite the fact the Sudanese government and its proxy Janjaweed Arab militias had butchered hundreds of thousands of people”.
Abandoning Mubarak in Egypt after calling him a “stalwart ally”

Big picture foreign policy strategy has not been a forté of this administration, as demonstrated by its inconsistent policy on Egypt and the Middle East. In an interview with the BBC’s Justin Webb in June 2009, when asked if he viewed President Mubarak as an authoritarian ruler, President Obama declared:
No, I tend not to use labels for folks. I haven’t met him; I’ve spoken to him on the phone. He has been a stalwart ally, in many respects, to the United States. He has sustained peace with Israel, which is a very difficult thing to do in that region, but he has never resorted to unnecessary demagoguing of the issue and has tried to maintain that relationship. So I think he has been a force for stability and good in the region.
20 months later, the White House emphatically called for Mubarak to go”.
Cuba Embargo

Obama opposed the embargo in 2004, but later supported it when speaking in front of a Cuban audience during his run for president. It is still in place today.
Recognizing Armenian Genocide

In 2008, Obama said he would recognize the Armenian Genocide once he is president. He has not done so.
Meeting with Iran Without Preconditions

Obama tried to distance himself from the position that he would meet with Iran without preconditions during the 2008 campaign by claiming there would be “preparations”, before returning to his original position.
Iran Threat

Obama has never had a consistent position on Iran, but one particular shift over a two day period in 2008 is the greatest example of Obama’s waffling on the issue. On one day Obama suggested that Iran does not “pose a serious threat to us”, but the very next day he was describing Iran as a “grave threat”.
Designating Revolutionary Guard as a Terrorist Group

In September 2007, Obama voted against the Kyl-Lieberman bill which would designate the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps as a terrorist organization. Obama attacked Hillary Clinton for voting for the bill, but later claimed that he supported labeling the Iran Revolutionary Guard Corps a terrorist organization. Obama explained his vote against the bill using a variety of different reasons at different times.
NAFTA

During the 2008 campaign Obama was very critical of NAFTA, but later referred to his own rhetoric as “overheated and amplified.”
Meeting with Chavez

While running for office, Obama stated that he would meet with Hugo Chavez and discuss his support for FARC on one day and then said governments supporting FARC should be isolated the next.
Annual “State of the World” Address

In 2008, Obama said that, as president, he would ”give an annual State of the World address to the American people in which I lay out our national security policy”. He has never given any such address.
Promised to Improve America’s Image

A key foreign policy theme of the Obama presidential election campaign was the notion that President Bush had damaged America’s image on the world stage, with his supposedly ‘cowboy’ policies. In the words of a campaign document, “Barack Obama and Joe Biden will restore America’s standing in the world by providing a new American leadership to meet the challenges of a new century”.
As President, however, Obama has done exactly the opposite, insulting key allies such as Great Britain, Israel and Poland, projecting weak leadership, and undermining the standing of the United States as the world’s only superpower. As I’ve noted before:
“No American president in modern times has invested less effort in maintaining US alliances than Barack Obama. Whether it is siding with Marxists in Honduras against pro-American forces, condemning Israel, throwing the Poles and Czechs under the bus, or trashing the Anglo-American Special Relationship, the Obama administration has gone out of its way to kick its allies in the teeth while kowtowing to America’s enemies. For a president who boasted in his election campaign of restoring America’s “standing” in the world, Obama has done a spectacularly bad job of preserving friendships with Washington’s closest friends.”
Energy

Gas Prices

Obama, along with many other leading Democrats, blamed George W. Bush for high gas prices when he was President. Yet now that prices have reached near record highs under his administration, Obama is claiming that he has no control of those prices. Furthermore, Obama has previously said he supports a gradual shift to higher gas prices, but now laughs off the claim that he is rooting for higher prices to reduce dependency.
Cap and Trade

In 2008, Obama said that, as president, he would “set a hard cap on all carbon emissions at a level that scientists say is necessary to curbglobal warming– an 80% reduction by 2050″. No cap and trade legislation has been passed.
Selling Oil from Strategic Reserve

In July 2007, Obama rejected selling oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, which he said should be “reserved for a genuine emergency.” A month later, Obama said, “We should sell 70 million barrels of oil from our Strategic Petroleum Reserve for less expensive crude, which in the past has loweredgas priceswithin two weeks”, even though gas prices were higher in July 2007 than in August 2007.
Keystone XL

Obama touted the possibility of a pipeline during his 2008 campaign, but rejected rapid approval of the Keystone XL pipeline this year.
Nuclear Power

Obama told a group of Democratic Governors in June of 2008 that he was open to expanding nuclear power after having previously opposed it.
Immigration & Healthcare

Immigration Reform

In 2008, Obama said that, as President, he would introduce comprehensive immigration reform legislation in his first year. He did not. He has now made the same promise for the first year of his second term.
Health Care Mandate

Obama was against the individual mandate before it became a central part of his signature legislation.
Single Payer Health Care

In 2003, as an Illinois state senator, Obama said, ”I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer universal health care program.” In 2009, Obama said, ”I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter.”
Keeping Your Insurance

Leading up to the passage of Obamacare, Obama promised Americans that they would be able to keep their current insurance plan if they like it. Further analysis by the CBO has revealed that Obamacare would cause many seniors to have their Medicare Advantage coverage cut in half and millions to be dropped from their employer-provided insurance.
Cost of Obamacare

Obama promised that he would “not sign [a healthcare bill] if it adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period.” Yet, a new analysis determines that his bill will add quite a bit to future deficits.
Insuring All Americans

Obama outlined three goals for his health care legislation. Lowering the cost curve and insuring all Americans were two of the three. It has now been determined that Obamacare will add to the deficit and 25 million Americans will remain uninsured.
Reconciliation

In 2010, Obama signed into law health care reform that was passed via reconciliation, contrary to his 2007 insistence that health care reform should not be passed by a bare ”50 plus one majority”, and his 2005 rejection of the ‘nuclear option’ in the Senate.
Televising Healthcare Negotiations

In 2008, Obama said, when it came to crafting health care reform, ”we’ll have the negotiations televised on C-SPAN.” Many crucial negotiations pertaining to health care reform were not televised.
Taxing Health Benefits

In 2008, Obama criticized his presidential opponent, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), saying, ”for the first time in American history, he wants to tax your health benefits.” In 2010, Obama signed into law health care reform legislation that puts a 40% tax on some health insurance policies.
Importing Cheaper Drugs

In 2008, Obama said that, as President, his health care reform would allow Americans to import cheaper prescription drugs. The health care reform he signed into law does not allow this.
Cracking Down on Employers of Illegal Immigrants

Obama opposed cracking down on employers of illegal immigrants before running for President, but supported it during his run.
Defense

Closing Guantanamo

In 2008, Obama’s campaign said that, as president, he would ”close the detention facility at Guantanamo.” And, in January 2009, Obama signed an executive order calling for the Guantanamo Bay facility to be closed. It remains open.
Military tribunals for terror suspects

In the 2008 campaign, Obama said that, as president, he would end the use of military commissions with respect to terrorism suspects and detainees. However, they are still in use.
Rendition of Terror Suspects

“In a 2007 Foreign Affairs article, Senator Obama gave a strong indication that he would end the Bush administration practice of rendition of terror suspects:
“To build a better, freer world, we must first behave in ways that reflect the decency and aspirations of the American people… This means ending the practices of shipping away prisoners in the dead of night to be tortured in far-off countries, of detaining thousands without charge or trial, of maintaining a network of secret prisons to jail people beyond the reach of the law.”
But, as The New York Times reported in August 2009, the Obama administration’s Interrogation and Transfer Task Force announced that it would retain renditions, but with what The Times referred to as “more oversight.’”
Photos of Detainee Abuse

In April 2009, the Obama administration said it planned to release photos depicting abuse of detainees being held by the U.S. overseas. The administration then reversed its decision, and said it would resist court rulings demanding the release of such photos.
Patriot Act

Obama said he would repeal the Patriot Act in a 2003 questionnaire, but later voted to renew it in the Senate.
FISA

In 2007, Obama pleased liberal advocates by promising to filibuster any bill that gave amnesty to telecommunication companies that were assisting authorities with wiretapping activities. Obama voted for a bill that did just that in July of 2008.
Killing Osama Bin Laden

Obama highlighted the importance of killing Osama Bin Laden while running for president and after OBL was killed in Pakistan, but made the claim that it was no longer “essential” when he first got into office.
Other

Public Financing

Obama promised to seek public financing for his presidential campaign in 2008, but ended up rejecting public financing.
2008 Debates

In May 2008, Obama said he would meet McCain ”anywhere, anytime to have a debate about our respective policies in Iraq, Iran, the Middle East or around the world”. But he rejected town hall debates proposed by the McCain campaign.
Voting Along Party Lines

In 2010, Obama decried Senate candidate Scott Brown’s (R-MA) record of voting with Republicans 96% of the time, saying it showed Brown was not ”independent.” When he himself was in the Senate, Obama voted with Democrats 96% of the time.
Minimum Wage

In 2008, Obama said that, as president, he would raise the minimum wage to $9.50 an hour, up from the current $7.25 an hour. It has not been raised.
Civility

After the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) and several others (six people were killed), Obama said, ”at a time when we are far too eager to lay the blame for all that ails the world at the feet of those who happen to think differently than we do — it’s important for us to pause for a moment and make sure that we’re talking with each other in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds”. Yet Obama has frequently described Republicans as Social Darwinists. He has said that the difference between Democrats and Republicans is that Democrats ”have a sense of neighborliness and a sense of community, and we are willing to look out for one another and help people who are vulnerable and help people who are down on their luck”.

In his book, The Audacity of Hope”, Obama lamented the description of abortion opponents as”right-wing ideologues who want to take away a woman’s right to choose”. Obama said the”standard boilerplate” rhetoric had been written — not by himself — but by someone on his U.S. Senate campaign staff, and he had the ”offending words” removed from his website. In recent months, however, Obama has described Republican opponents of abortion as seeking to ”turn back the clock”, ”prevent millions of women from getting basic health care that they desperately need”, and ”stirring up fights over a woman’s right to make her own health care choices”.

Despite advocating civility and civil debate, Obama has appointed Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL) to chair the DNC, even though she has frequently resorted to name-calling (e.g., here, here,here, here, and here). Rather than chastising her for her incivility, Obama has praised her.

After James “Jimmy” Hoffa, Jr., launched this invective at the Tea Party – ”President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let’s take these son of a bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong” – during an event at which Obama was about to speak, the Obama administration refused to denounce Hoffa’s offensive (and violent) rhetoric, saying they would not act as the ”speech police”. Days later, Obama’s presidential campaign launched AttackWatch.com, a website dedicated to policing the speech of Republicans and denouncing them when they say unfair things about Obama.”
Questioning Patriotism

In 2008, Obama said, ”I will never question the patriotism of others in this campaign. And I will not stand idly by when I hear others question mine. [...] Patriotism can never be defined as loyalty to any particular leader, or government, or policy.” However, in that same year, he called the Bush administration’s decision to raise the debt ceiling ”unpatriotic”. [Obama] has accused Republicans of putting party before country, and he has stood idly by as others in his party — e.g., Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-CA) — have said Republicans are ”not patriotic.’”
Presidential Commissions

In 2008, Obama derided presidential commissions as ”Washington-speak” for ”we’ll get back to you later.” In 2010, he appointed the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform to look for solutions to the debt crisis. The commission did not have the votes to submit their plan to Congress, and Obama has not championed their proposals.
Furthermore, in 2008, Obama said that, as president, he would create a national commission to look at whether programs such as Social Security Disability Insurance, Supplementary Security Income, Medicare and Medicaid create an incentive for people to not work. He has yet to do so.
Public Posting of Bills Before Passage

In 2008, Obama’s campaign said that, as president, he would ”not sign any nonemergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House Web site for five days”. He has since signed non-emergency bills without the five-day public review period.
White House Fleet

In 2008, Obama said that, as president, he would convert the White House fleet of cars to plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles. He has not done so.
Gay Marriage

Obama’s position on this issue is constantly changing. President Obama openly opposed gay marriage during the 2008 election. Obama also supported states deciding the issue at that point. However, later on Obama opposed California’s ban on gay marriage and has said his views on the issue are “evolving.”
Super PACs

Obama opposed use and coordination of Super PAC’s following the Citizens United decisions, but recently changed course and signaled approval of Super PAC’s that are supporting his re-election effort.
D.C. Handgun Ban

Obama supported the D.C. hand gun ban before agreeing with the Supreme Court decision that it “went beyond constitutional limits.”
School Voucher Program

Barack Obama suggested he would support a D.C. voucher program before opposing it and eventually cutting funding to it.
Decriminalizing Marijuana

Obama told students in 2004 he supported decriminalizing marijuana usage, but opposed it during his run for president. He has yet to take significant steps to decriminalize marijuana as President.
Union Support

“In January [2008], the Obama campaign described union contributions to the campaigns of Clinton and John Edwards as ‘special interest’ money. Obama changed his tune as he began gathering his own union endorsements. Since gaining his own union support, Obama refers respectfully to unions as the representatives of ‘working people’ and says he is ‘thrilled’ by their support.”
Abortion

Obama disagreed with the Supreme Court decision upholding a ban on partial birth abortion and had a 100% NARAL rating in 2006, 2007 and 2008, but while being interviewed by a Christian magazine Obama said that “mental distress” should not count as a “health of the mother” exception to a ban.
Wearing a U.S. Flag Pin

Obama refused to wear a flag pin during the 2008 primaries because he considered them a substitute for “true patriotism”, but he started wearing it again once the primaries were over.
Welfare Reform

Obama called Bill Clinton’s 1996 Welfare Reform legislation “disturbing” at the time it was passed, but he celebrated the reforms and what they resulted in once running for president.
Jeremiah Wright

When videos of the controversial remarks of Obama’s long time pastor and mentor, Reverand Jeremiah Wright, first appeared, the President said he can no more disown Wright than his white grandmother. Once it became even clearer that Wright was an extreme individual, Obama did disown and disassociate himself from Wright.
Accepting Donations from Lobbyists

Obama had a campaign pledge to not accept political contributions from lobbyists, yet Obama accepted money from registered airline lobbyist Ron Klein.
No Lobbyists

President Obama promised and made a campaign issue of not have a revolving door of lobbyists joining and leaving his administration, but has consistently violated this pledge by providing waivers to circumvent this promise.

Tokens
Virtually all politicians flip flop at some point, but if you haven't noticed that Williard is miles ahead of every other politician in the history of politics, then you haven't been paying attention.
I will say that it depends on what party you belong to. If you are a Democrat, you will remember the flip flops by the other guy and if you are a Republican, you will remember the flip flops of the democrats guy. If you are an independent, you will think that they both flip flop the same.

Tokens
Promise Broken rulings on the The Obameter

Increase the capital gains and dividends taxes for higher-income taxpayers

Increase capital gains and dividends taxes from 15 to 20 percent for those making more than $250,000 (couples) or $200,000 (single)
>> More

Expand the child and dependent care credit

Expand and make refundable the child and dependent care credit.
>> More

Create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners

Create a $10 billion fund to help homeowners refinance or sell their homes. "The Fund will not help speculators, people who bought vacation homes or people who falsely represented their incomes."
>> More

Provide option for a pre-filled-out tax form

Will direct the Internal Revenue Service to "give taxpayers the option of a pre-filled tax form to verify, sign and return to the IRS or online. This will eliminate the need for Americans to hire expensive tax preparers and to gather information that the federal government already has on file."
>> More

Create a mortgage interest tax credit for non-itemizers

Create a refundable tax credit equal to 10 percent of mortgage interest for nonitemizers, up to a maximum credit of $800.
>> More

Require automatic enrollment in 401(k) plans

Automatic enrollment in 401(k) plans for workers whose employers offer retirement plans.
>> More

Require automatic enrollment in IRA plans

Require employers who do not offer retirement plans to offer their workers access to automatic IRAs and contribute via payroll deduction.
>> More

Create a retirement savings tax credit for low incomes

A tax credit for retirement savings up to $500 (couples) or $250 (singles). Phases out when incomes exceed $65,000 (couples) or $32,500 (single). Indexed for inflation.
>> More

End income tax for seniors making less than $50,000

"Will eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year. This will eliminate taxes for 7 million seniors -- saving them an average of $1,400 a year-- and will also mean that 27 million seniors will not need to file an income tax return at all."
>> More

End no-bid contracts above $25,000

"Will ensure that federal contracts over $25,000 are competitively bid."
>> More

Create a $60 billion bank to fund roads and bridges

"Will address the infrastructure challenge by creating a National Infrastructure Reinvestment Bank to expand and enhance, not supplant, existing federal transportation investments. This independent entity will be directed to invest in our nation's most challenging transportation infrastructure needs. The Bank will receive an infusion of federal money, $60 billion over 10 years, to provide financing to transportation infrastructure projects across the nation. These projects will create up to two million new direct and indirect jobs and stimulate approximately $35 billion per year in new economic activity."
>> More

Repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes

Repeal the Bush tax cuts for those making more than $250,000 (couples) or $200,000 (single)
>> More

Phase out exemptions and deductions for higher earners

Restore the phaseouts of personal exemptions and itemized deductions for those making more than $250,000 (couples) or $200,000 (single), with threshholds indexed for inflation.
>> More

Sign the Employee Free Choice Act, making it easier for workers to unionize

"Obama is a cosponsor and strong advocate of the Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA), a bipartisan effort to make the unionization process more transparent and increase penalties on companies that violate employee rights. He will sign EFCA into law as president."
>> More

Lift the payroll tax cap on earnings above $250,000

"Barack Obama believes that the first place to look to strengthen Social Security is the payroll tax system. Obama believes that one strong option is increasing the maximum amount of earnings covered by Social Security by lifting the payroll tax cap on only earnings above $250,000."
>> More

Forbid companies in bankruptcy from giving executives bonuses

"Protect the jobs and benefits of workers and retirees when corporations file for bankruptcy by telling companies that they cannot issue bonuses for executives during bankruptcy while their workers watch their pensions disappear."
>> More

Allow workers to claim more in unpaid wages and benefits in bankruptcy court

"Increase the amount of unpaid wages and benefits workers can claim in bankruptcy court against their employer."
>> More

Allow imported prescription drugs

"Allow Americans to buy their medicines from other developed countries if the drugs are safe and prices are lower outside the U.S."
>> More

Prevent drug companies from blocking generic drugs

"Prevent drug companies from blocking generic drugs from consumers."
>> More

Allow Medicare to negotiate for cheaper drug prices

"Allow Medicare to negotiate for cheaper drug prices."
>> More

Page 1 of 5 next

Tokens

Appoint federal-level coordinator to oversee all federal autism efforts

"They will appoint a Federal ASD Coordinator to oversee federal ASD research and federal efforts to improve awareness of ASD and improve the training of medical professionals to identify and treat ASD. By establishing one top-level point person to coordinate ASD efforts in the White House, they will ensure that ASD receives the recognition and priority it deserves in the federal government. The Federal ASD Coordinator will also be tasked with eliminating bureaucratic obstacles that may be delaying implementation of important ASD measures and ensuring that all federal ASD dollars are being spent in a manner that prioritizes results. The Coordinator will work with state task forces on ASD to ensure effective communication and collaboration among federal, state, and local agencies."
>> More

Double federal funding for cancer research

"Will double federal funding for cancer research within 5 years, focusing on NIH (National Institutes of Health) and NCI (National Cancer Institute)."
>> More

Direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to conduct a comprehensive study of federal cancer initiatives

"As president, Barack Obama will immediately direct his Secretary of Health and Human Services, in collaboration with agency officials, academic researchers, cancer survivors and advocates for people with cancer, and state public health officials, to comprehensively examine the various cancer-related efforts of federal agencies, and provide recommendations to eliminate barriers to effective coordination across federal agencies and between the federal government and other stakeholders."
>> More

Provide the CDC $50 million in new funding to determine the most effective approaches for cancer patient care

"Will provide the CDC $50 million in new funding to determine the most effective approaches that assist not only navigation of cancer patients through diagnosis and treatment processes, but also provide easy-to-understand information on the necessary follow-up steps to ensure continued lifelong health."
>> More

Fully fund the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)

"Barack Obama has been a strong and consistent advocate for fully funding the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Congress promised to shoulder 40 percent of each state's "excess cost" of educating children with disabilities, but it has never lived up to this obligation. Currently, the federal government provides less than half of the promised funding (17 percent)."
>> More

Create a National Commission on People with Disabilities, Employment, and Social Security

Create a national commission charged with "examining and proposing solutions to work disincentives in the SSDI, SSI, Medicare, and Medicaid," among other things.
>> More

Change federal rules so small businesses owned by people with disabilities can get preferential treatment for federal contracts.

"Barack Obama and Joe Biden would direct the Small Business Administration to amend regulations under the Small Business Act that provide preferences in federal contracting to small businesses owned by members of socially and economically disadvantaged groups to include individuals with disabilities."
>> More

Reduce the threshhold for the Family and Medical Leave Act from companies with 50 employees to companies with 25 employees

"The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provides eligible employees of larger employers (i.e., 50 or more employees) with 12 weeks of unpaid leave to care for a family member's or their own serious health condition. Barack Obama and Joe Biden will guarantee that millions more workers have access to FMLA leave by reducing the threshold for which employers are covered from companies with 50 or more employees to those with 25 or more."
>> More

Provide a $1.5 billion fund to help states launch programs for paid family and medical leave

"As president, Barack Obama and Joe Biden will initiate a 50-state strategy to encourage all of the states to adopt paid-leave systems (as part of the Family and Medical Leave Act). Barack Obama and Joe Biden will provide a $1.5 billion fund to assist states with start-up costs and to help states offset the costs for employees and employers. Obama's Department of Labor will also provide technical information to the states on how to craft paid-leave programs consistent with their local needs."
>> More

Require employers to provide seven paid sick days per year

"Require that employers provide seven paid sick days per year – which may be taken on an hourly basis – so that Americans with disabilities can take the time off they need without fear of losing their jobs or a paycheck."
>> More

Expand the Family Medical Leave Act to include leave for domestic violence or sexual assault

"Expand the purposes for which leave can be taken under the Family Medical Leave Act to include reasons related to domestic violence or sexual assault."
>> More

Form international group to help Iraq refugees

"Will form an international working group to address" the problem of "more than five million Iraqis (who) are refugees or are displaced inside their own country."
>> More

Work with Russia to move nuclear weapons off hair-trigger alert

"The United States and Russia have thousands of nuclear weapons on hair-trigger alert. Barack Obama believes that we should take our nuclear weapons off hair-trigger alert -- something that George W. Bush promised to do when he was campaigning for president in 2000. Maintaining this Cold War stance today is unnecessary and increases the risk of an accidental or unauthorized nuclear launch. As president, Obama will work with Russia to find common ground and bring significantly more weapons off hair-trigger alert."
>> More

Close the Guantanamo Bay Detention Center

"As president, Barack Obama will close the detention facility at Guantanamo."
>> More

Develop an alternative to President Bush's Military Commissions Act on handling detainees

"He will reject the Military Commissions Act, which allowed the U.S. to circumvent Geneva Conventions in the handling of detainees. He will develop a fair and thorough process based on the Uniform Code of Military Justice to distinguish between those prisoners who should be prosecuted for their crimes, those who can't be prosecuted but who can be held in a manner consistent with the laws of war, and those who should be released or transferred to their home countries."
>> More

Strengthen the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and double its budget in the next four years

"The IAEA is understaffed and underresourced at a time when demand for its expertise are growing. Barack Obama and Joe Biden will seek to ensure that the Agency gets the authority, information, people, and technology it needs to do its job. They will work to double the IAEA budget in the next four years (increasing the U.S. annual share to about $225 million). They will press countries to adopt the "Additional Protocol," -- which grants the IAEA the right to conduct more intrusive inspections, including at undeclared facilities — and seek agreement among members of the Nuclear Suppliers Group not to transfer nuclear technology to NPT countries that have not adopted the Additional Protocol. They will work to gain agreement on effective global standards for nuclear safety and security. And they will call for establishing IAEA verification procedures that go beyond the Additional Protocol to strengthen the agency's ability to detect clandestine facilities and activities."
>> More

Secure ratification of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT)

"The United States has maintained a moratorium on testing since 1992. It signed the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) in 1996, but it has not been ratified yet. Since the U.S. Senate last considered the treaty in 1999, significant progress has been made in our verification capability to detect nuclear explosions, even at extremely low yields, and to ensure confidence in the reliability of our nuclear stockpile without nuclear testing."
>> More

Seek to negotiate a political agreement on Cyprus

"As president, Barack Obama will show U.S. leadership in seeking to negotiate a political settlement on Cyprus. He believes strongly that Cyprus should remain a single, sovereign country in which each of the two communities on the island is able to exercise substantial political authority within a bi-zonal, bi-communal federation."
>> More

Reinstate special envoy for the Americas

"In the past, American presidents have filled the position of special envoy to bring senior-level attention to hemispheric matters that might otherwise get buried in the normal diplomatic process. Unfortunately, the position was eliminated after the post was vacated in June of 2004. As president Barack Obama will reinstate the position."
>> More

Double the Peace Corps

"Barack Obama will double the Peace Corps to 16,000 by its 50th anniversary in 2011 and push Congress to fully fund this expansion, with a focus on Latin America and the Caribbean."
>> More

previous Page 2 of 5 next

Tokens

Seek independent watchdog agency to investigate congressional ethics violations

"Will use the power of the presidency to fight for an independent watchdog agency to oversee the investigation of congressional ethics violations so that the public can be assured that ethics complaints will be investigated."
>> More

Create a public "Contracts and Influence" database

"Will create a 'contracts and influence' database that will disclose how much federal contractors spend on lobbying, and what contracts they are getting and how well they complete them."
>> More

Expose Special Interest Tax Breaks to Public Scrutiny

"Will ensure that any tax breaks for corporate recipients — or tax earmarks — are also publicly available on the Internet in an easily searchable format."
>> More

Allow five days of public comment before signing bills

To reduce bills rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them, Obama "will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days."
>> More

Tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists and former officials

"No political appointees in an Obama-Biden administration will be permitted to work on regulations or contracts directly and substantially related to their prior employer for two years. And no political appointee will be able to lobby the executive branch after leaving government service during the remainder of the administration."
>> More

Double funding for Federal Charter School Program and require more accountability

"Will double funding for the Federal Charter School Program to support the creation of more successful charter schools. An Obama-Biden administration will provide this expanded charter school funding only to states that improve accountability for charter schools, allow for interventions in struggling charter schools and have a clear process for closing down chronically underperforming charter schools. An Obama-Biden administration will also prioritize supporting states that help the most successful charter schools to expand to serve more students."
>> More

Double funding for afterschool programs

"Will double funding for the main federal support for afterschool programs, the 21st Century Learning Centers program, to serve one million more children."
>> More

Expand the Employment Non-Discrimination Act to include sexual orientation and gender identity

Will "place the weight of (his) administration behind...a fully inclusive Employment Non-Discrimination Act to outlaw workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity."
>> More

Urge states to treat same-sex couples with full equality in their family and adoption laws

As president, "will use the bully pulpit to urge states to treat same-sex couples with full equality in their family and adoption laws."
>> More

Support repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)

Will support "repeal (of) the Defense of Marriage Act and enact legislation that would ensure that the 1,100+ federal legal rights and benefits currently provided on the basis of marital status are extended to same-sex couples in civil unions and other legally-recognized unions."
>> More

Sign the Deceptive Practices and Voter Intimidation Prevention Act into law

"Will sign the Deceptive Practices and Voter Intimidation Prevention Act into law and charge the Voting Rights Section with vigorously enforcing that law and the provisions of the Voting Rights Act. The act will will enable investigations into deceptive and fraudulent practices. It establishes significant, harsh penalties for those who have engaged in fraud, and it provides voters who have been misinformed with accurate and full information so they can vote."
>> More

Allow bankruptcy judges to modify terms of a home mortgage

Will repeal provisions of the Chapter 13 law that prohibit bankruptcy judges from modifying the original terms of home mortgages for ordinary families -- regardless of whether the loan was predatory or unfair or is otherwise unaffordable -- "so that ordinary families can also get relief that bankruptcy laws were intended to provide."
>> More

Increase the minimum wage to $9.50 an hour

"Will further raise the minimum wage to $9.50 an hour by 2011, index it to inflation and increase the Earned Income Tax Credit to make sure that full-time workers can earn a living wage that allows them to raise their families and pay for basic needs such as food, transportation, and housing."
>> More

Restore Superfund program so that polluters pay for clean-ups

"Will restore the strength of the Superfund program by requiring polluters to pay for the cleanup of contaminated sites they created."
>> More

Support tax deduction for artists

Will "ensure tax fairness for artists" by supporting the Artist-Museum Partnership Act, introduced by Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt. "The Act amends the Internal Revenue Code to allow artists to deduct the fair market value of their work, rather than just the costs of the materials, when they make charitable contributions."
>> More

Re-establish the National Aeronautics and Space Council

Will re-establish an organizational authority in the federal government with a sufficiently broad mandate to oversee a comprehensive and integrated strategy and policy dealing with all aspects of the government's space-related programs, including those being managed by NASA, the Department of Defense, the National Reconnaissance Office, the Commerce Department, the Transportation Department, and other federal agencies. This Council reporting to the president "will oversee and coordinate civilian, military, commercial and national security space activities. It will solicit public participation, engage the international community, and work toward a 21st century vision of space that constantly pushes the envelope on new technologies as it pursues a balanced national portfolio that expands our reach into the heavens and improves life here on Earth."
>> More

Support human mission to moon by 2020

Will "endorse the goal of sending human missions to the Moon by 2020, as a precursor in an orderly progression to missions to more distant destinations, including Mars."
>> More

Pay for the national service plan without increasing the deficit

"Will maintain fiscal responsibility and prevent any increase in the deficit by offsetting cuts and revenue sources in other parts of the government (to pay for a national service plan that will cost about $3.5 billion per year when it is fully implemented). This plan will be paid for in part by cancelling tax provisions that would otherwise help multinational corporations pay less in U.S. taxes starting in 2008 by reallocating tax deductions for interest expenses between income earned in the U.S. and income earned abroad. The rest of the plan will be funded using a small portion of the savings associated with ending the war in Iraq."
>> More

Reduce the number of middle managers in the federal workforce

"Barack Obama will thin the ranks of Washington middle managers, freeing up resources both for deficit reduction and for increasing the number of frontline workers."
>> More

Strengthen the Age Discrimination in Employment Act

"Obama will fight job discrimination for aging employees by strengthening the Age Discrimination in Employment Act and empowering the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to prevent all forms of discrimination."
>> More

previous Page 3 of 5 next

Tokens

Limit term of director of national intelligence

"Will insulate the Director of National Intelligence from political pressure by giving the DNI a fixed term, like the Chairman of the Federal Reserve. Obama and Biden will seek consistency and integrity at the top of our intelligence community -- not just a political ally."
>> More

Give annual "State of the World" address

"I'll give an annual 'State of the World' address to the American people in which I lay out our national security policy."
>> More

Reduce earmarks to 1994 levels

"Barack Obama is committed to returning earmarks to less than $7.8 billion a year, the level they were at before 1994."
>> More

Work to ban the permanent replacement of striking workers

"He will work to ban the permanent replacement of striking workers, so workers can stand up for themselves without worrying about losing their livelihoods."
>> More

Establish a low carbon fuel standard

"Will establish a National Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) to speed the introduction of low-carbon non-petroleum fuels. The standard requires fuels suppliers in 2010 to begin to reduce the carbon of their fuel by 5 percent within 5 years and 10 percent within 10 years. The Obama-Biden plan will incentivize increased private sector investment in advanced low-carbon fuels and has a sustainability provision to ensure that increased biofuels production does not come at the expense of environmental conservation. The LCFS is an important mechanism in ensuring that our efforts to reduce our oil dependence also reduce carbon emissions."
>> More

Enact windfall profits tax for oil companies

"Will require oil companies to take a reasonable share of their record-breaking windfall profits and use it to provide direct relief worth $500 for an individual and $1,000 for a married couple. The relief would be delivered as quickly as possible to help families cope with the rising price of gasoline, food and other necessities. The rebates would be fully paid for with five years of a windfall profits tax on record oil company profits."
>> More

Create cap and trade system with interim goals to reduce global warming

"Will set a hard cap on all carbon emissions at a level that scientists say is necessary to curb global warming - an 80% reduction by 2050. To ensure this isn't just talk, I will also commit to interim targets toward this goal in 2020, 2030, and 2040. These reductions will start immediately, and we'll continue to follow the recommendations of top scientists to ensure that our targets are strong enough to meet the challenge we face."
>> More

Use revenue from cap and trade to support clean energy and environmental restoration

"A small portion of the receipts generated by auctioning [cap and trade] allowances ($15 billion per year) will be used to support the development of clean energy, invest in energy efficiency improvements, and help develop the next generation of biofuels and clean energy vehicles – measures that will help the economy and help meet the emissions reduction targets. It will also be used to provide new funding to state and federal land and wildlife managers to restore habitat, create wildlife migration corridors, and assist fish and wildlife to adapt to the effects of a warming climate. All remaining receipts will be used for rebates and other transition relief to ensure that families and communities are not adversely impacted by the transition to a new energy, low carbon economy."
>> More

Require plug-in fleet at the White House

"Within one year of becoming President, the entire White House fleet will be converted to plug-ins as security permits."
>> More

Require new federal fleet purchases to be half plug-in hybrids or electric vehicles

"Half of all cars purchased by the federal government will be plug-in hybrids or all-electric by 2012."
>> More

Require more flex-fuel cars for the federal government

"Government should lead the way here. I showed up at this event in a government vehicle that does not have a flexible-fuel tank. When I'm president, I will make sure that every vehicle purchased by the federal government does."
>> More

Mandate flexible fuel vehicles by 2012

"Will work with Congress and auto companies to ensure that all new vehicles have flexible fuel (FFV) capability . . . by the end of his first term in office."
>> More

Double federal program to help "reverse" commuters who go from city to suburbs

"Will double the federal Jobs Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) program to ensure that additional federal public transportation dollars flow to the highest-need communities and that urban planning initiatives take this aspect of transportation policy into account. JARC funds have been used to connect low-income workers around the country with job opportunities."
>> More

Require energy conservation in use of transportation dollars

"Will require governors and local leaders in our metropolitan areas to make energy conservation a required part of their planning for the expenditure of federal transportation funds."
>> More

Provide an annual report on "state of our energy future"

"I will report to the American people every year on the State of our Energy Future."
>> More

Devote federal resources to promote cellulosic ethanol

"Will invest federal resources, including tax incentives, cash prizes and government contracts into developing the most promising technologies with the goal of getting the first two billion gallons of cellulosic ethanol into the system by 2013."
>> More

Sign the Freedom of Choice Act

"Throughout my career, I've been a consistent and strong supporter of reproductive justice, and have consistently had a 100% pro-choice rating with Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice America. ... And I will continue to defend this right by passing the Freedom of Choice Act as president."
>> More

Allow penalty-free hardship withdrawals from retirement accounts in 2008 and 2009

"Obama and Biden are calling for legislation that would allow withdrawals of 15% up to $10,000 from retirement accounts without penalty (although subject to the normal taxes). This would apply to withdrawals in 2008 (including retroactively) and 2009."
>> More

Give the White House's Privacy and Civil Liberties Board subpoena power

"Strengthen the Privacy and Civil Liberties Board with subpoena powers and reporting responsibilities."
>> More

Recognize the Armenian genocide

"Two years ago, I criticized the Secretary of State for the firing of U.S. Ambassador to Armenia, John Evans, after he properly used the term 'genocide' to describe Turkey's slaughter of thousands of Armenians starting in 1915. … as President I will recognize the Armenian Genocide."
>> More

previous Page 4 of 5 next

Tokens

No family making less than $250,000 will see "any form of tax increase."

"I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."
>> More

Negotiate health care reform in public sessions televised on C-SPAN

To achieve health care reform, "I'm going to have all the negotiations around a big table. We'll have doctors and nurses and hospital administrators. Insurance companies, drug companies -- they'll get a seat at the table, they just won't be able to buy every chair. But what we will do is, we'll have the negotiations televised on C-SPAN, so that people can see who is making arguments on behalf of their constituents, and who are making arguments on behalf of the drug companies or the insurance companies. And so, that approach, I think is what is going to allow people to stay involved in this process."
>> More

Create a public option health plan for a new National Health Insurance Exchange.

"The exchange will require that all the plans offered are at least as generous as the new public plan and meet the same standards for quality and efficiency."
>> More

Cut the cost of a typical family's health insurance premium by up to $2,500 a year

"I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family's premium by up to $2,500 a year."
>> More

Bring Democrats and Republicans together to pass an agenda

Obama and Joe Biden will "turn the page on the ugly partisanship in Washington, so we can bring Democrats and Republicans together to pass an agenda that works for the American people."
>> More

Introduce a comprehensive immigration bill in the first year

"I cannot guarantee that it is going to be in the first 100 days. But what I can guarantee is that we will have in the first year an immigration bill that I strongly support and that I'm promoting. And I want to move that forward as quickly as possible."
>> More

previous Page 5 of 5

Tokens
hey Duuuuuh Finch, Is that enough Obama flip flops for you, or should I keep going?

You stupid fuck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faisalaftab
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com