Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: How to win in Sports Betting. Advice from a local

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bookie report, what about 1st/2nd half bets?

Dice, Sports & Cocktails powerz's Avatar
    Everytime I think about buying points I stop meyself & play the other side and win about 75% of the time. Too bad I only consider buying points 1% of the time

RX Junior
    Thanks for the great advice! I always make it a point to check your posts. Great info!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyshivers View Post
    Yeah agreed, if you sell a whole point off a flat number you usually get plus money and only risk going from a win to a push or a push to a loss. If your smart by doing things like avoiding big key numbers and using games where the total is higher (indicating higher expected final score volatility) you can really make a difference.

I know 5dimes is good about letting you sell points with a reasonable return, but I haven't really had much luck finding any other ones that offer a good return (looking at you, Heritage). Anyone have any others they like to sell points with?
    I can definitely second this about 5dimes. It really nice if you think the Giants-Cardinals were going to go UNDER 6 for a price like +135. Not too shabby at all in my opinion!

BR - appreciate the great advice. Keep on winning!

Thanks BR!

Yes, I agree. Need to feel good about ML dogs. Worth it if you hit it

RX Member
    If you know what you are doing, you can kill playing teasers in the NFL. I play teasers every week in the NFL and I think I have lost 1 all year. You have to be smart about it though.

If you don't know what you are doing, then I agree with not playing teasers. If you do not know what you are doing, it is an easy way to bury yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by pensfan1919 View Post
    If you know what you are doing, you can kill playing teasers in the NFL. I play teasers every week in the NFL and I think I have lost 1 all year. You have to be smart about it though.

If you don't know what you are doing, then I agree with not playing teasers. If you do not know what you are doing, it is an easy way to bury yourself.
    I am not saying you can't win but out of several hundreds guys I know that play teasers not 1 wins consistently

Quote Originally Posted by varkeyboy View Post
    I can definitely second this about 5dimes. It really nice if you think the Giants-Cardinals were going to go UNDER 6 for a price like +135. Not too shabby at all in my opinion!

BR - appreciate the great advice. Keep on winning!
    5dimes is a great book for dog players especially so if you are following my Needs 5dimes and SIA are the best

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    Bookie report, what about 1st/2nd half bets?
    1st and 2nd half bets are fine...there are some important systems you should adhere to win with 2nd half betting...here's one of them...be careful trying to middle. normally books don't like getting middled for example lets say you played florida -3.5 against south carolina and at halftime the score is 20-10 and line is florida -3...I would never play florida in this spot for the 2nd half but if I did it would be because I know florida is going to blow out sc because most likely sc wont win by 3 because if they do...books would get middled. Get my point?

Quote Originally Posted by bookiereport View Post
    5dimes is a great book for dog players especially so if you are following my Needs 5dimes and SIA are the best
    SIA is the biggest square book out there. Thanks for sharing BR. Great thread, great info.

Quote Originally Posted by GFX View Post
    Could you share your thoughts on when to play underdog MLs?
    this is an interesting question because most of my guys who play ML...they play the ML faves which is dumb...playing ML faves is definitely a losing proposition over time. In NFL I would ALWAYS play the Spread and never play the dog on the ML because the spread comes into play a lot in the NFL and the lines are tighter. However with CFB I do believe playing ML dogs is the way to go especially if the line is low like 6 or less...better odds than playing the spread and with so many games the lines are looser.

Quote Originally Posted by Locked & Loaded View Post
    SIA is the biggest square book out there. Thanks for sharing BR. Great thread, great info.
    Bovada is another good one for playing dogs...it is just like BODOG used to be before it got shut down

Bovada is another good one for playing dogs
    100% correct

Could ASU possibly be a *5 tonite?

Quote Originally Posted by Locked & Loaded View Post
    Could ASU possibly be a *5 tonite?
    doubtful

I read a lot of times that the "Sharp" money just came on a game and changed the line. How can you tell when this is going to happen, is it usually just before kickoff? On the same subject........if you're on the wrong side of that play is it smart to whatdya' call it? bet against yourself to just lose the juice?

doubtful
    Thanks again.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by pensfan1919 View Post

Foolish thought

there is no way to know when wiseguys will move a line...when you see a line jump 2-4 points it is wiseguy money...the smaller line moves like 4.5 to 5 or 5.5 are you usually public money...Sharps money means nothing to be honest...you cant win in this game by just playing line moves...RAS and Dr Bob can move lines like 5 points sometimes because they have so many followers that once there play is released books go ahead and move the line in anticipation of the action to give the players a bad line...I think you have more success going against big line moves than betting with them

RX Senior
    Here are the best and easiest two rules to profit at sports betting. They are very simple and will never change.

1. Don't ever do it........but,......since most red-blooded American males are going to have a little something on the line on autumn Saturdays and Sundays, simply follow rule #2.

2. BE A BOOKIE.

RX Senior
    there is no way to know when wiseguys will move a line...when you see a line jump 2-4 points it is wiseguy money...the smaller line moves like 4.5 to 5 or 5.5 are you usually public money...Sharps money means nothing to be honest...you cant win in this game by just playing line moves...RAS and Dr Bob can move lines like 5 points sometimes because they have so many followers that once there play is released books go ahead and move the line in anticipation of the action to give the players a bad line...I think you have more success going against big line moves than betting with them
    SO TRUE. You will lose over time trying to piggy-back "sharp" moves. There are so many false oves nowadays, disguised to look like a big move and then the real side always comes back with a vengeance. the Rice Houston game this year comes to mind. someone in here posted something about working behind a counter at a VEgas sports book and having a "large player" come in heavy on Rice. (Which may or not have been true, however, the line dropped quickly.) Almost immediately after dropping a couple points, the "real side" came in and started betting theor balls off with two hands and pounded Houston. Houston of course rolled and everyone that thought they were getting some "inside information" got crushed. At least they didn't have to suffer though, as the game was pretty much a blowout from jumpstreet. Point being....if you're not in the room with Billy Walters or you don't have him or some of the other true "sharps" on your speed dial, then you don't TRULY know when a move is designed to fool the public and simply get themselves a better number. If you think that many of these groupd don't have people monitoring sites like these, you are sorely mistaken as well. They do. Information is a two way street. It's a market, and just like the real stock market, it is most easily and readily manipulated by the largest money.

Quote Originally Posted by alkimyst View Post
    SO TRUE. You will lose over time trying to piggy-back "sharp" moves. There are so many false oves nowadays, disguised to look like a big move and then the real side always comes back with a vengeance. the Rice Houston game this year comes to mind. someone in here posted something about working behind a counter at a VEgas sports book and having a "large player" come in heavy on Rice. (Which may or not have been true, however, the line dropped quickly.) Almost immediately after dropping a couple points, the "real side" came in and started betting theor balls off with two hands and pounded Houston. Houston of course rolled and everyone that thought they were getting some "inside information" got crushed. At least they didn't have to suffer though, as the game was pretty much a blowout from jumpstreet. Point being....if you're not in the room with Billy Walters or you don't have him or some of the other true "sharps" on your speed dial, then you don't TRULY know when a move is designed to fool the public and simply get themselves a better number. If you think that many of these groupd don't have people monitoring sites like these, you are sorely mistaken as well. They do. Information is a two way street. It's a market, and just like the real stock market, it is most easily and readily manipulated by the largest money.
    exactly

Thanks BR for the helpful info. Thank you all for the advice and input on games, the rx rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard123 View Post
    Thanks BR for the helpful info. Thank you all for the advice and input on games, the rx rocks.
    BEST cappers forum of all time!!!