Forum: Political Forum - Spirited Political comedy. All serious political and World Event posting is also to be posted in this forum.

Thread: More Than 12 Killed By Gunman At Connecticut School....Can We Discuss Gun Control or Must We Still Wait On That?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeuce View Post
    In other words, you have no solution other than to stand there and say our leaders need to do "something." Wow. Just awesome.

This is a pretty good look into the liberal mindset...you think of government officials as demigod wizards who can magically invent solutions to all our problems. Guess what...they aren't. They're human beings who have the same critical thinking abilities as you (although yours seem to be far more limited).

I try to think of what can be done, and I'm not sure any law government pass would make a difference. What if this cowardly lunatic had used legally purchasable chemicals to make some kind of toxic bomb and set it off inside the halls of the school to poison the air and watch kids choke to their death? Would that be any more or less tragic than walking in and opening fire?

Like I said earlier, the problem is not all humans place a high value on human life. The responsibility ultimately lies with the fucking assholes who committed these atrocities here and in China, not the weapons they chose to pull it off.

I forgot...people like you are unable to say they just dont know something. You would rather continue to make assinine statements. Make it tougher to get guns...bottom line.

Of course this guy isnt gonna use chemical weapons....it takes planning, intelligence to commit a crime with chemicals like that.All it takes is the ability to move a finger to kill with guns....thats why we have so many gun deaths....easier to kill with a gun, then any other way.

The responsibility lies with the person...we all know this....but if we can make it harder for someone to get guns, if we can stop one incident....isnt it worth it? Or should we make sure the guy that want to go oout and kill deer doesnt have to wait to long. I mean seriously, is common sense beyond you people.

RX Senior
    This is very sad and I feel for all the families that lost loved ones. What concerns me the most about this is how was this guy, armed with 4 weapons including an automatic rifle, able to just walk into an elementary school and do this? The hell with the gun laws, let's face it that will never do anything. But what we need is much better security at all of our schools so these things do not happen. This is ridiculous that a man can be armed like this and simply walk into a school and kill 26 people including 20 children. Something has to be done to protect our schools better than what we do now...

RX Senior
    Impossible, snoop. Aren't you aware that laws have been passed that forbid drunk driving? And ever since they were, there have been zero drunk driving deaths in the USA!

Oh, wait...
    by this logic you are saying drunk driving should be legal being people will still do it anyways

Legal Scams All Around You Point Given's Avatar
    CONN is a rich state...but hey said they couldnt afford a cop on campus at this school in the middle of the woods because the state has no money for a officer

Quote Originally Posted by terps1313 View Post
    by this logic you are saying drunk driving should be legal being people will still do it anyways
    No, my point is even though the laws exist...people still break them.

Why do you suppose that is?

It's because some crazy asshole will do whatever his fucked up nature tells him to do regardless of what laws are on the books.That was my entire point of my first post in this thread...I don't think any effective measures can be taken to ensure no one attempts something like this again. Some people are inherently evil.

No, my point is even though the laws exist...people still break them.

Why do you suppose that is?

It's because some crazy asshole will do whatever his fucked up nature tells him to do regardless of what laws are on the books.That was my entire point of my first post in this thread...I don't think any effective measures can be taken to ensure no one attempts something like this again. Some people are inherently evil.
    You speak about guns like pot or meth....guns cant be grown...and need a factory to make. To say restricting access to assault rifles wouldnt change anything is a pretty idiotic statement.

Something tells me you voted for Bush..TWICE...and voted for Romney...then cried when he lost.

Quote Originally Posted by terps1313 View Post
    Hes not saying its legal to kill people. He is saying its legal to drink but not too much yet accidents kill people anyway involving illegal drunkenness. The common denomanator with a gun and a drink is human beings. Leave a bottle and a gun on a countertop.... which kills a human walking by first just by sitting there? Neither but each is equally as dangerous when you put either in a humans hands. Should we pick and choose what human objects are dangerous or should we condemn and attempt to prevent the actions? Its rather common sense i would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Given View Post
    You speak about guns like pot or meth....guns cant be grown...and need a factory to make. To say restricting access to assault rifles wouldnt change anything is a pretty idiotic statement.

Something tells me you voted for Bush..TWICE...and voted for Romney...then cried when he lost.
    Restricting access just opens up the black market. If people want something you will only drive up the price to get it and when you do that it creates even more crime. The only solution is to fight fire with fire. You want ot prevent home invasions, arm every homeowner with a shotgun. You want to prevent cowardly and heartbreaking school massacres like this, put someone in the school armed. Pandoras box is open, guns no matter hat are here to stay. We can either be rational and preventive or we can sit around and play make believe.

Quote Originally Posted by fletchisrhsm View Post
    Restricting access just opens up the black market. If people want something you will only drive up the price to get it and when you do that it creates even more crime. The only solution is to fight fire with fire. You want ot prevent home invasions, arm every homeowner with a shotgun. You want to prevent cowardly and heartbreaking school massacres like this, put someone in the school armed. Pandoras box is open, guns no matter hat are here to stay. We can either be rational and preventive or we can sit around and play make believe.
    Hilarious

A black market for guns already exists. Im talking about taking assault rifles out of your corner store. Make people jump thru hoops to get that M4. Make them go deal with the black market.

Instead of having it available like a 40oz at the liquor store.

Hilarious

A black market for guns already exists. Im talking about taking assault rifles out of your corner store. Make people jump thru hoops to get that M4. Make them go deal with the black market.

Exactly, the market just gets better. I highly doubt its easy to get a gun like you are portraying it to be for your obvious purposes. If we can afford to waste billions on all types of bullshit we better start thinking about adding an officer to every school.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rolltide View Post
    yeah, "thoughts and prayers" after you lead off with needing gun control. what a fn asshole complete piece of liberal shit

i grew up in the town next door to Newtown with all my family in either Newtown, New Mil, Southbury, or Danbury. A bunch of folks i went to both HS and college with from Newtown including my wife's sis. this is some crazy shit...wouldn't expect it out of an area like western conn for sure
    Turns out every major news outlet has been talking about gun control since the shooting...all but fox. White house press also asking about it. See idiot, that's a discussion that needs to be had and is right now. Good to see some are not frauds and cowards like you RT.

I can only bring myself to say that I find myself on the verge of weeping for these families.

So sad.

God help us.

Hilarious

Ah, so making people take the extra step of having to get a gun illegally will help stamp out gun crime?

Astonishing. Why didn't you break this ingenius insight earlier?

Do you really believe this guy stopped at the local 7-11 on the way to the elementary school and picked up his gun along with a Mountain Dew and Slim Jim?

Gun control laws have proven to be abysmal failures. Washington DC and Chicago had some of the toughest gun laws on the books for years...yet they accomplished nothing. Toughen the penalties against those who own or obtain guns illegally? I'm all for that.

But how's a background check going to prevent those with mental stability issues from obtaining firearms unless they've committed a previous crime?

Outlaw assault weapons? All you'll succeed in creating is a black market, and those weapons will still find their way into the hands of dangerous criminals...when the vast majority of those who own them are law abiding citizens.

Ah, so making people take the extra step of having to get a gun illegally will help stamp out gun crime?

Do you really believe this guy stopped at the local 7-11 on the way to the elementary school and picked up his gun along with a Mountain Dew and Slim Jim?

Gun control laws have proven to be abysmal failures. Washington DC and Chicago had some of the toughest gun laws on the books for years...yet they accomplished nothing. Toughen the penalties against those who own or obtain guns illegally? I'm all for that.

But how's a background check going to prevent those with mental stability issues from obtaining firearms unless they've committed a previous crime?

Outlaw assault weapons? All you'll succeed in creating is a black market, and those weapons will still find their way into the hands of dangerous criminals...when the vast majority of those who own them are law abiding citizens.
    No

He had his mom do it

I just read the sharpest post on this forum in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by 2PLAYSMAX View Post
    Assault weapons exclusive for military use. Don't know of any citizen who needed an assault rifle in the US to defend his home. Maybe Iraq but not in the US. I could be wrong.
    Your argument has no legs.

Your argument has no legs.
    Well Jduece...I see you have no reasoning for citizens needing assault rifles.

Tweet from Charles Cooke sums it up:

Suffice it to say: If you think a man who killed his mother and a host of children would be constrained by a law you want, you're a fool.

That has to be the most gut wrenchingly sad thing ever. Listening to them describe how there were two meeting points where parents went to wait for their children and in one room all the parents had the joy of hugging their children and in the other their children never came out. That is unfathomable!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guesser View Post
    That's actually a great idea, as well as EXTENSIVE mental testing before they are allowed to get a gun.
    Yeah, cuz the average person would pass that test. Lets have an obamacare psych squad examine you before you can purchase a means to defend yourself from sick fuckers who shoot up innocent people. Sounds like a plan...Chances are the guy who shot up this school was on all kinds of doctor prescribed psych drugs, which totally distort reality. Not making any excuses for the guy, but I bet that will come out in the days or weeks to come

Tweet from Charles Cooke sums it up:

Suffice it to say: If you think a man who killed his mother and a host of children would be constrained by a law you want, you're a fool.
    Is his statement finacially motivated?

Follow the money...and you will find the root of all evil. (

Is his statement finacially motivated?

Follow the money...and you will find the root of all evil. (
    Charles Cook
    is absolutely correct. Gun control will NEVER stop these type of attacks.

Things Liberals Hate added a new photo.

Obama's Eviction Notice: November 2012 shared Freedom's photo.

Ever visit a school without a "gun free zone" sign in front of it? Federal buildings, post offices, schools, city hall and most government buildings already have a 100% zero tolerance gun ban in place. Then again, this tells homicidal criminals which entities they can show up to with the guarantee that they'll be the only one armed!