Forum: College Football Forum - Sponsored by:

Thread: Urban Meyer-BEST Coach in the Big Ten

1. #1 Urban Meyer-BEST Coach in the Big Ten 
    RX SemiGod
    Even before his first season in the Big Ten, I felt Urban Meyer was the best coach in the conference. After he took the Buckeyes to a 12-0 season, No. 3 AP ranking, I know he is. Meyer is 115-23 in eleven years as a head coach. He has won big everywhere he has coached.

Two BCS National Championships, four conference titles, three conference Coach of the Year awards, one national Coach of the Year honor and the Sports Illustrated Coach of the Decade (2000-2009).

Other than questions about his long term commitment, there are not too many better options in the country.

Welcome your comments......................

I agree, If he stays he will be the top coach for years to come. I am interested to see if Bill O'Brien stays at Penn State, if he does I think he will give him a run for his money. But it may be hard to keep him through all the sanctions.
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. ~ Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    Even before his first season in the Big Ten, I felt Urban Meyer was the best coach in the conference. After he took the Buckeyes to a 12-0 season, No. 3 AP ranking, I know he is. Meyer is 115-23 in eleven years as a head coach. He has won big everywhere he has coached.

Two BCS National Championships, four conference titles, three conference Coach of the Year awards, one national Coach of the Year honor and the Sports Illustrated Coach of the Decade (2000-2009).

Other than questions about his long term commitment, there are not too many better options in the country.

Welcome your comments......................
    I agree.. he will be longstanding as a top coach and I am glad he is at THE Ohio State

-murph

RX Wizard
    Hope his "medical issues" are resolved.....

Happy 53rd Urban
    BIRTHDAY
    July 10, 1964 (age 53)
    BIRTHPLACE
    Toledo, OH
    About
    College football coach who won two BCS National Titles while he coached the University of Florida before taking over at Ohio State University and leading the Buckeyes to a National Championship in 2015.

RX Wizard
    Hell, he's the 2nd best coach in the entire country.....and it's indisputable.

I'm happy his "medical issues" have cleared up since he left a dumpster fire in Gainesville (that was sarcasm.....I'm still not over the way he left UF high and dry....or, as he said himself, "the program is broken").

RX SemiGod
    Coach, I personally never understood all of Meyer's personal problems at Florida.

He had total support from the school and just fainted.......................

Woke up and at pretty good football school!