Forum: Classic Threads From The Past - Visit here for a great "blast from the past" and view some terrific, informative and interesting "Classic Threads" posted by thousands of savvy sportsbettors over the years here at The Rx.com.....

Thread: Value In Miami Heat +150 To Win Series/Title Over Oklahoma City

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    J-Man Rx NFL Pick 4 Champion for 2005 kermit16's Avatar
    This thread started out asking if there was good value in wagering on Heat + 150. Now I've seen Heat + 240. Is this good value ? I saw no value in taking the Heat + 150 as I've already stated. However heat + 240 is fair but not great yet. The Heat have not been a very good road team all year yet they are a very good home team. I think if the Thunder win tonight, this series Money line will go up once again. If the Thunder win tonight, I wouldn't be surprised to see the series line go up over + 300. At that point I would think it had some value. BTW I think the Thunder win tonight.

Miami wins series 4-1 .

Long live the King !

Super Moderator
    A Good Head & A Good Heart Are Always A Formidable Combination
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit16 View Post
    This thread started out asking if there was good value in wagering on Heat + 150. Now I've seen Heat + 240. Is this good value ? I saw no value in taking the Heat + 150 as I've already stated. However heat + 240 is fair but not great yet. The Heat have not been a very good road team all year yet they are a very good home team. I think if the Thunder win tonight, this series Money line will go up once again. If the Thunder win tonight, I wouldn't be surprised to see the series line go up over + 300. At that point I would think it had some value. BTW I think the Thunder win tonight.

And now Miami is -115 to win the series.

In order to have taken advantage of Miami +240, one had to assume and be sure the Heat were going to lose Game 1.
    That's too much of a guessing game to go about it in that manner.

I'm sure OKC will grab one back from the Heat in Miami though, so this line will likely be back & forth.

<table style="width: 824px;" id="tblBasketballNBAGame" class="lines" border="0" cellSpacing="0" borderColor="#111111" cellPadding="0" rgfloat="440,600"><tbody><tr class="linesSubHeader" vAlign="bottom"><td colSpan="8"><small>NBA Finals Series Prices - Best of Seven</small></td></tr><tr class="linesRow" vAlign="bottom"><td>Sun 6/17</td><td> </td><td>871 Miami Heat (Series)</td><td></td><td><input id="editx" name="M1_1" maxLength="5" size="4"> -115 </td><td> </td><td> </td><td> </td></tr><tr class="linesRowBot" vAlign="top"><td>8:00PM </td><td> </td><td>872 Oklahoma City Thunder (Series)</td><td> </td><td><input id="editx" name="M2_1" maxLength="5" size="4"> -105 </td><td> </td></tr></tbody></table>

Rx Member
    If Miami wins Game 2, I'll have a scalp available to go along with my Miami +150. I won't take it because I'm plenty confident that the Heat will take the series. Mark it down; James becomes the King.

I jumped in yesterday @ +220

Quote Originally Posted by jordan17 View Post
    I jumped in yesterday @ +220
    good timing

If you can get + money on either team, it's probably good to jump on it, because with these two perimenter shooting teams it's going to be a wide open series. Anything can happen.
    "I'm not a Republican, but I'm saving up to be one"

I went up to Saratoga And your horse, naturally, won
    i think lebron was trying to give the foul at the end

Super Moderator
    A Good Head & A Good Heart Are Always A Formidable Combination
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSooners View Post
    If you can get + money on either team, it's probably good to jump on it, because with these two perimenter shooting teams it's going to be a wide open series. Anything can happen.

Very true... The plus money will have to wait until after the Game #3 winner though.

And the price will be higher on OKC if Miami takes this one at home vs the opposite scenario...

Quote Originally Posted by GoSooners View Post
    Over the years , one of the things I usually look at it in these kinds of series Is if i can play both sides... usually a profitable venture

Quote Originally Posted by Aceking View Post
    Miami wins series 4-1 .

Long live the King !

you nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanTED View Post
    Remember home court in this series is a bit different with the 2-3-2 format. Personally, don't know who will win this series, but I do believe the wrong team is favored.
    Well done, Ted. You nailed it before the series started.