Forum: NFL Football Forum - Sponsored by:
Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting NFL football here.

Thread: Peyton Manning cadence at the line of scrimmage...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Peyton Manning cadence at the line of scrimmage... 
    Anyone else keep hearing omaha omaha ringing in their ears?? I cannot figure out what it means but it cannot be a specific play call because there were no similar plays ran that I could put together. My best guess is it has to do with the snap count, anyone else have an idea?

RX Senior
    Some of the long time Colts have said that it is mostly decoys
    I don't know, I was really drunk at the time.

he said once that omaha is a deek .. I thoughts I hears him says. omaha omaha kablammo whammo bazinga hut hut
    NINGA THUG WARRIER BOYYYYY!

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    Some of the long time Colts have said that it is mostly decoys
    drove me nuts with the surround sound so much i had to shut it off, that place was so quiet when denver had the ball that is all i heard the whole game, annoyed the shit out of me

Omaha is traditionally a flip of the play. In other words, if the play is supposed to run left side, Omaha switches it to right.

For Peyton, who the hell knows.

RX Senior
    Yeah who knows, the good thing is the Denver fans have now been trained to shut their yappers so Manning can make the calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Omaha is traditionally a flip of the play. In other words, if the play is supposed to run left side, Omaha switches it to right.

For Peyton, who the hell knows.

shit if its a flip call then he should just yell obama, not omaha

Eli says Omaha also

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt View Post
    Eli says Omaha also
    It really is a great town.

Quote Originally Posted by 1osubucks View Post
    Anyone else keep hearing omaha omaha ringing in their ears?? I cannot figure out what it means but it cannot be a specific play call because there were no similar plays ran that I could put together. My best guess is it has to do with the snap count, anyone else have an idea?
    After he said Omaha the ball was snapped
    Re-elect no one. We simply need to start over.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    he's doing an in-game endorsement for Omaha Steaks

my sources tell me he's going starting selling his forehead space to be used like a billboard. One of them new billboards too, where the ad changes every few seconds
    2014, 2011, 2004, 1999 / 1 in 1, 2 in 4, 3 in 11, 4 in 16 / that's UConn

RX Senior
    north ridgeville, ohio (west of cleveland)
    i heard in an interview that omaha means a snap count. omaha starts with "o" which means on one. so i guess it means after the play call on first sound the ball is snapped

I need a new drug! Vinny the Worm's Avatar
    if he starts using "Papa John" that would be great!

RX Senior
    Looks like the city of Omaha wants to cash in on their new found fame:

OMAHA, Neb.—Peyton Manning can't stop shouting about Nebraska's largest city. The Denver Broncos quarterback used the word "Omaha" loudly and often during Sunday's National League Football playoff victory over the San Diego Chargers. According to an NFL.com video montage, Manning barked "Omaha" before the ball was snapped 44 times during the game.
    The reason for the word choice, if there is one, is known only to Manning and the Broncos. But it provided some unexpected publicity for the city of 427,000, perhaps best known as the home of both billionaire Warren Buffett and the Fortune 500 insurance company Mutual of Omaha (sponsor of the old TV show "Wild Kingdom").
    Omaha, in fact, was a trending topic on Twitter during the game, and the Greater Omaha Convention and Visitors Bureau jumped aboard, tweeting: "We certainly appreciate all the love from Peyton Manning "
    Bureau President and CEO David Brown said he was watching the game, and he wondered how his agency could capitalize. Brown said he wants to explore the possibility of hiring Manning, one of the sporting world's top pitchmen, to shoot a promotional ad for Omaha.
    "We'd be foolish not to," Brown said, adding that he realizes Manning would command a fee that likely exceeds his agency's budget.
    If anything, Omaha once conjured an image of a cow town on the banks of the Missouri River. But Doug Parrott, executive vice president for the Nebraska-based Bailey Lauerman public relations and advertising firm, said that has changed over the years because of the prominence of Buffett and national media coverage of events such as the College World Series and U.S. Olympic Swim Trials.
    Brown said the chamber of commerce has worked hard to woo corporations to locate to "the Big O," as locals call it. Omaha is home to five Fortune 500 companies, including Union Pacific Railroad, and sells itself on, among other things, a reasonable cost of living and dependable workforce.
    A chamber-commissioned study last year found that 100 million people had been exposed to the "Omaha message" in the past decade and that the city is generally viewed positively," Brown said..
    "But when people are asked why they feel that way, though, they can't bring it to a single message," he said.
    Quarterback Tom Brady of the New England Patriots has been known to say "Omaha" during games and so has Peyton's brother, New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning. "Sally," "Alpha," and "Kentucky" are among the many words that amount to gibberish to the typical fan, and sometimes they truly mean nothing. But the words often are a signal to the rest of the offense to change a play or scheme—and defenses sometimes try to crack the code.
    It was apparent that the Chargers associated "Omaha" with Manning's snap count on Sunday because he lured five different San Diego players to jump offsides, an unusually high number of penalties for the same infraction.
    For the city of Omaha, the value of Manning's shout-outs is impossible to calculate, Parrott said.
    Parrott noted, however, that air time for a 30-second Super Bowl ad is $4 million this year. If Manning leads the Broncos to the Super Bowl and yells "Omaha" as many times as he did Sunday, well, that's lots of free exposure for this old cow town.
    "Commercials cost money to make, and you have to come up with the idea and hire a production company to make it. It could cost $4 million just for the production, and we get it for free," Parrott said. "Everybody in Omaha really needs to root for Peyton to take down Tom Brady and the Patriots so we can hear 'Omaha' in the Super Bowl."

Think it's to get the line ready..

Quote Originally Posted by 1osubucks View Post
    drove me nuts with the surround sound so much i had to shut it off, that place was so quiet when denver had the ball that is all i heard the whole game, annoyed the shit out of me
    Makes you wanna punch Manning right in the face!! Irritating as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    he's doing an in-game endorsement for Omaha Steaks

my sources tell me he's going starting selling his forehead space to be used like a billboard. One of them new billboards too, where the ad changes every few seconds

-murph

Anyone else watch Pardon The Interruption yesterday? Tony and Wilbon were randomly yelling "Omaha" throughout the show. Pretty funny.

Definitely something to do with the snap, at least in the game on Sunday... You could really hear it big time out of my old school Bose; my brother and I had the same conversation.

Who cares. Jughead is always fucking around any way to get a petty edge, get someone to jump offside, catch the team w 12 men on the field or any other weasily way to try and win instead of just playing the game on the field w out fucking about. QBs like him make waving his arms around like an idiot w all his WRs make you sick of the new pass heavy offenses too.

True master of the game.
    This city is so filthy, like my mind in ways.

Quote Originally Posted by jgm4661 View Post
    Who cares. Jughead is always fucking around any way to get a petty edge, get someone to jump offside, catch the team w 12 men on the field or any other weasily way to try and win instead of just playing the game on the field w out fucking about. QBs like him make waving his arms around like an idiot w all his WRs make you sick of the new pass heavy offenses too.
    Bwahahahaaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by loomis41973 View Post
    True master of the game.
    Agree 100%.

Now that I'm pretty much out of my fantasy leagues, I'm rooting for him to win it, even though I don't think it will happen.

Well, unless of course, I decide to bet the Pats ML this weekend or something...