Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: A little Game: What did the Fan Say to Marcus Smart??

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. #1 A little Game: What did the Fan Say to Marcus Smart?? 
    If anyone hasn't seen it, Marcus Smart from OK St (Potential top 5 draft pick) pushes a fan in the stands. The thing was the fan did not get in his face but said something that made Marcus flip out. Now the question is, what did the fan say that made Marcus Smart so irate? He even went to the official and his coaches pointing at the fan.

Now, the only thing I can think of is a racial slur. Otherwise, I can't figure out what someone can say to a player that would make them react in that fashion. If it was something as stupid as "You fucking suck"... then Marcus has some obvious maturity issues.

What did he say?

looked like he was just mad the guy didn't try to catch his fall

People will say it was racial but it could be anything the way he is acting this season. Seems like every time his team is losing he is on the verge of a mental breakdown. He should of went pro last year instead of trying to come back and prove he is better than the hype of Parker/Wiggins.

Over/under on how many times we hear the word "thug" to describe this incident? I say 525 this upcoming week.

The fan in question tweeted it wasn't racial or the N word. He did say he crossed the line and apologized though.
    PM me if you have any questions about SportsOptions.

I see some rumors that he might have said "Go back to Africa"

You see this video from last year? Watch the last few seconds of the clip. Same dude makes a big FU jesture then sticks his tongue out at an A&M player. Seems like a real douchebag to me.

Just saw that! His name is Jim Orr. Class act, lol. And he did in fact admit he said something he shouldn't have. Lots of reports saying Marxus Smart said to coaches that he said the N'word and other reports saying he said "Go back to Africa". Regardless of either of those, if it's true this will get a lot of attention throughout the country!!

Here's a profile they did on him. Sounds like a band nerd gone wild.

http://today.ttu.edu/2010/03/texas-t...xtraordinaire/

Haha! No way, the dude is their #1 fan, this is gonna be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake T. View Post
    The fan in question tweeted it wasn't racial or the N word. He did say he crossed the line and apologized though.
    I read he text that it wasn't vulgar or the N Word. I still think there is no doubt that it was racial. I'm going with the "Go back to Africa". The fact that comes to someone's mind is pretty sad. But it is Texas.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
    looked like he was just mad the guy didn't try to catch his fall
    Jeff Orr who has a history of inappropriate behavior should be banned forever. I also do not believe Smart should be suspended, unless they think it is ok for fans to call players niggers.
    Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...6qrsMfMUEim.99

Super Moderator
    A Good Head & A Good Heart Are Always A Formidable Combination
    How was Smart not ejected from the freakin game is what I want to know...

Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf11 View Post
    Jeff Orr who has a history of inappropriate behavior should be banned forever. I also do not believe Smart should be suspended, unless they think it is ok for fans to call players niggers.
    Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...6qrsMfMUEim.99
    So in your mind suspending Marcus Smart would somehow mean the Big 12/NCAA condones players being called the N word?

Self appointed RX World Champion Handicapper
    that fan just looks like a douchebag.. he obviously said something, cause smart wasnt even looking in his direction until he ran his mouth.. smart has my permission to beat that fat fuckers ass... i have been to 100's of sporting events and have never one time thought it was cool to yell something at a player.. cheer or boo all you want, or yell at the ref's..

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by World Number One View Post
    i have been to 100's of sporting events and have never one time thought it was cool to yell something at a player.. cheer or boo all you want, or yell at the ref's..
    Huh Number One???

Wow I don't think there's one single sporting event I've been to in which some fans aren't yelling and/or directing expletives towards opposing athletes...

RX Senior
    that fan just looks like a douchebag.. he obviously said something, cause smart wasnt even looking in his direction until he ran his mouth.. smart has my permission to beat that fat fuckers ass... i have been to 100's of sporting events and have never one time thought it was cool to yell something at a player.. cheer or boo all you want, or yell at the ref's..
    We think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Hache Man View Post
    Huh Number One???

Wow I don't think there's one single sporting event I've been to in which some fans aren't yelling and/or directing expletives towards opposing athletes...

i said i dont do it.. i realize it happens all the time..

If he called him a "thug", then get ready for another 5 page thread.
    "Everything you read on the internet is not entirely accurate"- Abraham Lincoln

Super Moderator
    i said i dont do it.. i realize it happens all the time..

Ahhh ok..... I agree with you...I've never done it either

Quote Originally Posted by Hache Man View Post
    Ahhh ok..... I agree with you...I've never done it either

whats hilarious is when people nowhere near the court are yelling shit at players and refs.. guess what dumb ass, they cant hear you.. and most of the people around you dont want to hear you either..

cheer and boo all you want and keep your idiotic comments between you and the people you came with..

Regardless of what the fan said as a player you cannot react. I'm not justifying the fans action because i am sure he crossed a line, but as a player you have to turn the other cheek. Whatever that guy said worst things have been yelled in a basketball game where the player didn't confront that other person.

Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
    Regardless of what the fan said as a player you cannot react. I'm not justifying the fans action because i am sure he crossed a line, but as a player you have to turn the other cheek. Whatever that guy said worst things have been yelled in a basketball game where the player didn't confront that other person.
    Agreed. You can't have players pushing fans. That's how you end up with the brawl at Auburn Hills. Fan should be banned and Smart should be suspended.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
    Why? Why are fans given the right to say what they want? Why are athletes held to such high standards?

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    So in your mind suspending Marcus Smart would somehow mean the Big 12/NCAA condones players being called the N word?
    I copied and pasted that, and the link.

I don't know if Smart should be suspended and if he is for how long. I unlike many of these other posters realize it's not OK to have an opinion on everything.

Sounds like the fan fired off the one word that's going to set off an African-American more than any other word....and when you throw in being on the losing end of a highly frustrating game for said player, things happen. For what it's worth I also thought Sherman did little wrong after the NFC Championship game....they threw a microphone in his face 2 minutes after the game, and he told them what he thought.

i have way less tolerance for ass hole fans than i do for the players.. the players are out there bustin their ass and as far as i'm concerned, the fans can keep their moronic comments to themselves.

whatever that fat ass said to smart, i can assure you that he wouldnt say it face to face with him out in the parking lot..