2014 MLB System Plays and additional plays for the 2014 season

Search

Tokens
System Units gained/lost = +0

Units gained/lost on other plays = +1 unit

1-0 thus far in the baseball season (+1 unit) {link below shows play posted}

http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=986644

I will be posting my system plays and other plays in this thread for the 2014 baseball season. Since there is some time between the NCAA basketball games, I figured I would explain the system that I will be playing this year. I somewhat tracked this system idea in the months of July and August last year and it proved to be successful on just tracking it alone. So, this year I actually be playing this system and maybe some other plays as well as I see them. With that being said, when I play other games I will post those units in another area so I can keep track of units gained/lost with the system and with the other players separately. I will not be keeping track of an overall record--with baseball I don't believe an actual record is all that accountable. To me, units gained/lost makes more sense because of the juice ratings. And with this system there will be some games in which I will be playing a large favorite.

The system will be using MLB baseball Power Rankings which I will post in the next part along with the explanation of the system itself.

Tokens
http://espn.go.com/mlb/powerrankings

2013 Power Rankings: September 30
RANKTEAM / RECORDTRENDINGCOMMENTS
1Red Sox
97-65
--

Last Week: 1
The Red Sox finished with 97 wins, their highest total since 2007. They finished the season first in run differential, but most importantly, they were able to secure home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. The road to the World Series goes through Fenway. -- Hunter Golden, Fire Brand of the AL
2Cardinals
97-65
Last Week: 6
The Cardinals closed out the regular season in style, winning their final six games to secure home-field advantage throughout the National League playoffs as they finished with the best record in the NL. -- Matt Philip, Fungoes
3Tigers
93-69
--

Last Week: 3
Whether you see the recent limp of Detroit's offense as a bad omen or exaggerated fodder for the anxiety-prone fan, you should find common ground for optimism in a pitching staff that's so deep it has fans and pundits alike suggesting with all sincerity that, arguably, one of the best pitchers on the planet (Justin Verlander) not toe the rubber until Game 3 of the ALDS. -- Ryan Callery, Walkoff Woodward
4Braves
96-66
Last Week: 5
October will begin with a big challenge for the Braves' strikeout-prone lineup as they face the Dodgers' swing-and-miss starting pitching staff. Will the Braves' three-run home run approach work, or will they whiff their way out of the first round? They have a tough task ahead of them if they are to win their first postseason series since 2001. -- Martin Gandy, Gondeee
5Dodgers
92-70
Last Week: 4
Clayton Kershaw's 1.83 ERA was the first sub-2.00 ERA by a starter since Roger Clemens in 2005 and the lowest since Pedro Martinez's 1.74 mark in 2000. His ERA+ of 194 was a hair better than Sandy Koufax's career-best 190 in 1966. -- David Schoenfield, SweetSpot
6Athletics
96-66
Last Week: 2
The A's roll into the playoffs a bit banged up, but the team is hopeful that Yoenis Cespedes, at least, will be ready to go come Friday. -- Jason Wojciechowski, Beaneball
7Pirates
94-68
--

Last Week: 7
The Pirates took care of business, sweeping the Reds in Cincinnati to ensure home field for the wild-card game on Tuesday. Francisco Liriano (8-1, 1.47 ERA at home, but 0-3, 3.70 against the Reds in 2013) will get the start. Pirates pitchers allowed an MLB-fewest 101 homers. -- Diane Firstman, Value Over Replacement Grit
8Indians
92-70
Last Week: 10
The Indians ended the regular season in style, winning their last 10 games to secure home-field advantage in the AL wild-card game. Ubaldo Jimenez struck out 13 in Game 162, tying a career best. Tribe fans are cautiously celebrating their team's first postseason appearance since 2007. -- Susan Petrone, It's Pronounced "Lajaway"
9Reds
90-72
Last Week: 8
The Reds finished the season by losing five in a row and getting swept by the Pirates. If the Reds don't beat Pittsburgh in the wild-card game on Tuesday, expect manager Dusty Baker's seat to get very warm indeed. -- Chad Dotson, Redleg Nation
10Rays
91-71
Last Week: 9
The Rays finished the scheduled portion of the regular season with a record of 91-71, marking the fourth consecutive season they have won at least 90 games. As it turns out, they'll need every one of those wins plus one more if they want to officially qualify for the postseason. -- Tommy Rancel, The Process Report
11Rangers
91-71
--

Last Week: 11
The Rangers won their final seven games to sneak into the wild-card tiebreaker game against the Rays. They finished 32-6 against the Astros and Angels. Martin Perez will start against Tampa and he's 7-2 with a 3.05 ERA in 11 starts since July 31. -- David Schoenfield, SweetSpot
12Nationals
86-76
--

Last Week: 12
The Nationals finished the season on a 32-16 run and got redemptive second halves from Denard Span and Dan Haren. But the first 114 games count, too. -- Harper Gordek, Nationals Baseball
13Royals
86-76
Last Week: 14
Managed to go 86-76 despite hitting only 110 homers, 33 fewer than any other AL team. Their 3.45 team ERA was the best in the league, as was the 2.57 compiled by their relievers. The last time Kansas City led the AL in ERA? 1986. -- Diane Firstman, Value Over Replacement Grit
14Orioles
85-77
Last Week: 15
The Orioles go out into the offseason with a win on the final day of the regular season and the realization that this team has a strong base of talent. The 2012 season was not a fluke. It is now up to Dan Duquette to figure out how to squeeze five to 10 more wins out of this squad. -- Jon Shepherd, Camden Depot
15Yankees
85-77
Last Week: 13
In the end, the Yankees finished with their worst record since going 76-86 in 1992. That year, Derek Jeter hit .210 in his first taste of pro ball, Andy Pettitte went 10-4 with a 2.20 ERA for Greensboro and Mariano Rivera had a 2.28 ERA in 10 starts for Fort Lauderdale ... and was left unprotected in the expansion draft that offseason. -- David Schoenfield, SweetSpot
16Diamondbacks
81-81
Last Week: 17
The D-backs' regular season is the longest ever; 80 extra innings ranks second all-time, and the team ahead of them, the 1918 Washington Senators (82), played a shorter schedule. The D-backs were also strikingly average this year, finishing at .500 while ranking 14th in the majors in ERA and 14th in fWAR for position players. Next up: sorting out playing time at SS, 3B, LF and CF. -- Ryan P. Morrison, Inside the 'Zona
17Angels
78-84
Last Week: 16
The Angels' final week was sort of a microcosm of their 2013 season. The bullpen was horrendous, the starting pitching was inconsistent and the offense came and went. The Angels will make drastic changes this offseason, and we'll soon find out if this team has its sights set on 2014, or is more concerned with sustainable long-term success. -- Hudson Belinsky, Halos Daily
18Blue Jays
74-88
Last Week: 19
An unmitigated disaster, the Jays' star-studded roster finished 23 games back in the AL East. To top things off, one of the youngsters dealt away last offseason, Henderson Álvarez, threw a no-hitter on the final day of the season. -- Matthias Koster, Mop-Up Duty
19Padres
76-86
Last Week: 18
Jedd Gyorko led the team with just 63 RBIs, although the Padres actually hit more home runs than the playoff-bound Dodgers and Cardinals. -- David Schoenfield, SweetSpot
20Giants
76-86
--

Last Week: 20
The Giants won five of their final seven to finish outside of the bottom 10, meaning they probably won't be in the market for any big free agents other than re-signing Hunter Pence (which they already did) and Tim Lincecum (we'll see). BTW, Barry Zito on the road: 0-9, 9.23 ERA, .393 average allowed. -- David Schoenfield, SweetSpot
21Brewers
74-88
Last Week: 24
Things got a little interesting over the weekend when the Brewers won enough games to slide out of the top 10 picks for next year's draft, meaning their first-round pick is no longer protected. That has many Brewers fans panicking that another Kyle Lohse-type move could transpire this winter. -- J.P. Breen, Disciples of Uecker
22Rockies
74-88
--

Last Week: 22
Despite a 10-game improvement over 2012, this season still has to be considered a disappointment for the Rockies. Their pitching improved dramatically, but offensively, they put up the second-lowest run total in franchise history despite having three starters on the NL All-Star team and the NL batting champion. -- Logan Burdine, Blake Street Bulletin
23Mets
74-88
--

Last Week: 23
The Mets finished with the same record this season as they did last year. Like the decision to retain Terry Collins as manager. -- ESPN.com
24Phillies
73-89
Last Week: 21
The horrendous 2013 season has mercifully ended and now several offseason decision processes are set to begin. That starts with evaluating 2013 Arizona Fall Leaguers Kelly Dugan and Aaron Altherr to see if they warrant a 40-man roster spot to protect them from Rule 5 consideration. -- Eric Longenhagen, Crashburn Alley
25Mariners
71-91
--

Last Week: 25
The Mariners have tried pitching and defense with no hitting, and this year they tried power and bad defense with two good pitchers. Neither worked. They finished second in the majors in home runs, but just 12th in the AL in runs scored and 29th in Defensive Runs Saved. -- David Schoenfield, SweetSpot
26Cubs
66-96
--

Last Week: 26
After two years of rebuilding and player development regression by both Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo, it may be time to part ways with Dale Sveum. -- Joe Aiello, The View From The Bleachers
27Twins
66-96
--

Last Week: 27
After ushering the Indians into the playoffs with a season-ending sweep at Target Field, the Twins finished 2013 with a 66-96 record that was identical to their 2012 mark. Tough to see much progress here. -- Nick Nelson, Twins Daily
28White Sox
63-99
--

Last Week: 28
On the bright side, the White Sox won once on the final weekend to avoid 100 losses. On the not-so-bright side, this roster is pretty much a mess outside of Chris Sale and Jose Quintana. -- David Schoenfield, SweetSpot
29Marlins
62-100
--

Last Week: 29
Henderson Alvarez tossed a no-hitter Sunday, but it wasn't a winner until Giancarlo Stanton scored on a wild pitch in the bottom of the ninth. It's the fifth no-hitter in franchise history. Miami scored a mere 513 runs in 2013, 85 fewer than the next-worst team (White Sox). -- Diane Firstman, Value Over Replacement Grit
30Astros
51-111
--

Last Week: 30
Finished with 15 straight losses, the first team to lose that many in a row since the 2011 Mariners lost 17 in a row in July, and the longest season-ending streak since the 1899 Cleveland Spiders lost 16 in a row. That team finished 20-134 and folded after the season. So at least the Astros were better than the 1899 Spiders. -- David Schoenfield, SweetSpot

<tbody>
</tbody>

Tokens
The system I will be playing is as follows (choosing 1 series at a time):

1. Look at a team that is in the top 10, according to the Power Rankings, playing at home
2. Look at who that team is playing--if team is located in the bottom 15 the requirement for a bet has been met
3. Goal is to win 1-unit on the series
4. The idea behind the system is as follows--the home team, ranked in the top 10, will not get swept at home against a team that's located in the bottom 15

So, how this system will work is as follows:

Let's say, using the table above the Boston Red Sox are playing at home against the Seattle Mariners. First of all, this has met the requirement for a system play. According to the table, the Red Sox are rated number 1 and the Mariners are rated number 25.

The goal, for this system once again, is to gain 1 unit.

So, let's say the Red Sox are playing the Mariners on a Friday-Sunday 3-game series. Friday night's game (making a number up) the Red Sox are -180. So, my bet will be 1.75 to win 1. If the Red Sox win Friday, great--I made my 1 unit on the series and I'm done with that series.

Suppose the Red Sox lost on that Friday night. I just lost 1.80 units. On Saturday's game, let's say the Red Sox are -200. My bet for Saturday would be as follows: I want to win the 1.80 units I lost the night before and gain another unit. So, my bet would be as follows: 5.60 units to win 2.80 units. If the Red Sox win, excellent--I made my 1.80 units I lost the night before and gained the 1 unit I wanted to gain on the series as a whole.

If the Red Sox lost on Friday night and Saturday Night I would be down 5.6 units going into Sunday's game. Sunday's game becomes the "toughest" bet to make because the units risked becomes much higher, obviously. So, let's say the Red Sox are -200 again. I now need to make up the 5.6 units lost on the series thus far, yet still make 1 unit, so my Sunday bet would be as follows: 13.20 units to win 6.60 units.

If the Red Sox get swept, I lost 13.20 units on the series. However, the top tier teams playing the low-tier teams are unlikely to get swept at home.

Tokens
The following are some #s compiled by TeamRankings.com from the 2011 season. As I said, I didn't create a massive table tracking the system from start to finish last year, but tracked it for a couple of months on my own. The following is a table from their 2011 database:

SeasonTeam#SeriesSweep%GetSwept%
2011Texas Rangers5221.2%1.9%
2011Philadelphia Phillies5221.2%3.8%
2011New York Yankees5215.4%5.8%
2011Arizona Diamondbacks5215.4%5.8%
2011Tampa Bay Rays5219.2%5.8%
2011Detroit Tigers5121.6%5.9%
2011Toronto Blue Jays517.8%5.9%
2011Atlanta Braves5221.2%7.7%
2011Los Angeles Dodgers527.7%7.7%
2011St. Louis Cardinals5213.5%9.6%
2011Cincinnati Reds5211.5%9.6%
2011Milwaukee Brewers5230.8%9.6%
2011Los Angeles Angels5211.5%9.6%

<thead>
</thead> <tbody>
</tbody>

The table shows the % that those teams were swept--but it didn't take into account home v. away or top 10 team at home v. bottom 15 team.

Tokens
I will be starting the system after a few weeks into the season. More than likely the system plays will begin towards the end of April or early May and run through Augusts at the minimum. Sometimes, September can be the most difficult time to bet with all of the call-ups and whatnot, but we will see.

Tokens
good luck to all this season and hopefully it's profitable for everyone!

(<)<popcorn-eatinggifrxb@ll

Tokens
The system I will be playing is as follows (choosing 1 series at a time):

1. Look at a team that is in the top 10, according to the Power Rankings, playing at home
2. Look at who that team is playing--if team is located in the bottom 15 the requirement for a bet has been met
3. Goal is to win 1-unit on the series
4. The idea behind the system is as follows--the home team, ranked in the top 10, will not get swept at home against a team that's located in the bottom 15

So, how this system will work is as follows:

Let's say, using the table above the Boston Red Sox are playing at home against the Seattle Mariners. First of all, this has met the requirement for a system play. According to the table, the Red Sox are rated number 1 and the Mariners are rated number 25.

The goal, for this system once again, is to gain 1 unit.

So, let's say the Red Sox are playing the Mariners on a Friday-Sunday 3-game series. Friday night's game (making a number up) the Red Sox are -180. So, my bet will be 1.75 to win 1. If the Red Sox win Friday, great--I made my 1 unit on the series and I'm done with that series.

Suppose the Red Sox lost on that Friday night. I just lost 1.80 units. On Saturday's game, let's say the Red Sox are -200. My bet for Saturday would be as follows: I want to win the 1.80 units I lost the night before and gain another unit. So, my bet would be as follows: 5.60 units to win 2.80 units. If the Red Sox win, excellent--I made my 1.80 units I lost the night before and gained the 1 unit I wanted to gain on the series as a whole.

If the Red Sox lost on Friday night and Saturday Night I would be down 5.6 units going into Sunday's game. Sunday's game becomes the "toughest" bet to make because the units risked becomes much higher, obviously. So, let's say the Red Sox are -200 again. I now need to make up the 5.6 units lost on the series thus far, yet still make 1 unit, so my Sunday bet would be as follows: 13.20 units to win 6.60 units.

If the Red Sox get swept, I lost 13.20 units on the series. However, the top tier teams playing the low-tier teams are unlikely to get swept at home.

I forgot got to mention, I also might jump on another series that qualifies within the system if I win the first game of a particular series and another qualifying series has the home team losing I might jump on that series too.

Tokens
System plays 0-0

non system plays 2-0 (+2.10*)

monday night baseball NON SYSTEM PLAY:
rockies +134 (listed pitchers)
[1*/1.34*]

Tokens
Espn initial power rankings

2014 Power Rankings: March 31
RANK TEAM / RECORD TRENDING COMMENTS
Cardinals
0-0
--

Last Week: NR The Cardinals are ready and eager to defend their National League pennant as super sophomore whiff kids Shelby Miller and Michael Wacha follow in staff ace Adam Wainwright's footsteps. -- Matt Philip, Fungoes
Dodgers
2-1
--

Last Week: NR The Dodgers have the most volatility in terms of possible outcomes this year. Baseball Prospectus projects them for 99 wins, eight more than the next-best squad. They have one of the better lineups and rotations in the NL, but the bench is sketchy, Yasiel Puig is making news in the wrong ways and there are injury risks all over. Thankfully, the rest of the NL West is lacking. -- Diane Firstman, Value Over Replacement Grit
Rays
0-0
--

Last Week: NR After an uncertain offseason, David Price remains at the top of the Rays' rotation. Evan Longoria and Wil Myers will lead the offense and new, old friend Grant Balfour was brought back to anchor the bullpen. Meanwhile, skipper Joe Maddon will try to steer the club back to the World Series for the first time since 2008. -- Tommy Rancel, The Process Report
Red Sox
0-0
--

Last Week: NR Boston wasn't flashy during the offseason, but it did make moves that could cement its AL East champion status. It made Xander Bogaerts the full-time shortstop, resurrected Grady Sizemore in an amazing feat of sorcery and compiled enough pitching depth to ensure a victory in the arms race. -- Brett Cowett, Fire Brand of the AL
Nationals
0-0
--

Last Week: NR It wasn't overconfidence that undid the 2013 Nationals, it was injuries. Healthy, the Nats deserved their favorite status then and the same holds for now. All 44 of ESPN's experts predict the Nats will make the playoffs, while 40 predict they'll win the NL East title and 12 pick them to win the World Series. -- Harper Gordek, Nationals Baseball
Tigers
0-0
--

Last Week: NR Serious spring injuries left Detroit with major holes in left field, the bullpen and at shortstop. That said, rookie manager Brad Ausmus can still rely on an offense paced by Miguel Cabrera, plus a much-improved defense and a rotation with three top starters who are as formidable as ever. -- Grey Papke, Walkoff Woodward
Yankees
0-0
--

Last Week: NR In 2013, the Yankees did not make the playoffs for only the second time since 1993, so the front office scrapped its $189 million budget plan, spent nearly half a billion dollars on free agents Jacoby Ellsbury, Brian McCann, Carlos Beltran and Japanese import Masahiro Tanaka and allowed Robinson Cano to walk and sign with Seattle. How will the new-look Yankees do in 2014? Time will tell. -- Stacey Gotsulias, It's About the Money
Athletics
0-0
--

Last Week: NR The A's will try to make their third straight playoff appearance without their ace, Jarrod Parker. Much of the 2013 team returns, though, so one key will be a bounce-back season from Yoenis Cespedes, who spent the spring frustrated by a retooled swing he implemented after a disappointing sophomore campaign. -- Jason Wojciechowski, Beaneball
Rangers
0-0
--

Last Week: NR The Rangers will begin the season with several questions as an injury-plagued spring training did little to provide answers. Fortunately, the organization has built a deep system that just may be able to weather the storm until reinforcements arrive. -- Brandon Land, One Strike Away
Orioles
0-0
--

Last Week: NR Conventional wisdom across the majors puts the Orioles in fourth place in the American League East, but Baltimore cares little for conventional wisdom. Game on! -- Jon Shepherd, Camden Depot
Reds
0-0
--

Last Week: NR Cincinnati begins the season with eight players on the disabled list, after an offseason in which no substantial improvements were made to a third-place club. At least Reds fans can be excited about speedster Billy Hamilton's rookie season, right? Right? -- Chad Dotson, Redleg Nation
Braves
0-0
--

Last Week: NR Looking to repeat as NL East champs, the Braves thought they had all hands on deck. Regrettably, they didn't have all their elbow ligaments on deck. Losing Kris Medlen and Brandon Beachy hurts, but adding Ervin Santana was a big morale boost. With the old guard (Chipper Jones, Brian McCann and Tim Hudson) gone, the new core, all recently signed to long-term deals, needs to lead the team back to the playoffs. -- Martin Gandy, Gondeee
Royals
0-0
--

Last Week: NR The last time the Royals had back-to-back winning seasons? 1993 and 1994. The last playoff appearance? 1985. The Royals are thinking playoffs this year after last year's success, but they'll need the offense to improve unless they lead the AL in fewest runs allowed again. -- David Schoenfield, SweetSpot
Pirates
0-0
--

Last Week: NR The Pirates didn't do much in the offseason except lose A.J. Burnett and replace him with Edinson Volquez, arguably the worst starter in baseball last year. But they have last season's National League MVP, Andrew McCutchen, a full season from Gerrit Cole and what should be one of the best bullpens in the NL. -- David Schoenfield, SweetSpot
Giants
0-0
--

Last Week: NR With Marco Scutaro and Jeremy Affeldt set to start the season on the DL, and a rough spring from Ryan Vogelsong and Tim Lincecum, concerns are already starting to rise around an organization looking to turn it around after a disappointing 2013 campaign. -- Connor Grossman, West Coast Bias
Angels
0-0
--

Last Week: NR The Halos are looking to jump off to a quick start after two miserable Aprils in a row. Everyone's more or less healthy, so there's no reason they can't hit the ground running. -- Nate Aderhold, Halos Daily
Indians
0-0
--

Last Week: NR With a new slogan of "unfinished business," the Indians hope to build upon their 2013 season, one in which they won 92 games and lost to the Rays in the AL wild-card game. The big questions are whether Danny Salazar and Carlos Carrasco can equal the production of the departed Ubaldo Jimenez and Scott Kazmir, and how converted catcher Carlos Santana will perform in a full-time role at 3B. -- Stephanie Liscio, It's Pronounced "Lajaway"
Brewers
0-0
--

Last Week: NR All eyes will be on Ryan Braun as he returns from his season-ending suspension from last season, but the team has also quietly assembled a deceptively deep pitching staff. If the Brewers' somewhat aging roster doesn't fall apart due to injuries again, they could surprise and make some noise in the playoff race. -- Ryan Topp, Disciples of Uecker
Diamondbacks
0-2
--

Last Week: NR The Diamondbacks left Australia in an uncomfortable position: two games behind every other team in the majors in the loss column. But the team may have an opportunity in the season's first month -- despite having to play six games against the Dodgers, the combined 2013 winning percentage of their opponents before May 1 is just .475. -- Ryan P. Morrison, Inside the 'Zona
Padres
1-0
--

Last Week: NR We've heard this story before: Cameron Maybin and Carlos Quentin begin the year on the DL, newcomer Josh Johnson is already hurt, Cory Luebke is out for the year with another Tommy John surgery and Casey Kelly and Joe Wieland are still rehabbing their own arm injuries. That's a lot of talent sitting on the sidelines. -- David Schoenfield, SweetSpot
Rockies
0-0
--

Last Week: NR The Rockies could have a good pitching staff. They could have a good offense. It's a long shot they'll contend in 2014 and the danger is being close enough to jeopardize 2015 with a bad trade or an early prospect promotion, but the front office is feeling pressure to win. -- Richard Bergstrom, Rockies Zingers
Blue Jays
0-0
--

Last Week: NR The Blue Jays open 2014 with essentially the same roster as 2013 -- the same roster that many people picked as World Series favorites only a year ago. The only difference in '14 is that the starting lineup is healthy for the first time. -- Callum Hughson, Mop-Up Duty
Mariners
0-0
--

Last Week: NR Robinson Cano is here and Brad Miller was arguably the best player in the Cactus League, but the outfield defense remains a big question mark and the rotation is currently without Hisashi Iwakuma and Taijuan Walker -- a potential issue as 22 of their first 25 games are against AL West opponents. -- David Schoenfield, SweetSpot
Mets
0-0
--

Last Week: NR The Mets embark on the 2014 season with the goal of winning 90 games, while pundits peg them for 90 losses. -- Joe Janish, Mets Today
Marlins
0-0
--

Last Week: NR Jose Fernandez, Henderson Alvarez and Nate Eovaldi will likely lose many 2-1 games, as Baseball Prospectus projects the lineup to score an MLB-worst 560 runs. Christian Yelich, Marcell Ozuna and Giancarlo Stanton will be a fun outfield to watch, though, and prospects Jake Marisnick, Andrew Heaney and Brian Flynn should arrive later this season. -- Diane Firstman, Value Over Replacement Grit
Phillies
0-0
--

Last Week: NR It appears that the 2014 season will be a bumpy ride for the Phillies. They are relying heavily on their old, injury-prone core, and if their last two seasons are any indication, that isn't the greatest recipe for success. -- Bill Baer, Crashburn Alley
White Sox
0-0
--

Last Week: NR The White Sox probably won't be very good in 2014, but the debuts of Adam Eaton, Jose Abreu, Avisail Garcia and Matt Davidson down the line could raise their total count of hitters worth watching up to four. Chris Sale and Jose Quintana are also tasked with propping up an otherwise iffy starting rotation. -- James Fegan, The Catbird Seat
Cubs
0-0
--

Last Week: NR The Cubs are still a year away from being any sort of contenders in the NL Central, but this is a pivotal year in the process as they look for a bounce-back season from Starlin Castro with Javy Baez breathing down his neck at shortstop. -- Joe Aiello, View from the Bleachers
Twins
0-0
--

Last Week: NR Although the Twins made some major upgrades on the pitching side, they did little to address a shaky lineup, and that was reflected in a spring in which they consistently struggled to score runs. -- Nick Nelson, Twins Daily
Astros
0-0
--

Last Week: NR The Astros are the only team Baseball Prospectus projects to yield over 800 runs (807). Jarred Cosart will likely more than double his 2013 ERA of 1.95, if he walks more than he strikes out again. Jonathan Singleton's struggles have delayed his ascension to the majors, but George Springer should give Astros fans their next glimpse of the farm system's bounty later this season. -- Diane Firstman, Value Over Replacement Grit
Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.

Tokens
System plays 0-0

non system plays 2-0 (+2.10*)

monday night baseball NON SYSTEM PLAY:
rockies +134 (listed pitchers)
[1*/1.34*]

was as hoping dr la rose could keep it close and Rockies could hit marlins bullpen...I was wrong on that...on to the next game(s)

system plays: 0-0

non system plays: 2-1 (+1.1*)

Tokens
System plays 0-0

non system 2-1 (+1.1*)

non system play 4-1-14:

brewers -117--listed pitchers

1.17*/1*

Tokens
Looking forward to how your system plays out. Thanks for sharing. Good luck bro

Tokens
Looking forward to how your system plays out. Thanks for sharing. Good luck bro

Thanks....I'm waiting until mid-to-end of April before implementing system-for now I'm just playing a couple games here and there that I like

Tokens
What was your record last year. I'm guessing the chases get pretty steep as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go789click
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com