Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Tour de france

RX Wizard
    Dumoulin had a nightmare day- punctured tire
    Pinarello (Paris) 2012 , dura-ace c50, shimano ultegra Di2

J-Man Rx NFL Pick 4 Champion for 2005 kermit16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricboff View Post
    yup. I think Team Sky maybe hedging with Thomas who's in great form. Not convinced of this as its just NOT Team Sky's way of doing things! Weird ending...Thomas given the freedom to take off

Thomas had this to say pre-Tour de France:

“I’m feeling as ready as ever – better than I’ve ever felt at the start of the Tour,” he said.

keep in mind Thomas won in June, Criterium Du Danphine

really dont know what to make of this. Questions will be answered in the mountains, NO DOUBT!!!!!!!!
    Yes the entire Team Sky positioning at the end of this race is slightly puzzling as I can understand Sky wanting Thomas to give it a go for the Yellow. However at the risk of endangering Chris Froome’s chances of winning his record 5 th Tour De France ? You are correct the big climbs lie just ahead but today’s stage was not a stage I ever expected Chris to lose any time !

Its getting good on the TDF.

RX Wizard
    copy and paste

Thomas, who snatched a couple of bonus seconds during the stage, said that he felt that “everyone will be watching me now”. He said: “I got away with it twice, I don’t think I could get away with it a third time. It was more just going for it because I saw the opportunity.”

Thomas, who appeared to momentarily hesitate and look over his shoulder as he moved ahead of Froome, may now be able to take the race leader’s yellow jersey before Monday’s rest day. Others speculated over which rider on whom Team Sky would focus. “It’ll be interesting now to see if Sky back Geraint Thomas or Froome,” Porte said. Froome is 62 seconds adrift of Van Avermaet.

Porte was on Team Sky, for him to echo that? Geez, looks like this could be serious for Froome.

Quote Originally Posted by RX drew View Post
    Its getting good on the TDF.
    I think this year’s Tour is looking more wide open than I’ve seen in recent years. I have to admit that I wagered on Chris Froome but it now looks like a struggle! Richie Porte is looking good as is Geraint Thomas. I think the rest day before the mountain stages 10, 11 and 12 are going to be welcome reprieve for Froome’s chances as he hasn’t showed me that he’s in top form right now.
    Tomorrows stage 7 is long but pretty flat and should be a race between the sprinters one again. Barring any surprises, I see a batttle once again between Sagan and Gaviria. Good Luck !

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit16 View Post
    I think this year’s Tour is looking more wide open than I’ve seen in recent years. I have to admit that I wagered on Chris Froome but it now looks like a struggle! Richie Porte is looking good as is Geraint Thomas. I think the rest day before the mountain stages 10, 11 and 12 are going to be welcome reprieve for Froome’s chances as he hasn’t showed me that he’s in top form right now.
    Tomorrows stage 7 is long but pretty flat and should be a race between the sprinters one again. Barring any surprises, I see a batttle once again between Sagan and Gaviria. Good Luck !

Love it you're still here. You're wife OK??..g;
    "I don't want to know the odds."..Luke Skywalker.

Yes I’m still here ! My wife is fine and ornery as usual ! What not to like ? Lol ����

RX Wizard
    yupper, setting up for a Gaviria Vs Sagan finish

Sagan is an animal, geez

RX Wizard
    um, no take that back..lol

Thomas strong yet again. It's clear, to me at least, Team Sky has no intention of holding him back.

Dumoulin looks strong!!

peloton closing super fast

Greg Van Avermaet gets the 3 additional bonus points which assures him of holding onto the Yellow Jersey. Team Sky are really not concerned about his chances of winning this year’s Tour so they made no effort to stop him.

RX Wizard
    froome;

after yesterday;

"That's the plan for me. The second or third week, I plan to be in the best shape possible," he told Cyclingnews.

that's how he won the Giro, he was so so in the first week.....he doesnt see a 33 yr old in the mirror, lol

[QUOTE=Ricboff;12552166]froome;

after yesterday;

"That's the plan for me. The second or third week, I plan to be in the best shape possible," he told Cyclingnews.

that's how he won the Giro, he was so so in the first week.....he doesnt see a 33 yr old in the mirror, lol

Easier said than done sometimes. After winning the Giro, let’s see what he’s got left in the second half of this year’s Tour !

This is really looking like a crowded sprint ! I hope we don’t have any spills !

RX Wizard
    goign to be a great finish, when does sagan make a move

good ride for quintana, needed it

kittel is having a nightmare start to the tour

RX Wizard
    what a finish!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricboff View Post
    what a finish!!!!!!
    Dylan Groenewegen won today’s sprint stage with the 2 favorites finishing second and third. I was waiting for Ricboff to post the winner as I was struggling with the spelling ! Lol. Gaviria took second and Sagan took third. I believe they both were caught a little too far back as they were playing a little cat and mouse game with each other and Dylan who’s no slouch himself easily outfoxed them both. Very crowded sprint for sure and I’m pretty certain Cavendish inadvertainly bumped Sagan at the crucial part of the sprint finish. JMHO

More or less a rest day for the main CG contenders with no change except for the 3 second gained on the field by Greg Van Avermaet

I have a busy day so just a quick preview of tomorrow’s stage 8. It’s Bastille Day so expect a special effort by French riders. However I think they will have plenty of competition at the finish line as this is a flat stage once again. Gl

Just an interesting local happening here. Seattle to Portland bike ride starts tomorrow leaving Seattle with 10,000 riders ! They will all be,staying in Centralia, Washington Saturday as a halfway stop. Then Sunday they head to their destination in Portland, Oregon. The bikers come right through Vader, Wa where I reside with it’s 621 population. Just seems weird that this tiny town will have about 10,000 bike riders who come from all over the world !

Dylan Groenewegen wins today’s stage to record back to back stage wins. Dan Martin takes a nasty spill and will lose valuable time !

I waited a while to post updates on results of today’s stage because I suspected there might be penalties assessed to either Gaviria or Greipel for their closing sprint antics ! As it turns out their second and third place finishes were relinquished and Peter Sagan was moved forward to second place.
    In the main Yellow Jersey race, Dan Martin lost over a minute. Greg Van Avermaet was once again allowed to easily gain a 1 second bonus point to increase his lead to 7 seconds over Geraint Thomas which clearly shows that nobody fear Avermaet to win this year’s Tour. Froome moves up to 12 place but we all know the Mountain stages are coming up next week and the real race will begin in earnest. I remain concerned that Chris Froome’s participating in the Giro might be a factor in this Tour De France.
    Tomorrow is going to be a tough day as the cobblestones are the order of the day. I believe there are 15 different sections and they are always treacherous! I expect survival is the plan for all the main CG contenders and I wouldn’t be surprised IF there are lots of Falls. For the main competitors it’s not about winning tomorrow’s stage, it’s all about staying upright !

113-12 with 5 titles in 9 years rolltide's Avatar
    for those who enjoy watching these fellas taking tumbles, tomorrow's 9th stage is a must-see event. they probably went a little overboard with the cobbles this year but it will make for some interesting viewing. 15 cobble stretches covering about 15 miles....

Kermit, any thoughts on outright winner based on odds below?

Froome +150
    Porte +500
    Thomas +800
    Nibali +900
    Landa +1200
    Quintana +1400
    Fuglsang +1400

Quote Originally Posted by Uscsilb24 View Post
    Kermit, any thoughts on outright winner based on odds below?

Froome +150
    Porte +500
    Thomas +800
    Nibali +900
    Landa +1200
    Quintana +1400
    Fuglsang +1400
    With stage 9 coming up and the dreaded cobblestones, I’d sure like to be able to see the results of tomorrow’s stage before I answer. However I’m sure the odds would change drastically IF any of these favorites should take a fall. We must remember that Chris Froome was taken out of the Tour De France
    In 2014 due to several falls so i think the +800 on Geraint Thomas might be worth a wager. I’m not saying he’s the favorite but IF Froome should happen to take a fall, Thomas would actually have the lead amongst the real contenders going into the Mountain stages after Monday’s rest day. IF Chris Froome is out of the race either because of a fall OR being out of form, Thomas would be Team Sky’s main Man and Team Sky is a pretty awesome team in the mountains ! Richie Porte is also,well positioned. G L

RX Wizard
    Movistar has to make a call soon, whom will the team back as GC leader? They should be strong in the mountains. Landa a year ago looked effortless at times, he was held back by Sky to protect Froome. Will Movistar do the same if Quintana struggles (which he did a yr ago and is already nearly 2 minutes off)? good grief if they do- but I dont think they will. They will let the mountains decide whether its Quintana or Landa.

The last rider to win the Giro and Tour de France in the same yr? 1998 , Pantini - TWENTY YEARS AGO. In addition, unlike a yr ago Froome likely will NOT have the lead headed to the mountains come Tuesday- he is behind: Landa, Porte, and nearly a minute behind his own teammate . He's also 33 (peak age is approx 27, most agree)Despite all this he is +150 to win? The books in respect mode.

Team Sky has its doubts as seen with the freedom Thomas has been given. . Thomas is a very strong rider, in form and could be a GC rider on a team not named Team Sky. Here's the big question; IF Froome struggles in the mountains do they call Thomas back to support him (as they did with Landa a yr ago)? I say no. ........ This is wide open. Cut check for Froome he may regret the efforts at The Giro, esp at his age

no respect given to Uran?He's in great shape on the leaderboard! a beast in the mountains . Not a strong TT so he needs the lead after the mountains, imo. He was on the final podium a yr ago